PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed bands for 2008...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

luveebunni08
01-10-2008, 09:38 AM
why not? i saw a few bands at the festival and a few days before or months after. besides, i'm sure everyone in LA doesn't go to coachella. there's a lot of people who'll probably hang back and see bands they want to there and not go to the festival.

oooduga
01-10-2008, 09:41 AM
I agree with you about the band preference part. Also, I think music fans that are fans of bands such as Islands and that live in southern california are going to go to coachella. I just think ticket sales would suffer by at least 40%-50%.

yea that is true ticket sales would be hurt some for sure.

has anyone seen a live islands show if so how were they?

sddoctor
If not the monday night some time around there.

Also i believe Ed Banger (w/justice) did something at the echoplex that monday.

The echoplex on the Monday after Coach '07 had Justice, Busy P, DJ Mehdi & MSTRKRFT, as well guest appearances by Peaches and Spank Rock. The next day at the echoplex Soulwax played. So, it's not entirely out of the question for Islands. MY bet is that they are playing Coach.

kreutz2112
there's a lot of people who'll probably hang back and see bands they want to there and not go to the festival.

where?

starrdogg
01-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Man I really hope that's the case, cause up till now I don't see one reason to shit my pants over the line up.

Well, to be fair, there have only been 19 confirmed acts thus far for this year, and most of those are bottom of the poster acts (with the exception of The Breeders, Death Cab, Goldfrapp and Spiritualized, plus a few other likelies like The Verve, Portishead, Hot Chip, Malkmus, Simian Mobile Disco.) Last year, there were 119 bands/artists on the poster, so I think we should just be patient and see what Goldenvoice has in store for us, there are still 100 or so more bands to be announced.

sddoctor
01-10-2008, 09:43 AM

I saw them open for Beck a few years back, I thought they were really good. Can't wait to see them again!

luckyface
01-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I think it would be partially impacted, but I think a great Coachella performance could increase numbers for the show as well. Not only will you get those people who didn't have a chance to make it to Coachella or chose to see some other act because of a conflict, but you could win over new fans who would want to see a full performance.

I would have seen the Teddy Bears here right after Coachella if I didn't have a conflict that day, based solely on their awesome Coachella performance.

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
well that is a good point. I hope islands is there.

bartelby
01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
overall i must say that i'm impressed how few 'big' leaks there have been for this year...

i really have no idea who will headine (still hoping for Radiohead though)

bartelby
01-10-2008, 09:48 AM
I would have seen the Teddy Bears here right after Coachella if I didn't have a conflict that day, based solely on their awesome Coachella performance.

the Teddybears just popped up on my shuffle as this post came up - perfect...

in hindsight i think they were my highlight last year

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 09:48 AM
overall i must say that i'm impressed how few 'big' leaks there have been for this year...

uh...Spiritualized is pretty big. They will be on the second line of the poster, as will DCFC.

KungFuJoe
01-10-2008, 09:53 AM

saw them twice. First time they opened up for METRIC at the Fonda. Never heard of them before, but there performance one me over. Especially when Busdriver & Subtitle took the stage with them.

Saw them headline at the Fonda nearly a year after that and after one of the founding members apparently left the band. They sucked ass.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I think it would be partially impacted, but I think a great Coachella performance could increase numbers for the show as well. Not only will you get those people who didn't have a chance to make it to Coachella or chose to see some other act because of a conflict, but you could win over new fans who would want to see a full performance.

I wish I could have seen the Teddys...I heard great things about their performance...

luckyface
01-10-2008, 10:24 AM
I guess I really need to hear more from Spiritualized. I didn't realize they were this big. I just heard one song and I wasn't a huge fan. Perhaps more research is needed.

Based on the "confirms" that we have thus far, I have done a little listening research on the list. Of the bands that I had never really listened to before, I have been very impressed with Austin TV, Autolux and Chromeo.

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Just go listen to "Ladies and Gentleman We are Floating in Space".

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 10:27 AM
I've heard that Run Run Run song. That's it. It's a decent song.

ArcadeParade
01-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Islands are awesome, would be a must see

starrdogg
01-10-2008, 11:07 AM
uh...Spiritualized is pretty big. They will be on the second line of the poster, as will DCFC.

DCFC and The Breeders will likely be second-liners, but not Spiritualized, they're probably for the 3rd line.

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
What line was Spiritualized on for the '99 poster?

edit: nm, I checked, and they were on line 4 of the 99 poster that lumped all the bands together. Not sure what line they were on the for the poster that separated bands into 2 days

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 11:37 AM
DCFC and The Breeders will likely be second-liners, but not Spiritualized, they're probably for the 3rd line.

Really? I think they are second line worthy.

luveebunni08
01-10-2008, 12:40 PM

i agree on both. i think my head will pop when the lineup is released. whatever bands play i'm sure i won't be disappointed.

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 12:43 PM
It's nice to have this cemented

The Breeders:

03-05-08 Toronto, Ontario - Canadian Music Week
03-12-16 Austin, TX - SXSW
04-07 Dublin, Ireland - Vicar Street
04-08 Glasgow, Scotland - ABC
04-09 Leeds, England - Metropolitan University
04-10 Nottingham, England - Trent University
04-12 Sheffield, England - Leadmill
04-13 Birmingham, England - Academy 2
04-14 Manchester, England - Academy 2
04-16 London, England - Koko
04-25-27 Indio, CA - Coachella Valley Music Festival

Ritestyl
01-10-2008, 12:47 PM
It's nice to have this cemented

The Breeders:

03-05-08 Toronto, Ontario - Canadian Music Week
03-12-16 Austin, TX - SXSW
04-07 Dublin, Ireland - Vicar Street
04-08 Glasgow, Scotland - ABC
04-09 Leeds, England - Metropolitan University
04-10 Nottingham, England - Trent University
04-12 Sheffield, England - Leadmill
04-13 Birmingham, England - Academy 2
04-14 Manchester, England - Academy 2
04-16 London, England - Koko
04-25-27 Indio, CA - Coachella Valley Music Festival

just noticed that too...
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/47905-the-breeders-announce-first-tour-in-like-forever

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
The Breeders will be loads of fun....

PassiveTheory
01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Spiritualized is definitely worthy of the slot Air or The Decemberists were given last year.

Same goes for Portishead, really.

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 12:51 PM
I hope Spiritualized and Portishead do NOT play the Outdoor Theater.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
Spiritualized and Portishead need night spots.....

Ritestyl
The Breeders will be loads of fun....

Weird they are doing SXSW too before Coachella... GV better have some tricks up their sleeve

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Weird they are doing SXSW too before Coachella... GV better have some tricks up their sleeve

Boards of Canada is coming...they told me so....

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 01:49 PM
I hope Spiritualized and Portishead do NOT play the Outdoor Theater.
Main Stage, subheadliner spot, 2 separate nights.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Main Stage, subheadliner spot, 2 separate nights.

