PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed bands for 2008...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

bmack86
11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
We at UCLA are in talks with having Death Cab for Cutie play campus. Their agent told us that they would be able to play in late April, due to the fact that they are playing Coachella.

Booya

And, here's the list as of 5:00 PM PST, January 17th

The Breeders
Death Cab for Cutie
Goldfrapp
Spiritualized
Cold War Kids
Kid Sister
Sia
Hot Chip
VHS or Beta
Rabbit in the Moon
Dwight Yoakam
Heidi Vogel & The Cinematic Orchestra
Autolux
Markus Schulz
Simian Mobile Disco
Austin TV
Chromeo
Dredg
Kavinsky
Islands
Sons & Daughters
Animal Collective
Electric Touch
Duffy
Akron/Family
PJ Harvey
Booka Shade

(Taken from the last list posted. Lemme know what's right and wrong and I'll edit accordingly)

vinylmartyr
11-07-2007, 05:24 PM
Try booking Radiohead for late April.

bballarl
11-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Bryan, let's ask Jason Pierce about Coachella next week.

summerkid
11-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Nice to know.

leo01g
11-07-2007, 05:56 PM
We at UCLA are in talks with having Death Cab for Cutie play campus. Their agent told us that they would be able to play in late April, due to the fact that they are playing Coachella.

Booya

i thought bands couldnt do a show around LA if they did coachella?
just a thought

Tylerdurden31
11-07-2007, 05:57 PM
I shall attempt to talk to someone from Battles and A Place to Bury Strangers on Tuesday

bballarl
11-07-2007, 05:58 PM
I hope APTBS are there.

summerkid
11-07-2007, 06:01 PM
i thought bands couldnt do a show around LA if they did coachella?
just a thought

there are some loopholes but I think Peaches played UCLA around Coachella I'm sure Bmack can explain it better than i can though.

mvanwinkle
11-07-2007, 06:06 PM
o so sick. death cab puts on a good show. i was surrprised. becasue when i saw them i was not expecting that at all but it turned out to be really good

bmack86
11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
There are clauses to this. They are allowed to do campus shows as long as the show is free and restricted to the student body. In the contract we have to stipulate that the band will have no part in the advertisement of the show, that the show will not be advertised outside the confines of the campus, and that only students will be allowed into the show, with ID checks to verify their status. In exchange, they usually play for less than they would otherwise.

bmack86
11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Andrew, we will have to ask J. about Coachella. I'll also talk to A Place to Bury Strangers. We're working on booking them. I'll shoot an email Voxtrot's way as well, since we're in conversations with them right now.

wmgaretjax
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
i grew up seeing death cab at various small venues in seattle. I'm not big into their music, but they have matured into a band that plays really well together.

mvanwinkle
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
i saw voxtrot with arctic monkeys- voxtrot was ok at best

TickleMeElmo
11-07-2007, 06:14 PM
That totally reminds me that my friend is trying to book Chromeo, DJ Klever and Diplo to come up here, so I'll ask her to ask them if they are playing at Coachella.

Boourns
11-07-2007, 06:16 PM
there are some loopholes but I think Peaches played UCLA around Coachella I'm sure Bmack can explain it better than i can though.

And Broken Social Scene in 2004.

Too bad I didn't know who they were at the time. Emily Haines performed with them. Sigh. Well, it was Friday at noon and we were supposed to be on the way to Coachella by then, anyway. We ended up leaving later, naturally.

They tried to get Death Cab to play the back to school concert in 2005, I'm told, but decided it was too expensive and booked...I dunno, I think it was Thrice and either Xzibit or Common.

I'm told Ladytron and CSS played for pennies last year since those were "promotional performances"

I'm guessing this will be in Ackerman Grand Ballroom or the Tennis Center if ID checks are part of the deal.

menikmati
11-07-2007, 06:20 PM
I'm going to leave BoC a voicemail...

woogie846
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
I know Radiohead isn't confirmed, but I think they dropped a pretty big hint. They said they would start touring again in late April early May, and in larger venues.

Jerm05
11-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Aren't The Verve and My Bloody Valentine confirmed to reunite at Coachella 08

Edit: That's Been discussed in other threads i know, but still. Add them to the list

leo01g
11-07-2007, 07:10 PM
The National please

TickleMeElmo
11-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Aren't The Verve and My Bloody Valentine confirmed to reunite at Coachella 08

I would say that My Bloody Valentine are ALMOST confirmed, they keep having hints dropped here and there and are very heavily rumored.

The Verve IMO is just pure speculation.

On a side note, I know you guys aren't too crazy about them but someone from Pearl Jam said recently in an interview that they only have one show confirmed so far for 2008, which leads me to believe that it will be Coachella or Bonnaroo, preferably the latter. Not that I don't like them, I just think they fit Bonnaroo better. Then again, could just be some show at The Gorge or something, but it's a possibility

Cpt. Funkaho
11-07-2007, 07:13 PM
The National please

I know this might seem picky, but that looks like a request and this is a confirmations thread.

summerkid
11-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I would say that My Bloody Valentine are ALMOST confirmed, they keep having hints dropped here and there and are very heavily rumored.

The Verve IMO is just pure speculation.

On a side note, I know you guys aren't too crazy about them but someone from Pearl Jam said recently in an interview that they only have one show confirmed so far for 2008, which leads me to believe that it will be Coachella or Bonnaroo, preferably the latter. Not that I don't like them, I just think they fit Bonnaroo better. Then again, could just be some show at The Gorge or something, but it's a possibility

interesting, where did you hear this?

