PDA

View Full Version : Joining the Micrommunity

Melanie.Dawn
11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Hey anyone...

How would I go about joining the micromunnity... I know it says you have to have that registration number from years prior, but all I have is tickets from other years. Does this mean I cant join?

psychic friend
11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
correct

Melanie.Dawn
11-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Thats kind of shitty

mvanwinkle
11-13-2007, 10:27 AM
incorrect. not kind of shitty.

boyalien0
11-13-2007, 10:31 AM
This is why it pays to be a festival veteran.

Melanie.Dawn
11-13-2007, 10:34 AM
But I thought the whole point was for people who go...? My boyfriend has gone many times before and is going again (with me this time).. I thought it was intended for people who have gone many times.. You sound like he wouldnt deserve it.. because he just has an old ticket?

mvanwinkle
11-13-2007, 10:36 AM
if every one who ever went to coachella was in the micro-community. it would be too. whats the word im looking for. lil' help.

Boourns
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
You are only welcome if you bought your tickets online. In person? That's for filler fans.

Courtney
11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
You guys are crazy.

But yeah, it seems like (at least thus far) the microcommunity is a place for people who have bought tickets in January or February or whatever and want to interact with other Coachella fans before the festival. It's not so much about people who have attended past Coachellas, as about people who have already bought their tickets to attend the next one. It doesn't seem to have much year-round activity yet anyway. Melanie, maybe this year you can choose to get a ticket online so that you'll get a confirmation code and then you'll be able to become a microcommunity member.

Melanie.Dawn
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
I wasnt aware of the coachella hierachy.

Im obviously new to the message board, but so far, everyone has come across as pretentious assholes who somehow think they are better than everyone else because they went to a festival... and somehow... some of them are even better than other people who went... just because?

Melanie.Dawn
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
except for that last person I mean

Boourns
11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Basically if someone purchased tickets online in 05 or 06 (possibly 07) as well, they were emailed a code to join. This code was not given at ticketmaster outlets, and most codes were probably deleted in unread messages mistaken for spam (by the person or by the email provider).

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Melanie, there is a lot of negativity on this forum from certain members. I chalk it up to them being unhappy with their real life, so they feel the need to flex their musical muscles on this board.

Just ignore them. For the most part, the majority of people here are pretty cool, and this board will start to pick up once the festival comes closer, so the hangerons will be drowned out. Then they will resort to private messaging each other saying how "cool" the board used to be when traffic was down.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! And if you really really want to join the microforum (never heard of it until today), I'm sure someone can dig up past registration numbers for you. I'm too high and lazy to do it right now. Lo Siento!

Shyguy75 - ridding the board of negativity one day at a time

mvanwinkle
11-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Basically if someone purchased tickets online in 05 or 06 (possibly 07) as well, they were emailed a code to join. This code was not given at ticketmaster outlets, and most codes were probably deleted in unread messages mistaken for spam (by the person or by the email provider).

07 as well.