Main Stage, subheadliner spot, 2 separate nights=Epic...

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 01:53 PM
We can't be made to choose between Portishead and Spiritualized, methinks.

C DUB YA
01-10-2008, 02:11 PM
I guess I really need to hear more from Spiritualized. I didn't realize they were this big. I just heard one song and I wasn't a huge fan. Perhaps more research is needed.

Based on the "confirms" that we have thus far, I have done a little listening research on the list. Of the bands that I had never really listened to before, I have been very impressed with Austin TV, Autolux and Chromeo.

They are great - although I don't consider them all that "big"

They killed it at Coachella 99, right before Underworld!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 02:15 PM
We can't be made to choose between Portishead and Spiritualized, methinks.

some fools will have to be shot if that is the case....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 02:16 PM
They are great - although I don't consider them all that "big"

They killed it at Coachella 99, right before Underworld!

Underworld + Spiritualized = FUCKING EPIC.....

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 02:44 PM
What day was that? I think I was watching Lamb on the Saturday night, but we left early Sunday in '99....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 02:45 PM
:::::sigh::::: Lamb.....

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Tell me about it.

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
was Lamb bad?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 02:50 PM
was Lamb bad?

Incredible from what I heard...it is the only Coachella I never went to....

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 02:52 PM
oh I thought you were sighing because they were so bad. I have never seen them live, but I like their albums.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 02:53 PM
oh I thought you were sighing because they were so bad. I have never seen them live, but I like their albums.

too bad they broke up....

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 02:55 PM
amy, so lamb was good?

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Lamb were fucking AMAZING. Easily in my top 10 concerts EVER. They had a great vibe going with the audience, great energy in that tent.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
Lamb were fucking AMAZING. Easily in my top 10 concerts EVER. They had a great vibe going with the audience, great energy in that tent.

There you go Kruetz....

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I think C Dub Ya might have been there too, so he can vouch for it.

PassiveTheory
01-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Someone needs to toss money Lamb's way so they can reunite for those of us who were too young to see them...

Sushov23
01-10-2008, 03:24 PM
Seriously, LAMB would be cool

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 03:28 PM
Why the filth have we not made more calls for Lamb? Well, it is probably too late now but Lamb @ Coach 08!

reverb
01-10-2008, 03:37 PM
ah, nice to see lamb getting some love in 2007.

i was fortunate enough to see them 3 times (el rey / viper room / 'chella) and each was beautiful in it's own way...but i have to admit the magic in that tent was palpable. i still have the image in my head of turning my back to the stage for a moment and just soaking in the sight of that crowd in a way i have never experienced before or since. it was truly moving.

sorry if the thread's strayed a bit...but i just had to give the board thanks for bringing me back there.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 03:38 PM
No no no, your insight on Lamb was most appreciated....

Alchemy
01-10-2008, 04:21 PM
I would consider Spiritualized pretty damn big. I think it would take a lot to throw them off the second line. I mean, if we have a Coachella where Spiritualized is on the third line, than we probably are going to have a really great Coachella.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I think with what we know it is already shaping up to be a pretty good one.....

Alchemy
01-10-2008, 05:04 PM
I think with what we know it is already shaping up to be a pretty good one.....

This is true. I'm just worried about the headliners, but I've wanted to see Spiritualized for such a long time.

microlovebeat
01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
for me, it's really gonna blow if my bloody valentine isn't there.

woogie846
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Islands are playing the Fonda April 29th.

Just sayin...

PassiveTheory
01-10-2008, 06:11 PM
You're just saying what's already been discussed about in the thread.

Moving on...

xbnmx
01-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Can someone post an updated list of confirmed, partially confirmed, and likely bands?

ficklecycle
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Too lazy to search?

PassiveTheory
01-10-2008, 06:30 PM
http://avoision.blogspot.com/

Here, use Boourns' blog, B.

woogie846
01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
You're just saying what's already been discussed about in the thread.

Moving on...

I just found out about this today.

Damn I'm slow...

PassiveTheory
01-10-2008, 06:33 PM
It's okay, sorry about being a dick to you about it, it's just like a page or two back.

suprefan
01-10-2008, 06:35 PM
Looks like this (supposedly)

The Breeders
Death Cab for Cutie
Goldfrapp
Spiritualized
Cold War Kids
Kid Sister
Sia
Hot Chip
VHS or Beta
Rabbit in the Moon
Dwight Yoakam
Heidi Vogel & The Cinematic Orchestra
Autolux
Austin TV
Chromeo
The Verve
Dredg
Islands
Sons & Daughters

kreutz2112
01-10-2008, 06:37 PM
portishead
simian mobile disco
cut copy
Akron Family
Duffy

thelastgreatman
01-10-2008, 06:56 PM
So tonight Menikmati (Erik to the fellow cognoscenti) and I got together and had a very serious discussion of what the headliners are going to be. I am sad to have to admit that even I recognize Zep probably ain't happening, not because they're playing Bonnaroo though, which is okay. Just as long as Roo doesn't get them I don't mind so much. So here's what we came up with:

Coldplay very very likely, 80 percent chance. Paul loves them, Coach loves having one first concert from a major band in several years (Tool, NIN, The Cure). Guaranteed sellout day, and a good show to trip to which I'm okay with even though it's a little wussy.

No Doubt also about 80 percent likely, as it would satisfy the mandatory big reunion get (even though they're not our cup of tea), plus they fulfill the So Cal favorite requirement (see RHCP, Rage, Tool), and again a guaranteed sell out day.

Now we have the difficult question--what hard rock act closes out the fest?

NIN--that would work, but if Nails plays then Coldplay is too 2005 redux, so that would mean a change in that placement.

Pearl Jam--possible, they're a quality live show, and with the reunion quotient filled via No Doubt and first performance in several years filled via Colday, Sunday wouldn't have to be the biggest surprise act just a really awesome live show which PJ is.

STP--I'd love it, another killer way to close the fest if they played all older stuff, plus a nice get.

Soundgarden--maybe, though no real rumors. Been broken up for so long and they do rock so hard that it might cap things off nicely.

The White Stripes--Meg has to be getting better by now, it'd be a nice get since the tour was cancelled, but they're a bit minimalist to close out.

G n R--pipedream of course, but failing Zep this would be an awesome bitchslap to every other fest, assuming Axl has actually finally finished Chinese Democracy (supposedly to come out in 2008, like every other year this millenium). Unlikely though for many other reasons, mostly Axl being a dick and stuff.

Zep--I still say this should have been Coach's move and I think they could've done it. I'm holding out hope, but it's looking bleaker. This would be the one that would seem most Coachella Owned 2008 to me.

So to recap: Coldplay and No Doubt very likely if they have a good Sunday hard rock in place, but if Sunday is Nails then Coldplay probably would be switched with Pearl Jam or White Stripes (or one of the highly speculative reunion/unlikely other acts).

