PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse scraps concerts, citing 'health issues'

fatbastard
08-18-2007, 08:30 AM
Amy Winehouse scraps concerts, citing 'health issues' Fri Aug 17, 5:48 AM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Soul singer Amy Winehouse, in rehabilitation reportedly coping with drink and drug problems, has scrapped her forthcoming concerts for health reasons, her spokeswoman said Friday.

The 23-year-old, whose drinking habits have been well documented in the newspapers, has pulled out of this weekend's V Festival, one of the country's biggest, Tracey Miller said.

Winehouse, named best British female solo artist at the Brit Awards in February, will also miss France's Rock en Seine festival, where she was scheduled to perform Thursday.

"Amy Winehouse is putting all her touring commitments for this month on hold until further notice in order to address her health issues," Miller said in a statement.

"Amy will now not be performing at this weekend's V Festival in Chelmsford and Staffordshire. Her family has requested that the media respect Amy's privacy at this time."

The singer was taken to hospital last week for what her record company called "severe exhaustion".

Reports alleged she had taken a cocktail of alcohol and various hard drugs.

Winehouse, whose best-known hit "Rehab" is about her refusal to attend an alcohol rehabilitation centre, was then reported to have checked into a treatment centre costing 10,000 pounds per week.

She went home Wednesday but insisted Thursday it was simply to collect a guitar.

"I'm fine. I've put on half a stone and I feel fine," she told BBC radio outside her native north London home.

Asked if reports of her drug abuse were correct, she said: "I wouldn't say so, no."

Her husband Blake Fielder-Civil admitted Thursday she had "a few problems."

"It's been a difficult time for me and Amy, the fact is we are still together and going back to the place tonight," he said.

"The main thing is that me and Amy are getting better. Don't worry, she's being looked after. We're going back to this retreat. She's determined to get well.

"It's not as bad as everyone thinks but she's fine, she's loved and looked after."

Winehouse has been nominated for best newcomer and female artist of the year at the MTV Video Music Awards, to be held in Las Vegas, Nevada, on September 9.

The singer is scheduled to tour Canada and the United States next month and Europe in October.

fober
08-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Probably has nothing to do with this:

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2724

THIEF!!!!!!!

ficklecycle
08-18-2007, 10:03 AM

THIEF!!!!!!!

Wow.

brando4n82
08-18-2007, 11:10 AM

THIEF!!!!!!!

glad to see we have some Tyler Durdan fans in here. That site ROCKS!

sonofhal
08-18-2007, 11:59 AM
I'd have to be on some pretty hard drugs to want to read the NME, never mind steal a copy.

mistdevil
08-18-2007, 12:18 PM
shes crazy just like lily allen!!!

crazzz2007
08-18-2007, 04:05 PM
amy winehouse is a dirty whore.

Wheres the beef?
08-19-2007, 12:19 PM

THIEF!!!!!!!

Nice. But please refrain from posting links that have viruses (the whale tail shot).

fober
08-19-2007, 12:34 PM
Nice. But please refrain from posting links that have viruses (the whale tail shot).

Hey, if I had to be blinded by that, I'm bringing this board down with me.

Wheres the beef?
08-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Hey, if I had to be blinded by that, I'm bringing this board down with me.

LOL I like your style.

clarky123
08-19-2007, 12:44 PM
we knew that last week.

luckyface
08-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I hope resolving "health issues" involves going to a dentist.

crazzz2007
08-19-2007, 03:53 PM
we knew that last week.

you must be suprefan's alias.

clarky123
08-20-2007, 12:40 AM
you must be suprefan's alias.

Amy Winehouse has and may I quote "Gone into Rehab....wooo woooo woooo. Don't expect an appearance for a wee while, certainly not next month. Next question.

I guess so!

fatbastard
08-25-2007, 02:17 PM
http://www.camdennewjournal.co.uk/2004%20archive/290104/images290104/amy2.jpg

Amy Winehouse's Bloody Bad Day Gina Serpe
Fri Aug 24, 9:09 AM ET

Los Angeles (E! Online) - If this is what comes from resting up, Amy Winehouse may have been better off remaining on the road.

Just three days after calling off her U.S. tour and vowing to return to a countryside "retreat" to deal with her ongoing "health issues," the "Rehab" chanteuse was photographed in London Thursday with bloody scrapes and cut marks all over her face and body.

The images, splashed across the Daily Mail's Friday edition, show the dinged-up 23-year-old singer alongside her equally bruised and bloodied husband, Blake Fielder-Civil. Winehouse's trademark black-winged eyeliner is smeared across her nose, cheeks and eyes; she's sporting scrapes and gashes on her forehead and legs; her hands are swollen and her ballet flats are soaked with blood.

Fielder-Civil, 23, fared no better, with scrapes covering the left side of his face and neck.

The couple was photographed outside the Sanderson Hotel in Soho just after 3:30 a.m.

The Daily Mail reported that the injuries were inflicted after a violent row in their hotel suite, prompting Winehouse to fire back, denying that theirs is an abusive relationship. London police have confirmed that they were called in to an incident at the duo's hotel by a concerned member of the public, but said no charges resulted from their check-in.

For her part, the Back to Black artist explained the origin of the wounds in a series of text messages to blogger Perez Hilton.

"Blake is the best man in the world," she wrote, adding they "would never harm each other."

The cuts, she wrote, came about when Fielder-Civil returned to their suite to find Winehouse "about to do drugs with a call girl." Winehouse, who grabbed headlines earlier this year for scraping her hubby's name into her arm with a shard of glass at a Spin magazine shoot, claims she then began cutting herself.

Fielder-Civil then "rightly said I wasn't good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life."

In a subsequent text, she insisted, "I'll be alright." Fielder-Civil, however, she felt was getting the raw end of the deal. "I need to fight my man's corner for him, though," she added.

"For the last time he did not and never has hurt me...He has such a hard time and he [is] so supportive.

"He deserves the truth," she continued. "He is an amazing man who saved my life and got cut badly for his troubles. All he get[s] is horrible stories printed about him and he just keeps quiet, but this is too much."

The incident caps a horrible August for the singer. In the past two weeks she's scuttled more than a month's worth of U.K. and U.S. tour dates, including a planned performance at the MTV Video Music Awards in September, "due to the rigors involved in touring."

The cancellation came the same day British media reported that Winehouse and Fielder-Civil had checked out of their "retreat" of choice, Essex's Causeway rehabilitation center, after just five days.

Last week, the duo helicoptered out of the center, but vowed to return, with Fielder-Civil telling BBC Radio that his wife of three months was "being looked after."

"She's going back to this retreat," he said. "She's determined to get well. It's not as bad as everyone thinks, but she's fine. She's loved and looked after."