TickleMeElmo
11-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Here's the link. (http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=262001)

"Somebody asked him what’s next for the band and he said he didn’t really know. He said they’re on “hiatus,” but they have one show already booked for next year. He says eventually band members will start calling each other and get the itch to start working together again. He said Ed usually is the last one to come into the fold."

summerkid
11-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I would think Pearl Jam means no Radiohead...very good possibility this 2008 date is the Roo though.

Boourns
11-07-2007, 08:05 PM
I don't think Pearl Jam would be down with a 75-90 minute set, so I'm betting Bonnaroo.

summerkid
11-07-2007, 08:06 PM
I don't think Pearl Jam would be down with a 75-90 minute set, so I'm betting Bonnaroo.

was kind of thinking the same thing. Good for the Roo a lot of people will be really happy about that.

RotationSlimWang
11-07-2007, 08:09 PM
I really wouldn't object to Pearl Jam at Coach 08, particularly if it bumped Green Day or No Doubt out of their spots (as daftradioheadpunk had alluded to). I'm not the biggest Pearl Jam fan in the world by any means, but I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of their live show.

HOWEVER...

I would be a little bit disappointed to see Coach picking up Lolla's headliner from last year. I mean with RHCP it's different, they headline festivals practically every fucking year and they're always just a huge draw, so I can dig it even though I really don't care to see them, plus they were Coach's first. But it feels to me like Coach has gotten to the point where they should always be setting precedents with their headliners by this point. It might be kinda an impossible onus to be putting on Goldenvoice cause with a limited number of bands and so many festivals now that Coach has shown it can be done and done well in the US... I just kinda want Coach to always be shoving their dicks in the face of every other festival around.

summerkid
11-07-2007, 08:14 PM
Pearl Jam is huge though and regardless of whether or not Lolla had them last year is still a good "get" especially if its their only show in 2008. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like Pearl Jam at all.

luckyface
11-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Here's the link. (http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=262001)

"Somebody asked him what’s next for the band and he said he didn’t really know. He said they’re on “hiatus,” but they have one show already booked for next year. He says eventually band members will start calling each other and get the itch to start working together again. He said Ed usually is the last one to come into the fold."

The third post down, from the guy who posted the original story:

"I should have included that. Jeff DID say the show they booked next year is Bonaroo."

rage patton
11-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Why would Pearl Jam being there... mean no Radiohead? I could see both playing. Which would definately kick ass.

On a side note, I really want Battles there next year.

MarkO
11-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I'd be stoked to see PJ at Coach; As much if not more than if they scored Radiohead.

There are only so many bands that GV can reunite/reincarnate/rehab. Srsly. Outside of The Smiths, they've pretty much brought everyone in that they can. U2 don't do festivals and I've seen them 3x already. I'd like to see The Who / REM at Coach but I'm not sure GV would go for them.

TickleMeElmo
11-07-2007, 08:32 PM
The third post down, from the guy who posted the original story:

"I should have included that. Jeff DID say the show they booked next year is Bonaroo."

Ahhhh, nice catch, didn't bother to read the rest of the thread.

orbit
11-08-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm going to email the Holy Fuck.

And some breaks djs.

paulb
11-08-2007, 02:11 AM
Death Cab would be cool. id see them if no one else i perfer is playing. Saw them at Sasquatch 06 and they put on a really good set. Gotta love the Calgary shoutout in that song of theirs, I Will Follow You Into The Dark. I hope Pearl Jam dont do Coachella. Saw them at Lollapalooza and it was fuckin excellent, but that was enough for me. I want Coachella to be some new things that I havent seen. Verve, REM, Radiohead, Prodigy would make me the happiest guy ever.

bartelby
11-08-2007, 06:22 AM
HOWEVER...

I would be a little bit disappointed to see Coach picking up Lolla's headliner from last year. I mean with RHCP it's different, they headline festivals practically every fucking year and they're always just a huge draw, so I can dig it even though I really don't care to see them, plus they were Coach's first. But it feels to me like Coach has gotten to the point where they should always be setting precedents with their headliners by this point. It might be kinda an impossible onus to be putting on Goldenvoice cause with a limited number of bands and so many festivals now that Coach has shown it can be done and done well in the US... I just kinda want Coach to always be shoving their dicks in the face of every other festival around.

a big fat hairy - AGREED....

and, for the love of god, please don't let green day or no doubt anywhere near the polo fields. i'd actually be embarrassed to tell people who was headlining my favorite festival of the year if they were part of it.

luckyface
11-08-2007, 07:45 AM
If PJ is playing Bonaroo, there is no chance in hell they will be at Coachella next year.

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 08:00 AM
So...lets start the list:

DCFC (heard from management)
MBV (a bunch, but here is the main (http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/believe-it-or-not-my-bloody-valentine-reuniting-for-coachella-2008/) one)
Portishead (Daily Swarm (http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/believe-it-or-not-my-bloody-valentine-reuniting-for-coachella-2008/), Spin (http://www.spin.com/features/news/2007/10/071012_radiohead_muse/))
VHS or BETA (Scenester (http://thescenestar.typepad.com/ss/2007/10/vhs-or-beta-men.html))
Austin TV (link (http://cucharasonica.com/2007/10/03/austin-tv-al-coachella-2008/))

bmack86
11-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Good call. I would move MBV to Likely, rather than confirmed, even though my friend who works with their agent claims that it's 100%. That's a friend deal (like my friend at Capitol) so it's never solid.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Will Sheff told me that Okkervil River is playing Coachella just so he can meet ewiggy.

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Yeah, I agree...even though nothing on this list is really "confirmed" until we see the poster. Lets call this list "The list of bands that are probably going to play coachella 2008 that includes (un)credible sources that back up our notions"

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 08:19 AM
i will confirm radiohead ain't playing.. move on.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 08:20 AM
hahahaha yes!

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 08:23 AM

Well, Sasquatch it is!...I have always wanted to go to that festival anyways.

