PDA

View Full Version : Best jukebox in LA?

ShyGuy75
11-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm going to go with either the one at Jones or the one at the Coach & Horses.

Anyone else know any great ones that can do no wrong?

chrislasf
11-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Broadway Bar or it's sister bar The Golden Gopher.

The Jones one is decent, too bad that place is fucking unbearable.

ShyGuy75
11-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Where are those at Chris?

I forgot the Burgundy (sp?) Room too, but most of the stuff in their jukebox you would have to be pretty hard core to know.

Courtney
11-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I agree Golden Gopher is good. It's downtown on 8th Street between Hill and Olive I think? I have not been to Broadway Bar enough to comment on the jukebox, but it has very pretty wallpaper. It's on Broadway next to the Orpheum, also downtown.

chrislasf
11-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Courtney is correct on both counts. The Broadway Bar may be my favorite "nicer" bar in LA. So sexy...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a168/chrislasf/broadwaybar.jpg

When I turn 30 I think I am going to throw the bash upstairs there and then burn the motherfucker down. The White Horse is the best dive LA has to offer in my humble opinion.

ShyGuy75
11-12-2007, 03:55 PM
I try to stay away from downtown, but may have to make a special burn cruise down there to say what up to all my hommies on skid row and to pop into the Golden Gopher.

chrislasf
11-12-2007, 04:02 PM
Downtown is starting to warm up and I am all for that. The Edison is another ridiculously nice place when you have something special to celebrate. I support anything that wakes that part of town the fuck up. You look at the major city centers in this country and it makes LA look like a joke. Mark my words though, 10 years from now itll be hot like fire.

ThomThom
11-12-2007, 04:09 PM
ShyGuy,

While your in downtown try R Bar on 8th st. Very nice place.

Courtney
11-12-2007, 04:19 PM
I also like the jukeboxes at The Roost and Club Tee Gee in Atwater Village. And the Short Stop in Echo Park.

chrislasf
11-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Nice call on Short Stop. Thats a great bar in general. Especially for Dodger pregaming.

I could pretty much talk about bars forever.

ThomThom
11-12-2007, 04:44 PM
In the downtown area I'm a pretty big fan of the following...

Seven Grand
Edison
R Bar
Rooftop at The Standard
Elevate Lounge

In Silverlake area...

The Griffin
Bigfoot Lodge
Hyperion Tavern

ShyGuy75
11-12-2007, 05:04 PM
Have any of u ever played with the box at Coach & Horses?

I think someone with some clout on this forum should organize a mid year coachella meet up somewhere that has a great jukebox.

Yes, I know downtown is slowly turning a corner and I'm all for that. I heard that they are trying to get a 4am liquor license for downtown, which would be huge. Thursday nights at El Cid are pretty fun downtown also.

keriann
11-12-2007, 11:07 PM
I came here to say Broadway Bar but Chris beat me. mf.

breakjaw
11-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Is Atomic Cafe still around?I used to like the one there and the one at the Mexican bar called Camper's Corner's.Both downtown LA dives...

Boourns
11-12-2007, 11:17 PM
Swinger's

But that's a CD jukebox. What about the best old school record jukebox? My family actually has one in storage, and I called dibs on it, but it needs repairs, and good luck finding an apartment that will let you have such a thing. I hear there's a place in Hollywood that has a machine that will punch a hole in those stupid 7" records with the pointless small holes so they'll fit inside a jukebox.

Ardentbiscuit
11-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh man, the atomic cafe has been gone for sooooo long.

It's been 2 other places since then, the troy cafe and now it's some kind of fish restaurant.

Anyone been to Miss T's Barcade?

Interesting place, lots of old video games, punch out, joust, gauntlet, asteroids, rampage, donkey kong, play pinball, Twilight Zone Pinball, Ms. Pacman and others. All set to a quarter.

Lots of 80's stuff around, Mr. Machine, lite brite. They also have a really extension diorama/homage to He Man and the Masters of the Universe on the Wall.

Here's the link to the myspace page..

http://www.myspace.com/miss_ts_barcade