PDA

View Full Version : *NEW* MY BLOODY VALENTINE ALBUM....

microlovebeat
11-07-2007, 12:51 PM
http://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/my-bloody-valentine-reunion-confirmed/

a possible release date of this year!

canexplain
11-07-2007, 01:09 PM
wow, coachella 08 dani ... canx**

Boourns
11-07-2007, 01:31 PM
So what Ian Svenonius told NME about his interview is being confirmed by more legit publications. Oooh yes. But...

As for My Bloody Valentine’s return to the stage and possible appearance at Coachella 2008, we have no new news to report (the subject does not come up in the Soft Focus interview). According to sources close to the band and the festival, discussions are ongoing and no final decisions have yet been made.

This contrasts with what Ian told NME:

Svenonius also spoke to Kevin Shields about the rumoured My Bloody Valentine reunion for Coachella 2008.

"Kevin Shields is a charming, gracious guy. There's a difference between guitar players and singers and of course he's a singer but he's more of a guitar player temperament. Singers are always over-compensating in interviews, whereas guitar players are more introverted. He's making a new record, but My Bloody Valentine is about to headline Coachella so I think that was part of the impetus for doing the interview."

Hmm. Maybe him asking about Coachella isn't going to be aired.

Oh God, please please let me see them at Coachella next year.

microlovebeat
11-07-2007, 01:52 PM
i think it's a matter of goldenvoice wanting to keep the performance a complete and total suprise.

after hearing this album news......i'm 90% sure they'll be at coachella.

Boourns
11-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Imagine how disappointed everyone will be if they don't play after all this.

microlovebeat
11-07-2007, 02:20 PM
it would be the biggest sham of all shams.

Tylerdurden31
11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
it would be the biggest sham of all shams.

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXAAAAAAAAAANNE!

microlovebeat
11-07-2007, 02:30 PM
ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOXAAAAAAAAAANNE!

yes. it would top even that.

TickleMeElmo
11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
The subject didn't come up in the interview? I'd be asking every artist I met that question. Fuck.

microlovebeat
11-07-2007, 02:41 PM
The subject didn't come up in the interview? I'd be asking every artist I met that question. Fuck.

i think Boourns is right. they probably edited the most important question out.

or the interviewer is an idiot.....

psychic friend
11-07-2007, 02:47 PM
i think one reason it's not published what bands are being talked to is because nothing is final until the contracts are signed. people dont realize tons and tons of bands are approached each year.. only a handful confirm. it would be a big bummer to read about all your favorite bands being asked and then not playing.. and its not really anyones business but the band/agent/manager why they are or are not playing. the speculation is always a fun topic though. but wait until its on the poster on the front page of coachella.com before you take it to seriously.

canexplain
11-07-2007, 02:55 PM
boy dani is busy today, must be a lull on the other fronts ... canx**

Boourns
11-07-2007, 03:36 PM
i think one reason it's not published what bands are being talked to is because nothing is final until the contracts are signed. people dont realize tons and tons of bands are approached each year.. only a handful confirm. it would be a big bummer to read about all your favorite bands being asked and then not playing.. and its not really anyones business but the band/agent/manager why they are or are not playing. the speculation is always a fun topic though. but wait until its on the poster on the front page of coachella.com before you take it to seriously.

Yeah, we (some of us, anyway) know it wouldn't be gv's fault since it's pretty much guaranteed they're at least trying to get My Bloody Valentine. Kevin Shields is rather nutty, which is where the problem lies.

I always find it interesting to read in an article about how they tried to get a certain band every single year until they finally play (Daft Punk, Radiohead, Beastie Boys, Nine Inch Nails, etc)

bballarl
11-07-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't really know what to do right now. Part of me is filled with great joy. Another part of me wants to quit making music, because nothing I ever create will come remotely close to My Bloody Valentine. The other part is nervous that it will all go to shit.

vinylmartyr
11-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Is there any way we can track this with GA numbers?

Somewhat Damaged
11-07-2007, 06:30 PM
Would the anticipation to see them be dramatically reduced were the new album to be received less favorably than, say, Zeitgeist?

bballarl
11-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Kevin Shields can't make bad music. He got that out of his system early on.

Somewhat Damaged
11-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Well, that settles that then.

Amneeziac
11-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Ooh, this ups prospects for Coachella 08, although given what Psychic Friend said, I'm not gonna flip out yet.

By the way, wanted to apologize to you, Psychic Friend (Dani?), for being an idiot to you on my Coachella 2008 fake poster thread like three months ago. I've been feeling bad about that, it was undeserved. You're actually quite awesome, as I'm sure you know. :o

luckyface
11-07-2007, 09:46 PM
According to an article on Billboard today...

