PDA

View Full Version : The trainwreck that is the VMA's tonight...

C DUB YA
09-09-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't know why I bother to tune in, but this show continues to amaze me on how God awful it can be. It might be the worst thing I've seen on TV, I see some staff firings on those who produced this turd. Sooo soooo bad!

Here's a first hour re-cap (I can't stomach anymore)

1. Britney Spears, wow, just when you thought she couldn't sabatage herself anymore... she is exposed as being as stupid and fucking worthless as most of have always seen her as. Question, why does one even wear that stupid fucking headset mic when you don't fucking sing a note. It's not like she got out of breath dancing. It looked like a fucking rehersal. People should boycott the shit of anything with her name on it. In fact, punch her in the fucking mouth if you see her.

2. Fall Out Boy wins over White Stripes... uh huh. yeaaaaaah.

3. Justin Timberlake calling MTV out for not "playing" music vids anymore, nice.

4. The Foos actually sounded great, too bad the frantic editing and camera work ruined it. I think we got one minute of the overall performance.

5. The countless lame ass promos for SHIT shows on MTV (Hills, Neptune Harbour or whatever the fuck it's called, and the half dozen other not-really-reality reality shows they have on 24-7).

6. Chris Brown. Sure the kid can dance, but he did the MJ dance from 20 years ago, step for step no less. Another win for orginality! Again, me dance - so I must lip sync. Jesus I think every person featured on here has many "others" to thank for their current product they happen to be pimpin.

Anyone else wanna vent?

menikmati
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
what song did Foos do? The Pretender shit?

C DUB YA
09-09-2007, 07:37 PM
We got a little clip of The Pretender and then a small clip of a cover with Cee-Lo singing, but I couldn't make it out?

Seriously - about 45 seconds of screen time total.

I'm sure someone else knows what they played....

JustSteve
09-09-2007, 08:03 PM
nice to see justin timberlake call out mtv and rip on them for showing those shitty "reality" shows and no videos, especially right in front of the stupid "hills" girls.

and what is this i keep hearing about a fight between kid rock and tommy lee? what a bitchslap fest...

captncrzy
09-09-2007, 08:17 PM
They're about to rerun it. I'm front and center to see the Brittney mess.

summerkid
09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
i thought it just started...

captncrzy
09-09-2007, 08:21 PM
Biggest. Mess. Ever.

She almost fell three times. 50 Cent looked really confused. And I think Rhianna and the lady with her were laughing at the whole thing. And she forgot to lip synch while she was dancing.

But Sara Silverman did walk out to a Daft Punk piece.

RotationSlimWang
09-09-2007, 08:41 PM
My buddy Voodoo produces some house shit out here and heard from a friend of his who works at Jive that their standard payment for a remix of a Britney song is like 25 grand, so he started working on one. It's tremendously fucking gay, but pretty good at it, and he's been slaving away all weekend to have it ready on Monday. He was really hoping Brit would pull through tonight.

Oh well.

noisemachine
09-09-2007, 08:49 PM
I'll watch it while I do laundry just out of morbid curiosity. Starts in about 10 minutes on the west coast.

RotationSlimWang
09-09-2007, 09:03 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

What were they thinking letting her out of the cage? Wow, that was... painful.

summerkid
09-09-2007, 09:05 PM
OH MY FUCKING GOD.

What were they thinking letting her out of the cage? Wow, that was... painful.

wow it really really was she looked lost on stage.

noisemachine
09-09-2007, 09:06 PM
Yeah that was pretty pathetic, and she wasn't even trying to make the lip-syncing look convincing. At least there is Sarah Silverman....

marooko
09-09-2007, 09:27 PM
sarahs impression of britts vag was fucking funny.

noone ever laughs at her jokes. sucks.

miscorrections
09-09-2007, 09:33 PM
oh goddamnit, i was hoping she wouldn't perform until the end. i just got back from work and i was hoping to see britney crash and burn.

marooko
09-09-2007, 09:34 PM
she wasnt even moving fast enough to crash and burn.

miscorrections
09-09-2007, 09:36 PM
i'm so sad that i missed it.

marooko
09-09-2007, 09:38 PM
im sad i watched it.

noisemachine
09-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Why are they using a sample of a crappy rendition of Radiohead's "Just" to promote all the shitty MTV reality shows? And Justice seems to be the intro music of choice for all the presenters.

