PDA

View Full Version : GLASTONBURY 2008

Pages : [1] 2

shotglass75
09-28-2007, 11:12 AM
My friends and I are planning a trip next summer to Glastonbury. Has anyone on these boards done it before? How hard was it getting tickets? Do you drive there and then walk to camping? Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated.

algunz
09-28-2007, 01:16 PM
I was there in '94. I'm sure a lot has changed. I was traveling by myself and had to hitch hike from town, which was not difficult at all. But the festival site is a ways from Glastonbury, once there though everything was pretty easy to access. Tickets weren't a problem, but that I know has changed. Be prepared for rain.

There's a movie: Glastonbury The Movie that they were filming in '94. I've never seen it, but that might be a good reference.

canexplain
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
My friends and I are planning a trip next summer to Glastonbury. Has anyone on these boards done it before? How hard was it getting tickets? Do you drive there and then walk to camping? Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated.

we have a number of brits on this board ... bumb this thread for a couple of days like over the weekend, and you will get lots of great local info ... canx**

suprefan
09-28-2007, 01:42 PM

So a MUSIC festival goes in the MISC forum?

Mr. Dylanja
09-28-2007, 02:03 PM
Nothin personal Supre, but I'd love to see you get your @ss kicked. It will take someone tall to bring you off of that high horse tho......

Yablonowitz
09-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Nothin personal Supre, but I'd love to see you get your @ss kicked. It will take someone tall to bring you off of that high horse tho......

Supre's actually got a point though, fruitcake. This isn't the music thread.

Mr.Nipples
09-28-2007, 02:09 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/hahahahahahahahehehhe.jpg

Wheres the beef?
09-29-2007, 07:26 PM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/hahahahahahahahehehhe.jpg

Genius

Wheres the beef?
09-29-2007, 07:27 PM

He's harmless. Oh, and, correct as well.

fatboy192
09-30-2007, 05:42 AM
you have to register for tickets before they go on sale. you and your buddies have to supply a photo to go on the tickets, you will be given a registration number that you have to supply when you order the tickets, get them on the day they go on sale, sold out in about 24 to 48 hours. to get there you get a bus and then walk to the camping fields, hope that helps

Stefinitely Maybe
10-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Yeah, you have to book the tickets online, months in advance, the second they go on sale.

lindseyb
10-01-2007, 10:54 AM
My friends and I are planning a trip next summer to Glastonbury. Has anyone on these boards done it before? How hard was it getting tickets? Do you drive there and then walk to camping? Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated.i went this year. its nearly impossible to get tickets. the more people you know trying, the better because as soon as one of you gets "in", that person can buy tickets for you and all your friends. i can give you a lot more info if you let me know what you want to know, or you can pm me.

brando4n82
10-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Glastonbury looks like a complete, total nightmare

TomAz
10-02-2007, 07:44 AM
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/amc0792l.jpg

brando4n82
10-02-2007, 07:46 AM
hahah, nice one Tom. my point exactly

betao
10-02-2007, 08:15 AM
yeah glastonbury looks like a total mudfest. if it wasnt in europe tho i'd go.

lindseyb
10-02-2007, 09:06 AM
glastonbury is not for pussies.

shotglass75
10-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. and my deepest apologies to those who were offended that I posted this in the wrong forum. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!!!! I know it is the end of the world and that it needed to be brought to everyone's attention. I can't begin to imagine what would have happened if it wasn't brought to the attention of the board. I am sorry.

orbit
10-02-2007, 03:48 PM
I think I am going to this next year. How far is from the camping fields to the entrance of the festival? Do they ship tickets for people outside of UK, or is it will call? When do tickets go on sale?

instinct
10-02-2007, 04:04 PM
So a MUSIC festival goes in the MISC forum?

Are you the forum police or what?

crazzz2007
10-02-2007, 04:13 PM
crazy pic of glastonbury...

http://www.pollstaronline.com/CIC2006/Awards17/images/AwardWinners/glastonbury.jpg

Ardentbiscuit
10-03-2007, 10:20 AM
The glastonbury site says ticket info in December 2007 ..

And that the 2008 dates are:

The next Glastonbury Festival will be held on the weekend of 27th, 28th and 29th June 2008.

And people have already posted rumored artists for 2008 in Wikipedia...

Muse
Oasis - Confirmed by Noel Gallagher
Radiohead
Kylie Minogue
Neil Young
Tom Waits
Goldfrapp - Confirmed by Mute Records, Headlining the Pyramid Stage
Midnight Juggernauts
The Mind Set

brando4n82
10-03-2007, 12:14 PM

http://www.pollstaronline.com/CIC2006/Awards17/images/AwardWinners/glastonbury.jpg

that gives me a huge eyesore/head ache. I would kill myself if i had to resort to going to that festival to see cool bands. THANK GOD for Coachella. wait, scratch that. Thank you Paul Tollett. Thank you so very much

lindseyb
10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
ok brandon482 - we get it. you think glastonbury sucks. although how would you know if you've never been?

canexplain
10-03-2007, 12:22 PM
ok brandon482 - we get it. you think glastonbury sucks. although how would you know if you've never been?

i would love to go but maybe i am past my prime for that one :( .. been to bigger, but that is when i was in my 20's ... canx**

fatboy192
10-03-2007, 03:13 PM

those stages/tents are well far apart!
thats what i like about coachella you can walk from one stage to another quickly

canexplain
10-03-2007, 05:11 PM
those stages/tents are well far apart!
thats what i like about coachella you can walk from one stage to another quickly

i went to a couple of shows it took 2 hours from one main stage to the other main, but many took over an hour .... ya, coachella is the best, but small compaired to some, and the early ones esp ... canx**

shakermaker113
10-04-2007, 06:06 AM
i went to a couple of shows it took 2 hours from one main stage to the other main, but many took over an hour .... ya, coachella is the best, but small compaired to some, and the early ones esp ... canx**

I am VERY curious to know which festivals had stages 2 hours apart, and which were bigger than glastonbury...

canexplain
10-04-2007, 06:35 AM
3 that i personally went to: and of course, can they really guess crowd sizes , but i remember the walks ...

atlanta internation pop festival ... 350k-600k ... est
woodstock 69 ... 500k est
watkins glen 73 ... 600k est

i know the concert in the parks in central park had a few shows est at 1 million but they are not fests and i didnt go to any of them ...
so glastonbury is huge, but just another fest in some ways ... canx**

J~$$$
10-04-2007, 06:57 AM
Is it really as shitty as people make it out to be? Is it muddy every year?

shotglass75
10-04-2007, 07:30 AM
From what I understand the mud is indeed a pain in the ass but I would think if I could survive that, then anything else is a cake walk. I love Coachella but it's time to do something new. I've done Roo and Lolla but I have always wanted to go to Glastonbury since seeing the Radiohead 2003 video. If I can get tickets to the thing (which seems like a long shot now) I think it will be one of the best trips of my life.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 07:35 AM
I experienced the whole mud thing at Fuji Rock 4 years ago..it is kind of cool and really fucking annoying...Japan was having a very unusual rain summer so the whole festival area was very muddy (Though, I was with a group of brits and they kept going on about how Glastonbury was). The last straw was when I was walking along minding my own business, when with one step my foot up to my knee disappeared in mud along with my effing sandal...man..that thing was just gone...so bare foot it was for the rest of the day...

lindseyb
10-04-2007, 07:41 AM
mud is part of the experience. just how at coachella, heat is part of the experience.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 07:44 AM
mud is part of the experience. just how at coachella, heat is part of the experience.

But it ate my sandal!!!

lindseyb
10-04-2007, 07:50 AM
why would you wear sandals in mud?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-04-2007, 07:52 AM
why would you wear sandals in mud?

