PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed bands for 2008...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

Boourns
12-19-2007, 01:17 AM
Hannah Montana is playing...that's exciting enough.

kitt kat
12-19-2007, 01:31 AM
that goes for me too. except the dcfc thing and cold war kids. but i don't no how reliable that is
ah i forgot about dcfc.

say what you will about them selling out and being too poppy/popular/whatever, dcfc puts on a damn entertaining show, and they're some of the nicest musicians i've ever met.

mvanwinkle
12-19-2007, 01:43 AM
ah i forgot about dcfc.

say what you will about them selling out and being too poppy/popular/whatever, dcfc puts on a damn entertaining show, and they're some of the nicest musicians i've ever met.

Ya when i saw them i was not expecting much. but they were amazing. and really fun. ill be seeing them this year. for sure.

Boourns
12-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Plans was a piece of shit, but I liked the stuff before it.

mvanwinkle
12-19-2007, 01:50 AM
plans has some good stuff to offer. i love the rawness from you can play these songs with chords. that has always been my favourite cd.

Alchemy
12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
http://www.windishagency.com/

Look at Battles and RJD2. Perhaps?

betao
12-19-2007, 08:40 AM
interesting site, Alchemy.

Deerhunter seems possible as well.

Alchemy
12-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Boourns had post this site too: http://www.highroadtouring.com/avails/

Keeping an eye out on Feist, Stars, Broken Social Scene and The Fiery Furnaces.

captncrzy
12-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Boourns had post this site too: http://www.highroadtouring.com/avails/

Keeping an eye out on Feist, Stars, Broken Social Scene and The Fiery Furnaces.

That website is great.

They Might Be Giants could happen.

Boourns
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Broken Social Scene with Emily Haines and Feist is a must.

wmgaretjax
12-19-2007, 10:09 AM
YES for Fiery Furnaces.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 10:18 AM
none of these confirmed people make me excited

only the "probable" animal collective rumor excites me

um....The Verve, Autolux?!?!?!

luckyface
12-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Ooh Semisonic is available for festivals!

There is actually a lot of bands that make sense on this list.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
http://www.windishagency.com/

Look at Battles and RJD2. Perhaps?

I love this site already. I just found out that A Place To Bury Strangers is coming with Holy Fuck!!!!!

YES!

miscorrections
12-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Ellen Allien is open to suggestions, and I really hope suggestions have been made.

kreutz2112
12-19-2007, 10:32 AM
I like the suggestion...I hope she plays with Apparat

idrive1life
12-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I love this site already. I just found out that A Place To Bury Strangers is coming with Holy Fuck!!!!!

YES!

:pulse

luckyface
12-19-2007, 11:31 AM
I like the suggestion...I hope she plays with Apparat

Good call! I'd be so down for either and/or both together.

orbit
12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
They are not playing together anymore. A friend of mine tried to book them for some gigs in South America but Apparat's manager said it wasn't possible.

But who knows, Coachella would be a nice place for them to play together again.

Boourns
12-19-2007, 11:53 AM

The Verve is pretty exciting, but Autolux...bleh. Their set at Coachella 2005 was pretty dull.

Alchemy
12-19-2007, 12:01 PM
I thought Autolux was pretty solid in 05'. Kasabian blew them out of the water, but they were pretty solid.

ThomThom
12-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Jeff Tweedy looks like a possible add

nocigarettes
12-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Ellen Allien is open to suggestions, and I really hope suggestions have been made.

i agree on ellen allien. she was on my original wants

kitt kat
12-19-2007, 01:25 PM

Not into either of those bands.

I mean, what I meant to say was that all the confirmed people I am not fan of/listeners of. Usually, I see streams of bands I am super into, but this lineup is starting to look like 1995 and not 2008. Sure reunions and nostalgia bands are great, but when I'm not truly familiar with any of them, I get a bit upset.

Here's to hoping some more notable current bands get added.

I'm sure my best friend would love Broken Social Scene. They're not my cup of tea. Neither is Feist. I find her bland. "Mushaboom" is a great song, though.

I'd be down for the FF's and Jeff Tweedy.

I wonder if Bright Eyes will be coming back...

kitt kat
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
some more to look at to despel/incite rumors

http://www.groundcontroltouring.com/avails/

i'm from barcelona=festivals???
bright eyes=very select dates
m. ward=very select dates
belle and sebastian=TBA
cat power=full band in spring

ArcadeParade
12-19-2007, 02:00 PM

That'd just be nuts..

ArcadeParade
12-19-2007, 02:07 PM
The National March - April For Support / Package

http://www.bigshottouring.com/avails.php

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM

YES

http://www.bigshottouring.com/avails.php

Too bad Brian Jonestown Massacre won't be available in April.

TickleMeElmo
12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
Don't know how credible this is, but someone on the Coachella MySpace group said one of his friends knows Annuals and said they were playing. Of course, I'd just take with a grain of salt, but they would be a welcome addition.

wmgaretjax
12-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Don't know how credible this is, but someone on the Coachella MySpace group said one of his friends knows Annuals and said they were playing. Of course, I'd just take with a grain of salt, but they would be a welcome addition.

not too big on their music. but I saw them at Roskilde and they tore it up, the crowd loved it.

TomAz
12-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Don't know how credible this is, but my cousin's best friend's junkie ex-roommate sometimes hangs out at the Indio bus station and said one of his friends knows Brian Eno and said he was playing. Of course, I'd just take with a grain of salt, but he would be a welcome addition.

KungFuJoe
12-19-2007, 02:57 PM
That'd just be nuts..

yes. Metric. Feist. Broken Social Scene. Main Stage Saturday would rule.

suprefan
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
No, just BSS with Feist, Metric was alright in 2006.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
I thought BSS killed in 2004 even though it was hot as hell and I was melting....

Boourns
12-19-2007, 03:26 PM

Nuts to that, BSS without Emily Haines singing "Anthems" would be anti-climactic.

suprefan
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
I thought BSS killed in 2004 even though it was hot as hell and I was melting....

There were lots of great sets on Outdoor Theatre, that just dont stick out so much cause nobody remebers since they passed out form the heat.

Alchemy
12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Metric was one of the highlights in 2006. I was up front and center for that one. Emily showed me her boobs... That set was alright, but the music was double-g's for great!

