PDA

View Full Version : Bring back Woodstock 99.....

Deviate_420
09-11-2007, 10:50 AM
There I fucking said it. The best, most epic festival in the history of festivals.

Tylerdurden31
09-11-2007, 10:50 AM
that was the most horrendous thing i've ever been to

kreutz2112
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
woodstock 99 already happened dip shit.

psychic friend
09-11-2007, 10:51 AM
i heard it was horrid

Deviate_420
09-11-2007, 10:55 AM
From the Videos on youtube, it looks amazing. RATM, Megadeth, even fucking Metallica looks awesome. I would of gone in a heartbeat.

Tylerdurden31
09-11-2007, 10:56 AM
-$4 bottles of water
-camping in sewage
-morons picking up sewage thinking it was mud and throwing it at people
-meatheads everywhere
-walking around on concrete in 96 degree weather with around 70% humidity
-creed
-fire

marooko
minus the price of things, it was amazing. i would do it again in a second.

Tylerdurden31
From the Videos on youtube, it looks amazing. RATM, Megadeth, even fucking Metallica looks awesome. I would of gone in a heartbeat.

i'm sure it looks awesome on video. I would never go back to something like that

Mr.Nipples
There I fucking said it. The best, most epic festival in the history of festivals.

dont be stupid...

Deviate_420
09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
-$4 bottles of water
-camping in sewage
-meatheads everywhere
-creed
-fire

I didn't know Creed was there. Thats worse the 4 dollar water.

But I mean, even Limp Bizkit looked like a lot of fun. Korn playing Blind, was the most epic entrance to a show I have ever witnessed. I am just sayin' do it all again so that I can go.

marooko
09-11-2007, 10:59 AM
i think my favorite part was the waves of cheers thursday night. that was freaking awesome.

shakermaker113
09-11-2007, 11:00 AM
any festival that gets broadcast on mtv has to be awful.

Tylerdurden31
09-11-2007, 11:01 AM
I will say that Blind was probably the most insane opening song ever...but the whole thing was just a shithole

Deviate_420
09-11-2007, 11:02 AM
any festival that gets broadcast on mtv has to be awful.

Um, MTY has a special on Coachella every year, well at least they ahve for the past 2 years.

PotVsKtl
09-11-2007, 11:03 AM
You might as well have just posted a picture of your ass.

marooko
09-11-2007, 11:06 AM
i almost had to hitchhike. it was the 1st time i saw rage, ate "e" for the 1st time (that was nuts), got burned buying acid for the 1st time and it was my first festival. the only thing i regret is following the rules. noone else fucking did. i still have a piece of the wall and one of the straps that were tying down the scafolding. so i guess i didnt follow all the rules.

J~$$$
09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
limp bizkit.

Deviate_420
09-11-2007, 11:08 AM
i almost had to hitchhike. it was the 1st time i saw rage, ate "e" for the 1st time (that was nuts), got burned buying acid for the 1st time and it was my first festival. the only thing i regret is following the rules. noone else fucking did. i still have a piece of the wall and one of the straps that were tying down the scafolding. so i guess i didnt follow all the rules.

Thats insane. How many people were there, it looks like over 100,000. And didnt they run out of water and food, as well?

leo01g
09-11-2007, 11:11 AM
haha i cant believe they had so many fans when that happened

superfiction
09-11-2007, 11:12 AM
i would have tried to go had i not been nine. its still one of the most ridiculos lineups ive ever seen

Somewhat Damaged
09-11-2007, 11:12 AM
Um, MTY has a special on Coachella every year, well at least they ahve for the past 2 years.

Having a special isn't the same as it being broadcast. It's not like they stream the entire festival on MTV, especially since that would require them to play more than a half hour's worth of music for the day.

Also, any festival that boasts rapes, riots, and Limp Bizkit couldn't possibly be the most epic, at least not without being followed by the word "disappointment."

J~$$$
09-11-2007, 11:13 AM
do you all make a pact to post at the same time?

superfiction
09-11-2007, 11:19 AM
Also, concertgoers learned that the field where the concert was held, a former U.S. Air Force installation (Griffiss Air Force Base), was a Superfund hazardous waste site.

does this mean everybody has cancer now too

M Sparks
09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
-$4 bottles of water
-camping in sewage
-meatheads everywhere
-creed
-fire

You forgot rape.

Boourns
09-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Having a special isn't the same as it being broadcast. It's not like they stream the entire festival on MTV, especially since that would require them to play more than a half hour's worth of music for the day.

Also, any festival that boasts rapes, riots, and Limp Bizkit couldn't possibly be the most epic, at least not without being followed by the word "disappointment."

Those three go together like stooges or musketeers.

And since when does MTV have a Coachella special? What is it? Do they air performances? And why hasn't someone posted such a thing online?

