PDA

View Full Version : Camping and Security

allthewayinchicago
11-12-2007, 10:25 AM
does your stuff get searched if you are camping?

i can't imagine security checking EVERYONE'S bags, coolers, etc., but just curious. i've never been to coachella, so i don't really know what to expect.

also, is it better to arrive at the camping site thursday (to beat the rush)?

if this has been answered before, i apologize in advance. i'm just too damn lazy to go through and read all these threads.

Courtney
11-12-2007, 10:35 AM
does your stuff get searched if you are camping?

i can't imagine security checking EVERYONE'S bags, coolers, etc., but just curious. i've never been to coachella, so i don't really know what to expect.

Officially, according to the onsite camping information page (http://www.coachella.com/visitors/onsite-camping): "All camping attendees are subject to search upon entry."

Unofficially, it really depends on when you check in and who is working.

also, is it better to arrive at the camping site thursday (to beat the rush)?

Yes.

amyzzz
11-13-2007, 08:45 AM
It's pretty damn crowded on Thursday--you might want to show up realllllly early on Friday morning, say 4am.

allthewayinchicago
11-13-2007, 09:14 AM
It's pretty damn crowded on Thursday--you might want to show up realllllly early on Friday morning, say 4am.

you're allowed to show up at any time if you are camping?

also, what's the deal with sunday? once the festival ends, you're not allowed to go back to the campsite, are you? i'm dreading an eight-hour drive to arizona on sunday... should i just look in to getting a hotel sunday night?

psychic friend
11-13-2007, 09:22 AM

also, what's the deal with sunday? once the festival ends, you're not allowed to go back to the campsite, are you? i'm dreading an eight-hour drive to arizona on sunday... should i just look in to getting a hotel sunday night?

oh wow, coachella.com

Early arrival is highly recommended, but still open through out the weekend to check in. That means it is ok to arrive anytime after it opens to check in. When we say "anytime" we mean all 24 hours of each day from when it opens.

Onsite camping....closes at 10am on Monday

BROKENDOLL
11-13-2007, 09:22 AM

I could hear he steady hum of vehicles heading to the campsite throughout the nite on Thursday. As far as having to pack up and go after the fest,I think you have until Monday afternoon to vacate the campsite. I worked out there at the Polo Club for like 3 years and it was always amusing to go see the camp area after the weekend. Takes them about 2 days to clean up all the misc. leftovers. (Tents, foam ice chests, and rave posters everywhere.)

allthewayinchicago
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
oh wow, coachella.com

Early arrival is highly recommended, but still open through out the weekend to check in. That means it is ok to arrive anytime after it opens to check in. When we say "anytime" we mean all 24 hours of each day from when it opens.

Onsite camping....closes at 10am on Monday

well, thank you for answering my incredibly stupid questions. i guess i prefer to get answers from people who have actually been there rather than an actual website :)

psychic friend
11-13-2007, 09:39 AM
just covering all the bases chap