PDA

View Full Version : Sex Pistols at the Roxy,,,WOW!!!

Ardentbiscuit
09-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Anarchy in the U.S.
Updated 15:55 PDT Thu, Sep 27 2007
The Sex Pistols have announced they'll play a private club show for fans October 25 at The Roxy in Los Angeles to help mark the 30th anniversary of the release of Never Mind The Bollocks…Here's The Sex Pistols.
The performance comes in advance of four shows at The Brixton Academy in London on November 8, 9, 10 and 12 and one at the Manchester Evening News Arena November 17.
The band's appearance at The Roxy is sponsored by Los Angeles radio station Indie 103.1, the video game "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock" and Helio.
Fans can win tickets to the show by listening to Indie 103.1 or visiting www.indie1031.com.
The Sex Pistols recently entered the studio together for the first time since the late '70s to re-record their classic hit, "Anarchy in the U.K.," for "Guitar Hero III" when game publisher Activision was unable to locate the original multi-tracks for the song.
Pistols frontman John Lydon expressed his feelings about the event in typical style saying, "Re-recording them [the songs]--what a stress you put on us but we rose to the occasion I think…admirably!"
The singer went on to say he approved of the whole concept because "a bit of anarchy in a video game is alright by me."

M Sparks
09-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Hrm.

Izzat the station Steve Jones works at?

M Sparks
09-27-2007, 03:45 PM
There doesn't appear to be any way to enter at the website.

bmack86
09-27-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm gonna try to get into that. It'd be a cool show.

gaypalmsprings
09-27-2007, 04:19 PM
The Sex Pistols with all original members are performing a private live show at the Roxy on Sunset on October 25, 2007. There will be no tickets sold. Listen to Indie to win your way in to the show. Be the 10th caller when you hear a Sex Pistols song starting tomorrow. Presented by Indie, Helio and Guitar Hero III.

canexplain
09-27-2007, 04:31 PM
The Sex Pistols with all original members are performing a private live show at the Roxy on Sunset on October 25, 2007. There will be no tickets sold. Listen to Indie to win your way in to the show. Be the 10th caller when you hear a Sex Pistols song starting tomorrow. Presented by Indie, Helio and Guitar Hero III.

maybe they will come to vegoose the day after .. that would be sick .. canx**

rage patton
09-27-2007, 07:03 PM
maybe they will come to vegoose the day after .. that would be sick .. canx**

Oh my god Ron. You are brilliant

Imagine the Sex Pistols on the main stage before Rage on Sunday!!!

Courtney
09-27-2007, 07:11 PM
Izzat the station Steve Jones works at?

Yeah. He djs a show for them.

KenMixtape
09-27-2007, 07:20 PM
I think the Steve Jones car dealership ads are what made me stop listening to that station altogether. I'm not sure it's worth risking hearing them again to compete with thousands of others trying to call in for tickets.

Courtney
09-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh those ads are heinous. But apparently effective in their brainwashing in that I remember they were for Toyota of Huntington Beach. And also that legalzoom website thing. Ugh. In the end I gave up and it was either kcrw or my ipod.

shakermaker113
09-27-2007, 10:11 PM
lol I've not heard those. I left LA when indie was just starting up. I'm sure it's changed a lot since. it was a breath of fresh air at the time though. a commercial alternative to kroq! still the only commercial radio station I've ever liked in this country.

Ardentbiscuit
09-28-2007, 07:57 AM
I got an email from Indie today clarifying that winning online. It says listen online and win...

Whenever you hear a Sex Pistols song just be caller 10 and you win..

J~$$$
09-28-2007, 08:04 AM
This show sounds painful.

TomAz
09-28-2007, 08:33 AM
yeah, it could be a disaster, and the potential upside is pretty limited, but if I were in LA i'd probably try to get tix anyway.

C DUB YA
09-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I'd try if I where there.

J~$$$
09-28-2007, 09:49 AM
yeah, it could be a disaster, and the potential upside is pretty limited, but if I were in LA i'd probably try to get tix anyway.

It sounds like they will perform two songs at most. then it will be a bunch of garbage in between promoting "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Cock" and how you can get on myspace using your totally awesome Helio. Punk is long gone.

clarky123
09-28-2007, 10:41 AM
Got tix for Brixton show 14th Nov, Ill let you know if punks dead. I suspect they will play more than 2 songs there.

algunz
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
PIL was one of the worst shows I've ever attended. I can't imagine Johnny's got much more to offer now almost 20 years later.

That "with all original members" just bothers me.

clarky123
09-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Yeah, I went PIL once and wasnt that good. Totally different band.
Go see Jah Wobble though if you ever get a chance.