Mr.Nipples
09-09-2007, 09:45 PM
fuck that show...

xleslie
09-09-2007, 09:46 PM
for those who misses britney's amazing performance...tmz has a clip up already

http://www.tmz.com/tmz_main_video?titleid=1173355354

ewiggy
09-09-2007, 09:52 PM
wait a second - tmz has a clip of 50 cent throwing money and then people running through water to go grab it.

what the fuck?

did the VMAs flood?

there is a joke about britney and tears in here, but i can't get to it.

noisemachine
09-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I want to thank this MTV award show for confirming my belief that 99.9% of popular rap artists are the most untalented pricks on the face of this planet.

Edit: Also, anyone featured in an MTV reality show is also a worthless piece of shit.

Mr.Nipples
09-09-2007, 10:01 PM
a friend of mine was on a show called 12 angry jurors if anyone remembers...

Wheres the beef?
09-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Last night they played a bit of Kanye's Harder Better Faster (but it was the Daft Punk part) when going to commercial in the NASCAR race. I thought that was nice.

betao
09-09-2007, 10:11 PM
I want to thank this MTV award show for confirming my belief that 99.9% of popular rap artists are the most untalented pricks on the face of this planet.

Edit: Also, anyone featured in an MTV reality show is also a worthless piece of shit.

are you saying you dont like laffy taffy? cuz i myself love me some laffy taffy!

[/sarcasm]

Abe Lincoln
09-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Britney dances like the midgets in Time Bandits...

leo01g
09-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Fall Out Boy better than The White Stripes? does a fucking monkey pick the winner? i dont get it.

DeltaSigChi4
09-09-2007, 11:00 PM
NOTE TO ALL VIACOM PERSONNEL:

Leave my city. Leave now. Don't ever come back. I hope you all die within the year so you never bring this shit here again. I hate each and everyone of you. You prove that the terrorists have won. You prove that Usama was right when he said we should covert to Islam. Please die.

Sincerely,

E

leo01g
09-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Not to be an ass but dude its Osama

leo01g
09-09-2007, 11:08 PM
wait you're right too

Ill_Eagle
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/we-calls-dis-coordinaytin.jpg

leo01g
Its spelled both ways

suprefan
09-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Kanye West tantrum part 2

LAS VEGAS - Sour grapes from Kanye West — again. Shut out at the Video Music Awards, Kanye West threw a tantrum Sunday night in front of media and crew backstage as the MTV show was ending.

West, waiting for an elevator in a crowded hallway, began yelling about losing all five categories for which he was nominated.

"That's two years in a row, man ... give a black man a chance," West said, stomping around his entourage and directing his comments at a reporter. "I'm trying hard man, I have the ... number one record, man."

West said he never will return to MTV.

The rapper was nominated for five awards, including male artist of the year. This is the latest in a series of awards show outburst for West. Last year, he crashed the stage at the MTV Europe Awards after not winning for best video

superfiction
09-09-2007, 11:29 PM
ok. lets face it thoguh. stronger was easliy the second best video up for nomination. that rihanna video isnt even good. i jsut wanted to see kid and tommy go at it. i feel cheated

breakjaw
09-09-2007, 11:33 PM
MTV hates black people.
Wait,Rihanna is black,isn't she?
MTV hates Kanye.

PassiveTheory
09-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Ah, justice for Kanye West... just not in the form of Justice.

Gonna watch this replay JUST to see the stupid look on his face when he loses again.

superfiction
09-09-2007, 11:37 PM
dude im sick of all the hate on Ye. the dude is talented. i think he gets shafted too. rihanna blows. he's a nice guy in person. and makes sick ass beats. so honestly who cares if the guy is a little outspoken/a sore loser. are you perfect?

tessalasset
09-09-2007, 11:52 PM
who CARES. it's fucking mtv. this isn't the grammys. i don't get why kanye west even gives a shit about the vmas. to me he acts like he's better than that shit. not that he is, but he acts like it. he is a whiny baby who needs to stop making music just so he can get awards for it and start making music for the sake of making music.

whynotsmile99
09-09-2007, 11:55 PM
the difference between kanye and riahanna is i would love to have sex with rihanna and not kanye.

i love being drunk on the internet

All That I Am
09-10-2007, 12:03 AM
Ok, i'm gonna sadly admit i saw this steaming pile of shit.

