PDA

View Full Version : Coachella Board Democratic Presidential Caucus

Pages : [1] 2 3

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 12:37 PM
You have two weeks to cast your vote. We'll decide the presidency before Jan. 1 2008.

Cpt. Funkaho
11-13-2007, 12:42 PM
You have two weeks to cast your vote. We'll decide the presidency before Jan. 1 2007.

Are we going back in time?

Also, this poll is conspicuously missing my candidate of choice, Stephen Colbert.

He might skew the numbers, though. That's fair, I suppose.

crazzz2007
11-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Are we going back in time?

Also, this poll is conspicuously missing my candidate of choice, Stephen Colbert.

He might skew the numbers, though. That's fair, I suppose.

Colbert is not a candidate.

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes! Barack! Maybe some of you aren't so stupid after all.

Courtney
11-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Maybe some of you aren't so stupid after all.

C'mon now. You were just complaining in the Coachella Microcommunity thread about how there is so much negativity around here. But the way that you're acting is no way to make friends.

PotVsKtl
11-13-2007, 02:12 PM
I'd love to see you explain why Obama is the smart choice.

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
C'mon now. You were just talking in the Coachella Community thread about how people around here aren't friendly. But the way that you're acting is no way to make friends.

On the contrary, I said most people here are cool. What you choose to take out of my post is your choice. I still love you though.

TomAz
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
C'mon now. You were just complaining in the Coachella Microcommunity thread about how there is so much negativity around here. But the way that you're acting is no way to make friends.

listen up ShyGuy. Courtney's like the friendliest, most pleasant person on here.

anyway I can't believe I'm the only person supporting Hillary.

luckyface
11-13-2007, 02:18 PM
I can - she is a total douche.

Courtney
11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
On the contrary, I said most people here are cool. What you choose to take out of my post is your choice. I still love you though.

You're right. You did say that most people are cool. I guess I was talking mostly about the part where you said that some people are negative.

And thank you Tom : )

wmgaretjax
11-13-2007, 02:20 PM
kucinich. i must seem like an asshole for saying that. Edwards in second.

I guess Barack is my realistic choice.

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 02:23 PM
listen up ShyGuy. Courtney's like the friendliest, most pleasant person on here.

anyway I can't believe I'm the only person supporting Hillary.

OK? Please point me in the direction where I said anything otherwise. Unless this is opposite day, where love means hate.

Do you always have a knee jerk reaction to my posts or do you just choose not to comprehend them?

TomAz
11-13-2007, 02:24 PM
I can - she is a total douche.

cite examples. be specific. back up your claims with facts. or at least anecdotes.

Hillary Clinton seems to me to be the one Dem candidate who is most likely to actually get things done once elected. She won't do anything crazy stupid, she won't invade any countries unless they deserve it, she'll work to form bipartisan consensus whenever possible. And she'll be organized and consistent and efficient, unlike her husband.

TomAz
11-13-2007, 02:26 PM
OK? Please point me in the direction where I said anything otherwise. Unless this is opposite day, where love means hate.

Do you always have a knee jerk reaction to my posts or do you just choose not to comprehend them?

you just implied that people who don't back your man Obama are stupid.

Courtney
11-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I haven't yet made up my mind in regards to the democratic candidates. There was a great article (http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/04/magazine/04obama-t.html) in the New York Times Magazine a couple weeks ago that made Barack Obama sound pretty appealing, but then I'm still quite little hesitant about him because of the way he was panned in Harpers. Clinton, Edwards, Richardson and Kucinich all have some good and some bad too. I honestly don't know enough about Joe Biden or Mike Gravel to make an educated decision.

I think I generally need to do more research.

canexplain
11-13-2007, 02:31 PM
as a realistic candidate i pick edwards, but i think hillary will for sure get the nomination ... any of the dem choices are better then any republican imo . canx**

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 02:36 PM
you just implied that people who don't back your man Obama are stupid.

Nice cover up. Your post had specifically addressed me re: Courtney.

I applaud you for playing the role of knight in shining armour here Tom, I really do, but when you call me out thinking that I specifically called out another forum member, and you are incorrect, you can just say sorry and move on. I don't hold cyber-grudges :winkiss

TomAz
11-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Nice cover up. Your post had specifically addressed me re: Courtney.

I applaud you for playing the role of knight in shining armour here Tom, I really do, but when you call me out thinking that I specifically called out another forum member, and you are incorrect, you can just say sorry and move on. I don't hold cyber-grudges :winkiss

You misunderstood my post, then.

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Rather noticeably too, I might add. What a fucking retard.

full on idle
11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
kucinich. i must seem like an asshole for saying that.

I'd say it's one of the only things I've ever read you say that doesn't make you sound like an asshole.

amyzzz
11-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I would like to vote for Kucinich, but he'd never get in, even if he won the primary. So I'm voting Kucinich here, and I'll probably vote for Edwards at the real primary.

I haven't really heard anything interesting about Obama except that he's black and kinda good-looking. If anyone wants to sway my vote, tell me-- why Obama?

full on idle
11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
He smokes cigarettes and wants to give Arizona to Mexico.

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 03:13 PM
I actually think Joe Biden is a pretty articulate and experienced guy. Plus he's the only one with a sense of humor. And a comb over.

I'm still undecided.

Tom - you feel comfortable with Hillary's electability? She voted for that Kyl-Lieberman bullshit. Pisses me off. I can't get behind her.

Dodd, Richardson, and Biden have the best foreign policy experience.

Kucinich is the one most aligned with my viewpoint, but a guy that believes in UFOs is probably going to have a problem in the general election. Also, I heard he was a pretty crappy mayor.

I don't even want to spend the time figuring out who Mike Gravel is.

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 03:16 PM
"Noticeably". Yeah, sure, Yablo. I make a post telling a forum member I love them, and then the next post is a post to me telling me to "listen up" because that forum member is one of the nicest people on here. OK?

Figures I would be having this discussion on a political thread. You seem like one who should run for office Yablo. I would vote for you just because you post on this forum. I digress...

OBAMA/BIDEN ticket for 08! It is a can't lose!

PotVsKtl
11-13-2007, 03:18 PM
6UEnzaNoEH8

full on idle
11-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Kucinich is the one most aligned with my viewpoint, but a guy that believes in UFOs is probably going to have a problem in the general election. Also, I heard he was a pretty crappy mayor.

1. Stop regurgitating Fox News sound bites about Kucinich and UFOs like that's the bulk of his platform. I mean, come on, believing that god's whispering instructions on how to rule the world in your ear is so much more reasonable.

2. Cleveland in the 1970s was a city in turmoil. He made some mistakes, but it was nearly 30 years ago that that happened. Perhaps it's time to focus more on what he's doing now then on the mistakes he made then.

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
1. Stop regurgitating Fox News sound bites about Kucinich and UFOs like that's the bulk of his platform. I mean, come on, believing that god's whispering instructions on how to rule the world in your ear is so much more reasonable.

2. Cleveland in the 1970s was a city in turmoil. He made some mistakes, but it was nearly 30 years ago that that happened. Perhaps it's time to focus more on what he's doing now then on the mistakes he made then.

HE's GOT FUNNY EARS AND HE'S SHORTER THAN MICKEY ROONEY!

TomAz
11-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Tom - you feel comfortable with Hillary's electability? She voted for that Kyl-Lieberman bullshit. Pisses me off. I can't get behind her.

Earlier in the campaign I was concerned about her electability. There is a minority of extremely vocal bigots who do not like her because of her gender. They see a woman in a leadership role and it makes their testicles quiver or something. (before anyone gets bent out of shape, I am not saying that everyone who supports someone other than Hillary is a bigot. I am specifically referring to the group that makes the lesbian jokes, etc., about her).