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-19-2007, 05:11 PM

Have you no love for Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl, sir?

rage patton
12-19-2007, 06:25 PM
some more to look at to despel/incite rumors

i'm from barcelona=festivals???

I want them there sooooooooooo badly this year!

suprefan
12-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Have you no love for Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl, sir?

Yes I do, well I should correct myself. Cause somebody said, BSS, Feist, Emily and Metric. I just wouldnt want Metric, there. The rest, by all means. they either do a great set on the main, or close Outdoor which would be siiiick.

Boourns
12-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Well Metric playing would guarantee Emily being there. Metric owned the Mojave in 2006, but there's already so many repeat acts being rumored/speculated so who knows. I am sure Feist will be there. Hmm, where would she play? If she's headlining Gibson Amphitheater, she's definitely big enough to play the main stage at a decent time, but she really should play the Outdoor in Placebo's timeslot. That would be ace.

Good call on BSS closing the Outdoor. They would be great counter-programing to a lame headliner, if there is one.

kitt kat
12-19-2007, 07:39 PM
but feist is sooo borrrrinnnnggggggg

Boourns
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Then go to one of the other stages and watch something else!

boyalien0
12-19-2007, 08:46 PM

If true, good stuff.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Yes I do, well I should correct myself. Cause somebody said, BSS, Feist, Emily and Metric. I just wouldnt want Metric, there. The rest, by all means. they either do a great set on the main, or close Outdoor which would be siiiick.

Fair enough. Although I tend to think that if Haines is going to be there Metric will too.

kitt kat
12-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Then go to one of the other stages and watch something else!

i know i know
even the rumors this year are starting to disappoint me though.
hopefully i will be swayed come january 21st

mvanwinkle
12-19-2007, 11:23 PM
im counting on gv to blow us all away. im not worried.

Boourns
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
No mention of Coachella, but here's some news regarding the Led Zeppelin tour (http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2007/12/17/led-zeppelin-reunion-to-open-for-hannah-montana/)

mvanwinkle
12-19-2007, 11:28 PM
No mention of Coachella, but here's some news regarding the Led Zeppelin tour (http://datelinehollywood.com/archives/2007/12/17/led-zeppelin-reunion-to-open-for-hannah-montana/)

the 2 girls1cup reality show sounds interesting.

betao
12-19-2007, 11:34 PM

the last paragraph is the best.

vinylmartyr
12-20-2007, 06:35 AM
metric is like a shitty version of the breeders.

vinylmartyr
12-20-2007, 06:36 AM
I like Metric though.

Tylerdurden31
12-20-2007, 06:47 AM
metric is like a shitty version of the breeders.

really? I find Metric to be way more dance oriented than The Breeders...well...who just aren't...at all

Alchemy
12-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Metric and The Breeders are two whole different beasts.

Metric>Stars>Broken Social Scene>Feist

And I love Feist so much that I wouldn't mind if she HEADLINED a night! I hate that she's considered a great "new" artist when Let It Die and Monarch were such amazing albums.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-20-2007, 07:18 AM
There were lots of great sets on Outdoor Theatre, that just dont stick out so much cause nobody remebers since they passed out form the heat.

Plus the Radiohead/Pixies/Kraftwerk combo overshadowed the entire weekend....

vinylmartyr
12-20-2007, 09:27 AM
Breeders>Metric.

suprefan
12-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Plus the Radiohead/Pixies/Kraftwerk combo overshadowed the entire weekend....

Yes it did, it wouldve included Wilco too, but poor ol Jeff Tweedy.

and thats still the best 1 2 3 punch EVER in coach history.

gunfoo
12-20-2007, 09:34 AM
but feist is sooo borrrrinnnnggggggg

Have you seen her live? She is actually a lot of fun. She'd fit good in a mid day slot, under the sun.

kitt kat
12-20-2007, 11:52 AM
found this on brooklyn vegan...............some ideas?

"My Bloody Valentine opening for Portishead
Verve opening for Coldplay
3rd headliner is unknown for the moment. Likely the White Stripes or Oasis. Radiohead talks remain, but they're leaning towards not scheduling a tour around a festival.

Tom Waits is a no, sadly.

The Chemical Brothers, Sasha & Digweed, Autechre, The Knife, talks with The Avalanches (looking doubtful, Aphex Twin in talks (but isn't he a tricky bastard?)

Boards of Canada are a no, sadly.

Rabbit in the Moon, Deerhunter, Death Cab for Cutie, Bonde Do Role, Animal Collective, Iron & Wine, A Tribe Called Quest, Battles, Mogwai, MF Doom, Jedi Mind Tricks, Stereototal, The National, Devotchka, Diplo, A Silver Mt Zion, Vampire Weekend, Tunng"

summerkid
12-20-2007, 11:53 AM
link please kitt kat

kitt kat
12-20-2007, 11:56 AM
it's in the comments, so take it with a grain of salt

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2007/11/coachella_april.html

but if it's close to being true, i'm sold on the MBV, the knife, animal collective, DCFC

luckyface
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
found this on brooklyn vegan...............some ideas?

"My Bloody Valentine opening for Portishead
Verve opening for Coldplay
3rd headliner is unknown for the moment. Likely the White Stripes or Oasis. Radiohead talks remain, but they're leaning towards not scheduling a tour around a festival.

Tom Waits is a no, sadly.

The Chemical Brothers, Sasha & Digweed, Autechre, The Knife, talks with The Avalanches (looking doubtful, Aphex Twin in talks (but isn't he a tricky bastard?)

Boards of Canada are a no, sadly.

Rabbit in the Moon, Deerhunter, Death Cab for Cutie, Bonde Do Role, Animal Collective, Iron & Wine, A Tribe Called Quest, Battles, Mogwai, MF Doom, Jedi Mind Tricks, Stereototal, The National, Devotchka, Diplo, A Silver Mt Zion, Vampire Weekend, Tunng"

Holy hell I would be down with this! Headliners are not amazing me, but I definitely would be more than happy with what is being thrown around. A lot of these names have popped up as either confirms or they make a lot of sense based on availability.

Alchemy
12-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Doubtful. Very doubtful of that source.