In August, the Daily Swarm reported MBV was considering an offer to perform at the 2008 Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif. Billboard.com understands negotiations are indeed in progress but that as of a few weeks ago, signs were pointing toward the group not playing at the event.

Ruh roh.

bballarl
11-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Let's stop talking about this shit.

hangthedj112
11-07-2007, 09:55 PM
2008 Pre-sale password: Loveless

summerkid
11-07-2007, 09:56 PM

Ruh roh.

oh shit, this is what we get for assuming stuff.

alpharuin
11-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Well, looks like I might get to check MBV off my list after all. Now if only GY!BE will break their indefinite hiatus...

luckyface
11-07-2007, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if a Coachella deal hinges on it being the first place they play. Maybe they would rather get out on the road sooner than April.

Boourns
11-07-2007, 10:22 PM

Ruh roh.

Nooooo! Nooooo! *cries*

On a side note, Jarvis Cocker really needs to pull Pulp out of hiatus, even if only for a one-off. American fans were soooo screwed over when it came to Pulp gigs. That Denver (?) show that was cancelled but never made up, and no west coast gigs since 1996.

Mr.Nipples
11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
the founder and owner of zvex guitar effects is a member of harmonycentral.com, a musicians forum. this morning he was talking to some kid on a thread dedicated to all things shoegaze about how kevin shields is a huge fan of his pedals. he made a remark to the effect that kevin just ordered 3 pedals off him direct with the instructions that none were to be painted and had to be ready in time for february.he ended up deleting the post.

suprefan
11-11-2007, 08:34 PM
the founder and owner of zvex guitar effects is a member of harmonycentral.com, a musicians forum. this morning he was talking to some kid on a thread dedicated to all things shoegaze about how kevin shields is a huge fan of his pedals. he made a remark to the effect that kevin just ordered 3 pedals off him direct with the instructions that none were to be painted and had to be ready in time for february.he ended up deleting the post.

These are the posts that make peopel freak out cause of the communication chain of things.

Coach 08 they will be there, lets accept it.

shoegazer76
11-11-2007, 09:55 PM
As much as I want to see them them play I'm not really sure anymore. I might just wait til time travel is possible to see them. Everybody is expecting this epic set that will be incredibly disappointing if its not.

rage patton
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Just curious... at this time last year, were there rumours of a Jesus and Mary Chain reunion? Or when they were on the poster, was it a complete surprise?

shoegazer76
11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
They may as well throw in The Verve & Swervedriver along with Portishead & MBV maybe Ride to make it a one year shoegazextravaganza. Unless they wanna hold out to milk the shoegaze fans in 09 for ticket sales.

mountmccabe
11-11-2007, 10:16 PM
Just curious... at this time last year, were there rumours of a Jesus and Mary Chain reunion? Or when they were on the poster, was it a complete surprise?

I was completely caught off guard.

I tend to be skeptical of such things, though.

roberto73
11-11-2007, 10:23 PM
They may as well throw in The Verve & Swervedriver along with Portishead & MBV maybe Ride to make it a one year shoegazextravaganza. Unless they wanna hold out to milk the shoegaze fans in 09 for ticket sales.

Why stop there? How about Pale Saints? Slowdive? Chapterhouse? I would gladly see all of these.

Boourns
11-11-2007, 10:32 PM
And Asobi Seksu!

bballarl
11-11-2007, 10:50 PM
I am happy whenever a shoegaze group reunites because I was 3 in 1991 and thus missed everything to watch Sesame Street instead.

amyzzz
11-12-2007, 07:08 AM
I don't think Ride or Lush ever toured here, so I would like to see them. I did get to see Catherine Wheel, Curve, Chapterhouse, and Swervedriver though.

microlovebeat
11-12-2007, 08:45 AM
i was thinking the same thing about jesus and mary chain, and how early rumors began about them being at coachella last year.

were there any at all??

or was it a complete suprise?

and what about rage? maybe i missed something but i remember them coming outta nowhere....

luckyface
11-12-2007, 08:55 AM
Someone came on the board the night before announcements and started mentioning JAMC. But before that, there was not any chatter about them.

Rage was rumored for a little bit, though. I am not sure if it was wishful thinking on the part of some of the members here, but I definitely know there was talk they would reunite for a week or so before the announcement.

microlovebeat
11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
i'm hoping for some huge surprises like that again this year.

does anyone know if MBV ever played Sometimes live???

i've never found any evidence that they ever did.....

gazercmh
11-13-2007, 08:15 PM
no one would be happier than me if mbv really does release another album and/or play at coachella, but kevin shields has said he's going to release a new album pretty much every year for the past 10 years, so i'll believe it when i have it in my hands or on my hard drive.

dorkfish
11-15-2007, 07:56 AM
http://assets3.pitchforkmedia.com/images/image/41352.mbvflier.jpg

All That I Am
11-15-2007, 08:04 AM
it surprised the shit out of me.

