PDA

View Full Version : how are you doing in your fantasy league??

caco0283
09-19-2007, 11:45 AM
im kicking ass right now....and im going to make a girl cry after this week

Sexecutioner
09-19-2007, 04:14 PM
im 1-1, but still in 2nd place, since only one person is 2-0, and i have the most points out of all the 1-1 teams. im planning on killing it this weekend.

luckyface
09-19-2007, 04:32 PM
1-1 but it's not looking good. I am in a keeper league so I am trying to rebound from a terrible year in which all of my top RB's were injured. My RB core is still pretty weak, but the rest of my team is strong. Hopefully they can pick it up, as my scoring total is lowest in the league right now.

Mr. Dylanja
09-19-2007, 04:55 PM
For the record, is it McLovin or McGlovin? McLovin right?

chrislasf
09-19-2007, 06:05 PM
i am doing better than you, Ronnie.

tessalasset
09-19-2007, 06:07 PM
chris how did your title come about?

full on idle
09-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm a long time listener, two-time loser.

I bear the curse of a high pre-season ranking from Gabe.

chrislasf
09-19-2007, 06:11 PM
chris how did your title come about?

I bet you can get it if you think about it.

full on idle
09-19-2007, 06:14 PM
It took me a min then I was roffling all about town.

mountmccabe
09-19-2007, 06:20 PM
1-1 but it's not looking good. I am in a keeper league so I am trying to rebound from a terrible year in which all of my top RB's were injured. My RB core is still pretty weak, but the rest of my team is strong. Hopefully they can pick it up, as my scoring total is lowest in the league right now.

How does your league do keepers? In our league you give up a draft pick from R-1 where R is the round that player was drafted in last year. Except that it accelerates when you want to keep someone multiple years. And you have to deal with non-drafted players. And such.

Also I am 0-4. 12th of 12 and 13th of 14. Woohoo!

schoolofruckus
09-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I'm easily the best team in my league.

I'm just not showing my cards yet.

bballarl
09-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Weren't we going to do a league?

schoolofruckus
09-19-2007, 07:11 PM
We were going to. Basically, Jennie got drunk and forgot to start it. I was going to remind her, but well....I was smoking a joint, so I couldn't really say shit to the girl!

chrislasf
09-19-2007, 08:17 PM
WELL ***** SOMETIMES YOU GOT TO RACE.

bballarl
09-19-2007, 08:49 PM
You guys are whack. Fuck all of y'all.

luckyface
09-19-2007, 09:54 PM
How does your league do keepers? In our league you give up a draft pick from R-1 where R is the round that player was drafted in last year. Except that it accelerates when you want to keep someone multiple years. And you have to deal with non-drafted players. And such.

Also I am 0-4. 12th of 12 and 13th of 14. Woohoo!

That is pretty much how we do it, where the draft position of the player from the previous year causes you to lose the draft pick in that round for the current year. Any undrafted players will count as a 14th round draft pick. We are only allowed to keep 3 players max. This is only the 2nd year so I am still trying to get the hang of all of the rules, but that is the main format.

mountmccabe
09-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Also, cool. I am just interested in how other groups do their keepers. Thanks. And we actually just increased to a practically unlimited number of keepers.

What we really need to do, though, is cut our bench size. Replacement level is awful.

EDIT: WTF. I didn't mean R+1. That'd be ridiculous.

luckyface
09-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Yeah, it is always good to hear other people's leagues to get ideas on how to tweak.

How do you do your drafting? In order to discourage tanking or not paying attention, the commish created this shit ass system where the non-playoff teams would have their own playoffs, and the winner would get first place. So if you had a crappy team like mine that was decimated by injuries, you were screwed with your draft order. I had the 8th pick this year even though I ended up in 10th out of 12th last year and the best RB available was either Cadillac Williams or Clinton Portis, who was on my team last year and I vowed he would never step foot on my fantasy roster again. So stupid.

Sexecutioner
09-19-2007, 10:36 PM
im not a fan of keeper leagues. i like the idea of starting fresh every year. even if i have a good team, its fun to have a fresh start and draft a whole new team. im the commish of a 10 team, non keeper league, and we have a random drawing every year to determine draft order. this year we upped the ante from 20 to 50 bucks, so 500 in the pot: 300 for 1st, 150 for 2nd, and 50 back for 3rd. i drafted 9th, and here is my team (starters in bold):

QB: Kitna, Anderson
RB: Parker, Bush, Green, Norwood
WR: TO, Ward, Coles, Curtis, Curry
TE: Winslow
K: Hanson
D: Chicago

Mark my words, Fast Willie Parker is gonna kill it this year!

mountmccabe
09-19-2007, 10:42 PM
Our draft order this year was set by a draft draft and the order for that was set by lotteries within defined groups. Within these groups there is no weighting; if you finish dead last you get as much chance at the first pick in the draft draft as the person that just missed the playoffs.