The more I've thought about it (and just listened to her talk) the more I've concluded that she's a reasonable, rational, level-headed woman with an organized leadership style. And I think that can come out over the course of a campaign. I suspect that many (most?) voters will be not reacting to soundbite campaign tactics so strongly this time, having learned from 2004. Maybe I'm overly optimistic there.

full on idle
11-13-2007, 03:22 PM
HE's GOT FUNNY EARS AND HE'S SHORTER THAN MICKEY ROONEY!
Your mom is shorter than Mickey Rooney.

Face.

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Your mom is shorter than Mickey Rooney.

Face.

My mom is staying at my house so now I can't open this thread at home.

Thanks.

full on idle
11-13-2007, 03:25 PM
NSFM

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 03:26 PM
NSFM

Word.

theburiedlife
11-13-2007, 03:31 PM
cite examples. be specific. back up your claims with facts. or at least anecdotes.

Hillary Clinton seems to me to be the one Dem candidate who is most likely to actually get things done once elected. She won't do anything crazy stupid, she won't invade any countries unless they deserve it, she'll work to form bipartisan consensus whenever possible. And she'll be organized and consistent and efficient, unlike her husband.

She's the candidate Republicans want to run against.

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
She's the candidate Republicans want to run against.

I think they'd prefer to run against Dodd. Who the fuck is Dodd? DODD DODD. I'm voting for DODD! DODD DODD DODD! DODD IS NO CLOD! YES, DODD DODD DODD!!!

wmgaretjax
11-13-2007, 03:47 PM
I'd say it's one of the only things I've ever read you say that doesn't make you sound like an asshole.

i get this warm fuzzy feeling whenever you post anything to me.

I think this is the fuzziest I've felt in years. love??? perhaps....

PotVsKtl
11-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I think they'd prefer to run against Dodd. Who the fuck is Dodd? DODD DODD. I'm voting for DODD! DODD DODD DODD! DODD IS NO CLOD! YES, DODD DODD DODD!!!

Dodd was the only one with the sac to threaten a fillibuster of the FISA bill if it offered retroactive immunity to telcos.

schoolofruckus
11-13-2007, 04:15 PM
Earlier in the campaign I was concerned about her electability. There is a minority of extremely vocal bigots who do not like her because of her gender. They see a woman in a leadership role and it makes their testicles quiver or something. (before anyone gets bent out of shape, I am not saying that everyone who supports someone other than Hillary is a bigot. I am specifically referring to the group that makes the lesbian jokes, etc., about her).

The more I've thought about it (and just listened to her talk) the more I've concluded that she's a reasonable, rational, level-headed woman with an organized leadership style. And I think that can come out over the course of a campaign. I suspect that many (most?) voters will be not reacting to soundbite campaign tactics so strongly this time, having learned from 2004. Maybe I'm overly optimistic there.

If it hasn't happened over 8 years of First Ladyhood during a popular Presidential term (in which she should have gained an unbelievable amount of public sympathy for being repeatedly cheated on) and a campaign in which all Democratic candidates should be looking like the answer to the last 8 years of fuck-ups, then believe me doggy - it ain't happenin'.

suprefan
11-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Clinton all the way

schoolofruckus
11-13-2007, 04:20 PM
*Hil-dawg

mountmccabe
11-13-2007, 05:00 PM

This came up with the family I forget when but it went like this:

He was made fun of for the UFO thing.
I pointed out that there was nothing weird about saying you can't identify something you saw in the sky.
It was admitted that what he said was actually entirely reasonable.
I said that I respected him for saying it rather than trying to dance around it.
It was noted that he's an idiot for saying it because morons will make fun of him for it.

I then shut up.

jackstraw94086
11-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Her qualification to be president has nothing to do with her not being a douche.

She's driven by pure ambition. Every action she's taken since marrying Bill has been a power grab. She saw an old beloved democrat retire in NY and she instantly trashed her cubs cap for a yankee one. Seriously, wtf business did she have in aside from abusing it as a stepping stone to get exactly where she is now? She still hasn't admitted she was wrong for voting for the Iraq war. She has no intention to remove troops from Iraq, and has admitted so. She voted for the Patriot Act.... twice. She backs legislation granting amnesty and permenant residency to illegal immigrants. Hilary Clinton is Bush's best hope for continuing his policies after he's gone. As far as damaging the democrats and their chances for change, she brings with her the baggage and partisan hatred of her husband. No other democrat is more despised. Also I read a poll in the paper the that 84% of republican men and even 54% of democrat men refuse to vote for her. It's politically active people who blog and get polled. These are the people who are lifting her up in the standings. When it comes down to crunch time she may fuck things up. I'm not saying she shouldn't be nominated because it's risky to nominate a woman. This is the wrong woman.

jackstraw94086
11-13-2007, 05:07 PM
If it hasn't happened over 8 years of First Ladyhood during a popular Presidential term (in which she should have gained an unbelievable amount of public sympathy for being repeatedly cheated on) and a campaign in which all Democratic candidates should be looking like the answer to the last 8 years of fuck-ups, then believe me doggy - it ain't happenin'.

exactly. Her husband's just a route to power. She never gave a fuck about him fucking other people. Does anybody really think Hilary didn't already know how Bill behaved?

jackstraw94086
11-13-2007, 05:09 PM
6UEnzaNoEH8

Frank has far more important work to do.

Leave him alone.

schoolofruckus
11-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Hey - indulge the lazy guy.

I need the best website where I can weigh different candidates against each other, in terms of their voting histories and their stances on various issues. The best I can do is seriously Wikipedia at this point. Again, I know little about any of these people because I have never followed them as politicians.

I voted here for Gravel because he seems to be pro gay marriage (without the distinction of "civil union"), pro choice, pro decriminlization of weed, pro 2nd Ammendment. Do I know shit about his environmental or education policies? No. Do I need to? Absolutely.

amyzzz
11-13-2007, 05:21 PM
pro-weed is good.

theburiedlife
11-13-2007, 05:28 PM

While i agree shes a good deal about trying to incorporate both parties she not championing civil freedoms (helping bush run around FISA) .

Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
Voted YES on reauthorizing the PATRIOT Act. (Mar 2006)

Granted, She says she wants to restore our civil liberties... I just can't trust her. I also don't favor he stances here:

Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004) .

Ron Paul or Kucinich stand to restore our constitution better than Clinton.

wmgaretjax
11-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Her qualification to be president has nothing to do with her not being a douche.

She's driven by pure ambition. Every action she's taken since marrying Bill has been a power grab. She saw an old beloved democrat retire in NY and she instantly trashed her cubs cap for a yankee one. Seriously, wtf business did she have in aside from abusing it as a stepping stone to get exactly where she is now? She still hasn't admitted she was wrong for voting for the Iraq war. She has no intention to remove troops from Iraq, and has admitted so. She voted for the Patriot Act.... twice. She backs legislation granting amnesty and permenant residency to illegal immigrants. Hilary Clinton is Bush's best hope for continuing his policies after he's gone. As far as damaging the democrats and their chances for change, she brings with her the baggage and partisan hatred of her husband. No other democrat is more despised. Also I read a poll in the paper the that 84% of republican men and even 54% of democrat men refuse to vote for her. It's politically active people who blog and get polled. These are the people who are lifting her up in the standings. When it comes down to crunch time she may fuck things up. I'm not saying she shouldn't be nominated because it's risky to nominate a woman. This is the wrong woman.

bingo. the only point I would disagree on would be the immigrant issue, but there is no need to open that can of shit up. Everything else you outlined is EXACTLY why I don't support Clinton.