Because I only brought one pair of shoes and didn't want them to be completely destroyed...(Camping area was wicked far, hence the being bare foot..)

canexplain
10-04-2007, 08:05 AM
Because I only brought one pair of shoes and didn't want them to be completely destroyed...(Camping area was wicked far, hence the being bare foot..)

wear Crocs .... best festy shoe there is ... canx**

canexplain
10-04-2007, 08:06 AM

i know mud, heat, too many people, sometimes it adds to the experience, but if i had my choice, i would go with great weather any day ... canx**

shakermaker113
10-04-2007, 08:30 AM
3 that i personally went to: and of course, can they really guess crowd sizes , but i remember the walks ...

atlanta internation pop festival ... 350k-600k ... est
woodstock 69 ... 500k est
watkins glen 73 ... 600k est

i know the concert in the parks in central park had a few shows est at 1 million but they are not fests and i didnt go to any of them ...
so glastonbury is huge, but just another fest in some ways ... canx**

I've not even heard of two of these... how many stages did each festival have? were these free events?

maybe I'm skeptical, but I personally don't believe any show has had an audience of 1 million. the largest crowds I've been in haven't broken 50,000, and when I look around they seem to extend forever. the largest ticketed concerts barely reach 200,000, and looking at how many people that is -- crowd size, and distance from the stage to the back -- 1 million just seems absurd.

canexplain
10-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I hate when I preview something then cancel it instead of posting it … anyway, check wikapedia for the stats … I checked and the concert at central park was estimated at “only” 500k … on new years eve, the have a million in times sq they say, so a million is not unknown for events … I think Watkins glen was or is the biggest festival ever, estimated at 750k … they even said 250k were at Woodstock 99 but it didn’t seem that big, not near as big as the first … you mentioned 50k, they have 100k plus at a couple of the college football stadiums, so size does count sometimes …. you ought to get out more dude lol … canx**

shakermaker113
10-04-2007, 10:25 AM
I hate when I preview something then cancel it instead of posting it … anyway, check wikapedia for the stats … I checked and the concert at central park was estimated at “only” 500k … on new years eve, the have a million in times sq they say, so a million is not unknown for events … I think Watkins glen was or is the biggest festival ever, estimated at 750k … they even said 250k were at Woodstock 99 but it didn’t seem that big, not near as big as the first … you mentioned 50k, they have 100k plus at a couple of the college football stadiums, so size does count sometimes …. you ought to get out more dude lol … canx**

events, yes. especially sports events, which are consistently larger than concerts. but concerts, I'm still skeptical...

I rememeber when I was in the UK, concerts at knebworth park always boasted they were the largest non-festival concerts in the country, and those were 125,000 people. the live 8 concert in london was a ticketed event of 200,000.

non ticketed events have the potential to be much larger, no doubt. but 2-5 times larger? I look at pictures of events with 200k people and can't imagine how (or why) another 400k would show up. they'd be so far from the attraction it seems pointless.

at a festival with multiple stages, sure then there's room for many more. but I have a hard time believing single stage events could grow that large. I dunno, maybe they don't don't do it the same as they used to.

canexplain
10-04-2007, 11:31 AM
events, yes. especially sports events, which are consistently larger than concerts. but concerts, I'm still skeptical...

I rememeber when I was in the UK, concerts at knebworth park always boasted they were the largest non-festival concerts in the country, and those were 125,000 people. the live 8 concert in london was a ticketed event of 200,000.

non ticketed events have the potential to be much larger, no doubt. but 2-5 times larger? I look at pictures of events with 200k people and can't imagine how (or why) another 400k would show up. they'd be so far from the attraction it seems pointless.

at a festival with multiple stages, sure then there's room for many more. but I have a hard time believing single stage events could grow that large. I dunno, maybe they don't don't do it the same as they used to.

i think you are right in that all 3 shows i mentioned, plus ws99, started out as a pay show, i only paid for ws99, and the other xxk people behind me went in free too .... those things in india too, the holy events, 2 million plus or something like that ... i know it hard to imagine, but it happens ... i will look some other stats up, but i know at 99 which i remember best since it is the most recent, they said it was almost a mile from the one stage to the next .. put 100's of thousands of people blocking your way, and you just dont run over from stage to stage . canx**

disgustipated
10-04-2007, 11:48 AM
06/14/1997
Texas Motor Speedway hosts the Fruit of the Loom CountryFest for an estimated 185,000 spectators. Featured performers were Jo Dee Messina, Bryan White, Wynonna Judd, Vince Gill, The Charlie Daniels Band, Hank Williams Jr., Leann Rimes, Travis Tritt and Randy Travis.

06/21/1997 Texas Motor Speedway hosts the Blockbuster RockFest for an estimated 385,000 music fans. Featured performers were matchbox 20, Jewel , Bush, No Doubt, Collective Soul, Counting Crows and The Wallflowers.

I went to both of these. They were free. The Rockfest was INSANE. The wait to park was well over three hours. I went with two girls that I had met a week or two before, who were flashing guys to get us beers while we sat in traffic. By the time we got in the venue, I was waisted. Lost them within 15 minutes, then spent the rest of the day in a sea of 300 thousand people.

Yablonowitz
10-04-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm not interested in music, that's why I'm here.

canexplain
10-04-2007, 11:57 AM
06/14/1997
Texas Motor Speedway hosts the Fruit of the Loom CountryFest for an estimated 185,000 spectators. Featured performers were Jo Dee Messina, Bryan White, Wynonna Judd, Vince Gill, The Charlie Daniels Band, Hank Williams Jr., Leann Rimes, Travis Tritt and Randy Travis.

06/21/1997 Texas Motor Speedway hosts the Blockbuster RockFest for an estimated 385,000 music fans. Featured performers were matchbox 20, Jewel , Bush, No Doubt, Collective Soul, Counting Crows and The Wallflowers.

I went to both of these. They were free. The Rockfest was INSANE. The wait to park was well over three hours. I went with two girls that I had met a week or two before, who were flashing guys to get us beers while we sat in traffic. By the time we got in the venue, I was waisted. Lost them within 15 minutes, then spent the rest of the day in a sea of 300 thousand people.

I bet you didn’t just run over from one end of the speedway to the other huh … I am not here to argue with anyone, its just that a fest, Coachella, Glastonbury, etc, 80-100k is large, but small considering some of the one time festivals that have happened … canx**

disgustipated
10-04-2007, 12:16 PM
who's arguing? I didn't have to run from stage to stage because there was only one stage.

canexplain
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
who's arguing? I didn't have to run from stage to stage because there was only one stage.

no i was agreeing with you on the numbers anyway .. so only one stage huh .. most of those other shows had multiple stages, the usual 2 bigs ones on each end ... canx**

shakermaker113
10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
maybe I need to adjust my world view. while I am aware of certain other colossal events I have not come across any concerts that large, and maybe all the concerts I have witnessed that claim to be the largest fill in the blank ever might be full of shit. but my life has been short so far, a quarter of a century only gets me so far. the real size of those events is buried in people's memories now, and unfortunately that's a place I cannot visit. I will take your word, and keep my eyes open for concerts larger than I can possibly imagine.

although I have a REALLY hard time believing that 385k showed up for matchbox 20 and the like, even if it was free. haha.

orbit
10-05-2007, 05:07 AM
A couple of hours before the Rolling Stones free concert at Rio de Janeiro last year

http://www.iorr.org/rio/20060218_rs21.jpg

Estimated assistance to the show: Over 1 million people.

canexplain
10-05-2007, 05:39 AM
maybe I need to adjust my world view. while I am aware of certain other colossal events I have not come across any concerts that large, and maybe all the concerts I have witnessed that claim to be the largest fill in the blank ever might be full of shit. but my life has been short so far, a quarter of a century only gets me so far. the real size of those events is buried in people's memories now, and unfortunately that's a place I cannot visit. I will take your word, and keep my eyes open for concerts larger than I can possibly imagine.

although I have a REALLY hard time believing that 385k showed up for matchbox 20 and the like, even if it was free. haha.
I wasn’t meaning to sound uppity or anything …. Its just a big wide beautiful world out there and there are always surprises … many times I will go to a show and think “geez I am the oldest person here”, saying it with some pride, then some dude that could be my dad walks by … there is always something bigger, better, newer, and that’s good because change is pretty cool …. Canx** matchbox 20 lol was on tv last night ...

shakermaker113
10-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Its just a big wide beautiful world out there and there are always surprises … there is always something bigger, better, newer, and that’s good because change is pretty cool

you're right. thanks. :-)

shakermaker113
10-05-2007, 09:25 AM
A couple of hours before the Rolling Stones free concert at Rio de Janeiro last year

http://www.iorr.org/rio/20060218_rs21.jpg

Estimated assistance to the show: Over 1 million people.

why is there that large gap in front of the stage? that is the stage, to the right, yeah?

and I only count 452,650 people there. j/k. where's waldo?

canexplain
10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
why is there that large gap in front of the stage? that is the stage, to the right, yeah?

and I only count 452,650 people there. j/k. where's waldo?

that was funny :) so live in the bay area...i used to hang in pacifica .... great place but the fog gets old ....canx**

whynotsmile99
10-05-2007, 11:13 AM
god can you imagine being front row for that?!?! I thought being by the cameras at rock the bells was bad...fuck. It would be really fun to start making your way through the crowd once they came on though. I wonder how long it would take to push your way through 1 million people drunk as hel

algunz
10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
I would have wanted to be on one of the boats. In fact, it's kinda surprising that there aren't more.

