PDA

View Full Version : Underworld?

IdiotequeThom
09-10-2007, 06:25 AM
I couldn't go, but to those who went, How was Underworld last night?

suprefan
09-10-2007, 07:22 AM
http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13&page=204

Last page has a couple reviews enjoy

canexplain
09-10-2007, 08:17 AM
i am thinking of going to see them .. i havent seen them in years .. they were suppose to play red rocks here, but i see where it got moved to the fillmore ... dont know which is better, the rocks which is always fun, or the fillmore which will be of course much smaller .... moby is with them here too ... cr****

algunz
09-10-2007, 08:56 AM
They were great. Karl is just too much fucking fun to watch. I thought that Oakenfold was a little flat. How long has he had the long hair? I didn't recognize him at first. Anywho, Underworld was tons of fun. I would definitely go Ron. Damn, I wish Moby would have been on the bill last night. He's what started me raving, oh so many years ago.

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 08:56 AM
There's already a thread for this. All of you cut it the fuck out.

algunz
09-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Technically, that thread is for "upcoming shows," not reviews. So, go eat a bowl of dicks.

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, you make a good case. Does Panda Express serve dickbowls?

EDIT: Also, I was referring to this, hobag. http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11602&highlight=Underworld

Smooches.

J~$$$
09-10-2007, 09:29 AM
i am thinking of going to see them .. i havent seen them in years .. they were suppose to play red rocks here, but i see where it got moved to the fillmore ... dont know which is better, the rocks which is always fun, or the fillmore which will be of course much smaller .... moby is with them here too ... cr****

Bummer, people are going to be pissed.

canexplain
09-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Bummer, people are going to be pissed.

yep maybe, and i was wrong, its not moby but okenfold here too .... should be a good show though ... cr****

psychic friend
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
rez was too short imo

KenMixtape
09-10-2007, 12:24 PM
that show was soooo good.
our friends got us impossibly good garden box seats (well I've never been that close there). I enjoyed the fuck out of it.
And Paul Oakenfold needs to stop. Right now.
If I ever hear that Theme From Platoon trance mix again, I will seriously throw something at his stupid girl hair ass.

instinct
09-10-2007, 12:29 PM
Moby is playing with Underworld for the other shows? Damn, LA got jipped!! Oakensfold set was really short.. and nothing special.

algunz
09-10-2007, 12:41 PM
yep maybe, and i was wrong, its not moby but okenfold here too .... should be a good show though ... cr****

I think Ron corrected himself.

Moby>Oakenfold

brokenDREAMS
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm so thankful Underworld returned to form in a big way last night. They disappointed me last time around (wiltern '02) because they we're playing a lot of songs verbatim and not jazzing/mixing things up + it felt kind of weird not seeing Darren Emerson up there with them. I think having Darren Price up there with Rick on this tour was a wise choice. Again, amazing set list and energy (from the crowd as well) and lets hope GV can bring them back next spring in the desert!

randyrad
09-10-2007, 01:01 PM

Yeah - the move of the show sucks in my opinion, was really looking forward to the Red Rocks show and am debating getting my money back as it's close to a 6 hour round trip drive for me.

The only explanation I can think of is they sold less than 3,000 tickets.

algunz
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM
They had the Bowl practically sold out last night - that would surprise me.

rage patton
09-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I really hope Underworld are at Coachella next year, it sounds like this was a great show.

randyrad
09-10-2007, 01:38 PM
They had the Bowl practically sold out last night - that would surprise me.

I could be wrong on this but I think the capacity of the Fillmore in Denver is just over 3,000 - hence my comment.

Maybe Ron has better info?

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
... change your name.

bug on your lip
09-10-2007, 01:50 PM
i heart randyrad

psychic friend
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
soooooooooo much fun last night

randyrad
09-10-2007, 03:57 PM
From their myspace page...

We are very sorry about the change of venue for the Denver show and even more sorry about how the news has been broken.

It's come as a surprise and bitter disappointment to us also - it's been a dream to play Red Rocks for many many years.

The bottom line is that ticket sales for the Red Rocks show have been poor and for weeks we've been assured that sales would pick-up and that the show would go on. At this point we're unclear as to why, but at the end of the day we were not presented with any choice. It is disappointing to say the least, and responsibility for an honest explanation falls to us - but all those who purchased tickets and in some cases are planning long journeys to make this show are due some sort of explanation.

Thank you for your words of support.

