PDA

View Full Version : Beck's New Single "Timebomb"

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Just released on iTunes. What do you guys think of it? I think it sounds like him at his finest robot rock/hip hop/beatles trademark sound. Possible 2008 headliner?

atom heart
08-21-2007, 07:48 AM
Wha--- ?

canexplain
08-21-2007, 07:52 AM
i will have to check that out .... i saw beck maybe 5 times and he always puts on a freaky and fun show ..... he is really different in a good way ... cr****

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-21-2007, 07:57 AM
The single just came out today. It is a iTunes exclusive I believe.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-21-2007, 08:00 AM
i will have to check that out .... i saw beck maybe 5 times and he always puts on a freaky and fun show ..... he is really different in a good way ... cr****

I have only seen him once and I do have to admit I was a tad disappointed (Well more mixed feelings then anything else). The Flaming Lips were with him and were the opening act and his back up band. So I was expecting alot since it was my 1st time seeing both. But the lips came and and only played 5 songs (Still epic though) and then left to set up for Beck.
Beck come on performing his Sea Changes album which I am not too fond of. So that might have been another issue. But when he perform other material like off of Odelay and Midnight Vultures it was fantastic. I haven't had a chance to see him again since..

TomAz
08-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Beck's tour last year, with the marionettes, was incredible. Lifetime Top 10 list material. srsly.

faxman75
08-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Midnight Vultures was the best tour by far. The full on disco ball version of Debra to close out a show was unfuckingreal. This guy is a pure tallent and can pay hommage to just about every genre of music in a respectable way. I must say though, I would ocmpletely disagree about the marianette show being so fucking great. It really wasn't. Especially since that tour was for his weakest album IMO. Guero was just kinda blah. I think the information is underrated though. I'm excited to hear this since I have been a back fan since mellow gold. I can't decide if I like Funky Robot Beck more or less than singer songwriter Beck. There is no doubt he is a hell of a musician. I thouight the show with the Lips opening and playing backup to Sea Change was a whole lot better than the marrianette tour.

I want to see him do the full on stage show performance of Debra again. That song is a show stopper.

Alchemy
08-21-2007, 08:27 AM
I saw Beck for free last year. It was a secret show in some tiny little bar here. He used borrowed amplifiers and not-so-great speakers, but the sound was good for a local show. Anywho, I didn't get the real Beck experience that he has in his actual shows, but this was a really good performance. He was just taking all sorts of requests and they were all there playing them. I wouldn't mind if he was headliner, but I would encourage Goldenvoice to give The Smiths another ask of BIG money, and then afterwards offer Talking Heads the declined money.

fatbastard
08-21-2007, 12:22 PM
His set at Detour last year was perfect. Most musicians start with 3 songs off their new album, play a couple of popular songs, a few songs you never heard of then a couple of popular songs. Beck's set was all back to back hits. He has a great sound.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Mixed Bizness followed by Where it's at..were back to back epic when I saw him...everything else after that was just okay...

woogie846
08-21-2007, 12:37 PM
I've seen him once and that was at the Gibson Ampitheatre, and that was unreal. Fantastic live show, and I'd love for him to play at Coachella '08.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-21-2007, 12:44 PM
I think he is a repeat headliner everyone can agree with..1999 seems like a long time ago now....

ghettojournalist
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Beck as a headliner isn't far-fetched.
4 years since an appearance and even longer since a headlining gig.
but, to get back to the topic, damn these itunes exclusives!

bmack86
08-21-2007, 12:48 PM
I have only seen him once and I do have to admit I was a tad disappointed (Well more mixed feelings then anything else). The Flaming Lips were with him and were the opening act and his back up band. So I was expecting alot since it was my 1st time seeing both. But the lips came and and only played 5 songs (Still epic though) and then left to set up for Beck.
Beck come on performing his Sea Changes album which I am not too fond of. So that might have been another issue. But when he perform other material like off of Odelay and Midnight Vultures it was fantastic. I haven't had a chance to see him again since..

Dude, you went to the Sea Change tour. Of course he played Sea Change.

ghettojournalist
08-21-2007, 12:51 PM
i saw the "Sea Change" tour-lite on ACL, and enjoyed it, but i liked the Detour performance more. didn't catch all of it (i had to catch kelly and !!!), but the six or seven songs i caught made my night.

Bosco
08-21-2007, 10:15 PM
Beck before the year 2000 > Beck after the year 2000

Wheres the beef?
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I saw Beck for free last year. It was a secret show in some tiny little bar here. He used borrowed amplifiers and not-so-great speakers, but the sound was good for a local show. Anywho, I didn't get the real Beck experience that he has in his actual shows, but this was a really good performance. He was just taking all sorts of requests and they were all there playing them. I wouldn't mind if he was headliner, but I would encourage Goldenvoice to give The Smiths another ask of BIG money, and then afterwards offer Talking Heads the declined money.

That still sounds like a really rad show no matter how you cut it. Better than anything else going on at the time I am sure.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-22-2007, 04:17 AM
Dude, you went to the Sea Change tour. Of course he played Sea Change.

Living in Las Vegas at the time that gets far and few shows, it was my only chance to have seen him. So I jumped on it even though I didn't like the album. Plus he had the lips with him. My expectations were just too high at the time.

fatbastard
08-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Beck before the year 2000 > Beck after the year 2000

Details.

suprefan
08-22-2007, 10:31 AM
The Sea Change tour I liked a lot. Flaming Lips opening and as the back up band was just amazing. The last time I saw him it was cool, it was a free thign with Yahoo Music and he did a question and answer thing with fans. Somebody wanted to rap battle him but the fan ended up declining when Beck said yes. The Marrionettes ruled too.

ThomThom
08-22-2007, 10:32 AM
My situation was a little like Alchemy's, last year he went on this small random bar tour for The Information, I caught him at this small bar/club in Hollywood and it was one of the better performances I had seen in ages, he was taking requests from the crowd and playing some classics...I love Beck before and after 2000...

ThomThom
08-22-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh and he also had the best performance at KROQ's Acoustic Christmas last year...He fucking killed it, I felt bad for The Foo Fighters, who had to go on after him.