And that's my official breakdown for now. I'm prepared to suck all your cocks if Zep isn't on the lineup. This will transpire at the same rendezvous where I kick the shit out of most of the board because they don't like Batman enough. After I fuck those individuals up I'll just claim I came through on my BJ promise while they were unconscious.

All in all, not that bad guys. MBV can play Outdoor stage opposite No Doubt with a decent act in the Sahara so none of us mind all the hot little girls walking around. [EDIT: Erik noted that he believes MBV will play Coachella Stage--I was just tacking on these reassurances off-the-cuff]

Coldplay is wuss but they have a great lightshow and maybe Underworld will play against them if they're not your bag. [ERIK EDIT: Underworld will headline Sunday in Sahara]

Somewhere in the weekend Portishead is going to put on one of my favorite drug experiences ever judging by the bootleg.

ShyGuy75
01-10-2008, 06:59 PM
And you didn't discuss Radiohead, the most obvious choice?

Can I have some of that kool-aid?

thinnerair
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I really doubt any of those band mentioned would play, let alone headline.
No Doubt isn't a headliner for Coachella. Soundgarden wouldn't be a draw to headline. GNR is not happening. STP is unlikely just yet and also couldn't headline this sort of festival. Maybe they could headline the 'MONSTERS OF CORPORATE BUTT-CORE" or something but they're certainly not doing Coachella.

I expect either a great headliner or something really crappy.
I actually think REM is going to be there one day this year. I really do.

thelastgreatman
01-10-2008, 07:08 PM
REM has announced two other festivals already, that's not how Coach headliners work from what I've noticed.

GV would take No Doubt in a heartbeat. They're a So Cal act, it's a high-profile reunion, guaranteed sell out and lots of press coverage, much like Rage. They were kinda an indie act in the beginning in the respect that they came with a punk-ish aesthetic, and they've sold a shitload of records. GV would take them gladly.

What the fuck is your beef with STP? That band was great. Again, a good reunion, and a great show. One of my favorite live acts. If they played all Tiny Music and 12 Gracious and Core tracks, it would be fucking amazing.

Soundgarden sold a lot of records, and they've been gone for quite a while. People would come out. Black Hole Sun was a huge single remember, that album was big.

microlovebeat
01-10-2008, 07:20 PM
guns n roses? what??????

no thank you. that would be beyond lame.

as for white stripes being too minimalist, i'd have to disagree/not be able to understand. i think they could headline no problem.

pearl jam-nah

soundgarden-nah

stp-nah

no doubt-i'd take them

suprefan
01-10-2008, 07:23 PM
No Doubt is doing it, come on. I am going to laugh quite a bit when it happens and all you you guys said it wouldnt. Randy has it spot on with the theory for it too.

thinnerair
01-10-2008, 07:24 PM
REM has announced two other festivals already, that's not how Coach headliners work from what I've noticed.

GV would take No Doubt in a heartbeat. They're a So Cal act, it's a high-profile reunion, guaranteed sell out and lots of press coverage, much like Rage. They were kinda an indie act in the beginning in the respect that they came with a punk-ish aesthetic, and they've sold a shitload of records. GV would take them gladly.

What the fuck is your beef with STP? That band was great. Again, a good reunion, and a great show. One of my favorite live acts. If they played all Tiny Music and 12 Gracious and Core tracks, it would be fucking amazing.

Soundgarden sold a lot of records, and they've been gone for quite a while. People would come out. Black Hole Sun was a huge single remember, that album was big.

My beef with STP is that while they put out some good songs and put on a good live show, they aren't at the calibur of the past headliners. They'd fit in, I suppose, on the lineup, but definitely don't compete with bands like Jane's Addiction, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, or even Coldplay.

Soundgarden is a band that I really like and would love to see reunite, but I don't think there is a high demand for their reunion to put them at that level. In their prime they weren't big enough to headline any festivals.

No Doubt never broke up. Gwen Stefani went to do solo shit but they never actually broke up, so it isn't really a reunion.

PassiveTheory
01-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Please... You're splitting hairs.

It's not like the other members actually DID anything productive during that time off, other than Gwen... Oh wait, no, they didn't.

And Randy, why cant we have one of those meaningful conversations about Coachella headliners?... I feel left out. ;____;

woogie846
01-10-2008, 07:43 PM
I really, really hope No Doubt doesn't play.

ShyGuy75
01-10-2008, 08:19 PM

No doubt. Bush? Sure.

suprefan
01-10-2008, 08:57 PM

Stop denying it, and just accept it.

ITS HAPPENING.

Alchemy
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
I can see Coldplay and I wouldn't mind... Hmm...

No Doubt would be weakish to me, but I can definitely see them selling out the day. I just wish it would have been a better band.

Nine Inch Nails would be stellar, but yeah, that would mean NO Coldplay. Which is fine with me actually. I like NIN more.

Pearl Jam played Lolla' last year, so NO NO NO. Sloppy seconds is dirty.

STP and Soundgarden would be fine and dandy. I wouldn't be too excited over this though.

I can dig The White Stripes, but I thought that was looking very unlikely.

I could care less for GnR.

I still hope that Led Zeppelin is a big surprise headliner.

I hold my faith in the Radiohead, Talking Heads and Led Zeppelin ticket.

Boourns
01-10-2008, 09:55 PM
How much crossover appeal is there between No Doubt and the rest of the bands that play Coachella? Either way, I still think they are a likely headliner. Little bit of trivia: Goldenvoice put on the first No Doubt gig way back in 1987.

bballarl
01-10-2008, 09:55 PM
I've got to think Pearl Jam is probable.

orbit
01-10-2008, 09:56 PM
coldyplay\no doubt\ GNR = Epic Fail.

If that's the case, they better have many awesome subheadliners.

And Aphex or Autechre.

bballarl
01-10-2008, 09:58 PM
This year will have fantastic subheadliners, if MBV/Portishead/The Verve are just a taste. I am not worried.

Boourns
01-10-2008, 10:06 PM

Definitely third line. With Portishead/MBV/The Verve (hopefully all three), a few big dance tent acts, Death Cab for Cutie, probably A Tribe Called Quest, and either a big surprise or a diversity act, the second line of each day is surely full already. If Sonic Youth was third line, there's no way Spiritualized will be second.

Really interested in seeing Spiritualized. Hopefully they play the outdoor at sunset or against a questionable headliner.

thelastgreatman
01-10-2008, 10:07 PM
http://avoision.blogspot.com/

Here, use Boourns' blog, B.

Boourns I insist that you take down that Led Zeppelin is not playing on that blog. You have no evidence whatsoever to deny that definitively. Plant and Krauss have been officially confirmed for Bonnaroo and Zep has not.

bballarl
01-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I am going to win with my lineup competition entry.

thelastgreatman
01-10-2008, 10:15 PM
My beef with STP is that while they put out some good songs and put on a good live show, they aren't at the calibur of the past headliners. They'd fit in, I suppose, on the lineup, but definitely don't compete with bands like Jane's Addiction, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails, Radiohead, or even Coldplay.

