PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed bands for 2008...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Boourns
11-08-2007, 07:15 PM
I have a little insider info. Let's just say whether you're camping or not, you will be spending a night at the HOTEL CALIFORNIA

Jerm05
11-08-2007, 07:50 PM
oh god...the eagles? they've been on a fair well tour for 5 years now

Boourns
11-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Haha, I really wish they'd go away, already. Hearing them makes me want to vomit.

MarkO
11-08-2007, 08:38 PM
i will confirm no bon jovi for coachella

So they finally have something in common with The Smiths then; neither will ever play Coachella.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Mindless Self Indulgence is confirmed per an e-mail to their manager

psychic friend
11-08-2007, 09:29 PM
post the email

goodgrl
11-08-2007, 09:40 PM
green day?
whos next panic at the disco?

PassiveTheory
11-08-2007, 09:48 PM
The Eagles? wtf...

breakjaw
11-09-2007, 12:47 AM
i will confirm no bon jovi for coachella

Good.I've actually seen them live already.I had to chaperone my sister back in the Eighties (I also had to chaperone her to Olivia Newton-John on the Physical tour and Spandau Ballet).
What you get at a Bon Jovi concert is a "Bruce Light" show.By this I mean that the music sucks,and Jon thinks he is as brilliant and relevant as Springsteen.If you notice when you go see him,he has even adopted Bruce's Okie Farmer voice.Except the stories he tells between songs are all completely vapid."I remember,growing up in Jersey,we used to look in the paper in the middle of December,and see that it was 80 degrees in Phoenix.Man,80 degrees in December,we couldn't believe it!"
That being said,I thought he did a pretty good job in that submarine movie,and Sambora isn't a bad guitarist.

bmack86
11-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Mindless Self Indulgence is confirmed per an e-mail to their manager

Ugh. They are what their name states.

ADrunkPoet
11-09-2007, 01:20 AM
http://www.hallmonitor.org/images/srs-moz.jpg
Seriously though, no Radiohead....no good.

But Portishead and MBV are nice "rumors" at this point.

breakjaw
11-09-2007, 01:25 AM
He is trying so hard to be Bryan Ferry in that photo...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-09-2007, 04:59 AM
Hot Chip touring US in April...just sayin'

TomAz
11-09-2007, 06:00 AM
I have a little insider info. Let's just say whether you're camping or not, you will be spending a night at the HOTEL CALIFORNIA

oh god. don't send me on an Eagles rant. fuck I don't know if I can help myself. they are so fucking stupid and inane they make Morrissey seem as intelligent as Brian Eno. They are so bland and vapid they make Kelly Clarkson seem like Patti Smith.

i'm going to try to stop now.

wait.. let me quote Jon Pareles' review of the new album:

...and “Business as Usual,” which charges, “We worship at the marketplace while common sense is going out of style.” Those politically disgruntled songs make Don Henley snarl with some gusto. But it’s hard to credit his righteous anger about a “soul-sucking world” when the Eagles are retailing this album only through Wal-Mart.

captncrzy
11-09-2007, 06:17 AM
If the eagles rumor ends up being true-I'm worried my parents will want to come with me.

breakjaw
11-09-2007, 06:27 AM
I'm pretty certain this post was a joke.It better be.
Seriously,The Eagles are far too greedy to play a festival,and if they did,it would be more likely Bonnaroo than Coachella.

PassiveTheory
11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
I can see the GV corporate meetings:

Corporate Exec. Dude: "So, this year we've decided to make it the best of BOTH worlds; both the old and the new... And going with the theme, our headliners will be... GREEN DAY and THE EAGLES!!! One old, one new, both wholly relevant to our fan base!"

Dani: *picture perfect imitation of her avatar*

rage patton
11-09-2007, 09:29 AM
Go a few posts back and it says something about Pearl Jam being confirmed for one show next year, and logic dictates Bonnaroo over Coachella, especially given the Lollapalooza show...

Also, agree with him on what?

Yeah I saw that, I still dont see why logic dictates they will play Bonnaroo though. Pearl Jam are one of the few rock acts big enough to headline Coachella, that havent. And the length of set times will have nothing to do with Pearl Jams decision to play or not. When bands sign on to do Coachella, specificaly headlining bands, they know they are going to be getting a shorter set than they are used to. Chili Peppers this year for example. They usualy play almost 2 hour, sometimes 2 hour+ shows. At Coachella they played for an 75 minutes. Maybe GV will be nice and give Pearl Jam 80 or 90 minutes.

And I agree that Bowie should be there.

Boourns
11-09-2007, 10:01 AM
If the eagles rumor ends up being true-I'm worried my parents will want to come with me.

It's not a rumor, it's fact. There are posters advertising the event at Wal-Mart. Barry Manilow will be playing in the tent.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Prince and Girl Talk playing together in the Sahara

Sushov23
11-09-2007, 10:29 AM
RHCP actually played for about an hour and 30 minutes this year. I wrote it all down, along with the set list.
So I can def. See Pearl Jam playing, Plus i'm secretly hoping for Pearl Jam at coachella, or that they play somewhere near my area.
RAGE I agree with Bowie, that would be fucking sweet!
and have the stooges return!

summerkid
11-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Yeah I saw that, I still dont see why logic dictates they will play Bonnaroo though. Pearl Jam are one of the few rock acts big enough to headline Coachella, that havent. And the length of set times will have nothing to do with Pearl Jams decision to play or not. When bands sign on to do Coachella, specificaly headlining bands, they know they are going to be getting a shorter set than they are used to. Chili Peppers this year for example. They usualy play almost 2 hour, sometimes 2 hour+ shows. At Coachella they played for an 75 minutes. Maybe GV will be nice and give Pearl Jam 80 or 90 minutes.

And I agree that Bowie should be there.

Its not just logic that dictates it though its the fact that if you believe the report the bassist said that one show was bonnaroo. Which makes sense because the Roo tried to get them last year, but PJ opted for a European tour instead.

starrdogg
11-09-2007, 10:44 AM
wY5qnd1stnM

So I went to see this in the theaters this summer when they did the big re-release and I definitely noticed something I didn't pick up on while watching it as a child.

The whole movie is an advertisement for Bowie's package!!!!

He has those ridiculous tight pants on the entire movie and there are so many gratuitous crotch shots. After the first few times, the entire theater had caught on and everyone was cracking up. That said, I think if there's any one headliner I could choose, it would be him, as I've never seen him and he's gotta stop playing live for good soon, doesn't he?

summerkid
11-09-2007, 10:47 AM
yeah starrdog since Radiohead won't be there I'm now hoping for David Bowie.

Jerm05
11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
hmm...Bowie w/ AF?

Cpt. Funkaho
11-09-2007, 12:15 PM
hmm...Bowie w/ AF?

