PDA

View Full Version : RESERVE A ROOM NOW! 6 MONTH NOTICE!

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:09 PM
ok people, i just reserved my room for coachella 08. about 20 miles away. basic motel 6 but really cool people and had a good time there . next to a dennys and gas place for snacks so it was all good. i noticed when looking for rooms that most places within 10-20 miles close are booked and i know last year alot of people were SOL so if u plan on going reserve it now! most places all u have to do is just put down a credit card and you can cancel if things change. good luck people! :)

DeltaSigChi4
11-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Camping > over*priced shit room

E

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:15 PM
honestly delta, i am not doing camping. call me a pussy all u want but i like going back to a room, getting some privacy, a shower, and also checking out the local coverage on tv about the show. plus geting some cheap ass dennys always gets me ready for the next day.

invisiblerobots
11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
You're just getting your room figured out now? Why did you wait so long?

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:16 PM
but it is overpriced! all hotels bumped up their prices! fuckers!

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:17 PM
You're just getting your room figured out now? Why did you wait so long?

i went to about 15 all day festivals this year so i was busy rocking the fuck out! :) i told myself once vegoose was over id book a room. i got the one i expected so no worries! :)

gaypalmsprings
11-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I live here. Ha!

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I live here. Ha!

once sacramento gets a festival i can say that as well.... u fucker! :)lol

DeltaSigChi4
11-02-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm staying in GPS' yard.

E

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:31 PM
plus im letting people know basic info now cuz i remember being a coachella rookie last year and did so much research cuz i wanted to be prepard and i asked a ton of questions that would annoy the veterans but so many people stepped up and helped with shortcuts, dining info, hotels, etc.. so i want to return the favor cuz i know alot of people lurk and once it goes down alot of people are gonna need info so im gonna help since im a 2nd year coachella player now! :)

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm staying in GPS' yard.

E

good idea. how much?

invisiblerobots
11-02-2007, 06:36 PM
i went to about 15 all day festivals this year so i was busy rocking the fuck out! :) i told myself once vegoose was over id book a room. i got the one i expected so no worries! :)

Ah, I see. :) I've been to Coachella six times, camping twice, which I will never do again. I did have some fun while camping but in the end it was too noisy and too hot and I appreciate a good night's sleep. The hotel amenities are worth their expense to me and over the years I've learned to book early for the following year. Pretty much as soon as I get back home, actually.

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:40 PM
Ah, I see. :) I've been to Coachella six times, camping twice, which I will never do again. I did have some fun while camping but in the end it was too noisy and too hot and I appreciate a good night's sleep. The hotel amenities are worth their expense to me and over the years I've learned to book early for the following year. Pretty much as soon as I get back home, actually.

yeah coachella was something we always wanted to do but our kids were still in their infant stage so it was hard to get away. now they are 10 and 7 and we have the grandparents watch them so its open for us to go...

camping was a option but i need to get the time off to relax. im 36 now. when i was in my 20's , hell, ill do the 7 day road trip and camp all day and night. now i like my sleepy time for my backy! :) plus its good to wake up to silence to fire it up and go all out at the festival! its worth the money now... im saving it up as we speak those pennies will count later! :)

psychic friend
11-02-2007, 06:45 PM
last year i dropped off a girl at a motel about 2 miles from the festival (thursday night).. there are a few out there. they dont take reservations. she got a room for like $50. im sure it was gross though.

psychic friend
11-02-2007, 06:46 PM
im 36 now. ........... i like my sleepy time for my backy! :) plus its good to wake up to silence to fire it up and go all out at the festival! its worth the money now... im saving it up as we speak those pennies will count later! :)

i concur

invisiblerobots
11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
yeah coachella was something we always wanted to do but our kids were still in their infant stage so it was hard to get away. now they are 10 and 7 and we have the grandparents watch them so its open for us to go...

camping was a option but i need to get the time off to relax. im 36 now. when i was in my 20's , hell, ill do the 7 day road trip and camp all day and night. now i like my sleepy time for my backy! :) plus its good to wake up to silence to fire it up and go all out at the festival! its worth the money now... im saving it up as we speak those pennies will count later! :)

I hear ya man. When I go on vacation to the desert I like to sleep in a plush bed with A/C and a pool. I get plenty of camping time in up here in the NW but when I'm flying in for several full days of concert going I need a quality place to go back to recharge. It ain't easy getting old I guess.

