PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice this crap?

C DUB YA
09-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Ok so I turn on ESPN2 to watch the Buckeye game this evening.

They (ESPN/ABC) have this opening, filmed in times square, that stars 50 Cent, that chick from the pussycat dolls and... wait for it... PERRY FARRELL?!?!?!?!? This promo bump for college football is so horrid I couldn't bring myself to remember any lyrics, but I think it was "it's time to celebrate", or something like that. It made the Hank Williams' Monday Night Football song seem like Lennon's, Imagine.

I realize the guy is responsible for some amazing music, and he brought alternative to many many people thru Lollapalooza, but after 2 or 3 really crappy albums, and the corporate over-selling happening with Lolla, this ESPN crapfest is the icing on the shit-cake.

I yearn for the days of Nothing's Shocking.

caco0283
09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
go eat a dick with herpes

BlueDevil50
09-29-2007, 10:43 PM
gotta agree with ya cdub...it feels so awkward watching that commercial...horrible

DeltaSigChi4
09-29-2007, 11:02 PM
I saw that 50 cent was on there and turned my attention to something else.

E

superfiction
09-29-2007, 11:13 PM
i heard perry talking abotu this when i was at lolla

fober
09-30-2007, 02:01 AM
Oh right, because Perry Farrell has a great track record of decision making.

C DUB YA
09-30-2007, 05:19 AM
His great musical output ended we he released Pets. hat song grates nowadays, I liked it ok when it was released, but I was Perry jaded at the time.

Kinda like Bob Segar - when Chevy adopted his "Like a Rock", he never quite got it back did he? (that was joke)

matildawong
09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
oh my god.... is it on youtube? I must see this.

sydaud
09-30-2007, 05:37 PM
His great musical output ended we he released Pets. hat song grates nowadays, I liked it ok when it was released, but I was Perry jaded at the time.

Kinda like Bob Segar - when Chevy adopted his "Like a Rock", he never quite got it back did he? (that was joke)

Dammit, don't knock Seger!!!