Arcade Fire 3 years in a row strikes me as decidedly unlikely... not that I would mind seeing them again, just sayin'.

Also, they said they were going to take "several" years off after their current tour, which doesn't include Coachella 2008 afaik.

summerkid
11-09-2007, 12:17 PM
yeah, give arcade fire a break they'll be back to headline in 2010

Jerm05
11-09-2007, 12:22 PM
tru dat..just thinkin out loud..

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-09-2007, 12:31 PM
Prince and Girl Talk playing together in the Sahara

I would enjoy this very much actually....

JustSteve
11-09-2007, 12:50 PM
That makes me want to punch you in the face. Just the reference.

but if you did that you would be "wanted...wanted dead or alive".

ThomThom
11-09-2007, 12:58 PM
but if you did that you would be "wanted...wanted dead or alive".

HAHAHA, keep them coming Steve

Tylerdurden31
11-09-2007, 01:01 PM
So I went to see this in the theaters this summer when they did the big re-release and I definitely noticed something I didn't pick up on while watching it as a child.

He has those ridiculous tight pants on the entire movie and there are so many gratuitous crotch shots. After the first few times, the entire theater had caught on and everyone was cracking up. That said, I think if there's any one headliner I could choose, it would be him, as I've never seen him and he's gotta stop playing live for good soon, doesn't he?

My friend in college had a strange obsession with a couple movie characters with extremely visible packages. Bowie in Labyrinth being one. Another was Ken Marshall in Krull.

http://www.more-magazin.de/reviews/krull1.jpg

Somewhat Damaged
11-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Arcade Fire 3 years in a row strikes me as decidedly unlikely... not that I would mind seeing them again, just sayin'.

Also, they said they were going to take "several" years off after their current tour, which doesn't include Coachella 2008 afaik.

Making it even more unlikely is the fact that they haven't even played 2 years in a row, which would sort of be necessary for there to be any possibility of them doing 3 consecutive years. (Outdoor Theatre 2005 + Main Stage 2007 = not 2 years in a row)

Sushov23
11-09-2007, 05:55 PM
What are the chances that The Strokes play 2008? Anyone?

All That I Am
11-09-2007, 07:12 PM

Ok, first off Arcade Fire didn't play two years in a row and second off Radiohead isn't playing this year so THE SMITHS can have all the attention!

fasttrack
11-09-2007, 09:02 PM
"info" is confirmed.
it says so on the "poster" on the coachella website.

drugks Gillespie
11-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I want Bowie to give me a ZJ.

Cpt. Funkaho
11-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Ok, first off Arcade Fire didn't play two years in a row and second off Radiohead isn't playing this year so THE SMITHS can have all the attention!

Yeah, sorry, I meant 3 times in 4 years. Typing faster than I was thinking.

Morrisey's testicles say you're wrong about the Smiths, though.

All That I Am
11-10-2007, 12:33 AM
I know cap'n just joshin' ya.

Cpt. Funkaho
11-10-2007, 12:38 AM
I know cap'n just joshin' ya.

http://emotions.juhe.ee/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/oic.jpg

paulb
11-10-2007, 02:23 AM
I heard that Led Zeppelin are gonna play Coachella 08.....hehe

Cpt. Funkaho
11-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Jesus, these rumors are like the snake eating its own tail... as soon as one dies, another is resurrected from the ashes.

What's the name of that snake, anyway? Oh yeah, Ouroboros. Thanks, Wikipedia.

gaypalmsprings
11-10-2007, 03:08 AM
http://www.wisdomportal.com/Ouroboros-1.jpg

amyzzz
11-10-2007, 04:30 AM
This is the time when we all keep putting our coachella desires out there until we believe there actually IS a rumor that so-and-so will be there only to have our hopes dashed to bits come end of January. *sigh* I want The Smiths to be there, but I seriously, seriously doubt that will ever happen.

xbnmx
11-10-2007, 05:14 AM
At least one of these three bands will headline:

The Cure
The Police
The Beastie Boys

captncrzy
11-10-2007, 07:09 AM
At least one of these three bands will headline:

The Cure
The Police
The Beastie Boys

The Cure is a no. Get over it.

The Police are so last year...not happening.

Maybe the BB's.

breakjaw
11-10-2007, 09:59 AM
Maybe the BB's.
Oh good.I was hoping to get the same crowd that showed up for Rage last year.They were a fun bunch.

starrdogg
11-10-2007, 10:23 AM
Alright, so I was thinking about this, as we all kinda seem to be at a loss as to who the headliners might and one by one the potential headliners are falling by the wayside. How many bands are there out there that could conceivably headline the festival? There can't be that many, so I drew up a list. Here we go:

Former Headliners:
Beck
Rage Against the Machine
Tool
Jane's Addiction
Bjork
Oasis
Beastie Boys
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Radiohead
The Cure
Coldplay
NIN
Depeche Mode

Let's cross off all of the headliners from the last 3 years (no band has had less than 4 years between headlining appearances), as well as Radiohead and The Cure, who both appear to be a no-go, and let's also get rid of Jane's Addiction, who are no longer together, and Beck, who I'm not sure is headliner material. This leaves us with only Oasis and The Beastie Boys as former headliners who could play next year.

Now, here's a list of other bands out there who are big enough and fit the Coachella aesthetic:

The Who
David Bowie
Prince
R.E.M.
U2
The Police
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
The Smiths (reunited)
Talking Heads (reunited)
The Killers (are they big enough to headline? not sure)
Daft Punk
Green Day (would they fit at Coachella?)
The White Stripes
No Doubt (reunited)

Now let's start crossing bands off here. The Smiths and the Talking Heads aren't getting back together any time soon, U2 would never play, Daft Punk is done touring, GV wouldn't bring in The Police after every other festival had them last year, and The Who haven't toured in two years and I'm not sure if they'd make sense anyway. This leaves us with David Bowie, Prince, R.E.M., Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, The Killers, Green Day, The White Stripes and No Doubt as the remaining possibilities. So here's the list of bands who could possibly headline one day of Coachella 2008:

Oasis
Beastie Boys
David Bowie
Prince
R.E.M.
Smashing Pumpkins
Pearl Jam
The Killers
Green Day
The White Stripes
No Doubt

Unless I've completely overlooked someone, the three headliners will come from that group right there. Does anyone else have any bands that could possibly work?

Oh, here's also a list of second-line caliber acts who could probably headline in a pinch:

Beck
Blur (reunited)
The Shins
Elvis Costello
Kanye West

RotationSlimWang
11-10-2007, 10:35 AM
as well as Radiohead and The Cure, who both appear to be a no-go,

Why does Radiohead appear to be a no-go? I see absolutely no grounds for that whatsoever. Have you been talking to PassiveTheory or something?

daftmonkey64
11-10-2007, 10:35 AM

Go to 2:30. I think the little monkey says 'your mother is a ******'

starrdogg
11-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Why does Radiohead appear to be a no-go? I see absolutely no grounds for that whatsoever. Have you been talking to PassiveTheory or something?

