PDA

View Full Version : Music Festival Ideas - The good, the Bad, the Ugly

Ardentbiscuit
09-12-2007, 11:04 AM
1. Cancelled the muisc festival - Every band that ever cancelled a tour and/or festival at the last minute has to make good by playing this festival.

2. Nothing but the Hits - Bands only get sets that consist of their hit songs. So if you have 8 hits you get 8 songs, if you have 1 hit you get 1 song, etc.

3. Versus - Each stage is different style of music, eletronica, hop hop, country, pop, etc. Which ever stage gets the most attendance is the winner! What they win, I don't know.

4. Country Pride - Each stage is music from a particular country, USA, France, Italy, Germany, England, etc. So you go to the stage based on which music you like best.

5. Weak Sauce The Concert - It's a concert that has every Hippie / Jamband playing and when the fans get there, it turns out no bands are playing and they lock the gates and light the place on fire! Just kidding..

6. Too Cool for School - Every band plays but they only play b sides, rare songs, new songs, and unknown songs. They can't play any hits or songs people know. Perfect for arrogant bands who think they are too good for their fans.

:)

JustSteve
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
:blah

Somewhat Damaged
09-12-2007, 11:26 AM
A little early in the day to be drinking, isn't it?

fober
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
hahahah weak sauce, that was good.

RotationSlimWang
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
The Rip-Off Festival: dozens of quality bands performing the material of the artists they're more or less copying.

Oasis performing Sgt. Pepper's
Interpol performing Joy Division's last set list
Velvet Revolver performing half Appetite for Destruction and half 12 Gracious Melodies
Tool performing Zeppelin
Radiohead performing Pink Floyd's PULSE set list
Muse performing The Bends
Of Montreal performing Ziggy Stardust
Think of some more on your own.

summerkid
09-12-2007, 02:35 PM
The Rip-Off Festival: dozens of quality bands performing the material of the artists they're more or less copying.

Oasis performing Sgt. Pepper's
Interpol performing Joy Division's last set list
Velvet Revolver performing half Appetite for Destruction and half 12 Gracious Melodies
Tool performing Zeppelin
Radiohead performing Pink Floyd's PULSE set list
Muse performing The Bends
Of Montreal performing Ziggy Stardust
Think of some more on your own.

That could be really awesome or really terrible.

The Shins-Pet Sounds
LCD Soundsystem-Speaking in Tongues
Wilco-Let It Be (the replacements)
The Flaming Lips-Tommy

RotationSlimWang
09-12-2007, 02:36 PM
COULD be great? You kidding me? I'd kill every single last one of you to see that show.

summerkid
09-12-2007, 02:39 PM
COULD be great? You kidding me? I'd kill every single last one of you to see that show.

i was just saying the idea in general cause you could get some really shitty band covering a great band you know like Oasis doing Sgt Pepper's for instance. :)

RotationSlimWang
09-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Choosing a single Beatles album for Oasis to do is tricky. I mean, in truth, even the fucking Beatles could never perform Pepper's live, I don't think they even attempted. Oasis is a quality fucking band and manage to hit the Beatles aesthetic a decent amount in simple ways. But probably the only songs I'd want to see them try to pull off live would be:

Sgt. Pepper's
With A Little Help From My Friends
Good Morning Good Morning
Glass Onion
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Strawberry Fields Forever
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Help!

And for an encore, they come back out, raise a curtain at the back of the stage to reveal the orchestra and do full symphony versions of:

In My Life
I Am The Walrus
A Day In The Life (both Liam and Noel)

THAT, sir, would be fucking awesome. It just would. But you know the real reason Oasis is the shit? Because if you offered them five million dollars for the one show and put it to them as complimentary as humanly possibly--listen, Liam, Noel, we love Oasis, we think you're amazing, but we really want to do a Beatles tribute and there's just no one else in the world that could possibly do their music justice except YOU--they would still curse you out, throw your offer, your money, and both their drink glasses in your fucking face and scream, "Why the fuck would we want to cover that shite?! We're fucking better than The Beatles, why would we want to cover them!"

One of the last true asshole rock stars, gentlemen.

summerkid
09-12-2007, 11:13 PM
What did George Harrison say about Oasis? That they were silly and a passing fad or something like that. Which seems pretty damn accurate because they aren't relevant anymore.

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 05:09 AM
I'd kill every single last one of you to see that show.

You'd kill all of us for a linty Tic-Tac.

M Sparks
09-13-2007, 05:10 AM
2. Nothing but the Hits - Bands only get sets that consist of their hit songs. So if you have 8 hits you get 8 songs, if you have 1 hit you get 1 song, etc.

That's called a State Fair.

gaypalmsprings
09-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Taco Bell Festival