PDA

View Full Version : MELVINS PLAY HOUDINI @ The Fonda

brando4n82
09-17-2007, 08:09 AM
HOLY SHIT! I havent been that into a show in a looong time, the next morning I woke up and my chest and neck were so sore from head banging my brains out. I havent been into metal/hard rock for about 4 years, but goddamn they got me right back into it. simply incredible show. did anyone else get the privilege of attending this show?

Deviate_420
09-17-2007, 09:15 AM
I wanted to go to this so bad...

reverb
09-17-2007, 09:56 AM
incredible show....i have to admit i went for mudhoney...and half expected to give the melvins a cursory 2 song listen and then head upstairs for drinks (i never really got into them...er, um, back in the day...i liked my metal of the much speedier ilk) i was blown away by 'em. needless to say we caught their entire set....onboard until the last drum beat...and wanted more. i don't think i had ever seen a band be so powerful while remaining so calm. it was a strange experience.

mudhoney certainly didn't dissapoint in any way...but my expectations were set pretty high for 'em. no surprises there.

the melvins on the otherhand...wow.

glad i went.

brando4n82
09-17-2007, 10:59 AM
incredible show....i have to admit i went for mudhoney...and half expected to give the melvins a cursory 2 song listen and then head upstairs for drinks (i never really got into them...er, um, back in the day...i liked my metal of the much speedier ilk) i was blown away by 'em. needless to say we caught their entire set....onboard until the last drum beat...and wanted more. i don't think i had ever seen a band be so powerful while remaining so calm. it was a strange experience.

mudhoney certainly didn't dissapoint in any way...but my expectations were set pretty high for 'em. no surprises there.

the melvins on the otherhand...wow.

glad i went.

Well im glad you discovered a very influential and talented band. I Highly recomend their album "Stag"

JustSteve
10-07-2007, 08:16 PM
hate to bring up a dead topic, but just noticed the melvins are playing detroit bar in costa mesa on the 24th. this place is small, should be nuts, tix still available, $13. looks like i may be heading out to this one considering it is about a mile from my place.

www.detroitbar.com

http://detroitbar.musictoday.com/DetroitBar/calendar.aspx