Hey, if PF says it's a no-go, I tend to believe her, since she's the only one on here who actually works for GV.

Bud Luster
11-10-2007, 10:41 AM

Randy, PF is stating very vehemently that there will be no Radiohead in 08. Could be some sort of misinformation thing, but doesnt feel like it.

TickleMeElmo
11-10-2007, 12:08 PM
The Who haven't toured in two years and I'm not sure if they'd make sense anyway.

Well, they did headline Glastonbury this year.

wmgaretjax
11-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Well, they did headline Glastonbury this year.

not to mention I saw them at Roskilde in July.

All That I Am
11-10-2007, 12:20 PM
PF also says nothing is final until its on the poster.

betao
11-10-2007, 01:00 PM
would The Who be good for coachella?

Boourns
11-10-2007, 02:07 PM
No thanks.

Wheres the beef?
11-10-2007, 02:32 PM
No who.

MarkO
11-10-2007, 02:49 PM
I'd like to see them for sure. I can't see why they wouldn't fit in as they've done Glastonbury and Oxegen (I think) in Europe.

paulb
11-10-2007, 03:14 PM
REM would be sick...Beastie Boys are currently working on The Mix Up Pt2 with MIA and other guest vocalists and they were set to play a benefit show in NYC this week, but it was postponed and now said to be held in Spring 2008, so maybe that will line up with a Coachella appearance?

Boourns
11-10-2007, 04:45 PM
If the Beastie Boys play, then Jarvis can do his song with them after the Pulp reunion.

psychic friend
11-10-2007, 04:48 PM
so watchya watchya watchya want?

psychic friend
11-10-2007, 05:31 PM
you're a creep, you're a weirdo

TickleMeElmo
11-10-2007, 05:39 PM
What the hell are you doing here? You don't belong here.

j/k, awww, it hurts to know they won't be there. :(

psychic friend
11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
you dont belong here

betao
11-10-2007, 05:52 PM
PF, you're so fuckin special.

psychic friend
11-10-2007, 05:55 PM
so fuckin special

Cpt. Funkaho
11-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I wish I was special...

RotationSlimWang
11-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Randy, PF is stating very vehemently that there will be no Radiohead in 08. Could be some sort of misinformation thing, but doesnt feel like it.

When did she say this? Is it somewhere in this thread? I can't take opening up the half a dozen different "bands for 08" threads every day.

EDIT: Nevermind, I went back and found it. And I'm fucking pissed. Coachella has lost 2008.

paulb
11-10-2007, 07:24 PM
so watchya watchya watchya want?

I wouldnt mind the Beastie Boys, they are my favourite group all time, seen them 15 times and cant stop, and will travel to see them anywhere. But I dont expect to see them at Coachella, they are just a bonus... I want to see acts Ive never seen before, such as Prodigy and Radiohead.

psychic friend
11-10-2007, 07:31 PM
they are my favourite group

my favOURite group is oasis. i like when people spell it favOURite.

paulb
11-10-2007, 07:36 PM
my favOURite group is oasis. i like when people spell it favOURite.

is that sarcasm? Im canadian. Thats how we were tought in school. colour.

menikmati
11-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I want Boards of Canada.

scoop49er
11-10-2007, 07:53 PM
i wouldnt mind the beasties. i want bat for lashes!

scoop49er
11-10-2007, 07:55 PM
personally headliners, i dont care either way. its 20-30 bands on the side stages that will either make me pumped up or limp like a bizkit!

psychic friend
11-10-2007, 08:06 PM

no it's not sarcasm. i wish we spelled it like that... and colour instead of color.

Alchemy
11-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I'd be down for Oasis headlining... But I know most of you guys won't be down for that. Just sayin'.

luckyface
11-10-2007, 08:37 PM
I think pf just said that Oasis is GV's favorite band! Oasis is playing!

paulb
11-10-2007, 08:52 PM
and hopefully the Beastie Boys as she said ' so watcha want'

goodgrl
11-10-2007, 09:01 PM
OMG! What the fucks all this talk about Bon jovi?
Its not even funny anymore.
Bon Jovi = FUCKIN' LAME

rage patton
11-10-2007, 10:27 PM
Oasis and Beastie Boys eh?

Speculating is fun!

Color is an incomplete word by the way. Colour.

RotationSlimWang
11-10-2007, 10:33 PM
Oasis would please me, I just realized I've never seen them even though they're one of my favs. I remember when they first came out I was like, "Ooo, a Beatles imitation? Thank fucking God. Give me thirty Beatles imitations, please."

Thank being said, Radiohead are our actual Beatles. You're fucking up, Goldenvoice. I'm going Delta about this one.

Please don't ban me. At least, until I ask you to.

rage patton
11-10-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh, by the way, last night I had a dream about a Faith No More reunion...

I know it's not happening in 08. But how about 09 please?

Somewhat Damaged
11-10-2007, 10:53 PM

Do Canadians also spell "taught" with an 'o'? :winkiss

I'd love it if Oasis were there again. I barely caught any of their set in '02 -- needed to start the long drive back home -- but they've been one of my favorite bands for years. I haven't gotten anything of theirs since Standing on the Shoulder of Giants but their first 2 albums are classic.

paulb
11-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Oasis would be dope...and ya, just a typo....taught.

RotationSlimWang
11-10-2007, 11:14 PM
UPDATE: I will accept your lack of Radiohead if you bring back the Pixies. That is the only way you're getting my support. Otherwise, I will destroy you. Thank you.

garrett222
11-11-2007, 07:39 AM
Oasis and Beasties would be the worst coachella ever. No more recycled headliners!!!! Especially no when you pick the two worst headliners ever..Why not just add the cure to this lineup...Geez...what are they trying to make up a shit sandwich and feed it to me????

Bowie, Prince, and REM would be a fun experience. Don't F it up by recycling..(i follow this principle in my regular life as well)

brando4n82
11-11-2007, 08:00 AM
Oh, by the way, last night I had a dream about a Faith No More reunion...

I know it's not happening in 08. But how about 09 please?

i really dont see that happening til at least 2012, no joke

captncrzy
11-11-2007, 08:29 AM
Color is an incomplete word by the way. Colour.

American v. British. The traditional way is "ou"; American is "o". Either is actually acceptable as long as you are consistent.

