PDA

View Full Version : Hotel room + camping pass FTW!

Senor Cardgage
11-03-2007, 04:46 PM
The plan this year is to get a hotel room cuz were pussies but also drop the $45 for the camping so's we can party.

If this all goes according to plan I will post it in this thread here and (if yer a camper) I will pass our unndeeded campin space on to you. Maybe you can use it to plant a vegetable garden or something next to your tent. Perhaps dig a small pit in which you can roast a pig.

DeltaSigChi4
11-03-2007, 04:51 PM
DUMBEST. LODGING. IDEA. EVER.

E

Senor Cardgage
11-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Camped last year.
It was awesome.
Girl cant hang.
Needs a place to do up all her girlshit.

Senor Cardgage
11-03-2007, 04:56 PM
Also jacuzzi + mushrooms + cheap Rite Aid champagne + desert = the kindd of high where it feels like someones gently stroking the bottom of yer nuts with soft astroturf

DeltaSigChi4
11-03-2007, 04:58 PM
I see. Tell her that she looked most stunning during those three days of Coachella 07. Tell her that she'll always look beautiful, doesn't matter if you're camping on a field for a weekend or for a year.

E

DeltaSigChi4
11-03-2007, 04:59 PM
The traffic is going to make you hate life.

E

Senor Cardgage
11-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Doen the traffic before. Its tolerable.
Plus now well be able to park in camping lot.
AND we ont be leaving right away at night. Well be partying at the camp.

amyzzz
11-03-2007, 11:13 PM
I was thinking about this too, but I don't think my man can handle being anywhere near the campground. God I hate the traffic though.

krunchy
11-04-2007, 06:01 AM
The fact that camping is a separate ticket to the 3 day pass still baffles me. Why on earth would you stay in a friggin hotel? You get about 5% of the experience....

DeltaSigChi4
11-04-2007, 07:54 AM
There isn't enough camping space for 60,000 people.

It isn't that hard to figure out.

E

amyzzz
11-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, the Polo Field isn't as big as the area Bonaroo uses.

industrialwaffle
11-04-2007, 10:11 AM
If he has the money to dispose on a hotel room + a camping pass, why not?

DeltaSigChi4
11-04-2007, 10:32 AM
Because it will be more than a camping pass. He has a companion.

Furthermore, if I have money to dispose on fifty camping passes, why not? Because it is stupid. And selfish. That is forty-nine other festival-goers who will be camping-less because of it.

E

amyzzz
11-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Oh dang. I never thought of that.

Senor Cardgage
11-04-2007, 11:59 AM
True. But I doubt the two of us are going to displace that many people AND Ill probably give the extra space to a theme camp that could use like. Like Camp Harajuku. That benefits everyone.

gaypalmsprings
11-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Furthermore, if I have money to dispose on fifty camping passes, I can resell them on eBay for great profit

E

No doubt

DeltaSigChi4
11-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Cute. I'll think about it.

E

gaypalmsprings
11-04-2007, 12:46 PM
You can camp out in my yard - if only I had a yard.

DeltaSigChi4
11-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Can I sell camping passes for your yard on eBay?

E

Courtney
11-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Actually, I don't think this is a bad idea in terms of personal benefit. You would get to use the camper entrance and camper parking lot which would both be big pluses. If you chose, you could even set up a tent and crash there at night, and then leave for your hotel when the traffic dissipated or even the next morning when your tent started to get hot.

Honestly I must be getting old or something because the idea of partying every night during festival weekend is far too exhausting for me to consider. The festival is tiring enough as-is without staying up all night Friday and Saturday too. But if this is your sort of thing and you can afford it, camping+hotel may not a bad way to go. Although for me, I rarely find I have enough time to just get a good nights sleep, enjoy the hotel pool, meet up with friends, enjoy the sponsored parties, feed myself and see all the bands I want to see, so I can't imagine adding the extra component of spending time on the campground to the mix.

Also I do think there is a valid ethical consideration about allocation of resources. Just because you can afford it and can get there first, does that really mean that you should be extravagant at the expense of others who might later want to use those resources?

Wheres the beef?
11-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Because it will be more than a camping pass. He has a companion.

Furthermore, if I have money to dispose on fifty camping passes, why not? Because it is stupid. And selfish. That is forty-nine other festival-goers who will be camping-less because of it.

E

Kinda like scalping concert tickets huh? Wow. Who would have thought?

DeltaSigChi4
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Uh, you're an idiot.

In one scenario, the camping passes are NEVER MADE AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO NEED THEM.

In another, the concert tickets are.

You're an idiot.

E

DeltaSigChi4
11-04-2007, 07:15 PM
And I'm not a scalper.

E

Wheres the beef?
11-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Uh, you're an idiot.

In one scenario, the camping passes are NEVER MADE AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO NEED THEM.

In another, the concert tickets are.

You're an idiot.

E

:laughyou :thu :rotfl

HAHAHAH you are such a fucking hyppocrite! Hahahah!

DeltaSigChi4
11-04-2007, 07:44 PM
:blah

E

scoop49er
11-04-2007, 07:49 PM
the hotel/camping idea is actually not bad.. if you want to get soem camping in, cool.. if it becomes too much, hey u got the room and ur ok..

i will think about this for a min. personally i get enough coachella when im inside the festival. ill go to the hotel and get my sleep

Wheres the beef?
11-04-2007, 08:41 PM
Why sleep when you can party?

Botrocker
11-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Glad to see someone shares my idea. I also plan on bringing a bicycle.

And another thing they simply don't run out of camping space. Last year my friend and I grabbed all the e-tickets for onsite camping, after they were used and sold them to people in need of camping passes for like $20. This was possible because the staff wasn't scanning the tickets, but just glancing at them.

I also love stealing all the contraband late at night. Oh we at coachella you and can live free.

RotationSlimWang
11-07-2007, 07:58 PM
I actually had the idea to do this a few months ago, and I think I'm sticking with it. I'd prefer to finally get enough of my asshole friends together to get a house for the weekend instead of just a hotel. I absolutely need the campground though to procure all the drugs I can (or sell as the case may be) and have somewhere to chill out after the show. Even I am a little hesitant to go driving after taking as many substances as I usually do at Coachella. Well, at least I am in an area I don't know with that much traffic. If it was in LA I wouldn't mind.

McFearless
11-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Actually, this gave me the idea to just buy one camping pass in order to use the closer parking. FUCKING GENIUS!

amyzzz
11-08-2007, 04:06 PM
If you do that, you can't move your car from camping parking lot from 11pm to 2am (at least the signs said that last year).

McFearless
11-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Oh. Damn. Well, last year we didn't stay for headliners. We were gone by like 10. So that still might work.