Tylerdurden31
12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
it's in the comments, so take it with a grain of salt

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2007/11/coachella_april.html

but if it's close to being true, i'm sold on the MBV, the knife, animal collective, DCFC

yeah...i replied to that guy a while ago with
"@Monklish

where do you hear such things?"

of course he doesn't respond

summerkid
12-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Doubtful. Very doubtful of that source.

yeah, seems like BS to me.

kitt kat
12-20-2007, 12:13 PM
thats why i said take it with a grain of salt

miscorrections
12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I'd probably take it with a handful, not a grain.

wmgaretjax
12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
autechre.

whoa.

i hope that shit is true. the headliners are mixed, but there is some badass stuff on there.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Come on, not Coldplay. Probably not true though.

Alchemy
12-20-2007, 12:32 PM
It's too soon to put Coldplay back on anyways.

drowningmatt
12-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I would kill for the knife.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
I would knife someone for the knife, lolz

Trick Loves The Kids
12-20-2007, 12:46 PM
Metric put on truly the worst live show I've ever seen. Like, I've seen bands I didn't like but Metric was absolutely the worst show I have ever seen. Every member of the band looked like they were trying to fax something in terms of energy levels, except for the lead singer who looked like she was a cross between retarded and slowly dying.

Alchemy
12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
No way. Metric had a solid set at Coachella and was crazy exciting. The energy was part of the fun, would you rather them just stand around and be a bunch of interpols? The music was amazing.

ArcadeParade
12-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Metric put on truly the worst live show I've ever seen. Like, I've seen bands I didn't like but Metric was absolutely the worst show I have ever seen. Every member of the band looked like they were trying to fax something in terms of energy levels, except for the lead singer who looked like she was a cross between retarded and slowly dying.

Emily solo > Metric

Boourns
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Ah yeah, I remember reading that comment a while back. It all sounds pretty feasible and most of those acts are expected to appear by Coachella obsessives. Coldplay, though? Well, it's possible. I would like to know here he heard all this, though. Either he's really onto something or he's an expert hoaxer because false rumors tend to be about someone like Bowie or Talking Heads headlining, not Coldplay.

Alchemy
12-20-2007, 12:54 PM
Ah yeah, I remember reading that comment a while back. It all sounds pretty feasible and most of those acts are expected to appear by Coachella obsessives. Coldplay, though? Well, it's possible. I would like to know here he heard all this, though. Either he's really onto something or he's an expert hoaxer because false rumors tend to be about someone like Bowie or Talking Heads headlining, not Coldplay.

Yeah but next to Bowie and Talking Heads, The Knife and My Bloody Valentine are the next best thing. I'm calling shenanigans on this one.

bmack86
12-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I just got caught up on this thread.

Bands usually sign a contract stating that, until Coachella sells out, they won't play gigs within a certain radius of Los Angeles, unless there are certain criterion involved (one of those being free campus shows, which is how I know that.) Last year there were quite a few more pre-Coachella shows because the sellout.

I highly doubt Deerhunter will be there. They're on a touring hiatus, last time I talked to them Colin said he was tired of touring for a while and Bradford is doing the Atlas Sound thing, so if anything I could see him doing that early in the Gobi tent. I'd kill to see Deerhunter again, just saying.

I'd also really be surprised if The Knife were there. They'd have to do a drastically different stage setup, because those lightweight scrims would probably not hold up under desert winds, and they'd have to get so many video projectors set in a small amount of time that they'd probably have to be a headliner, which I could see in Gobi considering their popularity, but nowhere else. Still, seeing them again would be amazing.

Tom, that guy at the bus stop sounds pretty cool.

I bet Stephen Malkmus will be there. New album coming out early next year, with a tour to follow, and the last time he was there was in 99 with Pavement, so it'd be nice to see him back.

worldwide2020
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I just got caught up on this thread.

Bands usually sign a contract stating that, until Coachella sells out, they won't play gigs within a certain radius of Los Angeles, unless there are certain criterion involved (one of those being free campus shows, which is how I know that.) Last year there were quite a few more pre-Coachella shows because the sellout.

I highly doubt Deerhunter will be there. They're on a touring hiatus, last time I talked to them Colin said he was tired of touring for a while and Bradford is doing the Atlas Sound thing, so if anything I could see him doing that early in the Gobi tent. I'd kill to see Deerhunter again, just saying.

I'd also really be surprised if The Knife were there. They'd have to do a drastically different stage setup, because those lightweight scrims would probably not hold up under desert winds, and they'd have to get so many video projectors set in a small amount of time that they'd probably have to be a headliner, which I could see in Gobi considering their popularity, but nowhere else. Still, seeing them again would be amazing.

Tom, that guy at the bus stop sounds pretty cool.

I bet Stephen Malkmus will be there. New album coming out early next year, with a tour to follow, and the last time he was there was in 99 with Pavement, so it'd be nice to see him back.

While I would absolutely love The Knife to be there, it seems all signs would point to it not happening. As far as Malkmus, I'm just not sure they could play a 50 minute - hour long set or at least would want to. Doesn't he have issues with festivals in general?

drowningmatt
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article/6141/stipe_announces_new_rem_release_bill_berry_to_tour
April brings a new record and world tour. Probably coachella.

Alchemy
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
Awesome! R.E.M. would definitely be a GREAT headliner!

luckyface
12-20-2007, 01:39 PM
I would think their inclusion in the Langerdo lineup clouds the Coachella possibility, but yeah, it could still be possible.

vinylmartyr
12-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I went to what was supposed to be rems last show 10 years ago.

dorkfish
12-20-2007, 02:24 PM
even if the Knife don't play Coachella, their touring booker says they'll tour somewhere next year.

i usually scoff at most insider lists, but that "monklis" list seems pretty much along the lines of what I'm suspecting. I doubt that Oasis or the White Stripes will be there, and Deerhunter's on/off breaking up all the time, but it sounds doable.

kitt kat
12-20-2007, 03:28 PM
I too have heard those knife rumors about an 08 tour.

I'm putting my money more on REM than White Stripes because of Meg's "anxiety" issues from earlier this year. Maybe REM is the nostalgia headliner. I don't know.

I hope and I pray for Talking Heads, though. Hope hope hope hope.

