PDA

View Full Version : texas carpool needed!

sparklingsporks
01-27-2007, 02:31 PM
2 great girls looking for someone to ride with! from houston but willling to drive in texas to meet you. just cant make the full drive.

Masciosare
01-28-2007, 03:37 PM
We're taking I-10 West to Indio. If you are from El Paso, its vicinity or anywhere in New Mex, Arizona, or Cali and wanna share, Also anyone who is willing to meet us here in El Paso and ease your expenses.

renegadeoffunk
01-28-2007, 03:49 PM
2 great girls looking for someone to ride with! from houston but willling to drive in texas to meet you. just cant make the full drive.

comin from Htown
who? what? where? when? etc.
sent you a message.

anthonyschmeck
01-29-2007, 06:55 AM
also leaving from houston. was thinking of flying, but would like to save some money if the logistics work out.

antoniob2408
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Me and my brother are trying to drive from Houston

Carlitos
01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Good luck, I already took the I-10 from Houston to LA, expect 26 hrs drive .. very nice, you can put up to 90 milles, it almost an empty road.

Masciosare
01-30-2007, 09:14 AM
We have an SUV and we'll leave sometime thursday morning and driving back monday morning. We are camping on site for the three days if you're interested you could drive here to El Paso and park your car in one of our houses (its safe) and we'll just share gas expenses and could drop you off at your hotel or wherever your staying. So far its only three of us, two dudes and a chick.

danielcampoverde@hotmail.
01-30-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm coming from Houston too

sparklingsporks
01-30-2007, 11:11 PM
anyone else?

psfisherman84
01-30-2007, 11:50 PM
while im not gonna give you a ride i am from houston and now live in palm springs if you need any help or have a question just email me at psfisherman84@yahoo.com

orbit
01-31-2007, 10:06 AM
I'd wish drive from houston, but i have finals on tuesday so Ill just book a flight and rent a car over there

farmer dan
01-31-2007, 01:24 PM
me and my friend are coming from baton rouge, louisiana. Is there anyone in texas who would be willing to meet up with us and let us carpool with you the rest of the way. We'll gladly help split gas expenses, its just that my car is a P.O.S. and prob. wouldn't make it out of louisiana, and my friends car is way too small for us to be able to take any of our luggage and food and what not. plus it would be a HUUUUUUUGE help in cutting down expenses for each of us. any kind takers???

zoinks
01-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Me and a buddy are renting a car and driving from Houston.......Looking for two others willing to split drive time and costs..........zoinks_09@yahoo.com

..::Leo::..
02-14-2007, 02:05 PM
Im in El Paso and no ride.... anyone has an empty seat???

syb0rz
03-06-2007, 01:18 PM
For anybody flying into LAX from Houston, my flight lands at 10:00am PST on Friday (Southwest Flight 789), I've got a rental car and looking for people who need a ride. Coming back to LAX early Monday. My flight leaves LAX at 11:25am

Havocquarm
03-06-2007, 01:23 PM
I'm driving solo in a ford focus from dallas, looking for potential fellow roadtrippers. I just want to make sure I'd get along with the people before agreeing to being in a car with each other for a 40 hour round trip.

RienOneTexas
03-06-2007, 02:17 PM
Me and my roomie are goin from ft worth! were leaving tues night, driving throught the night and staying the night in the grand canyon south rim just for the fuck of it, then thrs were making the drive to the campground. that drive shouldnt take too long. Then rock out!!!!!!

RienOneTexas
03-06-2007, 02:19 PM
were not going 10, i think it will be cooler, and no longer at all

Havocquarm
03-07-2007, 11:17 AM
So, what route are you taking and what is the aproximate driving time? The only reason I have for driving 10 would be a free place to stay in El Paso.

