PDA

View Full Version : Bang Music Festival 2007--a 2 day event!

HunterGather
08-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Every now and then, I'd check the Bang Music Festival site to see when it would update for this year, and today it has.

Lineup is coming soon, and I'd imagine early ticket prices like last year.

But it's November 10th and 11th at Bayfront Park, Miami.
(not sure if thats near last years Bicentenial Park or not).

Last year they had Daft Punk, Common, Gnarls Barkley, Damian Marley, Modest Mouse, Duran Duran, Tiesto, Baby Anne, amongst others.

Can't wait to find out who they have this year!
I'm desperatly hoping for Basement Jaxx and Bjork.
I've already heard Kanye West and Smashing Pumpkins will be there.

Bangfestival.com
Bangmusicfestival.com

KenMixtape
08-16-2007, 08:16 AM
aside from Daft Punk, Bang was totally not worth it last year.
Plus $5 water tickets are just assholish.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 08:21 AM
aside from Daft Punk, Bang was totally not worth it last year.
Plus $5 water tickets are just assholish.

$5 water? wtf?

HunterGather
08-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Eh, I had a good time haha
Besides Daft, I was looking forward to seeing the ones I listed, well not so much Duran Duran, but the others yeah.

I had no idea water was that much.
I drank beer and soda throughout the day. haha
And thankfully it wasn't your typical insanely hot humid Miami day. It got kinda cool around 1pm if I remember correctly. As far as Miami goes, anyways.

KenMixtape
08-16-2007, 08:52 AM
$5 water? wtf?

Not only was it $5 but you had to stand in line to buy tickets for water, then stand in another line to get it. I don't care who's fault that was, the venues or the promoters, but any place that does that will never see my return business.

Plus there's the fact that the Bang promoters tried to spread the rumor that DP was splitting up after that show and that would be the last chance to see them...

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 09:02 AM
The water thing makes no sense but the Daft Punk rumors was partial true.
It was circulated before Coachella that it would be their last tour but their response to the show was so great that they decided to keep on going...thank god since I missed the Coachella show last year and thought I would never get to see it...

HunterGather
08-16-2007, 09:08 AM
I guess I'm biased cause it's local and I didn't go to Coachella, so this is like convenient.

And yeah, those stupid fucking tickets you had to buy to get any sort of drink was ridiculous.
And don't get me started on the staff there.

Amongst the ticket people at the gates, random staff, and security guards, they were all either rude, incompetent, or stuck up.

The opening ticket area was insanely unorganized. They had signs up for which line was for what, but when you got to one, they say "oh, for that, you gotta go to THAT line" (but the sign for the line your in clearly states what they are supposed to be doing).
The security staff were dicks, and alot of the staff just had a snotty attitude.
HOWEVER, with all that bullshit aside, I had a pretty good time. I came for Daft, but got alot more out of it as well.
I just know now what to steer away from.
I'll give this festival another chance. Besides, like I said, it's convenient.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 09:13 AM
It is okay I am biased towards all things Coachella :D

HunterGather
08-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Note: I edited my post because I remembered the other bad things about the festival :)
Maybe you had the some problems too

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 09:17 AM
every festival I have been to has had issues. Coachella does get more orderly every year..but that is only because it has had 8 years to learn from it's mistakes...

keep2thestreets
08-16-2007, 10:04 AM
For me to fly back there they'd have to get either kraftwerk or AFX to play.

maybe if the 2 day lineup is absolutely stunning but i don't see that happening

I am biased towards Coachella as well

brando4n82
08-16-2007, 10:20 AM
For me to fly back there they'd have to get either kraftwerk or AFX to play.

maybe if the 2 day lineup is absolutely stunning but i don't see that happening

I am biased towards Coachella as well

Dude Serious. I don't know why Coachella hasnt had AFX back since 1999! That will be a huge act if Coachella snags him. He's only playing one show this whole year that i know of. APHEX TWIN FOR COACHELLA '08 who's with me? Thats right. I'm turning this thread into an AFX thread.

fober
08-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Seriously people, get off the Warp Records jock ride.