First off, Brit, Girl why do you have to lipsync a song when you're moving slower than geriatric doing Tai-chi?

I think the director had ADD, it was like a jump cut here and a jump cut to there and I didn't know what the fuck was going on.
and could that audience be any more dead, they all seemed hungover.
and who comes up with the categories? it was lame i wouldnt' have been surprised if they gave one out to the most monkies in a video

noisemachine
09-10-2007, 12:08 AM
who CARES. it's fucking mtv. this isn't the grammys.
The grammys have become just as bad as the mtv awards. Award shows in general suck and are ultimately just about money and spectacle and not about the art.

PassiveTheory
09-10-2007, 12:30 AM
Yeah, but the Grammys at least give the impression of being somewhat about the art of music...

Kanye West didn't get shafter, he just lost (and no amount of blaming it on the color of his skin or otherwise can change this), and unfortunately, he couldn't (and never has) handle it as well as the other losers, which makes him a huge fucking crybaby. It's a shame when a man's actions speak louder than his art, but it's true in Kanye's case, I mean, if he acted this strongly in a positive pursuit, maybe it would rub off the impression that he's now only into making music for shit accolades...

suprefan
09-10-2007, 12:32 AM
I wonder where the Ed Banger party is at, and on a side note, what did everyone think of The Pearl?

PassiveTheory
09-10-2007, 12:32 AM
I stopped watching the show, what the fuck is the Pearl?

xleslie
09-10-2007, 12:35 AM
I wonder where the Ed Banger party is at, and on a side note, what did everyone think of The Pearl?

http://www.frankichan.com/website/justiceovervegas_poster.gif

Wheres the beef?
09-10-2007, 01:09 AM
who CARES. it's fucking mtv. this isn't the grammys. i don't get why kanye west even gives a shit about the vmas. to me he acts like he's better than that shit. not that he is, but he acts like it. he is a whiny baby who needs to stop making music just so he can get awards for it and start making music for the sake of making music.

you give the grammys too much credit. come on now.

summerkid
09-10-2007, 02:14 AM
yet again MTV proves that they aren't about the music, but the spectacle didn't even show full performances just small snippets other than a select few. No highlights here.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 05:12 AM
a friend of mine was on a show called 12 angry jurors if anyone remembers...

Nope...and I had a friend on another show that lasted about a week. I think it was called FM Nation.

I also knew a couple people on Bands On The Run, but I don't know if that was on MTV or VH1. It was actually about music, so probably not MTV.

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Why are they using a sample of a crappy rendition of Radiohead's "Just" to promote all the shitty MTV reality shows? And Justice seems to be the intro music of choice for all the presenters.

That would be the VMA DJ of the night - Mark Ronson.

His cover/remix of the Smiths is laughable.

Oh and Justice shoulda won best video, it was the one that actually had some creative merit. Sure Kanye's looked nice, who gives a shit though, so what it cost a gazillion dollas? Where's the really cool conceptual videos? We all know they exsist. MTV even did away with the breakthough video award. How dumb is that? Those fuckers at MTV owe their success on stuff like Ah Ha's scribbles, Spike Jonze's work, Michel Gondry, Chris Cunningham, etc... They pay everything back by getting rid of the award that really meant something. MTV just is there to celebrate excess and talentless hacks, who only know to flash their vaginas and/or bling.

That's all there is to it.

fatbastard
09-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Trust me, Kanye will pull a John McCain and return back.

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 06:53 AM
I listen to a lot of talk radio in the morning.

It's amazing how much talk is about how bad the VMA's have become? Seriously, every show, every channe,l mentioned something negative about it. Whether it was the fight between Kid Rock & Tommy Lee, or Britney's continued debacle, the frantic editing and style of the show, or the fact nothing resembling rock music won anything (I don't count Gym Class Heroes), it was all bad press for a station that gets nothing but bad press these days.

Wake up.

Makes you wonder if/when MTV will ever get the message?

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 07:02 AM
Wow - this shed some light on things. This president of MTV is a J-O-K-E.

Check her out and her lack of knowing the real problems with the channel, she's never owned a decent record in her life, me bets.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20644179/

When Rolling Stone says you suck...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/09/09/2007-vma-live-blog/

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 07:05 AM
Kanye's gone beyond the pale, I don't think that messiah complex is ever coming back to Earth, and apparently he's not interested in making a fucking uptempo song anymore either. DAMN SLOW RAP, I say.