RienOneTexas
03-07-2007, 12:38 PM
http://a299.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/12/l_064bdc94d7a56f3102eec7bb0a28ba52.gif
1400 miles total, staying the night in the grand canyon, 22hr about

rainorshine
03-10-2007, 10:04 PM
1 girl leaving from austin willing to trade a ride for a camping pass and would like to know some people while i am there like my mama always said use the buddy system

jigawig
03-11-2007, 04:17 PM
im flying from san antonio, but am willing to drive depending on the company, when we leave, and who's car is taken...i cant take my car, but am willing to join anybody willing to pick me up from san antonio...if not, i will just fly and figure it out from there...any takers, let me know (asap, if possible, so i can cancel my flight)

aydans_mom
04-17-2007, 10:31 PM
anyone from Austin? so far i am travelling this alone...not really looking forward to it, my travelling companion can no longer make it..so, if anyone from austin wants to carpool, or those of you from Houston want to meet up please let me know. or if you are in El Paso, whatever works...I am leaving thurs. evening and coming back mon. morn it looks like. I have a camping pass so if that is your destination then perfect! I also have an extra camping pass and ticket for Sunday, am looking to trade it for a Saturday ticket...email me.. aydans_mom@yahoo.com

malcatrazz
04-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Me and a buddy are leaving wednesday morning from San Antonio. Leaving from PSP monday morning. Travelling I-10 all the way through. If anyone's interested in saving some cash and go ahead and email me.

Also, if anyone's interested in carpooling from palm springs to the festival we can accomodate up to two people as long as you're staying around e palm canyon dr. wouldn't mind winning vip tix for life even though it would only be for a couple of years.

Space_Monkey79
04-20-2007, 07:16 AM
There are 3 of us leaving from Austin on Thursday. Estimated departure will be approximately 7pm and we will be pulling the all nighter, so if anyone is interested in getting a little caravan together, by all means drop me a message. Also if anyone is interested in meeting somewhere en route, such as El Paso, just let me know.

acruz@grandecom.net

Carlitos
04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
try soutwest airlines, its 300 roundtrip from Houston to Ontario. It cheaper than paying gas for a roundtrip

JoeSunChaser
03-19-2010, 09:57 AM
We're taking I-10 West to Indio. If you are from El Paso, its vicinity or anywhere in New Mex, Arizona, or Cali and wanna share, Also anyone who is willing to meet us here in El Paso and ease your expenses.

dude what time are you all heading out and when? Im trying to find some other coachella bound peeps to caravan out that way. I also have 2 possibly 3 seats open if anyone wants/needs a ride.

enraho
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM
a friend and i are looking for a ride from el paso, hoping to leave on thursday but can arrange something. willing to split costs..
enraho@gmail.com

TomAz
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
tWLw7nozO_U

blackdog
04-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Hey, we're driving thru TX. Have space. For one person. Chill laid-back couple...

arechiga
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
I have 2 spaces available and leaving from austin

jm1982
04-11-2010, 12:36 PM
argh! i'm having trouble posting. so i've written this out like 5 times already.

here's the deal: a very chill girl and i are planning on driving to 'chella via i-10. but, i don't have the monies to pay for gas round trip in the boat that i drive. is there any way we could ride with someone? i'd pay more than our share, if necessary. just pm me. or here's my facebook: facebook.com/ryleymoore

Kenneth Brooker
04-11-2010, 02:43 PM
4 College students leaving from El Paso with room for 4 more on the way to Coachella along i-10. 3 guys and 1 girl, all the chillest people you'll ever meet.

If anyone needs a ride we're lookin to help! We'll drop you off wherever you need to be. all we ask is you help with the gas, or pay with goodies :P.

PM me if interested.
FB= Kenny Brooker

SkittL3s
02-19-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey, we're driving thru TX. Have space. For one person. Chill laid-back couple...

I live in San antonio and i am looking for a ride and a place to camp. I lived in Palm Springs for many years so i know teh area as well. My e-mail is Dzahariades@gmail.com

SkittL3s
02-19-2011, 09:17 AM
I have 2 spaces available and leaving from austin

Still got room i live In San Antonio, do you have a camp spot? Let me know! Dzahariades@gmail.com

Harrisment
02-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Still got room i live In San Antonio, do you have a camp spot? Let me know! Dzahariades@gmail.com

I might suggest checking the dates on those earlier posts. :)

kimmyyf
02-19-2011, 07:55 PM
Three Texans (2 guys, 1 girl/18-19 years old) headed from the Dallas area on I-10. If anyone has extra seats and car camping we could help pay for gas, or if anyone has a car camping pass and needs a ride we could be down for that too. Just looking to split costs and carpool to make everything easier.

mikebspeedracer
02-20-2011, 11:38 AM
Three Texans (2 guys, 1 girl/18-19 years old) headed from the Dallas area on I-10. If anyone has extra seats and car camping we could help pay for gas, or if anyone has a car camping pass and needs a ride we could be down for that too. Just looking to split costs and carpool to make everything easier.