Worries about the singer's condition arose earlier this month when she was briefly hospitalized at University College London's hospital for what publicist Tracey Miller deemed "severe exhaustion." Miller cited Winehouse's busy touring schedule, not drugs and alcohol as claimed by several publications—and the singer's own mother-in-law—for the emergency room visit.

fober
08-25-2007, 04:09 PM
Pictures:

http://www.wwtdd.com/post.phtml?pk=2775

rage patton
08-25-2007, 07:00 PM
Holy hell... those pictures are brutal.

Amy Winehouse is fuuuuuUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUucked.

Boourns
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Ugh, just do the world a favor and fatally overdose, already.

psychic friend
08-27-2007, 09:11 AM
http://onefiveplace.blogspot.com/2007/08/are-you-amy-winehouse-flow-chart.html

J~$$$
08-27-2007, 09:18 AM
hahahahaha I like this crazy lady.....She is going in my death pool next to Pete Doherty.

Bud Luster
08-27-2007, 12:36 PM
http://onefiveplace.blogspot.com/2007/08/are-you-amy-winehouse-flow-chart.html

This flowchart is flawed, as the first ? is "are you exceptionally good at what you do?" Bitch sounds like Gary Coleman...

fatbastard
08-28-2007, 08:29 AM
Father-in-law: Boycott Winehouse albums By JILL LAWLESS, Associated Press Writer
Tue Aug 28, 8:55 AM ET

LONDON - Amy Winehouse's father-in law says fans should stop buying her records to force the singer to seek help for what he called a drug addiction.

Giles Fielder-Civil said he believed Winehouse and his son, Blake Fielder-Civil, had used cocaine, crack cocaine and heroin and were in "abject denial" about their problem.

"I think they believe they are recreational users of drugs and they are in control," Fielder-Civil told British Broadcasting Corp. radio Tuesday. "Clearly they are addicts."

He said fans should send a message to Winehouse "that her addiction and her behavior are not acceptable."

"Perhaps it is time to stop buying records," Fielder-Civil said. "It's a possibility, to send that message."

However, Winehouse's father said a boycott would do little good.

"It's all clutching at straws," Mitch Winehouse told the BBC. "There's only one way out of this, and anybody with any drug experience will tell you ... that the only way out of this is not sectioning them, not locking them up. At some point they are going to reach rock bottom ... and at that point they will say, `Listen, I don't want to do this anymore.'"

Giles Fielder-Civil said Winehouse's record label should be more "pro-active in helping the couple to get better."

Island Records couldn't immediately be reached for comment.

Winehouse, 23, has built her reputation on a soulful voice and a hard-partying image. Her most recent album, "Back to Black," topped the British charts and produced the hit single "Rehab."

Concern for her health has grown since Winehouse was taken to a hospital earlier this month for "severe exhaustion" and spent a short stint in a rehab facility. She has since canceled a series of British concerts and postponed a tour of the U.S. and Canada.

Last week, newspaper pictures showed Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil bloody and bruised, apparently after a fight in a London hotel.

Gossip Web site perezhilton.com said it had received text messages from Winehouse denying Fielder-Civil was responsible for her injuries.

clarky123
08-28-2007, 08:49 AM
Gossip Web site perezhilton.com said it had received text messages from Winehouse denying Fielder-Civil was responsible for her injuries.

Tell you what though, she is responsible for his, thats a fukin certainty!

fatbastard
08-28-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm hoping all of this drama can be used as material for her next CD.

clarky123
08-28-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm opening a book on the next dead celeb - she is my 1/1 favorite and Owen Wilson is next at 5/4.

fatbastard
08-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Winehouse to Stay Away from U.S.
By WENN | Thursday, August 30, 2007

HOLLYWOOD - Troubled singer Amy Winehouse will not perform in the United States for the foreseeable future, according to her record label.

Her U.S. label Universal Republic Records has announced her performance at the MTV Video Music Awards in Las Vegas next month will not take place as planned.

Winehouse's North American tour was originally postponed on Aug. 22; however, Universal has now confirmed it has been cancelled "in a continued effort to support Amy Winehouse's wellbeing."

The 23-year-old star is currently taking time out of her pop career to focus on "health issues" after her Aug. 8 hospitalization following three days of hard partying.

fatbastard
08-30-2007, 08:20 AM
The Darker Side of Owen Wilson
Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2007 By REBECCA WINTERS KEEGAN

It's rarely a shock when a star's personal demons rear up in the form of a police blotter. Robert Downey Jr.'s '90s jail stints, Christian Slater's 59-day stay behind bars on assault charges in 1998 and Lindsay Lohan's alleged coke-fueled car chase this summer all followed a pattern of prior troublesome behavior. Each performer was known to have spent time in treatment for addiction. For these celebrities, a mug shot somehow seems as appropriate a career visual as a red carpet wave.

But the hospitalization this week of Owen Wilson, 38, after police responded to a report of a suicide attempt at his Santa Monica home, astonished anyone who knows him simply as the affable, blonde man-child from Wedding Crashers and You, Me and Dupree.To us outsiders, Wilson's partying seemed to be of the happy-go-lucky, nobody-gets-hurt variety. While other stars got DUIs, Wilson always appeared to have a ride home with one of his cool actor-brothers, Luke, 35, and Andrew, 43, or someone as blonde, pretty, rich and famous as he, like Kate Hudson. When he wasn't busy filming blockbuster comedies that played off his lovable slacker image or writing smart scripts like Rushmore and The Royal Tenenbaums with his friend from Texas, director Wes Anderson, Wilson's life as documented by the tabloids consisted of tossing a football at the beach, riding his scooter alongside his dog, Garcia, and dating whatever impossibly beautiful woman he wanted. The gossip site Defamer.com awarded Wilson the moniker "The Butterscotch Stallion," a nod to his, er, appetite for female companionship.

Obviously something darker was going on amidst all those flaxen-haired mellow good times. The only comment from Wilson, who's said to be in good condition at Cedar's Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, has been to issue this statement: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time." Nevertheless speculation about his drug use, depression over his May break-up from Hudson and a recent fight with a friend have peppered the coverage of Wilson's hospitalization. A People magazine cover story out Friday quotes a friend as saying: "Owen was very despondent. He slit his wrists. He almost did not make it."

It's unusual that an actor in his professional prime should suffer such a dramatic meltdown. Wilson dropped out of Tropic Thunder, a Dreamworks comedy he was set to start shooting in a few weeks with buddy and eight-time co-star Ben Stiller. And it's unlikely he'll participate in any publicity for The Darjeeling Limited, his new film with Anderson, which opens the New York Film Festival in September.

