PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Brothers show

daftmonkey64
09-11-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok so I was under the impression that The Chemical Brothers were going to be playing at the free festival LoveFest. Little did I know that they are actually playing the Pr-LoveFest party which costs 50 fuckin bucks! Now, to those who have witnessed this spectacle before, is it good enough to drop 50? what would you rate them? 1 being, i dunno DJ lindsay lohan, and 11 being daft.

Bud Luster
09-11-2007, 07:27 PM
11 - I will be at the show at the concourse (which has a cool wherehousey type vibe.)

jackstraw94086
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Chemical Brothers never had anything to do with LoveFest. The lovefest promoters simply took advantage of the fact that they were playing the concourse to draw attention (with the concourse promoters' tacit approval).

There's is going to be so much kick ass music in town that night that that I can't see dropping $50 to be crushed in what basically amounts to an airplane hangar with shitty sound.

and btw, lovefest ain't exactly free unless you're a cheap bastard. Donate at the gates so you can see that shit again next year. Each year it gets harder and way more expensive to produce outdoor music events in SF.

daftmonkey64
09-11-2007, 08:21 PM
yeah I saw that, I'm not that cheap i'll probly give em 20. I think they give you an iTunes card for donating also. So at this point im trying to decide between chem bros or the afterparty.

jackstraw94086
09-11-2007, 08:32 PM
They were sponsored by beatport last year, not itunes.

Have fun at the trance party. There will be a dozen killer parties for a fraction of the cost strewn throughout the city.

daftmonkey64
09-11-2007, 08:37 PM
hm. thats cool. this ones iTunes apparently. I would much rather not spend 65 bucks and not listen to a ton of trance, but I have the problem of not being 21. Therefore I probably won't be let in most places.

jackstraw94086
09-11-2007, 09:01 PM
itunes? where do you see that? I don't seem them on the sponsor list on their site (http://www2.sflovefest.org/sponsors.php). If they are a sponsor then that blows.

Speaking of blowing, you couple probably get yourself into that trance party for free.

daftmonkey64
09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
got it in an email today.

When you arrive at the festival gates, please be prepared to make a $5 - $10 donation. This donation is crucial to the continued survival of the event, please don't take it for granted that someone else will be supporting the event, you are someone else. To make it sweet, those donating at least $5 will receive a free i Tunes card that is good for 20 free downloads of a broad musical range of featured SF LoveFest artists including Sasha, the Chemical Brothers, Ferry Corsten, Meat Katie, Gabriel & Dresden, the Rogue Element, Pixel, DJ Dan, Blank & Jones, and much much more!

and how would one go about getting in free?

shakermaker113
09-11-2007, 10:45 PM
There's is going to be so much kick ass music in town that night that that I can't see dropping $50 to be crushed in what basically amounts to an airplane hangar with shitty sound.

chemical brothers are far better than anything else going on friday. most of the love parade related events are saturday.

Somewhat Damaged
09-11-2007, 10:54 PM
and how would one go about getting in free?

Speaking of blowing, you couple probably get yourself into that trance party for free.

C'mon, man, you don't need it spelled out for you any more clearly than that, do you?

jackstraw94086
09-11-2007, 11:29 PM
chemical brothers are far better than anything else going on friday. most of the love parade related events are saturday.

While there may not be as big a spectacle on Friday as Chemicals, I guarantee there will be far better value even on Friday. By next weekend there will be more info out on smaller events.

instinct
09-12-2007, 01:21 AM
I would pay $50 to see them, but then again, I REALLY REALLY like the Chemical Brothers.

xbnmx
09-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Listen to Jackass, he knows his EDM biz. Even if he is an ass.

Bud Luster
09-12-2007, 08:52 AM
I have the problem of not being 21. Therefore I probably won't be let in most places.

Check your PM's!

J~$$$
09-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Is this similar to the love parade?

jackstraw94086
09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Is this similar to the love parade?

This is love parade.

Berlin took back the actual festival and the official name with it, but we keep doing it any and just gave it a new name.

J~$$$
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Do you dress up? It looks like fun.

Bosco
09-12-2007, 10:05 PM
I actually just got my San Francisco Chemical Brothers tix in the mail today!

The Concourse might be shit, but The Chemical Brothers wont.