PDA

View Full Version : Silversun Pickups at the Wiltern!

ShyGuy75
09-17-2007, 03:37 PM
on 10/20/07. Tickets on sale this Thursday.

Horray!

*wipes tear from face*

suprefan
09-17-2007, 06:12 PM
Yawn, them playing the Wiltern ok? Thats a stretch, but whatever.

ShyGuy75
09-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey, look! Its the resident hater!

*shakes head in pity at suprefan*

ShyGuy75
09-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Does anyone have the presale password for this?

JustSteve
09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
do "lurkers" deserve passwords?

edit: haha, just after i typed this an email from livenation popped into my inbox with the password and presale info.

ShyGuy75
09-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Stop hating JustSteve. Its not good for your complextion. Now quit with the trolling and please provide the password if you have it. Either that, or you can continue to pose in the corner like the bad mo'fo that you are since you feel superior to me because your current screen name join date is before mine. The choice is yours. Choose wisely. Karma will have the final say in all of this!

JustSteve
09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
no, it's just that it's not right to post passwords on message boards. they are meant for people who do the work to get them. if you want to get passwords then sign up for the email lists and do it your fuckin' self just like i did. douche.

ShyGuy75
09-19-2007, 10:50 AM
Just lol at you. Is this not a good natured community of Coachella music enthusiasts message board? I help my fellow Coachella fans. You... not so much.

I am signed up for the emails on both sites to have them send me the password. I just haven't gotten it yet, so I was posting here just in case there was a glitch. But when I do, I will share it with the community here. Its a password you dolt. Not that big of a deal.

And you are full of it. You don't have the password. They haven't released it yet. I just got off the phone with the company who is sponsering the show.

JustSteve
09-19-2007, 11:05 AM
okay, here's the email i got from livenation.

"Silversun Pickups at The Wiltern on Saturday, October 20

Silversun Pickups
with Midnight Movies and The Happy Hollows

Saturday, October 20
The Wiltern

Presale starts: Thursday, Sept 20 at 10am
Presale ends: Thursday, Sept 20 at 10pm

Use Password: fuckoff!

Buy Tickets"

oops, looks like the real password didn't copy correctly.

shotglass75
09-19-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey ShyGuy I remember you from Lolla's boards. Good times over there. Didi you ever find your shygirl at the show? I'm actually in LA that weekend and am getting tickets for the SSPU show. I can't wait. Don't let JustStev get to you. He's just upset that the new Foo Fighters album is a piece of crap. I just sent you a PM with the password.

ShyGuy75
09-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Hey Shotglass. Hope life is treating you well. No worries about the giant douche on this thread. He is angry with life and takes it out on internet message boards.

The presale password for this show is:

drumrole...........................

drums

JustSteve
09-19-2007, 12:45 PM
actually, i am quite happy, have a 19 month old daughter and beautiful girlfriend, live in a beautiful house in newport beach and am a stay at home dad. so life is great!

i believe it was psychic friend, ms. board runner extroidinaire, who is not into people posting presale passwords on the messageboard, so i respect her wishes and refrain from doing so.

ShyGuy75
09-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Good for you Steve! I am happy for you.

Stupid me. By looking at your first post, I would have though you didn't give it up because I was a "lurker", not because of anything a mod said (which, by the way, makes zero sense).

ShyGuy75
09-19-2007, 03:42 PM
IF you are looking for a KROQ password, it is:

TWINKLES

woogie846
09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
The KROQ password is pretty much useless since it's a well-known fact that KROQ releases about 7 tickets in their presales.

PrettyRagdoll
09-19-2007, 09:46 PM
They... really suck live

ShyGuy75
09-20-2007, 08:18 AM
Opposite day was last Wednesday Rag. Give up the schtick, put another quarter in, and spin again.

ShyGuy75
09-20-2007, 11:34 AM
"it's a well-known fact that KROQ releases about 7 tickets in their presales."

I just bought 8. Must have them all!

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 01:29 PM
The day is almost upon us my fine Coachella friends. Are you ready is the question you should all be asking yourselves.

DeltaSigChi4
10-15-2007, 02:38 PM
They... really suck live

You're an idiot, and I hope you die.

E

DeltaSigChi4
10-15-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey Shyguy~! Long time. How was Lolla?

E

mvanwinkle
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
is sspu even a band that one needs to worry about selling out in one day where you actually need a pre-sale.

PotVsKtl
10-15-2007, 02:49 PM
This has got to be the shittiest thread currently existing on the internet.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Whats up Delta! Lolla was great, thanks.

Vanwinkle, they sold out pretty fast actually. Same day. At least the floor GA did, and that is all we were worried about here.

PotV, you can post under suprefan. You don't have to use your other screename.

mvanwinkle
10-15-2007, 03:05 PM
o well i guess blasting heavy guitar where you can hear nothing else besides mumbling lyrics and putting on the worst live show i have ever had to sit through sells out pretty fast

DeltaSigChi4
10-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Why would you enter a thread about a presale when your intention is to threadcrap?