Of course, Wilson's career is the least of the concerns of the people showing up to visit him at Cedar's, including his family, Anderson and friend Samuel L. Jackson. A suicide attempt, if in fact that's what happened, signals that a person is in the deepest kind of pain. While it may be a surprise to those of us who know him only by his twinkly-eyed screen persona, Wilson's crisis probably didn't sneak up on those close to him. And the actor and his loved ones likely won't return to the good life quickly, either.

fatbastard
08-30-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm opening a book on the next dead celeb - she is my 1/1 favorite and Owen Wilson is next at 5/4.

Looks like it's going to be a close one.

fatbastard
09-02-2007, 07:39 PM
Saturday September 1, 04:00 PM Amy Winehouse does more drugs than anyone else: Courtney Love
By ANI

London, Sept. 1 (ANI): Rock star Courtney Love claims that Amy Winehouse does more drugs than any of her previous party pals.

The widow of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain says that Amy has even left her behind in taking hard drugs. "Amy does more drugs than anyone I've known," the Sun quoted her as saying.

"I've been with lots of people when they've taken coke, including stars like Lindsay Lohan and Kate Moss. But I've never seen anyone take as much coke as Amy. Even I wasn't that bad," she was overheard as telling a pal.

Courtney also says that Amy "speedballs", taking a deadly mix of cocaine and heroin.

Courtney and Kurt were dubbed "the new Sid and Nancy" in the Nineties, but Amy and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil are the latest couple to take the dubious title.

Amy reportedly suffered a massive drug overdose last month after taking a cocktail of booze and drugs including heroin and cocaine.

She, however, told her pals that she only took heroin for the first time less than six months ago. (ANI)

__________________________________________________ __

Sunday September 2, 06:00 PM Amy Winehouse vomits blood at Caribbean hideaway
By ANI

London, Sep 2 (ANI): Troubled singer Amy Winehouse has further raised concerns for her health after she violently vomited blood in her hideaway Caribbean hotel room.

Staff at the Jade Mountain resort in St. Lucia were reportedly horrified when they were sent to Winehouse's suite to clean up the mess.

"There was blood and vomit all over the bathroom, it was just terrible. It looked like she'd been sick many times. There was blood mixed up in the vomit," the Mirror quoted a hotel staff, as saying.

"It was sickening. They were horrified by the state of the room, which looked like a bomb had hit it," the staff added.

The worker further said that the hotel management offered to call a doctor for Winehouse, but she declined.

"The hotel management offered to send for a doctor but Amy declined. She said she'd be fine. Everyone was concerned because she looked so frail," the staff said.

Amy and her hubby Blake Fielder-Civil have been staying at the Caribbean hideaway since last weekend, after the emergence of their shocking pictures, which showed them bloodied and bruised from a drug-fuelled street brawl.

Meanwhile, both Amy and Blake's parents have sent out a message to fans to boycott Amy's album in an effort to urge the pair to get help for their alleged addictions. (ANI)

fober
09-03-2007, 02:30 AM
Bitch better record another good record before she dies.

clarky123
09-03-2007, 05:07 AM
I suspect Amy Winehouse will never set foot in the US again - those of you who saw her sing at Coachella may have witnessed a bit of history.

mistdevil
09-03-2007, 09:09 PM
she does crack.

clarky123
09-03-2007, 10:55 PM
I'll bet she does crack up her crack.

fatboy192
09-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Bitch better record another good record before she dies.

what do you mean another good record?? she hasn't recorded anything good, i can't stand her music, i have to look at her ugly mug everyday in the papers, go to rehab, yes, yes, yes! and a dentist

HunterGather
09-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Whaa? Back To Black is good stuff, man.
It's rare these days when an entire album is worth listening to every song.
I hope she gets her shit together!

fatbastard
09-04-2007, 03:38 PM
Agreed. Back to black is good stuff.

meyouseek
09-05-2007, 01:42 PM
It's rare these days when an entire album is worth listening to every song.

this much is true... but Back to Black is not one of these albums. My girlfriend disagrees but I'd say at most three tracks are worth hearing. Nah, just the first two.

She's got an amazing voice which sounded great at Coachella. I was kinda looking forward to seeing her again at ACL. Now I guess I'll just dick around in Austin all day and show up for Muse and the Stripes.

fatbastard
09-05-2007, 04:01 PM
I won't die, Amy Winehouse says
Bang! Showbiz | Thursday, 6 September 2007

http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/322498.jpg

Reuters
DOING FINE: Amy Winehouse says she and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil are okay and won't end up dead like punk icons Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.

Amy Winehouse has vowed she and husband Blake Fielder-Civil will "not end up dead" like punk icons Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.

The troubled Rehab singer - who returned to the UK yesterday with Blake after a week-long holiday in the Caribbean island of St Lucia - is adamant she and her husband will not follow the same self-destructive path as the Sex Pistol rocker and his drug addict girlfriend.

The 23-year-old singer - who was rushed to hospital after collapsing from a drugs overdose last month - said: "We are not going to end up like them. We're in love and have everything to live for."

Heroin addict Sid was arrested on suspicion of stabbing Nancy to death in 1978. He later died of a drugs overdose in 1979.

Amy and Blake - who were seen in public covered in cuts and blood after a vicious bust-up before they jetted off on holiday - were pictured arm-in-arm as they arrived at Gatwick airport yesterday. Blake was carrying a large framed photograph of the couple on their wedding day under his arm.

The 26-year-old said: "I like having it with me. It's beautiful. It reminds me of what we have together."

Amy has seen her records race up the UK charts in recent weeks, despite calls from her in-laws to boycott her music.

Back to Black is currently No. 2 in the UK album chart, while Amy's debut effort Frank has also re-entered the top 30.

She is among 12 acts nominated for the award - which recognises the best British or Irish album of the last 12 months.

Other nominees include Dizzee Rascal, Arctic Monkeys, The View and Jamie T.

RotationSlimWang
09-05-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/images/322498.jpg

Amy has seen her records race up the UK charts in recent weeks, despite calls from her in-laws to boycott her music.

First--what the fuck is this bitch thinking with her eyelashes?

Second--why are her in-laws trying to boycott her music? Amy's starting to sound like Britney, and we already have three too many of those.

fatbastard
09-05-2007, 07:55 PM
At least she can sing (though some may disagree). I would rather drink with Amy versus the other 3 susie rottoncrotches.

crazzz2007
09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
I won't die, Amy Winehouse says
Bang! Showbiz | Thursday, 6 September 2007

Reuters
DOING FINE: Amy Winehouse says she and her husband Blake Fielder-Civil are okay and won't end up dead like punk icons Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.

Amy Winehouse has vowed she and husband Blake Fielder-Civil will "not end up dead" like punk icons Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen.

The troubled Rehab singer - who returned to the UK yesterday with Blake after a week-long holiday in the Caribbean island of St Lucia - is adamant she and her husband will not follow the same self-destructive path as the Sex Pistol rocker and his drug addict girlfriend.

The 23-year-old singer - who was rushed to hospital after collapsing from a drugs overdose last month - said: "We are not going to end up like them. We're in love and have everything to live for."