Boourns
10-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I remember Radiohead in San Diego last year...several boats surrounding us, and a lot of people sitting on the convention center steps listening for free.

captncrzy
10-05-2007, 12:54 PM
Glastonbury looks like a complete, total nightmare

I met a DJ on a plane in August-he was on his way to Leeds...he said he's done Glastonbury a couple of times and it's a complete pain in the ass. Too much mud, no choice but to camp, and it takes forever to get from stage to stage. Also, he said most of the decent bands he wants to see plays the other European festivals anyway, so he just goes to Leeds every year.

And people have already posted rumored artists for 2008 in Wikipedia...

Muse
Oasis - Confirmed by Noel Gallagher
Radiohead
Kylie Minogue
Neil Young
Tom Waits
Goldfrapp - Confirmed by Mute Records, Headlining the Pyramid Stage
Midnight Juggernauts
The Mind Set

I'm excited that Goldfrapp is (supposedly) confirmed for that...it means they're planning on touring that time of year-which makes a Coach appearance hopeful.

That looks crazy, but at least there's a beach there.

ShyGuy75
10-05-2007, 01:13 PM
I am planning on heading to Glasto also this year. Thanks for making the thread Shotglass.

LOL at all the people on this thread commenting on a festival that they have never attended.

canexplain
10-05-2007, 01:55 PM
I am planning on heading to Glasto also this year. Thanks for making the thread Shotglass.

LOL at all the people on this thread commenting on a festival that they have never attended.

you have a point, but i never went to hell on i guess i comment on that sometimes ... like it doesnt exist .. but thats not the point ... we can also read boards such as this one for most any fest ... not giving you a hard time, but if only people who went to coachella posted here, the member list would be a lot smaller i bet ... canx**

shakermaker113
10-05-2007, 02:03 PM

yeah I'm sure a lot of people who haven't been to coachella complain about the heat at coachella. :-)

I'd like to make it to glastonbury some day. I'd take heat over rain & mud any day, but still... glastonbury looks like it's worth trying. if only tickets weren't tied to people's faces... I know they are trying to prevent scalping, but it also means everyone has to be super organized about attending.

ShyGuy75
10-05-2007, 02:08 PM
People will find time to bitch about anything, weather they saw it or not. The goal is to be above that type of thinking. Yes, the tent during Hot Chip was insanely boiling hot, but I will not bitch about it. If I let minor stuff like heat and mud affect my outlook on things, then I most likely would never leave the house with a smile on my face or a hop in my step.

canexplain
10-05-2007, 02:17 PM
People will find time to bitch about anything, weather they saw it or not. The goal is to be above that type of thinking. Yes, the tent during Hot Chip was insanely boiling hot, but I will not bitch about it. If I let minor stuff like heat and mud affect my outlook on things, then I most likely would never leave the house with a smile on my face or a hop in my step.

yep, great attitude ... canx**

miseducation
10-16-2007, 08:22 AM
The heat at Coachella's not so bad DURING the fest. Especially when you've done it before and you know how to conserve energy right.

There's only really one unbearable thing about Coachella and it's the only thing that's got me thinking of maybe going trans-atlantic this year instead. Waking up in the campgrounds in a pool of your own sweat is the most disgusting feeling I can imagine.

It takes a little while and a good shower to recover from how gross that is. But yet, without camping - Coachella is nowhere near as fun.

If I consciously decide not to go, I'd probably only go to Pukkelpop. They're the only festival that programs like Coachella does.

Glastonbury sounds like too much of a chore to travel across the ocean for.

shotglass75
11-04-2007, 08:21 AM
And...Bumpity Bump Bump Bump!!!!

ShyGuy75
12-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Looks like Radiohead for Saturday night, huh? Sweet.

orbit
01-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Ticket info: (http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/)

To buy a ticket for Glastonbury 2008, you MUST first register during February
As part of his continuing campaign to combat touting, Michael Eavis has confirmed that if you want to buy a ticket for Glastonbury 2008, you will first have to register. He explained, "I want to keep up the momentum we gathered last year by stopping ticket touting altogether - thank you for being so supportive of our registration process, which is after all quite tedious. I appreciate it so much".

The 2008 registration process is very similar to last year’s award winning system, which involved supplying your contact details and a passport standard photo. Everyone, including children aged 13 and over, who wants to buy tickets will need to register first to be eligible to go through the sales procedure on 6th April. Each ticket sold will feature a photograph of the person in whose name it is registered and will be non-transferable, so if you plan to buy tickets for friends or family, make sure they all register.

You can register any time from 9am on Friday, 1st February, 2008, until midnight on Friday, 29th February 2008, either online or by completing a registration form.

orbit
01-14-2008, 11:13 AM
And also, Michael Eavis said in an interview with the BBC that Glastonbury will have a 'black american headliner'

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/somerset/realmedia/2008/01/festival?size=16x9&bgc=C0C0C0&nbram=1&bbram=1)

summerkid
01-14-2008, 12:06 PM
*Cough* Kanye *Cough* or maybe Jay Z.

kreutz2112
01-14-2008, 12:08 PM
I hope Kanye headlines Glastonbury and does not show up to coachella. I am in full support of Jay-Z being at coachella though.

instinct
01-15-2008, 10:57 PM
The heat at Coachella's not so bad DURING the fest. Especially when you've done it before and you know how to conserve energy right.

There's only really one unbearable thing about Coachella and it's the only thing that's got me thinking of maybe going trans-atlantic this year instead. Waking up in the campgrounds in a pool of your own sweat is the most disgusting feeling I can imagine.

It takes a little while and a good shower to recover from how gross that is. But yet, without camping - Coachella is nowhere near as fun.

If I consciously decide not to go, I'd probably only go to Pukkelpop. They're the only festival that programs like Coachella does.

Glastonbury sounds like too much of a chore to travel across the ocean for.

I still got my bracelet on from Pukkelpop 07... but I must say Pukkelpop is not nearly as good as Coachella.. but the weather is better (it didn't really rain when I went though).

instinct
01-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Speaking of big big big event... The Love Parade in Berlin was expected to have 1.5 million people in 1999. A couple of others have had over 1 million as well.

bballarl
01-15-2008, 11:20 PM
I'm going to register and see what happens.

nocigarettes
01-15-2008, 11:22 PM
And also, Michael Eavis said in an interview with the BBC that Glastonbury will have a 'black american headliner'

Link (http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/somerset/realmedia/2008/01/festival?size=16x9&bgc=C0C0C0&nbram=1&bbram=1)

could be Prince

bballarl
01-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Prince is alien, not American.

summerkid
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
well they said that the performer would appeal to a younger audience I don't think Prince does that.

tessalasset
01-15-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't think we'll ever be seeing this at Coachella:

http://www.urban75.org/photos/glasto/images/glasto134.jpg

suprefan
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Nope, not until the weather goes crazy and a hurricane hits the desert.

paulb
01-16-2008, 12:12 AM
I don't think we'll ever be seeing this at Coachella:

http://www.urban75.org/photos/glasto/images/glasto134.jpg

Is that from Glastonbury? Thats almost what it was like at the Hurricane festival in 07, thank god i did the hotel route.

tessalasset
01-16-2008, 08:46 AM
Yeah Glasto 05. We were enthralled with it on here when that happened.

HunterGather
01-16-2008, 09:09 AM

Wow :o
I knew the festival was this big grand event, but I didn't think THAT big :eek:

Sushov23
01-16-2008, 09:54 PM
DAMN

whynotsmile99
01-16-2008, 09:58 PM
thats just crazy. and confusing. I think I would get lost there

ShyGuy75
01-16-2008, 10:00 PM
I am looking forward to getting lost there

HunterGather
01-17-2008, 06:02 AM
I was also in awe just looking at the lineup of 2007. The page just went on and on and on spread across never ending amounts of stages it seemed.

You fo sho needed to make sure you knew what you wanted to be doing.

