PDA

View Full Version : Advice re: LA Greek Theater

bballarl
08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm going to the Greek for the first time this evening and was wondering if you guys could give me recommendations on the best way to get there, where to park, and any other tips and tricks. Thank you much.

ThomThom
08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
If you are up for a walk and would like to save $15 park in the residential areas off of Los Feliz Blvd right before Vermont. Bring cash with you, ATM lines are horribly long there because their drinks and food are cash only, drink before you get there because they have a shitty alcohol selection, if your going to drink do it in the car when your parked and walk up or save it for the nice little picnic tables they have next to the outside of the venue. Have fun!

arbouler
08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
uh just go up hillhurst or vermont? park near the corner of hillhurst/ los feliz blvd and walk up to the venue. it;s not that far

are you seeing wilco tonitE?

PineapplePete
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm going to the Greek for the first time this evening and was wondering if you guys could give me recommendations on the best way to get there, where to park, and any other tips and tricks. Thank you much.

how to get there depends on where u live. as far as parking...if you get there early enough you can find a spot at the bottom of vermont and walk up to the theater. its a nice walk and you wont have to worry about the people parked in front/behind you not getting to their cars fast enough at the end of the show. Also, you wont have to take an ennoying detour to get out of the venue.

ThomThom
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Avoid parking at The Greek at all costs, it takes about 30 minutes sometimes 45 just to get out of the fucking place, park residential and walk all the way up.

gaypalmsprings
08-28-2007, 10:30 AM
I've only been there once. The $15 parking lot was a mess - took at least 30 minutes to get in, and appeared very disorganized (the same people as the Coachella parking lot, me thinks). It was stacked parking, meaning you are trapped in by other cars. You might get out quickly (like I did, I was lucky), or wait a LONG time for people to move their cars. I was surprised at the exit - very scenic, but a narrow, very curvy road that ended up I don't know where - somehow I got home.

bballarl
08-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Thanks guys. And I'm seeing Crowded House w/ Pete Yorn and Liam Finn tonight arbouler.

bballarl
08-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Also, I'm coming from Marina Del Rey.

crazzz2007
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
this is one venue where it pays to arrive LATE, because you won't be stuck behind 20 cars. due to stack parking, i always make sure to arrive late, even if it means missing the opening act. you will save at least half an hour this way getting out of the parking lot.

if you don't want to miss the opening act, then you can just hang out after the show. it's a nice area. bring a cooler with beer or food or whatever.

canexplain
08-28-2007, 01:49 PM
well lets see, the last time i was there was 72 .... do you think it has changed much :) you should enjoy the show ... that tour was here last week and a bud that went said it was pretty good .. watch out for flying water bottless though :) cr****

amyzzz
08-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Whoa, I posted this in the Questions forum. You could check it out there.

suprefan
08-28-2007, 03:24 PM
Yeah but nobody goes in the questions forum right now, cause well its the offseason for the fest, so we all stay here.

crazzz2007
08-28-2007, 04:01 PM
Whoa, I posted this in the Questions forum. You could check it out there.

actually, bballarl didn't ask a question. he wanted advice.

amyzzz
08-28-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah, and I was trying to help. Don't read my post in a bitchy suprefan way.

crazzz2007
08-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, and I was trying to help. Don't read my post in a bitchy suprefan way.

oh, ok.