Heroin addict Sid was arrested on suspicion of stabbing Nancy to death in 1978. He later died of a drugs overdose in 1979.

Amy and Blake - who were seen in public covered in cuts and blood after a vicious bust-up before they jetted off on holiday - were pictured arm-in-arm as they arrived at Gatwick airport yesterday. Blake was carrying a large framed photograph of the couple on their wedding day under his arm.

The 26-year-old said: "I like having it with me. It's beautiful. It reminds me of what we have together."

Back to Black is currently No. 2 in the UK album chart, while Amy's debut effort Frank has also re-entered the top 30.

She is among 12 acts nominated for the award - which recognises the best British or Irish album of the last 12 months.

Other nominees include Dizzee Rascal, Arctic Monkeys, The View and Jamie T.

who the fuck wrote this article? the first 5 sentences basically keep repeating the exact same thing.

clarky123
09-06-2007, 01:15 AM
LoL

Now take the syringe out from between your toes and write 100 times:

"We won't end up dead like punk icons Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen".

theburiedlife
09-10-2007, 07:49 PM
I hope to jebus she isn't the next bond girl. She's obviously not fit for that role.

fatbastard
09-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Why Amy Winehouse's mother gives her £300 pocket money a week
Last updated at 16:35pm on 12th September 2007

Amy Winehouse's mother is controlling her spending by restricting her to a £300 a week budget.

Janis Winehouse, 52, is so worried about her daughter she controls the rest of her income and only gives her the pocket money to prevent her spending more on drugs.

Still troubled: Amy looked well as she turned out to support pal Kelly Osbourne but her infected-looking finger told a different story
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_02/AmyWineXPS_468x415.jpg
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_02/RedThumbXPS_228x320.jpg

Janis Winehouse, Amy's mum, keeps her daughter on a budget of £300 a week

In an interview with First magazine, she has also revealed she no longer recognises her own daughter.

Amy's throbbing finger looks painful
She said she sends her daughter text messages saying: "Where are you, what planet are you on? Call me."

But the pharmacist, from Barnet, north London, said: "Amy is playing Russian roulette with her health and musical gift.

"She's lost herself. We're not talking about my Amy. It's not someone I recognise. She has become her own stage creation."

She said: "I knew she was smoking marijuana but not that she was doing class A drugs until she collapsed. She won't stop until she sees the point of stopping... when I saw her afterwards, I did not tell her to clean up, there was no point.

"I know all about class A drugs. I understand the process where the brain shuts out everything except the drugs. Talking to her about it won't make any difference."

On Monday night the troubled singer arrived to see pal Kelly perform in a West End show dressed in a smart classic trenchcoat – but there were still signs that all is not well.

Amy, who had turned out to support friend Kelly Osbourne as she made her West End debut in Chicago, cut a cool figure with her beehive and red lipstick, but on closer inspection, her middle finger appeared to be painfully swollen..

Amy and husband Blake Fielder-Civil are said to be keen to start a family - despite failing to commit to rehab for their drug problem
Read more...

Kelly's Chicago debut has mum Sharon Osbourne in tears

The affected finger looked twice the size of her others, and its bright red colour indicated that it could be infected, raising fears over drug-addict Amy's health.

Despite the worrisome state of her finger, Amy looked relaxed, and she and husband Blake Fielder-Civil enjoyed a drink at the theatre's bar before the performance.

The couple have recently returned from a holiday in the Caribbean island of St Lucia, and it has been reported that they are trying to have a baby.

algunz
09-12-2007, 04:26 PM
The Osbournes may or may not be a good crowd to hook up with when dealing with addiction.

. . . and so the story unfolds.

fatbastard
09-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Agreed. It's writing itself.

algunz
09-13-2007, 08:25 AM
According to Star, she will be performing at SNL's season premiere on Sept. 29th.

fatbastard
09-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Good news. I will be watching.

fatbastard
10-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Amy Winehouse Arrested For Marijuana Possession In Norway

October 22, 2007

Amy Winehouse's attempt to get her career back on track after an alleged drug overdose in August hit a snag on Thursday, when she and husband Blake Fielder-Civil were arrested in Norway for marijuana possession. The Associated Press reports that the couple and an unnamed third person were arrested shortly after 6 p.m. at a hotel in Bergen, Norway, after the police received a tip. All three were held overnight and released at around 7 a.m. Friday (October 19) after paying approximately $715 in fines.

"They were found with 7 grams [about one-fourth of an ounce] of marijuana," prosecutor Lars Morten Lothe said. "She's paid the fine, so this thing is over for us now."

Winehouse, 24, is just starting a European tour and is slated to perform in Oslo on Saturday, before heading to the Netherlands on Monday for another show.

The U.K.'s Times Online reported that the marijuana was not found on the singer or her husband, but in their hotel room.

At press time, it was unclear if the arrest would affect Winehouse's scheduled appearance at mtvU's Woodie Awards in New York on November 8.

The trip to Norway is one of the first excursions Winehouse has made since a hospitalization in August that was reportedly drug-related. That incident resulted in the cancellation of a string of planned U.S. dates, as well as an appearance at the MTV Video Music Awards. She has yet to reschedule the U.S. dates, and a spokesperson could not be reached for comment at press time to discuss the latest incident or any future touring plans.
-- Gil Kaufman (MTV.com)

rage patton
10-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Oh no! Marijuana! Say it aint so!

gaypalmsprings
11-10-2007, 04:05 AM
Singer cries as husband locked up

LONDON, England (AP) -- Singer Amy Winehouse looked on tearfully Saturday as a British judge ordered her husband be held on charges of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Winehouse watched from the gallery in Thames Magistrates' Court in London as her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, 25, was remanded in custody until November 23.

Fielder-Civil and Anthony Kelly, 25, who was also remanded, are among five men arrested in relation to a court case due to start on Monday at another London court.

In that trial, Fielder-Civil and Michael Brown, 39, face charges of assaulting a barman on June 20.

Retro soul singer Winehouse has won worldwide acclaim for her second album, "Back to Black," but has also made headlines through erratic behavior, health fears and reports of heavy drug use.

In August she spent time in rehab and canceled a series of dates in Britain, the United States and Canada. Last month Winehouse and Fielder-Civil were arrested in Norway and fined &euro500 (US$715) for possession of marijuana.

sonofhal
11-10-2007, 04:15 AM
Apparently, he's been trying to pay off the prosecution witnesses. Max penalty for perverting the cause of justice = life inprisonment.

fatbastard
11-10-2007, 04:22 AM
Oh Amy; the crazier your life becomes, the bigger my heart grows for you.

fober
11-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Hopefully he gets thrown in jail and Amy is forced back into the studio to cope.

