PDA

View Full Version : The Wachowski... Brothers?

rage patton
09-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Just read this and thought it was interesting...

The Matrix Transitions

Larry and Andy Wachowski, who spearheaded the awesome right into The Matrix, probably shouldn't have started their professional careers as The Wachowski Brothers. Larry has now transitioned into a woman named Lana. Congratulations are in order that she showed some restraint and didn't go for something totally dorky like Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Wachowski. The blog D-Listed reports that Lana split from her wife of ten years in 2002, during filming of those unfortunate Matrix sequels, and shacked up with a dominatrix. The hot rumour going says she will speak to Dateline NBC about being pretty much the only transgendered director who gets to work with a budget. She's currently directing the Speed Racer movie with Andy. Way to be, Lana, way to be.

So... who knew they were making a Speed Racer movie?

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I did.

PassiveTheory
09-10-2007, 05:42 PM
...what?

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 05:47 PM
http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=speed+racer
Warner Brothers presents:
SPEED RACER

Directors:
Andy Wachowski
Larry Wachowski

Writers:
Tatsuo Yoshida (characters and story)
Larry Wachowski (screenplay) ...

Release Date: 9 May 2008 (USA)

Cast:
Christina Ricci ... Trixie
Emile Hirsch ... Speed
Susan Sarandon ... Mom Racer
Matthew Fox ... Racer X
John Goodman ... Pops Racer
Hiroyuki Sanada ... Mr. Musha
Scott Porter ... Rex Racer
Richard Roundtree ... Ben Burns
Christian Oliver ... Snake Oiler
Benno Fürmann ... Inspector Detector

Mr.Nipples
09-10-2007, 05:54 PM
i hope it bombs...

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 05:58 PM
This is supposed to be news? The transgendered stuff, not the Speed Racer stuff.

I mean, they are reporting something that happened 5 years ago. I remember the rumors floating around back when Matrix II or III came out, and Spin did a rather in-depth piece on it a few years back. They suggested that the Matrix movies got worse and worse due to Larrys increasing "distraction". Also, Buck Angel was involved somehow...I think the dominatrix was married to Buck or something.

rage patton
09-10-2007, 06:02 PM
SPEED RACER

Directors:
Andy Wachowski
Larry Wachowski

Dont you mean Lana?

I love John Goodman.

This is supposed to be news? The transgendered stuff, not the Speed Racer stuff.

Me asking about the Speed Racer movie was meant to be a joke. As in "Who cares if he is now a woman. They are making a Speed Racer movie!"
So, this news he is now a woman, isnt really news at all? It was a news article that came out today or yesteday or something. I had never heard about it until now.

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Word is, the movie is going to be very good. Cast is decent, and the Mach V (car) looks great, but we all know what happened to Matrix 2 and 3. Ugh.

noisemachine
09-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I remember the sex change thing from way back when they were doing the sequels. Hope thats been working out for him/her.

suprefan
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Just read this and thought it was interesting...

So... who knew they were making a Speed Racer movie?

Any movie questions should be fielded into Schoolios Movie Corner, cause odds are Gabe would know about it. Or like Cdub knows. And yeah, I knew go Mach V.

Wheres the beef?
09-10-2007, 06:22 PM
SPEED RACER

Directors:
Andy Wachowski
Lana Wachowski

Writers:
Tatsuo Yoshida (characters and story)
Lana Wachowski (screenplay) ...

Release Date: 9 May 2008 (USA)

Cast:
Christina Ricci ... Trixie
Emile Hirsch ... Speed
Susan Sarandon ... Mom Racer
Matthew Fox ... Racer X
Hiroyuki Sanada ... Mr. Musha
Scott Porter ... Rex Racer
Richard Roundtree ... Ben Burns
Christian Oliver ... Snake Oiler
Benno Fürmann ... Inspector Detector

Corrected.

theburiedlife
09-10-2007, 07:38 PM
They released details about speed racer at Comic-Con wayy back.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 07:57 PM
Sorry, it wasn't Spin, it was Rolling Stone. Can't tell them apart these days...

The Mystery Of Larry Wachowski (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9138137/the_mystery_of_larry_wachowski)

Here's an article that says the sex change is a load of crap anyway. Normally, I would never believe Fox News, but the rumors that have popped up recently are identical to the ones that went around when Matrix II came out. In fact, I remember someone telling me "Yeah, I saw the new Matrix movie and it's credited to "The Wachowski's" because one of them is a chick now."

Fixed News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295909,00.html)

The guy's a perv, and likes to wear a dress, but I think that's about it. He doesn't even look like a girl, just a boy nerd in a girl nerd outfit. I can't believe this isn't on Snopes, true or false.

http://www.glitteratigossip.com/glitterati/images/2007/09/06/wachowskisiblings.jpg
http://www.foxnews.com/images/307394/0_61_wachowski_larry.jpg

Wheres the beef?
09-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah or thesmokinggun.

This is an outrage! I demand somebody do my investigative work for me.

superfiction
09-10-2007, 09:47 PM
for some reason that article was extremely interesting to me. and speed racer? fuck yeah ill see it

rage patton
09-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry, it wasn't Spin, it was Rolling Stone. Can't tell them apart these days...

The Mystery Of Larry Wachowski (http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/9138137/the_mystery_of_larry_wachowski)

Here's an article that says the sex change is a load of crap anyway. Normally, I would never believe Fox News, but the rumors that have popped up recently are identical to the ones that went around when Matrix II came out. In fact, I remember someone telling me "Yeah, I saw the new Matrix movie and it's credited to "The Wachowski's" because one of them is a chick now."