These fucking shows have flown right over the goddamn shark, it is true. But honestly, what is MTV anymore? This particular show is already tantamount to a fucking joke played on the whole network as MTV DOESN'T FUCKING PLAY VIDEOS ANYMORE. How can anyone vote on this shit when there's no way to see the videos? I practically guarantee that Justice's DANCE video has never seen the light of regular rotation on the half-hour or hour a day that MTV might theoretically actually play them. Is TRL still on the air, 'cause if so that's probably the only place you can go to to see 45 second snippets of the same 10 shitty videos week in week out.

I know we're beating a dead horse here, but seriously--this show just reconfirmed what a laughing stock the network that was once the zeitgeist of the youth community has become. Back in the 80s when MTV first came out I'm pretty sure that young people--and by which I mean teenagers AS WELL AS everyone in their twenties--practically always watched MTV if they were at a house that got the station. Maybe it's just having read too many Bret Easton Ellis books, but that's the way I remember it. Granted, TV pretty much sucked back then in particular any time before primetime, but either way I get the impression that if you were under 30 you spent at least 50 percent of your TV time watching MTV whether or not you liked the video playing at the moment.

But now who the fuck watches that shit that's over the age of 16, let alone 20? Lord knows I haven't met anyone that referenced watching something other than Jackass, Wonder Showzen (meh), and maybe Andy Milowhatever (ugh) in fucking years. What went wrong? Is it even that they don't play music anymore that drove everyone away? And why in the FUCK did they start up MTV2 with the promise of "MTV playing videos again" only to turn it into a revolving schedule of 2 hour blocks of those shows?

Somebody shoot these fucking people already. Kennedy is rolling over in her career's grave as we speak.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 07:46 AM
For a while, I was DVRing MTV one night a week from like 2-5am. Then I'd scan through it on the weekend and watch the 2 or 3 vids I was interested in.

Last time I did that, I saw that backward Mute Math video. They have pretty good variety overnight, but it's still 70% garbage hip-hop.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh, and Time magazine published a list of the top 100 TV shows of all time recently. One of them was "MTV, 1981-1992".

noisemachine
09-10-2007, 07:55 AM
Is Subterranean still on MTV2? Last time I watched it it was on at 1am Sunday nights and was the only time they would play indie videos and really the only worthwhile show in any MTV channel's current lineup. Pretty ridiculous they push it back to an hour that most people aren't even awake in.

bug on your lip
09-10-2007, 08:20 AM
give a black man a chance

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 08:21 AM
I would, but I really can't afford to have my TV stolen again.

*rimshot*

*groan*

tessalasset
09-10-2007, 08:38 AM
you give the grammys too much credit. come on now.when the grammys is our highest music honor, what else am i to do?

J~$$$
09-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I went out and got a mint chip ice cream cone from 31 flavas. It was good.

DeltaSigChi4
09-10-2007, 08:41 AM
It's poprap they play, not hiphop, you stupid fuck.

And what the hell do you call that monstrosity on the radio?> That shit that sounds like a warped godforsaken disco song. Make me stronger or whatever the fuck it is. Fuck Kanye West and his shit poprap that makes me want to put a bullet in his head. If you listen to Kanye West, you seek the destruction of hiphop. You probably listen to Gym Class Heroes as well.

E

captncrzy
09-10-2007, 08:44 AM
Howard Stern's rant on the shittiness of the whole thing and the shittiness of the current music scene in general this morning was classic.

luckyface
09-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Kanye West is such a fucking pussy (http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003637375)

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
It's poprap they play, not hiphop, you stupid fuck.

And what the hell do you call that monstrosity on the radio?> That shit that sounds like a warped godforsaken disco song. Make me stronger or whatever the fuck it is. Fuck Kanye West and his shit poprap that makes me want to put a bullet in his head. If you listen to Kanye West, you seek the destruction of hiphop. You probably listen to Gym Class Heroes as well.

Oh...that's why everyone hates you. I couldn't figure it out for a while.

I assume you're talking to me, since I'm the only person to use the phrase "hip hop" in the last 20 posts or so. Maybe if you knew how to use the quote button, it would be a little clearer.

Whatever it is they're playing, it sucks. Sub-literate retards putting gold rims on their cars and diamonds on their teeth while their illegitimate kids starve. Why should I care what genre label people (specifically you) want to put on it. Shit is shit.