Before RDJ runs you over in his tank.

ficklecycle
08-16-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't go. Unless Daft played, then I'd only go the day they played and just soak up the sun and water the next.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Dude Serious. I don't know why Coachella hasnt had AFX back since 1999! That will be a huge act if Coachella snags him. He's only playing one show this whole year that i know of. APHEX TWIN FOR COACHELLA '08 who's with me? Thats right. I'm turning this thread into an AFX thread.

WORD AFX 2008!

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-16-2007, 12:52 PM
Seriously people, get off the Warp Records jock ride.

Before RDJ runs you over in his tank.

he can perform atop his tank...

orbit
08-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Dude Serious. I don't know why Coachella hasnt had AFX back since 1999!

Hasn't had BACK? When did he play?

orbit
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
he can perform atop his tank...

AFX will perform in his submarine.

I'd go to any festival where he is performing, in NorthAmerica. I was considering to go to see him and Portishead at UK next december but that would reduce enormously my chances to assist to the next Coachella.

crazzz2007
08-17-2007, 03:56 AM
Hasn't had BACK? When did he play?

i believe he did a dj set in 01.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-17-2007, 05:42 AM
i believe he did a dj set in 01.

Actually this didn't happen. You see I went to the 1st Coachella on this alone and when I got there found out they put Squarepusher in his place...Oh well I did end up discovering Sigur Ros and this thing called Coachella.

crazzz2007
08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Actually this didn't happen. You see I went to the 1st Coachella on this alone and when I got there found out they put Squarepusher in his place...Oh well I did end up discovering Sigur Ros and this thing called Coachella.

but 01 wasn't the first coachella. the first one was in 99.

TeamCoachellaHellYeah
08-17-2007, 01:22 PM
but 01 wasn't the first coachella. the first one was in 99.

So desu ne! But it was MY 1st Coachella...

Mabdul Doobakus
08-19-2007, 08:53 PM
I live just across the bay from this festival, but it was so terribly put together last year that I won't go unless the lineup is ridiculous.

Mabdul Doobakus
08-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Shit, they can't even spell "coming" correctly on their front page. They spelled it "comming". It's this kind of attention to detail that makes this festival a winner.

miseducation
08-20-2007, 11:20 AM
I live just across the bay from this festival, but it was so terribly put together last year that I won't go unless the lineup is ridiculous.

Agreed on the festival being run by complete fools who can't spell or accommodate anyone. BUT, I think supporting a festival like this is too important to our community. People need to stop thinking the southeast, and especially Florida is chock full of jam-banders, trance fueled e-tards and stupid mall punk dick heads.

Langerado festival takes a few gambles but stinks like hippies, Ultra fest rocks out like it's 1998, year-after-year-after-year and WMC is way too expensive/exclusive/narrow-minded to mean anything but a few noteworthy acts will come to town.

I think it's our responsibility to reward alternative/Coachella style band booking with our attendance if you're a local. The more bands realize they have an audience here, the better shows we'll get.

Bang sucked year one but did a few notable things last year. Aside from getting lucky with Daft Punk, they did something pretty rare for a small US festival. They booked a few big time acts that weren't even on tour! Most festivals bounce around headliners like musical chairs - look at the Virgin Fest compared to Lollapalooza - same weekend and an amusing amount of acts that high-fived each other on the opposite lanes of the highway.

They got Modest Mouse and Duran Duran when no tour existed. Shit, they got Modest Mouse to practically debut We Were Dead... there.

That takes at least a small amount of opinionated people in booking and gives me hope enough to forgive the shitty planning.

Rant aside, Doobakus - Bang! needs you.

Mabdul Doobakus
08-20-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't know. Going to a festival should be viewed as doing community service. Anyway, in the last couple years--festivals aside--the scene down here has gotten quite a bit better. It still sucks, don't get me wrong...but Studio A has helped. And the Ft. Lauderdale clubs have done okay.

As for Bang!, how thrilled do you think Modest Mouse was that they got to play a 15 minute set, thanks to technical snafus? I wonder if they'll be back in the area any time soon.

I may break down and go to this stupid festival, but only if there are multiple bands that I'm really interested in seeing. I'm worried about the dilutional effect of stretching this thing out to two days, too. Most likely, an extra day = greater cost and less quality per minute.