I'll go there someday.

waxybk
01-17-2008, 06:04 AM
WOW, I would LOVE to get lost there. That's just insanity!

lindseyb
01-17-2008, 02:22 PM
its like a city. i was totally overwhelmed by the size of it at first. you don't really get lost because there are signs everywhere and maps in your little booklet thing they give you. the first night we climbed up this hill that overlooked the festival and you could see all the lights below. it was so beautiful and tons of people were just sitting on this hill and then everyone would start cheering for no particular reason. there was this excitement and electricity in the air...everyone was just so stoked to be there.

about there being so many acts on the lineup, its not like you try to see even a 1/3 of them. you don't adhere to a strict schedule like coachella. there is so much more to this festival than the lineup. So you go see a few shows a day and the rest of the time you just walk around and see stuff and eat or hang out by your tents and drink all day. well thats what i did anyway! i can't imagine trying to see tons of bands in a day because it can be so hard to move from one place to another, you just end up saying "fuck it" and head back to your tent for more booze.

i'm the opposite at coachella. i haul ass around as fast as i can to see as many bands as possible, but glasto is just not like that; its so much more laid back.

tessalasset
01-17-2008, 11:43 PM
my first year at coachella, i camped next to two british guys who were going to glastonbury for the first time a couple months later. i kept in touch with one of them and he told me how fucking amazing glasto was, how totally different from coachella. there are little towns in this thing. music going all night long. they had a movie tent thing that people could watch movies in around the clock. he went to a drum circle/dance thing at sunrise one day. it really is just a whole community that lives and breathes glastonbury for a week. i really would love to experience it at least once.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
01-26-2008, 09:15 AM
No Zep even at Glastonbury? WTF

orbit
01-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Interesting.. Looks like they'll be getting the Verve as headliner for one of the nights then. I wonder if they also will get MBV.

betao
01-26-2008, 12:07 PM
REM perhaps?

ShyGuy75
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Surprisingly, the Glastonbury message board is taking the news of the headliners in good stride. Actually, I'm not surprised.

Their take on the positive aspect of it is that it will be easier for them to get tickets since the headliners may turn some people off. Can you imagine only having a 1 in 4 shot at getting Coachella tix every year?

For the most part, they are also excited about KOL and the Verve.

I think the festival/community aspect of Glastonbury is the main reason why most of them go, with the headliners being a distant second.

Also found this interesting.

"Hopes that Blur would stage a reunion appearance came to naught. Radiohead, a Glastonbury favourite, said they would attend but have no plans to play."

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/festivals/article3335693.ece

They are playing in Victoria Park in London the Tues. and Wed. night b4 Glasto, so it makes sense they would go.

paulb
02-08-2008, 03:21 PM
If I was in London around the same time, I would attend too....does that make me special?

ThomThom
02-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Surprisingly, the Glastonbury message board is taking the news of the headliners in good stride. Actually, I'm not surprised. They aren't so much like the miserable clique that live on this board.

Their take on the positive aspect of it is that it will be easier for them to get tickets since the headliners may turn some people off. Can you imagine only having a 1 in 4 shot at getting Coachella tix every year?

For the most part, they are also excited about KOL and the Verve.

I think the festival/community aspect of Glastonbury is the main reason why most of them go, with the headliners being a distant second.

Also found this interesting.

"Hopes that Blur would stage a reunion appearance came to naught. Radiohead, a Glastonbury favourite, said they would attend but have no plans to play."

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/festivals/article3335693.ece

They are playing in Victoria Park in London the Tues. and Wed. night b4 Glasto, so it makes sense they would go.

Yeah, that messageboard is very pleasant, it revolves around a "I hope I get tickets no matter what the lineup is" attitude, and although I am not the biggest KOL fan, they are fucking HUGE over there, I don't think putting them at headliner status is all that bad for Glastonbury fans.

ThomThom
02-08-2008, 03:23 PM
If I was in London around the same time, I would attend too....does that make me special?

No it doesn't because your not a member of one of the biggest bands in that country. On a side note, Paulb can I have your autograph?

idrive1life
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
I'm definitely not going however, for those who are still interested and tracking which bands are confirmed to play ...

Elbow
Massive Attack
British Sea Power
CSS
Leonar Cohen
Hot Chip

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-13-2008, 09:51 AM
mmmmm.....Massive Attack....they should make them a headliner...

idrive1life
02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Massive Attack will headline the Other Stage.

http://www.virtualfestivals.com/latest/news/4353

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Does this mean Massive Attack will finally release their friggin follow up album? What are we going on now? 5 years?

EDIT: maybe we'll get a us tour in the process...or APW?

Boourns
02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
CSS and Massive Attack? Nice.

shakermaker113
02-13-2008, 04:10 PM
are the headliners confirmed then? I don't see any confirmations anywhere.

ShyGuy75
02-13-2008, 08:12 PM
Massive Attack!!!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/coachella75/MM.gif

whynotsmile99
02-13-2008, 08:15 PM
Massive Attack!!!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj20/coachella75/MM.gif

that gave me a very hearty laugh. I hope lil man gets his own show

MassiveChemicalPunk
02-13-2008, 08:32 PM
I'd give anything to see Massive Attack. Good for Glastonbury

rage patton
02-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Massive Attack will be headling a day at Coachella 2009. I am calling it right now.

betao
02-13-2008, 09:07 PM
that is fine with me. i'd be more than happy with it. i'd love to see them.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
02-14-2008, 04:09 AM
Massive Attack will be headling a day at Coachella 2009. I am calling it right now.

Remember folks...the 1st Coachella in 1999 was supposed to be a 3 day with Massive Attack headlining Friday...

shakermaker113
02-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Remember folks...the 1st Coachella in 1999 was supposed to be a 3 day with Massive Attack headlining Friday...

whaaat? are you serious?? they buried that fact pretty well. (if it's true, that is).

ShyGuy75
04-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Anyone going to try and get tickets tonight?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
04-06-2008, 03:54 AM
whaaat? are you serious?? they buried that fact pretty well. (if it's true, that is).

Paul T mentioned it in a interview sometime last year...now that I think of it, it might have been in the Coachella edition of URB...

gorazd
04-06-2008, 01:04 PM
anyone else got tickets?

it still hasn't sold out

Sushov23
04-06-2008, 01:06 PM
that is shocking, I wonder why it hasn't sold out.

orbit
04-06-2008, 03:16 PM
i guess people don't like the headliners.

hypervera
04-06-2008, 03:22 PM

agreed

gorazd
04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
the actual rumour going round: someone major (Jay-Z probably) cancelled ?!?

(I really hope it's not Cohen)

rage patton
04-06-2008, 09:30 PM
Holy shit... Glastonbury has't sold out? Wow.

ShyGuy75
04-06-2008, 09:34 PM

I think it has more to do with the past three festivals of rain, flooding, mud, the economy (weak international dollar), and many more festivals to choose from. Glasto isn't a festival that people go to because of the headliners. Some people have gone for 20+ years. If I were a Glasto regular, I would be estatic that less people are going to be there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glastonbury_Festival

paulb
04-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Glastonbury at the moment, aint got shit on T In The Park.

sonofhal
04-07-2008, 01:31 AM
I heard Jay Z will not be there due to the terms of his new Live Nation contract.

ShyGuy75
06-10-2008, 11:22 AM
So anyone else going?

Great interview:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/sftw/article1251899.ece

'People having a go hurts us'

AT the Glastonbury Festival last year, knee-deep in mud and soaked by torrential rain, I vowed never to return.

But, a year later, carrying my wellies, I am back at a sunny Worthy Farm in Pilton, Somerset, to meet organisers Michael and Emily Eavis.

The pair are eager to answer our questions about the criticisms they’ve been subjected to this year — the line-up, the controversial booking of rapper Jay-Z, coping with the weather, the pre-registration process and sound levels.

And it’s clear that jolly farmer Michael and feisty daughter Emily are ready to fight back.

As we speed around the farm site in Michael’s Land Rover, it’s a bumpy, white-knuckle ride but he is keen to show me why things will be better this year. “It will be our flagship year, mark my words,” Michael tells me.

Emily says: “It’s upset us having to defend the festival this year. It’s our home, we invite people here and it’s the best party in the world. But we’re ready to answer your questions so next one please.”

You’ve had stick over this year’s Glastonbury. Has it affected you?

Michael: This has been our life for 38 years so, of course, it hurts that people have a go. But when you’re successful like Glastonbury has been, people start kicking you.

Last year, it was a mudbath. How have you improved things should the weather be awful this year?

Michael: Well, first, the prospects are good for the end of June and we’re due a good year.

Emily: We have a new drainage system — a massive project which cost £100,000 spanning the hill areas and The Park.

Michael: We had three inches of rain last week and none of the water came through the fields. It all went down the drains.

Why the backlash?

Emily: After three years of mud it was inevitable and we are getting the blame for the rain. Last year, it was so intense that we knew this was coming.

Michael: The bubble had to burst and it has but it’s not a problem.

It’s the first year that tickets haven’t sold out. Why?

Michael: We’re close now and we’ve sold more than 126,000, which is way more than any other festival and we’re selling more than 500 a day.

Emily: People are waiting to see how the weather is before buying. It’s given those who might have missed out last year the chance to come.