Wheres the beef?
11-13-2007, 05:48 PM
Barak Obama is a warmonger. Nuff said.

theburiedlife
11-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Barak Obama is a warmonger. Nuff said.

No, please elaborate.

theburiedlife
11-13-2007, 06:02 PM
Also;
Find the candidate you agree with on most issues.

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

roberto73
11-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I agree most with Kucinich, but I also know he has zero chance of gaining the nomination. Of the candidates who have a shot, I'll side with Edwards.

Wheres the beef?
11-13-2007, 06:34 PM
No, please elaborate.

Certainly. Here is Mr. O's voting record.
http://votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

Here are some gems he authorized.
http://votesmart.org/issue_keyvote_detail.php?cs_id=V3821&can_id=9490

$67.55 billion for the Department of Defense operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, including: (Title I, Chapter 3)

http://votesmart.org/issue_keyvote_detail.php?cs_id=V3791&can_id=9490

$50 billion for ongoing operations in Iraq and Afghanistan

Talking about ending the wars is great and all. But when you continue to fund them seems a little, oh whats the word, two faced? What a crock.

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Dodd was the only one with the sac to threaten a fillibuster of the FISA bill if it offered retroactive immunity to telcos.

Yes, I'm just saying he's not someone who people really care about. He's more qualified than most of the other candidates, actually.

Unlike California's Dianne Feinstein who has come out in favor of telecom amnesty and helped usher in "I just can't say that waterboarding is torture" Mukaskey. With California Democrats like her, who needs GOP control of the senate?

gaypalmsprings
11-13-2007, 06:44 PM
Clinton sucks more than my Hoover upright.

I will most likely vote 3rd party like I used to do back in the 70s.

sydaud
11-13-2007, 06:56 PM

While I agree with your assessment of Clinton's strenghts, I think she is the easiest target for Republicans to attack and while I know this is an impossibility, I would like there to be some debating about issues as opposed to Monica & Whitewater...

I would really like Edwards to get the nomination--and I enjoyed his appearance on Bill Maher.

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow Kingsblend. At first I thought you were trying to be funny. It was actually the first time you made me chuckle here. Now that I see you are serious (I think), I kinda feel bad for you.

Obama a warmonger? You do know that he is one of the only candidates that has opposed the war in Iraq since the beggining. And by beginning, I mean the planning stages.

I'll try to dumb this down for you:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/iraq/

"In 2002, then Illinois State Senator Obama said Saddam Hussein posed no imminent threat to the United States and that invasion would lead to an occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences"

As far as your links go that you posted above, I don't think you really know what they are, and what the purpose of them are.

You say "here is a bill he authorized". You do realize that the bill you link to was not sponsered by him right? You do know the difference between authorizing a bill and sponsering one don't you? And that bill was adopted by a vote of 98-1 in the Senate!?!

And the second link you post was adopted at a 93-ZERO vote!?! I take it 11th grade govt. class is a high as we got here, huh?

Keeping funding going for the troops and being a warmonger are two entirely different things. Realizing that there are other things in those bills like money for Katrina, etc. also would help.

At least have a small small idea on what you are speaking about before you go throwing big words around and posting links that you obviosly don't understand.

And for those that care (its 20 minutes, but well worth it if you have the time):

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tydfsfSQiYc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tydfsfSQiYc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Wheres the beef?
11-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Wow Kingsblend. At first I thought you were trying to be funny. It was actually the first time you made me chuckle here. Now that I see you are serious (I think), I kinda feel bad for you.

Obama a warmonger? You do know that he is one of the only candidates that has opposed the war in Iraq since the beggining. And by beginning, I mean the planning stages.

I'll try to dumb this down for you:

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/iraq/

"In 2002, then Illinois State Senator Obama said Saddam Hussein posed no imminent threat to the United States and that invasion would lead to an occupation of undetermined length, at undetermined cost, with undetermined consequences"

As far as your links go that you posted above, I don't think you really know what they are, and what the purpose of them are.

You say "here is a bill he authorized". You do realize that the bill you link to was not sponsered by him right? You do know the difference between authorizing a bill and sponsering one don't you? And that bill was adopted by a vote of 98-1 in the Senate!?!

And the second link you post was adopted at a 93-ZERO vote!?! I take it 11th grade govt. class is a high as we got here, huh?

Keeping funding going for the troops and being a warmonger are two entirely different things. Realizing that there are other things in those bills like money for Katrina, etc. also would help.

At least have a small small idea on what you are speaking about before you go throwing big words around and posting links that you obviosly don't understand.

And for those that care (its 20 minutes, but well worth it if you have the time):

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tydfsfSQiYc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tydfsfSQiYc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

So? Yes or No. Did he vote to pay for it?

full on idle
11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
The only candidate that voted against the war is Dennis Kucinich.

Barack Obama was still busy kissing hands and shaking babies when Kucinich voted anti-war.

Wheres the beef?
11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Yes, I'm just saying he's not someone who people really care about. He's more qualified than most of the other candidates, actually.

Unlike California's Dianne Feinstein who has come out in favor of telecom amnesty and helped usher in "I just can't say that waterboarding is torture" Mukaskey. With California Democrats like her, who needs GOP control of the senate?

I agree. Feinstein is the worst. She never met a lobbyist she could say no to.

Wheres the beef?
11-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Clinton sucks more than my Hoover upright.

I will most likely vote 3rd party like I used to do back in the 70s.

I'm probably just gonna write myself in like I did last time.

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 07:57 PM
So? Yes or No. Did he vote to pay for it?

Pay for what? You don't even know what your asking, and you expect me to answer?

Yablonowitz
11-13-2007, 08:21 PM
The only candidate that voted against the war is Dennis Kucinich.

Barack Obama was still busy kissing hands and shaking babies when Kucinich voted anti-war.

And tried to get impeachment proceedings against Cheney going. You know I love him, FOIey. James Mercer interviewed him in Under the Radar magazine. He's a smart little leprechaun.

full on idle
11-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Stop trying to keep the leprechauns from rising.

theburiedlife
11-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Certainly. Here is Mr. O's voting record.
http://votesmart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=9490

Here are some gems he authorized.
http://votesmart.org/issue_keyvote_detail.php?cs_id=V3821&can_id=9490

http://votesmart.org/issue_keyvote_detail.php?cs_id=V3791&can_id=9490

Talking about ending the wars is great and all. But when you continue to fund them seems a little, oh whats the word, two faced? What a crock.

No front runner is going to reverse funding and appear to be soft on terrorism. As much as i would like a candidate to do so, its not happening. Find me a front runner with an anti-interventionism track record and ill shut my mouth.

xbnmx
11-13-2007, 09:36 PM
I actually think Joe Biden is a pretty articulate and experienced guy. Plus he's the only one with a sense of humor. And a comb over.

I'm still undecided.

Dodd, Richardson, and Biden have the best foreign policy experience.

I don't even want to spend the time figuring out who Mike Gravel is.

That's too bad because he's the best option of the democratic lot. Why didn't these guys get new middle names?

summerkid
11-13-2007, 11:45 PM
cite examples. She won't do anything crazy stupid, she won't invade any countries unless they deserve it, s

she did vote for authorization of the use of Military force into Iraq so I wouldn't be all that sure of that Tom. She says she is against the war but votes for funds to pay for the war. She basically says she's not going to pull the troops out of Iraq that they will just be there for "air, logistical and intelligence support for the Iraqis; training of the Iraqi forces; guarding the hundreds of miles of border with Iran to prevent infiltration, and chasing al Qaeda operatives in Iraq." which is just hilarious because isn't that what we are doing now? I fear Hilary would be as much of a dictator as Guliani would. She says she's going to reform healthcare. BULLSHIT. She said she was going to do this before but shut the hell up when she was bought out by special interest groups. How can you believe anything that she spews?

edit: I guess Jackstraw already made most of these points maybe i should read the whole thread next time before i post eh?

drugks Gillespie
11-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Hillary is a Republican in sheep's clothing.

xbnmx
11-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Hillary is a Republican in sheep's clothing.