I don't know what "monstrocity" you are refering to. I don't listen to "the radio" except talk radio, and Fred or XMU on XM. My exposure to Kanye West consists of that awful grunting he did during The Police's set at Live Earth. That's all I know of him. Maybe if you could focus for 5 seconds, you'd see that you're just yelling at people at random. I know the meth makes it difficult.

And I've never heard Gym Class Heroes either, although I know one of them looks like the guy from frickin House Party.

I'm sorry you woke up grouchy because your mom didn't suck you off last night. Maybe, to corrupt the words of Shepard Smith, she should "give you a curb job instead of a blow job". Then we'd all be a lot happier, and this board would be just a little less stupid.

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 10:02 AM
In all due fairness, I'm grumpy because E's mom didn't suck me off last night too.

Just kidding, E. Sic balls!

marooko
09-10-2007, 10:05 AM
kanye west needs to die.

i kinda feel bad for brit. yeah, her performance was a joke, but i think she's in much better shape than 90% of the people watching last night. they're eating her up and crapping her out.

anti-square
09-10-2007, 10:10 AM
she asked for it. She's probably a cutter...

JustSteve
09-10-2007, 10:11 AM
i liked when jennifer garner announced the winner of best group or whatever as "gym class fallout". i hope she did that on purpose.

rage patton
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
We got a little clip of The Pretender and then a small clip of a cover with Cee-Lo singing, but I couldn't make it out?

Seriously - about 45 seconds of screen time total.

I'm sure someone else knows what they played....

Wait... did you say the Foo Fights did a song with Cee-Lo??? If so, that is awesome!

anti-square
09-10-2007, 10:13 AM
It would be better if she didn't. How irrelevant are they?

fatbastard
09-10-2007, 10:14 AM
Kanye's gone beyond the pale, I don't think that messiah complex is ever coming back to Earth, and apparently he's not interested in making a fucking uptempo song anymore either. DAMN SLOW RAP, I say.

These fucking shows have flown right over the goddamn shark, it is true. But honestly, what is MTV anymore? This particular show is already tantamount to a fucking joke played on the whole network as MTV DOESN'T FUCKING PLAY VIDEOS ANYMORE. How can anyone vote on this shit when there's no way to see the videos? I practically guarantee that Justice's DANCE video has never seen the light of regular rotation on the half-hour or hour a day that MTV might theoretically actually play them. Is TRL still on the air, 'cause if so that's probably the only place you can go to to see 45 second snippets of the same 10 shitty videos week in week out.

I know we're beating a dead horse here, but seriously--this show just reconfirmed what a laughing stock the network that was once the zeitgeist of the youth community has become. Back in the 80s when MTV first came out I'm pretty sure that young people--and by which I mean teenagers AS WELL AS everyone in their twenties--practically always watched MTV if they were at a house that got the station. Maybe it's just having read too many Bret Easton Ellis books, but that's the way I remember it. Granted, TV pretty much sucked back then in particular any time before primetime, but either way I get the impression that if you were under 30 you spent at least 50 percent of your TV time watching MTV whether or not you liked the video playing at the moment.

But now who the fuck watches that shit that's over the age of 16, let alone 20? Lord knows I haven't met anyone that referenced watching something other than Jackass, Wonder Showzen (meh), and maybe Andy Milowhatever (ugh) in fucking years. What went wrong? Is it even that they don't play music anymore that drove everyone away? And why in the FUCK did they start up MTV2 with the promise of "MTV playing videos again" only to turn it into a revolving schedule of 2 hour blocks of those shows?

Somebody shoot these fucking people already. Kennedy is rolling over in her career's grave as we speak.

Sucess for drinking party in the 80's.
Beers
1 Tall glass
1 quarter
Women
Pot
Ciggerrates
1 TV with a "Select" or "On" box with MTV access

It's horrible to see what it has become.

fatbastard
09-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Is Subterranean still on MTV2? Last time I watched it it was on at 1am Sunday nights and was the only time they would play indie videos and really the only worthwhile show in any MTV channel's current lineup. Pretty ridiculous they push it back to an hour that most people aren't even awake in.

I have not seen Subterranean i.e. 120 minutes for a few weeks. The TV screen looks like CNBC on the weeks it does play (multiple logos and info displaying during videos). Just like radio today, the videos are the commercial and the commecrials are the show.