It will be the real Glastonbury fans coming, not just those who think it’s cool to go but who then find it’s not their thing. It will be the best atmosphere we have had in a long time. If we had sold to the touts as we have in the past then, of course, we would have sold out.

We want to sell to people who want to come and that’s why it’s taking a while.

How has the pre-registration process worked?

Emily: It was so awful seeing people getting ripped off by touts.

Michael: Because of touting some tickets were selling for £600. It was a real racket and the real people who wanted to come had to pay high money.

I was trying to protect them and the photo on the ticket works. We’re the only people doing it and we’re just farmers.

We’re not that brilliant but we got it to work.

Last year, you said you wanted to attract younger fans back, but you have Neil Diamond, Leonard Cohen, and Shakin Stevens in this year’s line-up. Hardly cutting-edge youths.

Michael: Half the people are above 40 — it’s a real mix. We want everybody here! I wish I’d never said anything about the youngsters now, it was never a big statement. I do put my foot in it but I’m not bad for my age!

Has the festival lost its hippy ethos in favour of a corporate approach?

Michael: Nah, that’s rubbish.

Emily: You’d be hard pushed to find any branding on the site. Apart from the charities like Oxfam, the limited sponsorship we do have is practical, like Orange, who supply all the communication phones on site. We are fighting off brands every day. The ethos is the same as it always has been.

Another criticism has been that the festival has got too big and you can’t get from stage to stage to see everyone you want to see?

Michael: There are a lot of people to share it out with — all those performers.

Emily: Everyone has a different experience when they come to Glastonbury. Some don’t come for the music at all — others stay at certain stages or tents.

Michael: We have thought of downsizing but we’ll see what happens this year. We have extra space as it was just too packed last year. We’ve extended it by 70 acres from the south-westerly corner on Pennard Hill.

So what’s the truth about Amy Winehouse. Was she a last-minute addition or first on the list?

Emily: We had been talking to her since October but couldn’t say anything. She’s going to be great. She was our first booking.

Jay-Z is headlining on Saturday. Not everyone agrees with your choice. How do you feel about that?

Emily: People don’t like change and there’s an element who want it to be a Coldplay or a Radiohead — but the best thing we can do is give people something different.

Last year The Killers, Arctic Monkeys and The Who were all bands people expected to headline Glastonbury. A lot of people who don’t understand why Jay-Z is headlining haven’t seen him live.

He is phenomenal. Every time someone comes to this festival they discover new music — this year it will be a headliner.
So who booked Jay-Z?

Emily: It was me — I am taking responsibility.

Michael: I was working on Radiohead and I had a feeling they wanted to do it but, when it went down, I said to Emily, “Let’s go with Jay-Z. Phone his agent.”

Speaking out ... Michael and daughter Emily

Emily: Since we’ve booked him, he’s been doing a lot more other shows, which shows how popular he is. We just wanted someone really different to shake things up.

There was a huge reaction to it, partly because Noel Gallagher spoke about it, which is fair enough, but Jay-Z never wavered. He was never pulling out, which shows solidarity.

What about the sound. Last year you had real problems with bands like The Killers and Arctic Monkeys?

Michael: We have been working very closely with the local council regarding noise issues all over the site. We are super-confident that the sound will be cracking on all the stages this year. In particular, we have made vast improvements to the sound on the main stages and we can assure you everyone will be very happy with what they hear.

Kings Of Leon have divided music fans as to whether they’re a headline band? What do you think?

Emily: Coldplay in 2002 and Muse in 2004 were both scrutinised and critics said they shouldn’t be headlining. And both pulled it off and have gone down in history.

Kings Of Leon will be playing stadiums next year. You have to see bands making that transition and they will pull it off.

Why didn’t you get The Verve to play Friday rather than Sunday, the night when everyone is really up for it?

Emily: The Verve play a hypnotic set and you need that Sunday night.

Michael: They are a perfect closing band like Muse in 2004 and David Bowie in 2000.

Was there anyone else you hoped to get? What about Madonna?

Michael: We didn’t ask her.

Emily: She’s not right for this year. We really wanted Neil Young.

Michael: We ask him every year but don’t get anywhere. I don’t think we offer enough money. It costs £21million to do this and there is no way we can spend a million on a band. It wouldn’t work.

Are there too many festivals now?

Michael: There are lots but there’s nothing like this one. I went to Latitude and the local paper said “Our very own Glastonbury” — what a cheek. But you see others borrowing from us — and the highest form of flattery is imitation.

Glastonbury Festival runs from Friday, June 27, to Sunday, June 29. For details go to glastonburyfestivals.co.uk.

shotglass75
06-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I heard Jay Z will not be there due to the terms of his new Live Nation contract.

you heard wrong

MarkO
06-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Any festival that books Shakin' Stevens gets my vote. Srsly.

shotglass75
06-11-2008, 05:20 AM
I'll be honest with ya, re-reading this thread that I started sometime back in 2007 and knowing that I will be at this festival in 2 weeks from today really blows my mind. Holy shit, I'm actually going to Glastonbury!!!!!!

JSam67
06-11-2008, 05:31 AM
I bet it's very surreal, shotglass. Enjoy yourself, especially at Massive Attack. Try not to miss the Roo too much.

shotglass75
06-11-2008, 05:44 AM
I haven't really even thought about Roo. I barely have thought about anything but Glastonbury for about a month now. I'm Tivo-ing FUSE this weekend though for the Bonnaroo highlights.

JSam67
06-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Well, Roo's got a forgettable lineup this year, but those late night long sets from MMJ and Sigur Ros (whom I'm seeing tomorrow in Kansas City) will be epic.

Still can't believe you get Glasto... Pack your galoshes.

ShyGuy75
06-11-2008, 08:32 AM
if i see you at glasto, shitglass, i will rub your face in the mud.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=559

looks like rain for wednesday night, and then all clear.

Start saving up now for next year JSam.

From the glasto board:

Yep there's nothing quite like the delicate haze brought apon by an afternoon of brother's cider and dozing in front of the jazz world stage. It's a delightful mix of inebreiation and sun stroke that really cannot be beaten.

BROKENDOLL
06-11-2008, 09:11 AM
I'll be honest with ya, re-reading this thread that I started sometime back in 2007 and knowing that I will be at this festival in 2 weeks from today really blows my mind. Holy shit, I'm actually going to Glastonbury!!!!!!

if i see you at glasto, shitglass, i will rub your face in the mud.

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/event_forecast.asp?eventID=559

looks like rain for wednesday night, and then all clear.

Start saving up now for next year JSam.

From the glasto board:

Yep there's nothing quite like the delicate haze brought apon by an afternoon of brother's cider and dozing in front of the jazz world stage. It's a delightful mix of inebreiation and sun stroke that really cannot be beaten. I hadn't bothered to check this thread out until today, and now, after reading the whole thing I can honestly say, "Wow, you only live once and I am so envious of the experience you guys are gonna have in 2 weeks! Bon Voyage!"

Backwater
06-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, Roo's got a forgettable lineup this year, but those late night long sets from MMJ and Sigur Ros (whom I'm seeing tomorrow in Kansas City) will be epic.

Still can't believe you get Glasto... Pack your galoshes.

Bonnaroo this year is forgettable????!!!!!!?????????

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, B.B.King, forget him, he never did anything important in music.

Mr. Dylanja
06-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Nobody hates on Willy either, I mean NOBODY!

Sushov23
06-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I want to go to Glastonbury, and Bonnaroo sometime. I shall make it happen one day.

BlackSwan
06-12-2008, 12:24 AM
good thing you didn't go to bonnaroo this year. MIA just cancelled and it's going to rain hardcore.

Sushov23
06-12-2008, 12:47 AM
i heard about the rain, it could mess up a lot of sets. I think Kanye's set might just become Kanye Solo(MINUS) Glow in the dark because of the rain.

BlackSwan
06-12-2008, 12:50 AM
i heard about the rain, it could mess up a lot of sets. I think Kanye's set might just become Kanye Solo(MINUS) Glow in the dark because of the rain.

and he will cry about it. poor little kanye.

rage patton
06-12-2008, 12:51 AM
MIA cancelling actually makes Bonnaroo more appealing to me. The rain part does suck though. How hard?

BlackSwan
06-12-2008, 12:57 AM
MIA cancelling actually makes Bonnaroo more appealing to me. The rain part does suck though. How hard?

really? i mean, i'm not a HUGE MIA fan, but her album was fun. she is ok live, and her show is def a fun dance party. MIA balances the hippy line up out a little bit too. i heard it's pretty bad and supposed to last a couple days.

rage patton
06-12-2008, 12:59 AM
I have never been an MIA fan... but after people telling me how I need to see her live, I decided to give her a chance at Sasquatch. It was fucking appaling. One of the worst "music" experiences of my entire life. Never again. Ever.

