PDA

View Full Version : bridge school benefit 21

rhcpdude13
08-22-2007, 10:42 PM
i know bridge school benefit is on the same dates as vegoose
27 & 28 of october, but it is usually an awesome show
anyone know who's playing it this year?
according to rolling stone magazine Neil Young will play as always,
and Bob Dylan, Sheryl Crow, Smashing Pumpkins, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Counting Crows, Live, Collective Soul and Fionna Apple are rumored to be there
Is anyone gonna go?

Boourns
08-22-2007, 10:44 PM
Collective Soul, Live, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow still exist?

suprefan
08-22-2007, 10:54 PM
If the Pumpkins played that means they gotta red eye it from New Orleans after their Voodo date. And I dont think it can happen cause they all play both days, only the undercard changes if I am correct.

woogie846
08-22-2007, 11:30 PM
I dunno, Billy Corgan does not seem nearly that nice of a person to help people in need.

Mr.Nipples
08-22-2007, 11:33 PM
i always end up getting free tickets for this year after year but i wont know for sure till a week before...

noisemachine
08-22-2007, 11:35 PM
I really really wanted to go when Sonic Youth played a few years back but couldn't get tickets. I'd go if I could get seats probably.

bballarl
08-22-2007, 11:47 PM
I've always wanted to go.

Boourns
08-23-2007, 12:02 AM
I really wanted to go in 2002. THOM YORKE.

bballarl
08-23-2007, 12:06 AM
The bootleg of that is good. His cover of "After The Goldrush" is awesome.

suprefan
08-23-2007, 12:13 AM
Last year I wanted to see Trent Reznor and the string section. He ended up playing every song that would never get played normally. And a bunch of stuff from Still.

luckyface
08-23-2007, 12:22 AM
I dunno, Billy Corgan does not seem nearly that nice of a person to help people in need.

He's played Bridge at least once, so it would not be farfetched to see him there again.

Boourns
08-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Last year I wanted to see Trent Reznor and the string section. He ended up playing every song that would never get played normally. And a bunch of stuff from Still.

Did he do "And All That Could Have Been"? I fucking loved that song back in the day.

bballarl
08-23-2007, 01:06 AM

The Pumpkins did a whole tour where they donated all ticket sales to charity. That should count for something.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-23-2007, 04:57 AM
Collective Soul, Live, Counting Crows, Sheryl Crow still exist?

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

canexplain
08-23-2007, 06:48 AM
I went to 8 bridge shows in a row then vegoose came along and I decided I would go that direction …. It is always a really nice show because of the kids and the reason for the show … there are always tears when they tell you who died since the last show … that is sad ….. I always went both days and usually got a seat in the 200’s because the 100’s are out of site or taken up by corporations and big contributors …. I hate the lawn at shoreline … they pack you in like sardines and the slope makes your toes feel like you have been skiing all day if you stand all day … but if you cant make vegoose, give the bridge benefit show consideration … the best thing about this event is the collorabation between the artists that are playing …. Seeing Eddie V and Neil sing some acoustic songs is something you may never get a chance again to see … and it is an acoustic event, but leaving one time, I heard someone say “that was the loudest acoustic show I have ever been too …. I have even donated to the school on years I didn’t go …. Cr****

dorkfish
08-23-2007, 08:56 AM
i went in 2002. it was good stuff.

canexplain
08-23-2007, 08:58 AM
i went in 2002. it was good stuff.

did you have seats or lawn .... i think it is always easy to get lawn, even the day of the show, but seats, yikes ... i had an inside for a couple of years so i got 100's for free, but without that help, no way ... on craigslist they go for 100's of dollars each year .... grrrrr ... cr****

kreutz2112
08-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Pumpkins played Bridge School in 97.

1996 definitely had the best lineup though: Crazy Horse, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, Billy Idol (Day 2 Only), Pete Townshend (Day 1 Only), David Bowie, Patti Smith, Cowboy Junkies, and Hayden.