Hey, mvanwinkle. Go fuck yourself.

E

mvanwinkle
10-15-2007, 03:09 PM
dude sspu was almost as bad as having to sit through copeland ( not sure on spelling) to see the rentals

DeltaSigChi4
10-15-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't care. This thread is clearly for those interested in seeing SSPU in concert. It's not a "SSPU: Are they any good" thread created for debate/discussion.

E

mvanwinkle
10-15-2007, 03:19 PM
im just saying everyone was stressing about what the presale code is when i was just checking if it was even necessary if they were going to sell out fast enough.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
LOL at vanwinkles weak weak third grade trollling attempts. Pay no mind Delta, we know the greatness that is Silversun, and in the end, that is all we need.

PotVsKtl
10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Fucking idiots.

DeltaSigChi4
10-15-2007, 03:26 PM
l-xQ8EwmTLo

E

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Great vid Delta. I hope they play Comeback Kid too.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 06:02 PM
No offence... but these guys are pretty boring. They arent bad. They are just nothing new. Thats cool if you like them and all. Just dont go praising them like they have somehow revolutionized music.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Rage, I must have missed where anyone on this board did that, but if I see anyone doing that with any band, I will pass along your advice.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 06:17 PM
It seems most people on this board think Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Daft Punk and, most recently, Justice have all saved music as we know it.
The fact is, none of them have. They are all great and very talented at what they do. However, all of them have atleast contributed something to the world of music.
Silversun Pickups have done no such thing.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 06:23 PM
You are just going to have to try harder here RageP. How about...Silversun reminds me of Nickelback, or.....start a Silversun v. Insane Clown Possee thread. Anything but what you are typing...please... I mean, you probably think that Patton didn't steal everything he has done and learned from Kiedis, and I'm positive you have somehow convinced yourself of it. Therefore, I'm sorry, I can't take you seriously unless you try harder. :winkiss

rage patton
10-15-2007, 06:29 PM
Woh. Wohwohwohwowhowhwowhoowhwhowwoh.

You did NOT just go there.

Mike Patton has more talent in his pinky finger than Anthony Kiedis has. Period. I even like RHCP. But Please. Tell me how Mike Patton has learned everything he has done from Anthony Kiedis. Please. Inform me.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
geez rageP, was it that easy?

rage patton
10-15-2007, 06:54 PM
By the way, Silversun Pickups dont really remind me Nickleback. But they are just about as original as them.
Also Silversun Pickups ARE infinately better than Insane Clown Posse. But in comparison to ICP, so are Creed.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
See what happens when you put in a little more effort? The old RageP comes out to play. :thu

PotVsKtl
10-15-2007, 07:19 PM
I hope your lungs seize up in a coal mine disaster you poxy lummoxing knucklefuck.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Hahahahahahahahahaha. I havent laughed so hard in a while. Thank you Pot.

I think that may be my new sig.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 07:46 PM
potV, did your blood pressure just go up?

rageP = way too easily amused

ThomThom
10-15-2007, 08:56 PM
It seems most people on this board think Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Daft Punk and, most recently, Justice have all saved music as we know it.
The fact is, none of them have. They are all great and very talented at what they do. However, all of them have atleast contributed something to the world of music.
Silversun Pickups have done no such thing.

Rage, you have to understand the difference between a band(s) that a majority of the board like to discuss and a band(s) that everybody feels revolutionized music. All of the bands you noted are discussed quite a bit and have particularly lengthy threads, they are all talked about, what is the problem with that?

rage patton
10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Rage, you have to understand the difference between a band(s) that a majority of the board like to discuss and a band(s) that everybody feels revolutionized music. All of the bands you noted are discussed quite a bit and have particularly lengthy threads, they are all talked about, what is the problem with that?

Sorry. There is nothing wrong with that. I meant no offence to any 4 of bands I mentioned nor the lengthy threads about them nor the people who post in them.
What I was saying was that, in their own way, Radiohead, Arcade Fire and Daft Punk have revolutionized music. Wether or not you are a fan of any of them, you have to admit they have all impacted the music world. That is a major reason for all of them have such lengthy threads praising the band for what they have done and are doing.
Then this shyguy person comes in and starts proclaiming Silversun Pickups as being savious of music and shitting on acts like Justice saying SSPU are so much better and such.
Does that clear up what I was trying to say?

ThomThom
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM
Rage,

I wasn't implying that any of those acts you mentioned did not revolutionize music, I was simply stating that just because there is alot of talk about them on a music message board does not necessarily mean that people are considering any of them saviours of music. I understand what you were trying to say originally...I guess.

Then this shyguy person comes in and starts proclaiming Silversun Pickups as being savious of music and shitting on acts like Justice saying SSPU are so much better and such.
Does that clear up what I was trying to say?