Ya, because Republicans support things like universal mother fucking health care.

sonofhal
11-14-2007, 04:40 AM
I haven't really heard anything interesting about Obama except that he's black and kinda good-looking. If anyone wants to sway my vote, tell me-- why Obama?

E! News is not the best place to form political opinions.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 05:14 AM
She says she's going to reform healthcare. BULLSHIT. She said she was going to do this before but shut the hell up when she was bought out by special interest groups.

You know, you can disagree on her positions, question her leadership skills, even question her motivations. But this statement here is flat out untrue. How old were you in 1993 when the whole Clinton health care reform proposal went down? According to your profile you were 6. While you were learning your ABCs I was an active professional in the field. Hillarycare did not go down because "she was bought out by special interest groups". It died because her committee crafted a 1300 page bill that nobody was really sure they understood and that was going to change too many things all at once. It died because it would create a huge bureacracy that people werent' sure they were ready for. And it died because of an effective and extensive ad and lobbying campaign against the proposal sponsored by the health insurance industry.

amyzzz
11-14-2007, 06:14 AM
E! News is not the best place to form political opinions.
It's good I don't have cable then. I get my news from NPR, and all they seem to have to say about Obama is he's a good speaker, but he copies all of Hillary's plans and doesn't really have anything that helps him stand out....except he's black.

Wheres the beef?
11-14-2007, 06:20 AM
You know, you can disagree on her positions, question her leadership skills, even question her motivations. But this statement here is flat out untrue. How old were you in 1993 when the whole Clinton health care reform proposal went down? According to your profile you were 6. While you were learning your ABCs I was an active professional in the field. Hillarycare did not go down because "she was bought out by special interest groups". It died because her committee crafted a 1300 page bill that nobody was really sure they understood and that was going to change too many things all at once. It died because it would create a huge bureacracy that people werent' sure they were ready for. And it died because of an effective and extensive ad and lobbying campaign against the proposal sponsored by the health insurance industry.

Easy there Tom. You know the doctor said you shouldn't be getting worked up over things on the coachella message board.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 06:31 AM
Posting a response that is logical and fact-filled is not "getting worked up". I didn't even flame him. I just pointed out that he didn't have a fucking clue what he was talking about on this particular issue. Not sure where he picked up this particular piece of propaganda but hopefully now that he knows the facts he can speak more confidently in the future.

schoolofruckus
11-14-2007, 07:06 AM
You don't really want him to speak confidently in the future, do you?

full on idle
11-14-2007, 07:45 AM
That's too bad because he's the best option of the democratic lot. Why didn't these guys get new middle names?

What?

TomAz
11-14-2007, 07:50 AM
You don't really want him to speak confidently in the future, do you?

let's just let that be our little secret.

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 07:50 AM
What?

I don't want to pretend to know the mind of xbnmx, but I believe he's asking why I didn't give the Democrats silly little middle names like I did the Republicans.

The reason is more benign than it may appear - it just occurred to me while I was typing up the Republican candidate list.

full on idle
11-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Dude never states anything clearly.

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 08:01 AM
As far as damaging the democrats and their chances for change, she brings with her the baggage and partisan hatred of her husband. No other democrat is more despised.

Bill always enjoyed approval ratings in the upper 50's and 60 percentile and, for the general public at least, is fairly well-liked. Or at least that's my perception. Yeah, he does have a segment of the population who hate him vehemently nd that's part of why I don't want to see Hillary nominated - who wants to go through that shit again? Bill is rabidly despised particularly by social conservatives. Overall though, he might actually help Hillary in the general race.

The other reasons you list are more why I don't like her - she's transparently an opportunist with no real indication of conviction of anything. Not that the others are just valiant warriors for principled change (except leprechaun boy), but Hillary is so blatantly disingenuous, that I pretty much find her the most loathsome prospect.

That said, I'm not convinced that she would lose if she won the nomination. That's not the same as saying I think she's the best chance for the Dems or that I'm certain she could win.

And really - the three most qualified candidates are some of the least discussed: Richardson, Biden and Dodd.

Too bad money and name recognition is the sole basis for "front runner" status in elections - wouldn't want it to actually be experience and qualification.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 08:14 AM
criticizing any presidential candidate for being "driven by ambition" is like criticizing a wall street banker for being "driven by money".

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 08:46 AM
criticizing any presidential candidate for being "driven by ambition" is like criticizing a wall street banker for being "driven by money".

Right, which I already agreed about, noting that Hillary is, to a greater and far more transparent degree, driven by her own personal ambition to power.

Voting for Kyl-Lieberman non-binding resolution declaring Iran a "terrorist state" alone is enough for me not to support her.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Why isn't "ambition to power" discussed about any other candidate then?

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 09:10 AM

Like I said before, which seems to be eluding you: because she is the MOST OBVIOUS person upon whom to throw that criticism at.

She was the first lady and before that lived in Arkansas...she then goes and runs for senate in the state of New York because it would be the easiest way for her to win an election into a federal position that could catapault her to the presidential candidacy. At least Biden, Dodd, Richardson, and Obama actually won elections based more than just on their name recognition. Fucking Richardson actually has real diplomatic experience. Biden's chairman on the senate foreign relations committe as well as the judicial committee, Dodd's been on something or other. I always forget about DODD. But he has real, long standing experience too and basically 0 name recognition.

Also, Obama's personal ambition is not exactly ignored either. He's been in the senate for...what...4 years? That's brought up a lot too.

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Damn Wikipedia teaches me something pert near every day.

Check this shit out on Biden:

In 1966, while in law school, Biden married Neilia Hunter. They had three children, Joseph R. III (Beau), Robert Hunter, and Naomi. His wife and infant daughter died in a car accident shortly after he was first elected to the U.S. Senate in 1972. His two young sons, Beau and Hunter, were seriously injured in the accident, but both eventually made full recoveries. Biden was sworn into office from their bedside. Persuaded not to resign in order to care for them, Biden began the practice of commuting an hour and a half each day on the train from his home in the Wilmington suburbs to Washington, DC, which he continues to do.

full on idle
11-14-2007, 09:20 AM
sM19YOqs7hU

TomAz
11-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Like I said before, which seems to be eluding you: because she is the MOST OBVIOUS person upon whom to throw that criticism at.

no, I get what you're saying. I just don't get why you're saying it. Why she's "most obviously" the ambitious one in the race.
I guarantee you every single one of the candidates in both parties is ambitious as hell and would do close to anything to win the election.

Her run for the NY Senate seat seems to bother a lot of people.. except of course for the majority of NYers who actually elected her and then re-elected her. call it a power grab? I call it smart politics. Having a smart person as president would be a welcome change, I think we can agree on that at least.

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 09:51 AM
If it's Hillary against a Republican, I'd vote for Hillary too. That doesn't mean anything. NYers are majority Democratic, who else are they going to vote for?

Now back to real reasons not to vote for candidates.

Next up - John Edwards - he says "Eee rock" instead of "I rack".

wmgaretjax
11-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Next up - John Edwards - he says "Eee rock" instead of "I rack".

yeah, I guess you're right, it's more like "ear-rock" anyhow...

TomAz
11-14-2007, 10:03 AM
John Edwards has the most ambitious hair of any candidate, either party.

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 10:13 AM

Which is an argument against Hilary.

You're not getting it. Ambition in the sense that it's being used here is a BAD thing. Your wall st analogy is worthless because those people don't pretend to be about anything else. Politicians CAN and are ideally supposed to be driven by a sense of civic responsibility, nationalism, etc.