Boourns
09-11-2007, 11:50 AM
And what a fucking horrible lineup. It's like all the biggest shit bands of the 90's were all in one place. Insane Clown Posse? Limp Bizkit? And they wonder why the thing broke out in rapes and riots. I'm sure the abominable living conditions didn't help.

superfiction
09-11-2007, 11:51 AM
mtv broadcasts a lt of major european festivals in europe. we just dont sow things related to music on mtv anymore over here

marooko
09-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Thats insane. How many people were there, it looks like over 100,000. And didnt they run out of water and food, as well?

it was about 250,00. ill post some pics up tomorrow. and one of the piece of wall.

id say the biggest contributer to the riots was the fact that it was on the east coast. we're just mad all the time.

marooko
09-11-2007, 12:08 PM
And what a fucking horrible lineup. It's like all the biggest shit bands of the 90's were all in one place. Insane Clown Posse? Limp Bizkit? And they wonder why the thing broke out in rapes and riots. I'm sure the abominable living conditions didn't help.

WHAT!!??!! james brown was there dude.

rage
rusted root
Jameriqua
chili peppers
offspring (they rocked the joint big time.)
chemical bros
george clinton
foo fighters

and many others

anyone see any of the movies??

superfiction
09-11-2007, 12:10 PM
i thought foo fighters didnt show up

Tylerdurden31
09-11-2007, 12:11 PM
i thought foo fighters didnt show up

they didn't

canexplain
09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
i think my favorite part was the waves of cheers thursday night. that was freaking awesome.

they did this a few times, but remember when they started throwing the bottles from the back to the front ... i was about 10 rows from the front when they started that, and it looked like the sky was falling .... and i have been to much worse shows, and not 20 fests outside better (well i will have to think about that) ... it is a show if you went, you didnt soon forget ... and marooko, i wrote this here before, but i DID hitchhike there, at least from denver to chicago, then got a ride from there .. one of the really fun times in my life ... remember gang coachella=disneyland when it comes to ruffing it outdoors at a festival ... cr****

marooko
09-11-2007, 02:02 PM
thats cool that you went(and hitchhiked at that). i lived here in CA. and flew out. i maneged to get a free ticket somehow and gave it to my now girlfriend...she took the bus cause it was like a week before hand. (i would have enjoyed that) i have a picture of the flying bottles. ill try to post some tomorrow. as messed up as it was it is also something i wont soon forget. dont think ill ever forget.

did you happen to watch any of the movies they were playing in the airplane hangar?

canexplain
09-11-2007, 04:17 PM
thats cool that you went(and hitchhiked at that). i lived here in CA. and flew out. i maneged to get a free ticket somehow and gave it to my now girlfriend...she took the bus cause it was like a week before hand. (i would have enjoyed that) i have a picture of the flying bottles. ill try to post some tomorrow. as messed up as it was it is also something i wont soon forget. dont think ill ever forget.

did you happen to watch any of the movies they were playing in the airplane hangar?

no but i remember the hanger .... they had late night rave kind of shows there at least one night because i went .... weird, i can picture standing outside, watching the strobe and veri lights inside, glaring off the big glass doors ...just like yesterday hummmm ...... did you see the guys that covered themselves with the shit water from the porta potties and went from the back of the crowd all the way to the front ... they were off to my right and i was glad because they stunk just like what they should have covered with shit .... did you go over to the lake ... cr****

idrive1life
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I was there.

All I could remember was that the 2 main stages are miles apart. Yeah, the insane heat and expensive water & crappy food. But we were gone before the rioting hapened.

And I fucking HATE Mettalica and DMB but I don't know why I listened to my friend who dragged me there to watch them (though there were lot more worse than them). Rage was amazing! And oh boy, that's where I discovered Muse. Like me then, they were so young and fucking amazingly special already!

marooko
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
i didnt go to the lake, but i did see turd people walking around. the hangar where they played the movies was to the right of the rave hangar. they had a rave every night. it was pretty awesome that there was something to do every minute of the day.

the reason i ask about the flicks is because im trying to figure out what they were. there was one with this man who had on a bird mask and at one point he walks into this room where a bunch of naked ladies are just grinding on couches and beds acting like they're having orgasms and shit. he's walking around with this note pad and everyone is trying to see what written on it, but he wont let them. then finally, he shows everyone and it says the end. it was fucking wierd. then after that they played a film of a role of toilet paper flying around. the movies were fucking bugged out.

menikmati
09-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I remember seeing a list of all the movies they played during the weekend. I remember one of them being Clerks.

bballarl
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM
I remember watching the coverage on MTV and seeing the riots.

Ron, you were at Altamont right?

jackstraw94086
09-11-2007, 05:27 PM
I hear rape is coming back in a big way.

canexplain
09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I remember watching the coverage on MTV and seeing the riots.

Ron, you were at Altamont right?

yes the ole good news, bad news .. cr****

RotationSlimWang
09-11-2007, 05:38 PM
I hear rape is coming back in a big way.

Jack, baby... you don't know the half of it.

