Peaches
Klaxons
Busy P
Whitey
Uberzone
Steve Aoki
Wired all Wrong

And many more TBA!

Is anyone going to this?? Someone handed me an flyer during the Justice Set at detour...

http://www.myspace.com/hardnye

suprefan
10-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Whoa, I am going. I hope this is 21 +.

AEversW
10-07-2007, 04:58 PM
am i the only one that giggled at the title of this thread?

All That I Am
10-07-2007, 05:00 PM
That's gonna be a kickass party, I hope to be there.

Lurker_in_a_tree
10-07-2007, 05:20 PM
isn't it a little strange that what seems to be a big deal event is being thrown by completely unknown promoters? i can't even tell who's doing this.
hope it's not just DJ sets by Justice/Klaxons/Uberzone.
If it's all legit, it's the frontrunner of my new years eve choices.

Sushov23
10-07-2007, 05:20 PM
when do tickets go on sale? WOW, this is nuts.

orbit
10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Why is Uberzone there?

suprefan
10-07-2007, 05:24 PM
isn't it a little strange that what seems to be a big deal event is being thrown by completely unknown promoters? i can't even tell who's doing this.

Flyer on the myspace says, Justice(live), Klaxons, Uberzone(live) on MULTIPLE STAGES and AREAS So Dim Mak is like a nobody right? Aokis record label like doesnt do anything around L.A. right?

xleslie
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Justice is live. Klaxons is a DJ set. and Uberzone is live.
event is 21+
$60 presale

http://www.wantickets.com/EventDetail.aspx?e_id=32353

suprefan
10-07-2007, 05:29 PM
What to do, what to do.............

And hooray for the 21+. I am kind of glad nobody really knows about this yet, although how long the $60 tix will last is a shot in the dark. It probably jumps like $10 after the first 1,000 tix are gone.

Boourns
10-07-2007, 06:15 PM
Think tickets will still be available after Vegoose?

suprefan
10-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Knowing the audience, YES. If and when it sells out, that wont be until like mid november easy. Announcing it in the midst of Justice being here in L.a. wont do wonders because everyone will be broke as a joke. And also being 21+ gives assurance that it takes a little longer, because no kids will be there to make it lame.

full on idle
10-07-2007, 06:34 PM

No.

Lurker_in_a_tree
10-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Flyer on the myspace says, Justice(live), Klaxons, Uberzone(live) on MULTIPLE STAGES and AREAS So Dim Mak is like a nobody right? Aokis record label like doesnt do anything around L.A. right?

pssh. aoki would spin at a garage sale.

correction, a hipster garage sale. that only sells sweaters that are too small for you.

this will be filled to the brim with hipsters. still seems great though.

AEversW
10-07-2007, 09:01 PM
No.

good to know.

Ardentbiscuit
10-08-2007, 06:46 AM
I also like that fact it says and much more. The line up is off to a good start. Let's hope they keep it up.

It also says something about VIP tickets...which if priced right could be worth it.

gaypalmsprings
10-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Let's hope they keep it up.

LOL

Ardentbiscuit
10-08-2007, 07:43 AM
It was a freudian slip with such an unfortunately named New Year's Eve party.

:)

Beef Jerky
10-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Is anyone else getting sick of Ed Banger stuff?
I'm so annoyed with the fans especially..with their 80s sunglasses.

shakermaker113
10-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I really don't see the attraction here. aren't Justice going to get a bit over saturated?

pinguinotonto
10-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Why is Uberzone there?

cuz uberzone is awesome. sure digitalism would have been better, uberzone is still a really good live electronic act.

orbit
10-08-2007, 09:20 PM
That's why I asked. He puts an awesome live act, but he doesn't fit with the rest of the lineup.

Or at least he should be the main act there.

dubvulture
10-08-2007, 11:00 PM
holy shit i'm there. the justice show tonite was nothing short of amazing. and tomorrow's show will be even better....

Ardentbiscuit
10-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Tickets on sale and it gives an address..

http://www.wantickets.com/EventDetail.aspx?e_id=32353

I love how the site says in the ever growing Downtown LA art district!

I call it the shipping/receiving/sleeping truck driver/sweat shop section..

suprefan
10-11-2007, 09:31 AM
I really don't see the attraction here. aren't Justice going to get a bit over saturated?