Dani-it's perfectly ok if you want to spell your "o" words as "ou" words as long as you do it consistently throughout your document.

garrett222
11-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Say 'No' to prop O/BB = Oaisis/Beastie Boys

wmgaretjax
11-11-2007, 09:20 AM
jesus, Oasis or Beastie Boys would be awful. Those are two bands I can't stand. oh well, i tend to be happier when I don't like the headliners anyways. i always end up severely upset by the conflicts when I want to see a headliner (see Bjork vs. Gogol).

garrett222
11-11-2007, 09:54 AM
put your name on this petition if you are against the O/BB proposition -

Garrett

rage patton
11-11-2007, 10:00 AM
i really dont see that happening til at least 2012, no joke

Dont make me cry.

I dont know if it will ever happen though...

bigc1
11-11-2007, 03:57 PM
i saw the beastie boys in berkeley this summer, and was surprisingly the best show of the summer.

i don't think oasis isn't in position to headline unless their new album is pretty good

Alchemy
11-11-2007, 04:07 PM
put your name on this petition if you are against the O/BB proposition -

Garrett

Don't you think you're :yyablo a bit?

suprefan
11-11-2007, 04:11 PM
i saw the beastie boys in berkeley this summer, and was surprisingly the best show of the summer.

You obviously didnt go see Daft Punk @ The Greek.

bigc1
11-11-2007, 04:22 PM
You obviously didnt go see Daft Punk @ The Greek.

i did, what i meant is that i walked into the show with such low expectations. peanut butter wolf's opening set didn't restore my faith in the show either. DP (and coachella) is kind of a default best show of the year thing.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-11-2007, 04:37 PM
MOST EXCITING THREAD IN MONTHS. A few thoughts:
1)I'm thrilled by the announcement of no Radiohead, also, considering my widely publicized inability to attend Coachella 2008.
2) I really want that Faith No More reunion, too
3) paulb is the best thing to happen to this board
4) I know PF hates this logic, but couldn't we suspect a good chance of THE MARS VOLTA being there?
5) Also, somebody referred to Death Cab as DFcF (I'm too lazy to quote it) but that was sweet because that would be DeathForCutieFor or something
6) How about SAY ANYTHING?

breakjaw
11-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I like Oasis but I prefer to spell it "Ouasis"

PassiveTheory
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM

My devious plans have worked masterfully thus far... *rubs hands together in a sinister fashion*

paulb
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
SMOKE!

dorkfish
11-11-2007, 05:46 PM
which stage are Love and Rockets playing on? I hope they don't conflict with Primal Scream.

drugks Gillespie
11-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Somebody get Thom on the phone. He claims to be a "reasonable man".

xxxxxxxxxx
11-11-2007, 06:45 PM

i don't think oasis isn't in position to headline unless their new album is pretty good

a friend gave me a dvd of that beastie boys show last night. still need to watch it.

scoop49er
11-11-2007, 06:57 PM
i wouldnt mind oasis/beastie boys. ive seen both. oasis is ok just to rock out to but a bore to look at. the beasties are always entertaining. sadly, recycling headliners is a necessity sometimes cuz its hard to find big names to headline theses type of festivals.. they just recycled last year and had monster attendance numbers. i think we will see at least one recycled headliner. if so radiohead would be nice but whatever......

Boourns
11-11-2007, 07:11 PM
Friday: The White Stripes, Pulp
Saturday: David Bowie, Portishead
Sunday: R.E.M., My Bloody Valentine

ThomThom
11-11-2007, 07:21 PM
The Beastie Boys and Oasis are two of the most underwhelming live acts, where is that petition to NOT have them? I need to get my whole neighborhood to sign it.

rage patton
11-11-2007, 07:22 PM
That would be a sick ine up.
Damn Boourns... Im worried about your festival in the festival contest. You are going to be quite the contender.

ThomThom
11-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Sweet mother that sounds beautiful.

suprefan
11-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Damn Boourns... Im worried about your festival in the festival contest. You are going to be quite the contender.

Tickets might be expensive, dont forget, its all about the budget this time.

Edit: Look Sasha I am home!!!!

PassiveTheory
11-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Tickets might be expensive, dont forget, its all about the budget this time.

Edit: Look Sasha I am home!!!!

I think ticket prices are going to be the last thing on people's mind... I mean, the talent of a good festival ought to negate the price of the tickets, IMO.

Boourns
11-11-2007, 07:38 PM

Thank you, kindly. I am proud of my lineup, for I feel there's some really great talent all around and hopefully some surprises. *cackles evilly*

As for ticket prices, I don't think anyone's will cost more than Coachella tickets, with a ten million dollar budget cap and all.

Courtney
11-11-2007, 07:55 PM
I think ticket prices are going to be the last thing on people's mind... I mean, the talent of a good festival ought to negate the price of the tickets, IMO.

I disagree. Well, within reason. The difference between $100 and $200 is minor, but the difference between $100 and $1000 might be a factor. However Boourns does bring up a good point about the budget cap.

rage patton
11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
The most a festival can cost in this contest is $200.

Boourns
11-11-2007, 08:00 PM
$10,000,000 ÷ 50,000 = ...

Yes, I had to use the obelus, I couldn't use a slash like a muggle.

Edit: Rage beat me to it.

But $200 for three days of music, with 12 (or more) hours per day? You really cannot beat that. I mean, all the bands on the headliner list cost $50-250 a ticket by themselves.

rage patton
11-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I havent finalized all my details... but my festival is probably going to cost around $180-200. A freakin bargain for my line up I personaly think.

boyalien0
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM

This is precisely one and a half acts away from being believable.

betao
11-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Everything about my festival is done, minus the poster itself and making sure I get the reunion band im going for. Yea my festival would be a bargain too. Seriously. I would go to it in a heartbeat.

I'm still looking for someone who would be interested in designing a poster for me. PM me if interested.

MarkO
11-11-2007, 09:03 PM
The Beastie Boys and Oasis are two of the most underwhelming live acts, where is that petition to NOT have them? I need to get my whole neighborhood to sign it.

The Beastie Boys closed Sasquatch this year and were very, very good. The crowd was cold, tired and somewhat pissed off from the weather and the BB's made everyone forget that. They'd be better than the god damn RHCP for sure.

Boourns
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
This is precisely one and a half acts away from being believable.

But which acts are the one and a half?

summerkid
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
My money is on the Beasties headlining a night.

Boourns
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
If the Beasties stink up the place again I hope somebody like The Chemical Bros plays at the same time.

paulb
11-11-2007, 09:36 PM
Beastie Boys are sometimes hit or miss...Im assuming you've only seen them at Coachella, where from the most part sounds like it sucked...That was 2003 after practically no shows in 2000,2001,2002,2003 was one of few gigs.... They are fuckin amazing live.... Check out their Glasgow 99 gig or Trenton 92, Awesome I Fuckin Shot That dvd....awesome shit. Like ive said, Ive seen them 15 times...I flew to Paris and saw them do a boring ass show. But have seen some fuckin amazing gigs from them. It all depends, overall, they are amazing live.

summerkid
11-11-2007, 09:39 PM
I wanted to go to one of their shows at the Greek and at the time I just didn't have the money had I known the White Stripes were going to cancel on me I would have totally gone.

rage patton
11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
But which acts are the one and a half?

