PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL "I Can't Go To Coachella 2008 So F It" Thread

malcolmjamalawesome
09-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I have to go to a wedding. First one missed since '04. MBV SUCKS.

Sushov23
09-06-2007, 07:35 PM
FUCKING LOSER!

malcolmjamalawesome
09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
The way I look at it, Coachella 2008 is the real loser here, ma'am.

rage patton
09-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Whos wedding is it?

R3d Snapper
09-06-2007, 07:38 PM
fuck weddings

malcolmjamalawesome
09-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Dave Wang's. Or, perhaps, a close associate thereof.

rage patton
09-06-2007, 07:55 PM
If it was anyone remotely related to Dave Wang... they would tell you to skip the fuckin Wedding and attend Coachella!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-07-2007, 03:08 AM
for a wedding? You poor bastard..

sonofhal
09-07-2007, 03:23 AM
I'm sure the wedding DJ will more than make up for the tunes you will miss at the festival.

RotationSlimWang
09-07-2007, 03:25 AM
What is it, a fucking three day wedding? Attend that shit and get your ass back down to Indio, motherfucker.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-07-2007, 03:52 AM
Actually, yes. It's a destination wedding. My girlfriend, Lady Danger, and I have already booked our travel. Fucking Dave Wang and his lofty wedding ideas.

luckyface
09-07-2007, 07:38 AM
I missed what would have been my first Coachella due to a family member's wedding in 2006. I highly recommend skipping the wedding.

captncrzy
09-07-2007, 08:02 AM
Laaame...skip the wedding. They'll be divorced in under 5 years anyway.

suprefan
09-07-2007, 08:43 AM
Red Eye it after and get the hell back to Indio beeyotch. And tell your friends to NEVER EVER

EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER
EVER

make their wedding that last weekend in April ok? Hows this, if and when I have kids I am going to make sure my kid is born at least 2 - 3 months before the festival to ensure I dont miss it.

shotglass75
09-07-2007, 08:56 AM
I might not be able to afford to go to Coachella 2008 because I am going to go to Glastonbury 2008

Bud Luster
09-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Lame Wang strikes again...

ficklecycle
09-07-2007, 09:54 AM
I missed what would have been my first Coachella due to a family member's wedding in 2006. I highly recommend skipping the wedding.

Oh man...

algunz
09-07-2007, 10:14 AM
We skipped a good friends wedding for '05 and it took a good 9 months before they would talk to us again. Fuck 'em. I wasn't about to miss Coachella.

suprefan
09-07-2007, 10:18 AM
I might not be able to afford to go to Coachella 2008 because I am going to go to Glastonbury 2008

Go to both, its that simple

amyzzz
09-07-2007, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't go to that wedding, but then again, I don't have any friends/relatives that are getting married.

ficklecycle
09-07-2007, 10:53 AM
I don't think any of my friends or family would have the nerve to make it that weekend.

kreutz2112
09-07-2007, 11:18 AM
My fiances birthday is on April 26. I told her that I was going to have to miss her birthday for the next couple of years. She is now coming to coachella for the first time this year.

Ill_Eagle
09-07-2007, 11:23 AM

He already said why he can't go to both, because he might not be able to AFFORD them.

instinct
09-07-2007, 11:54 AM
lol.. my sister is getting is married.. she told me it was in july.. I said "Good, as long as it's not during Coachella"

I was seriously fearing that it would be the same weekend. That would have sucked.

atom heart
09-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I can't go 'cause I'm 3,000 miles away, and I'm pretty sure I'll still have school in May. Hooray higher education! I bought a cactus today just to remind me of the desert. Right now it really needs to be dried off because these Massachusetts people don't seem to understand that cacti only require water every few months.

betao
09-07-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm going to brazil for 2 weeks in January, and live on the east coast. I dont think i'll have the financial possibility to attend coachella 08. But if the money is there, then indio here I come.

Tylerdurden31
09-07-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm most likely not going because I'm planning on going to NYU next fall for grad school...that shit's expensive. If I don't get in though...I'm all over that shit

algunz
09-07-2007, 12:58 PM
It would take death (my own, mind you) to keep me from Coachella.

J~$$$
09-07-2007, 01:03 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f366/ImageReality/Letters_Numbers_Symbols/StarF.gifhttp://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f366/ImageReality/Letters_Numbers_Symbols/StarF.gif

idrive1life
09-07-2007, 01:16 PM
Last time I'm going to post this (and I promise, I will not start a thread about it lol) ...