All That I Am
11-08-2007, 08:24 AM
aww

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 08:26 AM
mile high fest.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 08:28 AM
I can totally see Sasquatch pulling a Coachella 2004 ripoff and having The Cure (already confirmed) headlining one day and Radiohead headlining the other.

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I can totally see Sasquatch pulling a Coachella 2004 ripoff and having The Cure (already confirmed) headlining one day and Radiohead headlining the other.

as long as radiohead does a proper seattle date somewhere else as well.

and as long as they get a full set (which they are doing for the Cure right? so it shouldn't be a stretch).

Ardentbiscuit
11-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Does anyone know if Sasquatch is going to stay with the 2 day format?? I remember the year before it was a 3 day event with only 1 main stage on Friday.

Jerm05
11-08-2007, 08:50 AM

Stop breaking balls

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 08:50 AM
Does anyone know if Sasquatch is going to stay with the 2 day format?? I remember the year before it was a 3 day event with only 1 main stage on Friday.

I believe it is going to be sticking to the 2 day format. that's what I remember hearing last year.

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 08:53 AM

Regardless of whether Radiohead is there the lineup is going to own.

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Regardless of whether Radiohead is there the lineup is going to own.

how the fuck do you know that?

summerkid
11-08-2007, 09:00 AM

This is what I feared...

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 09:00 AM

history?

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 09:01 AM

has it never not owned?

consistency bitch!

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 09:06 AM
has it never not owned?

consistency bitch!

well, there are years I wasn't keen on. and I was a little underwhelmed with last year. but, your faith... is inspiring. I think this year has a lot of promise because of a lot of the mid-level bands that are touring and available. It's all up to GV to nab them (and not turn bands away because of profanity in their names. hint hint.)...

summerkid
11-08-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm starting to get a little concerned because I'm having a hard time thinking of headliners that they could get...pray that its not green day like daftradioheadpunk said.

vinylmartyr
11-08-2007, 09:15 AM
the police

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 09:17 AM
One of these things is not like the others:

Beck
RATM
Tool
Janes Addiction
Bjork
Oasis
Beastie Boys
RHCP
Radiohead
The Cure
Coldplay
NIN
Depeche Mode
Green Day

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 09:18 AM
haha, i vote green day

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Green Day or No Doubt at Coachella would really hurt my feelings

summerkid
11-08-2007, 09:21 AM
I sure don't hold RHCP in much more esteem than Green Day at this point in their career Stadium Arcadium is a fucking terrible album and so was By the Way.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Green Day or No Doubt at Coachella would really hurt my feelings

hahahhaah, i swear i said that same thing here at the office

captncrzy
11-08-2007, 09:28 AM
the police

HAHAHAHA

And "roxanne" should be the presale password again.

Jerm05
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm starting to get a little concerned because I'm having a hard time thinking of headliners that they could get...pray that its not green day like daftradioheadpunk said.

so he's the one that started this green day stuff?

...I don't think it will happen...its not gonna happen.

faxman75
11-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I think No Doubt would work on Saturday night. Same slot as the Chili Peppers last year and it would offend me a lot less than the peppers did.

I'm sure we'll end up with something more boring like the Foo Fighters though so we can all listen to Dave Grohl scream for 2 hours.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 09:33 AM
I think No Doubt would work on Saturday night. Same slot as the Chili Peppers last year and it would offend me a lot less than the peppers did.

I'm sure we'll end up with something more boring like the Foo Fighters though so we can all listen to Dave Grohl scream for 2 hours.

I could see No Doubt in that slot, but I think it would offend me more and I don't think the Foo Fighters are headliners.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 09:34 AM
(and not turn bands away because of profanity in their names. hint hint.)...

that is a false and dumb rumor..

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 09:37 AM
that is a false and dumb rumor..

whether it is true or not... I'm just sayin...

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 09:39 AM
she just said it was NOT true. so your not sayin' anything.

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 09:41 AM
I'm glad that Coach got DFcF, they'll be nice to see on the Main Stage around 6, maybe Friday.

And I'm probably the only person who'd want to see a reunited No Doubt, but it's not a big loss if they don't play Coach. *shrug*

summerkid
11-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I'm glad that Coach got DFcF, they'll be nice to see on the Main Stage around 6, maybe Friday.

I could care less about that. I've seen them and really wasn't a memorable performance.

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 09:44 AM
I got my O.C. soundtrack signed by them....

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
I could care less about that. I've seen them and really wasn't a memorable performance.

Well, that's great Dylan, (even though both times I've seen Death Cab they were fucking great) then again, I like my artists touring, rather than, you know, suffering from "anxiety problems", so don't go trying to break my balls, m'kay?

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 09:49 AM
she just said it was NOT true. so your not sayin' anything.

you should think before you post. i'm implying that regardless of the rumor, it is a band that should be considered for the line up.

think.

Jerm05
11-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I got my O.C. soundtrack signed by them....

haha...hell yea

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I saw No Doubt at one of those KROQ christmas deals when I was in high school and it was horrid.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Well, that's great Dylan, (even though both times I've seen Death Cab they were fucking great) then again, I like my artists touring, rather than, you know, suffering from "anxiety problems", so don't go trying to break my balls, m'kay?

I'm just in a bitchy mood because yesterday we found out that MBV is actually starting to look unlikely and today we find out no Radiohead and the Dcfc news isn't really good news considering its very possible they could be that band that gets third billing that has us scratching our heads because we didn't think they would be that high on the poster. Like the Decemberists/Arctic Monkeys this year and Bloc Party last year.