Meg White and Pulp.

paulb
11-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I wanted to go to one of their shows at the Greek and at the time I just didn't have the money had I known the White Stripes were going to cancel on me I would have totally gone.

The 1st night of the Greek in LA sucked, but meeting Busy P totally made up for it...

Night 2 was amazing, insane setlist, Eric Bobo came out on Shambala and played with them....

Berkeley was the last US date on the leg and was a sick as fuck show. But the stage is too high there, that wasnt fun....but overall great gig.

rage patton
11-11-2007, 09:47 PM
2) I really want that Faith No More reunion, too

Even Dave Wang approves of a Faith No More reunion!!!

Boourns
11-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Meg White and Pulp.

*cries* no :'(

Don't really care about the White Stripes that much anymore, but I'd definitely see them at Coachella.

paulb
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
White Stripes are sick live...id love to see them at Coachella.

bmack86
11-12-2007, 12:31 AM
Cursive won't be there. I asked.

Sushov23
11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
YOUR MOM WON'T BE THERE!

mvanwinkle
11-12-2007, 12:41 AM
White Stripes are sick live...id love to see them at Coachella.

i keep getting screwed over seeing them. twice now. i d love to see them at coachella.

bmack86
11-12-2007, 12:53 AM
YOUR MOM WON'T BE THERE!

She might be. She wanted to go last year. My dad's been the past two. My parents are cooler than yours.

Boourns
11-12-2007, 01:02 AM
Cursive won't be there. I asked.

Thanks for the tip.

I hope everyone seeing bands over the next couple months stalks the bands after the show and ask about Coachella.

mvanwinkle
11-12-2007, 01:09 AM
bmack im going to be in the la area while aids wolf is in town and was considering going. i could not find it on ticket master. i was wondering if you could tell me the price? and what you think about the venue. my other options are manchester orchestra, and thursday? so if i decide to go to a show itll probably be this one.

bmack86
11-12-2007, 07:57 AM
bmack im going to be in the la area while aids wolf is in town and was considering going. i could not find it on ticket master. i was wondering if you could tell me the price? and what you think about the venue. my other options are manchester orchestra, and thursday? so if i decide to go to a show itll probably be this one.

It wont be on ticketmaster because they don't presell tickets at the Smell. If you like the small clubs, then the Smell is the best venue in LA. It's tiny, it's personal and they have vegan pancakes. It's also really close to Skid Row, so if you are scared easily by urban decay and droves of wandering homeless, it may not be the venue for you. Usually shows there are 5 bucks. This one is 8, probably because a few of the bands playing aren't from the area so they have to pay a little extra for their room and board.

mvanwinkle
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
oh kay cool thanks. 8 bucks wow. i probably wont be able to pass that up. thanks.

rage patton
11-13-2007, 10:51 AM
So... have we officialy crossed REM and the Beastie Boys off of the possible headliners list?

summerkid
11-13-2007, 11:00 AM
So... have we officialy crossed REM and the Beastie Boys off of the possible headliners list?

what? why?

Sushov23
11-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I was at the little brother show, and I was talking to Evidence from Dilated Peoples, and he said they are in talks to play.

rage patton
11-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Because they are both headlining Langerado 2008 (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12536) which is held in March.

summerkid
11-13-2007, 11:15 AM
well i would imagine it would mean that we aren't getting both REM and Beastie Boys as headliners but I wouldn't cross them both off the list because them headlining langerado doesn't really disqualify them case in point. Bjork headlined Coachella, Sasquatch, and ACL this past year. Tool headlined Coachella and Street Scene in 2006, 2005 Coldplay headlined Coachella and ACL. If anything it shows those two bands will be touring at the time of Coachella so I think they jump up on the list as likely headlining candidates.

mvanwinkle
11-13-2007, 11:18 AM
i agree with summer. even though that does not make happy that its more likely for either of those bands.

goatparade
11-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Good point summerkid...but on the other hand Coachella usually likes to be the first....all the festivals you mentioned take place after Coachella every year...Coachella's all about the freshness

rage patton
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Good point summerkid...but on the other hand Coachella usually likes to be the first....all the festivals you mentioned take place after Coachella every year...Coachella's all about the freshness

Eaxctly what I was going to say.
Coachella had Bjork confirmed before Sasquatch.
However, it is still possible one of them will be there.

Coachella 2008...?
REM or Beastie Boys
Oasis
David Bowie

David Bowie is just wishful thinking of course...

paulb
11-13-2007, 12:50 PM
WTF...................beastie boys and REM? oh god i hope Coachella get the same!

PassiveTheory
11-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Jesus, Coachella's even getting it's ass kicked by nothing festivals in fucking Florida... wtf...

TomAz
11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Don't be stupid.

paulb
11-13-2007, 01:23 PM
its true, atm. Bboys, REM? thats sick as fuck... I wonder what Coachella will do...Id be perfectly happy with them.....and Radiohead...hehe

amyzzz
11-13-2007, 01:28 PM
No Beastie Boys and No REM please.

summerkid
11-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Jesus, Coachella's even getting it's ass kicked by nothing festivals in fucking Florida... wtf...

oh yeah, if only coachella can get phil lesh to headline day 3. *eye roll* Don't go pushing the panic button yet Lee at least wait until the lineup gets released.

paulb
11-13-2007, 01:31 PM
how about Alanis Morissette?

TomAz
11-13-2007, 01:32 PM
REM is at that awkward stage where they're no longer making compelling music, but not enough time has passed to where they're the elder statesmen of cool like Lou Reed or Chrissie Hynde or Bob Dylan. It's both too late and too early for them.

At least the Beastie Boys are still trying.

bballarl
11-13-2007, 01:36 PM
The Beastie Boys still put out good records. Though I haven't heard "The Mix-Up". And they put on a great show.

I agree with your analysis of REM. The new album is supposed to be a return to jangle though, so maybe they can get in touch with how awesome they were.