I can say that Mates of State won't be there. Kori is about 8 months preggers and they said no touring for a while, esp. Since they just went to studio with a new record.

dorkfish
12-20-2007, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't exactly call them rumors. When your booking agency changes your availability from "not available" to "2008 TBA", things are looking up:

http://www.windishagency.com/avails

dorkfish
12-20-2007, 03:50 PM
And because you all love them, here's pretty much every booking agency that matters:

http://korkagency.com/na/html/avails.aspx
http://www.inlandempiretouring.com/avails.php
http://billions.com/tourbody.html
http://www.theagencygroup.com/artist_availability.aspx
http://www.fleetteambooking.com/avails/
http://www.flowerbooking.com/avails/
http://www.highroadtouring.com/index_flash.html
http://www.wma.com/0/cta/music/contemporary/roster/

worldwide2020
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
And because you all love them, here's pretty much every booking agency that matters:

Which one of these tells me that MODESELEKTOR is playing at Coachella?

Alchemy
12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
I hope mum plays.

dorkfish
12-20-2007, 06:17 PM
Which one of these tells me that MODESELEKTOR is playing at Coachella?
LIVE

November
30.11.2007 / FR / Aix / Studio 88
December
01.12.2007 / ES / Barcelona / The Loft
06.12.2007 / CH / Basel / Das Schiff
07.12.2007 / CH / Zürich / The Hive
08.12.2007 / FR / Rennes / Les Transmusicales
14.12.2007 / BE / Liège / Soundstation
15.12.2007 / DE / Köln / Gewölbe / Grüezi Klub
21.12.2007 / DE / Hamburg / Übel und Gefährlich
22.12.2007 / IT / Rom / Brancaleone
NO SHOWS IN JANUARY

DJ-TEAM

May
27.05.2007 / DE / Berlin / Volksbühne / Apparat Release Party
June
15.06.2007 / ES / Barcelona / Sonar by Night

katrin@magnet-booking.de

fasttrack
12-20-2007, 06:21 PM
i saw ben gibbard at the david bazan show in seattle on saturday and stupid me didn't think to ask him about coachella.

dorkfish
12-20-2007, 06:33 PM
here's a fun one:

http://www.billions.com/billions_avails.pdf

luckyface
12-20-2007, 06:48 PM
If you didn't believe Bmack about Death Cab, this should be further confirmation:

In other news, Death Cab is hard at work on their new studio album. It will be in stores May 2008

From their MySpace account.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-20-2007, 06:57 PM
here's a fun one:

Awesome, Margot & the Nuclear So-And-So's

Boourns
12-20-2007, 08:07 PM

Great list. Here's another:
http://www.amentertainment.com/main

A TRIBE CALLED QUEST (US)
Date(s): Please Contact Us
ATCQ is Available for Booking - World Tour 2008.

bmack86
12-20-2007, 08:27 PM
That'd be awesome. I'd like it.

rage patton
12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Aphex Twin not available
Boards of Canada not available

Sorry everyone.

suprefan
12-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Sorry everyone.

Its ok............

woogie846
12-21-2007, 12:09 AM
A Tribe Called Quest would haul some major ass in '08.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Uffie 2008 open to ideas

Please no.

Boourns
12-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Could Uffie be the joke act of next year's lineup?

All That I Am
12-21-2007, 07:04 AM
I seriously believe The Shit Act of '08 is gonna be Plain White T's

TomAz
12-21-2007, 07:13 AM
REM would be great if they only played stuff off their first 5 albums.

orbit
12-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Sorry everyone.

No problem. We are used to it.

betao
12-21-2007, 08:00 AM
we are. but one day, it will happen.... one day...

Glamour Damaged
12-21-2007, 08:02 AM
I seriously believe The Shit Act of '08 is gonna be Plain White T's

No way, they are a Warped Tour band. It better not happen.... *crosses fingers**

drowningmatt
12-21-2007, 08:08 AM
I hope not. I think the shitty emo band is gonna be say anything.

brando4n82
12-21-2007, 08:15 AM
here's a fun one:

you have the most obnoxious avatar on this board. what movie is that from again?

worldwide2020
12-21-2007, 08:22 AM
LIVE

November
30.11.2007 / FR / Aix / Studio 88
December
01.12.2007 / ES / Barcelona / The Loft
06.12.2007 / CH / Basel / Das Schiff
07.12.2007 / CH / Zürich / The Hive
08.12.2007 / FR / Rennes / Les Transmusicales
14.12.2007 / BE / Liège / Soundstation
15.12.2007 / DE / Köln / Gewölbe / Grüezi Klub
21.12.2007 / DE / Hamburg / Übel und Gefährlich
22.12.2007 / IT / Rom / Brancaleone
NO SHOWS IN JANUARY

DJ-TEAM

May
27.05.2007 / DE / Berlin / Volksbühne / Apparat Release Party
June
15.06.2007 / ES / Barcelona / Sonar by Night

katrin@magnet-booking.de

So you're telling me there's a chance.

captncrzy
12-21-2007, 08:55 AM
you have the most obnoxious avatar on this board. what movie is that from again?

It's a movie that everybody should see, since its probably the best one of the year.

summerkid
12-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I hope not. I think the shitty emo band is gonna be say anything.

my money is on jimmy eat world.

orbit
12-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Same here.

drowningmatt
12-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Hadn't thought about that. I still wouldnt watch them.

amyzzz
12-21-2007, 10:34 AM
I'd hit JEW if there was no one better playing at the same time. I like their upbeat songs.

summerkid
12-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I'd hit JEW

why such the anti semite?

slurpee
12-21-2007, 11:26 AM
REM
Portishead
Radiohead
Tribe called Quest
Someone from DFA
NOT Pearl Jam
White Stripes (Meg owes us)
Chemical Brothers
Blur ???

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-21-2007, 11:27 AM
No way, they are a Warped Tour band. It better not happen.... *crosses fingers**

Just like Coheed and Cambria are a Warped Tour band you mean?

Glamour Damaged
12-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Just like Coheed and Cambria are a Warped Tour band you mean?

Yes, you are right. Those girls suck :) I guess there is a possibility...im just trying to convince myself they wont be there!

kreutz2112
12-21-2007, 12:59 PM
I hope Thursday is the crappy emo band this year.

suprefan
12-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Brand New is going to do it, geeez kids get it right.