Can you direct me to any quote on this thread where shyguy slapped a saviour of music label on the silversun pickups because I don't see one.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 10:20 PM
I was not claiming that any of them are saviours of music. And I dont think anyone else would claim that either. With the obvious exception of Delta and the Arcade Fire.

Shyguy has never said Silversun Pickups are the saviours of music. Its just his general attitude toward them. Him and Delta in the thread seem to think anyone who disagrees with them is dead wrong and their opinion should not be heard. But it is not only this thread... Shyguy randomly popped, out of nowhere, into the Justice thread and started talking about much better Silversun Pickups are than Justice. Why? I have no idea.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Now your just lying Rage, and everyone can see that it is not a good look for you.

"Shyguy randomly popped, out of nowhere, into the Justice thread and started talking about much better Silversun Pickups are than Justice. Why? I have no idea."

lies lies lies lies. I never brought them up. Why do you have to lie? Are you afraid of Thom Thom? I'll take your apology when you are man enough to give it.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Who started talking about Silversun Pickups in the Justice thread then? Show me where someone else did. Because as far as I can tell, you were the first person to drop thier name randomly in that thread.
If you can show me, I will gladly appologize.

wmgaretjax
10-15-2007, 10:43 PM
that video has really shitty music in it. pot is right, I hope you die for spending so much time defending it.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Post 1979 by Suprefan (shocking, I know) the first time that they were brought up in the thread.

"This coming from the guy who thinks the Silversun Pickups are the second coming of rock."

Its ok. You probably didn't see it. I forgive you.

rage patton
10-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Totaly didnt even see that supre post. So for that, I am sorry.

However, I do think you are wrong about the Longevity of Justice. First off, it is totally cool you like SSPU. However, comparitavely, Justice is doing more in the dance/electronic world, than SSPU is doing in the rock/indie scene.

Wait. This is a stupid argument. Comparing Justice and SSPU is just about as dumb as those "Who is better? Arcade Fire or Rage Against The Machine?" threads.

ShyGuy75
10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
rageP, the only reason I stepped into the Justice thread and wrote everything I did was to give suprefan a small dose of his own medicine on being negative on mostly everything for reasons unkown. To be honest I think Justice is good at what they do. Hating on other peoples opinion of music is a waste of energy and in the end accomplishes nothing. Its not like I'm going to change one's opinion when their mind is so strongly made up.

DeltaSigChi4
10-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Why the fuck does Rage PP care so much if Silversun Pickups have ONE THREAD here or not? Insecurities, anyone? Justice has a few hundred. Radiohead a few thousand. SSPU can't have one because a lil' bitch like Rage will show up and start exclaiming how they are ordinary and blah+blah+blah like if anyone give a fuck. Hey, here's an idea, you don't think much of SSPU, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE THREAD. Novel notion?*

E

*I completely understand stating your view ONCE, but going on and on and on and on and on. Fuck, make a SSPU are ordinary thread and jerk off to it everyday. Seems like the prevailing theme in Rage's day/life.

DeltaSigChi4
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
eUKueCcR9lQ

E

rage patton
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Why the fuck does Rage PP care so much if Silversun Pickups have ONE THREAD here or not? Insecurities, anyone? Justice has a few hundred. Radiohead a few thousand. SSPU can't have one because a lil' bitch like Rage will show up and start exclaiming how they are ordinary and blah+blah+blah like if anyone give a fuck. Hey, here's an idea, you don't think much of SSPU, GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE THREAD. Novel notion?*

E

*I completely understand stating your view ONCE, but going on and on and on and on and on. Fuck, make a SSPU are ordinary thread and jerk off to it everyday. Seems like the prevailing theme in Rage's day/life.

I was completely ignoring this thread and wasnt planning on posting in it. Then shuguy had to come into the Justice thread a stir shit up. Now I understand he was coaxed over by a comment from Suprefan... but still. He had to keep going as well. So I brought my two cents over here. Then shuguy had to keep going on this thread.
Obviously it became a big misunderstanding. But whatever. Im done.

ShyGuy75
10-16-2007, 08:57 AM
Group hug!

*passes j to rageP*

ShyGuy75
10-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Amazing show! They played Comeback Kid, which was a big big score for ShyGuy.

Oh, and the Midnight Movies were great too.

shotglass75
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Anyone know of a live recording from the Wiltern show? I have heard nothing but great things.

ShyGuy75
11-04-2007, 08:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBO4TF874PM

For all the true fans out there....I love you too :lips

Found this amazing video of the show. Thanks to the person who shot it.

shotglass75
11-04-2007, 09:01 AM
found this one too

terRTVEhmso

ShyGuy75
11-04-2007, 09:23 AM
hey shotglass, can you embed mine too? I'm posting blind this morning. thanks.

shotglass75
11-04-2007, 01:43 PM
HBO4TF874PM

ficklecycle
11-04-2007, 02:24 PM
I wish I coulda gone.