PDA

View Full Version : THE GAMING HARDWARE THREAD: PS4 - WII U - XBone - PS3 - 360 - WII

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 07:49 AM
Every now and then, some threads start about gaming. Someone will automatically claim one system's dominance over another - I really dislike those statements.

I own all 3 systems, and I think those who make such claims don't have the option of actually playing and enjoying the other systmes. The media has created this hardware war, and so far the public have voted for all 3 systems. In their own way. While there still may be a casuality, this isn't going to happen anytime soon.

The 360 has hit the ceiling of what it can do, the Wii is already getting close to the same situation. The PS3 however is the one system, yet to flex any real muscle. That in itself is exciting - for gamers in general, not for MS, Sony, or Nintendo fanboys. If you like 360, you have a system right in the thick of it's glory time. Wii and PS3 have some growing to do, fun fun fun.

Right now I like all 3 systems pretty much equally. Here is why:

PS3 - Ratchet and Clank: Future is so fun and beautiful - it has no parallel, Also Heavenly Sword is a great cinematic experience that is actually fun to play. I LOVE watching Blu Ray movies (this is a big bonus over the other two systems by the way, when you by the HD-DVD add on, the 360 is the same price as the PS3, if not a bit more money). Also the Playstation online network, while not as rich as XBOX Live, is 100% FREE. They have had some stinker titles though (Lair), and need a major exclusive library boost (Drake's Fortune, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone 2, could be those titles).

360 - although very over-rated, Halo 3 is still very fun, online is the only way to go in the end, and I have a good time with it, every time. Madden is one game that a side by side comparision shows a 360 victory. Frame rate, frame rate, frame rate. Its looks better and it just plays smoother on the 360 than the other 2 systems, that comes down to the ease of programming. What an additional year and half on the market can do. Gears of War is awesome, better than Halo 3 as a campaign title. When Gears of War 2 comes out it will have to keep up the fight, beacuse by that time, PS3 and Wii, will have some firepower of their own (most likely).

Wii - is fun as a concept for the casual gamer, and the wiimotes are far more responsive than anyone could've hoped. All the games are fun enough, but if it's a cross platform title, then I would opt for the PS3 or 360 version first. Mario Galaxy however is a whole other story, a really great title, reason to buy the system. Hopefully Wii can have more titles like that (Smash Brothers), it will need them to extend the system's life beyond the current casual gamer interest.

Thoughts? Favorites?

Mr.Nipples
11-14-2007, 08:10 AM
Sega Dreamcast....

suprefan
11-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Wii fo sho I like the ''gun'' they are putting out. They need to busy out Hogans alley and stuff, the Links crossbow game looks to be fun, and Smash Brothers will be siiick, if they did 4 player style too!

I have played PS3 and 360 but its just better graphics and stuff and I dotn know. I used to totally be a gamer but not so much anymore.

Guitar Hero still rules..

sonofhal
11-14-2007, 08:26 AM
The Wii sells out within 30 minutes of every delivery i get - still, nearly a whole year after launch. It's not really selling to gamers though - it seems more of a replacement for the good old family board game. Mario Galaxy will be the first time i switch the machine on this year.

I haven't switched my PS3 on at all this year. I may try Ratchet and Clank, but if that's the best it has to offer....Maybe if the games actually ran in 1080 (most are still 720 for some reason). The PS3 and 360 are selling in almost identical rates here at the moment. I get asked every day "when are some good games coming out for my PS3" by customers. We get a lot of people trading in PS3's to get 360's, due to the wealth and depth of product available. Maybe next year it'll have a stronger and more original line up.

My 360 gets quite a lot of use, mainly on LIVE, as it actually works (take note sony).

I have a 2hr round trip to work every day, so my DS gets the most use. My PSP was the first machine i ever traded in, due to it's shockingly bad games.

Mr.Nipples
11-14-2007, 08:27 AM
commodore 64...

suprefan
11-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Sega Mastersystem

shakermaker113
11-14-2007, 08:37 AM
last console I owned was a super nintendo. lol.

I'd like a ps3, mostly for the back catalog of ps1 and ps2 games. I have yet to see any ps3 games that are a real draw... though the same can be said of the wii and the xbox 360 as far as I am concerned. when gta4 is released, however...

I read that the ps3 development is what delayed that game actually -- the engineers underestimated how difficult it would be to develop for the ps3. that's a little discouraging.

sonofhal
11-14-2007, 08:43 AM
The backwards compatibility has been removed from the latest "cheaper" european PS3's.

GTA4 on 360 is getting more additional shizzle than the PS3 version.

invisiblerobots
11-14-2007, 09:06 AM
I stayed up late playing Super Mario Galaxy last night. I'm kinda sleepy today.

marooko
11-14-2007, 09:13 AM
ill go PS3 when its not 10 thousand dollars. theyre killing themselves, WTF!?

wmgaretjax
11-14-2007, 09:58 AM
i have a wii, but I haven't been blown away by any titles so far. going to get Galaxy today, even though I don't really have time to play it. I'm most excited for smash brothers, I loved that game on 64.

every time I visit my parents I play Xbox360 with my dad. I wish I had the time and money for one of those things. I have played Gears of War, Bioshock, call of duty, and have loved them all.

god damn I wish I was a kid again, and actually had time for this shit.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 09:59 AM
ill go PSP when its not 10 thousand dollars. theyre killing themselves, WTF!?

??????

PSPs are what... (or will be) $139.99 for xmas? That's not that much for that hardware - not in the least.

IF you meant PS3 - they are NOT a lot either - for what you get. ($399) Hell, most Blu Ray players are at least that much by themselves.

Tylerdurden31
11-14-2007, 10:04 AM
I have a Wii - It's got potential to be extremely fun, but it's looking like the same situation with the N64 where 3rd party developers are having problems making good games. Metroid Prime 3 was pretty good as was Zelda. I'm probably gonna pick up Mario Galaxy and Medal of Honor Heroes 2 this week. Medal of Honor apparently has the best controls for a FPS on the Wii so far. And online play.

suprefan
11-14-2007, 10:05 AM
PSPs on black friday are going to be a deal and half. For %150 you get a PSP and 5 games.

And yeah PS3's next week are going to be nice, Best Buy has it with NBA 08 and a movie for $399.

Question, so whats the deal with the ''Wii wheel''? I saw that somewhere, so now driving games are going to get into the mix.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 10:09 AM
yeah I saw the wheel to - could be cool. Driving with the wiimote is cumbersome.

The PSP and PS3 prices for xmas is crazy good. Wow!

Watched Ratatouille on Blu Ray last night - it was awesome.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 10:11 AM
Also - looks like Dual Shock controllers are coming back as a option for the PS3

shakermaker113
11-14-2007, 10:11 AM
The backwards compatibility has been removed from the latest "cheaper" european PS3's.

I know. terrible choice on their part.

GTA4 on 360 is getting more additional shizzle than the PS3 version.

this may be the first attraction the xbox has ever held for me. I don't get it. isn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360?

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I know. terrible choice on their part.

this may be the first attraction the xbox has ever held for me. I don't get it. isn't the ps3 more powerful than the 360?

No.

I read that is purely SPECUALTION, GTA4 will most likely be identical out of the box - additional online content however will most likely differ.

The PS3 - on paper - is way more powerful. But it takes more than just processor power and storage capacity to make a great game - the developers hold the key - as soon as they figure out how to develop easier and faster - the PS3 will start to shine more.

What you see on the market now - apart from Heavenly Sword and Ratchet and Clank, is basically PS3 - v1.0, give it another 6 to 12 months and see the difference. Its starting to happen already.

hawkingvsreeve
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
I wouldn't buy a PS3 or HDDVD equivalent until one format has been decided. Taking Sony's track record into account, I predict the winner to HDDVD. Also, I am still of the opinion that the hype over both formats is a little unjustifed. Yes, the movies look better, ONLY if you have an HDTV that will do 1080p, and is at least 50 inches in size. Beyond movies, there is no real reason to own a 1080p TV. At the moment.

shakermaker113
11-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I read that is purely SPECUALTION, GTA4 will most likely be identical out of the box - additional online content however will most likely differ.

oh. thanks. hopes have been lifted slightly.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I wouldn't buy a PS3 or HDDVD equivalent until one format has been decided. Taking Sony's track record into account, I predict the winner to HDDVD. Also, I am still of the opinion that the hype over both formats is a little unjustifed. Yes, the movies look better, ONLY if you have an HDTV that will do 1080p, and is at least 50 inches in size. Beyond movies, there is no real reason to own a 1080p TV. At the moment.

True - but I doubt a clear cut winner can be chosen right now - if i'd have to guess I'd say Blu Ray - purely on higher profile titles (esp Disney) and the amount stores like Best Buy and Circuit City have decided to carry, and dedicate shelf space to.

Both currently dedicate more racks and space to Blu Ray.

Bigger issue might be gaming in general and the size contraints HD-DVD has. A Game like Heavenly Sword could not be done on HD-DVD, purely on space.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 10:23 AM
oh. thanks. hopes have been lifted slightly.

The 360 is banking on more downloadable content

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 10:24 AM
I got Gamecast

rage patton
11-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Wii all the way. With that being said, I am a total Nintendo fanboy. I own the NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Gameboy colour, gameboy advance and DS. I am also always on the lookout for a virtual boy.
I love the Wii though. Twilight Princess was amazing. Wario Ware was fun, Ryman is fun... hell everything I have played on it was fun. I wasnt a fan of the gamecube Metroid games, but I really enjoyed Metroid in the Wii. I am also really excited about Super Mario Galaxy. From what I have heard, its probably better then I am even imagining. I think I am going to wait till Christmas though... school is a bitch right now.
Super Smash Bros Brawl will own ALL though. Seriously. I am sooooooo excited for that game. Im to the point where there is almost NO way it will be as good as I am imagning. Then I will go to the website... and they will have added something new! It keeps on getting better and better! Febuary 10th cannot come soon enough. It almost depresses me I will know the Coachella 08 line up before I get my hands on Brawl...

sonofhal
11-14-2007, 10:28 AM
No.

I spoke to the dev team at our conference. 360 will be the only machine that gets the total GTA4 experience. I still have no idea what they meant, but there will be more stuff on the 360 version, wether in the box or downloadable.

I don't think you need a 50" screen to really enjoy hi-def. I can certainly see the difference on my 40". Sin City looked amazing (and even the shittest sci-fi movies suddenly become watchable - just for the effects)

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 10:29 AM
SSSB is gonna be sweet

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I spoke to the dev team at our conference. 360 will be the only machine that gets the total GTA4 experience. I still have no idea what they meant, but there will be more stuff on the 360 version, wether in the box or downloadable.

I don't think you need a 50" screen to really enjoy hi-def. I can certainly see the difference on my 40". Sin City looked amazing (and even the shittest sci-fi movies suddenly become watchable - just for the effects)

Right - downloadble content will make the differences

adamnikyo
11-14-2007, 10:34 AM
C DUB YA is wrong about so many things I've lost the urge to correct him.

suprefan
11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
And to continute on Mr Nipples.

Turbografix 16

I still think the Wii gun is going to rule.

Like I said..... Hogans Alley beetches.............

