PDA

View Full Version : Oasis - Lord Don't Slow Me Down DVD

bballarl
09-25-2007, 12:53 PM
http://anad.tacoda.net/tacodagifs/agenda21/Oasis_Dvd_Cover.jpg

Out on October 29th (hopefully in both US and Britain).

"On 29th October Oasis release a brand new DVD film.

What happens when a film maker follows one of the world’s biggest bands on a year long world tour? What happens when the film maker is granted unique access to that band, is present for the ups and downs, the moments of greatness and the periods of the same interview in 10 different languages in as many days? What happens when that band is Oasis, travelling across 26 countries on their biggest world tour to date playing to a total of over 2 million people?

The answer is ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’, a double DVD set that not only gives you the definitive feature length documentary seen in selected cinemas last year, but also the option of voice over commentaries from the band, a Noel Gallagher Q & A session with fans from New York City, out takes from the film, and a second 90 minute bonus disc capturing the band’s homecoming show at the City of Manchester Stadium together with footage sent in by fans from around the world who attended that show. If you wanted to know what the members of Oasis make of their lives on tour and their audience, then the answers are on these two discs.

Directed by Baillie Walsh who has previously worked with Massive Attack (he made ‘Safe From Harm’), Spiritualised, New Order and Kylie’s Slow, and is now working on a film with Daniel Craig, this DVD set is a compendium of Oasis entertainment par excellence.

‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ contents:

Disc One:
• Feature length documentary tour film ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ in stereo and surround sound.
• Bonus audio commentary – Noel, Liam, Andy and Gem guide you through the film with their recollections of the tour.
• A Noel Gallagher Q&A session with fans runs alongside out-takes from the film.

Bonus Disc:
• Oasis live at City of Manchester Stadium on 2nd July 2005 – sixteen classic tracks shot in HD with stereo and surround sound.
• Disc 2 also features unique footage and pictures sent in by fans who attended the concert."

Kaching.

psychic friend
is that the film they showed at the acoustic show with Noel and Jem?

bmack86
It was cool, yeah?

bmack86
09-25-2007, 12:54 PM
and, yes that was Dani

bballarl
09-25-2007, 12:55 PM

Yep.

And yes, it was very good. Plus there is the extra stuff with it. I would buy it anyway but all the extras are a nice bonus.

miscorrections
09-25-2007, 01:00 PM
sony bmg did a promotion of that at one of our local theatres and the movie was pretty neat, i have to say.

JustSteve
09-25-2007, 01:09 PM
they did that up in l.a. earlier in the year, as well. cool to see it on a theater screen with the full sound system.

bballarl
09-25-2007, 02:06 PM
A Primal Scream live DVD and this movie are going to make my life that much better in October.

dubvulture
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
did you have to be in the fan club or something to get tix for the noel and gem show at the wadsworth? i remember tix were hard to come by.

bballarl
09-25-2007, 02:30 PM
You had to get lucky.

bmack86
09-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Indeed, that's the truth.

shakermaker113
09-25-2007, 11:12 PM

isn't it Gem?

this looks cool, I am impressed by a 16 track bonus feature! that's almost worth it in itself. although I doubt it will stand up to There & Then. that was awesome.

JustSteve
09-25-2007, 11:57 PM
http://typolis.net/static/ponyundkleid/images/jem%20-%20truly%20outrageous.jpg

shakermaker113
09-26-2007, 01:07 PM
did anyone else get the email about the digital tracks being released in conjunction with this?

Oasis will release their first ever digital only single on 21st October, when 'Lord Don't Slow Me Down' becomes available to download. The track, and accompanying video is taken from the eagerly anticipated DVD of the same name, which follows the band on their colossal world tour of 2005/6.

In order to pre order the track or exclusive digital bundle (and receive instantly The Meaning Of Soul Live) available only on Oasisinet.com. Click the links below.

Pre Order The Bundle OR Pre Order Track
To Pre Order by Text, Text LDSMD to 78789

The digital bundle includes: Lord Don't Slow Me Down, The Meaning Of Soul (Live @ City of Manchester Stadium) & Don't Look Back In Anger (Live @ City of Manchester Stadium).

I don't usually care about digital releases, but is the track Lord Don't Slow Me Down available anywhere else, or is it new? I believe The Meaning Of Soul was a b-side somewhere along the line...

Alchemy
09-26-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm definitely (not just maybe) buying this.