PDA

View Full Version : My FAITH NO MORE appreciation thread

thinnerair
08-17-2007, 06:26 AM
So, I posted a youtube clip of FNM doing 'EPIC' in another thread, and then I started watching a bunch of other FNM videos.
Not really sure how many ppl on here are Faith No More fans, but they were so so good.

bug on your lip
08-17-2007, 06:50 AM
i fukkin heart Angel Dust

great effin album cover too

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/4c/1e/521ec6da8da06971389b1110.L.jpg

thinnerair
08-17-2007, 06:56 AM
A lot of people didn't really like 'ALBUM OF THE YEAR' and I think it's such a great f-ing record. The production is excellent and songwriting is so fucking solid!

amyzzz
08-17-2007, 07:07 AM
I saw them live once. They were pretty good.

scoop49er
08-17-2007, 08:16 AM
faith no more is in my top 5 of all time.. i saw them frist in 1990 at the cow palace opening fo billy idol! it changed my music loving life! their music was so great and original to me.. thye just got caught in a place where they couldnt be defined.. were they alternative? metal? thye wetn the metal route and toured with metallica and guns and roses which to this day i felt was a mistake in regards to being commercial... but in the end alot of people really dig this band... the real thing is a kick ass album and angel dust is a brilliant album.. love em.....

Deviate_420
08-17-2007, 08:21 AM
This thread is EPIC!!!!

Just Sayin'.

Down Rodeo
08-17-2007, 09:17 AM
Faith No More absolutely rocked. I regret not getting into them sooner, as they were already broken up by the time I started listening to their stuff. I would love to see them reunite. Now that would be one kick-ass Coachella performance.

meyouseek
08-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I put the dirty minutes under the dirty matress and they are making me itch!

So far ahead of their time. When I first heard Epic in '89 it changed everything. I was lucky enough to see FNM a couple times and I can't explain how excited I was to be there.

PotVsKtl
08-17-2007, 09:59 AM
Angel Dust could do with a special edition dropping that annoying Crack Hitler piece of shit. Otherwise it's a classic.

brando4n82
08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
This thread is EPIC!!!!

Just Sayin'.

WORD!!

And Album of the Year is my personal favorite FNM album. Patton needs to drop the 13 million projects he's working on, even though i want to hear all of them, and start the FNM/Bungle tour of 2008.

I don't mean to offshoot the topic, but has anyone heard the new Tomahawk? It is fucking Fantastic! I REALLLLY hope he takes the new album on tour. suuch a good album

p.s. this thread kicks dicks...i mean ass

rage patton
08-17-2007, 10:21 AM
i fukkin heart Angel Dust

great effin album cover too

I have an Angel Dust t-shirt. I always get compliments on it. Both from people who love Faith No More, or who are just asking WTF is up with my shirt.
I would have to say Angel Dust is my favorite album of theirs.

If Faith No More were to reunite, I would be there in a fuckin second. No second thoughts about it. I dont care where in the world they were playing, I would be at thier first fuckin show! If they did, I wonder who else would be on the line up? It would be amazing if Mike and Jim Martin could get a long. Holy fuck would that be amazing. But if Jim refused to be a part of it... I would still go!

I <3 FNM

bug on your lip
08-17-2007, 10:24 AM
I don't mean to offshoot the topic, but has anyone heard the new Tomahawk? It is fucking Fantastic! I REALLLLY hope he takes the new album on tour. suuch a good album

No shit !
everyone needs to do themselves a favor & listen to the new Tomahawk...
the depths of it is amazing + uber points for doing something creative & unique in the music industry !!!!!!

i've been looking for tour dates, but don't even know where to find it... i'm guessing the ipecac records site

brando, lemming no if you find something

rage patton
08-17-2007, 10:25 AM

The new Tomahawk album is great! Completely different, even for a Mike Patton side project. I would love for them to tour with it, however, John Stanier is touring with Battles right now. I heard Mike Patton is already starting plans to record a new Fantomas album soon. Due out late this year, or early next year. However, due to Slayers touring schedule, Dave Lombardo wont be on the album. They plan to tour in support of the album after its release. No word on whether or not Dave Lombardo will join them on tour.

Fantomas (or Tomahawk) for Coachella 08!

rage patton
08-17-2007, 10:27 AM
No shit !
everyone needs to do themselves a favor & listen to the new Tomahawk...
the depths of it is amazing + uber points for doing something creative & unique in the music industry !!!!!!

i've been looking for tour dates, but don't even know where to find it... i'm guessing the ipecac records site

brando, lemming no if you find something

Bug, I had no idea you where such a big Mike Patton fan. Were you at Peeping Tom this year? I thought the Peeping Tom album was pretty good, but not as good as anything else he has ever done. But they fuckin rocked live! One of my favorite of the entire weekend.

See my above post about tour dates. (Or lack there of.)

brando4n82
08-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Rage Patton, Glad to see you could make it to this thread!

