atom heart
09-07-2007, 12:27 PM
RIP Madeleine L’Engle

TomAz
09-07-2007, 12:32 PM
I loved that book.

canexplain
09-07-2007, 12:33 PM
i just looked her up ... i have no clue who she is ... usually i know a little about the person but ????? cr****

atom heart
09-07-2007, 12:34 PM
this makes me very sad. Now I wish I had my copy of Wrinkle in Time.

canexplain
09-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I loved that book.

quote one of my dumb trashed comments eh Tom .... i could keep you up with dumb statements for many coachellas to come .... i really need to read more i guess ... i dont think i have read a book, except for school, in 10 + years .. always seem too busy ... cr****

algunz
09-07-2007, 12:48 PM
You should always make time to read a book.

canexplain
09-07-2007, 12:56 PM
You should always make time to read a book.

i only sleep about 3-4 hours a day, and still dont make time to read ... but point of discussion??? do you feel reading things on the internet (s) (I love that :)) does not count as reading .... as far as knowledge, we are the smartest people that have been around for some time, and i think at first it was the advent of tv, now online .... you cannot read (most people i guess) faster then you can take in info if it is visual ... just wondering ... guess i should have put this in the "what are you thinking now" ... cr****

amyzzz
09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Oh man. That was a great series of books she wrote.

algunz
09-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Reading is fundamental. Reading is fun.

Yea cr****, reading is reading. My husband doesn't really read books, but he'll absorb hours worth of information off the internet. He knows more about the world and life than I probably ever will. I gotta say though, there's nothing like picking up a tangible book and turning the pages. The smell, the interaction is something I have loved since I was barely able to walk.

And Madeleine was one of my favorites early on, despite the fact that I've never been a big sci/fi gal. But there are some writers that are just good at what they do.

RIP

downingthief
09-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Damn...loved those books as a kid.

Yablonowitz
09-07-2007, 02:16 PM
RIP Madeleine LEngle

Good Christ. That makes me sad. Big part of my childhood.