I think after that show, they might go into hiding. They better not keep coming around every 2 months, because thats when it will get lame. Right now the buzz is just right. It will hold until NYE and if they come back around it will start getting sucky.

Ardentbiscuit
10-11-2007, 10:48 AM
I would really want to go to this New Year's Eve party but the problem is that all my friends only go if a "SuperStar" dj is playing. So they will want to go to the Tiesto/Kaskade/Roger Sanchez/MSTRKFRT giant thing in Downtown.

The dilema is every year, either go to something I really want to go to or go to something where all my friends will be...sigh.

woogie846
10-11-2007, 04:38 PM

You're not alone.

Lurker_in_a_tree
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
"Klaxons" should not even be on this lineup. Sorry, but having 1 guy from the band playing CDs does NOT = "Klaxons". I seriously don't see any point in having 'celebrity' DJs. Just because they're in a hot band doesn't mean they can DJ for shit. I can watch any asshole play CDs.

buymarshon
10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
do you guys think Hard On will be an Ed Banger thing? With Busy P and Justice on board, im wondering if the whole crue will come over. When it turns into an Ed Banger party its always a blast.

Damn..i really wish MSTRKRFT was on the Jusitce NYE show too..

suprefan
10-11-2007, 08:19 PM
I think if they do get more of the crew there it will be minimal. Just get Mehdi on there and I will be fine. they need to grab like Simian Mobile Disco for this thing.

Ardentbiscuit
10-11-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah Dj Mehdi and Simian would be great for this...I hope they announce the many more soon.

It's random video time..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6vl5FWUMnNM

buymarshon
10-12-2007, 03:58 AM
yes id love Mehdi and Simian Mobile...maybe throw in a Digitalism or Benny Benassi too and maybe some Flosstradamus or Soulwax as welll.

crazzz2007
10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
I think after that show, they might go into hiding. They better not keep coming around every 2 months, because thats when it will get lame. Right now the buzz is just right. It will hold until NYE and if they come back around it will start getting sucky.

helloooo, New Year's is in 2 1/2 months. so yes, they continue to come here every 2 months. it's getting tiresome. they simply don't have enough material to justify it.

suprefan
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I was talking in context to after NYE.

Sexecutioner
10-13-2007, 03:42 PM
The dilema is every year, either go to something I really want to go to or go to something where all my friends will be...sigh.

tell me about it, im in the same boat. i only have one friend that likes to go to this type of shit, the rest of them would rather go to some dive bar and play 80s dance hits on the juke box. fuckin lame...

malcolmjamalawesome
10-13-2007, 08:39 PM
MSTRKRFT!!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

buymarshon
10-13-2007, 09:55 PM
too bad MSTRKRFT is doing the Tiesto one and not the one w/ Justice..fuck thatd be amazing!

here's to SIMIAN, MEHDI and DIGITALISM!!!

orbit
10-13-2007, 10:22 PM
What do Mehdi play? I thought he was there just to crowd surf.

crazzz2007
10-13-2007, 11:50 PM
What do Mehdi play? I thought he was there just to crowd surf.

mehdi basically sucks

buymarshon
10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Mehdi's awesome..he puts on such a good show. everyone has a funtime.

mimi3000
10-14-2007, 08:14 AM
I thought Mehdi was one of the persons in The Ed Banger Crew that can actually DJ?

Robototron
10-14-2007, 09:35 AM

I guess if you think that Justice selling out in two hours is just the right amount of buzz, then sure. They treat LA like it's Paris, I doubt they'll stop coming around for a while.

I can't see this lineup getting any better, anyway. They'll add some more of the Ed Banger guys and then fill the rest of the lineup with LA's multitude of subpar "blog house" DJs like they did for Neighborhood. If we're lucky Modular may add some of their own.

As for DJ Mehdi, how does he "basically suck"? Him, Oizo, and Feadz are the only real DJs in that bunch (although SebastiAn is getting better). Maybe you should listen to his pre-Ed Banger stuff (like the album he collaborated with Daft Punk on?) and get a clue.

orbit
10-14-2007, 09:42 AM
Cool, do you suggest any earlier Mehdi's stuff in particular, besides that album with Daft Punk?

