PDA

View Full Version : Blur Reunion...

sonofhal
09-05-2007, 04:17 PM
...is a distinct possibility, with the four original members meeting up in London during the first week of October in the studio to "see what happens".

There was an interview with Dave in one of the London papers today. Hopefully it will be a successful meeting.

suprefan
09-05-2007, 04:19 PM
Yay, but does just an album come out of it? Or everything if it all works out?

superfiction
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
BLURRRRR. thatd be so sick

sonofhal
09-05-2007, 04:22 PM
He said they have no plans, i think they first have to see if they can stand being in the same room together. Maybe Alex has got bored of making organic cheese.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/cheesediaries/

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-05-2007, 05:13 PM
I never knew Blur even broke up? I just thought they were on a break...

bballarl
09-05-2007, 05:20 PM
They were just on hiatus. But they weren't much like Blur without Coxon. Hot damn, all my favorite bands are reuniting. Ride next please (though pretty much impossible with Andy being in Oasis).

amyzzz
09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
ah yes. The other Andy Bell (Erasure has one too).

bballarl
09-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Don't Erasure still play shows?

Alchemy
09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I think an album is going to come out of it. I thought I read from Alex that they were meeting up in October to actually start recording. Weren't they meeting up during the summer a little (minus Albarn)?

suprefan
09-05-2007, 05:35 PM
Don't Erasure still play shows?

Yes they still tour.

bballarl
09-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I think an album is going to come out of it. I thought I read from Alex that they were meeting up in October to actually start recording. Weren't they meeting up during the summer a little (minus Albarn)?

Last I read they were just waiting for Coxon and Albarn to patch things up.

shakermaker113
09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
blur never split up. they have always spoken of doing another album. they just never made definite plans. although I remember when they were last on tour, damon was quoted as saying he wanted to record the next blur album in baghdad.

unfortunately when a band is inactive for five minutes, some of the press, being the whores they are, uses the term 'split up'. (I'm looking at you NME).

a lack of plans to do another album is different to making plans to never do another album.

shakermaker113
09-05-2007, 05:47 PM
ALSO I recall reading at the beginning of the year that the three of them went into the studio together. I guess not much came out of it. talk of graham rejoining has begun recently though, which is bound to stir up some shit.

bballarl
09-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Yes, but the point is they haven't been the same since Coxon left, and that they have been on hiatus while Albarn has done all the stuff for Gorillaz and TGTBTQ.

brando4n82
09-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Yes, but the point is they haven't been the same since Coxon left, and that they have been on hiatus while Albarn has done all the stuff for Gorillaz and TGTBTQ.

but their last album was Think Tank, wasn't it? Really good album

Alchemy
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
blur never split up. they have always spoken of doing another album. they just never made definite plans. although I remember when they were last on tour, damon was quoted as saying he wanted to record the next blur album in baghdad.

unfortunately when a band is inactive for five minutes, some of the press, being the whores they are, uses the term 'split up'. (I'm looking at you NME).

a lack of plans to do another album is different to making plans to never do another album.

I'd say that Blur was split up because Blur has to include Graham Coxon. Without him, it's just another Damon Albarn project... Despite that I like all his projects. He's just a whole lot better with Graham by his side.

Also, the best way to get information on all of this is through Alex's posts and news bits. He himself wasn't sure if another Blur album would ever come out. All he said was that they were going to all get together and see if they still had it. More recently I believe I read that he said they were going to start recording already this October with all four of them. Now it seems like its still up for question though.

Personally, I don't think this reunion is far from reach. Damon Albarn usually had great things to say about Graham Coxon, even after he had left. To me it seems like the decision rests upon Coxon. I believe Albarn once even said that its useless to continue Blur without him, and I think that Albarn wants to do something with Blur. That guy always wants to do something.

shakermaker113
09-05-2007, 05:53 PM
they have been on hiatus while Albarn has done all the stuff for Gorillaz and TGTBTQ.

yeah but people said the same things about blur during the first round of gorillaz. then they did another blur album everyone said gorillaz were no more. then he did another gorillaz album.

but we seem to have goldfish memories.

Alchemy
09-05-2007, 05:56 PM
yeah but people said the same things about blur during the first round of gorillaz. then they did another blur album everyone said gorillaz were no more. then he did another gorillaz album.

but we seem to have goldfish memories.

