PDA

View Full Version : Still Tickets Available for Sunday

Good Days Last
01-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Believe me guys. There will still be a few hundred tickets released.

1) There's no way TM released all the tickets at once. It's not justifiable.

2) Rejected orders. Credit cards over the limit and such.

3) Simply because I'm making a guess, and I'm mostly right. :)

Seriously. Keep trying, and don't resort to ebay just yet.

Mystagogue
01-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I see two possibilities as far as the Sunday tickets go:

1) Ticketmaster/Goldenvoice is releasing the "limited" number of individual day tickets in small batches, in unknown numbers, at unknown times, at unknown intervals. That's why people are randomly popping up and saying "I got 2 Sunday tickets online!!!"

2) There was such a small amount of "limited" individual day tickets allocated, that they sold out virtually immediately. For this to happen, it would have had to have been a very small number of tickets. Of course, no one is talking and we don't know the numbers.

This all pretty much adds up to a decision by Goldenvoice with the ultimate goal being selling more 3-day passes. We didn't want to go to Friday...now we may have to bite the bullet and buy the passes then sell Friday off like everyone else. We weren't able to get Tickets for Sunday, so we didn't get Saturday either.

Psychic Friend, our resident Goldenvoice insider/forum administrator/Coachella guru, normally will post and let us know when tickets are close to selling out. All she has said on the issue so far, and rather cryptically I might add, is "Keep trying." This leads me to believe that the tickets are indeed being "metered out" online.

Waiting now. Not sure what to do.

Good Days Last
01-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Psychic Friend, our resident Goldenvoice insider/forum administrator/Coachella guru, normally will post and let us know when tickets are close to selling out. All she has said on the issue so far, and rather cryptically I might add, is "Keep trying." This leads me to believe that the tickets are indeed being "metered out" online.

Waiting now. Not sure what to do.

I recall her saying something to the same lines also...

Keep your heads up guys, and see you on Sunday.

eyeluvmusik
01-27-2007, 08:43 PM
My friends work for Ticketmaster and if you look back at my posts in the past I have been fairly accurate on most topics.

My friend said that TM and GV decided that 50% of all the tickets on all days would be single day tickets. She said that the demand for all tickets to this event (3 day tickets and single day tickets) has been enormous and they have sold in excess of 20,000 single day sunday tickets. (This is a bummer because it means there will be a bunch of idiots at the show on Sunday). It has caused TM a lot of time trying to handle the demand. She said that TM routinely goes through the orders that people have made and cancels their tickets for bad credit cards, over the limit credit cards and people that have purchased more than the stated maximum. They do this using matching address, credit card and email address info. This is what causes tickets to suddenly pop up as available for purchase.

She says that the entire event is a few days away from selling out. She also indicated that the camping tickets will sell out soon as well.

You will know more when I know more.

matsuolost
01-27-2007, 08:48 PM
how many days

Boourns
01-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Shit, three day passes better not sell out anytime soon. It'll be weeks before I have the dough.

Thank God the Police aren't playing or they'd already be gone.

C DUB YA
01-27-2007, 08:57 PM
I expect to see MANY more Sunday only passes popping up right up till the 3 days sellout. Patience people, and don't buy the shit on ebay, it ain't worth it !You'll cry when you get screwed out of $200 extra bucks! Think of all the beer and churros that buys!

Boourns
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM
I want a demerol and grape soda booth.

matsuolost
01-27-2007, 09:10 PM
250 + tm charges = 265 right?

matsuolost
01-27-2007, 09:17 PM
so what does this mean?

I believe its $265 flat. just sayin

m0ves159
01-27-2007, 09:18 PM
does TM accept american express??

Good Days Last
01-27-2007, 09:18 PM

nope...closer to 300. If I had to pay 106 for 85 dollar tickets..

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Like Psychic friend has said a zillion times.

KEEP TRYING EVERYDAY!!!!!!! yOU NEVER KNOW ..TRY WHEN THEY OPEN IN THE MORNING FIRST thing if its that important to you.

its about $98 for each day
i paid $671 for 2-3 day passes and two camping tixs..

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 09:44 PM
does TM accept american express??

yes they do. i personally would set up an account with all your info so no time os wasted fiddling with it resulting in lost tixs cause you took to long typing

m0ves159
01-27-2007, 09:59 PM
another question when ur searching for ur tix on TM and it says no tickets available do i have to keep going back and retyping thier code or can i just refresh the page

SWEETSHIVERBURN
01-27-2007, 10:03 PM
another question when ur searching for ur tix on TM and it says no tickets available do i have to keep going back and retyping thier code or can i just refresh the page

it will keep bringing you back to the front page and you will have to retype the code.
i cant stress enough...DONT REFRESH!!!! you will lose your place while it is searching. Let it search fpr tickets first then go back and try again.

fatbastard
01-28-2007, 10:44 AM
Mantra for ticket discussion.

Tickets are available for all 3 days.

You missed the opportunity to purchase 3 day passes

You will have to pay extra to buy tickets for each day individually

You are able to buy tickets from Goldenvoice or Ticketmaster

Don't allow the message board hype to sway you into thinking otherwise.

Mystagogue
01-28-2007, 03:53 PM
She says that the entire event is a few days away from selling out.
You will know more when I know more.

Sorry, you pretty much lost all credibility right there.

Courtney
01-28-2007, 04:55 PM
You missed the opportunity to purchase 3 day passes

What? 3-day passes are still available on Ticketmaster.

theaenimatool
01-28-2007, 05:35 PM

keep dreaming. i bought my 3 day pass online and it ended up at 287. those bastards!

oh well. RAGE! SONIC YOUTH! ARCADE FIRE!

boyalien0
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
keep dreaming. i bought my 3 day pass online and it ended up at 287. those bastards!

oh well. RAGE! SONIC YOUTH! ARCADE FIRE!

This is definitely the most optimistic post on this board as of the moment. Reading it makes me feel better about humanity. Now if only all the Rage fanboys could adopt the same attitude.

tessalasset
01-28-2007, 06:56 PM
$265 is the glasshouse price.

Son of MJK
01-28-2007, 09:54 PM
im thinkin bout takin that drive from la to pomona on sat, u think that glasshouse will have the 3 days passes available this sat?

tessalasset
01-28-2007, 10:53 PM
for the sake of both of us, i sure hope so.

vinylmartyr
01-28-2007, 10:54 PM
I would be shocked if this fest was close to selling out. Sunday may sellout but I just can't see Friday selling out. People have to work and travel. I hope it seels out though. 3 day passes might sellout near the day of the fest. I'm just guessing though.