Has pure ambition been a quality of just about every politician ever? sure, but to varying degrees. Hilary sits are the far end of that bench.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 10:14 AM
I disagree.

J~$$$
11-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Kucinich.

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Her run for the NY Senate seat seems to bother a lot of people.. except of course for the majority of NYers who actually elected her and then re-elected her. call it a power grab? I call it smart politics. Having a smart person as president would be a welcome change, I think we can agree on that at least.

Did grow up in New York? Do you have knowledge of Moynihan's legacy, NY's waning patience with republicans, the dichotomy between NYC and state and how it can be manipulated, how Guiliani's personal issues, withdrawl from the race, and Lazio's subsequent pompousness and major debate flubs cost them the senate?

I grew up in NY. I was there.

summerkid
11-14-2007, 10:18 AM

so its just a coincidence that she's raised more money from health insurance and drug companies than any other candidate? I understand that the proposal was too much, but instead of trying to get something done she just walked away.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 10:19 AM
the Yankees lost too.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Did grow up in New York? Do you have knowledge of Moynihan's legacy, NY's waning patience with republicans, the dichotomy between NYC and state and how it can be manipulated, how Guiliani's personal issues, withdrawl from the race, and Lazio's subsequent pompousness and major debate flubs cost them the senate?

I grew up in NY. I was there.

who did you vote for?

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 11:12 AM
I had moved to California at the end of October on short notice after quickly accepting a job offer. I did not have time to get an absentee ballot.

Had I voted it woudl have been for Lazio.

good enough?

bug on your lip
11-14-2007, 11:14 AM
bitchbitchbitchbitch
vote?no,toobusy
bitchbitchbitch

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 11:21 AM
bitchbitchbitchbitch
vote?no,toobusy
bitchbitchbitch

listen up you amazingly retarded swamp of a cuntrag douche,
You have nothing useful to say anywhere about anything.
Shut the fuck up and continue wasting away your pointless and disgusting lonely life.

I realize you're too fucking stupid to get it, but "didn't have time" literally means there was no time. Busy had nothing to do with it, fuckwit.

Every time you open your mouth you reach new lows of assinine worthlessness.

bug on your lip
11-14-2007, 11:24 AM
apparently, absentee ballots have the lifespan of a mayfly

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
I'm not sure I would have voted for the Republican in that instance, but I'd have a really difficult time voting for Hillary. That shit would have pissed me off.

TomAz
11-14-2007, 11:27 AM
I had moved to California at the end of October on short notice after quickly accepting a job offer. I did not have time to get an absentee ballot.

Had I voted it woudl have been for Lazio.

good enough?

good enough. yep. thx.

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
[QUOTE=Cpt. Funkaho;340207]Are we going back in time?[QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA. I just realized what you meant. I'm so fucking stupid.

VOTE FOR BIDEN. BIDEN '08!!

Can someone please tell me how to avoid the quoting display error I made above? It seems to happen when I'm editing down a quote to the pertinent part. But I make sure the tags are all there and formatted right. WTF?

LET'S GO JOE!!!!

BIDEN 08!!!!

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 11:28 AM
apparently, absentee ballots have the lifespan of a mayfly

you have to apply by mail to absentee ballots you fuckslop.

Why don't you stop stalking me and go make yourself look like an idiot somewhere else.

bug on your lip
11-14-2007, 11:29 AM
too busy

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 11:30 AM
that's fair I guess. You're not capable of much else

bug on your lip
11-14-2007, 11:31 AM
no win, try again

TomAz
11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
I'm sorry to interrupt this lovefest, bug, but..

you have to apply by mail to absentee ballots you fuckslop.

interesting. in Az now they are changing this to where a voter can elect to be "permanently absentee" and just have ballots mailed to him/her before each election. Not have to wait in lines at the polls, get to vote weeks in advance, etc etc. all very convenient, the McDonalds of voting.

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 11:50 AM

interesting. in Az now they are changing this to where a voter can elect to be "permanently absentee" and just have ballots mailed to him/her before each election. Not have to wait in lines at the polls, get to vote weeks in advance, etc etc. all very convenient, the McDonalds of voting.

Tom - you live in Arizona. Let's think about this.

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 11:53 AM

sounds great, but you'd still probably have to initiate this process more than a week in advance of election day, which is the situation I was in.

bug on your lip
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
too bad today isn't election day

full on idle
11-14-2007, 11:56 AM
HEY YABLO DID YOU SEE WHERE BIDEN SAID THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN INDIAN ACCENT TO GO TO 7-11?

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
HEY YABLO DID YOU SEE WHERE BIDEN SAID THAT YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN INDIAN ACCENT TO GO TO 7-11?

FOXNEWS SLANDER!

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
While speaking to a group of Indian-Americans in Delaware, Biden stated in regards to his relationship with the Indian-American community: "I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans — moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." His comment was caught on C-SPAN. When asked to explain further, Biden spokesperson Margaret Aitken stated "The Senator [Biden] admires, supports and respects the Indian-American community... The point Senator Biden was making is that there has been a vibrant Indian-American community in Delaware for decades. It has primarily been made up of engineers, scientists and physicians, but more recently, middle-class families are moving into Delaware and purchasing family-run small businesses..." The Indian-American activist who was on the receiving end of Biden's comment later called the media coverage of Biden's comments "completely unfair," and stated that he was "100 percent behind (Biden) because he did nothing wrong."

full on idle
11-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Okay right.

Yablonowitz
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Okay right.

So, you're offended by the Simpsons?

schoolofruckus
11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Gregory - put a backslash between the "[" and the "QUOTE]" at the end of your quoted passage. Jesus you're fucking stupid.

While speaking to a group of Indian-Americans in Delaware, Biden stated in regards to his relationship with the Indian-American community: "I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian Americans — moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking." His comment was caught on C-SPAN. When asked to explain further, Biden spokesperson Margaret Aitken stated "The Senator [Biden] admires, supports and respects the Indian-American community... The point Senator Biden was making is that there has been a vibrant Indian-American community in Delaware for decades. It has primarily been made up of engineers, scientists and physicians, but more recently, middle-class families are moving into Delaware and purchasing family-run small businesses..." The Indian-American activist who was on the receiving end of Biden's comment later called the media coverage of Biden's comments "completely unfair," and stated that he was "100 percent behind (Biden) because he did nothing wrong."

From the information in this passage, Biden's comment could be seen as saying that you can't go into any neighborhood establishment if you don't at least seem to fit the bill of being at least partially Indian. The 7-11 part of it has bad connotations, but this is just as innocuous as the infamous Dean scream. And will, unfortunately for Biden, probably be just as costly.

GRAVEL / EDWARDS '08

full on idle
11-14-2007, 01:44 PM
ew no

J~$$$
11-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Kucinich/Alf 08

PotVsKtl
11-14-2007, 01:53 PM
We'reall/Fucked 08.

schoolofruckus
11-14-2007, 03:11 PM
ew no

Not a Gravel girl, huh?

full on idle
11-14-2007, 04:10 PM
nah not me cousin

miscorrections
11-14-2007, 05:28 PM
I keep reading the title of this as "Coachella Board Democratic Circus".

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 05:34 PM
read harder.

miscorrections
11-14-2007, 05:37 PM
I'M TRYING OK

jackstraw94086
11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey everybody,

Check out the cold sore on Tom's pick.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j217/audioresponse/billandhillary.jpg

full on idle
11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
ew.

SojuGorae
11-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Hey everybody,

Check out the cold sore on Tom's pick.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j217/audioresponse/billandhillary.jpg
Looks like Billy boy gave her something forever... and it wasn't a diamond, fo sho'

amyzzz
11-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Poor Hillary. She was never really attractive, was she?