TomAz
08-23-2007, 09:07 AM
is it still acoustic-only?

dorkfish
08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
did you have seats or lawn .... i think it is always easy to get lawn, even the day of the show, but seats, yikes ... i had an inside for a couple of years so i got 100's for free, but without that help, no way ... on craigslist they go for 100's of dollars each year .... grrrrr ... cr****
lawn + blankets.

dorkfish
08-23-2007, 09:10 AM
more or less, yes.

canexplain
08-23-2007, 09:14 AM

plugged in acoustic if they havent changed ... so electric yes and no ...
here is a link (although not up to date) of all the past shows ..http://hyperrust.org/Bridge/Benefit.html

.. great names in there .... and an odd mix ... like metallica, but then they are from the bay area, so it makes sense ... give to the school if you can .... peace ... cr****

lindseyb
10-19-2007, 12:39 PM
My Morning Jacket is now playing instead of Eddie Vedder:

http://www.bridgeschool.org/events.html
2007 Bridge School Benefit Line Up and Ticket Information

21st Annual Bridge School Benefit Lineup Change

Revised Lineup:

Neil Young
Metallica
Jerry Lee Lewis
Tom Waits with Kronos Quartet
John Mayer
My Morning Jacket
Tegan & Sara
Regina Spektor

Saturday, October 27th at 5pm
Sunday, October 28th at 2pm
Shoreline Amphitheatre

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - October 16, 2007 - Eddie Vedder's performances with Jack Irons and Flea at next week's Bridge School Benefit concerts have unfortunately been canceled due to a personal family matter with one of the band's members. The band apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.

My Morning Jacket has just announced that they will now be performing at both Bridge School Benefit concerts at Shoreline Amphitheatre. My Morning Jacket is a critically acclaimed five piece band from Louisville, KY, known for their electrifying live performances. A series of incredible concerts in late 2006, capped by a New Years Eve show at the legendary Fillmore marked My Morning Jacket's last Bay Area performances.

Tickets for both Bridge School Benefit concerts are onsale now at www.livenation.com, Ticketmaster outlets or charge by phone. Tickets are $150.00 and $75.00 for reserved seating and $39.50 for general admission plus applicable service charges. There is a 2 ticket limit for reserved seats and 8 ticket total purchase limit for these shows.

superfiction
10-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Pumpkins played Bridge School in 97.

1996 definitely had the best lineup though: Crazy Horse, Pearl Jam, Bonnie Raitt, Billy Idol (Day 2 Only), Pete Townshend (Day 1 Only), David Bowie, Patti Smith, Cowboy Junkies, and Hayden.

no way. 99 The Who, Pearl Jam, Sheryl Crow, Green Day, Billy Corgan & James Iha, Tom Waits (Sat. only), Emmylou Harris (Sun. only), Lucinda Williams and Brian Wilson.

full on idle
10-19-2007, 01:25 PM
bleh except Regina and T&S.

lindseyb
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
i can't believe i'm going to a john mayer concert.

canexplain
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
no way. 99 The Who, Pearl Jam, Sheryl Crow, Green Day, Billy Corgan & James Iha, Tom Waits (Sat. only), Emmylou Harris (Sun. only), Lucinda Williams and Brian Wilson.

that was a great show that year ....geez i miss that show :( sometimes i almost wish vegoose wasnt around then i would start to go back, but two days at the bridge, isnt as fun as a week in vegas ... GIVE TO THE SCHOOL IF YOU CAN ..... canx**

chiapet
10-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Has anyone seen a schedule for this yet (or maybe someone who went to the Saturday show could comment on the schedule)?

xxxxxxxxxx
10-29-2007, 02:28 AM
i had fun. tom waits did not disappoint. metallica were awful, and thats too bad because i actually like metallica. my morning jacket were great too.