HunterGather
08-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I was actually curious about that.

Gnarls Barkley started over an hour late because of technical problems. Pissed me off cause I could have seen their whole set before I went to see Daft. But that didn't happen. I stayed for maybe half their set then went to the House stage.

Did Modest Mouse really only get about 15 minutes to play??

Mabdul Doobakus
08-20-2007, 06:54 PM
I don't really know for sure, but I think that's what I heard. I left for Daft too.

miseducation
08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Heard it was more like 30 minutes and also heard it was Gnarls Barkley's fault and Modest Mouse was pissed.

At least we had Daft Punk afterwards to wipe away any ounce of sorrow that oversight may have caused. When AIR got shafted in much the same manner this year at Coachella, we only really had RATM to soothe us. (and by soothe I mean make us angst and hate-ridden.)

HunterGather
08-21-2007, 06:31 AM
Haha. I just assumed maybe they would like extend the deadline for the festival to an extent to let everyone perform their full set.
I don't think it was directly Gnarls fault. They were on stage for an hour (the roadies) repeatedly fixing the mics or something.

HunterGather
08-22-2007, 03:05 PM
Now the site says Bayfront Park Amphitheatre.
Is that really a place to hold a festival?

Willay
08-23-2007, 12:17 AM
Ok, first off Bang 2006 was only in its like 1st or 2nd year and was slightly unorganized at the gate, like ticketwise and stuff but other than that it was amazing. The staff is pissed c/ they're not dancin n rollin with us because its mostly partiers that live in and around Miami that are working that are doing a nice thing for the electronic music community and their support is deep enough to work for you (and they don't get paid barely crap either c/ they get free tickets to use when their shift is done). Making them heroes in my eyes. Bang was awesome last year EXCEPT modest mouse, they were too drunk to play, out of tune vocally, and at a legal rave which is not where they should be. After taking shots at electronic music which is clearly better than their "rock" and taking shots at the fans and Bang as a whole THEY WERE PULLED and BOO'D OFF STAGE. But newayz, enough bad vibes, they need to bring back Daft Punk (who were not gonna play U.S. ever again after Bang until they saw the support we got for em'... yes... Bang was that a-fucking-mazing. Tiesto is always a must, anyone who doesn't think so is just stupid. Benny would be crazy (he was at Ultra). Here in Florida we love our BabyAnne and our Rabbit and our George Acosta which would all be great returns. Its like a mini-Ultra, great people, great music, great rolls. Also, for the people who think water for 5 bucks is too much its NOT! Its a festival, everything is expensive, especially water (hello!, miami? hot? rolling? supply n demand c/ you gotta pay for Bang somehow!) So just bring your own water (you can bring ANYTHING c/ Miami is cool like that) or ask the people next to you who are wonderful, nice people and will share their water... trust me ;) Smashing Pumpkins I am praying will not be a repeat of modest mouse's failure but probably will. Kanye will be cool especially with a lil' reggae or some flow'ey shit like that. Everybody needs to go to this and Ultra if you haven't checked out Miami now is the time (also visit Space and Area51 they are great afterparty spots that are open far past sunrise the next day.) Oh! Almost forgot the 2day thing might be overkill, Ultra was a 2day thing this year and on the 2nd day people were... well... lets just say it was out of fucking control... literally. Just please take it easy the first day, dont hurt yourselves and ruin it for everyone; Responsibility is the silent R at the end of PLURR. Thanks for reading my rant, I hope to see everyone there, and I hope you have been enlightened.