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 06:46 AM
Poor Hillary. She was never really attractive, was she?

Retard.

brando4n82
11-15-2007, 06:48 AM
where are the republican candidates?

amyzzz
11-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Retard.
gouty dickwad.

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 08:52 AM
where are the republican candidates?

Retard.

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 08:52 AM
gouty dickwad.

Oh the sick mad burn.

TomAz
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
http://www.cheappremiumtickets.com/images/articles/436.jpg

gowdy dickwad.

amyzzz
11-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh the sick mad burn.
As if regurgitating "retard" required great brain power.

brando4n82
11-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Retard.

yaaa.....I'm sure a democrat will be the one to solve our problems in Iraq, and oh, not to mention immigration:rolleyes . It's scary how the mainstream media's electrion coverage is about 80% democrat, 20% republican. This country's got some tough times ahead either way, but I cant imagine what is going to happen if a democrat is voted into office. It's just not the time...

But this is the Coachella message board, so I will refrain from anymore political talk, unless someone razzes my chops

TomAz
11-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Immigration is not a problem. Retard.

brando4n82
11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Immigration is not a problem. Retard.

Well, technically, immigration is not a problem....Illegal immigration is what I have a problem with. The whole immigration situation is a mess, and i hope you can agree with me on that

algunz
11-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Immigration is not a problem.

Are you serious?

TomAz
11-15-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, technically, immigration is not a problem....Illegal immigration is what I have a problem with. The whole immigration situation is a mess, and i hope you can agree with me on that

no

Are you serious?

yes

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 12:01 PM

i second tom's no.

and his yes for that matter.

brando4n82
11-15-2007, 12:03 PM
no

yes

wow. you got some major issues. so we should just open all our borders to everyone? not even question who comes in here? Because thats what your immature responces pooint to.

TomAz
11-15-2007, 12:07 PM
wow. you got some major issues. so we should just open all our borders to everyone? not even question who comes in here? Because thats what your immature responces pooint to.

immature? umm.. thank you!

if you're talking about border security, keeping terrorists and stuff out, I'm all for that.

if you're talking about migrant labor coming north from Mexico, well, I'm all for that too. I mean, if they want to work, and there's work to be done, it sounds like a pretty good plan to me, and it seems pretty dumb (or worse) to tell them they can't just cuz they look different or speak a different language.

brando4n82
11-15-2007, 12:29 PM
immature? umm.. thank you!

if you're talking about border security, keeping terrorists and stuff out, I'm all for that.

if you're talking about migrant labor coming north from Mexico, well, I'm all for that too. I mean, if they want to work, and there's work to be done, it sounds like a pretty good plan to me, and it seems pretty dumb (or worse) to tell them they can't just cuz they look different or speak a different language.

ok, im gonna break your responce down in a few pieces. lets start with the beginning..

"if you're talking about border security, keeping terrorists and stuff out, I'm all for that."

That is part of it yes...

NEXT: "if you're talking about migrant labor coming north from Mexico, well, I'm all for that too. I mean, if they want to work, and there's work to be done, it sounds like a pretty good plan to me"

That sounds great, and I am all for migrant workers, as long as they go through the necissary legal process. As long as ANYONE goes through the
necissary legal process they are all welcome.
As I previously stated, I have a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM with ILLEGAL immigration. I know if i try to go to another country for whatever reason, i cant just woltz in, nor should anyoen have that privilge for this country. You want to live in America? Fine, good for you, more power to you, just do it the legal way, thats all im asking.

and finally: "and it seems pretty dumb (or worse) to tell them they can't just cuz they look different or speak a different language"

Finally something we can agree upon. In the future, try not to confuse my logic with racism

full on idle
11-15-2007, 12:33 PM
TomAz's gonna jacitate on you.

Yablonowitz
11-15-2007, 12:47 PM
yaaa.....I'm sure a democrat will be the one to solve our problems in Iraq, and oh, not to mention immigration:rolleyes . It's scary how the mainstream media's electrion coverage is about 80% democrat, 20% republican. This country's got some tough times ahead either way, but I cant imagine what is going to happen if a democrat is voted into office. It's just not the time...

But this is the Coachella message board, so I will refrain from anymore political talk, unless someone razzes my chops

So there are no misunderstandings, I called you a retard because there IS a Republican candidate thread. If you just scrolled a wee bit down, I think you'd find it.

Also, are you dyslexic?

RotationSlimWang
11-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Sometimes woltzing is necissary. I think if immigrants have to pass a citizenship test, you should have to pass a basic comprehension test before you're allowed to vote.

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
just do it the legal way, thats all im asking.

civil disobedience is the way you begin the repair of flawed systems. what else can outsiders do if the "legal way" is fucked?

TomAz
11-15-2007, 01:26 PM
I have a BIG FUCKING PROBLEM with ILLEGAL immigration

from what I can tell in the other thread, you don't seem to have a problem with ILLEGAL drugs though. What's the distinction?

RotationSlimWang
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
from what I can tell in the other thread, you don't seem to have a problem with ILLEGAL drugs though. What's the distinction?

Hahaha, Brando just got f'd in the a of logic.

Does that sparkle with you, fuckhead?

TomAz
11-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Also, if ILLEGAL immigration is the only reason it bothers you, the solution is very simple. Change the law so that it is legal.

amyzzz
11-15-2007, 02:32 PM
hahaha

J~$$$
11-15-2007, 02:45 PM
TomAz +500

jackstraw94086
11-15-2007, 02:51 PM
Tom has no problem with illegal immigrants being exploited by abusive US employers. He loves it. He wrings his hands and laughs impishly at the idea.

Tom attempts to rationalize it by claiming that they're better off here getting abused than worse off where they were from.

Tom couldn't care less about immigration reform that would facilitate legal immigration. He just wants to let them sneak over, get exploited, and then wholesalse excused for breaking the law.

Tom wants to send a message to the world that US laws are supposed to be flaunted and abused instead of changed so that they make sense.

Tom does all these things. He does them with panache.

ShyGuy75
11-15-2007, 03:00 PM
For those that care, there is a televised Dem debate tonight from Nevada. If we are lucky, maybe Hilldog will give us more double sided answers to simple yes or no questions.

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Tom wants to send a message to the world that US laws are supposed to be flaunted and abused instead of changed so that they make sense.

Did you read his last post you silly imp?

jackstraw94086
11-15-2007, 03:05 PM
EDIT: nm. I didn't catch you making a joke there.

ironic huh?

brando4n82
11-15-2007, 03:17 PM
For those that care, there is a televised Dem debate tonight from Nevada. If we are lucky, maybe Hilldog will give us more double sided answers to simple yes or no questions.

thanks for the heads up, i never know when any of the debates are

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 03:23 PM
ironic huh?

yes.

look ma, no hands!

jackstraw94086
11-15-2007, 03:27 PM
your panache rivals Tom's

wmgaretjax
11-15-2007, 03:32 PM
your panache rivals Tom's

i might crash if I'm not careful... i might soil my panache blanc then.

york707
11-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Let's woltz Tom.

SojuGorae
11-15-2007, 09:45 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/texaspolitics/archives/ron_paul.jpg

Hannahrain
11-15-2007, 10:08 PM
STOP POSTING ENORMOUS PICTURES. I AM TRYING TO HAVE A NICE DRINK AND DICK AROUND ON THE INTERNET AND YOU'RE MAKING IT LIKE 10% LESS ENJOYABLE.

xbnmx
11-15-2007, 11:32 PM
Look she's right, only winners drink alone while surfing the web...and tell everyone what they're doing...and no one wants to mess with a winner. better stop with the whole big picture thing ASAP.