Mr.Nipples
11-15-2007, 08:13 AM
fortunate bastards...

fatbastard
11-15-2007, 08:23 AM
I am not exactly jumping up and down due to the source of this update. Something from NME would confirm this is a reality.

canexplain
11-15-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't think Ride or Lush ever toured here, so I would like to see them. I did get to see Catherine Wheel, Curve, Chapterhouse, and Swervedriver though.

AMY, i wonder if you just missed Lush ... they hit denver at least 3 times i think back then, i know i caught them two times ... i always liked them ...and CW for sure ... canx**

amyzzz
11-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Ron, Lush never toured HERE in Phoenix, except they may have been at a Lollapalooza. I can't quite remember. If so, I didn't go that year. Damn me.

Also, I wanted to complain about how no one seems to be able to spell "official," but that other "OFFICAL" MBV thread has already been closed. tee hee.

orbit
11-23-2007, 05:38 PM
My Bloody Valentine plans to "do a Radiohead" releasing new album (http://www.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUSN2330957120071123) and manager talks about rumored Coachella appearance

DUBLIN (Billboard) - Alternative-rock band My Bloody Valentine plans to "do a Radiohead" when the Anglo-Irish quartet releases its long-awaited follow-up to 1991's "Loveless," Billboard has learned.

"The plan is that they will release the album themselves via the Internet, but there will also probably be a vinyl release," the band's London-based manager, Vinita Joshi, said.

But the band is unlikely to follow Radiohead's pay-what-you-like download model for its new recordings, he added.

"At the moment, all I can say is that Kevin is getting the band back together and they will go into the studio next month to work on the new record," Joshi said, referring to notoriously reclusive singer/guitarist and bandleader Kevin Shields.

In the meantime, demand for the band's 2008 U.K. tour, its first since 1992, has proved strong. The initial three dates sold out after just six minutes on November 16, and four shows were then added to the schedule. The dates kick off with three shows at the 2,000-capacity Roundhouse in London starting June 20, with all four members of the "Loveless" lineup -- Shields, singer/guitarist Bilinda Butcher, bassist Debbie Googe and drummer Colm O'Ciosoig -- involved.

Joshi denied reports that My Bloody Valentine is planning to appear at the Coachella Music & Arts Festival in Indio, California, in late April. "If the band had been booked to play any summer festivals, I'd know about it," Joshi said. "We'll see how the summer shows go first."

Reuters/Billboard

amyzzz
11-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Ouch.

edit: on that last part.

idrive1life
11-23-2007, 06:49 PM
"We'll see how the summer shows go first."

So are we going to add MBV in the bands who will not be at Coachella '08?
Edit ->

orbit
11-23-2007, 07:31 PM
So are we going to add MBV in the bands who will not be at Coachella '08?

No. Assuming MBV are not booked yet, there's still plenty of time to work things out with them. I won't believe it 100% until Shields says they won't play, or if they are scheduled for other shows the same days than Coachella.

Or in the worst scenario... I always wanted go to Glasgow anyway *sighs*

idrive1life
11-23-2007, 07:38 PM
For now, they will stay in my Out list until they make it really happen.

superfiction
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
you could make a maybe list

idrive1life
11-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Naaaaaah, it's either in or out. I would have to put thousands of acts in that category. They won't fit in my sig. heh heh

superfiction
11-23-2007, 07:44 PM
i personally wouldnt put radiohead under no either just cuz dani is messin with us. it could go either way

idrive1life
11-23-2007, 07:50 PM
I have to wait on that one too. (Once I get Dani's PM confirming she is just messing with us, I'll remove Radiohead in that list. So if you no longer see Radiohead in my list ... I got it! lol)

superfiction
11-23-2007, 08:06 PM
oh ok.

betao
11-23-2007, 09:44 PM
what about Rabbit in the Moon and Death Cab For Cutie? those are personal confirmations, do they count?

orbit
11-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Pretty much, but this is the thread for MBV and our prayers for them to play next year

No thread hijacks!

fatbastard
11-24-2007, 12:35 AM
I had no idea the lead single of MBV contributed to the lost in translation soundtrack.

microlovebeat
11-24-2007, 06:19 PM
For now, they will stay in my Out list until they make it really happen.

you're really starting to piss me off.