J~$$$
11-14-2007, 10:35 AM
He has a blog to promote.

hawkingvsreeve
11-14-2007, 10:39 AM

No, you don't need a 50 in screen to enjoy HD. I've got a 42 in and it looks great. But the difference between 720 and 1080, vis a vis progressive scanning is really only noticable on screens of larger size, like 50 inches and up. Unless you have a Pioneer Elite. Those things are sexy.

I love when I can use vis a vis in a sentance and it works.

Mr.Nipples
11-14-2007, 10:41 AM
atari lynx...

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
He has a blog to promote.

I have no blog to promote my friend - I've told you this before - either you don't listen or you don't read.

What indicates I'm promoting anything?

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
C DUB YA is wrong about so many things I've lost the urge to correct him.

Oh please - what am I worng about? Enlighten me - oh asshole of the thread.

suprefan
11-14-2007, 11:20 AM
Oooh!! And I wanna do this with my Wii(whenever that day comes)

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6633/wiiox8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

All That I Am
11-14-2007, 12:59 PM
C Dub Ya, I already own an xbox 360 and a wii, but I see no reason to pick up a ps3 even though i have the money laying around. There aren't any original games besides Metal Gear that I'd be interested in playing. It seems like everything that was supposed to be ps3 exclusive comes out on 360 too.

rage patton
11-14-2007, 01:16 PM
Metal Gear Solid 4 is the ONLY reason I would buy a PS3.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 01:35 PM
C Dub Ya, I already own an xbox 360 and a wii, but I see no reason to pick up a ps3 even though i have the money laying around. There aren't any original games besides Metal Gear that I'd be interested in playing. It seems like everything that was supposed to be ps3 exclusive comes out on 360 too.

yeah either you buy it for a few exclusive titles (R & C, Heavenly Sword, Resistance: Fall of Man, Motorstorm) and Blu Ray tech - or not at all right now.

BUT - same could be said for the really good exclusives for 360 though (Gears, Halos, Bioshock, PGR)... after those, you have a bigger library, that comes an equal amount of crap.

The PS3 price is right, but if you wait - it will be twice as nice

Drakes, R & C, and Metal Gear are definitely exclusive titles to get it for though, then you'll have Killzone 2 - which might be the killer game of next year.

sonofhal
11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
I wanted Unreal Tournament, but it slipped to next year. Haze is pretty fine though.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 01:46 PM
A ton of titles, on all systems, seem to be slipping to next year.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 01:55 PM
SWEET JESUS!!!!

I just looked and realized Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is out in a few days!

HOLY CRAP this is going to be effin sweet! Me loves some good ole Indiana Jones/Pitfall/Tomb Raiding type gaming.

Here's your reason to pick up a PS3 this holiday - check it:

1PPIRXm8URg

J~$$$
11-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh please - what am I worng about? Enlighten me - oh asshole of the thread.

tell him how he is worng.

bug on your lip
11-14-2007, 02:37 PM
i only want to play Rock Band

which system should i get for optimum rockin ?
you nerds better tell me or i'll be waiting for you after school !!

Mr.Nipples
11-14-2007, 02:44 PM
panasonic 3DO...

menikmati
11-14-2007, 03:12 PM
I have a Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, and Playstation 2 all in my room. PS3 is next on my list (with a new TV)...

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 03:18 PM
tell him how he is worng.

I'm still waiting on YOU to tell me about my blog I'm supposedly promoting...

ass

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 03:19 PM
i only want to play Rock Band

which system should i get for optimum rockin ?
you nerds better tell me or i'll be waiting for you after school !!

might as well go 360 - you can get into it the cheapest still

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 03:20 PM
I have a Dreamcast, Saturn, Genesis, and Playstation 2 all in my room. PS3 is next on my list (with a new TV)...

Yeah - with any new gen system (ESP 360 and PS3) - a new TV is really the only way to go.

J~$$$
11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
worng!

menikmati
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I have rockband coming for PS2....yeah no online/downloadable content...but i'm happy to play along to In Bloom, Maps, Wave of Mutilation and more.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 03:27 PM
worng!

still waiting asshole...

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 03:29 PM
I have rockband coming for PS2....yeah no online/downloadable content...but i'm happy to play along to In Bloom, Maps, Wave of Mutilation and more.

there is a major drop of in graphics - but considering the actual gameplay - not that big a deal.

J~$$$
11-14-2007, 03:31 PM
worng!

menikmati
11-14-2007, 03:35 PM
right...I don't play Guitar Hero for the graphics....I don't even watch the animations on screen, I just follow the notes....graphics in those games aren't important. If it was tony hawk game on the other hand, then yeah, I want good graphics (which is why i never picked up the PS2 port of Project 8).....hopefully I'll get a PS3 by next spring....and then can pick up skate, gta4, and await the fall releases of the next guitar based games and tony hawk, madden, etc...

MissingPerson
11-14-2007, 04:02 PM
Sony's suicidal marketing of the PS3 - the real official reason for removing the backwards compatibilty really is to try and force sales of PS3 titles over their PS2 counterparts - makes me want to hate them... but... Oooh, Metal Gear and Killzone.

If only there was a Silent Hill for Wii. :(

comiddle
11-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I just played the demo for Uncharted last night. Sleek. I'll be picking that up next week for sure. Cover system similar to Gears of War, the Tomb Raider adventure and a steady flow of cannon fodder.

This is an expensive month(ish) to be a PS3 owner.
Assassin's Creed
Ratchet & Clank
Call of Duty 4
Uncharted

And then there's Rockband if that's your thing.

theburiedlife
11-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Has anyone bought Assassins Creed Yet? I've been too busy recycling ranks in prestige(Call of duty 4) to notice.

Wheres the beef?
11-14-2007, 04:50 PM
Dreamcast, Turbografx16, 3DO, Commodore 64............please. We all know Intellivision rules the nation.

PlayaDelWes
11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
All I know is that I picked up WII Playground last night and it rocks. It might possibly be the best thing ever to come on a metallic disk. It’s like Halo and Sims, but instead of fighting or whatever you do in those games; you throw things at your friends. You can play Dodgeball, race Paper Airplanes and Slot Cars, shoot Freethrows, dribble for points, play some game called “Kick”, Teatherball of course, you can go Bug Catching (oh yea), and even have a Nerf Dartgun fight!!! You collect marbles, you get a stickerbook, you can high-five other kids on the playground, and any kid you beat can come back and dare and double dare you.

rage patton
11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Has anyone bought Assassins Creed Yet? I've been too busy recycling ranks in prestige(Call of duty 4) to notice.

It looks amazing.

All I know is that I picked up WII Playground last night and it rocks. It might possibly be the best thing ever to come on a metallic disk. It’s like Halo and Sims, but instead of fighting or whatever you do in those games; you throw things at your friends. You can play Dodgeball, race Paper Airplanes and Slot Cars, shoot Freethrows, dribble for points, play some game called “Kick”, Teatherball of course, you can go Bug Catching (oh yea), and even have a Nerf Dartgun fight!!! You collect marbles, you get a stickerbook, you can high-five other kids on the playground, and any kid you beat can come back and dare and double dare you.

Someones bitter...

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 05:46 PM

Yeah I want to hear about the actual gameplay

All That I Am
11-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Fuck all yall Neo-Geo!

SojuGorae
11-14-2007, 06:11 PM
I've been playing the Uncharted demo a lot. That game's like so sweet and stuff and junk.

theburiedlife
11-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Someones bitter...

I think nostalgic is a better word.

C DUB YA
11-14-2007, 08:15 PM
I've been playing the Uncharted demo a lot. That game's like so sweet and stuff and junk.

I went this evening and reserved a copy. There will be some upcoming drowsy days at work I predict.

Steez
11-15-2007, 01:39 AM
I sold my 360 over the summer for a lack of games. And also cause I had recently quit my job at gamestop which had pretty much got me back into video games, but Im gonna buy a 360 again within the next month. I wanna play Halo 3, I only played the beta when I had my 360. Skate is really fun, and I loved call of duty 3 so 4 would be fun. Also the orange box seems really cool.

I also wanna get a ps3, since the price kinda dropped, mainly because itll have other uses besides games, like a blue ray player. But if I get one, it wont be till metal gear 4 comes out.

And fuck the wii, i had one when i worked at gamestop and sold it like a month later.

Stefinitely Maybe
11-15-2007, 01:41 AM
I love my PSP! I have a 4gb memory card for it, so I put lots of video on there. I currently have the most recent series of Entourage and a bunch of Heroes episodes to watch, plus a couple of albums worth of mp3s. Plus I think it has some GREAT games (Syphon Filter, Need For Speed, Pro Evo...) and the internet / wireless is good too!

Steez
11-15-2007, 01:42 AM
No, you don't need a 50 in screen to enjoy HD. I've got a 42 in and it looks great. But the difference between 720 and 1080, vis a vis progressive scanning is really only noticable on screens of larger size, like 50 inches and up. Unless you have a Pioneer Elite. Those things are sexy.

I love when I can use vis a vis in a sentance and it works.

yeah i had a 32 inch lcd and switching from a standard tv, made my games just look amazing

Steez
11-15-2007, 01:42 AM
I love my PSP! I have a 4gb memory card for it, so I put lots of video on there. I currently have the most recent series of Entourage and a bunch of Heroes episodes to watch, plus a couple of albums worth of mp3s. Plus I think it has some GREAT games (Syphon Filter, Need For Speed, Pro Evo...) and the internet / wireless is good too!

i had a psp, i only had vice city stories and metal gear portable opps, pretty cool playing MG online, but the game was kind of annoying.

Steez
11-15-2007, 01:44 AM

its useful id say for the blue ray cause thats obviously gonna over take hd-dvd sadly, and i liked the wii for the web browser which would be cool for the ps3, im sure the ps3 will start to pick up pace next year. but yeah metal gear is the only reason as of now, and ratchet and clank is really fun

Steez
11-15-2007, 01:48 AM
oh and i forgot about killzone, when i had my ps2 me and my dad finally figured out how to get online with it, man it would just be killzone all night

sonofhal
11-15-2007, 01:53 AM

I have the net on my phone, and i have an Archos for the TV downloads. I will probably grab another PSP at some point, but it still hasn't really grabbed me. The DS games tend to be a lot more original, and not just PS2 games on a tiny screen.

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 06:16 AM
oh and i forgot about killzone, when i had my ps2 me and my dad finally figured out how to get online with it, man it would just be killzone all night

Yeah, KIllzone 2 will be the one game that everyone from every system is going to drool over, graphics with no equal, plus amazing gameplay from what E3 had to say... let's hope they don't drag the release out. Amazon has it listed with no release date, I've heard it's slated for Holiday of next year.

The PS3 graphics engine is being pushed for the first time just on the enviro-physics in this thing, truely unbelievable.

The below footage is from E3 2007, and contains actual gameplay.

mBGMFLhbvvw

there is some amazing footage ( anice long behind the scenes walk thru) here:

WOW!

-wFd9gTpyt0

Steez
11-15-2007, 06:42 AM
yeah, i forgot when i saw the actual gameplay, i think the actual gameplay for metal gear is just amazing, so much added to it

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 06:47 AM
It will be fun to watch them add new Metal Gear stuff. One of the reasons for the delay is the simple fact they want to get it perfect, which I'd rather have than a early realease that doesn't live up to my expectations. I'm all about the developers taking their time on both Metal Gear and Killzone 2 - but it looks like both are coming in 2008!

