PDA

View Full Version : Genesis live online ......

canexplain
09-05-2007, 09:13 AM
There is a live broadcast of Genesis doing a full blown rehearsal tonight being broadcast . Details at this site might be interesting because it is a rehearsal and not just a live or canned show . Cr****

http://www.genesis-music.com/rehearsals/

TomAz
09-05-2007, 09:14 AM
is peter gabriel back with them yet?

canexplain
09-05-2007, 09:17 AM
is peter gabriel back with them yet?

no but i keep thinking that might happen ... and i would almost agree, no peter, no REAL genesis .... but some of the early stuff was good ... i saw them with gabriel twice, and a bunch of times without, and early on, they were still pretty good ... then they got soft ... cr****

Yablonowitz
09-05-2007, 09:21 AM
It would be weird and wrong if they had both Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel playing.

Peter Gabriel is smart enough to not want to be involved in this mess.

No offense cr****.

luckyface
09-05-2007, 09:25 AM
It would be weird and wrong if they had both Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel playing.

No offense cr****.

Wasn't Phil Collins a part of the original Genesis as the drummer?

M Sparks
09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Yeah, Peter and Phil are both originals. Phil just fell into the lead role when they couldn't find a replacement. And Genesis was still pretty good with Phil up until 80/81 or so.

It would never happen though. As cool as PG is, he's not going to hang back and play bass while Phil mugs through "I Can't Dance" or some crap like that.

TomAz
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM
no but i keep thinking that might happen ... and i would almost agree, no peter, no REAL genesis .... but some of the early stuff was good ... i saw them with gabriel twice, and a bunch of times without, and early on, they were still pretty good ... then they got soft ... cr****

agree. "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" Genesis is pretty good.. well it's pretentious as hell but it's pretty good anyway. "ABACAB" Genesis is just fucking annoying.

No offense cr****.

It is odd how divergent Gabriel and Collins became. More different than even Lennon and McCartney's respective solo careers.

Yablonowitz
09-05-2007, 09:59 AM
agree. "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" Genesis is pretty good.. well it's pretentious as hell but it's pretty good anyway. "ABACAB" Genesis is just fucking annoying.

It is odd how divergent Gabriel and Collins became. More different than even Lennon and McCartney's respective solo careers.

Phil Collins should be sent out to pasture. Mike Rutherford too. Mike + The Mechanics....give me a break.

fatbastard
09-05-2007, 10:01 AM
I hate hearing "Turn It On" being played on GMC commercials. They are killing my childhood memories of ditching schooling and taking the beach bus.

J~$$$
09-05-2007, 10:03 AM
o0bqAp2MA9M&mode

M Sparks
09-05-2007, 11:05 AM
Best Gabriel- "Selling England By The Pound"

Best Collins- Uh....."Duke" I guess.