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 10:04 AM
I missed the news yesterday about MBV, what was it?

summerkid
11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003669599

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 10:06 AM
I'm just in a bitchy mood because yesterday we found out that MBV is actually starting to look unlikely and today we find out no Radiohead and the Dcfc news isn't really good news considering its very possible they could be that band that gets third billing that has us scratching our heads because we didn't think they would be that high on the poster. Like the Decemberists/Arctic Monkeys this year and Bloc Party last year.

yeah no Radiohead is bad news. they are the one band (non-reunion) that could pull me down from Seattle despite my debt, no questions asked.

Cpt. Funkaho
11-08-2007, 10:08 AM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003669599

Oh, balls.

kreutz2112
11-08-2007, 10:11 AM
hmm...well we will see.

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 10:25 AM

Right... Granted, let's look at DCfC vis a vis the other 3:

DCfC: Large west coast following, O.C. name dropping, MTV/VH1 exposure, Plans peaked at #4 on the Billboard charts, and it is a certified gold record.

versus

The Decemberists: Colbert Show exposure, Crane Wife was voted the top album by NPR in 06', and... not much else. Definitely not 3rd billed...

Arctic Monkeys: Really fucking over in England, Favourite Worst Nightmare sold 44,000 copies in it's first week here, 220,000 in England. Would make more sense UK-wise...

Bloc Party: Fucking hate Bloc Party. End of story.

So, as you see, it makes more sense, logic-wise, for DCfC to be billed 3rd or 4th from above. Plus, they're in the 400K bracket in the festival contest, so it makes sense that way as well.

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 10:25 AM

Since I read this I've been trying so hard not to say anything, but.....

FUCK!!

paulb
11-08-2007, 10:27 AM
No Radiohead!? Ive gotten my hopes up, now im really let down....whos gonna headline now?

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Slayer.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 10:29 AM
Well that's what I'm saying Lee wouldn't you rather have someone like Wilco in that slot? Especially if they aren't going to have strong headliners because for the life of me I can't think of one that fits the bill besides REM.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 10:30 AM

Wait, when did we find out that Radiohead WON'T be there?

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 10:31 AM
i said no radiohead months ago but nobody listens to me. its old news.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 10:32 AM
PF said so in this very thread.

scoop49er
11-08-2007, 10:32 AM
im thinking white stripes, chemical brothers, and radiohead..

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 10:34 AM
i said so a long time ago

Boourns
Damnit. Worst news ever.

Well, second-worst. Worst would be the MBV thing not happening.

paulb
im thinking white stripes, chemical brothers, and radiohead..

have you not been following this thread?

NO RADIOHEAD... :(

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 10:35 AM
RADIOHEAD WILL NOT BE PERFORMING AT COACHELLA 2008.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 10:38 AM
Somebody start a topic for this horrible news.

Oh well, I'm sure RHCP and Green Day will be even better.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 10:38 AM
lameness.

paulb
11-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Somebody start a topic for this horrible news.

Oh well, I'm sure RHCP and Green Day will be even better.

your post makes me wanna cry...dont say such a thing.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 10:40 AM
OMG band so and so has an album coming out they must be playing at coachella.. OMG likes day sayz they gonna tourz in april so they must be playing at coachella.. OMG my frend sayz he heard dat.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 10:41 AM
REM
No Doubt
Green Day

would be terrible...

Boourns
11-08-2007, 10:41 AM
How often do we get told 2-3 months early that a specific band isn't playing?

scoop49er
11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
ok im lost why is radiohead officially off the rumor list? sorry but im lost here.......

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Because she who's name we do not speak of said so

summerkid
lol. PF. an employee of Goldenvoice/moderator of this board says they will not be playing.

paulb
Id be happy with REM.....i still want Radiohead though.

Cpt. Funkaho
11-08-2007, 10:44 AM
ok im lost why is radiohead officially off the rumor list? sorry but im lost here.......

Because PF, the only person here who really knows what she's talking about with regard to who is/is not playing, said so.

She could be lying to us, but I trust her.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 10:45 AM
REM
No Doubt
Green Day

would be terrible...

R.E.M. would be epic. The rest would be terrible.

Actually, Green Day put on a rather good show when I saw them years ago. But it's one of those bands you kinda outgrow during the end of puberty. Saw No Dout when "Just a Girl" was breaking into local airwaves and they were awful. Gwen couldn't sing and kept trying to get the crowd to singalong to songs they didn't know.

Because PF, the only person here who really knows what she's talking about with regard to who is/is not playing, said so.

Yeah, if Dani says so, it has to be true, which is most unfortunate. No way would she lie to us like that, and the powers that be wouldn't want a negative lie like that going around. The positive ones are damaging enough.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM
REM is okay I guess, I have seen them before and could go without seeing again, looks like all of my "bring them to Coachella" effort will now transition to PORTISHEAD.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 10:46 AM
green day sucks.

Tylerdurden31
11-08-2007, 10:47 AM
OMG band so and so has an album coming out they must be playing at coachella.. OMG likes day sayz they gonna tourz in april so they must be playing at coachella.. OMG my frend sayz he heard dat.

wait....so Britney will be there?

ThomThom
Yeah Green Day is the fucking pits

Cpt. Funkaho
green day sucks.

Seconded.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 10:48 AM
This is the thread in which I use this font.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 10:50 AM
this is you guys logic on almost everything

Cpt. Funkaho
11-08-2007, 10:52 AM

To be fair, it's basically the only method other than waiting until late January (or, in your case, working for GV) which exists and is sometimes correct. We're impatient.

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Theres no way in hell Green Day is playing Coachella. If they did all respect for this "progressive, artsy, cutting edge" festival would be lost.

But then again this is the Corporate age, where all the things you trusted and loved and thought would never turn to the dark side pull an Anikin Skywalker and start slaying children on you. So who knows.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, that logic turned out to be true for Air, Blonde Redhead, Bjork, Jarvis Cocker, LCD Soundsystem, The Decemberists, etc last year.

