PDA

View Full Version : San Fran LoveFest

daftmonkey64
08-21-2007, 08:20 PM
Ok i just found out today that i'm gunna be goin to LoveFest this year while i'm visiting my sis at SF state. To anyone who's been before how is it? how does it compare to say coachella? And am i led to believe that this is a FREE concert??

and most of all, is this a drug friendly event?

KenMixtape
08-21-2007, 08:25 PM
if you have to ask if events are "drug friendly" you need to stop going out.

daftmonkey64
08-22-2007, 07:35 AM
if you have to ask if events are "drug friendly" you need to stop going out.

i'm just sayin man. that kinda music and drugs have kinda gone hand-in-hand for while. I just dont want to be trippin balls in downtown SF (although i've done it before) if theres mass pohleece. nahmean?

jackstraw94086
08-22-2007, 07:44 AM
It is nothing like coachella. It's not really a concert per se. It's just a parade of floats hosting various EDM that end up outside civic center for a few hours
The main draw of civic center is that there's tons of events going on in clubs around the city that weekend. Many people on the "flyer" aren't even directly involved with the event itself, they're just performing somewhere in the city that weekend.

And if you're caught with drugs they fist rape you.

jackstraw94086
08-22-2007, 07:45 AM
and if you say "san fran" while there you'll get accosted and have all the sand shaken out of your vagina.

marooko
08-22-2007, 08:06 AM
and if you say "san fran" while there you'll get accosted and have all the sand shaken out of your vagina.

this is funny as fuck. i learned real quick you call San Francisco, San Francisco. SF passes at times or the city, but little else.

canexplain
08-22-2007, 08:09 AM
they are not real happy with "frisco" either ... just call it the city, and then fight with people from New York .. cr****

KenMixtape
08-22-2007, 08:15 AM
there is often nothing more satisfying than offending people who don't like "frisco".

shakermaker113
08-22-2007, 09:24 AM
haven't I seen this conversation somewhere before?

suprefan
08-22-2007, 09:54 AM
haven't I seen this conversation somewhere before?

Rock The Bells thread, yeah dont say ''frisco'' or ''san fran''. Say ''The City'' or ''SF''(as mentioned) and you should be good. Or San Francisco if you must.

canexplain
08-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Rock The Bells thread, yeah dont say ''frisco'' or ''san fran''. Say ''The City'' or ''SF''(as mentioned) and you should be good. Or San Francisco if you must.

they are just snobs anyway .... cr****

jackstraw94086
08-22-2007, 10:02 AM
snobs perhaps, but snobs who know how to properly refer to their city.

Bud Luster
08-22-2007, 10:13 AM
they sure aren't snobs, but they get all ass puckered about what you call their city. Fuck em, call it what you want. What are they gonna do, dose you? that sure would suck. Also, be sure to mention that you only drink bottled water so they can all tell you how thier "water comes from hetch-hetchy... and blah blah...."

I think they ask for $5 donation to get into plaza where the parade ends. My advice is to also look for other parties besides the official after party. You will still witness great talent, but will also get an incredible vibe as well.

jackstraw94086
08-22-2007, 10:58 AM
they sure aren't snobs, but they get all ass puckered about what you call their city. Fuck em, call it what you want. What are they gonna do, dose you? that sure would suck. Also, be sure to mention that you only drink bottled water so they can all tell you how thier "water comes from hetch-hetchy... and blah blah...."

I think they ask for $5 donation to get into plaza where the parade ends. My advice is to also look for other parties besides the official after party. You will still witness great talent, but will also get an incredible vibe as well.

when a san franciscan comments on someone's usage of "san fran" it's usually for that other person's benefit so he doesn't go around waving a big tourist flag (in case the shorts didn't already give him away).

The donation to get into the civic center plaza is well over $5. I think it's closer to $15-20 actually. And I agree about staying the fuck away from the Bill Graham afterparty. There will be at least a dozen huge club events going on and a dozen more warehouses hosting way better talent. There's good events going on at Temple, Fat City, and Mighty to name a few.

amyzzz
08-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't want to be associated with ppl who get their panties in a bunch over anyone using the easier term "san fran," so I'm waving my tourist flag high.

PotVsKtl
08-22-2007, 11:15 AM
Just as long as that leaves room for the I Defecated In Your Unlocked Minivan flags.

jackstraw94086
08-22-2007, 11:28 AM
I wouldn't want to be associated with ppl who get their panties in a bunch over anyone using the easier term "san fran," so I'm waving my tourist flag high.

Please look up "irony" in the dictionary and attempt to relate it to your post right there.

you don't get it. Nobody gives a fuck. If a tourist wants to run around advertizing the fact that he's a tourist then congratufuckinglations.

And if you have trouble saying the word "san francisco" to the point where "san fran" is significantly easier then I pity you. It's a good thing Charles Darwin never met you because you'd have had a profound influence on his thoeries.

bug on your lip
08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Just as long as that leaves room for the I Defecated In Your Unlocked Minivan flags.

hhhahaahha

that makes me want to change my Caco sig