Fixed News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295909,00.html)

The guy's a perv, and likes to wear a dress, but I think that's about it. He doesn't even look like a girl, just a boy nerd in a girl nerd outfit. I can't believe this isn't on Snopes, true or false.

http://www.glitteratigossip.com/glitterati/images/2007/09/06/wachowskisiblings.jpg
http://www.foxnews.com/images/307394/0_61_wachowski_larry.jpg

Dude he... er, she... totally looks like woman. An ugly woman. But if I saw that walking down the street, I would think thats a woman.

for some reason that article was extremely interesting to me. and speed racer? fuck yeah ill see it

I wonder if Christina Ricci will play a drug addict in this movie too.

PotVsKtl
09-10-2007, 11:03 PM
Why the fuck would it be on Snopes? Dude wants to be a lady. It's not so uncommon as to be unbelievable. It's also old fucking news, he's been transgendering or whatever the fuck the process is for years.

M Sparks
09-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Why the fuck would it be on Snopes? Dude wants to be a lady. It's not so uncommon as to be unbelievable. It's also old fucking news, he's been transgendering or whatever the fuck the process is for years.

It should be on Snopes because every year or two, the same story goes around that he's had a sex change, and then it gets denied by someone else. It's been over 4 years now.

I'm not saying that it's absolutely false. It could be completely true. But it has all the earmarks of an urban legend, because it always has the same couple of details, with minor changes. (I'm going to use quotes here, even though they aren't direct quotes.)

"I saw the new Matrix movie, and the credits say "The Wachowskis", because one of them got a sex change."

So, after the DVD comes out and everyone can debunk it easily, it becomes...

"I heard that V For Vendetta says "The Wachowskis" because Larry got a sex change"

So THAT comes out, and it's not true. Then it becomes...

"I heard that they are going to go back and change the credits on their movies to "The Wachowskis", because..."

Now we have a detail that can't be disproven immediately, so it can linger for a while.

The most recent gossip columns say something even less specific, but still include that detail...

"I guess the PC thing to do is to just call them "The Wachowskis" now"

Here is the ACTUAL blog that started this again...

The duo will now just be known as "The Wachowskis", dropping the "brothers" part of their name. It is expected that Larry, now called Lana, will actually speak to the press about this for the first time, but not until after the Speed Racer film is out. The current feeling is that his sex change could hurt the family image the Speed Racer film is going for.

It is also expected that Andy will do all the press for the Speed Racer film, with Larry/Lana staying in the background for the above reason.

See, in this version, it's still in the future, so it can't be disproven immediately. One obvious mistake...The Wachowski's have NEVER done press for anything...in fact, I think it's in their contracts.

The same blog had a report a year ago that said Larry was now "Linda" and had left the industry completely. Funny how the story changes once a new Wachowski movie gets announced.

I've also seen some reports (can't find them now) that his divorce papers have a weird name on them- Laurenca. This is true, but only as an AKA...not as a legal name.

Again, maybe it's true, and I don't really care one way or another. I'm just really interested in Urban Legends and how they spread, and this one has all the signs.

As for him looking like an "ugly woman"...here he is as a man. Not really much difference...

http://www.nndb.com/people/585/000045450/larryw.jpg

EDIT-Also, the rumors usually include the detail that he will come out on "Dateline NBC". That goes back at least a year, maybe longer.

jackstraw94086
09-11-2007, 07:26 AM
You people fucking suck at intarwebbing.

The Larry Wachowksi sex change bullshit was exposed as a hoax long ago. The Wachowski brothers just don't do interviews so people in the media make shit up in attempts to drag them out. This shit happens all the time. He's been accused of having a sex change before, why the fuck would you people fall for it now? Larry's a bit eccentric, but Joel Silver confirmed recently in an interview with Fox News that it wasn't true.

KungFuJoe
09-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Sex change or no sex change I think "Speed Racer" is going to rock. Granted it has the possibilty of being a major suckfest, but on paper it looks great. Hiroyuki Sanada in a Wachowski's movie alone is enough to get me in the seats. I'm a fan of Christina Ricci & Emille Hirsch as well. Overall I think the casting is perfect and I really like the Wachowski's work. Bound & Matrix are great. Matrix 2 & 3 are not nearly as good as the original, but they still were enjoyable action flicks w/ some groundbreaking fx. I'll take those sequels over a Michael Bay flick any day. "V For Vendetta" was great too, although they didn't direct that. I'm very excited for "Speed Racer".

TomAz
09-11-2007, 07:55 AM
You people fucking suck at intarwebbing.

It never ceases to amaze me. The internet revolution is about putting information at our fingertips. And yet people still fall for hoaxes all the time. Maybe even more than before.

PotVsKtl
09-11-2007, 09:56 AM
The only news organization confirming it's a hoax is Fox News. Way to stay on top of investigative journalism Tom.

mountmccabe
09-11-2007, 10:09 AM
No way you just questioned Fox News!

TomAz
09-11-2007, 10:23 AM
The only news organization confirming it's a hoax is Fox News. Way to stay on top of investigative journalism Tom.

Right. cuz that's who interviewed Joel Silver. I don't think they held a press conference or anything.

jackstraw94086
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM

This isn't political editorial. It's straight from Joel Silver's mouth.

Stop putting tits on Larry, you sick fuck.