PS3 looks better and better as time goes on and the games worth owning, start to trickle in. My 360 will get plenty of use in the meantime, I still sort of worried about the longevity of the Wii, but all 3 are fun, and in that case we all win, right?

4 days till PS3's: UNCHARTED DRAKE'S FORTUNE!

canexplain
11-15-2007, 07:32 AM
well i have had my ps3 since they first came out, and i still cant get my sound to work .... canx**>ps3 .... canx**

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 07:50 AM
check your setting on the set up menu. - depending on how you hooked it up - you have to change it - I had that happen when switched over and used the HDMI cable.

canexplain
11-15-2007, 07:53 AM
check your setting on the set up menu. - depending on how you hooked it up - you have to change it - I had that happen when switched over and used the HDMI cable.
yea, i did that a couple of times .. i thought maybe it was just broken, but at one time i had analog sound coming out ... so i hooked up my hdmi to a lcd, the pic is awesome, and still no sound ... so i tried a mix of optic, analog, component, and hdmi .... grrrr i am not that stupid ... tnx for the advice though c dub ya ... canx**

SojuGorae
11-15-2007, 07:59 AM
C DUB YA, everytime I play a PS3 game, the screen on my HDTV shows a flash of static and makes an annoying tear-like sound before loading the game, is there a way I can get rid of that? It's really an insignificant annoyance, but regardless it's still pretty damn annoying.

Is it a problem with my HDMI cable? Currently, that's what I'm suspecting.

Apologies for riding on Cane's coattails with my PS3 problems.

adamnikyo
11-15-2007, 08:35 AM
C DUB YA - Please tell me Sony is compensating you.
EDIT: Not for fixing people's problems but because of your incessant promotion.

Steez
11-15-2007, 09:25 AM
yeah, im kinda wondering about all the bold and stuff

but xbox 360 is waaaay better than the ps3

xbox live alone kills it, ps3 only has like 2 games worth buying right now for it, 360 its like

Gears Of War
Halo 3
Rainbow Six Vegas, which sucked on ps3
call of duty 3, which also sucked on ps3
crackdown was pretty fun for a while
and saints row is better than any gta that has been out thus far, i dont know if it came out for ps3 yet, but 360 had it at launch

ps3 has
resistance, which i heard was alright
and motorstorm which got lame quick

and i dont know if this was brought up yet but a sony sponsored review gave super mario galaxy a terrible review, even though everyone else said it was like amazing

when i worked at gamestop the only thing the sony rep would talk about is blueray and he was a complete idiot

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 09:56 AM
C DUB YA - Please tell me Sony is compensating you.
EDIT: Not for fixing people's problems but because of your incessant promotion.

I promote all systems - I really do like them all.

Here: look at my presonal hardware history. (I know this is outing me as a geek)

1. Intellisvion
2. Colecovision
3. NES
4. Super NES
5. Sega Genesis
6. N64
7. Dreamcast
8. PS1
9. PS2
10. Xbox
11. Xbox 360
12. PS3
13. Wii

I am equally a 360 and Nintendo (less these days) man. The thing is nobody bashes the 360, or the Wii (which every mother seems to love), I could defintiely complain about those systems, but why would I? I like the PS3 just fine, have had not one problem with it, and enjoy (the few) games I have to this point. Most of the (web) bashing comes from MS/Nintendo fanboys.

If this thread seems Sony heavy - it's mainly cause we are post Halo 3 time. Nothing really big in the 360 cannon anytime soon, as Halo was the major weapon. When you look at the future of the systems like a year or two out, 360 has Gears 2, and that's about it for known killer exclusives. For example, PS3's Uncharted Drakes Fortune comes out this week, and that is reason for PS3 owners to be excited. It's not on 360 or Wii, so, there ya go. We (Wii) could talk about Mario Galaxy, it's rather new and a system mover (they really don't need one) for Nintendo this holiday. I like Galaxy very much, but I need to play it more.

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 10:11 AM
yeah, im kinda wondering about all the bold and stuff

but xbox 360 is waaaay better than the ps3

xbox live alone kills it, ps3 only has like 2 games worth buying right now for it, 360 its like

Gears Of War
Halo 3
Rainbow Six Vegas, which sucked on ps3
call of duty 3, which also sucked on ps3
crackdown was pretty fun for a while
and saints row is better than any gta that has been out thus far, i dont know if it came out for ps3 yet, but 360 had it at launch

ps3 has
resistance, which i heard was alright
and motorstorm which got lame quick

and i dont know if this was brought up yet but a sony sponsored review gave super mario galaxy a terrible review, even though everyone else said it was like amazing

when i worked at gamestop the only thing the sony rep would talk about is blueray and he was a complete idiot

I disagree with most of this.

1. 360 is not waaaaay better, it's better, but that is mostly based on library of software, not system potential, not periphal capability, etc... Xbox Live is indeed better - but again they've had a few more years to make it so, and a broader customer base to rely on. It will cost you though, Wii (somewhat) and PS3 are trying to nix that business model and create communties that are based on gaming interaction - not just mass subscription services.

2. PS3 has more than 2 games worth buying: Resistance (is very good), Ratchet & Clank, Motostorm, Uncharted (tomorrow), Heavenly Sword... for starters. Tiger Woods 08 looks better on PS3, and I think that is worth owning.

3. Call of Duty sucked on both systems, Saint's Row was a 360 exclusive, 360 has a year and half on PS3 and Wii, so titles at 360's launch don't compare, because developers only had one system to develop for at that time. Games Like Rainbow Six and the latest Madden have a frame rate advantage (due to the way the programmers developed it) and thus they both look and play better on 360, no doubt about it.

4. About the Sony Sponsored Mario review - which I haven't seen. I would figure as much, I did read the MS review of the PS3 hardware and it was scathing, as were their comments on Resistance. Nintendo bashes both Sony and MS for not creating new gaming experiences, or their lack of family based games, yadda yadda yadda, all 3 are guilty of slinging some mud, it's very big business. Galaxy is really good by the way.

5. I can understand why a Sony rep would talk about Blu Ray - they are kinda banking on it to the tune of miliions and millions of dollars. It's an amazing tech, that, may end up being a wonderful win for the consumer, based on gaming alone, the space and processing power it can handle gives it a natual leg up, the movies are a nice benefit too, but that's another story.

6. I'm bolding or using italics on all titles, on all systems.

Steez
11-15-2007, 10:22 AM
based on my experiance, 360 is much better, better prices if you're not using it to download a bunch of movies, playstation has potential but right now they arent doing jack to show it, besides on maybe a couple games that are out

when i worked at gamestop we always had people trading in ps3s for a 360 or wii, the wii also sucks balls, just a gimmick. when i worked at gamestop we'd have more traded in ps3s then we could keep in the locker. and from what the ex co-workers tell me, its the same story. we had one guy that bought a ps3 3 times, trying his hardest to hold on to it, but always bringing it back.

sony is trying to wow people with features, in terms of gaming not gimmicks such as blue ray players, or other stuff, 360 kills the ps3. even a year after the ps3 came out its still not worth picking up.

when digg comes back online you can see the sony review on mario

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 10:28 AM
C DUB YA, everytime I play a PS3 game, the screen on my HDTV shows a flash of static and makes an annoying tear-like sound before loading the game, is there a way I can get rid of that? It's really an insignificant annoyance, but regardless it's still pretty damn annoying.

Is it a problem with my HDMI cable? Currently, that's what I'm suspecting.

Apologies for riding on Cane's coattails with my PS3 problems.

I would guess it might be a surge problem, usually thru said cable. If it's when the game itself launches - it might be something else. Try launching the game with the disc already in the system.

adamnikyo
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
The 360 has hit the ceiling of what it can do, the Wii is already getting close to the same situation.
Hey, you know how when someone asks a blind person what it's like to not see - like, is it all white, or is it all black - they can't tell you, because they don't even know the difference between black and white, having always been blind?
When you're a fucking retard, like yourself, can you use that excuse for not knowing anything?

The PS3 however is the one system, yet to flex any real muscle.
I just want to quote you here to establish the theme of this entire little thread you've created, i.e., The Thread Where C DUB YA Desperately and Repeatedly Tries to Justify His Purchase of a PS3 / Tries to Convince Others to Buy One.

Also the Playstation online network, while not as rich as XBOX Live
That's quite the fucking understatement.

beacuse by that time, PS3 and Wii, will have some firepower of their own (most likely)
You keep your hopes up. One day it'll all be worth it.

IF you meant PS3 - they are NOT a lot either - for what you get.
It doesn't matter what you get if you don't want it. I can sell you $50 worth of human hair for $1. So fucking what? It can play BluRay? Awesome, that'll be a neat feature when BluRay becomes obsolete as every other Sony proprietary format has.

The PSP and PS3 prices for xmas is crazy good. Wow!
I'm sold!
Wait...no I'm not!

looks like Dual Shock controllers are coming back as a option for the PS3
Looks like? Let me break out the wallet right now for what the future may or may not hold.

GTA4 will most likely be identical out of the box - additional online content however will most likely differ.
I like how, when something MIGHT happen for the PS3, or a game is SUPPOSED to be really great WHEN it comes out, you're pissing yourself in excitement. But when something is CONFIRMED by the developer - yes, Take Two has repeatedly said that the 360 is getting EXCLUSIVE episodic content for GTAIV - it's "most likely".

The PS3 - on paper - is way more powerful.
Explain that. In detail. Seriously.
Don't just say "because it has the Cell processor", because that doesn't mean anything, not even on paper. The PS3 and the 360 both have multiple core processors and very different ways of handling memory. Higher numbers don't mean more power. Tell me why the PS3 is more powerful.

...if i'd have to guess I'd say Blu Ray - purely on higher profile titles (esp Disney) and the amount stores like Best Buy and Circuit City have decided to carry, and dedicate shelf space to.

Both currently dedicate more racks and space to Blu Ray.
Shelf allocation differs by city. HD-DVD players have been as low as $99.
Walmart isn't going to carry BluRay hardware this Christmas.
Are you sure BluRay has "higher profile" titles? Is that why the #1 selling HD title is Transformers on HD-DVD?

Bigger issue might be gaming in general and the size contraints HD-DVD has. A Game like Heavenly Sword could not be done on HD-DVD, purely on space.
What "size constraints" are you referring to? BluRay is current certified at double layer, 50GB discs, HD-DVD just certified triple layer, 51GB discs.
Heavenly Sword is 25GB of data, over 10GB of that is uncompressed audio in multiple languages. All BluRay has done for gaming at this point is make developers too lazy to use compression.

...same could be said for the really good exclusives for 360 though (Gears, Halos, Bioshock, PGR)... after those, you have a bigger library, that comes an equal amount of crap.
Go check metacritic.com right now and compare scores between libraries.

..then you'll have Killzone 2 - which might be the killer game of next year.
Yes, and some game for the 360 coming out sometime in the future MIGHT include a real Baby Jesus in the packaging. What you're saying means absolutely nothing.

Here's your reason to pick up a PS3 this holiday - check it:
STOP TRYING TO SELL PS3'S YOU ASSHOLE.