Soundgarden is a band that I really like and would love to see reunite, but I don't think there is a high demand for their reunion to put them at that level. In their prime they weren't big enough to headline any festivals.

No Doubt never broke up. Gwen Stefani went to do solo shit but they never actually broke up, so it isn't really a reunion.

The STP show I saw back in Jersey during the tour for No. 4 remains one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. As a band in general they're better than most all of the ones you listed except for Radiohead. Weiland is one of absolute favorite frontmen to watch--the man could have me rectally if he just raised an eyebrow my way.

bballarl
01-10-2008, 10:16 PM
You just want Weiland's drugs.

Cdubby
01-10-2008, 10:21 PM
I can see Coldplay and I wouldn't mind... Hmm...

No Doubt would be weakish to me, but I can definitely see them selling out the day. I just wish it would have been a better band.

Nine Inch Nails would be stellar, but yeah, that would mean NO Coldplay. Which is fine with me actually. I like NIN more.

Pearl Jam played Lolla' last year, so NO NO NO. Sloppy seconds is dirty.

STP and Soundgarden would be fine and dandy. I wouldn't be too excited over this though.

I can dig The White Stripes, but I thought that was looking very unlikely.

I could care less for GnR.

I still hope that Led Zeppelin is a big surprise headliner.

I hold my faith in the Radiohead, Talking Heads and Led Zeppelin ticket.

*Head Explodes*

add My Bloody Valentine to the second line and I will never have to go to another concert again in my life :)

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Don't hold your breath.

luckyface
01-10-2008, 10:29 PM
I think Randy and Erik have a pretty good case here. I can definitely see Coldplay and No Doubt playing. That third act though is a total wild card. Watch them pull out a total random like Springsteen or McCartney or something to fill it.

microlovebeat
01-10-2008, 10:35 PM
eh springsteen i could do without for the wild card......

i've still got a shred of hope for bowie even though that's been crushed to death. i can dream.

i'd like to see MBV headline but that's a huge long shot......i'd much rather see them take the 2nd or 3rd day headlining slot than springsteen.

paulb
01-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Coachella has got something REALLY special up their sleeves this year. I can feel it. The lineup is going to be EPIC. And I hate that fucking word. But mark my words, this year is gonna make people blow loads in their pants.

I hope you are right, post 158.

Boourns
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
CNN just confirmed Michael McDonald and Kenny Rogers

PassiveTheory
01-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Boourns... No, just no.

breakjaw
01-11-2008, 01:08 AM
Pearl Jam is a band it took me a long while to come around to,but the only one mentioned that could possibly get me hyped.Brief synopsis:Fucking hated them in '92.Thought they were a cheap cash-in on Nirvana's popularity,and thought that Alive video was so contrived.All the while recognizing that they had a brilliant vocalist.
My sister liked them,so when they played Mesa Amphiteater on the Ten tour,snuck up to the top of the hotel next door,and watched from the roof.Lots of cops.Still didn't see what the big deal was.
Saw them the next year on the Lollapalooza tour and they did a great rendition of Baba O'Riley and started to think they were for real...
Liked some of their songs in the ensuing years (Better Man,Elderly Woman,etc.) on the radio,but still not a fan,per se.
Got my girlfriend tickets to see them in 2005 in PHX,but couldn't go because I had to work.
Downloaded the show through the band's website,and listened.
Downloaded more shows and kept listening.
Heard their show from State College,Pennsylvania at the end of the tour.
Got it.
Pearl Jam fan.
I would love it if they played Sunday night.

rage patton
01-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Ugh... I really hope Coldplay isn't there next year.

I think this is possible The White Stripes/No Doubt/NIN

Also, I would love to see Pearl Jam there. Soundgarden would be a huge draw. I don't know what anyone was thinking. Just because they are not your taste, doesn't mean they arent a draw. I am sure some people here would have thought at this point last year, Rage Against The Machine wouldn't be that big of a draw. I would be so stoked if Soundgarden are there this year. Also, STP would be awesome. Not as excitingas Soundgarden for me, but it would be awesome nonetheless.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 05:05 AM
Actually the more people talk about it, the higher chance I see fro Coldplay being there....

just sayin'

woogie846
01-11-2008, 05:50 AM
Actually the more people talk about it, the higher chance I see fro Coldplay being there....

just sayin'

STOP TALKING ABOUT ******** THEN.

Oh. My. God. C O L D P L A Y is being censored.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 05:53 AM
See? Even you mentioned them!

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 06:10 AM
Pearl Jam/Radiohead/Zeppelin = :thu
Pearl Jam/STP/NIN = :thu
Pearl Jam/No Doubt/Coldplay (with awesome subheadliners) = :thu
No Doubt/Coldplay/STP = SHITTY
Talking Heads/Zeppelin/Radiohead = :thu :thu :thu :thu :thu

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 06:13 AM
Pearl Jam/Radiohead/Zeppelin = :thu
Pearl Jam/STP/NIN = :thu
Pearl Jam/No Doubt/Coldplay (with awesome subheadliners) = :thu
No Doubt/Coldplay/STP = SHITTY
Talking Heads/Zeppelin/Radiohead = :thu :thu :thu :thu :thu

:thu :thu:thu:thu:thu:thu:thu:thu:thu:thu:thu

signmeup
01-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Sorry if someone posted this before but SMD are now officially announced via Myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=38419267

Mar 28 2008 8:00P FLAVOURPILL EVENT - LIVE New York
Apr 23 2008 8:00P RICHARDS - LIVE Vancouver
Apr 24 2008 8:00P NEUMO’S - LIVE Seattle
Apr 25 2008 8:00P HOLOCENE - LIVE Portland
Apr 26 2008 8:00P MEZZANINE - LIVE San Francisco
Apr 27 2008 8:00P COACHELLA - LIVE Indio

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-11-2008, 09:20 AM
Yeah Baby! thanks for the add signmeup!

Alchemy
01-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Why Pearl Jam though? They headlined Lollapalooza last year. Aren't we against Coachella getting seconds? I mean, Pearl Jam is cool but I'd rather see something new. Unless the other options are less than Pearl Jam...

I've been saying for months that Coachella is going to have a mind-blowing, heart-stopping headliner. I still think it's going to happen. My guess is either Led Zeppelin or Talking Heads. There is a lot of news to throw us in the other direction, but I think Coachella can make it happen. I still think Radiohead is possible. I won't fall for no agenda of misinformation!

whynotsmile99
01-11-2008, 09:27 AM
sweet

orbit
01-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Why Pearl Jam though? They headlined Lollapalooza last year. Aren't we against Coachella getting seconds? I mean, Pearl Jam is cool but I'd rather see something new. Unless the other options are less than Pearl Jam...