The ''joke pop band'' is Third Eye Blind

bmack86
12-21-2007, 02:24 PM
I sincerely hope not

Glamour Damaged
12-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Brand New is going to do it, geeez kids get it right.

The ''joke pop band'' is Third Eye Blind

Thats fine. Just a good time to take a break and eat mulitiple frozen lemonades :)

ShyGuy75
12-21-2007, 02:56 PM
mmmmm.....frozen lemonade's

Ritestyl
12-21-2007, 02:59 PM
Radiohead is confirmed right?

he he he

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-21-2007, 03:00 PM
Hilarious.

hangthedj112
12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I hope Black Kids don't play.

PassiveTheory
12-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I hope Black Kids don't play.

I'm sure GV wont book Gym Class Heroes after all...

Oh, THOSE Black Kids.

dorkfish
12-21-2007, 03:13 PM
REM
Portishead
Radiohead
Tribe called Quest
Someone from DFA
NOT Pearl Jam
White Stripes (Meg owes us)
Chemical Brothers
Blur ???
The White Stripes aren't going to be there more than likely, as the Raconteurs are touring during Coachella.

Alchemy
12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Interesting, interesting. Another possible headliner crossed out from the list. Each time this happens, Talking Heads goes up .1%.

kitt kat
12-21-2007, 04:01 PM
Gaaaaaaah stop getting my hopes up!!!!!

But I'm with you...once Radiohead was denied, my mind immediately went to "ZOMG TALKING HEADS REUNION!!!!!" But I need to get it through my head that Byrney hates his bandmates. Blah blah blah.

Stil, it would be the icing on my cake, and would, quite possibly, make my year. I was listening to my "77" vinyl last night and thinking about how epic TH at Coachella would be. Like my friends say, "If Katrina was a band, Katrina would be Talking Heads."

I KNOW GV has to have something up its sleeves. This lack of solid rumors for headliners makes me know someone BIG is waiting in the wings...

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Byrney? Is he your wacky uncle?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-21-2007, 04:09 PM
I KNOW GV has to have something up its sleeves. This lack of solid rumors for headliners makes me know someone BIG is waiting in the wings...

Jesus I really really hope so...I mean my fiancee and her sister were talking about coachella and none of us could think of headliners to make us really jump up...maybe GV got U2....and radiohead

kitt kat
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Byrney? Is he your wacky uncle?

Yeah, he always wears those weird Holiday sweaters and touches our secret places when he hugs us.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-21-2007, 04:23 PM
I would make a The Knee Plays oral sex joke at this juncture, but it might be a little tasteless. Wait, I just kind of did.

GeneGeneDaBullshitMachine
12-21-2007, 05:27 PM
Like my friends say, "If Katrina was a band, Katrina would be Talking Heads."

More like The Giving Heads.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Oh Gene, you're a cut-up!

bmack86
12-21-2007, 05:37 PM
That was a truly spectacular first post.

NMH (What's your real name so I don't call you that?) I got a Liars ticket for xmas, so I'll see you there.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-21-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm Matt. Looking forward to that show, I actually just bought my ticket earlier today.

rage patton
12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
...maybe GV got U2....

I was actually going to put them in my Coachella pool as one of the headliners. But I forgot and then remembered after the deadline passed...

bballarl
12-21-2007, 10:33 PM
Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

Same as it ever was.

suprefan
12-22-2007, 09:10 AM
mmmmm.....frozen lemonade's

Dont forget shaved ice too.

Boourns
12-22-2007, 09:50 AM
Friday will be headlined by R.E.M., Saturday will be co-headlined by Pulp and Portishead, Sunday will be headlined by Talking Heads, and My Bloody Valentine and The Verve will also play. In my dreams.

Alchemy
12-22-2007, 11:21 AM
That dream is starting to seem closer and closer to reality. I'm trying not to get my hopes to high though. Not that Coachella ever disappointed me anyway.

bballarl
12-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Suicide should play Coachella. When was the last time they played a show?

thelastgreatman
12-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I would say REM would be likely, but it's really weird that they announced Langerado if they were going to do Coach. That probably disqualifies them. Shame, I wouldn't mind seeing them even though I've never been a huge fan. My big question becomes with the inevitability of Zeppelin, how are they going to balance that out that older demographic skew (even though I don't think it'll really effect the crowd that much) with a young act? They're going to have to get a new headliner, something current.

Intrigue... thy name is Coachella.

rage patton
12-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Friday will be headlined by R.E.M., Saturday will be co-headlined by Pulp and Portishead, Sunday will be headlined by Talking Heads, and My Bloody Valentine and The Verve will also play. In my dreams.

That Pulp vs. Portishead conflict is gonna suck.

kitt kat
12-22-2007, 02:40 PM
^nawww i'd see portishead fo sho.

just hope that the talking heads and mbv wouldn't run too close to one another. if talking heads are playing, i am camping out at front the stage from morning to night. no lies.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Talking Heads and MBV would most likely be on the same stage. I can't see them closing the outdoor stage.

woogie846
12-22-2007, 03:35 PM
Suicide should play Coachella. When was the last time they played a show?

They're still around? I thought they were dead by now*

*pun intended

orbit
12-22-2007, 03:37 PM
i am camping out at front the stage from morning to night. no lies.

Good luck, there will be thousands doing the same.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-22-2007, 03:39 PM
It isn't even necessary, I got up to the very front for Explosions in the Sky on Rage Against the Machine Sunday.

mvanwinkle
12-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Talking Heads and MBV would most likely be on the same stage. I can't see them closing the outdoor stage.

ya if they were both to play ( which would be incredible) they would be on main stage back to back. thats if there even on the same night,

IdiotequeThom
12-22-2007, 03:46 PM
It isn't even necessary, I got up to the very front for Explosions in the Sky on Rage Against the Machine Sunday.

Ya, they were playing around 3-4, whereas Talking Heads will be closing when 50,000 people will be watching them. good luck.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-22-2007, 03:47 PM
I know, I'm just saying, you can get to the front without having to be there for the entire day. If I had been a fan of Rage I could have had a front row spot for them that I hadn't gotten until late in the afternoon.

kitt kat
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
i wouldn't be able to move because of the excitement.
well, maybe i'd try and be annoying and go find byrney.
but most likely, i'd be planted.
too. much. excitement.

but, you know, not getting my hopes up or anything...

mvanwinkle
12-22-2007, 04:00 PM
ya I did not have a hard time getting a good spot on main stage. it is possible. I can not stay at one stage the whole time. I was all over the place last year.