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN PEOPLE

betao
11-10-2007, 09:35 AM
can we rename this thread the Official Amy Whinehouse Thread

crazzz2007
11-15-2007, 02:59 PM
wow, this whore has hit a new low....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071115/wl_uk_afp/entertainmentbritainmusicpeoplewinehouse

Thu Nov 15, 2:59 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - Troubled soul singer Amy Winehouse kicked off her 17-date tour with a shambolic performance that saw fuming fans booing and marching out, reports said Thursday.

The concert at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, was a chance for the 24-year-old to get back to singing and put her woes behind her.

Winehouse has had "health issues" -- widely reported to be drug and alcohol abuse -- and her party-loving husband Blake Fielder-Civil is being held on grievous bodily harm and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice charges.

But Wednesday's gig at the NIA, which can hold up to 13,000 people, was slammed by angry fans as a "disgrace" after she turned up late and stumbled about the stage.

When punters started jeering, Winehouse snapped: "Let me tell you something. First of all, if you're booing, you're a mug for buying a ticket.

"Second, to all those booing, just wait till my husband gets out of incarceration -- and I mean that."

The Birmingham Mail newspaper's music critic Andy Coleman said it was "one of the saddest nights of my life".

"I saw a supremely talented artist reduced to tears, stumbling around the stage and, unforgivably, swearing at the audience," he wrote.

James Dyas demanded his money back, according to London's Evening Standard newspaper.

"She came on stage half an hour late. She managed four songs but was slurring her words and swaying all over the place," he said.

"She fell into the guitar stand and dropped the microphone -- it was atrocious. The song dedicated to her husband was so bad it was like swinging a cat round your head."

An, from Birmingham, commented on The Times newspaper's website: "Her singing was awful, out of tune and slurred. She sang for around 50 minutes -- drinking throughout.

"I have never seen so many people leave a show. 'Valerie' was my favourite song -- she massacred it!"

Pete Massera, from north-west England, added: "It was an absolutely atrocious gig. I, like many others in the audience, got our coats and left before she even finished the set."

Gary Atwell, from nearby Rugby, said "streams" of fans walked out, according to the BBC website.

"I went out for a sneaky cigarette half way through and at least 40 people left, just in that five minutes," he said.

"Valerie", the closing number, descended into chaos when Winehouse stopped singing, dropped the microphone and walked off stage.

Winehouse, named best British female solo artist at the Brit Awards in February, has rarely been out of the newspapers in recent months due to her lifestyle issues.

Deviate_420
11-15-2007, 04:02 PM
I would fuck the shit out of Amy Winehouse....

fatbastard
11-15-2007, 04:32 PM
I just sent a marriage proposal on her MySpace.

SecretAgentX-9
11-15-2007, 08:20 PM
If anybody listed Amy Winehouse in the 2007 Coachella musician you'd wanna bang thread, I hope they're fucking embaressed. She's so nasty.

summerkid
11-15-2007, 08:28 PM
If anybody listed Amy Winehouse in the 2007 Coachella musician you'd wanna bang thread, I hope they're fucking embaressed. She's so nasty.

i think she looks like a drag queen, I suppose some people like drag queens...

Sushov23
11-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Amy has got some great music, but YUP she looks like a fucking douchy drag queen.

Sexecutioner
11-16-2007, 06:00 PM
haha, now she got caught doing blow onstage! what a dumb whore! that is some funny shit!

hcLdkQaSIA0

fatbastard
11-17-2007, 06:15 AM
She may have just had the sniffles.

Sushov23
11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
What a fucking joke.

HunterGather
11-17-2007, 01:01 PM
It's so weird to see her in like the video for "F Me Pumps" from her first album.
She actually looks pretty DESCENT there.
No tattoos. Some meat on her.

algunz
11-17-2007, 02:47 PM
She's still fugly. She's got that beautiful voice though and that could make all the difference. Unfortunately, her antics and reputation are just making her more and more unattractive.

Sushov23
11-17-2007, 03:18 PM
yeah, in F me pumps, she looks pretty. Now she looks like a skeleton with a douchy suit on her bones, that smokes crack.

algunz
11-19-2007, 11:54 AM
A United Nations drugs official has criticised Amy Winehouse and Kate Moss for "glamourising" the use of cocaine.

Warning that Colombian drug barons had recently found new routes for importing the drug into Europe, mainly via West Africa, Antonio Costa of the UN's Office On Drugs And Crime said that cocaine use in the UK had doubled in the last decade, and blamed stars like Winehouse and Moss who, he says, glorify the use of the drug, for contributing to that rise.

Costa: "Look at Kate Moss, who still receives lucrative contracts after she was photographed sniffing [cocaine]. Amy Winehouse became popular by singing 'I ain't going to rehab' even though she badly needed and eventually sought treatment".

He added that the growing power of the drug barons in West Africa was damaging the economies there, implying that those who used or glamorised the drug contributed to poverty in Africa. He concluded: "A sniff here and a sniff there in Europe is causing another disaster in Africa, to add to its poverty, its mass unemployment and its pandemics".

SFChrissy
11-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Amy has got some great music, but YUP she looks like a fucking douchy drag queen.

That's a good one "douche drag"

clarky123
11-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Came on 40m late at Newcastle, gave the crowd a big heads up to the unkown boyfriend... very well behaved at Glasgow tho but I believe otherwise people would have spat in her face.

joppy-slow
11-19-2007, 06:17 PM
did anyone else notice how sober she looked at coachella??? her performance was really really good...

rage patton
11-19-2007, 06:25 PM
haha, now she got caught doing blow onstage! what a dumb whore! that is some funny shit!

hcLdkQaSIA0

WHAT THE FUCK? Amy Winhouse covered a fucking SPECIALS song?

Who the fuck does she think she is? She has no right to cover The Specials.

Bitch.

trashle626
11-20-2007, 08:06 AM
i dont know what you guys are expecting from her.
she's not no hillary duff.
apparently she has a voice to back up the shit
she's been pulling.

take it easy on the amy bashing

fatbastard
12-06-2007, 09:27 AM
Good news for our girl.

Kanye, Winehouse lead Grammy noms By SANDY COHEN, AP Entertainment Writer
12 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Whether he wins or loses on Grammy night, the chances of more Kanye West awards show drama were high after he received a leading eight nominations Thursday.

The British singer Amy Winehouse received six nominations after months of personal problems that took the focus off her gritty, soulful music. Other top nominees included the Foo Fighters, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Paul McCartney, T-Pain and Timbaland.

Both West and Winehouse were nominated for album of the year for their CDs "Graduation" and "Back to Black," respectively. Winehouse was also cited for best new artist, plus record and song of the year for the defiant hit "Rehab."

Other record of the year candidates included Beyonce's "Irreplaceable," the Foo Fighter's "The Pretender," Rihanna's "Umbrella" and "What Goes Around Comes Around" by Justin Timberlake.