Red Hot Chili Peppers headlined Lollapalooza in 2006. And Manu Chao was there as well.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-11-2008, 09:31 AM
got a point

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 09:33 AM

I've been saying for months that Coachella is going to have a mind-blowing, heart-stopping headliner. I still think it's going to happen. My guess is either Led Zeppelin or Talking Heads. There is a lot of news to throw us in the other direction, but I think Coachella can make it happen. I still think Radiohead is possible. I won't fall for no agenda of misinformation!

Radiohead announced they will be in California in August...I doubt they would do a one off in California in April...I also highly doubt LZ or TH..I am not going to expect a jaw dropping headliner...I am just going to try and expect a good line up overall...

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 09:35 AM

I don't really consider PJ seconds, at least not sloppy seconds. They tour often and they just happened to play Lolla last year. That would be like Golden Voice refusing to have any bands that played any festivals in the past two years, which is retarded. Daft Punk was sloppy seconds for every festival they played after coachella, however.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I thought Pearl Jam had other plans for April?

luckyface
01-11-2008, 09:37 AM
I have a feeling the headliners are going to be pretty disappointing but the subheadliners and the rest of the festival are going to be amazingly mind-blowing. I mean if the rumors are true, we would have sub-headliners of The Verve, Portishead, and MBV. That alone might be worth the price of admission.

I only have one year's experience, but I can say it's the little people who make the festival. The headliners are cool and all, but I don't need good ones to be happy.

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 09:37 AM
I thought Pearl Jam had other plans for April?

Nothing is confirmed right now.

Alchemy
01-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Red Hot Chili Peppers headlined Lollapalooza in 2006. And Manu Chao was there as well.

Ahhh poop. I didn't know that...

I just don't know. I say give Spiritualized a full brass and string section, huge gospel choir and a Spacemen 3 spot right before; and we have got ourselves a headliner. Spacemen 3/Spiritualized for Friday.

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Talking Heads, The Smiths, Pulp, Blur, The Cure, Radiohead, Paul McCartney or U2. I hope they get one of these this year.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 09:41 AM
I have a feeling the headliners are going to be pretty disappointing but the subheadliners and the rest of the festival are going to be amazingly mind-blowing. I mean if the rumors are true, we would have sub-headliners of The Verve, Portishead, and MBV. That alone might be worth the price of admission.

I only have one year's experience, but I can say it's the little people who make the festival. The headliners are cool and all, but I don't need good ones to be happy.

This is very true, especially when you consider 2006 had Tool and Depeche Mode as headliners but the focus was on Daft Punk and Madonna....

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 09:42 AM
I just don't know. I say give Spiritualized a full brass and string section, huge gospel choir and a Spacemen 3 spot right before; and we have got ourselves a headliner. Spacemen 3/Spiritualized for Friday.

Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Talking Heads, The Smiths, Pulp, Blur, The Cure, Radiohead, Paul McCartney or U2. I hope they get one of these this year.

Fuck yes! Have Spiritualized perform Cop Shoot Cop and watch the people melt.....

I did have a dream where Pink Floyd headlined and it was amazing...The opened with Time....damn good dream....

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Talkin about Floyd, It would be amazing to have Easy Star All Stars play a couple of Floyd and Radiohead tunes from their 2 albums. I would go crazy.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 09:49 AM
hy_n4pzWbvc

canexplain
01-11-2008, 09:52 AM
tch did you change your location .... i thought it said ft collins for a while or am i just goofy on a friday .... did you see where hives tics go on sale tomorrow ... i will get those anyway ... canx**

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
I love the Hives! No I live in Frederick which is close to Longmont (But I work in Denver :nono)...I am debating going to any concert during the work week because I usually have to get up @ 4:30am to get ready for work...

mvanwinkle
01-11-2008, 10:24 AM
thankkkk you thankkkk you so much for putting that up. I didnt no the hives were touring again. i guess ill be at the sf show.

microcuts
01-11-2008, 10:47 AM

Oh hell yes, The Smiths, The Cure, and Radiohead. It would be like 2004's coolness times 10. Like that will ever happen, though.

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I think I just figured out who one of the headliners is going to be. He has not been talked about at all. He has an album coming out in April. That is all.

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-11-2008, 11:18 AM
eric avery?

mvanwinkle
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
hint? please?

thelastgreatman
01-11-2008, 11:26 AM
I think I just figured out who one of the headliners is going to be. He has not been talked about at all. He has an album coming out in April. That is all.

Spill it. We spend hours a day speculating about this crap, secrets are not allowed.

whynotsmile99
01-11-2008, 11:41 AM
maybe peter gabriel?

bmack86
01-11-2008, 11:42 AM
That'd be fantastic. I'd LOVE Peter Gabriel

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 11:47 AM
maybe peter gabriel?

ding. ding. ding.

I also LOVE Peter Gabriel and think he would be an awesome headliner!

thelastgreatman
01-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Weezer's album is due in April too, and Paul said in that Urb (I think?) article that it's the most requested band every year. Ugh. I love the boys but they blow goats live. And with Coldplay how much 2005 repeat can we get? At least they're not headliners.

luckyface
01-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Good call, Kreutz. You found the wild card.

microlovebeat
01-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Weezer's album is due in April too, and Paul said in that Urb (I think?) article that it's the most requested band every year. Ugh. I love the boys but they blow goats live. And with Coldplay how much 2005 repeat can we get? At least they're not headliners.

i could definitely see weezer being there. and i am in full agreement with you (for once) about their live show. it's boring.......very, very boring.

i don't understand how weezer could be the most "requested" band every year. i don't see too many weezer threads on here requesting them, if the messageboard is any indication to GV as to what bands people wanna see.

thelastgreatman
01-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I believe he was talking about e-mail or written requests. Still boggles me, you don't see them asked for anywhere on the myspace either I don't think.

KungFuJoe
01-11-2008, 12:15 PM
so, we should be emailing or writing Paul our requests for Talking Heads instead of typing them on this message board? Shit!

thelastgreatman
01-11-2008, 12:16 PM
I'd imagine that he gets some reports from Dani about the board.

hawkingvsreeve
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Andrew and I have been hyping Peter Gabriel at Coachella for a couple years now. I'd love to see him at Coachella, or at all, really.

thelastgreatman
01-11-2008, 12:28 PM
Gabriel would be an awesome show I'm sure. I dunno whether Coach would go for it. I guess they do like the 80s throwbacks sometimes though, and the man is a legend.

miscorrections
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
They play Peter Gabriel in the produce section at Vons sometimes.

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 12:31 PM
His two live albums are two of my favorites. I can listen to them over and over again.

miscorrections
01-11-2008, 12:34 PM
I'd enjoy it if he headlined, because it would be less crowded at whatever set I'd be seeing.

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 12:39 PM
I was going to make a comment about your age and how it is probably the reason for your unfamiliarity (dislike?) with Peter Gabriel, but then I remembered I am only 3 or 4 years older than you.

hawkingvsreeve
01-11-2008, 12:41 PM
We are listening to Peter Gabriel on the way to Coachella, Corinna.