Nobody really ever said that Blur was no more. They've always been on hiatus and have always had music made but not recorded. They said that they would only release it with Coxon, which is why people might have said that they were split up because it never seemed like Coxon would go back.

idrive1life
09-05-2007, 06:03 PM
Sweet. Yeah, it should be Graham Coxon rejoining Blur. GC left Blur. Blur never split up since there's Blur after Graham Coxon (Think Tank). My fantasy festival has this GC+Blur reunion. It's happening! Next up Fugazi then next year some festivals will have Radiohead, Underworld, Blur etc. playing in the same day heh heh

shakermaker113
09-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Nobody really ever said that Blur was no more.

lots of people have said that. nobody from blur ever said that. nobody with any authority ever said that. (f*ck you nme). but people have said that. they said it during the first phase of gorillaz, and again since the second phase of gorillaz came around. it's never been true. but people have said it.

bballarl
09-05-2007, 10:43 PM
Shake alongggggggg with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

bmack86
09-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I'd watch blur if they played

bballarl
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
You're shallow. Only shallow.

C DUB YA
09-07-2007, 01:58 PM

all true, but he was speaking of Blur sans Coxon.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2007, 07:01 AM
You know honestly Blur's 2003 show at Coachella was a little disappointing..along with a few British bands that played that year (Primal Scream). We found out later that Damon had eaten some Mexican food that gave him the "runs" which is why he seemed a bit out of it. Still I hope if they do come back to put a much better show...

M Sparks
09-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Yes they still tour.

And they're actually still pretty good. Saw them in 2005 in SLC. Andy looks about 103 though.

shakermaker113
09-08-2007, 08:47 AM
You know honestly Blur's 2003 show at Coachella was a little disappointing..along with a few British bands that played that year (Primal Scream). We found out later that Damon had eaten some Mexican food that gave him the "runs" which is why he seemed a bit out of it. Still I hope if they do come back to put a much better show...

are you kidding? Blur were my favorite performance that year. maybe it was the drugs, but I was blown away by it.

gaypalmsprings
09-08-2007, 09:02 AM
According to Wikipedia...

, founding member Graham Coxon left the band early in recording sessions for Think Tank, the band's seventh and latest album. Blur continued in his absence, seeing both the album and a tour through. After the end of their 2003 tour, the band were unofficially on hiatus, as bandmembers were working on solo projects. In May 2007, it was announced that Blur will be returning to the studio in September with Graham Coxon, to attempt recording once more.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
09-08-2007, 11:48 AM
are you kidding? Blur were my favorite performance that year. maybe it was the drugs, but I was blown away by it.

I thought they seemed like they didn't want to be there. Plus, they had to follow the Hives which blew everyone away that day....Couple of good songs and that was it. Too bad I have never done drugs....

kroqken
10-20-2007, 10:40 AM
I heard Graham and Damon had lunch a couple of weeks ago. Maybe something positive will come out of it.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 10:43 AM
I heard it was breakfast, and that Graham ordered the Eggs Benedict, a clear signifier of his lack of interest in a reunion.

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 10:44 AM
nothing says indifference like eggs benedict.

sonofhal
10-20-2007, 10:46 AM
You heard wrong. The G doesn't eat red meat.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Eggs Benedict doesn't have red meat.

miscorrections
10-20-2007, 10:47 AM
but it does have hollandaise.

sonofhal
10-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Is Ham not red meat then? As far as i know, he just eats chicken, as far as meat goes. All the eggs benedict i've ever had seemed to include ham or bacon.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 10:48 AM
And eggs.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Is Ham not red meat then? As far as i know, he just eats chicken, as far as meat goes. All the eggs benedict i've ever had seemed to include ham or bacon.

Maybe on the side. I have never had ham or bacon in Eggs Benedict.

sonofhal
10-20-2007, 10:50 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggs_Benedict

bballarl
10-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Two things.

One: where is the ham or bacon in the picture?

Two: As any high school or college student knows, Wikipedia is not a valid source. I need academic proof.

And I have only had it on the side, which is weird.

sonofhal
10-20-2007, 10:55 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Eggs_Benedict.jpg/800px-Eggs_Benedict.jpg

It's the bit between the eggs and the muffin. I've had Eggs Benedict on both sides of the pond, and there has always been a hammy element to it.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I didn't click the picture to make it larger, whoops.

After further research, turns out I had Eggs Florentine. Which is ridiculous, because I like ham.

You win.

Now let us hold hands and pray for a Blur reunion with Coxon.

Deviate_420
10-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Blur sucks.....