Alchemy
10-29-2007, 06:34 AM
What did Tom Waits play?

dorkfish
10-29-2007, 07:42 AM
really really awesome songs.

dorkfish
10-29-2007, 08:21 AM
Here's the setlist from last night that we saw:

Way Down in the Hole
Cold, Cold Ground
Little Drop of Poison
(joke: why don't shrimp and lobster give anything to charity? Because they're shellfish)
The Part You Throw Away
God's Away on Business
Day After Tomorrow
What Keeps Mankind Alive
(story: I bought the dying breath of Henry Ford on eBay. I also bought parrot diapers, though I don't own a parrot. Yet. I also bought a cheese sandwich with the image of the Virgin Mary)
Diamond in Your Mind

and the previous night's set list was the same, I think.

TomAz
10-29-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm jealous.

lindseyb
10-29-2007, 10:10 AM
i'm so mad at myself for getting there late and missing 3/4 of regina. she looked and sounded beautiful though. mmj were great. it was a teaser of a set though. i also liked tegan & sara, tom w. was great and jerry lee was fun. we left after jerry lee.

dorkfish
10-29-2007, 11:15 AM
metallica was a wretched trainwreck. we left after a few songs and heard up to 6 songs from the parking lot. it was sadly entertaining to watch the hardcore fans slowly deflating as their heroes let them down with funloving artistic drivel.

full on idle
10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
L***** said Regina was good but a little bit twee-d out.

bmack86
10-29-2007, 01:31 PM
What happened at the Metallica show? Sounds like a trainwreck

TomAz
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I heard Metallica was a trainwreck.

full on idle
10-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Metallica was like a speeding locomotive gone askew in fiery mayhem.

JustSteve
10-29-2007, 04:32 PM
i believe there is a term for what you just described, but it escapes my mind right now...

dorkfish
10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
L***** said Regina was good but a little bit twee-d out.
Yeah, L's right. Regina was a little bit too peppy and really into "the moment" and the "life-changing night" and "the experience of a lifetime." She too used all those phrases in one sentence.

Metallica's set list is hilarious if someone can find it. They embarrassingly opened with Rare Earth's "Celebrate."

dorkfish
10-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Here's Saturday's setlist:

I Just Want To Celebrate (Rare Earth cover)
Please Don't Judas Me (Nazareth cover)
Only Happy When It Rains (Garbage cover)
Brothers In Arms (Dire Straits cover)
Disposable Heroes
All Within My Hands
Turn the Page
Nothing Else Matters

Sunday's:
I Just Want To Celebrate (Rare Earth cover)
Please Don't Judas Me (Nazareth cover)
Veteran of the Psychic Wars (Blue Oyster Cult cover)
Brothers In Arms (Dire Straits cover)
Disposable Heroes
All Within My Hands
The Unforgiven
Nothing Else Matters

chiapet
10-29-2007, 09:33 PM
I thought I was going to miss Regina, because 101 traffic suddenly became really bad around Palo Alto due to a vehicle on fire & engine blocking a lane), but I only missed the first few minutes. She was better than I expected, though a little too chipper. Tegan & Sara were better than I expected, too.

Was mostly there to see Tom Waits, who did not disappoint (though the sets in general were too short!) and left after Jerry Lee Lewis. Can't stand Metallica nor Neil Young :)

bmack86
10-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Holy hell, that Metallica set IS a trainwreck. Painful.

rage patton
10-30-2007, 12:12 AM
Wow... that Metallica set is terrible. Wow. It was all acoustic right? Well, Disposable Heroes would have been cool acoustic. But everything else...

mvanwinkle
10-30-2007, 12:53 AM
metallica was a wretched trainwreck.

I saw them and everclear open for the rolling stones in 05' what terrible performances/ opening acts. rolling stones were awesome even though they are way past their prime.

bmack86
10-30-2007, 01:17 AM
I saw Metallica in 04 and they ripped.

mvanwinkle
10-30-2007, 01:23 AM
sorry. ripped= good? or ripped = bad?