PassiveTheory
11-13-2007, 01:39 PM
I read somewhere that the roles of the Beastie Boys and U2 have switched since the 80s with the Beasties now being less culturally relevant than U2 was around the time of the Tibetan Freedom Concerts (given that the Beasties organized that in the first place), so I think the statement about REM not being elder statesmen, so to speak, could be placed on the Beasties as well.

wmgaretjax
11-13-2007, 01:44 PM
REM is at that awkward stage where they're no longer making compelling music, but not enough time has passed to where they're the elder statesmen of cool like Lou Reed or Chrissie Hynde or Bob Dylan.

well said. not to mention, I saw them at bumbershoot a while back and was incredibly underwhelmed.

summerkid
11-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I'd disagree with that to the 5 boroughs received good reviews and debuted #1 on the charts. The Mix up an entirely instrumental album debuted on the top 25 on the billboard charts.

PassiveTheory
11-13-2007, 01:49 PM
But are they socially relevant anymore? Or just a welcomed throwback?

paulb
11-13-2007, 01:53 PM
The Mix Up is an awesome cd. I was able to hear the album the day after Coachella in LA, I missed my flight home to hear it, totally awesome, to be the 1st to hear the new bboy album 2 months before it was released...was totally worth it...and they put on great shows, despite whatever happened at Coachella 03.

And have you heard REM's new cd Live? its soooo good. If they sound like that in concert all the time, than I really hope they play Coachella.

kreutz2112
11-13-2007, 02:16 PM
not confirmed, but I would like to see telepopmusik in the sahara this year and then walk to gobi to see OMR.

iamcitizInsane
11-13-2007, 02:22 PM
Why would Pearl Jam being there... mean no Radiohead? I could see both playing. Which would definately kick ass.

On a side note, I really want Battles there next year.

Would probably kick some ass....perhaps the $ would be the biggest limiting factor on getting both at the same time. yet still posteriors would be kicked...many of them

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
11-13-2007, 02:49 PM

get your head out of your ass....we haven't even gotten a line up from Coachella and your calling winners and losers already?

orbit
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
The Prodigy (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=201979487)

Yes!

rage patton
11-22-2007, 06:46 PM
I can't fucking believe the Prodigy are playing!

YES!

orbit
11-22-2007, 06:50 PM
Turbonegro is playing as well

Boourns
11-22-2007, 06:54 PM
The Prodigy (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=201979487)

Yes!

Wow, good job.

rage patton
11-22-2007, 06:56 PM
Wow, good job.

Courtesy of Paulb. Go over to the Prodigy thread right now. The place is going nuts.

suprefan
11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
HOLY CRAP, and Turbonegro, this is going to be sick.

roberto73
11-22-2007, 07:01 PM
HOLY CRAP, and Turbonegro, this is going to be sick.

Turbonegro? I feel nauseous already.

idrive1life
11-22-2007, 07:16 PM
The Prodigy and Turbonegro :dumbo ... oh wait ... *sigh*

orbit
11-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I'm just happy for The Prodigy playing next year. I don't care much about Turbonegro.

i_like_cake530
11-22-2007, 07:31 PM
you're a creep, you're a weirdo

you dont belong here

so fuckin special

I wish I was special...

But I'm a Creep

idrive1life
11-22-2007, 07:31 PM
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/coachella2008-1.jpg

^ So these are the ones not playing? lol

suprefan
11-22-2007, 07:38 PM
^ So these are the ones not playing? lol

That poster has been more of a ''guide'' in that we all colelctively feel some of that will happen. the question is what.

Neutral Milk Hotel
11-22-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, I'll tell you one thing: if Louis XIV don't play Coachella I will absolutely slit my wrists. With a dull blade.

idrive1life
11-22-2007, 07:54 PM
Let the leaks continue ... I can't wait for the next big one! *sigh* (PF, we want another one! Who else are not playing? heh heh)

Okay, use that "guide", not including MBV rumors and such, which act in the poster will be confirmed first (let's say a leak/confirmation like Prodigy's)? Or I'll make it even easier, if you have to choose only one act in the poster (not including Radiohead & MBV lol), which one are you sure of playing/not playing?

rage patton
11-22-2007, 07:56 PM
The Mars Volta seem like a good bet for next year. As do Portishead.

Boourns
11-22-2007, 08:22 PM
Let the leaks continue ... I can't wait for the next big one! *sigh* (PF, we want another one! Who else are not playing? heh heh)

Okay, use that "guide", not including MBV rumors and such, which act in the poster will be confirmed first (let's say a leak/confirmation like Prodigy's)? Or I'll make it even easier, if you have to choose only one act in the poster (not including Radiohead & MBV lol), which one are you sure of playing/not playing?

Playing: Portishead...this absolutely must happen
Not playing: The Shins...they have already whored themselves out to every single other festival in the world and KROQ event this year, and played LA several times, so enough people will have had their fill so that they won't be a significant draw.

Well, I'll tell you one thing: if Louis XIV don't play Coachella I will absolutely slit my wrists. With a dull blade.

Funny. If Louis XIV do play Coachella, I will absolutely slit my wrists. With a dull blade.

Neutral Milk Hotel
11-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Yeah, I was being sarcastic, Louis XIV is truly one of the most awful bands I've ever encountered.

microlovebeat
11-22-2007, 08:56 PM
should out louds played in '05. they have a new album out now. i'd say they're a possibility.

if my bloody valentine isn't there, i will be completely and utterly flabbergasted/suprised/angry.

idrive1life
11-22-2007, 09:14 PM
By the way, why this thread is still in Non-Coachella discussion?

suprefan
11-22-2007, 09:18 PM

Like Rage mentioned, Mars Volta looks very solid considering it will have been 5 years since they even played and their cd comes out in January. I will also say We Are Scientists based on the fact they shouldve played this year but got pulled due to them no finalizing and their new cd shoudl be otu sometime next year. I will say UNKLE(full band not just James Levelle) New Young Pony Club, Simian Mobile Disco, Crystal Castles, Chromeo, Battles, Tha National, Okkervil, BSS seems due to come back and after this tour they did doing the Kevin Drew cd I am sure a lot of people would like to see them play. I would like Ghostland, The Faint and PJ Harvey too.

MBV and Posrtishead better be there, like its been mentioned, people might get killed for them not being on the line up.

And you know Muse wont be there iDrive.

idrive1life
11-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Yeah, they better not be there. But I'm pretty sure MBV, The Verve, Portishead, Radiohead and Muse are all going to be in Glastonbury 08. ;)

rage patton
11-22-2007, 09:25 PM
I think Battles are definately a lock for next year too. I was also bummed about We Are Scientists cancelling, so that would be awesome if they were there next year. Apparently a different member of BSS is doing a solo CD though, I forget who though. So we might get a _______ w/ BSS instead. Ghostland Observatory would be nice...

Im also gonna guess either Fantomas or Tomahawk will be there next year. Im betting more likely Fantomas, but I would really like to see Tomahawk. Either or really... it doesn't matter.

orbit
11-22-2007, 09:35 PM
Considering The Verve WANT and EXPECT to headline Glastonbury, and Radiohead also having many chances to do it so, I wouldn't be surprised to see The Verve playing against Radiohead, or MBV against Portishead. Who knows.