Winehouse, an admitted marijuana smoker, has been dogged by reports of further drug use amid a flurry of canceled concert dates. Just this week she was spotted walking outside of her London home wearing a bra and jeans, with no shoes, looking distressed.

"She makes Lindsay Lohan look cool," comedian George Lopez said on stage as he helped announce the nominations.

West, known for throwing tantrums at awards shows when he doesn't win, has had a triumphant yet tragic year. He knocked 50 Cent off his throne when "Graduation" had the best-selling debut of the year with nearly one million copies sold, but his mother died suddenly in November at age 58 after plastic surgery.

In addition to West and Winehouse, the album of the year category also featured the Foo Fighters, for "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace," Vince Gill's four-disc set "These Days," — and, surprisingly, Herbie Hancock's tribute to Joni Mitchell, "River: The Joni Letters."

Hancock, on hand to announce the nominees, said he was shocked.

"It's not a category you normally find a jazz artist," said Hancock, who said he had awakened that morning at 5:30 a.m. to chant Buddhist prayers for a half-hour. "I don't chant to win awards ... But it helps my life. And I've never been nominated for album of the year."

Other song of the year candidates included Corrine Bailey Rae's sweet-sounding "Like A Star," Carrie Underwood's revenge anthem "Before He Cheats," The Plain White T's "Hey There Delilah" and "Umbrella."

Winehouse was competing against Feist, Paramore, Taylor Swift and Ledesi in the best new artist category.

"This is the best day ever. I'm freaking out," said Swift, 18. "I really didn't think it was going to happen. I was about to cry."

___

Associated Press Writer Solvej Schou in Los Angeles contributed to this report.

brando4n82
12-06-2007, 09:28 AM
every picture i see of Amy Winehouse she looks worse

Botrocker
12-06-2007, 09:50 AM
I'd hit it.

clarky123
12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Hopefully the new boyfriend (Pete Docherty) can talk some common sense into her, and help her with this drug thing.

SFChrissy
12-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I'd hit it.

You mean by punching her in the face...I wouldn't touch that with a stolen cock attached to a flag pole...

prettydirtything
12-07-2007, 08:13 PM
at the coachella show I thought, "wow, let me get on top of that"...
I didn't think anybody could get so ugly so quick.
was I really that drunk?

according to the people (magazine)

Winehouse, 24, was sound asleep when she heard a noise outside. Having had friends over earlier in the evening, she wondered if one returned, according to the rep, who said: "She heard all these noises, and she went outside to look and there were all these photographers."

yikes!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/news/071217/amy_winehouse240.jpg

thelastgreatman
12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Bitch looks like an Easter Island statue bobble-heading on a toothpick.

betao
12-07-2007, 09:09 PM
that looks like disaster.

i dont like disaster.

gmoneyak
12-07-2007, 09:23 PM
at the coachella show I thought, "wow, let me get on top of that"...
I didn't think anybody could get so ugly so quick.
was I really that drunk?

according to the people (magazine)

Winehouse, 24, was sound asleep when she heard a noise outside. Having had friends over earlier in the evening, she wondered if one returned, according to the rep, who said: "She heard all these noises, and she went outside to look and there were all these photographers."

yikes!

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/news/071217/amy_winehouse240.jpg

It's the fucking kid from the Wonder Years after a sex change..

http://www.accuracyproject.org/z-Saviano,Josh.jpg

fatbastard
12-18-2007, 05:05 PM
Soul singer Amy Winehouse arrested in London

12/18/2007 2:12 PM, Reuters

Troubled British soul singer Amy Winehouse was arrested on Tuesday as part of an investigation into perverting the course of justice, London police and her publicist said.

The 24-year-old, whose husband Blake Fielder-Civil is being held on remand accused of inflicting grievous bodily harm and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, went to a London police station to be arrested in agreement with police.

"It was voluntary and pre-arranged," a representative at her publicity agency said, asking not to be quoted by name.

In a statement, London's Metropolitan police said: "A 24-year-old woman has been arrested by appointment at an East London police station in connection with an investigation into perverting the course of justice. She remains in custody."

Winehouse, nominated for six Grammy awards, has struggled with drugs and alcohol since shooting to fame. She was pictured this month wandering the streets of London at dawn in only a bra and jeans.

The tattooed singer has cancelled all her remaining planned concerts this year saying she cannot perform while her husband is in jail.

Fielder-Civil, 25, was charged in November in an investigation into perverting the course of justice, days before he was due to go on trial for beating up a bartender.

The trial was delayed after police launched an investigation into allegations made by British newspaper The Daily Mirror that the bartender was offered money not to testify.

Winehouse's parents have made repeated calls for their daughter to seek help, fearing that she could be sucked into a cycle of drugs and trauma.

"We want to help you, but we know that unless you want to be helped, unless you come to us, anything we tried would be in vain," her mother, Janis Winehouse, wrote in a letter published by the News of the World newspaper last week.

"Early fame has overwhelmed you, it's dizzied you and muddled your mind."

Winehouse scored a hit last year with the song "Rehab" about refusing treatment for drugs and alcohol.

She and Fielder-Civil, who married earlier this year, were arrested in Norway in October for possessing cannabis and paid a fine.

(Reporting by Luke Baker; Editing by Peter Griffiths)

luckyface
12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
So basically she is an uglier, British version of Britney Spears now.

crazzz2007
01-10-2008, 02:02 AM
holy shit.....

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.spinner.com/media/2008/01/winehouse-music-200-010908.jpg

Cpt. Funkaho
01-10-2008, 02:05 AM
holy shit.....

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.spinner.com/media/2008/01/winehouse-music-200-010908.jpg

MY EYES, THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

http://bp3.blogger.com/_jFjK2cNVZoY/RvguHXkwSfI/AAAAAAAABRc/mWry9aJb58s/s400/goggles.jpg

amyzzz
01-10-2008, 02:14 AM
She's got the angles. But who cares, with a voice like that.

fatbastard
01-22-2008, 10:16 AM
Winehouse fans urge troubled singer to seek help 1 hour, 12 minutes ago

LONDON (Reuters) - Fans of acclaimed British soul and jazz singer Amy Winehouse urged her to seek help on Tuesday after a newspaper printed images of her allegedly smoking crack cocaine last week.

Her label Island Records issued a short statement saying it would support her.

"We are deeply disappointed and upset by these latest revelations and are doing everything we can to offer Amy our full support in dealing with her problems," a spokesman said. He made no further comment.

Winehouse, 24, has won critical and commercial success with her distinctive voice and hit album "Back to Black," and earned six Grammy nominations in December.

But her troubled personal life has dominated the headlines, most recently in the Sun tabloid on Tuesday which ran a picture on its front page of Winehouse apparently taking crack cocaine.