Underworld HQ

luckyface
09-10-2007, 04:31 PM
You moron Coloradans ruined Underworld's day. I hope you are all happy.

fatbastard
09-10-2007, 04:46 PM
that show was soooo good.
our friends got us impossibly good garden box seats (well I've never been that close there). I enjoyed the fuck out of it.
And Paul Oakenfold needs to stop. Right now.
If I ever hear that Theme From Platoon trance mix again, I will seriously throw something at his stupid girl hair ass.

http://www.musicomh.com/interviews/paul-oakenfold.jpg

randyrad
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Hey - I've got extra tix I couldn't get rid of so this works out well for me, sort of.

I bought 6 as soon as I found out thinking it would sell out. I mean who wouldn't want to see Underworld at Red Rocks?

Anyway - only 4 of us going but I would have GLADLY eaten the $100+ for the two unused tickets just to see them at Red Rocks.

Sucks for everyone.

FUCK Clear Channel - cocksuckers.

bballarl
09-10-2007, 04:47 PM
I don't understand why people don't go see this group. They were great, they have great tunes, Karl dances, things are nice.

randyrad
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
This is a Colorado thing, I'm sure of it.

String Cheese Incident (YUCK) can sell out 4 nights at Red Rocks and Underworld gets moved to the Fillmore due to poor ticket sales - go figure.

bballarl
09-10-2007, 05:01 PM
Well, they also had poor attendance for a second show at the Warfield, on a Saturday night no less. Which just boggles my mind.

corbo
09-10-2007, 05:07 PM
couldnt go either. ugh! i hate paying for shows i end up not going to >_<

Beef Jerky
09-10-2007, 09:08 PM
lol ya fo realz Oakenfold's set was what...40min?
Underworld was great. Karl Hyde seemed like he was on crack.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v60/yummyboba/DSC02192.jpg

luckyface
09-10-2007, 09:18 PM
soooooooooo much fun last night

Just imagine how much fun they would be at Coachella next year. Wouldn't that be great?

Westy
09-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Born Slippy

qpkQ60byVhM

Westy
09-10-2007, 09:48 PM
_UAhBu-pqCo

bballarl
09-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Everyone went completely insane during Born Slippy when they dropped the drums in. It was great.

crazzz2007
09-11-2007, 12:12 AM
underworld was amazing. but i drunk way too much. some parts are a blur.

bballarl
09-11-2007, 06:12 PM
My in depth review:

Underworld totally killed it. I was lucky enough to have seats in the garden section so I was pretty close but it wouldn't have mattered. They sounded great, Karl was doing his usual dancing (which is really fun to watch and also makes me feel better about my own) and the place basically was moving the whole time. I would say the energy level picked up as soon as they started "Cowgirl". When the "everything everything" vocal loop started playing, the place really erupted for the first time all evening. "Born Slippy" was awesome, as videos in this thread have shown, and they encored with "Jumbo". I totally agree with Dani when she says "Rez" was too short. It should have been about 10 minutes longer than it was. And one guy from Bauhaus set next to us. Underworld seemed really pleased with the crowd reaction, and I don't think they wanted to stop.

Anyway, good crowd, good set, great show. I can't wait to see them again, whenever that may be. At least I have their live DVD to pacify me for the time being. Don't miss them in your town.

ThomThom
09-11-2007, 09:42 PM
It's about time bb!...Thank you.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Fucking amazing show last night...even though I missed the last 2 songs (Moaner and Jumbo). God, I really do hope they perform at Coachella next year....

fatbastard
09-13-2007, 07:39 AM
Karl makes the show. He seemed so humble and surprised that so many people are into their music. It seems to drive him even harder. His perfomance (workout) is the equivlant of watching someone run a marathon.

algunz
09-13-2007, 08:29 AM
He dances like he's making a jazzercise video. What a workout. Hey, Fatbastard maybe you should try the Karl Hyde system. ; )

fatbastard
09-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I just need to find the 3 minute version of King of Snake and the 90 second version Kiteless and I'll be off and running.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I am still bummed I missed Moaner and Jumbo though...the guys played for more the 2 hours and I had to be at work 5am the next day..but I would love to hear Juanita live....and you are right..his energy makes the show..

menikmati
09-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Theres a bootleg on DIME!!! Sourced from the assisted ear listening device, so quality should be pretty good, though it states there's a slight hiss in the background. Wooo...

brokenDREAMS
09-14-2007, 05:21 PM
found a presale for their new album (limited cd/dvd combo) at the dirty forum:

http://underworld.echospin.com

placed my order with a t-shirt package today. can't wait!!!

suprefan
09-14-2007, 05:33 PM
Theres a bootleg on DIME!!! Sourced from the assisted ear listening device, so quality should be pretty good, though it states there's a slight hiss in the background. Wooo...