Sushov23
06-12-2008, 01:08 AM
i'm guessing the gunshots got irritating? because I have seen her 3 times now, and the only thing I don't like is those fucking gunshots, I mean damn, not every single song MIA. STOP!.

rage patton
06-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Those gunshots were one of the many things that drove me nuts.

BlackSwan
06-12-2008, 01:10 AM
the gunshots are horrible... true story.

Sushov23
06-12-2008, 01:14 AM
that is the only thing I don't like. The rest of it is awesome, a lot of dancing with cute girls, and hearing some good music.

PassiveTheory
06-12-2008, 01:14 AM
Is Diplo still her DJ?...

Sushov23
06-12-2008, 01:19 AM
I don't think so.

PassiveTheory
06-12-2008, 01:23 AM
I like the name someone gave whomever her DJ is in a review of her Coach show that I read: DJ Call of Duty.

ShyGuy75
06-12-2008, 07:41 AM
If any of you fine chaps have any recommendations from the Jazz World stage or the Acoustic stage, please, don't be shy. Thanks.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news.aspx

lindseyb
06-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Have fun, you guys. I'm sad I'm not going this year. :(

Boourns
06-12-2008, 12:39 PM
*throw on an outfit and wig that must have been designed by Stevie Wonder*
"banga langa wanga" *presses gunshot button*
langa wanga tanga" *presses gunshot button ten times*
repeat for 50 minutes

That's M.I.A.

shakermaker113
06-12-2008, 01:11 PM
I think Kanye's set might just become Kanye Solo(MINUS) Glow in the dark because of the rain.

you know I think that actually makes it more attractive. it'll focus more on his performance, and give him a little more freedom. whether he does well in that situation or not bonnaroo will have to see... but if I saw him again I'd much rather see him without the glow in the dark setup.

ShyGuy75
06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
If any of you fine chaps have any recommendations from the Jazz World stage or the Acoustic stage, please, don't be shy. Thanks.

*posted again due to the Roo chatter*

shakermaker113
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM

woah... Fun Lovin’ Criminals are playing the jazz world stage. I didn't realize they still existed.

(this was not a recommendation, just a miniature flashback...)

jigsaw
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM

I would see Jimmy Cliff.

ShyGuy75
06-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Saturday night will go....

Black Lips
Band of Horses
Hot Chip
Massive Attack

Pack an extra mouthpiece

suprefan
06-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Well day 1 is over, bbc site has lots of stuff to stream, torrent sites shoudl have full sets by monday for everyone that was broadcast. Im watchign the foals set and its solid

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/foals/

sonofhal
06-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I love the Glasto TV coverage. I can just choose what stage i want to watch throughout the day from the comfort of my sofa. No mud involved.

Sushov23
06-27-2008, 04:30 PM
do they release set times for this? foals sound good.

suprefan
06-27-2008, 04:33 PM
8 hour time difference and you could just check the glasto website you know. there will be plenty of footage like I said by next week.

Yes chris you lucky guy, no BBC network here covers it. Its what makes the u.k. so awesome, that they will dedicate %80 of programming to this festival on like 5 channels... PLUS radio coverage.

orbit
06-27-2008, 04:42 PM
mtv will cover coachella next year.

idrive1life
06-27-2008, 04:45 PM
snap

idrive1life
06-27-2008, 05:06 PM
The Ting Tings

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/tingtings/

suprefan
06-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah keep linking to a bunch of those, they keep uplading em.

Mr. Dylanja
06-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Has Jiggaman played yet?

ThomThom
06-27-2008, 06:45 PM
DYLANJA!

Mr. Dylanja
06-27-2008, 06:54 PM
Whats up buddy, is it fucking August yet?

idrive1life
06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Yeah keep linking to a bunch of those, they keep uplading em.

MGMT's up now

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/mgmt/

canexplain
06-27-2008, 08:12 PM
tnx dude streaming now ...x*****

Backwater
06-27-2008, 09:55 PM
These aren't full sets right? Everyone gets 30 minutes? That wouldn't make any sense.

Backwater
06-27-2008, 11:38 PM
The Editors blow because of their singer. The Ting Tings and Foals were both fucking great!

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Editors are awesome as always. They are even so much better live in person. Tom Smith's voice is incredible in record and live (I just got the chills again with that performance of All Sparks). Tom Smith :pulse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/editors/

Setlist

'Bones'
'An End Has A Start'
'Escape The Nest'
'All Sparks'
'No Sound But The Wind'
'Bullets'
'Blood'
'You Are Fading'
'Munich'
'The Weight Of The World'
'Fingers In The Factories'
'Smokers Outside The Hospital Doors'

I was hoping they would show in that stream the new song. lol @ "This is also a new song" before Bullets.

Im so glad they did that start to Munich.

The amazing Fratellis!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/fratellis/

Kings of Leon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/kingsofleon/

woot! another one I cant wait to see at Lolla.

The Enemy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/enemy/

We Are Scientists

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/200...arescientists/

It will be pure awesomeness at The Other Stage today (I wish I will be there)

Elbow -> Hot Chip -> Massive Attack

And I hope BBC will have stream for The Wombats. Come on, how about some Glasvegas and Franz Ferdinand!

Plus these

Dance East

* Fatboy Slim
* Roisin Murphy
* X-Press 2
* Hercules and Love Affair
* Cicada
* 20/20 Soundsystem
* Way Out West Sound System
* Cagedbaby
* Men In Masks
* Fundamental Skillz
* Bad Science
* Myth of Unity

Dance West

* Booka Shade
* James Zabiela
* The Count & Sinden
* Infadels
* Renegade Soundwave
* Zion Train
* Sneaky Sound System
* Bitesize
* Rennie Pilgrem & The TCR All Stars
* Riton
* Riva Star

DRcube
06-28-2008, 08:44 AM
this is a link to a mock schedule...it says that some are pretty accurate and the rest are taken from last years schedule

http://www.halvin.co.uk/pages/clashfinder08/

PassiveTheory
06-28-2008, 08:50 AM
mtv will cover coachella next year.

No way.

Sexecutioner
06-28-2008, 10:34 AM
watching the fratellis right now. man, they are rockin! wish i had caught them at coach, but they were on too early. i hope they tour the states soon.

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 11:31 AM
short 2 minutes interview & performance clips from Franz Ferdinand's surprise set

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/franzferdinand/

suprefan
06-28-2008, 11:56 AM
watching the fratellis right now. man, they are rockin! wish i had caught them at coach, but they were on too early. i hope they tour the states soon.

they are doing ACL, I see no reason why there isnt more u.s. dates. And yes they kicked ass in Mojave that Saturday.

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 12:23 PM
still waiting for the fratellis to come around when I am able to see them, they are one of those bands where when they tour LA or SD it is always a bad time for me.

eudaemonia
06-28-2008, 12:23 PM
The amazing Fratellis!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/fratellis/

Thanks for this. I kept trying the links from their site or forum (comments) and it always came up blocked (to non-UK residents). I'm still high from their Key Club show a couple of weeks ago.

For the curious, they're planning on coming back to L.A. (and I'm sure others around the Virgin Toronto, ACL & Monolith fest) this September. :D

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 06:03 PM
The Raconteurs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/raconteurs/

DRcube
06-28-2008, 06:05 PM
lol JAY-Z covered oasis!!!

http://www.nme.com/news/jay-z/37716

Jay-Z headlined Glastonbury tonight (June 28) in front of one of the largest crowds the Pyramid Stage has ever seen.

Following the controversial build up over the choice to have a rapper top the bill at the festival, a large number of fans turned up to see what would happened, and Jay-Z tackled the dissent straight on from the opening.

Before taking to the stage, a video mash up played that chopped up Noel Gallagher's statement that: "I don't want hip-hop at Glastonbury."

Based around the guitarist's objections, footage of world leaders, celebrities and fans were spliced together into a video montage.

It ended with Gallagher' saying: "Jay-Z has got no fucking chance" as the rapper took to the stage and mimed along to Oasis' 'Wonderwall', before declaring "I've just got one thing to say" then launched straight into '99 Problems', which he spliced with AC/DC's 'Back In Black' guitar riff.

Introducing 'I Know', Jay-Z then told the crowd: "For those who didn't get the memo I'm Jay-Z and I'm pretty awesome!"

The crowds booed as a big picture of US President George Bush appeared on the big screens, as Jay-Z then freestyled about the US government's slow response to Hurricane Katrina's impact New Orleans and its effect on the poorer black communities. He ended his rap with a definitive "fuck Bush".

