PDA

View Full Version : Question about splitting one track into multiple tracks for a mix-CD.

KenMixtape
08-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey all.
I am trying to take a recording of a DJ mix as a .wav file, and split it into individual tracks for a mix-CD. I used to be able to do this on Nero Express, but it doesn't seem to be working on Nero Express 7 anymore, it doesn't split them at the index points like it should.
Is there any other way, short of chopping up my wav file into tracks in sound forge?
Thanks...

PineapplePete
08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
http://mommylife.net/archives/scissors.jpg

breakjaw
08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Use Mixmeister.Just load the wav file,right click in the wav and add label markers as needed,click File>Export Playlist To Mixed File>at the bottom check the box that says Create Seperate Tracks Using Label Markers.Then in Nero make sure you check the no pause between tracks option when burning to CD.

canexplain
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
Use Mixmeister.Just load the wav file,right click in the wav and add label markers as needed,click File>Export Playlist To Mixed File>at the bottom check the box that says Create Seperate Tracks Using Label Markers.Then in Nero make sure you check the no pause between tracks option when burning to CD.

boy talk about succinct .... breakjaw how was your weekend ... cr****

mountmccabe
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
You can also use Audacity, which is freeware and available here (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/).

breakjaw
08-28-2007, 02:08 PM
boy talk about succinct .... breakjaw how was your weekend ... cr****

It was great,Ron.I checked out the eclipse with my family in the backyard early this morning to cap it off(I have Sun/Mon off).
How was yours?

KenMixtape
08-28-2007, 02:12 PM
wow.. that was fast. I knew this was the right place to ask. Thanks breakjaw and mount. Interesting looking programs.

canexplain
08-28-2007, 02:23 PM
It was great,Ron.I checked out the eclipse with my family in the backyard early this morning to cap it off(I have Sun/Mon off).
How was yours?

"
wow.. that was fast. I knew this was the right place to ask. Thanks breakjaw and mount. Interesting looking programs."

yea, you can always count on the board ... to help and give you a hard time :) ... i missed that darn eclipse, i thought it was tonight ... had my camera all powered up grrrrr .... besides that, just hung around the weekend ... i dont work mondays (well except the next few coming up) so i always have a long weekend ... tygerlady and myself just went out to eat, thought about going up and gambling, but we did that last week ... i think this weekend it is going to be heavy metal shows :) cr****

superfiction
08-28-2007, 03:09 PM
the eclipse was sickk

menikmati
08-28-2007, 03:47 PM
OK, ignore everything else...google and download CDWave (it's free). That is THE preferred program when it comes to splitting a giant .wav file into tracks. Why is it preferred? Because its one of the few programs that will cut and split on the sector boundaries, preventing any unwanted gaps between tracks (something which can occur using Auditon, and other popular wav editors). Just import the wav into the program, set the track splits where you want em, export it all....then take the tracks into any burning program you have (Nero for example) and set it to a disc-at-once (or no gaps between songs), and you'll get flawless playback with tracks and no gaps!