Peace
Love
Unity
Respect
Responsibility

-Willay

crazzz2007
08-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Ok, first off Bang 2006 was only in its like 1st or 2nd year and was slightly unorganized at the gate, like ticketwise and stuff but other than that it was amazing. The staff is pissed c/ they're not dancin n rollin with us because its mostly partiers that live in and around Miami that are working that are doing a nice thing for the electronic music community and their support is deep enough to work for you (and they don't get paid barely crap either c/ they get free tickets to use when their shift is done). Making them heroes in my eyes. Bang was awesome last year EXCEPT modest mouse, they were too drunk to play, out of tune vocally, and at a legal rave which is not where they should be. After taking shots at electronic music which is clearly better than their "rock" and taking shots at the fans and Bang as a whole THEY WERE PULLED and BOO'D OFF STAGE. But newayz, enough bad vibes, they need to bring back Daft Punk (who were not gonna play U.S. ever again after Bang until they saw the support we got for em'... yes... Bang was that a-fucking-mazing. Tiesto is always a must, anyone who doesn't think so is just stupid. Benny would be crazy (he was at Ultra). Here in Florida we love our BabyAnne and our Rabbit and our George Acosta which would all be great returns. Its like a mini-Ultra, great people, great music, great rolls. Also, for the people who think water for 5 bucks is too much its NOT! Its a festival, everything is expensive, especially water (hello!, miami? hot? rolling? supply n demand c/ you gotta pay for Bang somehow!) So just bring your own water (you can bring ANYTHING c/ Miami is cool like that) or ask the people next to you who are wonderful, nice people and will share their water... trust me ;) Smashing Pumpkins I am praying will not be a repeat of modest mouse's failure but probably will. Kanye will be cool especially with a lil' reggae or some flow'ey shit like that. Everybody needs to go to this and Ultra if you haven't checked out Miami now is the time (also visit Space and Area51 they are great afterparty spots that are open far past sunrise the next day.) Oh! Almost forgot the 2day thing might be overkill, Ultra was a 2day thing this year and on the 2nd day people were... well... lets just say it was out of fucking control... literally. Ok people thanks for reading my rant hope you are enlightened.

Peace
Love
Unity
Respect

-Willay

is this a joke?

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 12:19 AM
But newayz, enough bad vibes, they need to bring back Daft Punk (who were not gonna play U.S. ever again after Bang until they saw the support we got for em'... yes... Bang was that a-fucking-mazing.

EXCUSE ME SISTA. IF IT WASNT FOR COACHELLA 2006, THEY WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE BEEN AT BANG. GET YO SHIT RIGHT.

COACHELLA WAS WHAT STARTED IT ALL FOR YOU AND FOR THE REST OF US HERE IN THE UNITED STATES OF DAFTMERICA.

Word.

Willay
08-23-2007, 12:19 AM
no its not a joke, you are.

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Coachella was the gate way and you're festival wouldn't have survived without Daft.

Willay
what i wrote is truth, i love coachella dont take offense

Willay
Tiesto made our festival, Daft was a close close second.

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 12:24 AM
Look, you and even Daft know that if it wasn't for Coachella, they wouldn't be touring at all. It was Coachella that opened up the gates to the rest of the U.S. & Bang was a great addition, but if it were not for Coachella, Bang wouldn't have been able to enjoy Daft Punk.

Tiesto is a joke.

Boourns
08-23-2007, 12:29 AM
Tiesto is not a joke. Jokes are entertaining.

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 12:30 AM
Tiesto is not a joke. Jokes are entertaining.

That made my night so much better. Thank you.

Willay
08-23-2007, 01:48 AM
Ya... its not like he was #1 DJ in the entire fuckin world for 3 times or anything... lol...

Boourns
08-23-2007, 01:50 AM
And McDonalds is the number one restaurant in the world, so it must be the best.

HunterGather
08-23-2007, 06:55 AM
Eh, I guess.... (reffering to the rude staff at the festival).
If you don't wanna work there, then do something else!! haha

But anyways, I haven't been to a Coachella festival yet (i will sometime...), but I must say aside from a few bugs and glitches, BANG was indeed an awesome festival. While I probably would have not gone, or heard about it for that matter, if Daft wasn't there, I'm glad I was introduced to it.

If they can pull off Bjork AND Basement Jaxx.....
man....
thats all I want. Even though I'm seeing Bjork next month.....

brando4n82
08-23-2007, 07:10 AM
And McDonalds is the number one restaurant in the world, so it must be the best.

BEST REPLY EVER!

Holla atcha BOYYYY!!!

oh yeah, and just for the record:

Trance is Atrocious

Willay
08-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Ok, McDonald's is NOT the number one resturaunt in the world fool, lol, and I can see your point c/ PVD is garbage, but 3 years in a row? You don't get that for not bein' good at what you do...