It's a 14 team league so 6 teams didn't make the playoffs; they're in for slots 1-6. The next group is the four that lost first round of the playoffs, then the two that lost in the second round and then the final two. I won last year (I had LT [via 1st pick] and Stephen Jackson [kept in the 4th]) and ended up with last pick in the draft draft and then got 10th pick for the player draft.

And of course the most awesomeness is that because we are scattered about the country we use Google Spreadsheets for our draft board. So much better than Yahoo! Chat.

luckyface
09-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Our draft order this year was set by a draft draft and the order for that was set by lotteries within defined groups. Within these groups there is no weighting; if you finish dead last you get as much chance at the first pick in the draft draft as the person that just missed the playoffs.

It's a 14 team league so 6 teams didn't make the playoffs; they're in for slots 1-6. The next group is the four that lost first round of the playoffs, then the two that lost in the second round and then the final two. I won last year (I had LT [via 1st pick] and Stephen Jackson [kept in the 4th]) and ended up with last pick in the draft draft and then got 10th pick for the player draft.

And of course the most awesomeness is that because we are scattered about the country we use Google Spreadsheets for our draft board. So much better than Yahoo! Chat.

I like the draft method you guys employ. I will suggest that for next year. And Google spreadsheets, ehh? Another solid idea.

tessalasset
09-19-2007, 11:32 PM
oh duh. i forgot i asked this and then boardsofcoachella (sup mario!) pmmed me about asshat. i never would have gotten that tho. i wasn't on that page whatsoever. next time dani and i get drunk, however, i'm gonna change your title to "there's a sale at the shoe store!"

chrislasf
09-20-2007, 09:40 AM
why you gotta be like that

J~$$$
09-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I just got off the phone with Peggy Shanahan. Im meeting her and mike to go over material for their home. I was giddy.

Sexecutioner
09-20-2007, 11:18 AM
I just got off the phone with Peggy Shanahan. Im meeting her and mike to go over material for their home. I was giddy.

tell that douche to suck a big fat one.

J~$$$
09-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah ill do that.

Mr. Dylanja
09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Mark my words, Fast Willie Parker is gonna kill it this year!

He killed it last year, the guy just doesn't get a whole lotta TD's tho.

caco0283
09-20-2007, 12:49 PM
i am doing better than you, Ronnie.

chris you are in 1st and im in second...come yourself sparky.....let me kick jennies ass this week and ill worry about you at a later time and day

chrislasf
09-20-2007, 02:10 PM
you come yourself.

nothingman00
09-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Chris-glad to see you got your moniker back, even if it is a roundabout way of saying it... Andrew, I miss yours too...

Oh, and my PPR fantasy team is 0-2 thanks to subpar play from Steven Jackson and Vernon Davis. My WR corps is sick: Harrison, Roy Williams, Colston, Braylon, but I need those two to come through. That's my main league. I'm doing pretty well in my other 12 leagues (I only wish I was kidding---I started taking part of antsports early drafts in July and ended up with 13 teams).

Jenniehoo
09-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Goddamnit, Ronnie. It's like every time I turn around you've found a new venue in which to embarrass yourself talking trash like this. What's next, are you going to send me a fucking singing telegram about how you think you're going to win this week?

You've been lucky, g. But it's about to run out. And don't forget, the more resources you use to talk shit, the more people you'll be kissing my ass in front of next week.

caco0283
09-21-2007, 10:43 AM
ive had my lips on dirty things before....but i do have standards

but i dont have to worry about that.....cos im going to kick your ass and my ass is the one that will be kissed next week....have you kissed a brown butt before Jennie??? HAVE YOU!!!! Well get ready cos gore, brees, j lewis, and friends are going to all get double digits

Jenniehoo
09-21-2007, 10:45 AM
If your main goal is for your QB to get double digits, then I might be in better shape than I realized.

dorkfish
09-21-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm 4-0 in games where I drafted my own team.

I'm 0-2 in games where the Yahoo gods chose for me.

Jenniehoo
09-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Brad, Ronnie will trade you Brees for Manning.

caco0283
09-21-2007, 11:06 AM
Ah man I cant wait till Monday, so I can laugh at you...and laugh at you....and then laugh at you some more.