PDA

View Full Version : Travel from England

joggs1
09-02-2007, 01:44 AM
Can anyone give me advice on when to book hotel and flights for the 2008 festival need to get the info to get sorted thanks guys is it always the end of April ? i don't want to come over and miss by a day either way

Ill_Eagle
09-02-2007, 01:48 AM
as soon as possible.

ddm1971
09-02-2007, 05:40 AM
i would try to get the hotel or accomadation first and as soon as poss, you can always get flights later, i booked a hotel for 3 weekends, 2 in april and one in may, as soon as dates are out i will cancel the wrong two and book a flight

sonofhal
09-02-2007, 06:51 AM
January is cheapest for flights from the UK. I normaly sort my hotel out around the same time, but the stuff near the polo fields goes pretty quick.

gaypalmsprings
09-02-2007, 08:06 AM
hotel asap

noonertic
10-10-2007, 12:59 AM
Why dont more people just camp? Is it a really bad experience? Im hopefully coming from Ireland so the cheaper I can do this the better but it seems a lot of people stay in hotels and im wondering why!

Elazarus
10-10-2007, 01:37 AM
'Cos it can be bloody HOT! and some people can't hack that. Seriously you sweat just standing still, but I still say it's worth camping for the experience and fun of meeting loads of cool new people!

Catface
10-10-2007, 02:20 AM
is it not cooler at nighttime?
camping over here is so mich fun, and i really want to camp but the no-alochol thing si slightly off-putting aswell as all the people that are anti-camping on here....

sonofhal
10-10-2007, 04:00 AM
Loads of people camp, but they are probably a little more used to the hot temperatures than us lot. I know quite a few people from the UK who have camped once, and never again.

Elazarus
10-10-2007, 05:59 AM
Alcohol situation, you just hide it at the bottom of your bag, and walk straight throught the gate so that you don't get searched (hopefully), that's what I did.

trivium1
10-14-2007, 11:00 PM
You should reserve a motel room early to get the best price but I think the places around the venue are going to sell out really fast. Camping might be the way to go...

amy2705
10-15-2007, 02:41 AM
book flights in jan/early feb we got ours for under 300 london gatwick to LA. its hotter than you can possible imagine. deff camp its a brilliant atmosphere. and Coachella is about a billion times better than any UK festival. I will go every year for the rest of my life if i could

parray
10-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Me and a mate traveled from Scotland this year, flew from Edinburgh to Las Vegas and drove to Coachella, I intend going again next year and would gladly camp.
It does get a bit hot and sweaty in the morning but the atmosphere is great, everyone is really friendly.
As for sneaking in beer, it's not even a challenge!

noonertic
10-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Finally some people that are pro camping!

As for staying in hotels, would there be buses or anything operating between the hotels and the concert? Couldn't be bothered with driving as I would like to have a few beers or whatever...gotta do this festival thing in style!

amyzzz
10-30-2007, 12:29 PM
There are regular buses in Indio, but there have not been any special shuttle buses for Coachella in the past. Here's hoping they change that in the future. Please.

amy2705
10-30-2007, 12:53 PM
rumour had it it takes 2 hours to get out of any car park if you drive. not much point stay on site go to the bar and think about everyone sat in their car all for the sake of a mattress and your own shower

amyzzz
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Yes, there is a point to staying in a hotel: you get more sleep in your own hotel room. I may have gotten a total of 12 hours sleep in 4 nights when I camped. I suppose if you drink a lot and pass out, you have no problem there.

chiapet
11-02-2007, 10:02 AM
The camping really isn't that bad! Why trouble sleeping? The heat or the noise? I turned in "early" (before 1 or 2) each night and wore earplugs. I got enough sleep.

As for the heat, wear as little as possible and drink water?

brando4n82
11-04-2007, 05:46 AM
Why dont more people just camp? Is it a really bad experience? Im hopefully coming from Ireland so the cheaper I can do this the better but it seems a lot of people stay in hotels and im wondering why!

I am all for camping. It is loads of fun, I camped the first 3 years i went to coachella, but for 07, my friend paid for a hotel room, and it was just soo incredibly nice having beds and A/C 24/7 for a change. For 2008 we are using her timeshare in indio. woot woot.

amyzzz
11-04-2007, 09:32 AM
The camping really isn't that bad! Why trouble sleeping? The heat or the noise? I turned in "early" (before 1 or 2) each night and wore earplugs. I got enough sleep.

Well, it was very noisy (yes I had earplugs--I had like 80 pairs of ear plugs), and the tent next to us stayed up alllll night talking and listening to music. We finally joined that group on Sunday night. I suppose if I'd had some Xanax I might've been OK.

Also, my husband decided he can't handle being IN Coachella for 4 days straight. He wants some time away from it to re-group because he has some anxiety issues about large crowds of people.

Re: the other person who asked "why don't more people camp?" WTF are you talking about? Camping sold out last year. The Polo Field only has so much room for campers. (12,000 people? 15,000? something like that)