M Sparks
09-28-2007, 10:53 AM
That "with all original members" just bothers me.

It's true.

shakermaker113
09-28-2007, 11:37 AM
It sounds like they will perform two songs at most. then it will be a bunch of garbage in between promoting "Guitar Hero III: Legends of Cock" and how you can get on myspace using your totally awesome Helio. Punk is long gone.

sigh. they should never have gotten back together. it gets worse each time. they went out with such a bang the first time around. now this...

algunz
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
It's true.

?? Please elaborate.

shakermaker113
09-28-2007, 01:41 PM
?? Please elaborate.

uh... these are the original members. there's really not much to elaborate one.

algunz
09-28-2007, 01:45 PM
It's always good to do the research first, sorry. I get it now.

shakermaker113
09-28-2007, 01:52 PM
also, to follow up on that, words from John Lydon's mouth at a press conference when they first got back together in '96:

What would Sid think of all this?

He'd love it, if he could think at all.Sid was nothing more than a coat hanger to fill in an empty space onstage. These are the people that wrote the songs and now we'd like to be paid for it.

the rest of the interview is here (http://www.johnlydon.com/press96.html). fascinating stuff, check it out. except the guy who typed it up repeatedly wrote 'except' instead of 'expect'.

M Sparks
09-29-2007, 11:52 AM
You know, until recently I was under the impression that Sid wasn't musical at all. But I read recently he was the drummer for Siouxsie & The Banshees before he was in the Sex Pistols. He just didn't know how to play bass.

shakermaker113
10-01-2007, 07:06 PM
yeah fair point -- John's comment was purely about Sid's role in the Sex Pistols.

clarky123
11-09-2007, 07:20 AM
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hKHWFICR3pg2ZuH5bZEpzL_R5j_w

canexplain
11-09-2007, 07:32 AM
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5hKHWFICR3pg2ZuH5bZEpzL_R5j_w

tnx for the review :) canx**

IdiotequeThom
11-09-2007, 09:19 PM
did anyone on this board go?

John Peel is My Co-pilot
11-10-2007, 09:38 PM
You know, until recently I was under the impression that Sid wasn't musical at all. But I read recently he was the drummer for Siouxsie & The Banshees before he was in the Sex Pistols. He just didn't know how to play bass.

He was the drummer for ONE gig. I'm not sure if that qualifies him as much of a musician. Sid, bless 'im, was not in the Pistols for his virtuosity.

M Sparks
11-11-2007, 08:17 AM
He was the drummer for ONE gig. I'm not sure if that qualifies him as much of a musician. Sid, bless 'im, was not in the Pistols for his virtuosity.

Ahhh, thanks. That makes much more sense.

clarky123
11-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Sex Pistols tommorrow Brixton Academy London. Will post a short review here. Thanks to Sonofhal for tix info, otherwise we might have missed it.

rage patton
11-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Sex Pistols tommorrow Brixton Academy London. Will post a short review here. Thanks to Sonofhal for tix info, otherwise we might have missed it.

Awesome man! Have fun... I would love to hear about the show after.

clarky123
11-15-2007, 01:35 AM
Sex Pistols, Brixton Academy, 14th Nov. Band a bit late giving the impression they werent going to appear at all. Opened with Pretty Vacant and played more or less everthing off Never Mind The Bollocks and set\performance lasted just over an hour. Lots of 40/50 year olds with bad knees and brittle backs mostly watching, but still enjoying pushing people and pogoing.
Venturing down front during "Bodies" (if you have this track and after the silent gap at about 1.53s then restarting, the experience of thousands of people lunging forward at the same time gave you the feeling that it was possible to get badly hurt by someones grandfather\grandmother falling on top of you. Lydon exits before the encore by saying "Fuck This" and throwing his mike over his back (wild huh!). Encored with Anarchy in the UK.
I did however get the sense that the band (esp Lydon) felt a little bit like a "Show Pony" in parts. Excellent gig and for marks out of 10 would award this one an 8. Coachella? who knows.

rage patton
11-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I would LOVE for the Sex Pistols to be at Coachella. Seriously.

canexplain
11-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I would LOVE for the Sex Pistols to be at Coachella. Seriously.

hey Josh, didnt want to pm you so, hijack, we are srsly considering moving up to dupont next spring ... ill let you know if we do ... we can live in a house for free till the day we die, so that's positive lol ... ron**

rage patton
11-15-2007, 03:02 PM
hey Josh, didnt want to pm you so, hijack, we are srsly considering moving up to dupont next spring ... ill let you know if we do ... we can live in a house for free till the day we die, so that's positive lol ... ron**

Dupont sounds familiar... where is that? Is that on Vancouver island, or in Washington state?