Yeah, KIllzone 2 will be the one game that everyone from every system is going to drool over, graphics with no equal...I've heard it's slated for Holiday of next year.

The PS3 graphics engine is being pushed for the first time just on the enviro-physics in this thing, truely unbelievable.
Again with the magic crystal ball.
Wait, one more time...

truely unbelievable.
Yes, that game you've never even played and have so far only seen YouTube videos for and word of mouth is TRUELY UNBELIEVABLE.
You eat hype don't you?

Steez
11-15-2007, 10:31 AM
call of duty sucked for campaign but was amazing for live

oh, and ps3 fucked up big time with rumble, sixaxis is a joke, and now the are replacing that dumb shit

types of people that think ps3 is the best console out right now
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/25LceCPO1ys&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/25LceCPO1ys&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 10:33 AM
based on my experiance, 360 is much better, better prices if you're not using it to download a bunch of movies, playstation has potential but right now they arent doing jack to show it, besides on maybe a couple games that are out

when i worked at gamestop we always had people trading in ps3s for a 360 or wii, the wii also sucks balls, just a gimmick. when i worked at gamestop we'd have more traded in ps3s then we could keep in the locker. and from what the ex co-workers tell me, its the same story. we had one guy that bought a ps3 3 times, trying his hardest to hold on to it, but always bringing it back.

sony is trying to wow people with features, in terms of gaming not gimmicks such as blue ray players, or other stuff, 360 kills the ps3. even a year after the ps3 came out its still not worth picking up.

when digg comes back online you can see the sony review on mario

cool cool - I get it. But...

Blu Ray is NOT a gimmick, not in the least.

If we use the 360 model and timeline, we got to give PS3 another 6 months at least. It already is much better in the price department, there is no arguing the overall hardware value.

Look at Japan, where the PS3 outsells the 360, 4 to 1, even with Halo 3. Japan has had a little more time with it. No denying Sony has really screwed up the US launch. But, good games are finally starting to show up, about when they did for the 360... gamers are notoriusly short attentioned and if they remember 360's launch wasn't all roses.

A firend of mine played Galaxy at lunch the other day - hated it - to each his own.

Steez
11-15-2007, 10:36 AM
thank god for adamnikyo

also, it was already stated that no ps3 games will utilize the entire amount of the blue ray disk, whatever can be done on a blue ray for the ps3 could fit on a dual layer for 360

Steez
11-15-2007, 10:38 AM
cool cool - I get it. But... Blu Ray is NOT a gimmick, not in the least.

If we use the 360 model and timeline, we got to give PS3 another 6 months at least. It already is much better in the price department, there is no arguing the overall hardware value.

Look at Japan, where the PS3 outsells the 360, 4 to 1, even with Halo 3. Japan has had a little more time with it. No denying Sony has really screwed up the US launch. But, good games are finally starting to show up, about when they did for the 360... gamers are notoriusly short attentioned and if they remember 360's launch wasn't all roses.

yeah, but it didnt take a year for the 360 to get games, motorstorm is a joke, all i could see worth buying that are ps3 exclusives right now are ratchet and clank, and whatever other bullshit is coming out tomorrow

and i will guarantee you mgs4 wont stay an exclusive for its entirety

and blue ray is over priced considering its not even that much different than hd

Steez
11-15-2007, 10:44 AM
and here is the mario review

http://nsidernews.com/sony-sponsored-mario-galaxy-review-is-the-worse-experience/

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey, you know how when someone asks a blind person what it's like to not see - like, is it all white, or is it all black - they can't tell you, because they don't even know the difference between black and white, having always been blind?
When you're a fucking retard, like yourself, can you use that excuse for not knowing anything?

I just want to quote you here to establish the theme of this entire little thread you've created, i.e., The Thread Where C DUB YA Desperately and Repeatedly Tries to Justify His Purchase of a PS3 / Tries to Convince Others to Buy One.

First off...

why in the hell are you calling me a fucking retard over a gaming thread? Lighten up my friend. This is just a thread for gaming. If anyone is sounding like they need to justify anything, it's you. Made abundantly clear by your high school flavored anger issues.

I don't need to justify any purchase, maybe my new car - that one is still going over like a lead balloon with the wife, but not any damn gaming system. I just like talking games, that's all.

I own all 3 systems, I have more software for my 360, more 360 controllers, I have Xbox Live, and upgraded to a 360 Elite - if I'm financial invested in anyone it's Microsoft. If this thread bashed the 360 - I'd be thje first to speak up. I love my 360, love it. I love my PS3, and Wii is fun too, I'm just trying to point out there's room for all 3 in this so called hardware war going on.

Oh yeah - you are an assface

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
and here is the mario review

http://nsidernews.com/sony-sponsored-mario-galaxy-review-is-the-worse-experience/

thanks...

hmm that is posted on a Nintendo site. I don't think Variety has control over ad banners that conincide with articles, I just don't know. It might have been Applebees if someone refreshed the page. I don't think Sony directly sponsered that guy to write the review is all.

Same thing happens when a pub like... Entertainment Weekly bashes a movie by a Studio and said studio has ad space near or on the page of the review, happens all the time.

The guy just doesn't like Mario games, plain and simple, he's dumb to that point, but I agree with him about Zelda.

The Wii bashing is completley unwarranted though - because Nintendo has always said - their machine isn't about graphics.

Steez
11-15-2007, 10:53 AM
the point is you are putting the ps3 up on a pedastol trying to make it some big pussaliya. and as everyone knows 360>wiis3

the wii shouldnt even be allowed in this thread, biggest waste of money, its just a gimmick thats only catching on cause its different, and because of that different people are buying it

ill admit i had fun with mine playing wii sports with friends, but after a while it was just boring

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
the point is you are putting the ps3 up on a pedastol trying to make it some big pussaliya. and as everyone knows 360>wiis3

the wii shouldnt even be allowed in this thread, biggest waste of money, its just a gimmick thats only catching on cause its different, and because of that different people are buying it

ill admit i had fun with mine playing wii sports with friends, but after a while it was just boring

No - they're all up on pedistals in my book. The 360 pedastal is the tallest.

I am defending what people are quick to bash. I'm also asking why not all 3? Why can't all 3 systems be really great?

Again timing is maybe tilting my enthusiasm for PS3, I seriously am quite excited about Uncharted: Drake Fortune - if it was on 360, I'd be EQUALLY excited. Plus I've been playinng alot of Ratchet and Clank, even more so than Halo 3 recently.

I went on and on for days about BIOSHOCK, it's still my fave of the year by the way, way better than anything on PS3 or Wii - how do you like that statement?

Steez
11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
thats a bit better, i was gonna try drakes fortune over the summer at comiccon but kids were hogging that shit

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah I was in the same situation - no hands on for me - but everyone that did - freakin loved it, so this weekend stands to be my first test drive - that's exciting.

Steez
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
i recently sold my 360 cause i was broke, and it was mid summer when i was making a lot of money, so i planned on buying one right before halo 3, but i got in debt so i couldnt

so im gonna buy a broken one off ebay and take it to my friend at gamestop, have him switch it out with a new one and send back the defective cause its free for them

another guy i knew worked at fedex and would always steal stuff, he had 4 ps3s before they came out, but he had to give 2 to another guy at his work who helped him take em, had to give another to a guy who played look out, and sold the last one for like 450 cause the guy is an idiot, we were shitting balls though when he first got them

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Wii will be the "hot" item again for ebayers to rape the unknowing

Steez
11-15-2007, 11:26 AM
yeah i was thinking that, ive been checking ebay lately, if it happens im gonna have the guy at gamestop hold one for me so i can sell it. man, i had the best hook up there, got my friends cousin a new psp when his screen was cracked

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 11:28 AM
i got galaxy. i played till 20 stars last night. insanely amazing game. the most novel gaming experience I have ever had.

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Galaxy is super duper fun

Steez
11-15-2007, 11:40 AM
im gonna sell a wii for sure now, i watched a regular with nothing extra just sell for 365, plus like 35 dollar shipping

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM
it's gonna get crazy... again.

sonofhal
11-15-2007, 12:09 PM
im gonna sell a wii for sure now, i watched a regular with nothing extra just sell for 365, plus like 35 dollar shipping

Scalping Hardware. Classy.

Steez
11-15-2007, 12:10 PM
its not that big a profit, i wouldnt even put in the effort if i wasnt in so much debt

Wheres the beef?
11-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Why is it that nobody has mentioned the ring of death? My friend has gone through 2 xbox 360's in 6 months because of the red ring of death. Nobody mentions the fact that your 360 could crash and burn at any moment and you will be left with nothing until it gets repaired (4-6 weeks).

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
its not that big a profit, i wouldnt even put in the effort if i wasnt in so much debt

there are other ways to get out of debt

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Why is it that nobody has mentioned the ring of death? My friend has gone through 2 xbox 360's in 6 months because of the red ring of death. Nobody mentions the fact that your 360 could crash and burn at any moment and you will be left with nothing until it gets repaired (4-6 weeks).

I don't dare mention it, cuz adamnikyo might call me a fucking retard again...

you're right though, new systems have supposedly fixed the problem, but I also know there have been adjustments to MS warranty since then as well.

Steez
11-15-2007, 12:50 PM

i had mine for almost a year and nothing happened

Deviate_420
11-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I just bought a Wii last saturday and I am in love with it. Its such a cool party device.

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Galaxy is super duper fun

I honestly like that you just said "super duper fun." And I'm not even being a smartass.

bballarl
11-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Greg, its time to change the avatar.

chrislasf
11-15-2007, 01:15 PM
to something more like this?

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Greg, its time to change the avatar.

I like my avatar.

So blow me.

luckyface
11-15-2007, 02:05 PM
to something more like this?

Best avatar ever. Hahahha!

Yablonowitz has the #2 best avatar.

canexplain
11-15-2007, 02:33 PM
so i am going home in a bit and i will try and rehook up my ps3 grrrrrr .... if it doesnt work, i am coming back here a whining ... canx**

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 03:12 PM
so i am going home in a bit and i will try and rehook up my ps3 grrrrrr .... if it doesnt work, i am coming back here a whining ... canx**

canx**, do you really play video games? Wow, you continue to elude me.

mistdevil
11-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Sega Dreamcast....

hell yeah!!!

mvc2

menikmati
11-15-2007, 04:02 PM
HD-DVD players for $99!!! So cool!!!111!!

Or not...

How in the world does Toshiba think it's ever going to make any money from the HD-DVD format? I mean, seriously.

You may have heard by now that Toshiba has made pre-Black Friday arrangements with Wal-Mart to effectively dump its HD-A2 HD-DVD player starting this Friday (this weekend only) for just $98.87. You may also have heard that Best Buy has followed suit. Supplies are limited, of course, and the offer is apparently not valid in some parts of the country that have state anti-dumping laws.

Wikipedia defines dumping as "the act of a manufacturer in one country exporting a product to another country at a price which is either below the price it charges in its home market or is below its costs of production." Toshiba's move isn't really anti-competitive, because there are no U.S. manufacturers making HD-DVD players. But it's that "below its costs of production" part that applies in this case. The HD-A2 arrived in the States with an original MSRP of $499.99. Now, Toshiba is letting it go for just $99. There's no way the player cost less than $100 to manufacturer. Just. No. Way.