JustSteve
09-10-2007, 10:17 AM
Wait... did you say the Foo Fights did a song with Cee-Lo??? If so, that is awesome!

they did a song with cee-lo, mastodon, and a couple with lemmy. of course we only saw about 45 seconds of each. the performances were taped on friday, too, so they weren't even "live" technically.

i think they did "kashmir" with mastodon and josh from queens, "holiday in cambodia" with the singer of system of a down, "shake your blood" and "overkill" with lemmy fucking kilmister, and "darling nikkki" by prince with cee-lo. that's the suposed list, but i didn't pay attention long enough to see what aired. what a fuckin' rad room to be in, though, if you were lucky enough!

found this link with all of the foo performances in their entirety: http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1568781&vid=174582

my dream night: 2 bottles of jack, one for me and one for lemmy.

summerkid
09-10-2007, 10:36 AM

they were covering Prince's Darling Nikki and they only fucking showed 45 seconds of it, it was fucking bullshit. The only performers that they actually showed were Britney and Chris Brown and I guess Nelly Furtardo with Timberlake and Timbaland. They showed Kanye performing the Good Life but they cut that off too.

JustSteve
09-10-2007, 10:42 AM
look at the post above for a link to mtv with the full performances!

summerkid
09-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Man the Foo Fighters pulled out all the stops last night and they only got shown in 45 second intervals. God damn it i hate MTV so much how fucking dumb are they?

Edit: If they played Coachella next year with this set list and these guests I would be all for them playing.

J~$$$
09-10-2007, 10:59 AM
93.2% of the people watching that foo fighters set had no clue what the fuck they were doing there.

PotVsKtl
The Foo Fighters fellate baboons in telephone booths.

ThomThom
Kanye's bitchy attitude and gigantic mouth are just one enormous marketing scheme. I just listen to SOME of his song's and move forward. Everybody else should do the same. Stop reading articles about him, watching/listening to his interviews. It should come down to whether or not you like him as a musician/artist. Fuck all of the shenanigans. Just saw that Britney performance...man that was hysterical! And apparently Timbaland was the director of this years awards show...That explains alot.

J~$$$
09-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Holiday in Cambodia? covered by System of a down?

EDIT: NM yes it was. His voice wants makes me want to punch a cat.

J~$$$
09-10-2007, 11:05 AM
poor lemmy.

ThomThom
09-10-2007, 11:07 AM
That didn't even look like a Foo Fighters performance, I think I actually saw them for less then 30 seconds...Pathetic MTV, just pathetic.

canexplain
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
i liked when jennifer garner announced the winner of best group or whatever as "gym class fallout". i hope she did that on purpose.

i heard that too .... i think she was trying to say, that gym class was at the fallout boys party and were playing there .... shes cute enough, she can get a little tongue tied ... cr****

hangthedj112
09-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Kanye's bitchy attitude and gigantic mouth are just one enormous marketing scheme. I just listen to SOME of his song's and move forward. Everybody else should do the same. Stop reading articles about him, watching/listening to his interviews. It should come down to whether or not you like him as a musician/artist. Fuck all of the shenanigans. Just saw that Britney performance...man that was hysterical! And apparently Timbaland was the director of this years awards show...That explains alot.

Totally, it's not like Kanye's music contains more of his rambling about how great & rich he is or anything.

summerkid
09-10-2007, 11:11 AM
Kanye's bitchy attitude and gigantic mouth are just one enormous marketing scheme.

This is true

sDTUNCLaPco

n_z-shZL1KU

I think he's actually a pretty quiet guy who is just a little insecure.

J~$$$
09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
hahahahahahaha

luckyface
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM

I assume you're talking to me, since I'm the only person to use the phrase "hip hop" in the last 20 posts or so. Maybe if you knew how to use the quote button, it would be a little clearer.

Whatever it is they're playing, it sucks. Sub-literate retards putting gold rims on their cars and diamonds on their teeth while their illegitimate kids starve. Why should I care what genre label people (specifically you) want to put on it. Shit is shit.

I don't know what "monstrocity" you are refering to. I don't listen to "the radio" except talk radio, and Fred or XMU on XM. My exposure to Kanye West consists of that awful grunting he did during The Police's set at Live Earth. That's all I know of him. Maybe if you could focus for 5 seconds, you'd see that you're just yelling at people at random. I know the meth makes it difficult.

