PDA

View Full Version : Driving a 24 ft. RV from OC..

tibu1
01-27-2007, 11:28 AM
I am looking for mellow people who may want to go in on renting an RV with me. I booked an RV space very close to the site. I am looking for people willing to split the RV rental/gas/camping space.
I will be leaving from Orange County on the 26th-just to have a day to chill before the whole thing starts, and will be leaving for home on the 30th. (The 26th isn't firm, I'd consider going on the 27th).
Any takers?

le_saavs
01-28-2007, 08:37 AM
i possibly would want stats on this...
oh_omphaloskepsis@hotmail.com

tibu1
01-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Ok...I'm leaving from Orange County on the 26th. The RV is a small 24-footer that sleeps 6. It'll have a kitchen, fridge, bathroom/shower and storage area. I plan on minimizing my expenses by bringing food, water and beer. It's a place to sleep, eat and chill before and after the shows.
If I can't get anyone to commit to sharing the expenses, I guess I'll just camp....I think the RV idea would really seem like a good idea after a long day in the sun. Camping is fine, but nowhere near as restful, especially by the 3rd (and all-important) day!
If anyone reading this is coming from someplace else, and still hasn't gotten lodging, we could just meet there, and it'll be your home for 3 or 4 days.
Like I said earlier though~not to be a drag but I'm really looking for low-key people, not crazed party types. I'm a big music lover...but probably older than most people. I think it's going to be a great music event, and I don't want to miss it! I also don't want to pay $300 a night for a hotel, so this seems like a good alternative.

arie117
02-18-2007, 09:05 AM
what time are you leaving?

tibu1
02-18-2007, 10:00 AM
I hope to leave afterwork on Thursday. There's no set time, I'm thinking 6-8 p.m.. The point would be to be there early enough to set up and be ready to go for the following day, when I think the roads will start to really start to become a nightmare.
If you look at my posts, under Carpools I figured out a break-down on what the expenses might be.
btw~I work in Irvine, but live in Aliso Viejo.

BeeII
02-19-2007, 02:20 PM
PM sent

arie117
02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
i work in in aliso!! and get off at 6

tibu1
02-19-2007, 09:52 PM
I think that with todays emails, I may have have hit the 6th person. Everyone that has emailed me, although I sent out emails to you all, please respond ASAP, so I can know who are you are!!

el_ornelas
02-21-2007, 12:07 AM
hey there, i got your post, i just don't have much time to respond and confirm. i have a bunch of questions about you/the trip/people going/where it's going to park... please still consider me. i got your email, i just have been VERY busy with schoolwork. i will send you a proper email tomorrow by the evening for sure.

thank you! i'm from sacramento, again, in case you forgot

MikeWeez
02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
if ya still need a 6th email me

micall316@hotmail.com