PDA

View Full Version : ED BANGER + JUSTICE(?) Secret Shows this month

moviebruin
10-01-2007, 02:22 PM
My first post here on the great coachella mssg boards.

ED Banger Records Detour Hidden Show. Friday the 5th. Downtown LA Location. Free tixs at Active Stores in LA area. text in the code day of show and you will get response back on the location.

http://news.activemailorder.com/detour-secret-showings/

A lil birdie also says theres a good chance some of the crew will be at Check Yo Ponytail at the Echoplex this sat night after Detour.

Oh and the vegoose post party will be at LAX Luxor per DJ AM most of Ed Banger will be there spinning until the break of dawn on Saturday night/ Sunday morning Oct 27th.

suprefan
10-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Ooooooh, we soooo didnt know about Friday. And a UCLA person informing us. Fun fun...... Got my tix for Friday already. Who will be at Echoplex if The crew finishes spinning at Detour at 11:45? Check Yo Ponytail goes til 2am, not really worth it.

Boourns
10-01-2007, 02:33 PM
A Vegoose post-party? Why have a post-party for an event you don't play?

Bud Luster
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM

Many of the Ed Banger guys have been spinning at Daft Punk afterpartys...

rage patton
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah... what is up with that Vegoose post party? Hmmm... maybe there will be some Ed Banger adds to Sunday. Anyone think Thomas and Guy will show up to the Ed Banger after party? OH! And is this 21+ as well?

orbit
10-01-2007, 02:39 PM

They want to get more practice, and learn how to mix.

moviebruin
10-01-2007, 02:56 PM
the vegoose afterparty is indeed 21+. its confirmed that DJAM, Aoki, DJ Medhi, and Busy Pedro will be there. Goldstein mentioned it on indie 103.1.
Here's the link to the 25 min set. he mentions of his love for DP and the official DP postparty at LAX in the last couple mins.

http://www.zshare.net/download/383823213404e8/

As far as check yo ponytail. it does say special surprise guests on this weeks flyer. so who knows. would they play this or sundays banana split? or both! gotta love LA!

aoki or chan - whos gonna win the battle of LA?

rage patton
10-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Damn. No afterparty for me. Stupid having too be 21 in the states.

instinct
10-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Damn. No afterparty for me. Stupid having too be 21 in the states.

Although I'm 21, I agree.

Ardentbiscuit
10-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I wonder how LAX in Luxor is, the club it took over (Club RA) was awful..

And I wonder if they will have pre sale tickets..

Boourns
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Although I'm 21, I agree.

I'm 26 and I agree. At 18, you can die for your country but you can't gamble or drink beer. Nonsense.

psychic friend
10-01-2007, 04:59 PM
you can also have kids and get married at 18.. but no drinks at your wedding.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-01-2007, 05:04 PM
i have to take harder drugs at shows because i can't legally buy alcohol at age 20

what a world.

rage patton
10-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Are there any states where you can drink when you are 19? Or are they all 21?

Trick Loves The Kids
10-01-2007, 05:14 PM
it's technically a state issue but the federal government threatens to withhold money for highways and shit whenever a state tries to lower the drinking age so all states are 21 as far as i know

orbit
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
So what would make sense? People not going to war until they are 21, or people able to buy alcohol at age 18?

chiapet
10-01-2007, 05:20 PM
it's technically a state issue but the federal government threatens to withhold money for highways and shit whenever a state tries to lower the drinking age so all states are 21 as far as i know

Is Louisiana (New Orleans) no longer 18+? It used to be. There are a lot of 18 year olds who aren't responsible enough to drink, but then those same people probably still aren't by 21. Watching wasted sorority girls jump up and down "dancing" until their tube tops fall down is really only amusing the first few times.

rage patton
10-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow. That is really lame.

Its funny... I just turned 19 and I dont even care that I can legally drink.

I am just so glad I can go to these 19+ events now! Woo!

However, I cant go to any of the fuckin Vegoose after parties in Vegas... cuz of your damn country's laws!

oooduga
10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
My first post here on the great coachella mssg boards.

ED Banger Records Detour Hidden Show. Friday the 5th. Downtown LA Location. Free tixs at Active Stores in LA area. text in the code day of show and you will get response back on the location.

http://news.activemailorder.com/detour-secret-showings/

A lil birdie also says theres a good chance some of the crew will be at Check Yo Ponytail at the Echoplex this sat night after Detour.

Oh and the vegoose post party will be at LAX Luxor per DJ AM most of Ed Banger will be there spinning until the break of dawn on Saturday night/ Sunday morning Oct 27th.

Cant wait till we (USC) run you guys over in a couple weeks to make up for last years fluke.

oooduga
10-01-2007, 05:26 PM

However, I cant go to any of the fuckin Vegoose after parties in Vegas... cuz of your damn country's laws!