He then added: "Let's change it up" as a picture of Democratic NME.COMhopeful Barack Obama appeared, and Jay-Z dived into a version 'Public Service Announcement'.

Following it with 'Dirt Off Your Shoulder', he then sampled John Carpenter's 'Assault On Precinct 13' soundtrack for 'Beware Of The Boys', while 'I Just Wanna Love U (Give It To Me)' followed.

"Shit, put some light back," asked Jay-Z after the song. "I can't see how many people are out there, everybody in the field make some noise! Shit this is too crazy, everybody in the field help me out."

He then set about getting the crowds and flags to sway together as he teed-up 'Excuse Me Miss', declaring "that's so beautiful out there".

Later, during 'Girls, Girls, Girls' the first real rap-a-long of the night kicked in, as the audience joined in the chorus, before a freestyled rap especially England followed with Jay-Z rhyming: "Show me your kickers/ I might let you do it if you don't tell the mrs," he then added he was just "taking the piss".

Rihanna's 2007 worldwide smash 'Umbrella' written by the rapper, followed, with the singer's vocal played over the PA as Jay-Z added his rap live.

"So here we are, are you having a good time tonight?" he asked ahead of 'Big Pimpin'', before demanding the crowd "make some noise" before he kicked the track off properly.

"So they say you guys don't want me to be here tonight," Jay-Z told the crowd during a pause between songs. "They say you're not into hip-hop, I've got one question - where's the love?"

A version of 'Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love)' quickly followed, which sampled U2's 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'.

Winding up, the rapper declared it was a "beautiful moment" before asking the crowd "if they wanted one more" and then to loud cheers kicked into the Linkin Park version of 'Encore', although the band themselves were not present.

Despite the intense speculation there were no celebrity guests during the set, although the star's wife Beyonce Knowles was reported to be with him.

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 06:08 PM
hahahaha

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/Noel1.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
06-28-2008, 06:10 PM
So Jigga brought it...nice...

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Massive Attack - Setlist

'All I Want'
'Marooned'
'Rising Son'
'Teardrop'
'Mezzanine'
'16 Seeter'
'Karmacoma'
'Harpsichord'
'Red Light'
'Inertia Creeps'
'Safe From Harm'
'Marakesh'
'Angel'
'Unfinished Sympathy'
'Dobro'

Elbow - Setlist

'Starlings'
'The Bones Of You'
'Leaders Of The Free World'
'Mirror Ball'
'Grounds For Divorce'
'The Fix'
'The Loneliness Of A Tower Crane Driver'
'Newborn'
'Station Approach'
'One Day Like This'

Hot Chip - Setlist

'Shake A Fist'
'And I Was A Boy From School'
'Hold On'
'Wearing My Rolex'
'One Pure Thought'
'Hold On'
'No Fit State'
'Over And Over'
'Ready For The Floor'
'Nothing Compares 2 U'/'The Privacy Of Our Love'

suprefan
06-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I wanna see Amy lose it.

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/amywinehouse/ ^^^

orbit
06-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I wanna see Jay Z performance, looks like it was pretty nice.

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Amy Winehouse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/amywinehouse/

another controversial one from nMEH

http://www.nme.com/news/amy-winehouse/37714

Amy looks like a gyrating grandmother onstage lately. It's a terrible look for her.
What's even sadder is, despite how sick she looks or how slurred she is...that voice...it's great.
As a black man, I'll take the hit and nurse Mrs. Winehouse back to health.

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 06:51 PM
C'mon now. Does every Mark Ronson produced artist have to cover a ska song?
Amy Winehouse is covering "A Message To You" by the Specials and it's pretty bad
I give this set a rating of:

http://www.outdoorpros.com/images/prod/4/GenPro-FS1308YB-rw-14213-4689.jpghttp://www.outdoorpros.com/images/prod/4/GenPro-FS1308YB-rw-14213-4689.jpghttp://www.outdoorpros.com/images/prod/4/GenPro-FS1308YB-rw-14213-4689.jpghttp://www.outdoorpros.com/images/prod/4/GenPro-FS1308YB-rw-14213-4689.jpghttp://www.outdoorpros.com/images/prod/4/GenPro-FS1308YB-rw-14213-4689.jpg

5/5 Platinum Flasks

Glasto fans got their moneys worth.

suprefan
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Ok, that was just whack with Amy, and yeah she got worse and worse after each song, the end was hilarious ...... And not having the Dap Kings as her band makes a big diff.

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/gossip/video2.shtml#emp

There's a set from Gossip.
Oh man, i love Beth Ditto...but the Grimace jokes are going to fly on this board.

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 07:04 PM
What was the Hova setlist? Same as HOTC tour?

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 07:08 PM
What was the Hova setlist? Same as HOTC tour?

This motherfucker opened up his set with a cover of Wonderwall!!!!!!
HOVA
HOVA
HOVA
HOVA
HOVA

Setlist:

Wonderwall

99 problems

Is That Your Chick

Rehab

I Know

A Billie (A Millie Freestyle)

Blue Magic

Minority Report

PSA

Dirt Off Your Shoulders

Jigga What, Jigga Who

Izzo (H.O.V.A)

Can I Get A

Beware Of The Boys

Give It To Me (I Just Wanna Love You)

Show Me What You Got

Excuse Me Miss

Song Cry

Girls, Girls, Girls

American Boy Remix

Umbrella

Big Pimpin

Hard Knock Life

Heart Of The City

Encore

http://colonisedminds.wordpress.com/2008/06/29/jay-z-glastonbury-performance-pictures/

BBC needs to put this shit up RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Wonderwall
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck5srO6S-qI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck5srO6S-qI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oasis fans are NOT STOKED.

suprefan
06-28-2008, 07:13 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/amywinehouse/

starting 25th minute of the stream when she went down then sang & shook hands with crowd in front of the pit

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/AmyGlasto1.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s139/idrive1life/AmyGlasto2.jpg

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2906_winehouse.shtml

VIDEO: WATCH AMY ATTACK is not working for me

Yeah I fast forwarded it, and it was just hilarious....

Little Britain
06-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Yeah I fast forwarded it, and it was just hilarious....

Seeing her run in heels AWAY from the security that's trying to keep her from falling was epic.

sbessiso
06-28-2008, 07:15 PM
thats a pretty enjoyable Hova setlist, I must say

and i've got my shit all confused, what eurofest was it that tenacious d is playing??

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 07:18 PM
Wonderwall
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck5srO6S-qI&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ck5srO6S-qI&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cute

suprefan
06-28-2008, 07:19 PM
thats a pretty enjoyable Hova setlist, I must say

and i've got my shit all confused, what eurofest was it that tenacious d is playing??

Reading and Leeds, at the end of August

sbessiso
06-28-2008, 07:21 PM
ah yes, thank you, i was not in a googling mood. i so wish The D would play something here that I can attend

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 07:22 PM
HOV is the man!

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Wonderwall

What have I been saying about Jay-Z? You don't fuck with him. Where is the Oasis dicktaker in this board? where you at?

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 07:25 PM
I'm sure it was almost half as good as Ye at the Roo Sushov....

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm sure it was almost half as good as Ye at the Roo Sushov....

I need more footage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 07:28 PM
There is plenty of Bonnaroo footage around buddy :)

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 07:31 PM
fuck KANYE! I'm talking H to the Izzo right now.

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time man, did they stream his set like everyone else's?

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I'm just giving you a hard time man, did they stream his set like everyone else's?

you don't like Jay-Z? Not yet, I'm looking for it, but no dice.

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I love Jiggaman, greatest alive!! I'd like to see A Billie performed...

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I love Jiggaman, greatest alive!! I'd like to see A Billie performed...

cool, so we are in the same place. Jay-Z Coachella 09!!!, even though it can't happen now because of Live Nation.

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 08:04 PM
That would be awesome but since I just saw him this year I'd rather see Outkast, I really think they'd be perfect!

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 08:19 PM
That would be awesome but since I just saw him this year I'd rather see Outkast, I really think they'd be perfect!

Outkast would be dope, with a full band set up. They would kill at Coachella.

suprefan
06-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Andrew is not around right now, Im sure he will hear about this. Outkast woudl slay and I coudl really only see them(other than Jay Z) take a headline slot at coachella in regards to hip hop.

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Outkast would be dope, with a full band set up. They would kill at Coachella.

More specifically The Parliament Funkadelic backing them, that would truly be epic!!

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 08:33 PM
More specifically The Parliament Funkadelic backing them, that would truly be epic!!

FUCK YEAH, I get the feeling you a hip-hop head like me.

