PDA

View Full Version : Margot & the Nuclear So and So's sign to Epic Records

ewiggy
09-27-2007, 11:32 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit. this is exciting. i'm pretty sure the band is still keeping mum about it, but i just came across this article (http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=44290) which confirms it.

also, from Richard on the MNSS message board:

we are meeting with someone tomorrow, whom we are thinking of recording some songs with. lots of new ones have been written. did a new one called, "i am your mother" on the radio in st. louis. i have been drunk for 39 days straight. there are some new songs on youtube. we're are doing an east coast tour in december. it is booked. i saw knocked up tonight. i think it's great. a few songs that will come out on an ep are being mixed in la next week.

christ be with you,
charlie

here they are in a youtube, talking about their new record over clips of them playing a new song at red rocks and acting very high:

xJ36EGbMB5E

J~$$$
09-27-2007, 11:54 AM
I knew it. They were stoned. They seemed kinda bored but happy, but they were just high. Good for them to finally get the credit they deserve.

invisiblerobots
09-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Will they finally lose the superfluous apostrophe in their name?

ewiggy
09-27-2007, 12:20 PM
So's > Sos

arbouler
09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
awww IDS, my old school's newspaper is so hip now!

invisiblerobots
09-27-2007, 12:24 PM
So is it a possessive noun or a contraction of some sort?

ewiggy
lickey i hope you will shoot this band for pitchfork when they come here.

ewiggy
So is it a possessive noun or a contraction of some sort?

i guess. i think it's sort of just poetic license - it looks better.

invisiblerobots
09-27-2007, 12:28 PM
I disagree. I think it looks worse and it perpetuates the foolish abuse of the apostrophe key. But that's just me.

arbouler
09-27-2007, 12:33 PM
lickey i hope you will shoot this band for pitchfork when they come here.

maybe. their record wasnt even reviewed by p4k. i'll probably send the record to my buddy there and see what he thinks.

i sure hope they play la soon. werent you the one who introduced me to them and i didnt really dig it at first? i did after a few listens. so awesome/

ewiggy
09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
maybe. their record wasnt even reviewed by p4k. i'll probably send the record to my buddy there and see what he thinks.

i know. it seems as though pitchfork intentionally ignores them. their first record from 2005 was pretty well received by a ton of other media outlets, but pitchfork didn't mention it once.

i sure hope they play la soon. werent you the one who introduced me to them and i didnt really dig it at first? i did after a few listens. so awesome/

yeah, i think so. i'm glad you like it. the live show is awesome, too. so much energy.

Yablonowitz
09-27-2007, 01:36 PM
I disagree. I think it looks worse and it perpetuates the foolish abuse of the apostrophe key. But that's just me.

The apostrophe is just the tip of the iceberg of problems when it comes to that band's name.

What would wiggy do if Awkerville River and Margot and the Nuclear blah de blah da's were playing at the exact same time at coachella?

She is the president of both fan clubs, I do believe.

ewiggy
09-27-2007, 01:42 PM
The apostrophe is just the tip of the iceberg of problems when it comes to that band's name.

it is a terrible name.

What would wiggy do if Awkerville River and Margot and the Nuclear blah de blah da's were playing at the exact same time at coachella?

goddamnit, greg. okkervil. i've seen both of them 4x each, and i like OR on a deeper level. but that would really, really suck.

idrive1life
09-27-2007, 02:41 PM
When I saw Margot for the first time (I checked the date in the photos I took then, March 24, 2006 ... saw them again next day or few days later? in Orlando), there were only like 5 or 6 of us in the crowd (I was the first one who arrived in that venue and the band was drinking so I thought it's going to be cancelled) because of bad weather but they still gave us a memorable & fantastic show (even though Emily was really drunk that night). I love Richard's awesome voice. They are all nice and cool guys.

Yeah, I'm happy and excited for them. I'll be posting some pics and vids via you tube here later.

RotationSlimWang
09-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Greg, I refuse to believe that you wouldn't like Cheap Motel Room by Margot.

ewiggy
09-27-2007, 02:47 PM
March 24, 2006 ... there were only like 5 or 6 of us in the crowd

are you talking about the Orlando show? i was at that show and the place was packed.

the Tampa show had like 10 people. that was sad.

TomAz
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM

Your argument would make sense if the word "so", by itself, were a noun. but it's not; the noun is the phrase, "so & so". therefore, use of apostrophe to indicate plural is acceptable.

I agree. I mean, Margot is a guy, folks.

idrive1life
09-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I think my former old camera was set few hours ahead (Euro time) so by the time they performed, it was set forward as March 24, 2006 or did I just look at their The Social photos? (Let me check and post here) It looks like it was March 23, 2006 (my first time seeing them) then it was next day (March 24, 2006) when I saw them in Orlando (The Social, right?). Yeah, it was sold-out or packed in the Social.

ewiggy
09-27-2007, 02:54 PM
yeah the 24th was the Social. 26th was Tampa and the entire audience was me and the two friends i brought. and the bands.

idrive1life
09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Wow, so you actually broke the record in Tampa. You are luckier to get that not so private but almost exclusive Margot show. lol

Yablonowitz
09-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Greg, I refuse to believe that you wouldn't like Cheap Motel Room by Margot.

Um, I love Margot and the stupid names. SRSLY. I have Dust of Retreat and listen to it a lot. Like whoa a lot.

bballarl
09-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I refuse to listen to this band because of their name. This is probably stupid but I just can't stand for it.

RotationSlimWang
09-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Um, I love Margot and the stupid names. SRSLY. I have Dust of Retreat and listen to it a lot. Like whoa a lot.

Oh. I fail at recognizing insider sarcasm this time. Well fuck me.

TomAz
09-27-2007, 03:32 PM
at least no one has responded

"EPIC"

yet.