Yea I just turned 20 and im not that big of a drinker but most of the good after parties/late night events are 21 and over so i have to still have to wait a year.
I pay rent and taxes i should be able to go to an Ed Banger Event right?

We do kind of need it here though our teens get out of hand.

psychic friend
10-01-2007, 07:22 PM
if they trust the decision to vote for our leaders or die for our country at 18, then I think you should be able to drink at 18.. OR raise the age to 21 for those other things too.

bartelby
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Many of the Ed Banger guys have been spinning at Daft Punk afterpartys...

we got MSTRKRFT

*giant toothy grin*

Trick Loves The Kids
10-01-2007, 07:44 PM
people drink at like 13 in europe and they seem to be doing just fine

shakermaker113
10-01-2007, 08:37 PM

better, in fact... at 18 they know how to handle their liquor, and it's not a big deal. there's no such thing as drinking to be cool. I was having this discussion with a friend from france last I saw him, and he was shocked to hear that college kids in the US will sometimes die from alcohol poisoning alone. he tells me that it's even quite rare for people to get their stomach pumped.

this point gets drilled into the ground yet they will never change the drinking age in this country.

rage patton
10-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Could you immagine if the shitty 13 year olds over here would be allowed the drink legally?
Its late over here to go to the ways of the UK.

I have a friend who moved from England over here when he was in grade 9. One of the biggest shockers for him was that a pub was NOT a place to take the family for dinner.

Sexecutioner
10-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Watching wasted sorority girls jump up and down "dancing" until their tube tops fall down is really only amusing the first few times.

i disagree, that never gets old.

superfiction
10-01-2007, 09:34 PM

ill be there.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-01-2007, 09:55 PM
better, in fact... at 18 they know how to handle their liquor, and it's not a big deal. there's no such thing as drinking to be cool. I was having this discussion with a friend from france last I saw him, and he was shocked to hear that college kids in the US will sometimes die from alcohol poisoning alone. he tells me that it's even quite rare for people to get their stomach pumped.

this point gets drilled into the ground yet they will never change the drinking age in this country.

yeah seriously. it is probably too late since it is a cultural thing but the whole american puritan stigma against drugs/alcohol is really fucking our country up in the end. all my friends are turning 21 and they all go out to bars and come home drunk to the point that they can't stand. would they do that shit if they'd been drinking since 13 with their families? fuck naw.

orbit
10-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Maybe they should lower the drinking age, and increase punishments for drunk driving.

rage patton
10-01-2007, 10:48 PM
Maybe they should make frat clubs illegal.

brownbuffalo
10-02-2007, 02:00 PM
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x169/glenjamn/flyers/CR_ViperRoom_webjpg.1.jpg

Bud Luster
10-02-2007, 02:09 PM

Another reason why the US gets a big WTF???

we got MSTRKRFT

*giant toothy grin*
FUCK YES MSTRKRFT!!! Not going to be @ Vegoose for Sun, so I will 4 sure be @ this show. Seem more "low key" than the supposed Ed Banger show/venue. I really hope they get booked for Coachella 08 w/ a more prime / nighttime set...

They have a very high percentage of alcoholism...

Dunno about Europe really, but in the UK people do drink "to be cool" and do the alcohol poisoning / stomach pump bit...

shakermaker113
10-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Dunno about Europe really, but in the UK people do drink "to be cool" and do the alcohol poisoning / stomach pump bit...

yeah it happens in the UK, but to a lesser extent. and even less in mainland europe. a lower age limit alone won't fix things, it's a general attitude towards it, but the high age limit of american culture drives people aged 15-20 to drink behind closed doors, and that's not healthy.

Wheres the beef?
10-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I think the majority of the reason why we have these problems is because the drinking age is so high. Anything that is taboo is going to naturally draw people to it. If you take the "forbidden" part of it away it becomes no big deal and people move on. Drinking age should be abolished.

seachanges
10-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Anyone know how to get into the LAX after party? thanks

suprefan
10-03-2007, 12:53 AM
Anyone know how to get into the LAX after party? thanks

Email Pedro and he will get you in. Geez, so hard?

superfiction
10-03-2007, 01:07 AM
i hope he doesnt get you in

suprefan
10-03-2007, 01:10 AM
I dont care if I go or not, its just another after party. Justice wont be there, so whats it matter?

superfiction
10-03-2007, 01:13 AM
uh huh. suddenly youre too cool for edbanger

Ardentbiscuit
10-03-2007, 04:03 AM
I just looked at the Viper Room website and it says for Monday the 8th that it's an Indie 103.1 night with 4 bands, doors at 8:30, so if each band plays about an hour and it ends about 12:30 to 1 with set up and break down time I don't see how that other event can be happening the same night.

Someone said earlier that there was an Ed Banger after party (after Vegoose Saturday) at LAX with Busy P and DJ Mehdi.