Boourns
12-22-2007, 04:01 PM
That Pulp vs. Portishead conflict is gonna suck.

What conflict? It would be like how Rage and Tool co-headlined in 1999. How's this for a main-stage Saturday?
Portishead 9:00-10:15
Pulp 10:45-12:00

Talking Heads would get a full set on Sunday, with nobody else playing on any of the other stages at that time because nobody in their right mind would play against them.

scoop49er
12-22-2007, 04:30 PM
ya I did not have a hard time getting a good spot on main stage. it is possible. I can not stay at one stage the whole time. I was all over the place last year.

yeah, the whole fun of coachella is to go to all the stages at different times. only amy winehouse, peeping tom, and lily alen was i right upfront. it was great but i also loved kicking it way in the back or in the beer garden watching bjork, arcade fire, rage, etc.

mvanwinkle
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
yeah, the whole fun of coachella is to go to all the stages at different times. only amy winehouse, peeping tom, and lily alen was i right upfront. it was great but i also loved kicking it way in the back or in the beer garden watching bjork, arcade fire, rage, etc.

I was in the front for nearly all shows. besides main stage the closest i got was that 2nd barricade thing. for arcade fire and kol. but it was still fairly close.

Alchemy
12-22-2007, 04:34 PM
Talking Heads should play from 10:00-12:00. The only thing else going on would be a large tank of sharks in the Sahara Tent so that other people can throw themselves inside for not watching Talking Heads.

bballarl
12-22-2007, 05:00 PM
I think we will have awesome subheadliners this year.

kitt kat
12-22-2007, 05:01 PM
i see it now

Twelve year old Los Angeles Cory Kennedy type: "Huh? Who are the Talking Heads??"
INTO THE SHARRRKKK TANKKKKK KRAGHHHRGRHRGRH BLOOD!

suprefan
12-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Lets just name Sahara, The Pirate Tent for those 2 hours. Wait, I got it. We will put ICP in the Sahara, so everyone has to be at Main stage.

PassiveTheory
12-22-2007, 05:48 PM
So... Why are we so sure that the Talking Heads are playing this year again?

Alchemy
12-22-2007, 06:43 PM

I was drinking tea a week ago and the lyrics to "Life During Wartime" appeared in the leaves after I finished. That is as good as the rumor gets.

PassiveTheory
12-22-2007, 07:03 PM
So... are you suggesting that, perhaps, the image of Morrissey conjured up upon my pancakes this morning might be a sign?

betao
12-22-2007, 07:07 PM
wait a tick! while eating my cheerios this morning, my first spoonful had 2 "o"s in it. Talking Heads is 2 words... so is David Byrne...

OMGZ CONFIRMATZION

Alchemy
12-22-2007, 07:08 PM
So... are you suggesting that, perhaps, the image of Morrissey conjured up upon my pancakes this morning might be a sign?

It depends. Did Morrissey appear on the pancake or was he formed from the syrup? If he was formed by syrup, are you sure it wasn't Bono? Also, if indeed you are sure that the face of Morrissey appeared in your syrup, than Morrissey will be doing a set at Coachella. If the face of Morrissey appeared in the pancake, than we either have a chance of The Smiths reunited at Coachella, or Morrissey playing five or more songs from The Smiths in his Morrissey set.

Try it again next morning and brew a cup of coffee. If Morrissey's face appears in your pancakes, and Johnny Marr's figure rises in the smoke off your coffee, than I believe this is a sure omen of The Smiths headlining Coachella.

suprefan
12-22-2007, 07:14 PM
If you saw Morrisseys face in your pancakes and saved it, you would have a line that would go from San Diego, to L.A. with people who would wana see it.

PassiveTheory
12-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I decided to keep it in the shoe box where I house all of my Smiths collectibles...

Right along side the Mike Joyce shoe some broke idiot put up on ebay 2 months ago... It still smells like years of financial dissatisfaction and self-imposed over-important-ness...

...There's a reason I keep these things hidden.

kitt kat
12-22-2007, 09:42 PM
NAIEVE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION!!!

i could have made a bad TH's joke
but i didn't.

Boourns
12-22-2007, 10:02 PM
One of my shirts has a sweat stain that looks just like Wilford Brimley. Would anyone line up to see that?

bballarl
12-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Man, Naive Melody would be such a great festival anthem. One day.

Alchemy
12-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Well look for signs. Remember when the Madonna appeared on a window?

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/clearwater1998/mary12-11A.jpg

And then another Madonna came to Coachella.

bug on your lip
12-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Madonna put Vanilla Ice in her sex book...

The Mother of Jesus would never have done that.....

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Well look for signs. Remember when the Madonna appeared on a window?

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/clearwater1998/mary12-11A.jpg

And then another Madonna came to Coachella.

It looks more like Jesus to me. Maybe Madonna's...holy shit.

thelastgreatman
12-23-2007, 01:02 PM
God I so couldn't give a fuck about Talking Heads.

brando4n82
12-23-2007, 01:32 PM
agreed

matsuolost
12-23-2007, 01:43 PM
you clearly havent seen stop making sense

GnarVee
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
dredg CONFIRMED!

according to their myspace:

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ogID=340318855

Hello everyone-

The end of the year is upon us and the writing for our new offering is almost complete. As stated before, we should be in the studio by the end of winter and out (west coast, east coast, midwest) on the road sometime in early April. Some new working titles include:

Gathering Pebbles
Light Switch
Mourning This Morning
McGuffin

It is also looking as if we will be in the desert of Southern California at the end of April for a few days. We will keep you posted.

Blue skies,

dredg

STOKED!

suprefan
12-23-2007, 02:17 PM
Nice, they would work well in Mojave early afternoon.

bmack86
12-23-2007, 02:26 PM
What kind of music are Dredg? Their name always screamed Nu Metal to me, so I've never been interested.

suprefan
12-23-2007, 02:40 PM
Give them a listen. A little heavy sometimes, a bit atmospheric also. Its a goo mix, some eastern music influene thrown in there too sometimes. Listen to their album '' El Cielo''

hawkingvsreeve
12-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Generic rock music. Nothing super interesting, but nothing completely offensive either.