You might wonder: How can Toshiba possibly have enough HD-A2s left to sell at just $99 at large, nationwide retailers? Simple. It's because they didn't sell originally, so plenty of stores still have them sitting on shelves, gathering dust. Toshiba is eager to clear them all out at this point, and Wal-Mart and Best Buy are happy to help.

Clearly, the HD-DVD camp understands that low price is really the only card they have left to play in this format war. Porn hasn't won the war for them as predicted, nor have online bells and whistles, or combo discs/players. The obvious question would be: Why in the world would any other hardware manufacturer want to join Toshiba's foolhardy strategy of driving player prices down to next to nothing? It's no accident that not a single other major manufacturer has released a stand-alone HD-DVD player (and no, the Venturer doesn't count). Given how dramatically Toshiba has slashed prices on HD-DVD players over the last year, you have to wonder how long they can keep losing money.

Forget for a moment that the HD-A2 isn't capable of delivering full 1080p video - that doesn't matter. Why? Because anyone who is so price sensitive that they wait until a high-def player price hits $99 to buy one isn't likely to have an HDTV set yet. Being super bargain shoppers, they aren't likely to want to pay $30 for an HD-DVD movie either. I'd bet many of the people who jump on this sale will either be using them primarily as upconverting DVD players, or they're already diehard HD-DVD supporters and are buying them as second players. For those regular consumers who take the bait, I wonder how they'll feel when they realize they can't play those big Disney titles in the "blu" boxes due next week.

menikmati
11-15-2007, 04:30 PM
and some of these arguments for HD-DVD are just plain stupid...first off, I love how the HD-DVD team (and yes I'm calling you a team cuz you all sound like a bunch of fanboys, which is what you accuse the blu-ray people of being) seem to hate on blu-ray strictly for the fact that it's main supporter and developer is Sony. Sure Sony has done wrong in the past, but to automatically assume that blu-ray will fail cuz it's sony and blah blah is pretty narrow minded and dumb thinking.

Second, I think you all forget that the playstation 2 was responsible somewhat for bringing DVD's to the masses and popularizing it (sure it was only a matter of time, but for Sony to release a machine that would play games and DVD movies - the first of its kind at that time) was pretty amazing and in retrospect, a GREAT move.

Also, where is all the support for HD-DVD? Where is the computer/tech company support for it? Where can I find HD-DVD burners, or blank HD-DVD discs? I can find blu-ray ones at my local target. Apple, Dell, Adobe and more have all pledged support for Blu-ray, that's pretty substantial. And now all of a sudden, since HD-DVD has a "3 layer" disc in development, all of a sudden disc space/storage/capacity is important...when only a few months back, the HD-DVD team were saying that 50gb Blu-Ray discs were no big deal, cuz no movie or game needed that much storage. Hypocritical if you ask me...

and Adam, HD-DVD is winning cuz Transformers was the top selling HD movie for that week???? Are you kidding me? Are you really gonna argue for that? That's nonsense. Let me see why the Transformers movie was the top selling HD movie.....oh, because IT WAS EXCLUSIVE TO HD-DVD. That's the only reason. If it were exclusive to Blu-Ray, it would be the other way around using your argument then. When Spiderman 3 or Ratatouille show up at the top of the HD charts next week, can I declare blu-ray the winner then (since using your logic, it doesn't matter that those films are exclusive to blu-ray)? Don't say no, because you were using that logic earlier.

and if you care, the top selling HD discs on amazon right now are in order:

Ratatouille (blu ray)
The fifth element (blu ray)
Casino Royale (blu ray)
Pirates 3 (blu ray)

with the support of the tech companies, disney, sony playstation 3 and more...no way is blu ray going to fail....accept the facts for once.

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
the fact that anyone thinks hddvd or bluray will ever matter is great evidence that so many people are looking at their own feet.

physical formats will not succeed in even the immediate future. to think otherwise is naivete.

theburiedlife
11-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Seriously, someone stop me. I'm in the second prestige mode :(. Call of Duty IV is going to ruin my life.

Wheres the beef?
11-15-2007, 05:25 PM
the fact that anyone thinks hddvd or bluray will ever matter is great evidence that so many people are looking at their own feet.

physical formats will not succeed in even the immediate future. to think otherwise is naivete.

I highly doubt that. Especially in the USA when such a large percentage of the population still measures their bit rate in bps.

Broadcast media will eventually be replaced by the internet and downloadable content. But to think that physical content will be replaced in the immediate future is foolish. The infrastructure requirements are woefully lacking.

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 05:34 PM
I highly doubt that. Especially in the USA when such a large percentage of the population still measures their bit rate in bps.

Broadcast media will eventually be replaced by the internet and downloadable content. But to think that physical content will be replaced in the immediate future is foolish. The infrastructure requirements are woefully lacking.

Even my parents and my friends parents are watching all their movies via digital cable or downloadable content. The only real exception to this I see relevant is Netflix, and even they are pointing directly towards online content.

The infrastructure requirements will easily be settled by the economic demands. People won't be willing to pay for hddvd or bluray the minute these alternatives pop up (and they already are). It doesn't make sense to purchase hardware and physical objects like that anymore.

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
People will always want physical objects - sorry.

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 05:54 PM

why? The nature of tactility is changing. I think it's naive to think that ownership is always going to be implied by physicality.

I have no problem owning my albums (and their artwork) in digital formats. And I have a HUGE vinyl and CD collection that I have stopped adding to for the most part. Of course there will always be special physical objects worth owning, but I certainly don't think that music or movies will stay in that category for very long.

menikmati
11-15-2007, 05:59 PM
well when the infrastructure is there, and every family has a top of the line PC for their main entertainment hooked up to a nice LCD tv, and the terabytes are a dime a dozen, then yeah....no need for discs at that point.

Wheres the beef?
11-15-2007, 06:05 PM

QFT

shakermaker113
11-15-2007, 06:32 PM

our generation will always want physical objects. our kids won't.

electronic media doesn't have as strict limitations on size either. movies could be even higher definition if it weren't for the capacity limits on the discs.

as for the hd-dvd vs blu-ray war, didn't the porn industry decide to go with blu-ray?

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 06:43 PM
yes but unlike the earlier format war (VHS or Betamax) when Porn chose VHS - that was it, people and business owners were forced to buy VHS - nowadays most porn (up to 75%) is downloaded from the web.

The Blu Ray win in the porn arena isn't as big this time round.

hawkingvsreeve
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
Porn in 1080p.

See each individual ball hair as it slaps the ass of coked out bleached blonde bitches.

rage patton
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
Porn in 1080p.

See each individual ball hair as it slaps the ass of coked out bleached blonde bitches.

Damn. I really wanna quote that... but I have grown quite attatched to mine.

Quick. Someone else quote it before I change my mind!

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 08:13 PM
and some of these arguments for HD-DVD are just plain stupid...first off, I love how the HD-DVD team (and yes I'm calling you a team cuz you all sound like a bunch of fanboys, which is what you accuse the blu-ray people of being) seem to hate on blu-ray strictly for the fact that it's main supporter and developer is Sony. Sure Sony has done wrong in the past, but to automatically assume that blu-ray will fail cuz it's sony and blah blah is pretty narrow minded and dumb thinking.

Second, I think you all forget that the playstation 2 was responsible somewhat for bringing DVD's to the masses and popularizing it (sure it was only a matter of time, but for Sony to release a machine that would play games and DVD movies - the first of its kind at that time) was pretty amazing and in retrospect, a GREAT move.

Also, where is all the support for HD-DVD? Where is the computer/tech company support for it? Where can I find HD-DVD burners, or blank HD-DVD discs? I can find blu-ray ones at my local target. Apple, Dell, Adobe and more have all pledged support for Blu-ray, that's pretty substantial. And now all of a sudden, since HD-DVD has a "3 layer" disc in development, all of a sudden disc space/storage/capacity is important...when only a few months back, the HD-DVD team were saying that 50gb Blu-Ray discs were no big deal, cuz no movie or game needed that much storage. Hypocritical if you ask me...

and Adam, HD-DVD is winning cuz Transformers was the top selling HD movie for that week???? Are you kidding me? Are you really gonna argue for that? That's nonsense. Let me see why the Transformers movie was the top selling HD movie.....oh, because IT WAS EXCLUSIVE TO HD-DVD. That's the only reason. If it were exclusive to Blu-Ray, it would be the other way around using your argument then. When Spiderman 3 or Ratatouille show up at the top of the HD charts next week, can I declare blu-ray the winner then (since using your logic, it doesn't matter that those films are exclusive to blu-ray)? Don't say no, because you were using that logic earlier.

Ratatouille (blu ray)
Casino Royale (blu ray)
Pirates 3 (blu ray)

with the support of the tech companies, disney, sony playstation 3 and more...no way is blu ray going to fail....accept the facts for once.

I kind of want to be the Don King of the upcoming newly recharged Menik vs Nikyo fights. How do I do that?

rage patton
11-15-2007, 08:24 PM

I think this is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

Nintendo bring something completely new and original to the gaming world... yet you criticize them for being inovative and original and call it a gimick?
And people sure as hell are buying Wiis because its different! And why is that a bad thing exactly? Nintendo felt the gaming world was getting stale, and it was time to bring something fun and new to the table. A system everyone can enjoy. Not just hardcore gamers.
I bet you are one of those people who be praising Microsoft if the came out with the idea first. Then you would continue to mock Nintendo for being behind in the times.

garrett222
11-15-2007, 08:37 PM
i have a wii...i'll beat all of you at bowling.

Deviate_420
11-15-2007, 08:51 PM
I bought a Wii so I can build fore arm muscle so that I can jerk of faster, and harder..

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
How's that working for ya?

Deviate_420
11-15-2007, 09:02 PM
How's that working for ya?

It's great! I really wish though that fable would come out for the Wii.

C DUB YA
11-15-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm thinking about picking up the Mario Olympics thing - I plan on playing all the relatives over the holidays

comiddle
11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
They already have HD Porn.

Just, y'know, for the record...

SojuGorae
11-15-2007, 09:32 PM
"you remember when you used to jerk off to porn and right when you were about to pop a load they cut to a close-up of the dude's ass and you wanted to kill yourself"

-Name of the movie escapes me at the moment-

adamnikyo
11-15-2007, 11:28 PM

Ratatouille (blu ray)
Casino Royale (blu ray)
Pirates 3 (blu ray)

Erik. Relax.

I didn't call anyone a fanboy, so thanks. Also, I don't think BluRay will be unsuccessful just because it's Sony's format. I think it will eventually lose out to HD-DVD as an HD movie media because it's more expensive, mostly.

The PS2 did greatly help popularize DVD. The PS2 was also A LOT more popular than the PS3. The PS2 was also developed first and foremost as a video game platform, DVD playback was secondary. I think Sony took the success of the PS2 and decided to use their Playstation brand and use it to ensure the future of BluRay. I think Sony lost a lot of the focus of making another great gaming console with the PS3 because of this. They've sold ~4 million PS3's, but standalone HD-DVD players have outsold standalone BluRay players since the beginning. However, BluRay disc sales were recently double that of HD-DVD. This is being attributed to the number of PS3s out there. If the PS3 continues it's disappointing sales trend, what's going to happen when standalone HD-DVD players surpass it? What's going to happen this Christmas when HD-DVD players are $150 less expensive than BluRay? Do you not acknowledge the impact Walmart can have on something like this?