TomAz
11-16-2007, 05:09 AM
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/2/2/6/3/5/4/webimg/32355779_o.jpg

SojuGorae
11-16-2007, 06:46 AM
damn

Yablonowitz
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Now I see why nothingman posts so infrequently.

Hannahrain
11-16-2007, 07:02 AM
Look she's right, only winners drink alone while surfing the web...and tell everyone what they're doing...and no one wants to mess with a winner. better stop with the whole big picture thing ASAP.

Yeah, how dare I. This forum is for serious people. I thought I would come by for some regulation lulz, but apparently I was mistaken. I'm hanging my head in shame right now.

You've got a vowel defecit that is keeping me from taking you seriously.

Courtney
11-16-2007, 11:47 AM

I want to know more about the giant urn thing in brass and red velvet on the left.

theburiedlife
11-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Looks like nesting season is coming around again...

Wheres the beef?
11-17-2007, 11:22 PM
On the front page of Digg recently.......a Youtube of highlights of Kucinich in a recent debate.

Highlight:

Wolf Blitzer, "You voted against the Patriot Act."

Kucinich (offended),"Because I read it."

At about 5:40.
qYWWBwf2wHE

nothingman00
11-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Now I see why nothingman posts so infrequently.

Come now... I'd never fucking drink Old Milwaukee.

PotVsKtl
11-18-2007, 03:34 AM
qYWWBwf2wHE

full on idle
11-18-2007, 09:19 AM
On the front page of Digg recently.......a Youtube of highlights of Kucinich in a recent debate.
qYWWBwf2wHE

"Just imagine what it would be like to have a President of the United States who was right the first time."

keriann
11-18-2007, 09:37 AM
I think I love him. I need to watch the whole thing now though.

bug on your lip
11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
i'm still waiting for some of you peeps to tell me i've been punked;
and that
no possible human with a IQ over 70 could mentally support Kucinich and that
it's all been a joke

full on idle
11-18-2007, 12:55 PM
We're here for his mental support.

full on idle
11-18-2007, 12:56 PM
ps For the record, I'm not getting into an illogical bug argument, especially about politics.

Alchemy
11-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Also;

I did this thing and got this:

John Edwards - 21
Hillary Clinton - 18
Barack Obama - 18
Mitt Romney - 17
Chris Dodd - 17

blah blah

Ron Paul - 1

Yablonowitz
11-18-2007, 08:28 PM
I'm struck by the large gap between how he's portrayed and how he actually comes across. Fucking media.

full on idle
11-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Be the media you want to see in the world.

Yablonowitz
11-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Be the media you want to see in the world.

Haha.

J~$$$
11-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Kucinich= mah hero.

full on idle
11-23-2007, 09:52 AM
53mNwgKg3pQ

Yablonowitz
11-23-2007, 10:20 PM
wbOa989IRYw&feature=user

full on idle
11-23-2007, 11:01 PM
What an appropriately marketed soundtrack.

full on idle
11-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I mean, seriously? My poor country.

J~$$$
11-24-2007, 09:11 AM
gGwwovW_t4s

AEversW
11-26-2007, 07:59 AM
Also;

The way they asked the questions on this quiz was bad. Like the questions about stem-cell research, abortions and gay marriage. These are really question that shouldn't be answered with an simple yes or no question which is the way they are given to us. Especially abortion, even more so when the question doesn't specify what the term the abortion is in or anything along those lines.

J~$$$
11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Biden_to_try_impeachment_if_Bush_1130.html

pshhhh he wants to be kucinich.

Yablonowitz
11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
"And everybody knows that Ahmadinejad is a madman, and that Iran is one of the most dangerous planets on Earth."

J~$$$
11-30-2007, 09:43 AM
That statement is why Biden is way behind in the coachella polls.

J~$$$
11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Bomb toting domestic terrorists <3 Hillary.

Yablonowitz
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
That statement is why Biden is way behind in the coachella polls.

Wasn't Biden's statement you doofus.

J~$$$
11-30-2007, 11:54 AM
I like skimming you.

Edit: yeah that was my bad, sorry Biden camp.

AEversW
11-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Biden said today he'd push for impeachment of Bush if he attacks Iran. I like Joe Biden alot. Too bad he just can't shut up and stop shooting himself in the foot.

Yablonowitz
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't discount that problem, but even if he hadn't said anything controversial, he'd be no more popular than Richardson, Dodd, and Kucinich. The media has been stuffing Hillary Clinton's name down our throat for over four years now, and doing nearly the same as Obama. All the primaries are frontloaded, the candidates need cash ASAP, people are going to give to whose name is most well known - those candidates buy up 10x the airspace and visibility and the race is essentially decided before anyone gets to listen to what the candidates are saying.

Nobody has time for the details of policy. Just pick a shiny candidate NOW!

Wheres the beef?
11-30-2007, 10:01 PM
We really need someone who is going to take all the fancy new pre-police state laws and really take it the next level. I think Hillary is our man.

Yablonowitz
12-05-2007, 06:45 PM
You go, Joe. (http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Biden_to_deliver_impeachment_threat_to_1205.html)

Wheres the beef?
12-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Snuke.

J~$$$
12-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Democrats Drift Toward Kucinich

From NPR.

Dennis Kucinich
David Lienemann

Dennis Kucinich said he was unwilling to encourage Americans to have illegal immigrants arrested. NPR

The Bryant Park Project, December 5, 2007 · On issue after issue, says Richard Wolffe of Newsweek, Dennis Kucinich's views have gone from fringe to mainstream. That pattern became apparent again at NPR's Democratic presidential debate yesterday, Wolffe says.

Kucinich notions that once seemed crazy to the Democratic Party ended up front and center Tuesday, Wolffe says, and NPR's debate format gave the Ohio congressman a chance to shine. Kucinich is generally considered among the darkest of dark horses in the race. Yesterday, he spoke out about his opposition to liberalized trade with China and to the war in Iraq.

"We're borrowing money from China to finance the war in Iraq," Kucinich argued.

Wolffe says the idea of a Kucinich administration makes no sense to him, but he can't help noticing a new vogue for Kucinich's opinions.

"Think what you like about Kucinich and UFOs, but this Democratic field has essentially moved to the Kucinich position on trade, on Iraq, on a whole range of things where people thought he was a real outlier," he says. "They're all pretty much in agreement now, when it comes to some of these big issues like trade, like diplomacy and war. And they are where Dennis Kucinich is."

Lt. Dangel
12-10-2007, 02:42 PM
The dems already have this thing in the bag. If you can get to Vegas put as much money on it as you can.

Same old story...one party gets negative media toward the end of their last term (Clinton/Bush Jr.), other party rides that momentum while an independent that appeals to the already weakened party (Nader/Ron Paul) pops up and takes 5 to 8 percent of the vote, sealing the deal for the party with the momentum.

Oh and the Packers (i.e. 65 yr old Brett Favre) upset the Cowboys and go on to beat the Patriots to win the superbowl.... and Dale Earnhardt Junior wins Indy 500, and the Dodgers play the Yankees in the World Series and Joe Torre cries again.

If you want just Parlay all those events for 32/1 odds.

Yablonowitz
12-10-2007, 02:58 PM
The dems already have this thing in the bag. If you can get to Vegas put as much money on it as you can.

Same old story...one party gets negative media toward the end of their last term (Clinton/Bush Jr.), other party rides that momentum while an independent that appeals to the already weakened party (Nader/Ron Paul) pops up and takes 5 to 8 percent of the vote, sealing the deal for the party with the momentum.