RotationSlimWang
09-11-2007, 05:39 PM
yes the ole good news, bad news .. cr****

Holy fucking shit, Ron, is there a legendary concert that you WEREN'T at?

marooko
09-11-2007, 05:44 PM
found the list of movies. im gonna try to watch aome of them.......sober.

canexplain
09-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Holy fucking shit, Ron, is there a legendary concert that you WEREN'T at?

monterey ... bugs me to this day ... cant be everywhere i guess ...cr***

thinnerair
09-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Ron saw Beethoven on his solo acoustic tour.

RotationSlimWang
09-11-2007, 06:34 PM

Ah shit, that was the ONE I was going to ask about. Yeah, that would be disappointing, true. But still, you got almost all the rest it would seem.

canexplain
09-11-2007, 06:50 PM
Ah shit, that was the ONE I was going to ask about. Yeah, that would be disappointing, true. But still, you got almost all the rest it would seem.

i had just graduated from high school in japan, and i hitched around there for a while before i came back across the water .. so i missed the show (: ...cr****

summerkid
09-11-2007, 09:01 PM

I would kill to see Otis Redding live back then.

bballarl
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Do you own the Criterion box set for the Pop Festival? Essential. Otis' performance is so good it is unfair.

bballarl
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
Also, were you at Isle of Wight Ron?

canexplain
09-12-2007, 05:52 AM
Also, were you at Isle of Wight Ron?

:( no never made it across the pond for concerts (I lived in france for 3 years but pre concert years and then i was older and hitchhiked but no shows) ... i really would have liked to see Jimi there(saw the man, hummm maybe 7 times) , but to see him there would have been, well epic lol .... thats one reason we were thinking of going over there next year, but i dont know if we can take the mud and the bad weather ... cr****

bartelby
09-12-2007, 07:22 AM
Was at WS99 and had a decent time despite the madness.

Generally the music was good but nothing too spectacular (although I LOVED Mike Ness). The biggest problems were:
1) meatheads galore - I've never heard "show your tits" so many times
1.5) boobs - its sad to say, but I was tired of seeing stupid girls flashing their tits by the end of the weekend...
2) $$$ - all i could afford inside were $1 cookies and a $5 lemonade I splurged for one day
3) the heat/sun - I've never been so hot and sunburned, ever....
4) the walking - everything was so bloody far away that it literally took an hour to get between the stages sometimes
5) the people - 400,000 is way too many people for a concert

I have some great memories from that concert though and I'm certainly happy that I have the experience to look back on...

marooko
09-14-2007, 09:09 AM
I have some great memories from that concert though and I'm certainly happy that I have the experience to look back on...

i hear what youre saying, but i focus on the quoted part.

canexplain
09-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Was at WS99 and had a decent time despite the madness.

Generally the music was good but nothing too spectacular (although I LOVED Mike Ness). The biggest problems were:
1) meatheads galore - I've never heard "show your tits" so many times
1.5) boobs - its sad to say, but I was tired of seeing stupid girls flashing their tits by the end of the weekend...
2) $$$ - all i could afford inside were $1 cookies and a $5 lemonade I splurged for one day
3) the heat/sun - I've never been so hot and sunburned, ever....
4) the walking - everything was so bloody far away that it literally took an hour to get between the stages sometimes
5) the people - 400,000 is way too many people for a concert

#4) that was the one that got to me after a day or so ... i remember going to a fest at watkins glenn where there was a reported 750k. it took literally "hours" to get from one place to the other .. just like a little city .. well i guess not little by some standsars .. the fest at that speedway south of LA ,,, California Jam ... that was pretty far walking too ... cr****

brando4n82
09-15-2007, 06:54 AM
So whos going to Family Values '08?

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-15-2007, 08:13 AM
Worst Festival Idea Ever....

bballarl
09-16-2007, 03:17 PM
I love this performance so much.

6FMq0iDX1yE

menikmati
09-16-2007, 03:31 PM
no way 400,000 were at woodstock 99....the highest I would put it at would be 300,000, but even that is too much of a stretch. More like 250,000 at most would be a good guess.

canexplain
09-16-2007, 03:59 PM
anyone had thought that the promoters of this event, John Scher and Michael Lang, had done their homework and actually planned for the quarter of a million people expected, well, this should have told you otherwise. With only 225,000 tickets sold, sales estimates were not met by 25,000. One could only imagine what chaos would have ensued if they had actually sold out! Arriving at the sight... finally... the guards had no idea where the “Media Compound” I was supposed to be in was, so they threw us into the general population, having us park and camp in what was, I came to realize, comparatively, heaven.

some article .. cr*** so yep you are right meh

menikmati
09-16-2007, 05:02 PM
I heard though by day 3 that they were letting anyone in and lots were just walking/sneaking in for free, which was making the promoters happy, because it was increasing the estimates of the crowd size.

canexplain
09-16-2007, 05:33 PM
i think we got there that thur night and slept beside the road ... not positive .. you would think i would remember lol cr****

marooko
09-17-2007, 06:53 AM
I heard though by day 3 that they were letting anyone in and lots were just walking/sneaking in for free, which was making the promoters happy, because it was increasing the estimates of the crowd size.

yeah, that pissed me off. again burned by following the rules. im such a fucking square.