And I've never heard Gym Class Heroes either, although I know one of them looks like the guy from frickin House Party.

I'm sorry you woke up grouchy because your mom didn't suck you off last night. Maybe, to corrupt the words of Shepard Smith, she should "give you a curb job instead of a blow job". Then we'd all be a lot happier, and this board would be just a little less stupid.

Just ignore him. He tries to piss everyone off. This is his shtick, and it is really fucking lame.

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM

Yeah it was a cover - the title of which escapes me...

anyone?

captncrzy
09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
she asked for it. She's probably a cutter...

Fuck you.

summerkid
09-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah it was a cover - the title of which escapes me...

anyone?

they did two covers the desert sessions I Wanna Make it Wit Chu and Prince's Darling Nikki.

ThomThom
09-10-2007, 11:27 AM
Totally, it's not like Kanye's music contains more of his rambling about how great & rich he is or anything.

I just listen to SOME of his song's and move forward

Mr.Nipples
09-10-2007, 11:28 AM
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/RetardoTronFiveThousand/whocares1.jpg

Ardentbiscuit
09-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Just dreadful...

Any artist that wins a VMA should be asked to leave the music business immediately.

I think Gym Class Heroes suck. I hate that song where they took the lyrics from Supertramp.

Ugh...and the way they had the performances scattered around in private suites along with different winners. That means if you were at the show there was no way you could see the whole thing live. That's just lame.

And Britney's performance was worse that when I got stuck in San Diego in a hotel with a metal cover band playing "Crazy Train" during a really lame graduation.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Just ignore him. He tries to piss everyone off. This is his shtick, and it is really fucking lame.

Oh, I will now...just havin some fun.

J~$$$
09-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Just dreadful...

Any artist that wins a VMA should be asked to leave the music business immediately.

I think Gym Class Heroes suck. I hate that song where they took the lyrics from Supertramp.

Ugh...and the way they had the performances scattered around in private suites along with different winners. That means if you were at the show there was no way you could see the whole thing live. That's just lame.

And Britney's performance was worse that when I got stuck in San Diego in a hotel with a metal cover band playing "Crazy Train" during a really lame graduation.

Why did you watch it then?

Ardentbiscuit
09-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I'm lame. :(

luveebunni08
09-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Britney dances like the midgets in Time Bandits...

she really does! i don't like britney spears, mainly because she's an idiot, but she's been a performer since she was what? 10! poory played.

luveebunni08
09-10-2007, 12:08 PM
also, fall out boy over white stripes? i'm not surprised, just disgusted.

DeltaSigChi4
09-10-2007, 12:45 PM

tl;dr

Also, you're an idiot.

E

rage patton
09-10-2007, 12:55 PM
they did a song with cee-lo, mastodon, and a couple with lemmy. of course we only saw about 45 seconds of each. the performances were taped on friday, too, so they weren't even "live" technically.

i think they did "kashmir" with mastodon and josh from queens, "holiday in cambodia" with the singer of system of a down, "shake your blood" and "overkill" with lemmy fucking kilmister, and "darling nikkki" by prince with cee-lo. that's the suposed list, but i didn't pay attention long enough to see what aired. what a fuckin' rad room to be in, though, if you were lucky enough!

found this link with all of the foo performances in their entirety: http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1568781&vid=174582

my dream night: 2 bottles of jack, one for me and one for lemmy.

When I am able to, I will have to watch that later. That sounds awesome. I especially wanna hear their version of Holiday in Cambodia with Serj!

marooko
09-10-2007, 01:03 PM

i didnt even exactly hear what he said, i just know he wasnt happy that brit opened. i assume he thinks he should have. i cant stand him, or his music and will support none of it in any way.

superfiction
09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
the desert sessions I Wanna Make it Wit Chu

its now a qotsa song. though i do lke the desert sessions version better

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Apparently Britney broke down crying as soon as she came of the stage. Strangely enough, her performance had me in tears only 30 seconds in.

captncrzy
09-10-2007, 01:41 PM
I wonder where she'll rank in the 2008 Celebrity Deadpool?

JustSteve
09-10-2007, 01:45 PM

all the performances in the suites were filmed on friday night. anyone notice how it was completely dark outside eventhough the awards show started at 6pm?