Oh and the Packers (i.e. 65 yr old Brett Favre) upset the Cowboys and go on to beat the Patriots to win the superbowl.... and Dale Earnhardt Junior wins Indy 500, and the Dodgers play the Yankees in the World Series and Joe Torre cries again.

If you want just Parlay all those events for 32/1 odds.

Clinton never had 30 percent approval ratings going into the election. Gore actually won, but let Bush take it from him because he wanted to win an Oscar and a Nobel Peace Prize.

PotVsKtl
12-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Ohio Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D) is being excluded from this week’s Iowa presidential debate because he has not rented office space in the Hawkeye State, his campaign said Wednesday.

http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/kucinich-booted-from-iowa-debate-2007-12-12.html

Way to go Kooch.

J~$$$
12-12-2007, 10:51 AM
the entire process is suspect!

PotVsKtl
12-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Clearly.

J~$$$
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM
So the president works from the white house.....where he lives. Shenanigans!

Yablonowitz
12-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Poor, poor representative republic. We can't even do that right.

TomAz
12-12-2007, 11:22 AM
if ever there was a time for an independent or 3rd party candidate to make a strong showing, 08 is the year. People are deeply disaffected with both parties. there is a growing belief that real change is needed.

Bloomberg's independent candidacy is already in the works. now picture Giuliani getting the Republican nomination, and Huckabee leading a breakoff, fundamentalist group to run on the Christian Party ticket. or Ron Paul leading a Libertarian candidacy. in the past these guys would have gotten 4% of the vote. in 08 though, with no incumbent Pres or VP from either party running, I think the odds of one of these candidates capturing the nation's imagination are better than they've ever been.

in an extreme example it could lead to no candidate getting a majority of the electoral college votes and the thing going to Congress to be settled. which one might expect to be a partisan, D/R affair.. probably.

2008 has the potential to be the most interesting election of our lifetimes.

J~$$$
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
TomAZ for the republicworkers4lyfepeoples party.

Kucinich will still be my write in vote.

J~$$$
12-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Keyes didnt even get 1% and he still was invited to the Iowa GOP debate. This is bs.

TomAz
12-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Kucinich is a Croatian from Cleveland. One of my best friends is a Croatian from Cleveland. knows the family. She can't stand him. says he's an asshole. ISN'T THAT PROOF ENOUGH!?!?

J~$$$
12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
If your best friend says so.........changes my whole outlook.

Who is she backing?

Yablonowitz
12-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Keyes didnt even get 1% and he still was invited to the Iowa GOP debate. This is bs.

Don't bring Keyes into this!

J~$$$
12-12-2007, 11:41 AM
SUSPECT!

TomAz
12-12-2007, 12:04 PM
If your best friend says so.........changes my whole outlook.

Who is she backing?

she's really conservative. she's an idiot when it comes to politics. but she knows all the Croatian families in Cleveland.

Yablonowitz
12-13-2007, 10:29 PM
bjYYz2Jv2QY&NR=1

J~$$$
12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
DT7Hw-FHx18

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Obama is crushin it.

TomAz
01-08-2008, 08:43 AM
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/POLITICS/01/08/nh.main/t1port.dixville.board.ap.jpg

kreutz2112
01-08-2008, 08:46 AM
From CNN: In Kenya, Obama's relatives 'pray' for victory (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/07/kenya.obama.relatives/index.html)

why do they put "pray" in single quotes, and I am not saying it should be in double quotes, I am saying it should not be in quotes at all.

TomAz
01-08-2008, 08:49 AM
that 'is' a good question.

PotVsKtl
01-08-2008, 08:52 AM
They're Muslim. That's not real prayer.

Yablonowitz
01-08-2008, 09:24 AM
I was a little irritated by the over coverage of Hillary's talk yesterday and how she came close to tears. It was distorted and not really much worth covering at length. She's fucking tired and she didn't expect to be in this position. To me it was somewhat eye-opening since she has the image of the "hard-nosed bitch" (which is of course equivalent to toughness when displayed by a man), she actually came across as a real person. And then fucking Edwards made a veiled criticism about her lack of toughness. He can go fuck himself and his $400 haircut.

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 09:25 AM
"IRON MY SHIRT!"

PotVsKtl
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Haircut burn! Go choke down another dong frappe.

amyzzz
01-08-2008, 10:36 AM
I was for Edwards, but he has been really cruel to Hillary lately. I don't know who to vote for.

kreutz2112
01-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Barack and Edwards are going to own come Nov 2008. Hillary is going to continue being sexually deprived and eventually come out of the closet.

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Vote for the person that is the less meany head.

TomAz
01-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Hillary is going to continue being sexually deprived and eventually come out of the closet.

How come no one ever questions the sexuality of the male candidates?

Why do Republicans even think about Hillary's sexuality at all?

J~$$$
01-08-2008, 10:53 AM

We all know if your old and republican you are crusin' midwest airports for dong. I think its mandatory.

kreutz2112
01-08-2008, 11:30 AM

Because Tom, The President of The United States is a male job, therefore if a chick may be capable of doing this job it automatically gives her male characteristics. Most of the time males are attracted to woman, thus, if a woman has male characteristics she is most likely attracted to other woman.

Also, I question every Republicans sexuality.

TomAz
01-08-2008, 01:14 PM
speaking of sexuality, how'd your orals go?

kreutz2112
01-08-2008, 01:18 PM
they went ok. I got a conditional pass, which means that I have to rewrite a portion of my grant, but it is essentially a pass.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
DT7Hw-FHx18

Holy crap that's his wife?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Obama is crushin it.

him and Mccain are going to take NH...

jackstraw94086
01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
him and Mccain are going to take NH...

Mccain took NH last time too then disappeared.

Yablonowitz
01-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Mccain took NH last time too then disappeared.

Yeah, but he was up against a record-breaking fundraising campaign operated by Karl Rove. I think he's got more of a shot this year, but he's too old to win.

thelastgreatman
01-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Edwards needs to win some of these prelims so that he can go for Pres with Obama as VP and we'll have a shot at winning.

canexplain
01-08-2008, 05:11 PM
still not a done deal on the dem side, yikes ... canx**

Yablonowitz
01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
Why yikes?

There's no reason to rush to pick a nominee. The punditry and commentators have no fucking clue what they are talking about and it's getting proven every time. Iowa they said Huckabee was toast and in NH, they said Obama was going to roll.

Time to watch and listen and stop making predictions about whose candidacy is dead. There are a lot of states still to go.

boarderwoozel3
01-08-2008, 08:34 PM
Only on the coachella message board could Kucinich finish second.

Obama will win the dem. nomination, mark my words.

Yablonowitz
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Only on the coachella message board could Kucinich finish second.

Obama will win the dem. nomination, mark my words.

Fucking nostradomus takes the stage. Mark boarderwoozel's words.

MARK THOSE FUCKERS!

Boarderwoozel knows his shit.

letitbe_
01-08-2008, 09:27 PM
W0ot Obama

Yablonowitz
01-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Bill Kristol: “It’s the tears. She pretended to cry. The women felt sorry for her. And she won.”

TomAz
01-09-2008, 06:38 AM
Why yikes?

There's no reason to rush to pick a nominee. The punditry and commentators have no fucking clue what they are talking about and it's getting proven every time. Iowa they said Huckabee was toast and in NH, they said Obama was going to roll.

Time to watch and listen and stop making predictions about whose candidacy is dead. There are a lot of states still to go.

yes, yes, and yes.

canexplain
01-09-2008, 06:43 AM
i think it is cool that clinton won .... i want a race and make this whole thing interesting and not like they were saying "a corrination" although i am guessing they spelled that better :) canx**

amyzzz
01-09-2008, 06:44 AM
I'm trying to decide between Clinton and Obama now. Edwards seems too partisan to me now.