I'm not going too but not because a.) there's a wedding b.) not so sure if it is because of Glasto '08 but definitely I need to save lot of money (not going will save me lot of money) for some things am planning to do next year (touring Europe and going to other festivals are 2 of them).

I'm pretty sure everyone will be blown away again next year and will have great time. I was and I did in the last 2 years... and I thought I will never miss any Coachella ever again but after going to London, O2 Wireless & Lollapalooza (<- these 3 are more life-changing & religious experiences to me ...) ...

algunz
09-07-2007, 01:19 PM
The less the merrier, but we'll miss ya.

All That I Am
09-07-2007, 01:53 PM
That's a poor ass excuse for missing the festival.
Two years ago our friend got married, my buddy gilbert missed Daft Punk cause he was in the tiny wedding.
This year they decided to have a huge wedding and Gilbert had to miss saturday again...but he went on friday left after the concert drove for five hours to get home attended the wedding and then drove back so he would be there sunday morning.

That's dedication!

luckyface
09-07-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm most likely not going because I'm planning on going to NYU next fall for grad school...that shit's expensive. If I don't get in though...I'm all over that shit

You punk bitch. You are on my case for years to go, and then suddenly you come up with a lame excuse to drop out.

canexplain
09-07-2007, 02:10 PM
well i hope we will hit coachella next year for sure .... there is someone on the board that said they would buy me a beer :) .... gotta go for the free beer ... cr****

lindseyb
09-07-2007, 02:40 PM
He already said why he can't go to both, because he might not be able to AFFORD them.suprefan is right. start saving right now. i managed to afford coachella, glastonbury and being in weddings right around the same time (in case you've never been in a wedding before its a big financial committment--- i spent around $4,000 altogether on those dumb weddings.) i'm not rich, mind you. i never thought i would be able to afford everything but i just made up my mind that i was going to do it all. i sold over $1,000 worth of stuff online to help pay for it.

if you tell yourself you can't go because you can't afford it, you won't go. tell yourself you WILL go, then you will go! the money will come, things will come together, and next thing you know you'll be so happy, having the time of your life because you made it all happen.

gaypalmsprings
09-07-2007, 03:03 PM
http://www.ballooneryinc.com/ImgUpload/P_36558647_1813839.JPG

orbit
09-07-2007, 03:36 PM
I prefer to forget about other shows for the whole year than miss Coachella.

Wheres the beef?
09-07-2007, 04:11 PM
well i hope we will hit coachella next year for sure .... there is someone on the board that said they would buy me a beer :) .... gotta go for the free beer ... cr****

I think we have all said that at some point. You could, in theory, drink for free at Coachella.

But I will be buying you a beer at vegoose so I dont have to buy you one at Coachella.

Wheres the beef?
09-07-2007, 04:13 PM
if you tell yourself you can't go because you can't afford it, you won't go. tell yourself you WILL go, then you will go! the money will come, things will come together, and next thing you know you'll be so happy, having the time of your life because you made it all happen.

Oh and this works for everything in life, not just going to festivals. You forgot to mention that.

canexplain
09-07-2007, 04:50 PM
I think we have all said that at some point. You could, in theory, drink for free at Coachella.

But I will be buying you a beer at vegoose so I dont have to buy you one at Coachella.

tnxs kingsblend420, see ya there for sure ... ok, just to not make me the fool, i know there is at least 3 people that said they would buy me a beer lol ... actually , i dont drink beer, and i just want to meet my buds from here at coachella ... ron **** 420 or tabs is my choice .... yikes , should not have said that :) cr***

All That I Am
09-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Yeah, ron I said i'd buy ya a beer too.
But i guess I could smoke ya out instead!

canexplain
09-07-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, ron I said i'd buy ya a beer too.
But i guess I could smoke ya out instead!

that is a contest i would love to be a part of :) coachella 08 is going to be fun :) cr****

Wheres the beef?
09-07-2007, 05:03 PM
tnxs kingsblend420, see ya there for sure ... ok, just to not make me the fool, i know there is at least 3 people that said they would buy me a beer lol ... actually , i dont drink beer, and i just want to meet my buds from here at coachella ... ron **** 420 or tabs is my choice .... yikes , should not have said that :) cr***

Dont let the 420 in my name fool you. I actually dont smoke. Random drug tests at my work. But.....well.....we should talk.

bballarl
09-07-2007, 05:08 PM
It would hurt my soul to miss Coachella.

miscorrections
09-07-2007, 05:09 PM
if i had to miss it next year i'd curl up in the fetal position in a dark room and cry for days.

canexplain
09-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Dont let the 420 in my name fool you. I actually dont smoke. Random drug tests at my work. But.....well.....we should talk.

why that surprised me, but to each his own for sure ..... but we can just talk music which can be fun and just as good... cr****

captncrzy
09-07-2007, 05:38 PM
I heard Glastonbury sucks. It's just too fucking big and it takes forever to get between stages and all the mud is a pain in the ass. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't spend the money to go to it.

