PDA

View Full Version : Aphex Twin and Portishead

thewindowliquor
09-13-2007, 03:04 AM
dear jesus,

please shine your magical god light down on some of my homies at goldenvoice. also, cast some of those rays towards mr. richard d. james, beth gibbons, and some of those other cats across the pond. As they bask in your glow, lord, please ask them very nicely if they could all get together and work some stuff out. i need to see aphex twin and portishead at coachella. please jesus, i really need this.

thank you for listening.

fober
09-13-2007, 10:49 AM

brokenDREAMS
09-13-2007, 11:09 AM
Aphex Twin, should he come, should be a live set and NOT a dj set! Also invite Chris Cunningham (director of a lot of videos if not all?) to do all the visuals as well....Epic!

Luke Vibert will be nice addition to go on before AFX as well (imo).

meyouseek
09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
If Richard is going to come all the way out here I'd prefer he did his own show or tour. It's so long between his appearances in LA that we need more than just an hour at Coachella. If he'd like to do both I'd support that too!

Of course it should be a live set... but if you've ever seen him there aren't a lot of "live" elements unless teddybears are jumping about on stage.

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 11:17 AM
"Rubber Johnny...LIVE!"

shakermaker113
09-13-2007, 01:44 PM
I suggest you consider ATP (http://www.atpfestival.com/events/portishead/line_up.php).

meyouseek
09-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Aphex Twin threw down a pretty kick-ass set at the ATP here in LA a few years back. Though the Portishead ATP looks fun I'm not sure it's worth that long of a journey.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Aphex Twin, should he come, should be a live set and NOT a dj set! Also invite Chris Cunningham (director of a lot of videos if not all?) to do all the visuals as well....Epic!

Luke Vibert will be nice addition to go on before AFX as well (imo).

f&cking Word!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-13-2007, 06:49 PM
dear jesus,

please shine your magical god light down on some of my homies at goldenvoice. also, cast some of those rays towards mr. richard d. james, beth gibbons, and some of those other cats across the pond. As they bask in your glow, lord, please ask them very nicely if they could all get together and work some stuff out. i need to see aphex twin and portishead at coachella. please jesus, i really need this.

thank you for listening.

GV, we have been asking for Ages. Just offer him oddles of money and some kind of pyramid...

orbit
09-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Or a submarine on stage.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-14-2007, 04:02 AM
Or a submarine on stage.

Now we are talking...

betao
09-14-2007, 06:47 AM
yeah i read that richard owns a ww2 tank and a submarine... crazy

fober
09-14-2007, 11:56 AM
This is what his "tank" looks like:

http://www.surplusjeep.com/images/Ferret-1.jpg

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-15-2007, 10:12 AM
yeah i read that richard owns a ww2 tank and a submarine... crazy

From what I understand, the rest of England thinks people from Cornwall (Cornish) are just nuts. Maybe, RDJ likes to play off that and does the things that he does because of it.