scoop49er
11-02-2007, 06:57 PM
the calf muscles start to hurt earlier, the feet hurt more, the back starts to act up, the wanting to sit for longer times start to happen, etc, etc,etc. lol. back in the day, i could go 2 days standing up just to make a point i could hang longer. fuck that now! i pace myself and actually enjoy myself so much more now! plus kicking that a/c into full blast feels so fucking good after a long night of drinking and rocking and dancing. its part older age, but more experience! if they ever had a 10 day festival, id make it only cuz i know how to pace it now. before id pass out after 3! LOL but thats just young energy and i still have it to a point but just a little smarter and older in a good way!

oh and psychic, tell anyone who will listen to make a offer to bat for lashes! :) i dig her big time!

captncrzy
11-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Fuck GPS's yard; I bet he has a guest room.

DeltaSigChi4
11-02-2007, 08:29 PM
GPS won't even let me stay in his guest room.

He hates guys with beards.

E

captncrzy
11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
You really should rethink the camping thing Edwin-especially since you now have a hit out on you-easier to find in the campground.

Wheres the beef?
11-02-2007, 09:01 PM
GPS won't even let me stay in his guest room.

He hates guys with beards.

E

When did you start a beard?

algunz
11-02-2007, 09:04 PM
You all should just sleep in your cars in the parking lot - ya know, lighten the load the next day.

DeltaSigChi4
11-02-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm not afraid of anyone who threatens me over the internets via Canada ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v604/DeltaSigChi4/mountie1.jpg

E

invisiblerobots
11-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Tom Cruise has a beard:
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/031028/85237__tc_l.jpg

Hang on, wait, here it is:
http://carielle.blogs.friendster.com/my_blog/images/katie_and_tom.jpg

DeltaSigChi4
11-02-2007, 10:36 PM
This (http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12493) is the thread you're looking for.

E

JustSteve
11-02-2007, 11:25 PM
ok people, i just reserved my room for coachella 08. about 20 miles away. basic motel 6 but really cool people and had a good time there . next to a dennys and gas place for snacks so it was all good. i noticed when looking for rooms that most places within 10-20 miles close are booked and i know last year alot of people were SOL so if u plan on going reserve it now! most places all u have to do is just put down a credit card and you can cancel if things change. good luck people! :)

that's where i stayed last year and had my car broken into. be sure to park as close to the motel as possible, not out in the back parking lot. the night after the break in i parked right in front of denny's.

i actually booked another motel 6 a few months ago, right at washington and the 10, only about a 10 minute drive from the festival, but now found out i will be staying onsite this year through some good fortune and will probably drop the motel 6 at some point, or maybe keep it for friends.

amyzzz
11-03-2007, 05:17 AM
I have to wait until January I think to book my resort (I need to pay for my annual fees first). I just hope they don't fill up at my Palm Springs resort before I reserve my room. My husband Jacob can't deal with camping so well, and I agree that is it very hard to sleep in the campground.

Scoop, you're actually near my age--we should hang out. There are way too many youngins on this board. :thu We could compare body aches and commiserate about whining children 'n shizz. My kids are 5 and 7.

ArcadeParade
11-03-2007, 07:42 AM
house in indian palms is the ultimate, no? :)

Wheres the beef?
11-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Camping on site is the ultimate.

gaypalmsprings
11-03-2007, 10:24 AM
Just watch out if Delta attempts to sell you water.

http://www.bob-v.com/mara/images/ewater.jpg

captncrzy
11-03-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm probably going to switch my room from the Motel 6 to the Hilton Garden Inn-it's a little more expensive but I'll earn a crapload of points that I can use for my London trip next fall.

Does anyone want me to PM them when I cancel my room over there so you can take it?

Senor Cardgage
11-03-2007, 04:40 PM
once sacramento gets a festival i can say that as well.... u fucker! :)lol

Hey! Im Sacramento too!
You go every year?

scoop49er
11-05-2007, 05:35 AM
I'm probably going to switch my room from the Motel 6 to the Hilton Garden Inn-it's a little more expensive but I'll earn a crapload of points that I can use for my London trip next fall.