You're misreading into my comments on storage capacity. I didn't say triple layer HD-DVD was in development, I said it's certified, big difference. But nevermind that, I wasn't arguing for anything at that point, I was only pointing out the innaccuracies of what C DUB YA was saying, so you're thoughts are misguided.

And again, about Transformers' sales, you're confused. I was never making the argument that HD-DVD was winning because of it, actually I've never said HD-DVD is winning at all, I just think it will win in the end as the HD media format. Since you missed it, I was arguing against C DUB YA's claim that BluRay had the top titles. And to further clarify, I wasn't saying that Transformers HD-DVD is the best selling HD-DVD (it is), nor was it the best selling HD-DVD of that week (it was)- it's the best selling HD movie (HD-DVD or BluRay) ever. And still is. Neither Spiderman 3 nor Ratatouille sold or are selling more.

C DUB YA
11-16-2007, 07:36 AM
And again, about Transformers' sales, you're confused. I was never making the argument that HD-DVD was winning because of it, actually I've never said HD-DVD is winning at all, I just think it will win in the end as the HD media format. Since you missed it, I was arguing against C DUB YA's claim that BluRay had the top titles. And to further clarify, I wasn't saying that Transformers HD-DVD is the best selling HD-DVD (it is), nor was it the best selling HD-DVD of that week (it was)- it's the best selling HD movie (HD-DVD or BluRay) ever. And still is. Neither Spiderman 3 nor Ratatouille sold or are selling more.

Um, is that because of the film or because of the format???? Y0u also can't say Spiderman or Ratatouille are not selling more because they've had less time on the market. They prolly won't catch Transformers, but that is besides the point, if Transformers was exclusive to Blu ray, guess what - it still would've been the best selling HD title thus far. Not because it's on HD-DVD.

I said Blu Ray had top titles, yes. Of the current best selling DVD's (including Spidey transformers and Ratatouille), 7 of the 10 come in the Blu Ray format, 5 of the 10 are on HD-DVD.

All That I Am
11-16-2007, 08:03 AM
I remember how my friends dad would always tell us that people who bought VHS players were stupid because betamax was the future of the industry.

TomAz
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
my first VCR was a Beta.

canexplain
11-16-2007, 08:37 AM
my first VCR was a Beta.

same here and i have a blu ray lol .... guess i need a brain ... canx**

SojuGorae
11-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I started playing Assassin's Creed. Who knew killing over-zealous Christians would be so much fun!

TomAz
11-16-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.gearlog.com/images/toshiba%20helmet.bmp

SojuGorae
11-16-2007, 09:20 AM
25LceCPO1ys&feature

Chad Warden fo' prezident

adamnikyo
11-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Um, is that because of the film or because of the format???? Y0u also can't say Spiderman or Ratatouille are not selling more because they've had less time on the market. They prolly won't catch Transformers, but that is besides the point, if Transformers was exclusive to Blu ray, guess what - it still would've been the best selling HD title thus far. Not because it's on HD-DVD.

I just typed this really long response to this post, where-in I explained how you're obviously not comprehending the text that I'm making appear on your screen, but then this awesome message board logged me out as it always does every two minutes, and so the whole thing was lost. Fuck technology. Fuck BluRay and HD-DVD.
Who's coding this message board anyway?

Anyway, this is worth reading:

Customers aren't the only ones frustrated with the high-definition format wars—Sony CEO Howard Stringer is reaching the end of his rope as well. Blu-ray, which is backed by Sony, was doing well up until recently and winning the war based on merits, Stringer said at an event in New York. That is, up until movie studio Paramount decided to "change sides (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070820-paramount-adopts-hd-dvd-kicks-blu-ray-to-the-curb.html)" and go exclusively HD DVD in August. Things have apparently become more difficult since then, and the high-profile CEO is showing signs of wear.

"It's a difficult fight," Stringer was quoted (http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iSSf4xA77eWwRXXF8SovYH6kRhRAD8SPU1BG0) saying by the Associated Press, going so far as to describe the situation as a "stalemate." He candidly indicated that the war mostly came down to bragging rights over who was winning, and said that the two camps could have collaborated better in the past to develop one format. Stringer even said that he wished he could go back in time to make that possible—is that the smell of regret floating in the air?
Indeed, without some sort of compromise, it doesn't appear as if the battle will be over any time soon. The two sides have been going back and forth in the media as to who has been "winning" at any given time, with Sony taking a lead (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070115-8625.html) in overall player sales, but HD DVD winning out when it comes to standalone players (most of Blu-ray's players come as part of the PS3 console). The rest of the market has been forced to take sides in many cases too, with Blockbuster (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070618-blockbuster-puts-its-money-on-blu-ray.html) and Target (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070726-target-sides-with-blu-ray-for-holiday-season.html) giving points to the Blu-ray camp while HD DVD remains more popular among European movie studios (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070409-hd-dvd-takes-early-lead-in-european-market.html). The stream of news about little victories between the two is nearly endless—and "little" they are, as the market is still so small that just the changing of the wind can tip the scales in either direction.
Market research firm Forrester Research recently revised its stance (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070925-hd-dvd-and-blu-ray-deadlock-to-continue-into-2009-at-least.html) on the Blu-ray versus HD DVD deadlock, saying that it was sure to continue well into 2009, if not longer. As a consumer, that news is just plain dreadful, and for a manufacturer with hands in the game, probably even worse. A large majority of consumers are still hesitant to buy players for either format (http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070906-battle-between-blu-ray-and-hd-dvd-fizzles-as-consumers-watch-and-wait.html). And with customers not spending money, neither camp will come out on top. Stringer appears to have finally come to that realization—will Toshiba hear his cries and come a-knockin'? We'd love to be wrong on this one, but we just don't see it happening now. It's just too late.

C DUB YA
11-16-2007, 11:24 AM
I guess, in a way, we are both right then - except you're a dickhead.

Yablonowitz
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I guess, in a way, we are both right then - except you're a dickhead.

That was less than super duper.

Tylerdurden31
11-16-2007, 12:06 PM
I just played Rock Band at Best Buy today...I need a 360 or a PS3. I'm thinking a 360.

adamnikyo
11-16-2007, 12:41 PM
If you buy a 360 between Nov 21 and Dec 21. You can get Halo 3 for free, if you care.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.campSrc=RSS&WText.camp=Games

Tylerdurden31
11-16-2007, 12:57 PM
If you buy a 360 between Nov 21 and Dec 21. You can get Halo 3 for free, if you care.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/promotions/buyxboxgethalo.htm?WText.campSrc=RSS&WText.camp=Games

i might just do that...though i'll get destroyed

luckyface
11-16-2007, 01:13 PM
i might just do that...though i'll get destroyed

Totally do that. Halo is seriously the best online game ever devised. I get motion sickness from first person shooters and I have played Halo 2 for 8 hours straight before.

TheGuvna
11-16-2007, 02:56 PM
I currently have a HD DVD player, but I may have to purchase a Blu Ray player if the prices get lower this holiday season. However, I still refuse to purchase any HD titles that I already own on standard definition.

Some more fuel for the fire:

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadgethd.com/media/2007/11/nielsen111107.jpg

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadgethd.com/media/2007/11/nielsen_list_111107.jpg

theburiedlife
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Aj1hGarg8lk

The Georgian police look like the Combine from HL-2

Wheres the beef?
11-17-2007, 10:19 AM
They already have HD Porn.

Just, y'know, for the record...
http://www.thenudeboard.com/images/smilies/beatoff.gif

rage patton
11-17-2007, 06:00 PM
So I played Super Mario Galaxy... wowowowowowowowowowoowowow.

I was expecting it to be fun, but after the let down known as Super Mario Sunshine, I wasn't expecting much. Even though the reviews said it was amazing. I was blown away. The controls are flawless and easy to get used to. As is the gravity changes and camera angles. I got to the second observatory, but I had to take it back. If I didn't there is NO WAY I would have finished my paper due Monday. I guess I will just have to wait until Christmas. My only complaint, so far, its sooooooo easy. As I said, I only got to the second terrace, but I hope it gets more challenging. If not, oh well. The 9.8/10 it got is well deserved.

menikmati
11-17-2007, 06:04 PM
im inching closer to buying a ps3

thefunkylama
11-17-2007, 06:35 PM
i have a wii. It's named Spot.

C DUB YA
11-18-2007, 10:42 AM
I've spent about 2 hours with Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3.

(I've been in Ann Arbor for the game)

Its pretty good - A little slow to start, but if you like the whole Indiana Jones / Tomb Raider thing - this is right up your alley - controlls are fluid and the cutaways and voice acting is superb.

Is it THE game for the PS3? Prolly not, it is worth owning though.

menikmati
11-18-2007, 10:45 AM
its all about Gran Turismo 5 (when it finally comes out). The "prologue" will be dope though.

shakermaker113
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
I got to the second observatory, but I had to take it back. If I didn't there is NO WAY I would have finished my paper due Monday.

wow.

I hope it gets more challenging.

haha,, like the first mario bros? when, if you actually made it to the end, they sent you back to the beginning to do it all again in super-hard mode?

rage patton
11-18-2007, 01:48 PM
wow.

haha,, like the first mario bros? when, if you actually made it to the end, they sent you back to the beginning to do it all again in super-hard mode?

Yeah, it is that addicting.

I would be pissed if that was the case haha. No, I mean I hope each level gets progressively harder.

Alchemy
11-18-2007, 02:11 PM
I love my PS3. I just bought the blu-ray Close Encounters of the Third Kind Collector's Edition. Woo!

I have Warhawk on that beast and it never gets boring. People keep hating on the PS3, but there is a lot of good stuff coming out for it. It sucks that everything keeps getting delayed, but I'm excited for next year. With things like GTA4 (granted it will be more fun on the 360), LittleBigPlanet (which will dominate everything), The Agency, Unreal Tournament (which will also hit 360, but not till a while later) and even Home; it looks fun, and it's free. That Afrika thing looks interesting too... Whatever it is... I'm not saying PS3 is better than 360, or 360 is better than PS3. I'm just saying I really enjoy my PS3, and its going to get a whole lot more enjoyable next year.

wmgaretjax
11-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I beat mario galaxy with 105 stars. fuck those purple coin stars, I couldn't care less.

fun game. now I'm gonna read a book.

cansei de ser sexme
11-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Gears of War is the best game ever made.

Wheres the beef?
11-18-2007, 03:57 PM
I got in an argument with my girlfriend today about what I want for christmas. She was claiming she may or may not have gotten me a Wii. I dont know if I really want it.

vinylmartyr
11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/uhm-i-distract-the-orc-with-my-3-cheeseburger.jpg

Wheres the beef?
11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/ded.jpg

C DUB YA
11-18-2007, 04:28 PM
I love my PS3. I just bought the blu-ray Close Encounters of the Third Kind Collector's Edition. Woo!

