PDA

View Full Version : NEW CD RELEASE TUESDAY 9/18 (getting anything?)

C DUB YA
09-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Some good stuff, maybe, anything tickle your fancies? I might get the Hard Fi and SMD records.

9/18
Simian Mobile Disco - Attack Sustain Release
Hard Fi - Once Upon a Time In the West
The Donnas - Bitchin
Broken Social Scene - Kevin Drew Spirit If...(w/bonus)
Akron Family - Love is Simple
Underworld - Crocodile (import single)
Les Savy Fav - Let's Stay Friends
Ministry - The Last Sucker
John Coltrane - Absolutely Out There
Ben Lee - Ripe
Rogue Wave - Asleep at Heaven's Gate
Depeche Mode - Exciter (2XCD remastered series)
The Polyphonic Spree - Live in Austin

luckyface
09-18-2007, 08:06 AM
I will pick up BSS and the new Married with Children DVD.

bmack86
09-18-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm getting season 2 of the Upright Citizen's Brigade.

C DUB YA
09-18-2007, 08:15 AM
Oh yeah DEATHPROOF comes out too.

extended and everything - sweetness!

C DUB YA
09-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Just got back from the record store and BB - got a nifty, steel case version of Death Proof. Also picked up the Broken Social Scene lp and Hard Fi disc, and Underworld import single of Crocodile - nobody had the SMD, so Amazon, here I come.

luckyface
09-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Just got back from the record store and BB - got a nifty, steel case version of Death Proof. Also picked up the Broken Social Scene lp and Hard Fi disc, and Underworld import single of Crocodile - nobody had the SMD, so Amazon, here I come.

Does the BSS LP come with a code to download the entire album?

Tylerdurden31
09-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I will pick up BSS and the new Married with Children DVD.

don't call it BSS...it's like BSS Lite

bug on your lip
09-18-2007, 10:06 AM
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51kNK7hLWML._SS500_.jpg

i am soooooo rev'd 4 dis 1

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-18-2007, 10:21 AM
hasn't SMD been on sale for awhile already? I saw it on sale at Virgin for $10 last week.

suprefan
09-18-2007, 11:15 AM
Could be a diff version?

rage patton
09-18-2007, 12:20 PM
I wonder how many special edition version of Death Proof will come out.

Also, are they going to realse Grindhouse as one movie, like in theatres? Or is Terror Planet coming out seperately soon too?

tessalasset
09-18-2007, 12:23 PM
don't call it BSS...it's like BSS Litesir you obviously haven't heard "frightening lives." that's one of the best BSS songs ive ever heard. right up there with pacific theme and shampoo suicide.

PassiveTheory
09-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Um, I might pick up Rogue Wave, but that's about it.

I have a love/hate relationship with Broken Social Scene...

nothingman00
09-18-2007, 12:47 PM
don't call it BSS...it's like BSS Lite

Thank you, Tyler Durden. It's Kevin Drew, NOT the entire BSS. If we're going this route, let's call the Jason Collett album, every Feist album, Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton's "Knives have your back" all BSS albums.

That said, I'm ordering the Kevin Drew album, Rogue Wave, the soundtrack to "Into the Wild" by Ed Vedder, and maybe Akron Family. I'll wait and see the metacritic score on the latter before purchasing.

tessalasset
09-18-2007, 12:52 PM
Thank you, Tyler Durden. It's Kevin Drew, NOT the entire BSS. If we're going this route, let's call the Jason Collett album, every Feist album, Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton's "Knives have your back" all BSS albums.

That said, I'm ordering the Kevin Drew album, Rogue Wave, the soundtrack to "Into the Wild" by Ed Vedder, and maybe Akron Family. I'll wait and see the metacritic score on the latter before purchasing.

True, it is not a Broken Social Scene album, but the tour is called "Broken Social Scene plays Kevin Drew's Spirit If..." iTunes brings it up as "Broken Social Scene Presents Kevin Drew." Jason Collett, Feist, and Emily Haines are all on the album, along with the rest of BSS. In my book, that is Broken Social Scene.

Tylerdurden31
09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
sir you obviously haven't heard "frightening lives." that's one of the best BSS songs ive ever heard. right up there with pacific theme and shampoo suicide.

well...being that we obviously have a large difference in taste regarding our favorite BSS songs, I will strongly disagree. "It's All Gonna Break", "Almost Crimes" and "Ibi Dreams of Pavement" are mine...so "frightening lives" doesn't really belong in there.

Tylerdurden31
09-18-2007, 12:55 PM
oh yeah...this site is great for new releases

every week new albums streamed

http://spinner.aol.com/artists/new-releases-full-cds

nothingman00
09-18-2007, 01:01 PM
well...being that we obviously have a large difference in taste regarding our favorite BSS songs, I will strongly disagree. "It's All Gonna Break", "Almost Crimes" and "Ibi Dreams of Pavement" are mine...so "frightening lives" doesn't really belong in there.

It's All Gonna Break, Windsurfing Nation, Ibi Dreams of Pavement, Anthems for a Seventeen Year Old Girl, Stars and Sons are mine, so again, I consider this a Kevin Drew album... Not saying I'm not looking forward to it, but how many co-stars did Collett have on "Idols of exile"? By my count, Feist, Haines, drew, Canning, Amy Millan and Evan Cranley from Stars (and Millan filling in on the last BSS tour)... I mean, this is a Kevin drew album with BSS appearances. I'm looking forward to hearing the entire thing, but I won't consider this a BSS proper album.

Good Days Last
09-18-2007, 01:02 PM
Family Guy season 5 anyone?

Trick Loves The Kids
09-18-2007, 04:02 PM
you forgot chamillionaire

gaypalmsprings
09-18-2007, 04:05 PM
barry manilow and james blunt

mountmccabe
09-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I am going to have to get that Les Savy Fav sooner or later.

menikmati
09-18-2007, 06:05 PM
it was released last week, but I ordered the About A Son soundtrack.

Deviate_420
09-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm getting season 2 of the Upright Citizen's Brigade.

I WAS SO GOING TO POST THIS!!

bmack86
09-18-2007, 06:24 PM
I got the LCD Soundsystem A Bunch of Stuff EP, UCB season two and Death Proof.

orbit
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Anyone knows when Kraftwerk's The Catalogue will be released? I read somewhere that it will be around september but no official dates yet.

C DUB YA
09-19-2007, 05:57 AM
Does the BSS LP come with a code to download the entire album?

Nope.

C DUB YA
09-19-2007, 05:59 AM
I wonder how many special edition version of Death Proof will come out.

Also, are they going to realse Grindhouse as one movie, like in theatres? Or is Terror Planet coming out seperately soon too?

Planet comes out in a few weeks. They are going to release them as 2 seperate movies, and release them as the extended versions.

Weinstein is obviously trying to recoup some of the box office dollas he lost. But it is nice to get the extended versions of both films.