PDA

View Full Version : Basement Jaxx

instinct
09-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Has anyone seen their new tour and setlist? I caught them at pukkelpop, and I was a little dissapointed.. It was not nearly as good as when I caught them at LA Detour (or Coachella, or the Bowl).. Just thought I would mention that.. I wish I had their setlist.. It just seemed to have a lot less energy than normally, although they were still good.. but I am starting to think they are a group that might be going downhill.. and I am a big Basement Jaxx fan (I still bought their T-Shirt for 25 Euro). Anyways.. Just a random thought that came to my head. I am just happy they played "Lights go out".. It's probably my favorite song off their new album..

End Rant.

P.S. Smashing Pumpkins really sucked.

HunterGather
09-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I found 3 torrents of the shows they did this summer. Damn good quality (one is radio rip for sure).

I agree about this tour. I wish they did more Crazy Itch stuff, but what'r you gonna do.
And I love that they do LIGHTS GO DOWN as well.
I'm just glad they do Cish Cash and even better they do Get Me Off.

I hope they come to the states again soon! I missed them when they were in NY last october :(

meyouseek
09-12-2007, 04:08 PM
I listened to the Portrush show that I downloaded somewhere and was similarly disappointed. They played Romeo as some slow-ass sensitive song which really didn't do anything for me. Then they spent way too much time trying to pump up the crowd... which I abhor at live shows. Let the music do the pumping and if that doesn't work, get back to the studio and work out the kinks.

psychic friend
10-10-2007, 02:41 PM
memories

http://www.basementjaxx.co.uk/coah.htm

instinct
10-10-2007, 02:44 PM
k, i'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. Although, i'm not sure if the did "Get Me Off" when I saw them.. They also seemed to spend a lot of time doing "in-between" songs, so the girls could go and change their wardrobe.. I mean, that's cool.. but I don't really care about it that much.. I'd rather have more music.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-10-2007, 04:34 PM
No way are they going downhill, Cool It/Make Me Sweat was sick as hell, Crazy Itch was great, and their live show, at least when I saw it in '05, was amazing. They're always on my Coachella list.

brando4n82
10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Would is the likelihood of them being at Coachella '08? I am dying to see their live set

bartelby
10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
memories

you're unbelievably cruel...i don't think i'll ever forgive the Cure for being so 'meh' that evening

instinct
10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
No way are they going downhill, Cool It/Make Me Sweat was sick as hell, Crazy Itch was great, and their live show, at least when I saw it in '05, was amazing. They're always on my Coachella list.

I saw them in '04 twice.. and once in '06.. ALL GREAT SHOWS.

Once in 07... Not that great.. It's changed a lot since last year..

shakermaker113
10-10-2007, 06:17 PM
memories

oh yes, that was the day of 1,000 conflicts.

ok so not 1,000, but there were far too many. I missed them. :-(

orbit
10-10-2007, 08:53 PM
The new Groove Armada sounds like Basement Jaxx. I don't know if it's a bad thing or not.

I loved Groove Armada doing their chill out thing.

superfiction
10-10-2007, 09:59 PM
BRING THEM BACK. i do sorta agree about the new groove armada. i do really like it though

instinct
10-11-2007, 12:29 AM
I must say Groove Armada had a better set than Basement Jaxx at Pukkelpop too.

superfiction
10-11-2007, 12:56 AM
you and your pukkelpop

orbit
10-11-2007, 01:01 AM
It should have been shocking for him.

HunterGather
10-11-2007, 02:06 AM
I've kicked myself numerous times for not seeing them on the Kish Kash tour.
And from what I know of this current tour, it wasn't really heavy on CRAZY ITCH RADIO songs, which is too bad.
I hope they come back to the U.S. in 2008 though.

Trick Loves The Kids
10-11-2007, 06:16 AM
I saw them in '04 twice.. and once in '06.. ALL GREAT SHOWS.

Once in 07... Not that great.. It's changed a lot since last year..

that's a major bummer. when i saw them it was at the hollywood bowl and I was in row "Y" and still they killed it

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
10-11-2007, 06:59 AM
I must say Groove Armada had a better set than Basement Jaxx at Pukkelpop too.

I can't remember right now and I am too lazy to go through my old Coachella booklets but, has Groove Armada been back to Coachella since the Ladytron episode?

invisiblerobots
10-11-2007, 07:00 AM
I can't remember right now and I am too lazy to go through my old Coachella booklets but, has Groove Armada been back to Coachella since the Ladytron episode?

Sadly, no. What a debacle that situation was.

Bud Luster
10-11-2007, 08:37 AM
Sadly, no. What a debacle that situation was.

Agreed. I remember thinking "Beasties it is I guess..."

superfiction
10-11-2007, 10:34 AM
for those of us who werent there do tell...

HunterGather
10-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Does anyone have a boot' of any Kish Kash tour show?
I found some torrents, but none have seeders.

Somewhat Damaged
10-11-2007, 06:52 PM
for those of us who werent there do tell...

I think what happened is that Ladytron went on REALLY late, pushing back Groove Armada's start time significantly. I say this without utmost certainty because I do recall going into the tent (Mojave, right?) expecting to see a band with guys (I forget who that would have been) and being surprised that Ladytron's women were on stage.