Just sayin'.....

bballarl
10-20-2007, 11:28 AM

Deviate_420
10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I saw them in 04 i think it was and I was not impressed at all. Song 2 sucks as well.

bballarl
10-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Listen to Parklife.

obzen
06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
CoS post:

Blur "may finally return to the U.S. to play a few shows," according to Damon Albarn.

cutterbutter
06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
YES

suprefan
06-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Just wait til NME covers this.

heart cooks brain
06-22-2011, 03:49 PM
CoS post

wstsidela
06-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I saw that. They better fuckin' play Coachella or I'm going all Naked Wizard at some local church.

suprefan
06-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Proper story, not from shit..

http://pitchfork.com/news/42958-damon-albarn-plans-even-more-new-projects/

Blur/Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn likes to stay busy. And a new Albarn profile in The Guardian gives us a bit more indication of just how busy Albarn will be in the coming months. Albarn's big current project is his theatrical production Dr. Dee: An English Opera, a musical account of the life of Queen Elizabeth I's medical and scientific advisor. Albarn wrote the opera, and he'll also star in it; it premieres July 1-9 at the Manchester International Festival. But that's just a tiny sliver of what Albarn has planned.
As The Guardian reports, after Dr. Dee wraps up its Manchester run, it'll play next year at the London Coliseum as part of the Cultural Olympiad, in conjunction with the Olympics. Albarn is also planning to visit the Democratic Republic of the Congo soon for "a project in which DJs and producers will record and sample Congolese music, and aim to complete a record in not much more than a week." The Guardian also says that the reunited Blur "may" finally return to the U.S. to play a few shows. Um, yes please. (Asked about the possibility of any new Blur music, Albarn wasn't willing to say much.)

Last year, we reported that Albarn is also part of a new trio with Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea and Fela Kuti drummer Tony Allen, the latter of whom was already Albarn's bandmate in the Good, the Bad, and the Queen. According to The Guardian, the trio is finishing up work on a "mostly instrumental" album. Allen also contributes to the score of Dr. Dee, a production that, according to Albarn, is intended to evolve rather than to maintain a static existence.

paulb
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
HELL YES!!! It better happen!!!

obzen
06-22-2011, 04:01 PM
Proper story, not from shit..

LOL U MAD BRA?!

amyzzz
06-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Yay new Blur show rumors. Come back to Coachella, Damon!

concertgoer
06-22-2011, 04:24 PM
I will spend lots of monies to see Blur Again

amyzzz
06-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I know no one cares, but my youngest daughter is addicted to Girls & Boys, and always chooses to dance to that song when she plays the Wii game Just Dance. That and Gorillaz's Dare. (and NKOTB Step by Step, lol).

shakermaker113
06-22-2011, 06:01 PM
well that one line has renewed our desperation for another 12 months or so.

paulb
06-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Friday: Beastie Boys
Saturday: Radiohead
Sunday: Blur/Pulp

shakermaker113
06-22-2011, 06:37 PM
hm. until I read that article, I don't think I had ever seen Flea's real name.

obzen
06-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Friday: Beastie Boys/Pulp
Saturday: Daft Punk/Blur
Sunday: Radiohead/A Perfect Circle

shakermaker113
06-22-2011, 06:42 PM
stop that.

ZachTheEskimo
06-22-2011, 06:47 PM
hm. until I read that article, I don't think I had ever seen Flea's real name.

. . .where does it say his real name?

shakermaker113
06-22-2011, 06:48 PM
. . .where does it say his real name?

here:

Next year, Doctor Dee will play at the London Coliseum, as part of the Cultural Olympiad. Once its Manchester run ends, Albarn is travelling to Congo, to play his part in a project in which DJs and producers will record and sample Congolese music, and aim to complete a record in not much more than a week. Blur, he says, may reunite again, to play their old songs in the US, though when I ask him about the possibility of new Blur songs, I get a mumbled "don't know". There is also final work to be done on a largely instrumental album made by Albarn, Allen and the Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Michael "Flea" Balzary.

GeezrRckr
06-22-2011, 11:29 PM
This would be nice. So, who's going to throw heaps of money his way to make it go time? To me, this is Albarn fishing for dough for his other projects.

And...I have no problem with that.

Coachella Bound
06-23-2011, 09:36 AM
This would be nice. So, who's going to throw heaps of money his way to make it go time? To me, this is Albarn fishing for dough for his other projects.

And...I have no problem with that.

to me this is a confirmation that talks and terms could have already begun...

a reunion like this which would fill the spot of both 'years big reunion' and potentialy a headliner, seems like one of the first orders of business for GV.