I have Warhawk on that beast and it never gets boring. People keep hating on the PS3, but there is a lot of good stuff coming out for it. It sucks that everything keeps getting delayed, but I'm excited for next year. With things like GTA4 (granted it will be more fun on the 360), LittleBigPlanet (which will dominate everything), The Agency, Unreal Tournament (which will also hit 360, but not till a while later) and even Home; it looks fun, and it's free. That Afrika thing looks interesting too... Whatever it is... I'm not saying PS3 is better than 360, or 360 is better than PS3. I'm just saying I really enjoy my PS3, and its going to get a whole lot more enjoyable next year.

I bought Close Encounters on Blu Ray as well - very awesome!

I keep forgetting about Little Big Planet. An original exclusive title ala Parappa, that will definitely rule everyone and their sparetime from what I've seen and read.

You are right on. That's why I hate the PS3 bashing, most of it comes from fanboys, or people who simply don't own one. I too enjoy my PS3, do I enjoy it as much as the 360?... maybe, maybe not, it just depends. After all, my fave game is 360's Bioshock, but Ratchet and Clank for the PS3 is right behind it. Halo 3 is fun, but way over-rated, esp as a campaign. Mario Galaxy is fantastic fun, worth tracking down a Wii... just barely. Heavenly Sword and Uncharted (just started it) are a little over-hyped, from what I can tell you, but so far, so good.

If you look at the next year or so, there are definitely more reasons to be excited about owning PS3 than either the Wii or 360. Sony has fumbled the launch of their system badly, but, finally, the exclusives (that are good) are going to start to trickle in. Nintendo and MS have their share, but just not as many when you look forward in 2008/09. When 360 gets Gears of War 2... look out, yowza that thing will rule. Oh yeah, Killzone 2 and God of War 3 on PS3 - holy crap Batman! It's good to be a gamer in 08.

Going to get back to Drake and his fortune now.

C DUB YA
11-18-2007, 05:05 PM
I just played Rock Band at Best Buy today...I need a 360 or a PS3. I'm thinking a 360.

You'll win with either of those systems. The only thing I will say is this:

1. If you want to watch High Def movies at all, then get the get a PS3
2. If you like Japan-flavored role playing games, then get a PS3
3. If you love the Metal Gear series - get a PS3
4. If you lean more to online play for shooters - get a 360
5. If you want a bigger library right out of the gate, - get a 360
6. If Halo is something you love - obviously get a 360
7. If you like Mario and sku toward younger themed games - get a Wii
8. If you want to act like you are getting exercise while playing - get a Wii
9. If you want to play your mom in something - get a Wii

menikmati
11-18-2007, 05:11 PM
10. If you want a really comfortable controller - get a PS3
11. If you want the best, most in depth, and realistic racer - get a PS3

rage patton
11-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I got in an argument with my girlfriend today about what I want for christmas. She was claiming she may or may not have gotten me a Wii. I dont know if I really want it.

Dude... get a Wii. It is so much fun. After you play Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy, there is no way you wont like it. Not to mention other fun games such as Wario Ware, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Metroid and the plethora of other games out.
Also, Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out Febuary 10th. Be ready.

Wheres the beef?
11-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Dude... get a Wii. It is so much fun. After you play Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy, there is no way you wont like it. Not to mention other fun games such as Wario Ware, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Metroid and the plethora of other games out.
Also, Super Smash Bros Brawl comes out Febuary 10th. Be ready.

I know. Super stoked about SSBB. But I think that PS3 is going to have more games I like such as GTA4, Tiger Woods, and what not.

dorkfish
11-18-2007, 06:52 PM
10. If you want a really comfortable controller - get a PS3
11. If you want the best, most in depth, and realistic racer - get a PS3
i find the 360 controller way more comfortable than that Bat-arang.

Alchemy
11-18-2007, 07:29 PM
C DUB YA, have you heard any word on when LittleBigPlanet's demo comes out on the Playstation Network? I think it is supposed to come out very soon.

Add me to your friends. I go by as MojaveTent. I am very proud of that name.

C DUB YA
11-18-2007, 07:32 PM
I have not heard about the demo. G4 previewed it the other night and basically said it's awesome, over and over and over.

adamnikyo
11-18-2007, 08:43 PM
Assassin's Creed side-by-side (360/PS3) comparison:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html

C DUB YA
11-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Not that I care - because I actually have Assassins on 360, but... this is from that post at gametrailers...

EDIT : Reposting this and adding one more comment right here to give you an idea these guys are biased. Also check the part in the video near the end where they zoom in on Altair's master's eyes. The master guy has a blind bum eye. It's just greyed out BY DESIGN. Well GT makes it so the greyed out eye is on the PS3 side and then zooms all the way in on his eyes for a 300% zoom comparison. And of course noobs will look at it and say hey look, in the PS3 version, the dude has no textures on his eyes. Look at this thread. Some have said it already. So this whole video is basically just bullshit made by some biased xbox fanboy. Go to other sites to get less biased side by side comparisons without jacked up contrast.

PROOF GAMETRAILERS.COM is ADJUSTING CONTRAST ON PS3:

Alright xbots you can just STFU up now. Because here it is. See it with your own eyes if you dare. Proof GT has been tweaking contrasts.

TRY THIS SIMPLE TEST AT HOME BOYS AND GIRLS:

1. Open two browser windows or tabs with the following links :

a. www.gametrailers.com/player/27913.html
b. www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html

The first link is labeled "PS3 Stealth Action Gameply HD" bottom is for this thread labeled "PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison" Now pause each video on the frame on the tower shot where Altair is about to make his jump. Now either click quickly between two tabs or click between the two browser windows.

What will you see?

THAT GAMETRAILERS IS USING TWO DIFFERENT CONTRAST LEVELS FOR THE SAME SHOT THEY CLAIM IS COMING FROM THE PS3! For another example pause each video on the part where Altair has jumped into the hay. The best shot to show they gimped the PS3 contrast settings is where you see the hay from the side and the mountains in the background. It is about 75% of the way in on the first video and a bit over 1 third in on the second. Click back and forth between the windows and voila, the PS3 HAS TWO DIFFERENT CONTRAST SETTINGS FOR THE SAME EXACT SHOT. One being quite a few shades darker!

Wheres the beef?
11-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Not that I care - because I actually have Assassins on 360, but... this is from that post at gametrailers...

EDIT : Reposting this and adding one more comment right here to give you an idea these guys are biased. Also check the part in the video near the end where they zoom in on Altair's master's eyes. The master guy has a blind bum eye. It's just greyed out BY DESIGN. Well GT makes it so the greyed out eye is on the PS3 side and then zooms all the way in on his eyes for a 300% zoom comparison. And of course noobs will look at it and say hey look, in the PS3 version, the dude has no textures on his eyes. Look at this thread. Some have said it already. So this whole video is basically just bullshit made by some biased xbox fanboy. Go to other sites to get less biased side by side comparisons without jacked up contrast.

PROOF GAMETRAILERS.COM is ADJUSTING CONTRAST ON PS3:

Alright xbots you can just STFU up now. Because here it is. See it with your own eyes if you dare. Proof GT has been tweaking contrasts.

TRY THIS SIMPLE TEST AT HOME BOYS AND GIRLS:

1. Open two browser windows or tabs with the following links :

a. www.gametrailers.com/player/27913.html
b. www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html

The first link is labeled "PS3 Stealth Action Gameply HD" bottom is for this thread labeled "PS3 vs Xbox 360 Comparison" Now pause each video on the frame on the tower shot where Altair is about to make his jump. Now either click quickly between two tabs or click between the two browser windows.

What will you see?

THAT GAMETRAILERS IS USING TWO DIFFERENT CONTRAST LEVELS FOR THE SAME SHOT THEY CLAIM IS COMING FROM THE PS3! For another example pause each video on the part where Altair has jumped into the hay. The best shot to show they gimped the PS3 contrast settings is where you see the hay from the side and the mountains in the background. It is about 75% of the way in on the first video and a bit over 1 third in on the second. Click back and forth between the windows and voila, the PS3 HAS TWO DIFFERENT CONTRAST SETTINGS FOR THE SAME EXACT SHOT. One being quite a few shades darker!

Who fucking cares about video games this much?

rage patton
11-18-2007, 09:57 PM
I know. Super stoked about SSBB. But I think that PS3 is going to have more games I like such as GTA4, Tiger Woods, and what not.

The only reason I would get a PS3 is Metal Gear Sold 4. Thats it. All my friends have 360's, so I can play GTA4 at their place.
The Wii is awesome. Have you played Twilight Princess? Also, when the Wiis gets its full online capbilities going... SSBB is going to destroy all!

Assassin's Creed side-by-side (360/PS3) comparison:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28005.html

I actually watched that the other day. 360 pwns.

C DUB YA
11-19-2007, 04:33 AM
I really don't think there's a big diff between the two Assassins... just adjust your TV contrast... seriously. Again I own it on 360, well, just cause.

I didn't like Twilight as much as everyone else. I actually sold it back.

SSBB will be THE title. Maybe even more so than Galaxy

comiddle
11-19-2007, 07:01 AM
I started Call of Duty 4 yesterday, just the campaign. Sweeeeet. I love it already.

rage patton
11-19-2007, 07:05 AM
SSBB will be THE title. Maybe even more so than Galaxy

I have no doubt SSBB will be THE Wii title. I am still very bummed they pushed the release date back until Febuary...

Tylerdurden31
11-19-2007, 07:22 AM
You'll win with either of those systems. The only thing I will say is this:

1. If you want to watch High Def movies at all, then get the get a PS3
2. If you like Japan-flavored role playing games, then get a PS3
3. If you love the Metal Gear series - get a PS3
4. If you lean more to online play for shooters - get a 360
5. If you want a bigger library right out of the gate, - get a 360
6. If Halo is something you love - obviously get a 360
7. If you like Mario and sku toward younger themed games - get a Wii
8. If you want to act like you are getting exercise while playing - get a Wii
9. If you want to play your mom in something - get a Wii

1. I don't have a high-def TV.
2. I'm bored with 50-70 hour long RPGs.
3. I bought MGS 3, played for about 5 hours and stopped.
4. I like FPS's when they're good (ie: Half-Life, Far Cry, Battlefield 2)
5. I like games
6. I'd probably get Halo 3 and get pwned for months
7. I have a Wii
8. I have a Wii
9. I have a Wii

adamnikyo
11-19-2007, 07:44 AM
I need this: http://arstechnica.com/reviews/games/rock-band-review.ars

SojuGorae
11-19-2007, 07:54 AM
I thought I was alone. I want to send out an e-fist pound to t-dogg.

I've casually played games since the Genesis days and I still manage to suck ass it.

I've stopped playing Halo 3 because I've been getting "pwned" way too much (although I do enjoy listening to the racists and internet tough guys talk trash... fucking hilarious).

And RPGs do suck. Just hours and hours of collecting fairy dust and fucked up potions.

J~$$$
11-19-2007, 08:10 AM
suicide missions on halo 3.

C DUB YA
11-19-2007, 08:23 AM
At this point, I've pretty much stopped playing Halo 3. I've grown very tired of all the online chatter and realize my skill level has peaked, since I don't put in the time it takes to get any better. The spare time some of these gamers MUST have is frightening. Oh well, there are plenty of other (better) things to play.

Speaking of which...

