PDA

View Full Version : yayyy

tessalasset
09-29-2007, 07:30 PM
"when chicago's alternative-rock station q101 played hanson's latest single last month, listeners loved its hooky melody so much that "the great divide" topped the station's request list for three weeks. the catch: no one knew knew who was behind the tune. "there's a stigma attached to them," says q101's music director, spike, who attributed the song to "a mystery artist" after each spin. "it was the only way to get people to listen." on august 30th, after three weeks of buildup, the station clued fans in. "some said, 'wow, hanson's come a long way!'" says spike. "others said, 'it's hanson? that sucks!'" regardless, hanson's digital sales jumped ninety-five percent, and the band is psyched to have so many new fans. "we're always trying to take people forward," says taylor hanson. "it's exceeded our expectations in chicago, for sure."

on a related note, i just bought the song on my phone for a ringtone, and it says:

Artist Recommendations
If you like Hanson, you might also like:

1. Diana Ross

menikmati
09-29-2007, 07:38 PM
aren't they all Dad's now?

Mr.Nipples
09-29-2007, 07:47 PM
5i_D6oQO6b8

tessalasset
09-29-2007, 07:57 PM
yep.

C DUB YA
09-29-2007, 08:14 PM
As cheesy-bad as MMMMBop was, they are quite talented. A very good band from what I hear.

Did I just say that?

tessalasset
09-30-2007, 12:42 AM
slowly people will come to their senses.

Alchemy
09-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Maybe they should change their name to get people to stop being iffy about jumping in their water.

Something like Hansonhead?

PassiveTheory
09-30-2007, 12:17 PM
head = ratings

tessalasset
09-30-2007, 12:18 PM
im a full supporter of them changing their name cause i absolutely think people will like them more. it's really very sad. and they need to stop playing mmmbop at shows cause it's really not necessary anymore.

brando4n82
09-30-2007, 12:21 PM
yeah, too bad durring the MMbop days, the lil one wasnt even the one drumming

full on idle
09-30-2007, 12:22 PM
I know I've told this story before but one time Hanson played at the mall downtown in Columbus and that's where my gym was so I was there at the time and these aggressive preteens totally pushed over an old lady in their hysterical pack rush. I saw it.

tessalasset
09-30-2007, 12:31 PM
that rules. ive never heard that story. and yeah, i think the reason i turned out to be such a mellow hanson fan is i never had any friends who liked them. i went to every hanson show (like 9 now) by myself. i always since day one thought the fans were pretty scary. sure i had posters up in my room but i could never get myself to run after them or search them out at a show. even these last four i just went to... isaac was standing RIGHT next to me talking to someone at the bar and i didn't say anything to him. i just don't know what i'd say.

brando, where did you hear that? as far as i remember, each time i saw them back in the day, zac was always playing the drums. they did have a backing band with a bassist/keyboardist/guitarist but i don't remember ever seeing another drummer.

sydaud
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
As cheesy-bad as MMMMBop was, they are quite talented. A very good band from what I hear.

Did I just say that?

slowly people will come to their senses.

They jammed with Bob Weir (from the Grateful Dead, of course) about 6 years ago and he couldn't have said enough about how talented they were and how he enjoyed jamming with them.

Personally, these days they remind me of Maroon 5. I really like their song "Running Man".

captncrzy
09-30-2007, 07:42 PM
I walked by the Q101 station yesterday in the Merchandise Mart in Chicago. I waved at the dj. I was going to stand there and watch for a little while, but I decided that would be retarded.

rage patton
09-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I read this story a couple weeks ago Tessa. I totally forgot what a huge Hanson fan you are. If I woulda remembered, I would have posted it here right away. Sorry.

tessalasset
09-30-2007, 10:47 PM
awwww. its ok i just had to wait til rolling stone finally got around to reporting it.

and maroon 5, really? i can kinda hear similarities between the voices of adam and zac. both pretty falsetto.

this is one of my favorites. they played it at the hotel cafe last month. so so good.

gCv7x7_0bzg