Just sayin...

malcolmjamalawesome
09-07-2007, 05:44 PM
Now, would any of you be willing to seduce either the groom or bride in the wedding I have to go to in hopes of splitting up the couple pre-Coachella? That would work out SMASHINGLY.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-07-2007, 05:45 PM
And RAVINGLY.

Tylerdurden31
09-07-2007, 07:55 PM
You punk bitch. You are on my case for years to go, and then suddenly you come up with a lame excuse to drop out.

you lived in Phoenix for how long? And you only went last year AFTER you moved to CA....WHO'S THE BITCH NOW?!!!

Mr.Nipples
09-07-2007, 08:12 PM
i cant miss coachella...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2007, 05:47 AM

the man does make a good argument...

garrett222
09-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I can't see much that would cause me to miss the coach '08 specatacle...If i heard about a wedding during coachella i would immediately contact the groom and bride and let them know they have picked an awful date and tell them to change it by 1 week otherwise regretfully inform them that I am previously engaged. I already have plans those days, so I'm sorry that i can't make it to your wedding. Even though i haven't paid for my ticket, it is already confirmed.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-08-2007, 10:35 AM
I can't see much that would cause me to miss the coach '08 specatacle...If i heard about a wedding during coachella i would immediately contact the groom and bride and let them know they have picked an awful date and tell them to change it by 1 week otherwise regretfully inform them that I am previously engaged. I already have plans those days, so I'm sorry that i can't make it to your wedding. Even though i haven't paid for my ticket, it is already confirmed.

Thanks for the advice and enjoy the Dave Matthews Band.

P.S. More like My Boring Valentine.

brando4n82
09-08-2007, 01:54 PM

are you kidding? fuck glastonbury. I just bought the dvd, and i would hate to go to a festival with over 200,000 people. if my numbers are off forgive me. but that shit just looks way too crowded.

brando4n82
09-08-2007, 01:59 PM

and what about the kingsblend? no offense but your user name sounds like it should be in a kotton mouth king forum

sonofhal
09-08-2007, 02:09 PM
My brother is getting married next year, and is already under strict instructions that the end of april and end of may (primavera) are off limits.

idrive1life
09-08-2007, 02:47 PM
"fuck glastonbury. I just bought the dvd,"

lol

No kidding. I used to hate being in crowded places be it in music clubs, arenas/stadium and festivals packed with people to watch music gigs/shows. Some people hate going to any music festivals regardless of the size because they just hate dealing vs. massive amount of people.

I had no idea how many people would've gone to Woodstock '99 when one of my friends dragged me to that festival. He even paid for the tickets and he drove me over there from my place (then back). I think I will forever owe my friend for that experience (not only because that's where I discovered MUSE).

I'll probably going to do that to another special friend (who has never been to Europe and music festivals) for my first Glastonbury experience (most likely it's not in '08 & I would not pay for her airfare ticket). For another kind or more unique experience, if I can afford, I would pay whatever amount of money my favorite artists would charge to play (if they can and will) in my house or during my wedding ceremony (<- to be still OT lol).

bballarl
09-08-2007, 02:59 PM
I will never marry anyone who wants to have a wedding at Coachella time.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-08-2007, 03:13 PM
Did that wedding during the Decemberists go down this year? Maybe I should ask this couple to get married during one of the acts!

bballarl
09-08-2007, 03:17 PM
It didn't. I forget what the situation was. Someone on here explained it.

idrive1life
09-08-2007, 03:17 PM
I will never marry anyone who wants to have a wedding at Coachella time.

Even if she wants it at Coachella? Yup, I'm with you if you say yes (but then fuck Coachella' 08) - we go to Coachella to watch & enjoy the shows fully (I mean the music shows). Look at those people who go to Coachella just to be some sort of spectacle of themselves (wearing outrageous outfits etc.) or just playing or lying down in the grass all day. heh heh

Trick Loves The Kids
09-08-2007, 03:19 PM
I would not miss Coachella for anything.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey trick loves the kids ... watch this ....

malcolmjamalawesome
09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
500 POSTS, BITCHES!!!!