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 10:54 AM

you can't blame people for speculating. there is no news on the GV front, and people get excited...

Boourns
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
It's like shaking wrapped Christmas presents and groping the boxes in an attempt to figure out what they are.

Anyone remember that episode of Webster when opening presents, he declared one to be a Michael Jackson record, but it was underwear? WTF is wrong with me if I remember that?

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 10:56 AM
you can't blame people for speculating. there is no news on the GV front, and people get excited...

seconded

paulb
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
can I still hope for Prodigy? :(

summerkid
11-08-2007, 10:58 AM
do they now go to the well a little bit earlier then they would like with NIN or Coldplay?

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 10:59 AM
IM SO EXCITED!

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 10:59 AM

Obviously PF is as disappointed as we are about this news, and all of her pent up frustrations about it are finally coming out. Who can blame her.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 11:01 AM
PULP AND TALKING HEADS ARE HEADLINING INSTEAD! OMG!

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 11:02 AM
How long of a drive is it from LA to George, Washington?

paulb
11-08-2007, 11:03 AM
who? meh.

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM
How long of a drive is it from LA to George, Washington?

well, it's about 18 hours straight from LA to Seattle, tack on an extra hour or two to get the George.

I would say between 18-20 hours if you don't hit traffic anywhere.

I've made most of that stretch a couple times (I drive everytime to Coachella), it can be fun, but it's hard after the festival.

Jerm05
11-08-2007, 11:08 AM

you can't knock our logic here...speculation and guessing is what this board is for in the Coachella offseason...unless you want more stupid threads that have nothing to do with the fest, lets continue our logic

luckyface
11-08-2007, 11:09 AM
I say GV only needs two headliners if they make one of the days "Reunion Day" so to speak. Throw MBV, Portishead, and the Verve (or whomever else would constitute a major 2nd tier reunion) at the top of the lineup, and I think that could replace the need to go to the well for a major headliner that would piss off many of the devotees (aka: Green Day).

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 11:13 AM
OMG BLUR AND BASEMENT JAXX! I BET. 4 SURE.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 11:15 AM

im not blaming anyone. i like reading the speculating. and yeah sure some guesses happen. but its just funny to read the absolute certainty some of you have with every single band in the world that you like if they have a record out or touring they must be at coachella. lol

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
QUIT BEING SO MEAN AND BLAMMING EVERYONE PF.

Jerm05
11-08-2007, 11:16 AM
im not blaming anyone. i like reading the speculating. and yeah sure some guesses happen. but its just funny to read the absolute certainty some of you have with every single band in the world that you like if they have a record out or touring they must be at coachella. lol

History?

amyzzz
11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
If Radiohead is not playing at Coachella, GV better throw in Portishead and the Smiths (ok, I'll take just Portishead). Goddamnit though, now I really need to start my Radiohead fund in earnest. I am very sad at this news.

orbit
11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
Basement Jaxx are so bad.

So, Radiohead could play Lolla or ACL?

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 11:18 AM

funny indeed. hey Dani, how much of a role do you have in seeking out and booking bands? is that part of your job at GV?

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I SINCERELY HOPE KYLIE MINOGUE IS THERE THIS YEAR. SERIOUSLY

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 11:25 AM
i have no interest in talent buying. zero. its horrid black mailing back stabbing work. I don't even need to make band suggestions because the boss goes after everything I could ever want as well as stuff I don't. lol.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 11:31 AM
who is the "boss" going after this year?

wmgaretjax
11-08-2007, 11:35 AM
i have no interest in talent buying. zero. its horrid black mailing back stabbing work. I don't even need to make band suggestions because the boss goes after everything I could ever want as well as stuff I don't. lol.

part of me thinks it would be an awesome job, but then reality sets in and I realize exactly how much of a pain in the ass it must be.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 11:38 AM
you can't knock our logic here...speculation and guessing is what this board is for in the Coachella offseason...unless you want more stupid threads that have nothing to do with the fest, lets continue our logic

Can all of my friends use the same camping ticket if we share a tent? Will there be food? How much is water? Bonnaroo goes on until 4am, why not Coachella? Why can't I have ins & outs? Can I bring in an ostrich? Breast milk? Bathtub meth? Poodles?

Boourns
11-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Basement Jaxx are so bad.

So, Radiohead could play Lolla or ACL?

Word. People need to get over Basement Jaxx already. Their set at Detour was...well, let's just say I left the front and decided my time would be better spent waiting in line to use the portapotty. "Where's Your Head At" was cool, though.

That'd be a huge betrayal if Radiohead played one of those mega-corporate festivals instead. But ACL is in September and that's when they traditionally tour the west coast, so maybe.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Can all of my friends use the same camping ticket if we share a tent? Will there be food? How much is water? Bonnaroo goes on until 4am, why not Coachella? Why can't I have ins & outs? Can I bring in an ostrich? Breast milk? Bathtub meth? Poodles?

This thread is right in line with those question threads. There are already 5+ confirmed bands 2008 threads.

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 11:42 AM
the boss goes after everything I could ever want

So youre saying that GV did go after Radiohead they just weren't successful, for whatever reasons? In that sense, what are you going to do? Radiohead thought it better to do another festival in the states this year. Que Sera Sera.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 11:44 AM
Theres no way in hell Green Day is playing Coachella. If they did all respect for this "progressive, artsy, cutting edge" festival would be lost.

But then again this is the Corporate age, where all the things you trusted and loved and thought would never turn to the dark side pull an Anikin Skywalker and start slaying children on you. So who knows.

