PDA

View Full Version : Spiritualized Finish Album, Schedule Euro, U.S. Shows

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Too bad only 1 in NY so far..I have wanted to see this band live for 10 years now...

Spiritualized Finish Album, Schedule Euro, U.S. Shows
Those Spiritualized blokes are the last people you'd need to remind that just one hit just ain't gonna cut it. In between a number of Spanish, Danish and British gigs, Spiritualized have snuck a mid-November show at New York's famed Apollo Theater, which promises to be the "first of several" U.S. shows for the veteran psych-rockers. That show-- like many of Spiritualized's recent engagements-- is being characterized as "acoustic mainlines," which means pretty much exactly what it sounds like.

While you sit fiending for more, this bit of news won't quell that jones deep down in those bones: That long-promised new Spiritualized LP is coming, but not 'til early next year. According to NME.com, the band has wrapped recording sessions, and frontman Jason Pierce describes the follow-up to 2003's Amazing Grace as "the work of the Devil... with a little guidance from me." Sure you won't consider pushing it up to Halloween? My "Spooky Sound Effects" record is scratched.

Spiritualive:

10-06 Zaragoza, Spain - Multusos (Fiz Festival)
10-10 Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz 2
10-11 Valencia, Spain - Cormoran
10-12 Madrid, Spain - Joy Eslava
10-13 Bilbao, Spain - Santana 27
11-02 Aarhus, Denmark - Voxhall
11-16 New York, NY - Apollo Theater
12-09 London, England - Union Chapel
12-10 London, England - Union Chapel

from www.pitchforkmedia.com

canexplain
10-03-2007, 09:41 AM
Too bad only 1 in NY so far..I have wanted to see this band live for 10 years now...

Spiritualized Finish Album, Schedule Euro, U.S. Shows
Those Spiritualized blokes are the last people you'd need to remind that just one hit just ain't gonna cut it. In between a number of Spanish, Danish and British gigs, Spiritualized have snuck a mid-November show at New York's famed Apollo Theater, which promises to be the "first of several" U.S. shows for the veteran psych-rockers. That show-- like many of Spiritualized's recent engagements-- is being characterized as "acoustic mainlines," which means pretty much exactly what it sounds like.

While you sit fiending for more, this bit of news won't quell that jones deep down in those bones: That long-promised new Spiritualized LP is coming, but not 'til early next year. According to NME.com, the band has wrapped recording sessions, and frontman Jason Pierce describes the follow-up to 2003's Amazing Grace as "the work of the Devil... with a little guidance from me." Sure you won't consider pushing it up to Halloween? My "Spooky Sound Effects" record is scratched.

Spiritualive:

10-06 Zaragoza, Spain - Multusos (Fiz Festival)
10-10 Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz 2
10-11 Valencia, Spain - Cormoran
10-12 Madrid, Spain - Joy Eslava
10-13 Bilbao, Spain - Santana 27
11-02 Aarhus, Denmark - Voxhall
11-16 New York, NY - Apollo Theater
12-09 London, England - Union Chapel
12-10 London, England - Union Chapel

from www.pitchforkmedia.com

well you know if they come here, i will see ya there too .. canx**

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-03-2007, 09:42 AM
well you know if they come here, i will see ya there too .. canx**

You have seen them live ron?

C DUB YA
10-03-2007, 09:47 AM
I saw them at Coachella 99, they went on the Outdoor Theater stage, right before Underworld.

I still have the set list from it.

canexplain
10-03-2007, 09:50 AM
You have seen them live ron?

yes but i cant remember where if it was local or on the coasts ... seems like they played like the gothic or something here a couple of times a while ago ... canx**

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I saw them at Coachella 99, they went on the Outdoor Theater stage, right before Underworld.

I still have the set list from it.