Siiiick, are youdownloading? If you can give me the torrent link. Or will I get blocked if I try to acess it? I am sure the hiss cannot be horrible if the taper posted it.

menikmati
09-14-2007, 06:50 PM
You have to be a member of DIME to access it. The recording itself is from the in ear listening device...so there's no crowd noise, but the music itself isn't really heavy either...plus the hiss is there, but it's not a major deal. The only real problem is again the recording is kinda quiet, not really intense, but also is out of phase (but that can be corrected in any audio program).

KungFuJoe
09-16-2007, 06:29 PM
So it was months ago when i decided to sell my Hollywood Bowl tix & extend my stay in New York in order to catch UW at Central Park instead. I'm sad I couldn't go to both gigs because they were freaking amazing!!!! I seriously wish I could've driven up to Boston the very next day to see them again. It's for this simple fact that I seriously hope they headline the Sahara Tent at Coachella 2008!

At first I was not sure what the vibe was going to be in NY. Security seemed pretty tight getting in. My friend and I had our Contact Rewetting Drops taken away! WTF?! the lady watched us put drops in our eyes & still made us throw them out because "people can be creative these days". Whatever .... annoying. Also, you had to stand on line to get ID'd, then get on another line to purchase beer tickets & then another line to actually get your beers. F-ing ridiculous NY I tell ya!! Lines for the bathroom were insane as well.

Anyways, luckily the crowd was chill & really into it. My friend & I met some really cool people during the cours of the evening.

Festivities began at 6pm as James Holden took the stage & spun a beautiful set until 745. I've never heard his music before, but would definately love to see him on the Coachella bill in 2008 as well. He would fit perfect in either the dome or Sahara.

Underworld came on stage shortly after James Holden's set & f-ing killed it for 2+ hours. After seeing Faithless & Daft Punk this year I truly didn't think I could see any band top these two performers. UW certainly did. This was by far the best show I've been to all year. It's really hard to rank it above or compare it to Daft Punk, but the energy between the crowd & Underworld was phenomenal. Much like the first time I saw Daft Punk at Coachella 06. It was great to see a New York crowd actually get into a show & not just stand there scratching their beards. The whole place was jumping from beginnning to ened & you could tell that UW was overwhelmed with joy by the response. Truly epic show!!

I believe this was the setlist:

Luetin
Dark Train
"HMH Untitled-2" improv
Crocodile
Improv
Pearl's Girl
Improv
Beautiful Burnout
Two Months Off
Rowla (!)
5 Foot 5
Glam Bucket
Improv
Rez/Cowgirl
Small Conker and a Twix
Born Slippy .NUXX
King of Snake
Jumbo

goodgrl
09-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I agree!!! I couldn't beleive they played for over 2 hrs. I was
completely overwhelmed by all the energy. I was getting kind of nervous
during holden's set it was very mellow and the crowd seemed a little restless.
Once UW hit the stage, it was non stop dancing,jumping,and cheering!
My calves still hurt.
After the show all I thought to myself was, they have to play coachella.
UW might possibly overthrow Daft and become the new kings of the sahara.

rage patton
09-16-2007, 09:33 PM
UW might possibly overthrow Daft and become the new kings of the sahara.

Underworld play in a giant pyramid too?

algunz
09-16-2007, 10:41 PM
No, but they got giant blow-up glo-stix. That's gotta count for sumthin.

suprefan
09-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Underworld play in a giant pyramid too?

A pyramid is just a pyramid. Does make them the ultimate just because of it? UW is really amazing. I caught a little bit of them in 2003 and it was crazy. Of course all the old school Coach peoel will attest to the other oaccsions when Underworld grace the polo fields and say that it was good.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Underworld for Coachella 2008!!! Seriously, I think we can all but gtd them to be there. New Album? And Karl loves the festival so why not?

Somewhat Damaged
09-17-2007, 08:10 PM
Their set in '03 ranked among my top 5 shows ever for more than a few years. I had been rolling and dancing for hours and sometime near the end of Deep Dish's set, my right thigh started cramping. I went to the medical tent and limped over to the main stage to see the opening of Iggy and the Stooges. I hadn't actually heard of Underworld at that point but the massive crowd flooding the Sahara tent got me intrigued. I went in and even with the pain I felt in my leg, I danced till the end of their set. The energy in the tent was just so phenomenal and I've been waiting patiently for them to make a return appearance ever since.