Call of Duty 4 is on my xmas want list - along with Guitar Hero 3... (not that it matters - but i think I have both listed for 360, maybe COD4 is for PS3 - it really doesn't matter)

I don't have enough geeky friends with spare time to do Rock Band - looks pretty cool though. By now, it's a given that Guitar Hero 3 is a fun time.

canexplain
11-19-2007, 09:49 AM
there are about 100 entries for rock band on ebay already ... low of 170 i think up to 250 .... i dont remember what pre order price is ... i also heard stores are told not to take any more pre orders because they will be in short supply for months .... maybe ill hook up my ps3 today lol .. canx**

C DUB YA
11-19-2007, 09:53 AM
The price is 179.99 for Rock band I believe.

Tylerdurden31
11-19-2007, 10:11 AM
The price is 179.99 for Rock band I believe.

C DUB YA
11-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Ah yes - thanks

shakermaker113
11-19-2007, 10:38 AM
alright. now I want a psp. I want to be able to play grand theft auto on the way to work.

has anyone here played the psp versions? how do they stand up to the ps2 versions?

Wheres the beef?
11-19-2007, 11:44 AM
Its kind of meh. I played liberty city stories and some of the most fundamental things were weakened. For example, aiming and shooting while running. In liberty city stories you had to stand still and aim. Weak.

Tylerdurden31
11-19-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm thinking I might eventually get a PS3 in a year or 2. The library right now just isn't impressive enough for my tastes

rage patton
11-19-2007, 12:17 PM
And RPGs do suck. Just hours and hours of collecting fairy dust and fucked up potions.

Have you ever played Zelda?

Alchemy
11-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Have you ever played Zelda?

Zelda isn't really an RPG. It's action adventure. Link does the same damage with his sword all the time. If it varied due to something like skill points, then it would be a RPG. In this case, certain enemies take a fixed number of hits.

C DUB YA
11-20-2007, 11:55 AM
While I was at Best Buy today - I noticed a TON of people leaving with Rock Band in the carts.

rage patton
11-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Zelda isn't really an RPG. It's action adventure. Link does the same damage with his sword all the time. If it varied due to something like skill points, then it would be a RPG. In this case, certain enemies take a fixed number of hits.

True... I have just always thought of Zelda as an RPG. Now that you say that, I wonder why I have been classifying it as an RPG. Meh. Zelda is still awesome no matter what you classify it as.

corbo
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
I started Call of Duty 4 yesterday, just the campaign. Sweeeeet. I love it already.

i passed COD4 last week. holy S. what an experience. i love the cinematic feel to these new titles.

i started Assasins Creed. i think its awesome so far. The game crashed on me yesterday tho! WTF? thats some unnaceptable shit right there.

ficklecycle
11-20-2007, 12:18 PM
I have no doubt SSBB will be THE Wii title. I am still very bummed they pushed the release date back until Febuary...

I remember reading in one of my magazines a while ago it was supposed to be released June 1st this year.

:/

ficklecycle
11-20-2007, 12:19 PM
While I was at Best Buy today - I noticed a TON of people leaving with Rock Band in the carts.

I'm thinking of doing it.

rage patton
11-20-2007, 12:22 PM
I remember reading in one of my magazines a while ago it was supposed to be released June 1st this year.

:/

It was suposed to be a Wii launch game. Then got pushed back till, "sometime after the new year." Then was psuhed back till Summer. Then was pushed back until October. Then the release date was set for December 4!
... Then it got pushed back to Febuary 10th.

I dont care, it will be worth it!

ficklecycle
11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
I just recently got my Wii and for the while that I'm on Metroid and Mario, I'll make it to SSBB.

But man I really need a new Starfox game.

rage patton
11-20-2007, 03:56 PM
A starfax game on the Wii would be sweet.

Actually, they should just remake Starfox 64 for Wii. No Starfox game will ever top that...

Wheres the beef?
11-20-2007, 07:32 PM
A starfax game on the Wii would be sweet.

We have a Starfax at work. It kicks ass.

rage patton
11-20-2007, 07:44 PM
I love the console games!!!

Wheres the beef?
11-20-2007, 07:47 PM
The Virtual Console is pretty sweet. But no goldeneye? Weak sos.

cansei de ser sexme
11-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Wii golf is the best golf game ever made.
GOW is not over rated.

rage patton
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
The Virtual Console is pretty sweet. But no goldeneye? Weak sos.

Its because fucking Rare is owned by Microsoft now. TERRIBLE choice on Rares part if you ask me.
Banjo-Kazooie is my favorite game of all time. So I was very upset when Rare left Nintendo. I think Rares games were much better suited for Nintendo rather than Microsoft. IMO

menikmati
11-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I agree.

Wheres the beef?
11-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Its because fucking Rare is owned by Microsoft now. TERRIBLE choice on Rares part if you ask me.
Banjo-Kazooie is my favorite game of all time. So I was very upset when Rare left Nintendo. I think Rares games were much better suited for Nintendo rather than Microsoft. IMO

There was a really sweet article about the late 80's-90's console wars on Digg recently. Part of the article talked about how Rare single handedly save Nintendo and the things they were doing at the time were so revolutionary that it blew everyones mind at Nintendo.

I think Tiger Woods on Wii is going to be the greatest game ever made.

shakermaker113
11-20-2007, 08:57 PM
There was a really sweet article about the late 80's-90's console wars on Digg recently. Part of the article talked about how Rare single handedly save Nintendo and the things they were doing at the time were so revolutionary that it blew everyones mind at Nintendo.

I think Tiger Woods on Wii is going to be the greatest game ever made.

yeah rare were the shit. and they were a really small team of people stuck in the middle of nowhere, if I remember correctly.

Wheres the beef?
11-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Heres that article on the early console wars. A really really good article imo.

http://advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=10238 part 1

http://advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=10303 Part 2

suprefan
11-20-2007, 09:12 PM
$80 Wii, $139 PS3 , $99 XBox 360 on sale thursday, so stoked.

menikmati
11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
Amazon? 1000 of each...good luck.

Wheres the beef?
11-20-2007, 09:44 PM

WTF?!

SojuGorae
11-20-2007, 10:04 PM

I'm going to be so fucking pissed if that's for real.

C DUB YA
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
they do something like that every year - but good luck gettin in.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=914590&#lightning

For those crazy peeps getting up early for Black Friday...

Best Buy has the 40 G Sony PS3, bundled with Spiderman 3 Blu Ray movie, NBA 08, Open Season Blu Ray movie, PLUS a mail in for 5 more Blu Ray movies... all for $399.99.

Target will have the Xbox 360 (Halo Edition only) for $339.99

Not bad.

ficklecycle
11-21-2007, 10:09 AM

You mean friday.

ficklecycle
11-21-2007, 10:09 AM

Ahh, Banjo-Kazooie... Good times.

Wheres the beef?
11-23-2007, 12:31 AM
They had Wii's onsale at Amazon tonight at midnight.....for about 10 minutes. I could have got one but didnt pull the trigger on it. I am too indecisive.

C DUB YA
11-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Nah - I really don' t think the Wii is the must buy everyone makes it out to be.

You are better off with one of the other two systems.

Tylerdurden31
11-24-2007, 07:50 AM
I just got a 360 yesterday...got the Pro bundle (w/ Forza 2/Ultimate Alliance) and a free extra controller for $349. Plus I bought Halo 3. And I just picked up Rock Band.

gamertag: SnareHanger

sonofhal
11-24-2007, 09:02 AM
My 360 Gamertag is christofic, if anyone wants to add me. I don't use the other 2 machines enough for my user details to matter.

Wheres the beef?
11-24-2007, 10:14 AM
Im going with the PS3. There seems to be a good amount of games that I could get into on the PS3. More so than 360.

Rap/rock Is Life
11-24-2007, 10:22 AM
me and my bros play halo all tha fuckin time

C DUB YA
11-24-2007, 09:16 PM
you win with either system this year.

C DUB YA
11-29-2007, 10:17 PM
Just finished Drake's Fortune - good times.

I am going to pick up Call of Duty 4 next me thinks....

Tylerdurden31
11-30-2007, 06:26 AM
I have 360 and Wii. I need a game like God of War or Tomb Raider...you know, your adventure/action/puzzle type of game.

GO!

wmgaretjax
02-15-2008, 10:47 AM
I beat Resident Evil 4 for the Wii and it was cool as hell.

I'm excited for Super Smash Brothers.

C DUB YA
02-15-2008, 10:51 AM
Yeah after Target and Blockbuster went Blu ray - plus the studio announcments a month ago - HD is on it's last leg.

Hey - anyone heard anything about Turok?

Blinken
02-15-2008, 11:15 AM
I have a 360, and i love it. I wanted a PS3 more at first because i really loved my PS2, but it has yet to grab me like the PS2 did. I didn't get an orginal XBox until Halo 2 and even then i didn't use it nearly as much, same for my gamecube. I want to get a wii so bad, i have a great time with my friends. I just think the 360 has more titles i want to play at the moment, plus gta4 will be better on the 360. I want the PS3 to succeed and i want a reason to get one but i haven't had one yet. :( Although MGS4 looks really good, but that would come out on the 360 a year later or so.

marooko
02-15-2008, 12:03 PM
??????

PSPs are what... (or will be) $139.99 for xmas? That's not that much for that hardware - not in the least.

IF you meant PS3 - they are NOT a lot either - for what you get. ($399) Hell, most Blu Ray players are at least that much by themselves.

Yeah, I meant PS3. I still think 500 for the 80GB is too much. I know you get a Blue ray player as well, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much for a game system. When it comes down to it I don't care if it makes coffee and is an alarm clock, it's main usage in my house is gonna be for gaming. I just can't do it yet. BUT!!, I'm close to it. My friend let me borrow his last week while he was out of town. Wow man, Rainbow 6 was a lot of fun.

sonofhal
02-15-2008, 01:02 PM
In March, it will be a year since the PS3 came out in the UK. It will also be a year since i switched mine on.

marooko
02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
??????

In March, it will be a year since the PS3 came out in the UK. It will also be a year since i switched mine on.

wanna sell it?

rage patton
02-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Brawl comes out in 22 days!

Wheres the beef?
02-16-2008, 02:21 PM
PS3 all the way.

wmgaretjax
02-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Brawl comes out in 22 days!

So excited.

comiddle
02-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Hey - anyone heard anything about Turok?

The demo was meh. I won't buy it.
Might rent it.

My fiancee bought me a PSP. Love it.
Also, bitches with a PS3 need to show the PSN love. comiddle on there too.

Mr.Nipples
02-16-2008, 08:14 PM
ut9oWWI0mWM&rel=1

rage patton
02-16-2008, 08:14 PM
So excited.

If I can get my internet working for my Wii... I challenge you.

blakely
02-16-2008, 08:46 PM
i personally like these....

http://www.medicalook.com/systems_images/Vagina.jpg

but if you cant get a hold of one i guess video games are a better idea....

Wheres the beef?
02-17-2008, 07:52 AM
i personally like these....

http://www.medicalook.com/systems_images/Vagina.jpg

but if you cant get a hold of one i guess video games are a better idea....

Sure, if pictures are your thing. Most of us strive for the real thing. But to each his own I guess.

All That I Am
02-17-2008, 01:35 PM
God I love them illustrated pubes.