Green Day > Coldplay

Green Day > Madonna

Green Day >> Daft Punk

edit: also, Green Day > Smiths

Green Day > NIN

and I'm really not all that fond of Green Day.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 11:47 AM
So youre saying that GV did go after Radiohead they just weren't successful, for whatever reasons? In that sense, what are you going to do? Radiohead thought it better to do another festival in the states this year. Que Sera Sera.

I think the problem is that Radiohead always insists on playing for Europe first. And again at the end of the tour. And playing Coachella would mean cutting those American pigs a break for once in their miserable lives.

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 11:50 AM
With all respect Tom:

Yes

No and

No

TomAz
11-08-2007, 11:53 AM
this is why you're still a lieutenant.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Wow, that was the worst > post ever.

downingthief
11-08-2007, 11:54 AM

Tom...seriously...Green Day over the Smiths?? Really? Wow...Shocked I tell ya.

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 11:56 AM

Im comfortable with that.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Smiths are the most overrated band in history ever. followed close behind by NIN.

Green Day plays simplistic music, yes. But there's nothing pretentious or overblown about it unlike those other dickwads. seriously. someone needs to gouge morrissey's eyes out and shove them up trent's bunghole.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Tom just because green day thinks they are stiff little fingers doesn't make them as good as stiff little fingers.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Tom,

I have never disagreed with you on just about anything ever...Your previous post hurt my feelings, Green Day Tom? Green Day?

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 12:00 PM
Smiths are the most overrated band in history ever.

seconded.

Even after the way you just did me. Always was confused about the fascination there.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Smiths are the most overrated band in history ever. followed close behind by NIN.

Green Day plays simplistic music, yes. But there's nothing pretentious or overblown about it unlike those other dickwads. seriously. someone needs to gouge morrissey's eyes out and shove them up trent's bunghole.

uh...American Idiot was both pretentious and overblown.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Morrissey sucks donkey balls.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Tom just because green day thinks they are stiff little fingers doesn't make them as good as stiff little fingers.

agreed. SLF = awesome. GD = ho hum. all those others i mentioned = suckey overblown crap of various mutations

Tom,

I have never disagreed with you on just about anything ever...Your previous post hurt my feelings, Green Day Tom? Green Day?

see above. to which I'd add that Billie Joe Armstrong coached my nephew's Tball team and is a really nice guy. and their music really isn't all that bad. It's not anywhere close to good, but it's not offensively awful. Unlike, say, the Smiths.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 12:05 PM
uh...American Idiot was both pretentious and overblown.

nah. it was three chord punk rock. just cuz it kind of had a theme doesnt' mean it's pretentious. "Rocket to Russia" had a theme too, and it's not pretentious.

seriously. how can you men with two testicles stand to listen to Morrissey?

Boourns
11-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Yeah, everything should be simple and dumb and nobody should ever try to do anything great.

But what their American Idiot album. "Oooo, we're saying something political (Bush=BAD) so now that makes us SERIOUS MUSICIANS!"

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 12:06 PM
The Smiths = Good

Morrissey (solo) = Horrid

djseth
11-08-2007, 12:06 PM
I JUST GOT SOME CRAZY NEWS FROM A REALLY RELIABLE SOURCE ABOUT A HEADLINER FOR COACHELLA 2008.... I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT HANSEN IS GOING TO BE OPENING UP FOR SMASHMOUTH THIS YEAR!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! HANSEN IS KICKING OFF THEIR REUNION TOUR WITH COACHELLA.... WE ARE SO LUCKY!!!

-Seth

TomAz
11-08-2007, 12:09 PM
I have tried to like the Smiths. I tried in the 80s and gave up, then I tried again when I started coming to this board and reading how influential they were to you young people. But they make me want to be an axe murderer. Even though Johnny Marr is this brilliant guy, they still make me want to chop up kittens and post pictures of it on the internet.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a personal problem.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 12:13 PM
yeah. my problem is I can't stand pretentious whiny fucks.

mvanwinkle
11-08-2007, 12:14 PM
I JUST GOT SOME CRAZY NEWS FROM A REALLY RELIABLE SOURCE ABOUT A HEADLINER FOR COACHELLA 2008.... I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT HANSEN IS GOING TO BE OPENING UP FOR SMASHMOUTH THIS YEAR!!!!! HOLY SHIT!!! HANSEN IS KICKING OFF THEIR REUNION TOUR WITH COACHELLA.... WE ARE SO LUCKY!!!

-Seth
shut the fuck up. if your going to make shit up and trying to be funny get your facts straight. hansen is currently on tour right now dick lick.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:15 PM
yeah. my problem is I can't stand pretentious whiny fucks.

the truth.

mvanwinkle
11-08-2007, 12:18 PM
j$$ grandma better be thanking you for these large font sizes.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
j$$ grandma better be thanking you for these large font sizes.

lol that was good.

Courtney
11-08-2007, 12:20 PM
On the ignore list in under 15 posts. That may be a new record.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I miss grandma. I hope she is doing well. We were suppose to start our wheel watchers club soon, but the whole thing with her cats.

mvanwinkle
11-08-2007, 12:22 PM
what happens when you put people on the ignore list? their post jsut dont show up for you any more? ive never had the balls to put any one on the list

mvanwinkle
11-08-2007, 12:23 PM
grandmas poor cats..

amyzzz
11-08-2007, 12:35 PM
The Smiths got me through high school without killing myself. Not only were they brilliant musically, but lyrically, Morrissey saved my life because I felt like he was going through the same thing I was, being shy and miserable and lonely.

That is why the Smiths were so important to me. I don't need that as much anymore, but if there is ever a Smiths reunion, I'm so there.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 12:36 PM
The Smiths got me through high school without killing myself. Not only were they brilliant musically, but lyrically, Morrissey saved my life because I felt like he was going through the same thing I was, being shy and miserable and lonely.