Does anyone want me to PM them when I cancel my room over there so you can take it?

i would be interested.. what motel 6 did u reserve? message me if u can. thanks!

scoop49er
11-05-2007, 05:38 AM
Hey! Im Sacramento too!
You go every year?

this will be year #2 for us. we have wanted to go since 99 but i was seeing rage in sac that year so we passed then every year since something came up plus having kids, etc,etc. but now we reserve a few days each year to go do some stuff and now that coachella is a 3 day festival, its a lock that we go and now even if it was one day we would go cuz my wife actually loves it more than me and thats saying something.. :) do u go every year?

Senor Cardgage
11-05-2007, 12:35 PM
this will be year #2 for us. we have wanted to go since 99 but i was seeing rage in sac that year so we passed then every year since something came up plus having kids, etc,etc. but now we reserve a few days each year to go do some stuff and now that coachella is a 3 day festival, its a lock that we go and now even if it was one day we would go cuz my wife actually loves it more than me and thats saying something.. :) do u go every year?

Been every year since 04 (and Ill never ever miss it again)

I was at that Rage show in 99. Arco. Gangstarr opened.
Was one of the first things I did after moving here.

scoop49er
11-05-2007, 01:16 PM
yep, i was at that show as well. i also saw them in 97 when cal expo still held concerts there. the wu-tang was supposed to be there but instead it was the roots and i believe atari teenage riot.

McFearless
11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
I booked two rooms at marriott resport villa I in palm desert. Anyone know valuable information about the area/hotel. Looks pretty nice. About 12 miles away. Last year we stayed somewhere that was 1 1/2 hours away and that was with no traffic cause we left early everyday.

johnnystar
11-13-2007, 01:10 AM
made my reservation yesterday staying at the country inn hotel in rancho mirage about 10 min. away reserved it for 169 a nite that cheap compared to over hotels

aprillynnn
11-13-2007, 06:51 AM
We got a 2 bedroom condo in palm springs for a good deal, I booked it back in July. That's about a 15 min drive from the festival? I'm kinda dreading the traffic after reading all the threads, we camped in 07.

Coachella .. here we come!!!

scoop49er
11-13-2007, 07:52 AM
we are staying at a motel6 right of the highway about a 30 min drive from the motel to the actual parking lot.

decent dennys right next door and gas stations right there.. about 300 for 4 nights. just a spot to crash! rest of cash going towards lots of brewskis!

BROKENDOLL
11-13-2007, 08:14 AM
We got a 2 bedroom condo in palm springs for a good deal, I booked it back in July. That's about a 15 min drive from the festival? I'm kinda dreading the traffic after reading all the threads, we camped in 07.

Coachella .. here we come!!!
Palm springs is more like 30 minutes away from the fest. (Without traffic.) Just take the freeway to the Jefferson Street exit. They widened that street this past year so it's a huge difference compared to the past. I live about 1/4 mile from venue on Monroe street and was suprised at how smooth traffic flowed until about 3-4 pm. That's about the time I noticed a line forming.

ShyGuy75
11-13-2007, 09:50 AM
house in indian palms is the ultimate, no? :)

Most definately! That is what we do every year. Nothing beats coming back from the fest and soaking yourself in the hot-tub, lighting a splif, and having someone else cook you cheeseburgers on the grill.

Waking up freezing cold in the middle of the night to turn down the A/C is the only downside to all of this.

SFChrissy
11-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Last year my friend booked at motel 6 and opted to not go with my secure spot and was kicked out of her room saturday morning because they over booked by 30 and changed her dates of her reservation...

Good luck!!!

gaypalmsprings
11-13-2007, 03:10 PM
I have 3 bedrooms. I was thinking of sleeping in the king size bed, but maybe I'll sleep in the full size. No, maybe the single bed since it's downstairs. Then again, maybe my queen size sleeper sofa. Damn, I can't decide. Maybe I'll just camp out.

scoop49er
11-13-2007, 08:42 PM
Last year my friend booked at motel 6 and opted to not go with my secure spot and was kicked out of her room saturday morning because they over booked by 30 and changed her dates of her reservation...

Good luck!!!

ive stayed numerous times at motel 6 and i always call to confirm my reservation. at least 5 times from when i reserve it to the actual date. plus ive secured it 6 months till the fest plus have id numbers of reps ive talked to through cust care plus the confirm number... so if were to get into a situation i have my argument backed up... plus we get there on a thursday and i make sure and confirm 4 nights are in their system it shows when the reservation was made...trust me ive asked.

scoop49er
11-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Palm springs is more like 30 minutes away from the fest. (Without traffic.) Just take the freeway to the Jefferson Street exit. They widened that street this past year so it's a huge difference compared to the past. I live about 1/4 mile from venue on Monroe street and was suprised at how smooth traffic flowed until about 3-4 pm. That's about the time I noticed a line forming.

we take the washington exit and go all the way down to the ave 52 and go right through. no problem..