Bug Lip, haha, I will mos def make a thread on this board if and when i find out details. Mike Patton is such a mother fucker though, hes tied up in like, honestly about 6 or 7 current projects (only that i know of) and i dont see him finding time to take Anonymous on tour =/ I'm very curious to hear his contributions to the new Massive Attack album, whenever the fuck thats being released...

thinnerair
08-17-2007, 02:19 PM
i havent heard the new Tomahawk yet. I ll be sure to look out for it...like in my email if you want to email it to me or maybe I ll purchase it.

Faith No More reunion would never happen.
I spent a good part of the morning at work watching Album of the Year era YouTube clips. They were such a good set of bands. It s nice to see that Puffy Bordin is still active as well, even though he was playing with Korn for a bit. Dude's gotta make a living, but it would be great to see them get back together for some shows. It ll never happen tho.
ps...check out YouTube for a clip of them covering Portishead "Glory Box"
its pretty f-ing cool.

york707
08-18-2007, 03:57 PM
I would like to register my approval of this thread.

MarkO
08-18-2007, 07:02 PM
My band of the '90s. Saw them twice; once as support to Gn'R and then headling on the Angeldust tour. Still have the tour tee, still have a couple of 12" picture discs of the singles they released. Angeldust is one of the best albums of that decade.

MY TIME IS SPILT MILK.

brokenDREAMS
08-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Saw them back in '93 at the hollywood palladium and they put on a kick-ass show. This thread influenced me to do some research to find out the set list that night (and here it is):
Caffeine
Falling To Pieces
Land Of Sunshine
The Crab Song
Midlife Crisis
Chinese Arithmetic
RV
Surprise! You're Dead!
Be Aggressive
Introduce Yourself
Easy
Crack Hitler
We Care A Lot
Woodpecker From Mars
Jizzlobber
Epic
Sweet Dreams (Nestles)
Edge Of The World
Let's Lynch The Landlord (Dead Kennedys)
Kindergarten

Also glad to check out peeping tom this year @ coachella, butterscotch's beat-box solo is still my favorite musical experience that weekend!

rage patton
08-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Fuck! That is an awesome setlist!
They actually play RV live? Hahaha, that song is great.
I would do ungodly things to hear them play be Agressive though. I am pretty much sure, Be Agressive is my favorite Faith No More song.
But on top of that, they played a cover of Lets Lynch The Landlord? Christ almighty...

Ok. So. I am building a time machine. I need helpers though... who's in???

gmoneyak
08-19-2007, 10:45 PM
WORD!!

And Album of the Year is my personal favorite FNM album. Patton needs to drop the 13 million projects he's working on, even though i want to hear all of them, and start the FNM/Bungle tour of 2008.

p.s. this thread kicks dicks...i mean ass

SwdpUW0DAEw

Love that crazy bastard...

meyouseek
08-20-2007, 04:44 PM
[QUOTE=brokenDREAMS;275060]Saw them back in '93 at the hollywood palladium and they put on a kick-ass show. This thread influenced me to do some research to find out the set list that night (and here it is):
Caffeine
Falling To Pieces
Land Of Sunshine
The Crab Song
Midlife Crisis
Chinese Arithmetic
RV
Surprise! You're Dead!
Be Aggressive
Introduce Yourself
Easy
Crack Hitler
We Care A Lot
Woodpecker From Mars
Jizzlobber
Epic
Sweet Dreams (Nestles)
Edge Of The World
Kindergarten
[/l QUOTE]

Nice, I was at that show too. Kyuss opened for them which only in retrospect has become somewhat cool... I didn't really like their set and had never heard of them before.

The other time I saw them was in San Diego at the old Soma. It was brutally loud in that little place. Where'd you find that set list? I'd like to see what they played at that other show I was at.

meyouseek
08-20-2007, 04:46 PM
Saw them back in '93 at the hollywood palladium and they put on a kick-ass show. This thread influenced me to do some research to find out the set list that night (and here it is):
Caffeine
Falling To Pieces
Land Of Sunshine
The Crab Song
Midlife Crisis
Chinese Arithmetic
RV
Surprise! You're Dead!
Be Aggressive
Introduce Yourself
Easy
Crack Hitler
We Care A Lot
Woodpecker From Mars
Jizzlobber
Epic
Sweet Dreams (Nestles)
Edge Of The World
Kindergarten

Nice, I was at that show too. Kyuss opened for them which only in retrospect has become somewhat cool... I didn't really like their set and had never heard of them before.

The other time I saw them was in San Diego at the old Soma. It was brutally loud in that little place. Where'd you find that set list? I'd like to see what they played at that other show I was at.

roberto73
08-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I remember "Epic" being really popular when I was in high school. At the time, I had just discovered Joy Division and The Smiths and The Replacements and R.E.M. and thought I was the coolest kid in the world because I didn't listen to the radio. Therefore, I looked down my little elitist 16-year-old nose at the people who listened to Faith No More and carelessly grouped them in with the people who were listening to Billy Ray Cyrus and Skid Row.

Almost twenty years later I came to realize the error of my ways. Faith No More is, indeed, the shit.

By the way, the new album by Roddy Bottum's post-FNM band, Imperial Teen, comes out tomorrow.