446: Dave-Wang Related
30: In praise of MSTRKRFT
24: Mean-spirited
1: In praise of PLUR

bballarl
09-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Even if she wants it at Coachella? Yup, I'm with you if you say yes (but then fuck Coachella' 08) - we go to Coachella to watch & enjoy the shows fully (I mean the music shows). Look at those people who go to Coachella just to be some sort of spectacle of themselves (wearing outrageous outfits etc.) or just playing or lying down in the grass all day. heh heh

Getting married at Coachella would distract from the experience. But I would be more open to that.

idrive1life
09-08-2007, 03:22 PM
500 POSTS, BITCHES!!!!

446: Dave-Wang Related
30: In praise of MSTRKRFT
24: Mean-spirited
1: In praise of PLUR

You forgot this historic thread.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah, this one has gone well. I was really expecting the Daft Punk Halloween Costume one to take off ... maybe closer to October ...

malcolmjamalawesome
09-08-2007, 03:25 PM
By the way, have you all gone to my myspace page to hear my acoustic medley of the daft punk live set and my acoustic medley of Sahara '07 performances?

MarkO
09-09-2007, 10:00 AM
People that are pathetic enough to get married shouldn't drag normal people down by insisting they go to the wedding.

I missed The Flaming Lips last year for a damn wedding. The reception was so lame that I went home at 5pm.

rage patton
09-09-2007, 10:14 AM
By the way, have you all gone to my myspace page to hear my acoustic medley of the daft punk live set and my acoustic medley of Sahara '07 performances?

Dare I ask... whats your myspace?

Somewhat Damaged
09-09-2007, 10:27 AM
I've been smart enough to surround myself with friends who are unlikely to marry anytime in the next decade and to lower my family's expectations of whether I'll show up to any gathering that involves a church -- you could learn a thing or two from me, malcolm.

goodgrl
10-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Hubbys job might be on the chopping block.We'll find out late dec. or early jan. whats going on.

we did miss '03 because my daughters due date was april 29. she was born on the 13.
we also missed '06 because daughter #2 was also due april29. She was born on the 18.
I had told hubby not to mention what the line up was for '06 so sometime in march I looked at him and yelled whats the fukin' line-up.
He told me I didnt want to know. I knew that meant depeche mode. I was correct. Then he also proceeded to tell me I really didnt want to know the rest.
He told me. I went nuts. I couldnt stop. Massive attack & Daft. I totally lost it.

fasttrack
10-28-2007, 01:07 PM
i've said it before and i'll say it again. "as long as there is coachella, i will attend every year for the rest of my life."

wmgaretjax
10-28-2007, 01:35 PM

I'm in a similar boat... depends on the line up I guess.

algunz
10-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Hubbys job might be on the chopping block.We'll find out late dec. or early jan. whats going on.

we did miss '03 because my daughters due date was april 29. she was born on the 13.
we also missed '06 because daughter #2 was also due april29. She was born on the 18.
I had told hubby not to mention what the line up was for '06 so sometime in march I looked at him and yelled whats the fukin' line-up.
He told me I didnt want to know. I knew that meant depeche mode. I was correct. Then he also proceeded to tell me I really didnt want to know the rest.
He told me. I went nuts. I couldnt stop. Massive attack & Daft. I totally lost it.

What are you doing fucking in August/September without protection! ; )

goodgrl
10-28-2007, 08:25 PM
Vacation babies.
We made a conscious effort this summer, even skipped vegoose!
now this crap with his job. wish us luck!

algunz
10-28-2007, 08:41 PM
Good luck.

And BTW, you can still screw year round just use the right tools to prevent conception.

COTTENmafia
11-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I'm sure the wedding DJ will more than make up for the tunes you will miss at the festival.

Indeed. Still, riddle me this.. whats worse, watching someones sweaty aging aunt and her sloppy drunken chicken dance
or the hilarious dirty tweeker candy kids rubbing on each other to some shit trance jams?

malcolmjamalawesome
12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Shut your mouth about tweeker candy kids RIGHT NOW.

Dave Wang says "Dirty Tweeker Candy Kids Is Dead".

PrettyRagdoll
12-06-2007, 12:43 AM
Seriously. By them a gift and go to Coachella.

MissesShankley
12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
this is only a test

John Peel is My Co-pilot
12-18-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm hoping that Lolla realizes it's more lame than Coachella and thus hires every fuckin' one of the acts to play in Chicago in August. That way, I won't have to be sick to my stomach at missing someone in-fuckin-credible.

I say this since I'm attending a wedding too on the Saturday night - attending is probably the wrong word, I'm DJing the damn thing!

Arse...