THE ENTIRE WAY.

miscorrections
01-11-2008, 12:43 PM
That's fine, I'll just take a little nap.

dontfeedthebird
01-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Mmm. I like naps.

Sexecutioner
01-11-2008, 12:54 PM
maybe paul meant requests on the coachella micro community? can you type in bands you'd like to see? i dont remember. he did say that what you put in there for the current years artists is how he determines the scheduling though. i remember that.

Alchemy
01-11-2008, 01:10 PM
Peter Gabriel as a headliner? Now we are talking business!

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey, don't bust my balls for this, but do you think Lenny Kravitz might show up? not as a headliner of course, but his tour starts in 1 week and he goes to SFO but no LA date appears there

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I dont think it's a long shot.

Alchemy
01-11-2008, 01:21 PM
It's doable.

PassiveTheory
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Peter Gabriel as a headliner? Hm, alright. I'm kinda ambivalent, but whatever floats your boats, people.

summerkid
01-11-2008, 02:41 PM
not gonna happen. That would be the most random headliner ever.

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 02:43 PM
how so?

blackchango
01-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Genesis with peter gabriel as a headliner?

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 02:54 PM
no, just Peter Gabriel.

summerkid
01-11-2008, 02:55 PM
aO-TM9GA3Tg

I just can't see this at the Polo Fields is all.

Alchemy
01-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Hmm... in retrospect.

Haha

Actually I'd like Genesis.

summerkid
01-11-2008, 03:04 PM
I like Peter Gabriel and all but if he headlined I would find it very strange.

kreutz2112
01-11-2008, 03:07 PM
really, I would really like to see him. I dont think it would be that wierd if he headlined, but thats just me.

Alchemy
01-11-2008, 03:11 PM
They should try Cocteau Twins again.

Sexecutioner
01-11-2008, 03:24 PM
aO-TM9GA3Tg

I just can't see this at the Polo Fields is all.

whoa man...i dont know. that looks incredibly gay. is he even singing for real? or just lip syncing?

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Yeah the voice seems to perfect. Doesnt look live. who cares.

SLEDGEHAMMER!

bballarl
01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Peter Gabriel would be the shit.

bballarl
01-11-2008, 05:09 PM
PS Corinna you are lame and Brandon, make her listen to all of the self-titleds, Plays Live, Security and So on the way to Coachella, whether Peter Gabriel plays or not.

miscorrections
01-11-2008, 05:10 PM
PS Andrew I might beat you up while you're sleeping.

SubBass49
01-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Any hip-hop confirmations yet? I like rock too and all, but the diversity of Coachella is part of what makes it great...

Anyone?

Cdubby
01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Not sure how reliable my source is, but my friends steven and rick are telling me their band Serpent Chains has been invited. They are a kick ass band out of Baker, CA.

Sushov23
01-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Cdubby you are one lying sack of shit. YOU FUCKING BITCH.

woogie846
01-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Not sure how reliable my source is, but my friends steven and rick are telling me their band Serpent Chains has been invited. They are a kick ass band out of Baker, CA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Alchemy
01-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Any hip-hop confirmations yet? I like rock too and all, but the diversity of Coachella is part of what makes it great...

Anyone?

Some people are saying Deltron 3030 are confirmed. I found that confirmation rather sketchy, but it does make a lot of sense for them to be there. I hope it's true because I would love to see that.

goodgrl
01-11-2008, 08:40 PM
This is the first I 've ever read about Peter Gabriel. That would be incredible!
I would totally be all over that.

rage patton
01-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Peter Gabriel would be pretty damn awesome.

breakjaw
01-11-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey, don't bust my balls for this, but do you think Lenny Kravitz might show up? not as a headliner of course, but his tour starts in 1 week and he goes to SFO but no LA date appears there
I have wanted to see Lenny Kravitz live since my girlfriend went to see him about five or six years ago and said the drummer did the encore topless.
The girl drummer,the one from the video with the big afro...

Boourns
01-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I say there's a 50% chance of Kanye West.

A 100% chance of there being hip hop acts I've never heard of playing the main stage at 1pm.

Alchemy
01-12-2008, 09:39 AM
I just hope MF Doom goes in some form.

kreutz2112
01-12-2008, 09:52 AM
I hope he is there in Madvillain form.

Alchemy
01-12-2008, 09:54 AM
I hope he is there in Madvillain form.

That would be ideal.

dorkfish
01-12-2008, 09:55 AM
I hope he's in his fake lip syncing form.

kreutz2112
01-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Please enlighten.

Alchemy
01-12-2008, 10:01 AM
There were some fake Doom shows going around. I think he was ill or something and would have fake Dooms come out and lip sync to his music. I also heard there were somebody with a mask putting on fake Doom shows to get money off them.

Oh and shortly after this MF Doom had passed away for like half a day.

dorkfish
01-12-2008, 10:02 AM
he sent fake Dooms to a few of his California shows and fake Doom lipsync'd through a shitty performance and people demanded refunds and they cancelled shows.

now, his friends are saying it's performance art for his new album Doomposter. He's a "super villain" so he can pull stuff like that. apparently.

dorkfish
01-12-2008, 10:03 AM
i.e.

FOLLOW-UP: We spoke with John Robinson following the MF DOOM impostor incident at a recent show in ATL. JR was there and this is what he had to say.

UGHH: You know about the incident with DOOM lately, because you were there. What can you say about it, what's going on?

JR: Well number one, there's a method to the madness, always know that.
Number two, DOOMPOSTER 2008- the album 2008. That would be my comment. Never forget, we're not dealing with the superhero, we got the super villain. It'll be hard to swallow. I feel that at the end of the day, the sun will shine and the people will be happy.

I just know there's a method, its not time to build on it yet. It's a need to know basis. That's the motto of Metal Face Records, when the people need to know, they'll know.

Alchemy
01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
I'm going to let it slide just because he's so awesome.

Plus a MF Doom imposture is very super villianish.

dorkfish
01-12-2008, 10:05 AM
the guys that flew from Seattle to San Francisco with a huge group of friends to see MF DOOM aren't letting it slide, though.

kreutz2112
01-12-2008, 10:06 AM
hmm...so Doom is expecting people to embrace fake lip-syncing dooms? I dont know about that. That would be cool for like one song and then I would want the real doom to come out.

Alchemy
01-12-2008, 10:07 AM
the guys that flew from Seattle to San Francisco with a huge group of friends to see MF DOOM aren't letting it slide, though.

Yeah that really sucks. Doom is indeed a force of evil.

Alchemy
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
hmm...so Doom is expecting people to embrace fake lip-syncing dooms? I dont know about that. That would be cool for like one song and then I would want the real doom to come out.