Meh.

Edit: Think of Cave In dumbed down. And then dumb that down. Dredg.

bullokz
12-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Ssssssh, sup you don't know a shit about them.

Dredg
Styles
* Rock
* Neo-Prog
* Alternative Metal
* Post-Grunge

Similar Artists

* Hawkwind
* Sevendust
* Linkin Park
* The Apex Theory
* Onesidezero
* Spike 1000
* Lostprophets
* Bad Religion
* Glassjaw
* Boy Hits Car
* System of a Down
* Powerman 5000
* Flaw

miscorrections
12-23-2007, 02:54 PM
And similarity with Linkin Park is supposed to be a good thing?

bmack86
12-23-2007, 03:02 PM
* Hawkwind
* Sevendust
* Linkin Park
* The Apex Theory
* Onesidezero
* Spike 1000
* Lostprophets
* Bad Religion
* Glassjaw
* Boy Hits Car
* System of a Down
* Powerman 5000
* Flaw

What is Hawkwind doing there?

clarky123
12-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Snap...Talking bullokz!

PassiveTheory
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Dredg
Styles
* Rock
* Neo-Prog
* Alternative Metal
* Post-Grunge

Similar Artists

* Hawkwind
* Sevendust
* Linkin Park
* The Apex Theory
* Onesidezero
* Spike 1000
* Lostprophets
* Bad Religion
* Glassjaw
* Boy Hits Car
* System of a Down
* Powerman 5000
* Flaw

Are you fucking serious!? Fuck. No.

People who feel like giving Dredg an objective listen-to, PLEASE disregard this post COMPLETELY, especially the awful band references...

In many ways I find Dredg akin to Muse, just for the wide-array of tunes and weird mythic themes present in both bands. Also both bands have damned good bassists, so I guess that's where another association comes from.

Anyway, FUCK YES to Dredg playing, in the desert, WITHOUT all the awful-horrid hardcore mosh fans... PLEASE put them on EARLY so I don't have to deal with those demeaning crackwhores...

bullokz
12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
That's from allmusic ... http://wc08.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll <- Dredg

http://www.myspace.com/dredg

Alchemy
12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
I'll have to check out this "dredg"... I'm sort of scared of it though.

mvanwinkle
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
ya I am not much of a fan. I don't hate it though.

paulb
12-23-2007, 03:43 PM
didnt Dredg open for Korn on one of their tours or something?

dorkfish
12-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Awesome, Dredg helps decrease the likelihood of having to make tough conflict choices. More filler!

I'm secretly hoping that a band that I'd never go out of my way to see like mewithoutYou shows up, so I can watch them, and receive joyous guilty pleasure sensations.

mvanwinkle
12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
They played the family values tour together. I am not sure if they did a separate tour.

GnarVee
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
They played the family values tour together. I am not sure if they did a separate tour.

dude. dredg never played on family values lol although they did tour with deftones....

PassiveTheory
12-23-2007, 04:04 PM
And Coheed and Cambria... Ugh.

mvanwinkle
12-23-2007, 04:05 PM
you are right i did a Google search b4 and that was the first hit. I did not feel like opening it. I just went back and the link was in Spanish. sorry.

suprefan
12-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Ssssssh, sup you don't know a shit about them.

And you dont know s**t either, I tried to keep it simple.

Right right, so how many times has yoru ass seen them? And the Glassjaw reference is in there just because they did Sno Core tour together, bitch.

mvanwinkle
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
They are a less shitty thrice. Right supre?

PassiveTheory
12-23-2007, 04:11 PM
You just had to get Supre in a tuff, didn't you?

suprefan
12-23-2007, 04:24 PM
They are a less shitty thrice. Right supre?

Lets not get into this please. And yeah, Passive has the right idea, dont get me in a tiff.

Alchemy
12-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Let's not talk about Dredg anymore. They make people angry. Any more MBV or Portishead news?

suprefan
12-23-2007, 04:28 PM
They are playing, moving along............

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
12-23-2007, 04:29 PM
I really hope MBV is still playing....

paulb
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
less than 1 month until the lineup is announced...shit should be getting exciting soon.

PassiveTheory
12-23-2007, 04:36 PM
*nods* And then I'll get increasingly more paranoid that my spring quarter classes dont have a final that conflicts with Coach... Aie...

Alchemy
12-23-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm trying not to think of what sacrifice I will make for Coachella... Geez.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-23-2007, 04:43 PM
*nods* And then I'll get increasingly more paranoid that my spring quarter classes dont have a final that conflicts with Coach... Aie...

And that's why I set up my next semester to have no classes on Fridays.

PassiveTheory
12-23-2007, 04:48 PM
Well I think Spring Quarter will be in swing by then, so fuck knows what my Fridays will look like... One of the disadvantages of the UC system: Not being able to plan ahead that well...

bmack86
12-23-2007, 04:58 PM
Lee, you'll have midterms at that point if you're at a UC. Won't have to worry about finals that early.

rage patton
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
My last final is on April 19! Wooooo! I don't even have to worry about a Coachella road trip conflict, let alone Coachella itself.

PassiveTheory
12-23-2007, 06:17 PM
Lee, you'll have midterms at that point if you're at a UC. Won't have to worry about finals that early.

Right... Worry about midterms, it is, then!

mvanwinkle
12-23-2007, 06:29 PM
I wont have finals till may.

brando4n82
12-23-2007, 07:38 PM
less than 1 month until the lineup is announced...shit should be getting exciting soon.

ya, if that person waited until today to release the fake 2008 coachella poster, people would be going APESHIT, and get sooo many hopes up.....it would have been perfect

kitt kat
12-23-2007, 10:07 PM
My semester doesn't end until around May 10th, so I'll be out of midterms at that point...and finals will be just far enough away.

What suxx hardcore is that I have classes on Fridays, but no classes on Thursdays. WTF. Oh well, everyone who's driving with me will have to leave whenever I do. HAH!