Backwater
06-28-2008, 08:34 PM
Nas or Wu-Tang could headline Coachella. Did anyone see Jay-Z at the House of Blues? I wanted to go so bad but $150.00 is too much. I would love to see D' evils performed live but I don't know if he ever plays it.

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Andrew is not around right now, Im sure he will hear about this. Outkast woudl slay and I coudl really only see them(other than Jay Z) take a headline slot at coachella in regards to hip hop.

I could also (DON'T KILL ME) see an Allstar hip hop show with Dr.Dre, Snoop, Eminem, and Ice Cube just for the hell of it, I also think Wu-Tang could headline, because come on? they are the Wu.

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Nas or Wu-Tang could headline Coachella. Did anyone see Jay-Z at the House of Blues? I wanted to go so bad but $150.00 is too much. I would love to see D' evils performed live but I don't know if he ever plays it.

Not Nas, I think he could subheadline though.

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Im a hip hop head for sure, don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Wu Tang (saw Rza just last week, badass!) but they're aren't that good live as a whole. I've seen them 4 times. Method Man carries them and there is a current riff between Rza and Ghost/Rae at the moment so I don't think that'll happen. Just gimme Rza, Gza, Meth, Ins, and Mastah and that would be perfect IMO.

betao
06-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Massive Attack - Setlist

'All I Want'
'Marooned'
'Rising Son'
'Teardrop'
'Mezzanine'
'16 Seeter'
'Karmacoma'
'Harpsichord'
'Red Light'
'Inertia Creeps'
'Safe From Harm'
'Marakesh'
'Angel'
'Unfinished Sympathy'
'Dobro'

i'm not the most educated MA fan, so i'll ask: How much of this is new material?

Mr. Dylanja
06-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Also I could see Dre headlining for sure, Snoop said in a recent interview that Detox is done and he's just picking which tracks he wants at this point. He also said its AMAZING! Which makes me think Coachellas 10th year could be a perfect live debut for the album a la Tool and 10000 days...

suprefan
06-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Like 3 songs, most off Mezzanine.

Sushov, Dre could headline, Eff Eminem.

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Like 3 songs, most off Mezzanine.

Sushov, Dre could headline, Eff Eminem.

I just have a feeling if Dr.Dre headlined he would def. bring Eminem, and Snoop.

Backwater
06-28-2008, 09:04 PM
And Eminem would want to bring 50 Cent and he would bring the rest of G-Unit

Sushov23
06-28-2008, 09:05 PM
And Eminem would want to bring 50 Cent and he would bring the rest of G-Unit

nah, they don't even get along that well anymore.

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 09:20 PM
i'm not the most educated MA fan, so i'll ask: How much of this is new material?

'All I Want'
'Marooned'
'Harpsichord'
'Red Light'
'Marakesh'
'Dobro'

are all new songs that might be included in their next album.

'Kingpin' is the only remaining new one (that may also possibly be included in the next album) I know of that they did not perform yesterday.

16 Seeter is actually a cover of a Horace Andy song from 1974 called 'Girl I Love You' and can be found on his album Skylarking.

betao
06-28-2008, 09:22 PM
'All I Want'
'Marooned'
'Harpsichord'
'Red Light'
'Marakesh'
'Dobro'

are all new songs that might be included in their next album.

'Kingpin' is the only remaining new one (that may also possibly be included in the next album) I know of that they did not perform yesterday.

awesome, thanks arman! man I really hope they finish the new album soon. 100th Window is such a brilliant album imo...I'd love to see what they put out next.

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 09:24 PM
I'll try to find then link here some youtubes from their Meltdown or Stereoleto performances. BBC come on!

idrive1life
06-28-2008, 09:26 PM
No worries.

Red Light

kP-TD3mS9H0

pEuzivT7XSo

Dobro

uBLEO-hRo90

Marooned

MY3-kIzGoCI

I better go and get some sleep now for tomorrow's EURO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

betao
06-28-2008, 09:57 PM
thanks for the vids man.

go spain!

Backwater
06-28-2008, 10:13 PM
nah, they don't even get along that well anymore.

Really? Good. That's new to me and I'm glad because I love Eminem and hate 50.

Sexecutioner
06-28-2008, 10:23 PM
It ended with Gallagher' saying: "Jay-Z has got no fucking chance" as the rapper took to the stage and mimed along to Oasis' 'Wonderwall', before declaring "I've just got one thing to say" then launched straight into '99 Problems', which he spliced with AC/DC's 'Back In Black' guitar riff.

oh man, i cant wait to see video of this shit. sounds fuckin sick!

Backwater
06-28-2008, 10:55 PM
I can't wait to see the Jay Z set either but would it have killed him to play just one song from Reasonable Doubt? He's said that it's his favorite of his albums so is it like sacred to him so he doesn't ever want to perform any of it live? This question is basically for Sushov because he might actually know the answer.

sbessiso
06-29-2008, 01:00 AM
the majority of the board is in agreement that outkast NEEDS to headline coachella 09, but i would also really like some jigga on there too, holy shit that would be amazing

Sushov23
06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
I can't wait to see the Jay Z set either but would it have killed him to play just one song from Reasonable Doubt? He's said that it's his favorite of his albums so is it like sacred to him so he doesn't ever want to perform any of it live? This question is basically for Sushov because he might actually know the answer.

He does work in a lot of the material, so that isn't it. Maybe he felt the crowd wasn't going to know the songs from that far back. Most people who don't really listen to hip hop(glasto,coachella crowds) would not know anything from Vol.2 and before. So I'm guessing that is why he would stay away from that material.

Backwater
06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Coachella is anti-hip hop, look at this years lineup. Next year headliners will be Green Day and No Doubt and IDK.

Sushov23
06-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Coachella is anti-hip hop, look at this years lineup. Next year headliners will be Green Day and No Doubt and IDK.

they are, most of the hip-hop this year was very left of field hiphop the only "true" hiphop was Little brother, luckyiam, MURS) Or was there more, I can't remember.

Backwater
06-29-2008, 01:29 AM
No, no more, except the firiggin Cool Kids. We need Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks. Coachella hipsters/ young fags can't relate to hip hop anyway. So if Coachella is going to keep targetting the young/Hipster crowd then they have no business attempting hip hop altogether.

Sushov23
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM
the only knock I have on Coachella is how they don't represent hip hop well. This is a music festival, not a rock festival, and for that you need good representation from all indie music.
I'm talking about more than 4 hiphop artists, because the rest don't count(Spank Rock,Aesop, MIA, Satogold, the streets(before he cancelled), Kid sister, The Cool Kids, Dan Le Sac, bonde do role) all that is hipster hop, not hip hop.

Backwater
06-29-2008, 01:59 AM
the only knock I have on Coachella is how they don't represent hip hop well. This is a music festival, not a rock festival, and for that you need good representation from all indie music.
I'm talking about more than 4 hiphop artists, because the rest don't count(Spank Rock,Aesop, MIA, Satogold, the streets(before he cancelled), Kid sister, The Cool Kids, Dan Le Sac, bonde do role) all that is hipster hop, not hip hop.

There was no mainstream hip hop this year.

Fuck the whitey white organization of artitists this year, Coachella is borderline racist, they might as well call it Klanchella next year!!

Sushov23
06-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Little Brother, MURS, and Luckyiam represented well this year, I just hope we get more of that next year. It's a shame because from 99-06 there was plently of hiphop on the lineup.

idrive1life
06-29-2008, 05:51 AM
Massive Attacks streaming video up now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/massiveattack/

idrive1life
06-29-2008, 05:53 AM
so with Hot Chip's!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/hotchip/

ivankay
06-29-2008, 06:10 AM
Massive Attacks streaming video up now!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/artists/massiveattack/

soooo gooood. Whoever is directed that did an amazing job. Gorgeous.

DRcube
06-29-2008, 09:23 AM
massive attack for coachella 2009!

suprefan
06-29-2008, 09:31 AM
massive attack for coachella 2009!

Been there, done that.............

DRcube
06-29-2008, 09:33 AM
why must you kill my dreams?

Sexecutioner
06-29-2008, 09:35 AM
Jay Z is up now.

suprefan
06-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Yessssssssssssss

Mr. Dylanja
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Link please...

devachan
06-29-2008, 01:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/glastonbury/2008/videos/

They just put up Elbow's set...

Mr. Dylanja
06-29-2008, 02:01 PM
WOW, Jay Z absolutely murdered that performance!

chiapet
06-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Wow. So far Jay Z is the only performance I was able to watch all the way through. :)

paulb
06-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Massive Attack were quite incredible...

Mr. Dylanja
06-29-2008, 02:21 PM
That might be the best rap performance of all time...