I've drivin from fort worth to southern california and back about 10 times and what I've learned is you never want to go I-10. You will have to deal with border patrol bullshit for about 25% of the way and that will really slow you down. Also the I-40 drive is much more scenic and you never have anything that will slow you down the whole way. The 40 may seem a little longer but trust me you will end getting there a few hours faster and it is a way better drive. Also if you plan on bringing any "party favors" you will want to avoid the 10 at all costs. Going threw El Paso with "party favors" is possibly the scariest thing i have ever done. seriously fuck I-10!

mlant
02-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I've drivin from fort worth to southern california and back about 10 times and what I've learned is you never want to go I-10. You will have to deal with border patrol bullshit for about 25% of the way and that will really slow you down. Also the I-40 drive is much more scenic and you never have anything that will slow you down the whole way. The 40 may seem a little longer but trust me you will end getting there a few hours faster and it is a way better drive. Also if you plan on bringing any "party favors" you will want to avoid the 10 at all costs. Going threw El Paso with "party favors" is possibly the scariest thing i have ever done. seriously fuck I-10!

Definitely listen to MikeB. Going the I-10 route may seem like it will save you time, but it is not worth it. If at all possible, take the 40. The border patrol will hassle you, there are 5-6 stops along the way starting about 5 miles into New Mexico from El Paso. They have dogs at every stop and they have an uncanny ability to sniff out tiny quantities.

Plus, the 40 is a way more scenic route and the stops are better.

You have been warned my friends.

kimmyyf
02-21-2011, 06:07 AM
I personally take 10 because its something im familiar with. I've been as far as phoenix, is border patrol still bad continuing west from Phoenix?

mikebspeedracer
02-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Definitely listen to MikeB. Going the I-10 route may seem like it will save you time, but it is not worth it. If at all possible, take the 40. The border patrol will hassle you, there are 5-6 stops along the way starting about 5 miles into New Mexico from El Paso. They have dogs at every stop and they have an uncanny ability to sniff out tiny quantities.

Plus, the 40 is a way more scenic route and the stops are better.

You have been warned my friends.

seriously this guys not lying. get ready to have a bad start to your week if you take the 10. Plus you can stay at a few different nice places along the way on the 40 where Phoenix is the only place to stay on the 10 thats ok and its like 100 degrees there at night. there is no good reason to take the 10 so stick to the 40.

mikebspeedracer
02-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Also no border checks on the 40 except into california but that one doesn't have dogs and they only ask if you are bringing any plants or animals. All you have to do is say no and they let you pass. the 10 is full of border checks and once you pass the first one on the opposite side of the road there is now no way to turn around and get out or change roads to get around going threw a check point. If you pass a check point on the opposite side and are holding... you are Fucked. I'm done warning you If you want to take the chance and find out the hard way be my guest Im done warning you people.

nighteulogy
03-02-2011, 01:40 AM
There are only three checkpoints on I10 from Texas to California: Sierra Blanca Checkpoint right before El Paso, TX, I10 West Checkpoint right after Las Cruces, NM, and an Agricultural Checkpoint in Blythe, CA. No more, no less.

LouARdz
03-29-2013, 12:43 PM
What time are you guys leaving on Wednesday? My friend and I are leaving early wed. to arrive thursday by 6-7 am. We are car camping. Did it last year, had an amazing camping spot that was 3 streets away from the festival. If you guys want to drive with us, drive together or whatever let me know itd be nice to split up cost and have some people to camp with.

LouARdz
03-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Open spot for camping weekend one. Leaving Wed. am and returning sunday at 2am. It been done before and wouldnt change it. It two of us going and company would be great!

LouARdz
03-29-2013, 12:48 PM
My friend and I are leaving Wed. am to camp and arrive at indio by 6-7. lets us know if youd like to join. We plan on camping and taking a car where itd be 100 each if there is 4 of us. Let me know.
http://www.facebook.com/Lourdes.Angelique?ref=tn_tnmn

PTau89
03-30-2013, 06:09 AM
My friend and I are flying into LAX but camping for weekend 2, anyone wanting to start up a texas camp?

www.facebook.com/winnerchickendinner

nathan johnson
04-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi Texans!
My Australian friend and I are traveling to Austin following Weekend 2 and would love a lift there more than happy to pay for expenses!
Cheers,
nathan.johnson@students.mq.edu.au