Neutral Milk Hotel
11-22-2007, 09:47 PM
The Verve against Radiohead=:(

tessalasset
11-22-2007, 11:52 PM
I would absolutely LOVE broken social scene to be added. prodigy is pretty tight. turbonegro not so tight.

Neutral Milk Hotel
11-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Yes yes I NEED to see Broken Social Scene again. Especially if it's with Haines (again) or Feist or Amy Millan, etc.

Broken Social Scene is the best.

Boourns
11-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Broken Social Scene without Haines and Feist would be like hand relief without the relief.

gorazd
11-23-2007, 05:20 AM
turbonegro > prodigy in 07

shotglass75
11-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Yeah, they better not be there. But I'm pretty sure MBV, The Verve, Portishead, Radiohead and Muse are all going to be in Glastonbury 08. ;)

If that is true, I am going to lose my soul at Glastonbury

Boourns
11-23-2007, 07:08 AM
Let's go back in time to November 23rd, 2006 and look at what was "confirmed" at that point:
LCD Soundsystem (confirmed they were playing after being asked at a live show of theirs)
Cornelius (was listed briefly on his website)
Hot Chip (confirmed in a radio interview)
Digitalism (was listed on their myspace page)
Oh No Oh My (confirmed when asked during the Bang Festival in Miami)
Konono #1 (listed on their website)
Rodrigo y Gabriela (confirmed to Billboard.com)
Fields (Something Glorious)

And on January 12, 2007, ten days before the lineup was officially posted:
Hot Chip (confirmed in a radio interview)
Digitalism (was listed on their myspace page)
Cornelius (was listed briefly on his website)
LCD Soundsystem (confirmed they were playing after being asked at a live show of theirs)
Oh No! Oh My! (confirmed when asked during the Bang Festival in Miami)
Girl Talk (told someone at a gig)
Lupe Fiasco (pitchfork)
Rodrigo y Gabriela (confirmed to Billboard.com)
Nitzer Ebb (wink-wink nudge-nudge response when asked recently)
MSTRKRFT (booking agency site)
Fields (according to Something Glorious)
Novatron (myspace)
Konono #1 (listed on their website)
Silversun Pickups (told someone at a gig)
The Feeling (Interscope records)
VNV Nation (myspace)
!!! (myspace)
Arcade Fire (apparently two members of the band said both "yes" and "probably" when talking to fans who called 1-866-NEONBIBLE)
Fountains of Wayne (USA Today)

Lily Allen had told Thighs Wide Shut "maybe" and by then it was obvious that Blonde Redhead, Explosions, Kaiser Chiefs, Air would play because of schedule gaps. Of course, Gwen Stefani had one too, which scared a lot of people.

suprefan
11-23-2007, 09:34 AM
I was also bummed about We Are Scientists cancelling, so that would be awesome if they were there next year. .

They didnt cancel they just never were on it to begin with cause they never locked up the deal. - 1 for GV on pulling the trigger I guess.

Can I just say now that I thnk DEP will be there since from their tour updates they say ''u.s. in april'' and they always start on the east coast, so therefore, I can only just imagine what day they will be in Mojave destroying everything in sight. Danny Devito better run cause he might get thrown out to the crowd.

Boourns
11-23-2007, 09:54 AM
the Department of Environmental Protection? SWEET!

suprefan
11-23-2007, 10:09 AM
That would be the EPA....... DEP rolls harder than that.

radiohead727
11-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I was being sarcastic, Louis XIV is truly one of the most awful bands I've ever encountered.
I am not much of a fan of Louis XIV but I saw them live at Street Scene and they know how to put on a show...not that their music is actually any good, but they know how to really sustain energy

amyzzz
11-23-2007, 12:47 PM
I actually liked them at Street Scene in '05.

aynalehcar
11-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Louis is pretty great live, I promise.

B∞Rdom§
11-23-2007, 03:13 PM
i thought bands couldnt do a show around LA if they did coachella?
just a thought

I remember Cornelius did a show the Monday following Coachella

B∞Rdom§
11-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Funny. If Louis XIV do play Coachella, I will absolutely slit my wrists. With a dull blade.

Right there with ya

amyzzz
11-23-2007, 03:46 PM
whoa, funny characters in your nick.

B∞Rdom§
11-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I am not much of a fan of Louis XIV but I saw them live at Street Scene and they know how to put on a show...not that their music is actually any good, but they know how to really sustain energy

but in the end of the day, isn't both the music and live show that really count?
or at least the music?
I think they can put on a good show because they know that they suck.
just a thought : /

roberto73
11-24-2007, 12:04 AM
I met Cold War Kids' drummer before the show at The Wiltern tonight. He confirmed that they'll be playing Coachella this year, as a break from recording their second album.

tessalasset
11-24-2007, 12:08 AM
Good work Roberto.

I should have asked Hanson at their show earlier this month.

tessalasset
11-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I am pushing for Swell Season btw.

mvanwinkle
11-24-2007, 01:04 AM
I met Cold War Kids' drummer before the show at The Wiltern tonight. He confirmed that they'll be playing Coachella this year, as a break from recording their second album.
i would be very hapy with this and then if white stripes head lined saturday that would be even better.

idrive1life
11-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Cold War Kids are all right. Interesting, it's kinda late for Coachella. I've seen them couple of times this year. First time was on their tour with Tokyo Police Club and then when they opened for Muse at Madison Square Garden. I watched other bands instead when they played at Lollapalooza and ACL this year.

suprefan
11-24-2007, 08:08 AM
How is MBV out?

idrive1life
11-24-2007, 08:17 AM
see MBV album thread

Joshi denied reports that My Bloody Valentine is planning to appear at the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, California, in late April. "If the band had been booked to play any summer festivals, I'd know about it," Joshi said. "We'll see how the summer shows go first."

I'm using some criteria and not so secret formula/souces lol (I trust bmack, Roberto, PF & among others. Oh well, Dani could just be messing with me/us but until she gives a go signal that Radiohead is playing ... heh heh). For now, based on that legitimate news, MBV are OUT and I'm also not convinced yet that Portishead are confirmed to play. Those links (Portishead playing Coachella) are basically rumors ... based "on confirmed sources".