BROKENDOLL
11-13-2007, 10:23 PM
we take the washington exit and go all the way down to the ave 52 and go right through. no problem..
Yeah, that works well too. I don't recall if they had finished widening Monroe street last year, but what a difference it has made now. Hell, they even put a light in just before the venue at Ave. 50! If anything, try the Jefferson Street out. You get off the freeway, go about 1/4 mile and you have Walgreens and a coffee cafe to pitstop at before heading towards Hwy. 111. Besides, the road is now 3 lanes and they did a pretty good job on the new bridge. Just stay on Jefferson until you get to 52.

slurpee
11-14-2007, 03:37 PM
over the years I've learned to book early for the following year. Pretty much as soon as I get back home, actually.

It must be interesting booking a hotel for an event with unknown dates.

captncrzy
11-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I booked mine a year in advance; it's not hard to figure out; it's been the last weekend in April for years. Besides, if you're smart and book it through the hotel's website, you can cancel your reservation any time.

smoke
11-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I booked mine a year in advance; it's not hard to figure out; it's been the last weekend in April for years. Besides, if you're smart and book it through the hotel's website, you can cancel your reservation any time.

exactly. the dates were an obvious guess. and if they announced different ones, i would have just changed the reservation. i booked my room 15 minutes from the venue for $89 a night. i booked a year in advance as well.

its pretty interesting booking hotels for unknown event dates all right. it also means i'm staying closer and for cheaper than you are.

unless you camp onsite. or you live in indio.

:thu

scoop49er
11-14-2007, 08:17 PM
anyone who can get a room in indio or up to 25 miles away is in good shape... im 19 out so its all good.

michaelmontanez
11-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I remember reading a thread last year about the horrors of the Deluxe Inn, but I stayed there last year. Sure it was overpriced, but they had renovated, and it was pretty nice, and the people who ran it were really nice. I'm going to camp this year though.

aprillynnn
11-18-2007, 12:34 PM

thanks for the info!

scoop49er
11-18-2007, 09:57 PM
no matter what i always feel the ned to be there before the show starts. i always want to get my full moneys worth! im there from beginning to end! :) so i always avoid the late rush! the 3pm crowd

Glamour Damaged
12-10-2007, 01:38 PM
I booked my hotel a week ago. Last year we stayed at the Motel6 in Palm Springs that was 20 min from the fest. This year I checked the availability for the Motel6 in Indio (the one thatís 3 miles from the fest right on Monroe!) It was all booked up for the Coachella dates. I checked back the next day, and there was availability! Thatís usually the first hotel that gets booked the fastest. Im glad I checked again. So im all set. I donít really care about a fancy house. Way too much effort into it. You need a huge deposit, cleaning fee, etc. etc. All I need is a nice bed, a shower, some tv, an ice chest full of alcohol & food and a dennys nearby, and im happy :D

amyzzz
12-10-2007, 02:10 PM
I figure if my room is not booked by mid January, I will just plan on camping. I'm waiting until my parents' annual resort dues are paid up. Then they can reserve a room for me. :thu

Melanie.Dawn
12-10-2007, 02:21 PM
My friends and I just rented an awesome house in palm springs, and split between all of us, its an awesome price.
I'm actually quite excited... especially for an event thats 5 1/2 months away

ShyGuy75
12-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Congrats Melanie! You are going to have so much fun.

Glamour Damaged
12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
My friends and I just rented an awesome house in palm springs, and split between all of us, its an awesome price.
I'm actually quite excited... especially for an event thats 5 1/2 months away

Its actually 4 1/2 months away

scoop49er
12-10-2007, 03:19 PM
damn! good booking! ill have to double check. i usually check every 2 weeks but it is never available!