I just looked at Dj Mehdi's myspace account and he's going to be traveling around England Vegoose Weekend with A Trak. Sebastian is going to be in England that weekend too. Also, Kavinsky is going to be in England that weekend. I'm just going by their myspace accounts.

The only person that seems to be available is Busy P but he hasn't posted his schedule that far yet so who knows.

fatbastard
10-03-2007, 04:49 AM
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-11/13/xin_181102131632006589220.jpg

suprefan
10-03-2007, 07:51 AM
I just looked at the Viper Room website and it says for Monday the 8th that it's an Indie 103.1 night with 4 bands, doors at 8:30, so if each band plays about an hour and it ends about 12:30 to 1 with set up and break down time I don't see how that other event can be happening the same night.

Why does every band have to play an hour? Dude, a couple of thise bands will play like 20 mins.

Ardentbiscuit
10-03-2007, 08:03 AM
Doors at 8:30 (according to the website), let's say that if doors are 8:30, the show probably starts around 9 ish.

Then each band plays 20 to 30 minutes.

And then there is the set up and breakdown of each band that takes at least 20 to 30 minutes.

It will still wrap up around midnight. So that leaves about 2 hours to get this party done and even with that most venues start winding down around 1:30 AM because they have to get the drinks out of everyone's hands by 2 AM.

seachanges
10-03-2007, 09:25 AM
Email Pedro and he will get you in. Geez, so hard?

It would be a lot easier if I had his email.

superfiction
10-03-2007, 10:22 AM
hit him up on myspace. he doesnt always respond though

busy p is his name

seachanges
10-03-2007, 03:20 PM
ya... I'm well aware of who Pedro Winter is. I phoned LAX today, and they said I'm on the list........so hopefully that will be enough. Thanks anyways : )

instinct
10-03-2007, 06:17 PM
I wish Busy P still checked the Coachella Boards..

suprefan
10-03-2007, 06:25 PM
ya... I'm well aware of who Pedro Winter is. I phoned LAX today, and they said I'm on the list........so hopefully that will be enough. Thanks anyways : )

Alright then, so why ask us when you got the answer yourself?

sotaboo
10-03-2007, 08:55 PM
so is there a for sure secret show at the viper room on oct 8th??

suprefan
10-03-2007, 09:02 PM
Its not really a ''secret'' you just have to know where to look to find the info. I RSVP'd but I know I cant make it.

xbnmx
10-04-2007, 01:39 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1002/1433999295_8fd5a8d156_o.gif

oooduga
10-04-2007, 03:28 PM
For peeps who may be interested Im hearing from a friend who works at Turntable Lab LA that Justice will be stopping by Check Yo Ponytail at the Echo on Sat Night after Detour.

ThomThom
10-04-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey Chris,

I smell a repeat of Kingsblend's sig on Monday the 8th? Or shall we just call it a night with a stop at a particular North Hollywood taco stand?

suprefan
10-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Just go get tacos after the show. Dude, I wish you could go tomorrow night to downtown for the ed banger party, but noooooooooooo.

For peeps who may be interested Im hearing from a friend who works at Turntable Lab LA that Justice will be stopping by Check Yo Ponytail at the Echo on Sat Night after Detour.

Not worth the efffort after a long day in downtown. Besides, that line is going to be soooo long. It was crazy long for Simian Mobile Disco, and they didnt even fill up the venue for some reason.

moviebruin
10-04-2007, 05:00 PM

Your friend at TL is misinformed. they will be at the urb issue release party at a secret venue (most likely standard rooftop).

http://losangeles.going.com/invite-12624

however other ed banger might be at check yoself.

suprefan
10-05-2007, 05:45 PM
So yeah, no text message yet for the party tonight, this sucks.

daftwerk
10-05-2007, 05:56 PM
I didnt get the text either but if you text it again it will send you the addy right away

suprefan
10-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Nice one, now everyone knows. Luckily I dont think everyones is going to do this. Also, whoever doesnt have tickets cant get in. See ya there.

daftwerk
10-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Nice one, now everyone knows. Luckily I dont think everyones is going to do this. Also, whoever doesnt have tickets cant get in. See ya there.

ill be wearing a bright ass yellow jersey. say whats up.

suprefan
10-06-2007, 02:09 AM
ill be wearing a bright ass yellow jersey. say whats up.

You were the drunk guy who kept bumping into me near the end of the night. Trying to get in front of me, nice one dude. Nice one.

The party was a lot of fun, it got crazy near the end, stage diving and whatnot. Everyone and their mother got on the stage and stuff. The security/police had to clear the stage. The main sound guy got pissed because from all the pushing happening up front, the cables to the monitors got unplugged and stuff. I'll post pics later, Kavinsky actually did a good job tonight.