Boourns
11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
Dani also said no Bon Jovi at Coachella 2008. Like, omg, huge mega-disappointment shocker!

rage patton
11-24-2007, 10:18 AM
turbonegro > prodigy in 07

There is something seriously wrong with you.

brando4n82
11-24-2007, 10:29 AM
I was actually really surprised when i saw turbonegro at Detour, I actually enjoyed their set!
I didnt bother to check out Prodigy back in 05, i think cuz they were playing the same time as NIN, I caught liek half of their last song and the crowd was going wild. the sahara tent was paaacked. I would definitely check them out this time around.

crazzz2007
11-24-2007, 12:08 PM
see MBV album thread

I'm using some criteria and not so secret formula/souces lol (I trust bmack, Roberto, PF & among others. Oh well, Dani could just be messing with me/us but until she gives a go signal that Radiohead is playing ... heh heh). For now, based on that legitimate news, MBV are OUT and I'm also not convinced yet that Portishead are confirmed to play. Those links (Portishead playing Coachella) are basically rumors ... based "on confirmed sources".

why are Ministry and Bon Jovi on your out list? you might as well also put N*Sync, New Kids on the Block and Elvis on their as well.

your list is entirely futile and annoying. take it out of your sig, and start a coachella 08 tracker thread or something. you can then edit the post whenever you feel like without polluting this board.

Neutral Milk Hotel
11-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Good work Roberto.

I should have asked Hanson at their show earlier this month.

OT, but awesome avatar.

idrive1life
11-24-2007, 12:39 PM
ZZZtick N-Zzzync into your azzz.

crazzz2007
11-24-2007, 12:49 PM
omgzzz, datz soo kewl!!! you added colorz to ur sig!!! how bout some hearts and pink dancing elephants??

betao
11-24-2007, 01:43 PM
hahahahhahaha

mvanwinkle
11-24-2007, 01:46 PM
i dont think bruce springsteen is out yet. he has saturday open? hes playing 25,27,28,30? unless their is something else that came out that i have not heard.

MarkO
11-24-2007, 03:01 PM
I like Oasis but I prefer to spell it "Ouasis"

I prefer Quoasis.
:)

crazzz2007
11-25-2007, 11:57 AM
damn, i drive.....you're pretty sensitive. that's twice you've changed your sig based on my comments.

malcolmjamalawesome
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Prodigy is going to use lasers on EVERYONE'S BALLS. Like usual.

leo01g
11-25-2007, 02:52 PM
i would be very hapy with this and then if white stripes head lined saturday that would be even better.

That would kick ass!! since i didnt get to see them in San Diego

diastereo
11-25-2007, 10:53 PM
i'm totally excited for rabbit in the moon!!! are they really confirmed. i've seen them twice at raves in DC in the 90's. they put on an AMAZING show and have some of the best dance music songs ever invented!

RotationSlimWang
11-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Prodigy is going to use lasers on EVERYONE'S BALLS. Like usual.

That's pretty fucking funny. And reminds me that I need to get those testicle tattoos removed.

flicchic8100
11-25-2007, 11:14 PM
IAMX , Radiohead , cure , PLEASE!!!

Sushov23
11-25-2007, 11:49 PM
I was at the Little Brother show, and according to Pooh this makes the first Hip-hop act confirmed.

diastereo
11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
i would love to see the cure at coachella. i have to miss their show at the Bowl in May to go to a wedding. :mad:

gorazd
11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
There is something seriously wrong with you.

ha ha ,

dude, prodigy is over!

I guess you missed them '94-'98 ...

orbit
11-26-2007, 01:09 AM
Why is Turbonegro better than the Prodigy?

gorazd
11-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Why is Turbonegro better than the Prodigy?

more fun.

Would be cool to see some Turbojugend members
in the desert. They rule over here (old europe)

betao
11-26-2007, 05:44 AM
bad news for us prodigy fans...

http://consequenceofsound.com/2007/11/26/update-the-prodigy-will-not-play-coachella-2008/

rage patton
11-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Wow. I knew it was too good to be true...

suprefan
11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Well nevermind on that, great. I was hyping that up to all my friends, this sucks. Well, Underworld and The Chemicals are still good enough.

orbit
11-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh well, hopefully they will release the new album and tour the US

PassiveTheory
11-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Watch, fucking Lolla gets them... Ugh.

summerkid
11-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I just don't understand how you can make a mistake like that.

psychic friend
11-26-2007, 11:47 AM
awe, more reasons to wait until the official line up is actually posted on coachella.com

PassiveTheory
11-26-2007, 11:48 AM
But Dani, without baseless speculation, the board would be a wasteland for months...

...Then again, that would make your job all the more easier... You're devious, you know.

paulb
11-26-2007, 12:53 PM
bad news for us prodigy fans...

http://consequenceofsound.com/2007/11/26/update-the-prodigy-will-not-play-coachella-2008/

my heart is broken...

suprefan
11-26-2007, 01:53 PM
awe, more reasons to wait until the official line up is actually posted on coachella.com

Or partially ''leaked'' to the Desert Sun and L.A. Times...... I wonder if that boosted presale ticket sales that sunday afternoon it happend.

Yes, it did..

psychic friend
11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
i dont even know what you are talking about.

abigjilm
11-26-2007, 01:57 PM
My Bloody Valentine are def doing some shows in England right after (summer) so I think they could be convinced to play

suprefan
11-26-2007, 02:53 PM
i dont even know what you are talking about.

Please see the names listed on the L.A times website the day before the line up announcement, confirming Rage, Bjork, RHCP and about 20 more. As if thats not done on purpose......

Alchemy
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Please see the names listed on the L.A times website the day before the line up announcement, confirming Rage, Bjork, RHCP and about 20 more. As if thats not done on purpose......

I'm sure it would have sold out anyway.

mvanwinkle
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
ya and why would goldenvoice want people to purchase pre-sale? They do it for loyal fans. Dont they loose money this way?

Ardentbiscuit
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Mistakes like this seem to happen all the time, that's why I never get my hopes up...

Look at Vegoose, 3 CBS radio stations posted flyers saying Kraftwerk and Modest Mouse would be there.

And "Of Montreal" posted they would be at Vegoose too.

But neither of those came true.

And what about the presale password for Coachella this year being Roxanne.

A lot of stuff is just mistakes, jokes, people jumping the gun before it's confirmed, etc.

I just take the stance of, I'll believe it when I see it!

:)

psychic friend
11-26-2007, 03:17 PM

oh i wasnt aware we had changed topics.. i thought we were talking about supposed band leaks in november that might not be true at all.

J~$$$
11-26-2007, 03:18 PM
giggles.

http://www.davidbowie.com/news/index.php?id=20071121

rage patton
11-26-2007, 03:20 PM
Well nevermind on that, great. I was hyping that up to all my friends, this sucks.

Me too! My girlfriend is going to be so choked...

my heart is broken...

As is mine man...

Oh well, hopefully they will release the new album and tour the US

As I just said in the Prodigy thread, its still possible they play Coachella. They just may not be confirmed yet. Or maybe they are... just certain people dont want us to know who is on the line up.

J~$$$
11-26-2007, 03:22 PM
no hand jobs this year.