scoop49er
12-10-2007, 03:21 PM
I booked my hotel a week ago. Last year we stayed at the Motel6 in Palm Springs that was 20 min from the fest. This year I checked the availability for the Motel6 in Indio (the one thatís 3 miles from the fest right on Monroe!) It was all booked up for the Coachella dates. I checked back the next day, and there was availability! Thatís usually the first hotel that gets booked the fastest. Im glad I checked again. So im all set. I donít really care about a fancy house. Way too much effort into it. You need a huge deposit, cleaning fee, etc. etc. All I need is a nice bed, a shower, some tv, an ice chest full of alcohol & food and a dennys nearby, and im happy :D

we must be twins cuz that is exactly how i feel. and we stayed at the same hotel.. the one by dennys right? it was totally fine. :)

Glamour Damaged
12-11-2007, 07:12 AM
Yeah, I probably got lucky. Someone probably cancelled theirs right when I was checking.

invisiblerobots
12-11-2007, 07:51 AM

I stayed at that Motel 6 in 04. It was a total shithole and they changed the keys every day so we had to wait in line to get a new key each night upon returning from the show. The only thing that it had going for it was that it was walking distance to the venue.

Glamour Damaged
12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
Never heard of Motel 6 doing that. That was 4 years ago, so I bet it should be different than what you experianced. I stayed at one last year for the fest and it was great. A Motel 6 is a Motel 6. Im not looking for luxery....

BROKENDOLL
12-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Maybe not luxurious, but they will keep the light on for you.

Glamour Damaged
12-11-2007, 08:49 AM
Hmmmm.... I guess I'll think about it some more. I read the reviews. Half are good, half are bad. Oh well. I have up until the day of to cancel...

MiamiNate
12-11-2007, 09:18 AM
the way that coachella has gotten popular over the past 3 years, you're a fool to not have a hotel booked by the end of october if you want to get a resonable rate at a decent place.

we're booked at travel lodge in palm springs for like 90 a night.

Melanie.Dawn
12-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Its actually 4 1/2 months away

even better.

I keep forgetting how quickly time passes. When I looked into the booking it was 5 1/2 months away!

Glamour Damaged
12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
Ok, ok, ok I cancelled. I read SO many bad and scary reviews about that place!! Mine are up for grabs if you dare :)

artisticcreator
12-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Hotels are filling up fast. For the price it's just as easy to drive the 20 miles to Palm Springs and stay at a Motel 6 as it is paying allot more money for something close. We thought about a house this year for 6 people, but since we only stay in it for a couple of hours each day for pre-show attitude adjustments and prep work besides sleeping, something expensive didn't make sense and camping sucks with all the dust!

Also, plan on getting tickets when they come out, they are anticipating it selling out faster than last year! They must have a good line up planned!

See you all there! After I recover from Amsterdam! My head should be clear enough to fog up again! :-)

Courtney
12-11-2007, 02:28 PM
I stayed at that Motel 6 in 04. It was a total shithole and they changed the keys every day so we had to wait in line to get a new key each night upon returning from the show. The only thing that it had going for it was that it was walking distance to the venue.

I had that experience, too. They lock you out every night so you have to go wait at the front desk at 1am or whatever to get a new key card. Sort of sucks. There were also cigarette burn holes in the sheets and unidentified stains on the carpet.

I won't be staying there again.

rhertz
12-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Ok, ok, ok I cancelled. I read SO many bad and scary reviews about that place!! Mine are up for grabs if you dare :)

I hope you found something else before you cancelled because rooms are hard to find anywhere close unless you're willing to pay top dollar. I'd love to have gotten that room but it was already taken when I checked the website. I've never had problems at Motel 6 and usually stay at them when I travel. I love reading how everyone always says their rooms aren't cleaned and there are rats the size of dogs running through the halls. I've never seen it.

Glamour Damaged
12-11-2007, 03:13 PM
I hope you found something else before you cancelled because rooms are hard to find anywhere close unless you're willing to pay top dollar. I'd love to have gotten that room but it was already taken when I checked the website. I've never had problems at Motel 6 and usually stay at them when I travel. I love reading how everyone always says their rooms aren't cleaned and there are rats the size of dogs running through the halls. I've never seen it.

Yep. Found another place before I cancelled :D "this aint my first time at the rodeo"

I havent had problems at any Motel 6 either, however, read the reviews about the Indio one. Some scary stuff!

scoop49er
12-11-2007, 03:21 PM
i stayed at motel 6 in vegas where basically pimps and hoes were all over the place. still never had a problem.... its all in the experience you have.

Ardentbiscuit
12-14-2007, 08:12 AM
I think GPS is selling camping passes for his yard so don't expect to camp there without one.