That is why the Smiths were so important to me. I don't need that as much anymore, but if there is ever a Smiths reunion, I'm so there.

that's my point. you were a pubescent girl. he was a grown man. I want to run him through the woodchipper.

Boourns
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Amy, according to the caveman code, men aren't allowed to talk about feelings, let alone have them. It makes them homos, and they must be punished with violence.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
that's my point. you were a pubescent girl. he was a grown man. I want to run him through the woodchipper.

No Tom. Morrissey is still a pubescent girl.

captncrzy
11-08-2007, 12:41 PM

I'm becoming more and more convinced you're Pineapple Pete in disguise

Because she who's name we do not speak of said so

Sasha you crack me up

She has no reason to lie-she's never done it before. If it were true, she simply wouldn't say anything.

It's like shaking wrapped Christmas presents and groping the boxes in an attempt to figure out what they are.

Anyone remember that episode of Webster when opening presents, he declared one to be a Michael Jackson record, but it was underwear? WTF is wrong with me if I remember that?

My grandma gave me a Michael Jackson sweater once. I never wore it.

what happens when you put people on the ignore list? their post jsut dont show up for you any more? ive never had the balls to put any one on the list

Yeah, it just says that so-and-so posted a message but that they are on your ignore list so you don't have to look at it.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:44 PM
The ignore button works famously.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Amy, according to the caveman code, men aren't allowed to talk about feelings, let alone have them. It makes them homos, and they must be punished with violence.

I think I am being quite open and honest about my feelings about the Smiths.

Morrissey's range of "feelings" was one note: whiny self-pity.

Tylerdurden31
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Smiths are the most overrated band in history ever.

yes...I really don't get it...I've tried to get it too. Everyone says..."he's being satirical most of the time." That's not an excuse for crap music.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
hand jobs

Tylerdurden31
11-08-2007, 12:46 PM
hand jobs

OMG BOWIE?!!!!

or just hand jobs...I'd take either

TomAz
11-08-2007, 12:48 PM
does that mean that PF has just confirmed that Bowie is headlining Coachella 2008? Cuz that would be incredible. OMG!!!!11!

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:50 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OGm OGGGGMMMM MMMGGGGGOOOODDDD!!!

summerkid
11-08-2007, 12:50 PM
http://www.bbzpics.com/albums/ASCII/LOLLERCOASTER.gif

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I dont like morrissey I must beat people up and be a caveman and hate feelings.

mvanwinkle
11-08-2007, 12:52 PM
j$$ i think you should make the big font an official trade mark of you. it fits.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:53 PM
only in this thread. we must all type in this font gootimes OMGGGGGGGGGG HANDGOBS!

mvanwinkle
11-08-2007, 12:54 PM
big fonts make everything funnier.

betao
11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Greenday? at Coachella?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/funny-pictures-bird-cat-cage.jpg

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 12:56 PM
BOWIE HANDJOBS!!!!!!

luckyface
11-08-2007, 01:00 PM
hand jobs

A reunited Tin Machine??! Yes! Coachella 2008 = the Year of the Reunion

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 01:01 PM
PF,

If Bowie is coming to Coachella then I apologize for my comment about you bieng frustrated that Radiohead is not playing. Clearly your frustrations were based on the fact that you couldn't tell us something even bigger was happening.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
YES BY PF POSTING "HAND JOBS" BOWIE WILL BE PREFORMING AT COACHELLA 2009!

breakjaw
11-08-2007, 01:02 PM
If Green Day were to indeed play,I wouldn't be heartbroken.I would get the opportunity to bring my son to his first Coachella (he's 10).I've seen Green Day once at Warped (the year Weezer played also) and narrowly missed them at Lollapallooza.They are fun band to see live,much,much better now than the RHCP.I enjoyed their version of We Are The Champions on Live 8 and they were pretty good on that Skids cover with U2 as well.
No Radiohead is sad news.No MBV would be equally sad.One of us would have to talk Andrew off the ledge...
EDIT I just noticed the handjobs post while I was typing this.This news would eradicate any leftover hostilities lingering from Tool and Madonna.

breakjaw
11-08-2007, 01:05 PM
I think Grandma went out with Bowie back when she was a man.

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:23 PM
Bowie is lame.

summerkid
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Bowie is lame.

you're lame.

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
how did I know that was gonna come...

summerkid
11-08-2007, 01:26 PM
because Bowie is a god.

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:31 PM
When I went to Lollapalooza this year, I stayed at the apartment of a huge Bowie fan and all she could do was talk about how amazing he is and show me his videos and documentaries on his fuckin teeth and showme a million photos of the dude, i could care less about. So now, im officially anti Bowie, cause of this one woman ruining it for me.

bartelby
11-08-2007, 01:32 PM
just wait till you get a hand job from him - its all worth it after that

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:34 PM
what did PF saying hand jobs have to do with Bowie?

summerkid
11-08-2007, 01:35 PM

free Bowie hand jobs duh.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Bowie is lame.

Says the guy with BON JOVI on his upcoming shows list

TomAz
11-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Bowie is lame.

http://blogs.menupages.com/mt/boston/dunce.gif

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Says the guy with BON JOVI on his upcoming shows list

I got those tix as a gift for someone Im going with. Since when was Bon Jovi lame?

Boourns
11-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Since the day everyone outside of New Jersey stopped wearing acid washed jeans and mullets.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 01:40 PM
Since when was Bon Jovi lame? hahahahahahaha omg so awesome

summerkid
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
I would say something but I don't really feel like piling on and really J$$$ and Boourns said it best.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Since when was Bon Jovi lame?

Since Aqua Net went out of style

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:42 PM
ive got nothing against the dude or music.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Well it makes sense now Paul, you don't like David Bowie but you like Bon Jovi...Think about it

ThomThom
Anything?