And I hope MBV is still playing. That would be nicely epic.

kitt kat
12-23-2007, 10:47 PM
yo, can we start a confirmed list at the beginning of this thread? hate scrolling

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Someone had one in his sig, but everyone bitched at him about it. You could use Boourns's off-limits list from the pool thread as a de facto confirmation list.

mvanwinkle
12-24-2007, 12:15 AM
What suxx hardcore is that I have classes on Fridays, but no classes on Thursdays. WTF.

Thats how my scheduelle is going to be and its just one class from 12-3. I will be ditching it no questions asked.

kitt kat
12-24-2007, 12:16 AM
lolz me too
plus, my aunt lives in a swanky pad in palm springs
so i'm thinking, leave wednesday nite...

Wheres the beef?
12-24-2007, 12:21 AM
lolz me too
plus, my aunt lives in a swanky pad in palm springs
so i'm thinking, leave wednesday nite...

cool. so can i crash?

mvanwinkle
12-24-2007, 12:26 AM
I will be leaving thursday morning at 7. getting there at 4. at least thats how it worked out last year.

kitt kat
12-24-2007, 12:26 AM
hah i think thats only reserved for me and my friends who are coming with

Boourns
12-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Come on Kat, forget the swank pad. You gotta try the camping experience at least once.

brando4n82
12-24-2007, 05:37 AM
I'm so over camping after having bed and A/C last year:D

Maybe I'll camp again for old times sake in '09....

Boourns
12-24-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm so over camping after doing it four years in a row and spending the whole weekend sick last time. I really need a better place to crash :(

bmack86
12-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Yeah, last year ws the first time I didn't camp, and I'm staying away from it now.

PassiveTheory
12-24-2007, 11:46 AM
I'll be camping again unless someone makes me a better offer. I mean 50$ to camp is reasonable, IMO.

drowningmatt
12-24-2007, 11:49 AM
I enjoy camping there. It's all part of the experience.

wmgaretjax
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
lake cahuilla

kitt kat
12-24-2007, 11:51 AM
Come on Kat, forget the swank pad. You gotta try the camping experience at least once.
oh i am camping
but i'm gonna go a day early to visit my relative
durrr

Boourns
12-24-2007, 11:54 AM
Goldenvoice really does take care of their campers, but until they find a cure for being horribly allergic to the grass and the dust, I'm going to try my best to find a place elsewhere to stay next year.

PassiveTheory
12-24-2007, 12:09 PM
You don't have allergy medication, Boourns?

kitt kat
12-24-2007, 12:10 PM
i'll tell you what i tell people who are allergic to things...

SUCK IT UP!!!!

lolz. no, mainly i tell that to two of my bitchy roommates who say they are too lazy to take their medicine (ie: it's a hassle to remember) so that's why i cannot get a cat. wtf?

PassiveTheory
12-24-2007, 12:13 PM
...You really like annoying people over little things, don't you?

suprefan
12-24-2007, 02:36 PM
I take a 24 Hour Non Drowsy Claritin pill each morning at Coachella. It works like a charm.

Ill be arriving late Thursday night/Friday morning. I will be coming from a show somewhere in so cal.

bmack86
12-24-2007, 02:47 PM
I took so many allergy meds all three days, and it still doesn't help. Boourns, I feel ya.

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I have terrible allergies, but for some reason I had no problem at Coachella.

Cdubby
12-24-2007, 03:10 PM
well cool, I'll be checking out Autolux in San Francisco next month at the Independent

bmack86
12-24-2007, 03:13 PM
They'll rock

Cdubby
12-24-2007, 03:15 PM
maybe unkle will show up and do a surprise set :dumbo

Boourns
12-24-2007, 03:43 PM
I take a 24 Hour Non Drowsy Claritin pill each morning at Coachella. It works like a charm.

Ill be arriving late Thursday night/Friday morning. I will be coming from a show somewhere in so cal.

Yeah, I had taken some Claritin on the way over, and couldn't breathe after a few hours of camping, so I took benadryl, which just made me pass out. You'd think sleeping for 8 hours would help things.

I didn't get sick the other years, though. Remember how Gina didn't even have a voice by Saturday morning? A LOT of people got sick this year. Aerosol AIDZ.

Trick Loves The Kids
12-24-2007, 04:17 PM
if you ain't camping you ain't shit

suprefan
12-24-2007, 04:37 PM

I didn't get sick the other years, though. Remember how Gina didn't even have a voice by Saturday morning? A LOT of people got sick this year. Aerosol AIDZ.

Weird, well I dont have any allergies, the only time I had some was the last time I had a dog, luckily I think Ill be ok with this one. I took the Claritin anyway, just to not deal with things. I once made the mistake of taking a Benadryl INSIDE the fetsival. I had gotten stung by a bee, so of course after pulling the stinger out of my arm I took that, and I luckily didnt snooze, but very much felt the effects. And yeah, gues it hit all the Arcade Fire kids pretty badly huh?

kitt kat
12-24-2007, 08:36 PM
...You really like annoying people over little things, don't you?

Ummm who was I annoying? My roommates said they are allergic to dogs and cats. I asked if they take medicine for it, so I can get a pet. They said they could take medicine, but they claim an inability to remember to take it and that it's too hard to keep getting refills on the medication.

How is that annoying people?

DaOneManWonda
12-24-2007, 08:55 PM
...blink 182 reunion

*ducks in the corner*

Neutral Milk Hotel
12-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmmeh

TickleMeElmo
12-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Ummm who was I annoying? My roommates said they are allergic to dogs and cats. I asked if they take medicine for it, so I can get a pet. They said they could take medicine, but they claim an inability to remember to take it and that it's too hard to keep getting refills on the medication.

How is that annoying people?

Allergic reactions differ from person to person. Some just get a stuffy nose, some break out into hives and others can't fucking breathe. Forgetting to take pills or dealing with refills is kind of a bullshit excuse, but keep in mind that if they have to take medication to deal with your pet, they basically have to pay a monthly fee so you can keep your pet. Plus, what if they don't like pets? Now THAT would be annoying.

Boourns
12-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I had to get allergy shots every single fucking week growing up. I still do, but haven't been able to afford them in years. But I still couldn't have a cat or certain species of dog. And my sister was hospitalized for a week at least twice because of allergies and asthma, so yeah, there isn't always a simple pill to take to make it all go away.

suprefan
12-24-2007, 09:22 PM
...blink 182 reunion

*ducks in the corner*

Sure why not.