PDA

View Full Version : Village Music in Mill Valley

bballarl
08-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I went to Village Music today, which has been selling music for a long, long time in the Bay Area. They are closing on September 30th. Anyway, for any Bay Area residents/visitors, you must go in there and check it out. While the selection is getting slimmer, they have tons of vinyl, a few CDs, posters, t-shirts, and all sorts of ridiculously awesome stuff. According to the owner, DJ Shadow, who frequents the place, will be spinning almost every day in September. So that is an added incentive to get over there. It was awesome.

bballarl
08-23-2007, 06:26 PM
They also had a copy of the Beatles butcher album. It was $500, but still, it was cool to see in person.

full on idle
08-24-2007, 07:13 PM
Andrew I got your IM about this yesterday but I was in a mad rush with no time to respond.

noisemachine
08-24-2007, 11:05 PM
Sounds cool. I've never heard of the place but if Shadow is indeed spinning there that is big incentive. Do they have any discounts on the stuff they have left?

Wheres the beef?
08-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Mill Valley is fucking way too far. Isnt that where that guy went back to the future anyways? So couldnt I just go back to a couple weeks ago and snag all the goodies?

bballarl
08-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Sounds cool. I've never heard of the place but if Shadow is indeed spinning there that is big incentive. Do they have any discounts on the stuff they have left?

Yeah the discounts were good. I don't remember specifics but they were significant, and sure to get better.