EPIC....1999 was the only Coachella I didn't attend and I am only starting to realize how epic it was...(AUTECHRE!!)

orbit
10-03-2007, 10:03 AM
I would love to see them live. Hopefully they will add couple of more dates in the US.

miscorrections
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
holy crap! they better add more dates, i would def. go.

mountmccabe
10-03-2007, 10:21 AM
It has been too long since they've toured the US.

canexplain
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
on their site, it says more US dates to be added :) canx**

C DUB YA
10-03-2007, 10:38 AM
EPIC....1999 was the only Coachella I didn't attend and I am only starting to realize how epic it was...(AUTECHRE!!)

I'd have to go back and see, but Autechre's set time clashed with someone i saw, I can't remember who - but I missed Autechre.

amyzzz
10-03-2007, 11:01 AM
Quick! Someone make Spiritualized mix.

bartelby
10-03-2007, 11:07 AM
wow - i'd love to see these guys...

mountmccabe
10-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Quick! Someone make Spiritualized mix.

Andrew and I did.

Or, rather, we made a Spacemen 3/Spiritualized/Spectrum mix.

And it was reposted very recently.

shoegazer76
10-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Yes its been way to long. I caught them in Cleveland at the Agora years ago. They're really mindboggling & inspiring to witness live. We can only hope they're gonna be on the lineup.

amyzzz
10-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Andrew and I did.

Or, rather, we made a Spacemen 3/Spiritualized/Spectrum mix.

And it was reposted very recently.
Well, if you haven't already, bump that mofo. :thu

orbit
10-03-2007, 11:38 AM
on their site, it says more US dates to be added :) canx**

Since they won't add a show in Texas for sure, I hope they add one for Red Rocks. I'd go definitely.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 07:25 AM
Since they won't add a show in Texas for sure, I hope they add one for Red Rocks. I'd go definitely.

Perhaps Radiohead and Spiritualized can do a tour together ala 1997? (Or was it 1998?) and do a Red Rocks show...Radiohead love Red Rocks so it is a no brianer for them...

invisiblerobots
10-04-2007, 08:13 AM
I met Jason Pierce in front of a pay phone in Portland in 1997. He was talking to someone in England about Princess Diana who had just died. I didn't want to interrupt him but he saw my Spiritualized vinyls under my arm so he motioned for me to wait a sec. After getting off the phone he gladly signed all my stuff and we chatted for awhile. Later that night they played a blinding (literally, their lighting was from behind the band, pointing at the audience and I'm fairly sure that they could have been used to land aircraft) set for which I was stood dead center at the front of the stage. Jason kept his eyes closed for the entire set and barely moved but he fucking rocked. I caught them again the next day at Bumbershoot and a few other times over the subsequent years, including their candle-lit show at Coachella, but nothing will compare to that first time.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 08:15 AM
I met Jason Pierce in front of a pay phone in Portland in 1997. He was talking to someone in England about Princess Diana who had just died. I didn't want to interrupt him but he saw my Spiritualized vinyls under my arm so he motioned for me to wait a sec. After getting off the phone he gladly signed all my stuff and we chatted for awhile. Later that night they played a blinding (literally, their lighting was from behind the band, pointing at the audience and I'm fairly sure that they could have been used to land aircraft) set for which I was stood dead center at the front of the stage. Jason kept his eyes closed for the entire set and barely moved but he fucking rocked. I caught them again the next day at Bumbershoot and a few other times over the subsequent years, including their candle-lit show at Coachella, but nothing will compare to that first time.

Goddamn that sounds amazing....

mountmccabe
10-04-2007, 09:14 AM
Yeah, that's a great story.

Spiritualized live is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

C DUB YA
10-04-2007, 09:43 AM
I remember all the candlewax everywhere when they were done.

bmack86
10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Perhaps Radiohead and Spiritualized can do a tour together ala 1997? (Or was it 1998?) and do a Red Rocks show...Radiohead love Red Rocks so it is a no brianer for them...

I actually vote no on that. I want a Spiritualized only set.

bballarl
10-04-2007, 07:57 PM
Hello, my name is Andrew. I want to see Spiritualized live. Preferably on a candle-lit stage. Preferably playing Cop Shoot Cop. Preferably blowing my mind. Thanks.