"Nosedive to Oblivion" was how the Sun described the alleged drugs binge that is said to have occurred at just after 5 a.m. on Friday.

Hours later Winehouse attended court to support her husband Blake Fielder-Civil who is fighting charges related to a pub brawl.

Sporting her new blonde hairstyle, a disheveled-looking Winehouse yelled: "Love you handsome, gorgeous one" as the judge discussed legal matters with lawyers.

Fans urged Winehouse, whose hits include the song "Rehab," to seek help.

"Amy please get help," wrote fan Jessica on Winehouse's home page on social networking Web site MySpace.

"After seeing the vid of u taking crack I just cried. I think we all new that u have a problem but always hoped the media were blowing it out of proportion, it would be such a waste for everyone if you were lost to this evil."

(Reporting by Mike Collett-White; Editing by Giles Elgood)

fatbastard
01-25-2008, 12:18 PM
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_04/osbourneLL2501_468x510.jpg

Tearful Kelly Osbourne helps Amy Winehouse move to rehab
Last updated at 16:10pm on 25th January 2008

Kelly Osbourne wiped away tears last night as she helped her friend Amy Winehouse check into rehab.

The 23-year-old was on hand to support the Back To Black singer as she settled into the Marylebone treatment facility to try and kick her addiction to drugs.

Along with Amy's father Mitch, Kelly arrived laden down with Amy's belongings, which she'd collected for her from her flat in Bow, east London.

Tears: Kelly, who met with Amy's dad in London last night, has vowed to help the singer get her life back on track; Amy out in London hours before checking into rehab yesterday
Read more...

Tearful Amy Winehouse faces police probe over 'crack smoking' video
She brought two suitcases and two large holdalls, suggesting that Winehouse, 24, might be staying at the centre for quite some time.

A statement from her record company, Universal, said Amy had entered the rehab clinic "to continue her ongoing recovery against drug addiction".

Amy, 24, sought help after her father admitted her family have looked into getting her sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Long haul: Kelly lends a hand to the family by ferrying Amy's suitcases

She has been at the centre of a police inquiry after being caught on video last week, apparently inhaling from a crack pipe.

"Amy decided to enter the facility today after talks with her record label, management, family and doctors," Universal Music Group said in a statement.

"She has come to understand that she requires specialist treatment to continue her ongoing recovery from drug addiction," the statement said.

Support: Kelly Osbourne with Amy's dad Mitch last night
Ironically, Winehouse - who has been nominated for a six Grammys - made her name with a hit song entitled "Rehab".

She has subsequently cancelled her appearance at a French awards ceremony this Saturday and it is said her decision comes in a bid to prepare herself for the upcoming Grammys.

Winehouse was spotted in London's Regents Park today wearing a fitted black shirt, and matching miniskirt, exposing her painfully thin legs.

In an interview with Vanessa Feltz on BBC London father Mitch complained the authorities don't regard her drug-taking as a danger to herself.

But, he said, they needed her to agree to treatment. The family were helpless to intervene without her consent because the authorities don't see her drug addiction as harmful.

Helping hand: Amy Winehouse is escorted by her father Mitch as she leaves Universal Records in London's Kensington yesterday. The label reportedly told Amy to clean up if she wants to save her career

"The moment she says she wants to be in a facility, in half an hour she will be in a facility," said her father, Mitch, 57.

He said psychiatric help was "something we have looked at, and Amy is no way near in a position to be sectioned".

He added: "But unless she wants to do it of her own accord, it's pointless. You can't lock the key and say 'you can't come out before you're better'. That's called abduction."

Mr Winehouse described the pictures from the drugs video as "horrible", adding: "Her intake had been much reduced, but there are people around her which I have no control of. I can't physically remove them. She doesn't think she's got a problem. She thinks she can do what she does recreationally and get on with her life."

Mr Winehouse called a family meeting last night to discuss keeping a close eye on Amy to try to save her from self destruction.

And it appears he may have hired a fearsome looking balaclava-clad bodyguard to assist him in his efforts.

Frantic: Amy's distraught father has continued his efforts to keep her off drugs

The powerfully-built man was seen earlier yesterday in the courtyard of Amy's east London gated apartment building dressed in black clothing and army fatigues.

Amy appeared in the background, dressed in a blue minidress as he patrolled the courtyard's perimeter.

And chillingly, he made a shooting gesture at the army of photographers who follow her every move.

On Tuesday Mitch took Amy to the Capio Nightingale Hospital, a drugs clinic in Marylebone, for a two-hour appointment in an attempt to get her to clean up her act.

Police are viewing the video footage of Amy apparently smoking crack.

The troubled stars' frantic parents have been forced to intervene following the latest revelations of the depth of Amy's drug-taking.

Her desperate father Mitch who has been driven to the end of his tether has taken matters into his own hands because he is terrified her continued drug use could kill her.

The former taxi driver has demanded that his 24 year-old daughter move home with him to keep her away from the influence of her junkie friends.

A friend of the family said: "As any father would be, Mitch is terribly concerned about Amy's latest brush with drugs.

"She has been making good progress up until this setback but for Mitch it's the last straw - if she doesn't sort herself out and get her head straight, who knows where it will end.

"Mitch is terrified about the people she associates with and thinks that by taking these low-lifes out of the equation, Amy will face less temptation.

"He's asked her to come and live with him until she's back on the straight and narrow - or ideally, until Blake comes out of custody.

"If Mitch is by her side almost 24/7 he can monitor exactly who she hangs out with and where she does it.

"Amy may be 24 but as far as Mitch is concerned, she is never too old for a good dose of family TLC."

The 19-minute video released on Tuesday showed the dishevelled singer seen snorting powdered ecstasy and cocaine before heading to her bedroom, where she inhaled crack cocaine in front of her wedding photo.

Taken in the early hours of Friday morning it showed Miss Winehouse taking drugs just hours before appearing in court to support her husband Blake Fielder Civil who appeared on charges connected with a violent bar brawl.

Police are investigating the footage before deciding whether to press charges.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said: "Officers will be viewing the footage when we receive it. "We will then assess the footage to ascertain whether any action needs to be taken."

Aside from taking a toll on her health the drug-taking revelations could ruin Miss Winehouse's successful career.

It has been reported that her record company Island Records will consider dropping plans to promote her in the US because of the latest scandal.

There was a question over whether the US authorities will grant her a visa to go to the Grammy awards next month.

Miss Winehouse's family are hoping they will succeed where professional intervention has failed.

Miss Winehouse has made three brief and unsuccessful visits to rehab in the past year.

She made the first visit to the Causeway Clinic in Essex in August 2007 with husband Blake Fielder Civil but the pair discharged themselves after a few days.

She then checked in just weeks later after publicly overdosing on a cocktail of drink and drugs.

She spent two days at the same addiction centre - which costs £10,000 a week - before storming out and vowing never to return.