It probably won't happen anymore though. I think it caused too much junk, as much as they'd try to cover up. I'm sure a real MF Doom will be playing shows. I think the real reason is that he got sick, and that's also was caused the death rumors.

bballarl
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
If that was truly "performance art", then it was irresponsible.

hawkingvsreeve
01-12-2008, 10:33 AM
He could always try making music without a gimmick. That's worked for a few bands.

dorkfish
01-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Like Peter Gabriel, for instance

goatparade
01-12-2008, 11:58 AM
So WTF??? Animal Collective is confirmed now?

http://consequenceofsound.com/2008/01/11/2008-summer-festival-outlook-part-viii/

SWEEEET

bballarl
01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
No reprisal of 2006 please.

dorkfish
01-12-2008, 12:06 PM
I want 2006's Animal Collective set note for note.

The set will probably go like this:

Unsolved Mysteries
New song
New song
Fireworks
New song
Who Can Win a Rabbit (newer version)
Peacebone
New song
New song
Chores
New song
We Tigers
Leaf House

The new songs are awesome, though. "Brother Sport" and "Bearhug" are divine.

wmgaretjax
01-12-2008, 02:06 PM
I want 2006's Animal Collective set note for note.

The set will probably go like this:

Unsolved Mysteries
New song
New song
Fireworks
New song
Who Can Win a Rabbit (newer version)
Peacebone
New song
New song
Chores
New song
We Tigers
Leaf House

The new songs are awesome, though. "Brother Sport" and "Bearhug" are divine.

They are kidding yourself if you think you'll get 3 songs off Strawberry Jam. They already toured that. I just hope the play "House" that's my favorite tune, been in the making so long, and it's fucking perfect now.

rage patton
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I have a friend who is sexual obsessed with Animal Collectives music. But I have never heard a single song of thiers.

Quick.

Someone tell me an Animal Collective song I need to listen to. Now.

ficklecycle
01-12-2008, 02:08 PM
I have a friend who is sexual obsessed with Animal Collectives music. But I have never heard a single song of thiers.

Quick.

Banshee Beat.

thelastgreatman
01-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Alright, I'm going to try to listen to this Animal Collective garbage at Coach and when it's as terrible as it sounds we're all fighting goddammit.

woogie846
01-12-2008, 02:09 PM

Quick.

The Purple Bottle or Who Could Win a Rabbit

suprefan
01-12-2008, 02:12 PM

Quick.

Peacebone

wmgaretjax
01-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Purple Bottle or Fireworks.

microserfs21
01-12-2008, 02:14 PM
They could just do Coachella with all the confirmed bands and I would be stoked.

and does this mean now that Animal Collective is confirmed that Panda Bear won't be playing. Sorta disappointed about that.

woogie846
01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
They could just do Coachella with all the confirmed bands and I would be stoked.

and does this mean now that Animal Collective is confirmed that Panda Bear won't be playing. Sorta disappointed about that.

Dude Panda Bear could still be playing.

Rage played last year, and so did The Nightwatchman.

ficklecycle
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Dude Panda Bear could still be playing.

Rage played last year, and so did The Nightwatchman.

Good point.

rage patton
01-12-2008, 02:39 PM
They seem like they would be really cool to see live. I really like Fireworks.

kreutz2112
01-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I hope they don't conflict with Peter Gabriel.

bballarl
01-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Ditto.

woogie846
01-12-2008, 03:06 PM

That's one of my favorite melodies from Animal Collective.

Mineux
01-12-2008, 08:11 PM
Could someone post a nice little recap list of who all is confirmed so far?

I have attempted to read the entire thread and extracted The Breeders, Spiritualized, Animal Collective, VHS or Beta... all bands im stoked about, but i suspect i did not notice the bands i am less familiar with.

Pretty please?

PassiveTheory
01-12-2008, 08:27 PM
We have about 14 different recaps so far... Go back 2-4 pages and you'll find one.

thelastgreatman
01-12-2008, 08:28 PM
www.consequenceofsound.com This is someone from the board's blog, he keeps a list there.

woogie846
01-12-2008, 10:35 PM
As much as I'd like to this to be a reality, I still don't get how Animal Collective are confirmed.

Just by the "one show in April" thing?

ghettojournalist
01-12-2008, 10:36 PM
entertainment weekly said they were told by ACs camp that they were confirmed.

Boourns
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, it's in here:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/08/my-bloody-valen.html

sydaud
01-12-2008, 11:36 PM
The STP show I saw back in Jersey during the tour for No. 4 remains one of the best rock shows I've ever seen. As a band in general they're better than most all of the ones you listed except for Radiohead. Weiland is one of absolute favorite frontmen to watch--the man could have me rectally if he just raised an eyebrow my way.

I saw them behind 4 opening for the Chili Peppers and they blew them off the damn stage. Easily on my all-time Top 10 concert list. I would love to see the band reunite.

thelastgreatman
01-12-2008, 11:38 PM
I saw them behind 4 opening for the Chili Peppers and they blew them off the damn stage. Easily on my all-time Top 10 concert list. I would love to see the band reunite.

Aw man, I missed the show they did opening for the Peppers and saw another one where they were headlining later but I was so pissed about it. Such one of the best live rock bands ever and not given nearly enough credit.

blastyourears
01-13-2008, 12:04 AM
qdwdewd

C DUB YA
01-13-2008, 12:05 AM

Quick.

Peacebone?

suprefan
01-13-2008, 12:22 AM

Watch their performance from Conan Obrien on youtube, freaking genius.

BlueDevil50
01-13-2008, 12:38 AM
peacebone is fucking annoying.

Alchemy
01-13-2008, 09:08 AM
I saw Animal Collective for the second time in October. In my opinion, only a fourth of their live show is exciting.

Shawn Gavigan
01-13-2008, 09:17 AM
Yo, check out Shallow Waters. They just opened for the Bare Naked Ladies New Years Eve in Tempe AZ. They are a great energy band, the lead gitarist is fenominal and the trumpet players add a very cool sound to the whole gig. I think their a great fit for the Coachella.

"COACHELLA 2008 BABY"

kreutz2112
01-13-2008, 09:20 AM
Is Shallow Waters confirmed?

M Sparks
01-13-2008, 09:23 AM
They are confirmed lurkers.

woogie846
01-13-2008, 11:12 AM
I saw Animal Collective for the second time in October. In my opinion, only a fourth of their live show is exciting.

Which fourth?

Best set at Coachella '06 in my opinion.

xbnmx
01-13-2008, 01:41 PM
Markus Schulz has been confirmed by himself.

Also, I don't know if you guys were privy to this yet or not, but SMD is doing a live, not a DJ, set.

kreutz2112
01-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Isn't Mark Schulz kind of trance-y? Also, I think we all assumed SMD was doing a live set. I liked SMDs Bugged Out Mix though...so I guess that kind of sucks, but I have never seen SMD live, so meh, whatev.

Sushov23
01-13-2008, 01:51 PM
live SMD that shit is sooooooooo fucking bad ass. I love Coachella.

coldstart
01-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Link?

Alchemy
01-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Which fourth?

Best set at Coachella '06 in my opinion.