JustSteve
09-10-2007, 04:03 PM
here is some video of the kid/tommy "fight".

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/music/story/ar/_a/kid-rock-decks-tommy-lee-at-vmas/20070910072509990001

RotationSlimWang
09-10-2007, 04:05 PM
When grown men punch each other and nobody even comes close to falling down they're both pussies.

kreutz2112
09-10-2007, 04:18 PM

dont know if this has been answered, but YES subterranean is still on at 11:00 pm gmt on sundays. I think new episodes start soon. This is the only show I watch on MTV.

Ardentbiscuit
09-10-2007, 04:32 PM
I didn't know when the performances were recorded. I guess I wasn't paying very close attention. It's a hard show to watch. :)

rage patton
09-10-2007, 04:50 PM
I cant watch the Foo Fighters videos because I am not in the US! Is anywhere else where I can see them?

marooko
09-10-2007, 04:53 PM
I cant watch the Foo Fighters videos because I am not in the US! Is anywhere else where I can see them?

haha

Mr.Nipples
09-10-2007, 04:54 PM
dont fucking touch dead kennedys songs...

Boourns
09-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I wish Britney Spears would do the world a favor and quit show business already. Or better yet, quit IRL forever.

rage patton
09-10-2007, 05:09 PM

Ever heard Nouvelle Vagues cover of Too Drunk To Fuck? One of my girlfriends favorite bands is the Dead Kennedys. When I told her about that song... she pretty much had the same reaction you had. But I got here to listen to it, and she loves it!
I dont know how this Foo Fighters w/ Serj Tankian cover of Holiday in Cambodia sounds, but I fucking love Serj's voice, so I cant really see how it could be bad.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 05:11 PM

There's a couple good ones on here...

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JYC77X9YL._AA240_.jpg

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Ever heard Nouvelle Vagues cover of Too Drunk To Fuck?

Is that the one they played in "Planet Terror"? I remember thinking "I need to find out who does this", and then forgot as soon as I got home.

EDIT- It is... (http://www.amazon.com/Grindhouse-Planet-Terror-Robert-Rodriguez/dp/samples/B000NJL07K/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/102-4277524-6837718?ie=UTF8&qid=1189469597&sr=1-1#disc_1)

instinct
09-10-2007, 05:38 PM
dude im sick of all the hate on Ye. the dude is talented. i think he gets shafted too. rihanna blows. he's a nice guy in person. and makes sick ass beats. so honestly who cares if the guy is a little outspoken/a sore loser. are you perfect?

It makes him look like a bitch.

bballarl
09-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Britney just did more damage to herself last night. I'm starting to pity her.

instinct
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM
MTV in Holland is about 1,000 times better than MTV in America.

Does anyone know if they show "The Human Giant" in America? I doubt it, the show is fucking hilarious.

Wheres the beef?
09-10-2007, 06:13 PM
I wish Britney Spears would do the world a favor and quit show business already. Or better yet, quit IRL forever.

Or just quit life.

M Sparks
09-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know if they show "The Human Giant" in America? I doubt it, the show is fucking hilarious.

Of course they do...it's an American show.

I think a good third of the people at the Comedians Of Comedy set at Coachella were just there to see Aziz from Human Giant. There was a mass exodus between him and Hard N Phim.

Wheres the beef?
09-10-2007, 06:17 PM

I think a good third of the people at the Comedians Of Comedy set at Coachella were just there to see Aziz from Human Giant. There was a mass exodus between him and Hard N Phim.

I was there to see Zack Galfinakis but the 12 fucking people before him were so boring I had to leave.

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 06:55 PM
MTV in Holland is about 1,000 times better than MTV in America.

Give it a few years...

rage patton
09-10-2007, 07:04 PM
But seriously... anyone know where I can watch the Foo Fighters video?

C DUB YA
09-10-2007, 07:06 PM
I'll look around later - if I find anything I'll post it.

instinct
09-11-2007, 01:05 AM

I knew it was an american show.. I had just never seen it on MTV.. but then again, I don't watch MTV.

rage patton
09-11-2007, 08:52 AM
I'll look around later - if I find anything I'll post it.

Thank you :)

M Sparks
09-11-2007, 10:02 AM
KB420...did you actually miss Zach? That was one of the highlights of the day for me.

He's coming to my town this weekend, but he's opening for some guy I've never heard of, and it's $25, so I'm reluctant.