ThomThom
Keep thinking...

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
I wouldnt go to a Bon Jovi show cause Im a fan...im buying as a birthday gift tix to Bon Jovi for a fan.... get over it. It wouldnt be the worst show ive seen.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
YOU GOT SIG'D MOTHAFUCKA

Lt. Dangel
11-08-2007, 01:48 PM
At least its not Goo Goo Dolls.

Just looking at that guy pisses me off (honestly makes me irate..its weird).

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Or Creed

paulb
11-08-2007, 01:51 PM
YOU GOT SIG'D MOTHAFUCKA

haha. thank you. no, thats actually really funny. Regardless of whos playing, should be entertaining... Just remember me when I add Celine Dion 10/20/08 to my upcoming events.....jk

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 02:02 PM
The Smiths = Good

Morrissey (solo) = Horrid

Fuck, I think I just agreed with ThomThom, especially after the Embarcadero show... *goes back to ignoring him*

Seriously, though, Tom, Morrissey only has the tone of self-pity? If you can't catch the sarcasm evident in Morrissey's Smiths lyrics, then it's your loss... But Green Day? That's fucking egregious...

I think some of you are blowing this way out of proportion. The fact is, Radiohead's going to be doing a solo tour and hit up the States anyway, as well as get the kind of set length that Coachella parameters don't allow (again, why Radiohead will play Bonnaroo this year). When Portishead and MBV get fully taken off the rumor block... then that's cause for worry...

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 02:35 PM
IM SO WORRIED. IM GOING TO PUT ON SOME MORRISSEY TO QUELL MY FEARS.

Bosco
11-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Coachella 2008, has been canceled due to Coachella fan assumption overload.

TomAz
11-08-2007, 02:38 PM
The Smiths got me through high school without killing myself. ... Morrissey saved my life because I felt like he was going through the same thing I was, being shy and miserable and lonely...That is why the Smiths were so important to me.

If you can't catch the sarcasm evident in Morrissey's Smiths lyrics, then it's your loss...

Sounds like revisionist history to me, PT.

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 02:38 PM
IM SO WORRIED. IM GOING TO PUT ON SOME MORRISSEY TO QUELL MY FEARS.

I don't think even he can help you...

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Only if you say so....

xGyyB9OU66s

DesertRat
11-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Queens of the Stone Age will be there this year. It's confirmed. Believe it.

scoop49er
11-08-2007, 02:50 PM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

we're halfway there.................

sing along time!!! :)

rage patton
11-08-2007, 02:51 PM
A little late I know...

But I will pretty much shit a chicken if that happens. I am going to Sasquatch definately this year. I returned my tickets to the Cure in Vancouver. So no matter who else is at Sasquatch this year, I am going.
But holy shit... if it is Radiohead...

Boourns
11-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Fuck, I think I just agreed with ThomThom, especially after the Embarcadero show... *goes back to ignoring him*

Seriously, though, Tom, Morrissey only has the tone of self-pity? If you can't catch the sarcasm evident in Morrissey's Smiths lyrics, then it's your loss... But Green Day? That's fucking egregious...

I think some of you are blowing this way out of proportion. The fact is, Radiohead's going to be doing a solo tour and hit up the States anyway, as well as get the kind of set length that Coachella parameters don't allow (again, why Radiohead will play Bonnaroo this year). When Portishead and MBV get fully taken off the rumor block... then that's cause for worry...

Pearl Jam is already playing Bonnaroo, and I doubt they will book two big "alternative" headliners because that would mean either no jam headliner or no "classic" headliner.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
wY5qnd1stnM

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Fine, Sasquatch, sheesh, if you wanna split hairs...

rage patton
11-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Pearl Jam is already playing Bonnaroo, and I doubt they will book two big "alternative" headliners because that would mean either no jam headliner or no "classic" headliner.

Woh... where is it confirmed Pearl Jam are playing Bonnaroo. I still think its possible they play coachella.

And for the record, I agree with J-$$$.

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Go a few posts back and it says something about Pearl Jam being confirmed for one show next year, and logic dictates Bonnaroo over Coachella, especially given the Lollapalooza show...

Also, agree with him on what?

amyzzz
11-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Bowie would be cool, but I would much prefer Radiohead, The Smiths, and Portishead to Bowie. I've seen Bowie live 3 times (NIN opened). I've seen The Smiths not at all, Portishead once, and Radiohead, well, I can't get enough of Radiohead.

J~$$$
11-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Morrissey feels my feelings. Won't you fill my needs GV. 6nAMFWDuDEI

amyzzz
11-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Exactly.

bmack86
11-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Dude, Bon Jovi pisses me off more than anything else in the world. More than Creed, more than backed up traffic, more than stupid people taking forever to use the ATM. Bon Jovi is the worst thing that's ever happened to my ears.

ThomThom
11-08-2007, 04:12 PM
bmack you give love a bad name

bmack86
11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
That makes me want to punch you in the face. Just the reference.

miscorrections
11-08-2007, 04:29 PM
In case anyone was wondering, bmack is slippery when wet.

djseth
11-08-2007, 04:31 PM
SMASHMOUTH!

amyzzz
11-08-2007, 05:11 PM
C A R D I G A N S !

bmack86
11-08-2007, 05:12 PM
http://www.famouschicken.com/_images/Chicken_Baby_Large.jpg
That's how Bon Jovi makes me feel.

captncrzy
11-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Jon Bon Jovi is way more of a pretentious arrogant asshole than Morrissey is.

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 06:47 PM
i will confirm no bon jovi for coachella

bmack86
11-08-2007, 06:48 PM
If they ever play...
http://www.watchinggreysanatomy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/fonzie_jumps_the_shark.png