In November last year Winehouse pulled out of a concert in Bournemouth, after stumbling and slurring her words on stage, and promised to seek help for drug addiction after being jeered off stage by fans.

She was seen by doctors at the London Clinic in Harley Street before being admitted back into the Causeway Clinic.

Amy has moved in with her father Mitch Winehouse and left the North London home she shared with husband Blake Fielder Civil - the scene of the infamous crack-smoking video.

TomAz
01-25-2008, 12:39 PM
in case you missed it I posted the vid in another thread

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showpost.php?p=432328&postcount=10

fatbastard
01-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Damm.

fatbastard
02-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Son of a bitch!

Amy Winehouse's request for visa denied 28 minutes ago

LONDON - Amy Winehouse will not be performing at this year's Grammy Awards because her request for a visa has been turned down by the U.S. Embassy, her publicist said Thursday.

"Amy has been progressing well since entering a rehabilitation clinic two weeks ago and although disappointed with the decision has accepted the ruling and will be concentrating on her recovery," the Outside Organization, which counts the troubled retro-soul sensation among its clients, said in an e-mail.

The statement didn't say why her application had been rejected.

The U.S. Embassy in London declined to comment late Thursday. No one answered the phone at the Outside Organization.

The Outside Organization said in the e-mail that Winehouse — who shot to fame with the autobiographical single "Rehab" — was disappointed but had been treated well by embassy staff.

The 24-year-old singer and her acclaimed "Back to Black" album are nominated in six categories at the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday.

Her potent blend of blues, jazz, pop and soul has won praise from critics and fans, but Winehouse has become as famous for her chaotic personal life as for her music.

Since the album's U.S. release last year, she has canceled a slew of appearances amid reports of drug use.

Last month, The Sun newspaper ran still images from a video that it claimed showed Winehouse inhaling fumes from a small pipe. The images were said to have been filmed during a party at her London home.

Shortly thereafter, Winehouse entered a London rehabilitation center, and has been questioned by police.

Her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, is in jail awaiting trial on charges of assault and lying to police.

Winehouse and Fielder-Civil ran into trouble in October when they were arrested in Bergen, Norway, on charges of marijuana possession. They were released after paying fines of $715 each.

Her lawyer later said Winehouse was appealing the fine because she didn't understand that under Norwegian law, accepting a fine is the same as pleading guilty, which could have serious consequences when she was seeking to enter the U.S.

amyzzz
02-07-2008, 12:37 PM
fucking hell.

kreutz2112
02-07-2008, 12:43 PM
good. keep her out of the U.S.

fatbastard
02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Winehouse gets visa, but won't come By RAPHAEL G. SATTER, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 59 minutes ago

LONDON - Amy Winehouse's visa came through, but not in time for the rehabbing singer to make the trip to Los Angeles for the Grammy Awards, her representatives said Friday.

Winehouse will go ahead with her backup plan to perform live via satellite from a studio in London, where she would also be available to accept any awards she may win during Sunday's ceremony. Winehouse and her acclaimed "Back to Black" album are nominated for Grammys in six categories.

"Unfortunately, due to the logistics involved and timing complications, Amy will not be traveling to the U.S. to perform at the Grammys in person," the Outside Organization said in a statement.

Winehouse's original visa application was denied under U.S. immigration rules regarding the "use and abuse of narcotics," a senior State Department official said Friday, on condition of anonymity because the U.S. Embassy in London's application deliberations are confidential.

The Department of Homeland Security had been "rapidly" processing her appeal, the official said. But the reversal, barely 48 hours before the beginning of the telecast, came too late.

"Amy would like to thank all of those people, in particular the staff involved at the U.S. Embassy in London, who have all worked so hard to expedite her application," Outside said. "She is looking forward to being a part of the 50th Annual Grammy Awards with her Sunday night performance and to going back to the U.S. soon."

Winehouse's potent blend of blues, jazz, pop and soul has won praise from critics and fans, but her chaotic personal life has increasingly upstaged her music. Concerned family members regularly beg Winehouse to seek help in letters splashed across the pages of British tabloid newspapers and magazines.

Last month, The Sun newspaper ran still images from a video that it claimed showed Winehouse inhaling fumes from a small pipe. The images were said to have been filmed during a party at her London home.

Shortly thereafter, Winehouse entered a London rehabilitation center, and has been questioned by police. Outside said earlier Friday that she was leaving the center to prepare for her performance. It added that the singer would remain under medical supervision.

Other British music acts have had difficulty securing visas. Lily Allen was scheduled to perform at the MTV Video Music Awards in September, but the pop star's visa was revoked. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services hasn't commented, but her manager has said he suspected it was because Allen was arrested in London in June after an altercation with photographers.

fatbastard
02-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Amy Winehouse will not face charges Fri Feb 29, 2:54 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Soul singer Amy Winehouse will face no further action in connection with an investigation into obstruction of justice charges against her husband, British police said on Friday.

The Grammy Award-winning singer had been released on bail after being detained for questioning last December and was due to return to a London police station in March pending further inquiries.

But police on Friday said the 24-year-old performer was no longer required.

A spokesman for Winehouse said she was "pleased to be discounted from the investigation, and she thanks the police for their professionalism in their dealings with her."

Winehouse's husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, 25, is charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice and inflicting grievous bodily harm.

He pleaded not guilty to both charges at Snaresbrook Crown Court and was remanded in custody on Friday until April.

Winehouse did not attend the hearing.

She was absent because she was traveling to Paris to perform at a party for luxury goods maker Louis Vuitton.

Reuters/Nielsen

Boourns
03-21-2008, 12:01 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y200/frankatcoachella/3803-AMY9.jpg

fatbastard
03-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Those are by far the best and worst I've seen of her. I'm going to her MySpace now to say hi.

ThomThom
03-21-2008, 12:13 PM
What the fuck is going on with her skin?

gmoneyak
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
I still think she reminds me of "Wonder Years" kid:

http://whatever.losito.net/images/josh-paul.jpg

Blinken
03-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Crack will fuck you up

SFChrissy
03-21-2008, 12:36 PM
What the fuck is going on with her skin?

Being on one and tweeking on her face...

Mr.Nipples
03-21-2008, 01:49 PM
leprosy...

algunz
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Apparently, she has now balked on doing the latest James Bond music.

simon2341
03-16-2009, 02:55 AM
Various people think in various ways and make plans to keep the body slim. And some wish to be athletic. :Thmbsup: Some people could succeed but some cannot. People who had failed to do so don't worry as we provide you with working out plans which could really bring change to your life. We are there to provide you every information on How to maintain your body Slim and beautifully. As your are expecting for. For details you can visit our page at Working out Plans.
-----------
simon

nevada drug rehab (http://www.addictionlink.org/drug-rehab-center/nevada)