I totally agree with Oizo and Feadz being the good ones in there.

Ardentbiscuit
10-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Since Modular is involved I think MSTRKRFT should be playing...

They could actually do both shows, Giant and this one. They really should..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_Recordings

So going by Modular they should add Chromeo, New Young Pony Club, The Avalanches, the Presets, etc...

But who knows, I'm just typing..

malcolmjamalawesome
10-14-2007, 12:08 PM
too bad MSTRKRFT is doing the Tiesto one and not the one w/ Justice..fuck thatd be amazing!

here's to SIMIAN, MEHDI and DIGITALISM!!!

Tell me more about this TIESTO/MSTRKRFT RAGER SHOWDOWN

Ardentbiscuit
10-14-2007, 12:35 PM
http://www.giantclub.com/

So far it's Tiesto, MSTRKRFT, Roger Sanchez, Kaskade and much more TBA..

You know how that TBA goes...

Ardentbiscuit
10-19-2007, 03:03 PM
Line Up, update

JUSTICE
PEACHES
Busy P
Klaxons (dj set)
Steve Aoki
A-Trak
Whitey
Uberzone
Wired All Wrong
Jason Bentley
Pink Enemy
plus many more...

york707
10-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Hard On New year's Eve

JUSTICE
Peaches
Klaxons
Busy P
Whitey
Uberzone
Steve Aoki
Wired all Wrong

And many more TBA!

Is anyone going to this?? Someone handed me an flyer during the Justice Set at detour...

http://www.myspace.com/hardnye

That looks miserable. Not to mention that NYE is one of the most anti-climatic "holidays" out there.

xbnmx
10-19-2007, 03:41 PM
NYE is my favorite.

Why the fuck is Steve Aoki billed over Uberzone?

Courtney
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
pssh. aoki would spin at a garage sale.

correction, a hipster garage sale. that only sells sweaters that are too small for you.

this will be filled to the brim with hipsters. still seems great though.

Didn't this happen? At Dim Mak's sidewalk sale last year?

suprefan
10-19-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm still going and they said they will be selling tickets at some retail store outlets starting in a week or so. hopefully its the same price as online right now, but at least you get your ticket in yoru hand.

Lurker_in_a_tree
11-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Now Justice is listed as just a DJ set, and Klaxons aren't even on there anymore (who cares because it was just a "DJ set" from them anyways).
The only reason I'd go now is for Uberzone, but I'm not into paying $60 for that.
Someone needs to put a stop to all this celebrity DJ set bullshit.

airguitarvet
11-06-2007, 09:33 PM
2LIVE KREW IS OUT OF THE BILL TOO

Wheres the beef?
11-06-2007, 09:53 PM
2LIVE KREW IS OUT OF THE BILL TOO

are you on drugs? They are still there.

WORST POST EVER

airguitarvet
11-06-2007, 11:02 PM
really?

BEST THREAD EVER!

Amneeziac
11-07-2007, 12:13 AM
I can vouch for the under 21 crowd by saying that more than half of the under 21 people who'd go to something like this have fake ID. It doesn't matter though, everyone's going to TAO or Tiesto already. And this seems to be getting shittier and shittier. Heh.

Ardentbiscuit
11-07-2007, 12:51 AM
The only one that's not on updated website as far as I can tell is the Klaxons but that was just one guy Dj ing so it's no real loss. I would rather see the whole band.

When someone first said TAO, I was thinking the club in Vegas and then it clicked, Together as One, duh to me.

mbeanis
11-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Together as One has no vibe. I'd rather spend new years around drunk college hipster chicks in too-tight-sweaters (HARD) than 15-year-old candy-raving e-tards and a handful of pedophiles (Together as One).

Anyway, no one else has Whitey. I love that new EP. I just wish it was longer

RotationSlimWang
11-27-2007, 05:53 PM
The fact that any of you assholes would pick Tiesto or Justice over Sasha and Digweed makes me sick. Granted I barely remember those nights in Twilo so long ago, but at least they weren't so pussy about it.

Trick Loves The Kids
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
I would probably commit suicide before celebrating the New Year with Peaches.

That's such a bad omen.

airguitarvet
01-05-2008, 12:07 AM
^ she was cool