KungFuJoe
10-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Anyone watching their live video stream from the Roundhouse, happening right now?!!

http://www.underworldlive.com/live-on-air.html

you need quicktime7

Tylerdurden31
10-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Anyone watching their live video stream from the Roundhouse, happening right now?!!

http://www.underworldlive.com/live-on-air.html

you need quicktime7

doot doo doo

suprefan
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
works for me, oooooh very nice.

KungFuJoe
10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Works for me too. Of course I spent a good 20 minutes updating my quicktime. Sounds good though.

suprefan
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
It looks as though they are selling a live cd of this afetr its done, that should be cool. Takes me back right to last month seeing them.

Tylerdurden31
10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
if I miss Coachella...I'm probably gonna miss them...if I miss them...I'll be sad...

KungFuJoe
10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
It looks as though they are selling a live cd of this afetr its done, that should be cool. Takes me back right to last month seeing them.

yes. I believe they have live cd's of some of the other shows they performed recently. However, I don't think any of their shows in the USA are available right now.

ps: i jinxed myself. just lost sound.

edit: got sound back by clicking on the link they provided if you're having trouble.

suprefan
10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I am suprised there are no glowsticks flying around.

xleslie
10-17-2007, 01:17 PM
they better be at Coachella.

KungFuJoe
10-17-2007, 01:18 PM
they better be at Coachella.

I sure hope so. Closing out the Main Stage on Saturday would be ideal.

suprefan
10-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Naw, they will keep em in the Sahara. they wont do another Tiesto type move and give em like an hour and change on the main. I fully expect them to bust out another 2 hour set easy.

KungFuJoe
10-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Naw, they will keep em in the Sahara. they wont do another Tiesto type move and give em like an hour and change on the main. I fully expect them to bust out another 2 hour set easy.

If they're going to bust out a two hour set at Coachella I'll take them on any stage. I really don't mind, as long as they are there.

luckyface
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM
if I miss Coachella...I'm probably gonna miss them...if I miss them...I'll be sad...

You better go.

KungFuJoe
10-17-2007, 01:42 PM
For those of you that miss the 1st broadcast, Underworld will be doing this live stream for the next two days.

Underworld, Live from the Roundhouse, London
Broadcast Directed by Simon Taylor (tomato)
In partnership with Roundhouse Studios

When?
Wednesday 17th;
Thursday 18th;
and Friday 19th October 2007

Broadcast "live" from 8pm UK (3pm ET, 12noon PT, 4am +1 Japan)
Underworld on stage by 9pm UK (4pm ET, 1pm PT, 5am +1 Japan)

Where?
Exclusively from www.underworldlive.com

What do I need?
A computer running QuickTime on a broadband internet connection

fatbastard
10-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Why do people always sell glowsticks after shows?

orbit
10-17-2007, 03:14 PM

I hope they do another Tiesto type move and get the Chemical Brothers on main stage.

algunz
10-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Why do people always sell glowsticks after shows?

After party, baby.

xbnmx
10-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Why the hell would you ever want an act on the main stage unless it was someone you didn't want to see?

buymarshon
10-18-2007, 12:30 AM
YES i really want Underworld in the Sahara tent closing one of the nights..

KungFuJoe
10-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Anyone watching today? I just put it on & it seems to be a bit different of a set. I'm sure each day will be slightly different. Anywhoo, I'm going to stream it and fall asleep, because it is my bedtime.

goodgrl
11-04-2007, 07:00 AM
http://www.underworldlive.com/events

anyone see this?

IdiotequeThom
11-04-2007, 08:46 AM
http://www.underworldlive.com/events

anyone see this?

wow, "severe illness"

KungFuJoe
11-04-2007, 10:09 AM
yes we can only pray that it's not sooo severe that they will never be able to play again. I hope they get their health back soon and can play Coachella.

paulb
11-04-2007, 12:10 PM
i just saw that link...saw they were playing I Love Techno 2007....did u see the lineup? That is sick as fuck...all tons of my fav artists...Mstrkrft, Justice, Digitalism, Felix Da Housecat, Erol Alkan, Boys Noize, Simian Mobile Disco, klaxons, and what would have been Underworld.

betao
11-04-2007, 12:33 PM
damn, id love to go.