A fourth made of separate pieces in the set. It's just that it's very experimental/repetitive sometimes. They'll play the same four notes over and over, and he'll shout the same thing over and over for about 8 minutes, and then they'll start doing something cool that lasts like 2 minutes, and then they'll do something long and droney for like 8 minutes again, and there will be noise for like 2 minutes, and then something really awesome will happen for like 3 minutes, and so on...

I've seen them twice and I guess I wouldn't say they were bad shows, but the awesome parts were really awesome... But it's definitely not one of the better shows I've seen.

boyalien0
01-13-2008, 02:24 PM

FOR REVEREND GREEN. The fact that they didn't play this at Neumo's a few months ago actually destroyed the whole show for me (that and the fact that Eric Copeland is a talentless hack piece of shit noisemaker).

diastereo
01-13-2008, 02:32 PM
A fourth made of separate pieces in the set. It's just that it's very experimental/repetitive sometimes. They'll play the same four notes over and over, and he'll shout the same thing over and over for about 8 minutes, and then they'll start doing something cool that lasts like 2 minutes, and then they'll do something long and droney for like 8 minutes again, and there will be noise for like 2 minutes, and then something really awesome will happen for like 3 minutes, and so on...

I've seen them twice and I guess I wouldn't say they were bad shows, but the awesome parts were really awesome... But it's definitely not one of the better shows I've seen.

technically, that's a fifth. not a fourth. just sayin'.

wmgaretjax
01-13-2008, 02:55 PM
FOR REVEREND GREEN. The fact that they didn't play this at Neumo's a few months ago actually destroyed the whole show for me (that and the fact that Eric Copeland is a talentless hack piece of shit noisemaker).

They've been playing For Reverend Green for several years now, I wasn't surprised they didn't play it at Neumos. Eric Copeland is far from a hack, although he is a "noisemaker." Black Dice are awesome.

dorkfish
01-13-2008, 03:33 PM
they can't play For Reverend Green with out Deakin's guitar work. That's why didn't play it once on their tour without him.

suprefan
01-13-2008, 04:25 PM

Also, I don't know if you guys were privy to this yet or not, but SMD is doing a live, not a DJ, set.

Good, just wanted to make sure.

Alchemy
01-13-2008, 04:45 PM
technically, that's a fifth. not a fourth. just sayin'.

Technically, I ended with "and so on". You didn't have complete information to come to the conclusion that it was a fifth and not a forth. Just sayin'.

diastereo
01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Technically, I ended with "and so on". You didn't have complete information to come to the conclusion that it was a fifth and not a forth. Just sayin'.

i think i just don't understand either of your posts. but if you say they play something "long and droney for like 8 minutes" and then "something cool" for two minutes, well thats a fifth (20%).

personally, i've never heard of animal collective. so, i'll have to take your word on it. ;)

signmeup
01-13-2008, 11:26 PM
Sorry to burst all the haters bubbles but heres a "secret" confirmation for you:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=33351914

an 18 2008 8:00P BUGGED OUT @ MAGAZZINI GENERALI MILANO
Jan 20 2008 8:00P VICE PARTY FRANKFURT
Jan 26 2008 8:00P CLUB MARIA BERLIN
Feb 8 2008 8:00P CLUB MAKE UP GENT
Feb 9 2008 8:00P CLUB INDIGO ISTANBUL
Apr 25 2008 8:00P ... ...

PassiveTheory
01-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Already talked about, look 5-8 pages back.

boarderwoozel3
01-13-2008, 11:29 PM
still doesn't say it

MassiveChemicalPunk
01-13-2008, 11:35 PM
it did say it like 2 days ago

suprefan
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Yep, kinda late on that one... The only good thing is that its probably going to be the only Ed Banger artist on the line up, unless SebastiAn and Uffie make appearnces, cause those are the only ones who didnt show up last year.

boarderwoozel3
01-13-2008, 11:37 PM
i see, well then... he's in

signmeup
01-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Already talked about, look 5-8 pages back.

oops, sorry.

is there a list of the artists who are confirmed anywhere thats updated everytime a new one is confirmed?

suprefan
01-13-2008, 11:53 PM
No, but we can just post another one and it will be buried like in a day or so, then somebody else will ask and then it will keep geting posted:

THE LIST AGAIN SO PEOPLE WILL STOP ASKING......

The Breeders
Death Cab for Cutie
Goldfrapp
Spiritualized
Cold War Kids
Kid Sister
Sia
Hot Chip
VHS or Beta
Rabbit in the Moon
Dwight Yoakam
Heidi Vogel & The Cinematic Orchestra
Autolux
Markus Schulz
Simian Mobile Disco
Austin TV
Chromeo
Dredg
Kavinsky
Islands
Sons & Daughters

PassiveTheory
01-13-2008, 11:55 PM
Dude, by tomorrow someone else will want the list... this page gets 2-3 pages A DAY.

hawkingvsreeve
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM
is there a list of the artists who are confirmed anywhere thats updated everytime a new one is confirmed?

Of course not. Everyone here just likes to be a huge douche while monitoring the thread as closely as possible, waiting for the next moment they can jump on someone that was just trying to help and doesn't want to sift through 50 pages of bullshit.

I digress.

It's late.

hawkingvsreeve
01-14-2008, 12:02 AM
No, but we can just post another one and it will be buried like in a day or so, then somebody else will ask and then it will keep geting posted:

Easy fix guys. Have someone on the first page edit their post. Perhaps the good sir Brian will be so kind. Trust the mustache. Believe in the mustache. Be the mustache.

bmack86
01-14-2008, 12:04 AM
Brandon asks, and he shall receive.

suprefan
01-14-2008, 12:22 AM
YAY. Now it gets easy, we can just say, first page, first response...

Neutral Milk Hotel
01-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Islands are confirmed? Badass.

PS: The list on page one is missing Animal Collective.

Alchemy
01-14-2008, 05:22 AM
Somebody confirmed Cafe Tacvba in the rumors section and added this.

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/espectaculos/80671.html

Alchemy
01-14-2008, 05:33 AM
Somebody also confirmed some Korean band named YB.

http://www.myspace.com/ybrocks

They posted this comment on this other myspace (http://www.myspace.com/sterankomusic):

hey!! tall lee & small lee how ah ya!!

i thought youguys are doin very well &

keep rockin right!!

yb has been super busy cause we had a tourconcert in k-land youknow..

and 2008 we gonna tour in u.s

about 10 city and we have a show in coachella festival 2008

anyway i really miss youguys we got great memorries with europe tourconcert happy rock year keeprockin

from d.h

microlovebeat
01-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Somebody also confirmed some Korean band named YB.

http://www.myspace.com/ybrocks

They posted this comment on this other myspace (http://www.myspace.com/sterankomusic):

wow. that band is a joke. it seems like all the shit bands are the ones that come out and say they're playing coachella first. there are exceptions of course.

i hope to god this is the type of band that will have one of the first set times of the day.........

kreutz2112
01-14-2008, 06:19 AM
asians at coachella, interesting?