KenMixtape
08-23-2007, 08:59 AM
they need to bring back Daft Punk (who were not gonna play U.S. ever again after Bang until they saw the support we got for em'...

This is bullshit. Daft was already planning their next tour before they even played that night.
As for the rest of your post, it was so annoyingly worded that I skipped it. Have you ever heard of "paragraphs"?

Mabdul Doobakus
08-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Let's just say Bang made me appreciate Coachella so much more. If you want to remain satisfied with Bang, never go to Coachella.

I'll go if they get Bjork. Hear that, Bang organizers? If you get Bjork, you get Mabdul. We're a package deal. Pay her whatever she wants.

caco0283
08-23-2007, 03:28 PM
93.1 Rock said yesterday that Pumpkins will be at Bang

canexplain
08-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Coachella was the gate way and you're festival wouldn't have survived without Daft.

and as much as i love coachella, monterey and woodstock were the gates for all of the current fests including coachella ... cr****

ficklecycle
08-23-2007, 03:38 PM
and as much as i love coachella, monterey and woodstock were the gates for all of the current fests including coachella ... cr****

I meant in terms of getting Daft Punk for their festival.

You are right though.

crazzz2007
08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Tiesto made our festival, Daft was a close close second.

Ya... its not like he was #1 DJ in the entire fuckin world for 3 times or anything... lol...

Ok, McDonald's is NOT the number one resturaunt in the world fool, lol, and I can see your point c/ PVD is garbage, but 3 years in a row? You don't get that for not bein' good at what you do...

worst newbie ever.

and i guess you're right, tiesto is pretty good at crappy trance.

DeltaSigChi4
08-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Trance is dead.

E

caco0283
08-23-2007, 03:44 PM

I meant in terms of getting Daft Punk for their festival.

You are right though.

worst newbie ever.

and i guess you're right, tiesto is pretty good at crappy trance.

Trance is dead.

E

WHY CANT WE TALK ABOUT BANG!!! WHY MOST ME GET INTO ALL THIS OTHER DUMBSHIT

crazzz2007
08-23-2007, 03:46 PM
well, cause Bang isn't that interesting of a subject.

canexplain
08-23-2007, 03:47 PM

sorry i was just responding to a quote ... hush canx .... cr****

caco0283
08-23-2007, 03:48 PM
god i hate this board again....it was cool for about 3 days now its time to leave for a few more months

crazzz2007
08-23-2007, 03:53 PM
god i hate this board again....it was cool for about 3 days now its time to leave for a few more months

good riddance

idrive1life
08-23-2007, 03:54 PM

Spoon is scheduled to play at Talleyrand Music & Arts Festival in Jacksonville on 11/10. I'm guessing they will be at Bang on 11/11 (Bang, GO GET' EM!).

The Stills and The Format are the only 2 other bands I'm interested in Talleyrand. But for less than $30 presale tix. Awesome!

caco0283
08-23-2007, 03:59 PM
whats up with bang and ultra getting full bands to play.....i really hope they bring Rabbit in the Moon like Ultra did....

idrive1life
08-23-2007, 04:02 PM
So when are they going to make a lineup announcement?

orbit
08-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I didn't see someone requesting George Acosta many years ago. Sad.

orbit
08-23-2007, 04:19 PM
93.1 Rock said yesterday that Pumpkins will be at Bang

So I'm guessing the Pumpkins and Kanye will be the headliners?

HunterGather
08-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Mainstage headliners... I wonder if they get Basement Jaxx, IF they do, would they be on the House stage or the Main stage...

Not sure when the lineup will be released. Hopefully within 2 weeks. If I recall, I found out about Daft at Bang last year around the end of august/early september.

crazzz2007
08-24-2007, 01:36 AM
Mainstage headliners... I wonder if they get Basement Jaxx, IF they do, would they be on the House stage or the Main stage...

Not sure when the lineup will be released. Hopefully within 2 weeks. If I recall, I found out about Daft at Bang last year around the end of august/early september.

Basement Jaxx would be on the main stage

caco0283
08-24-2007, 07:20 PM
power 96 mentioned today that kanye west is playing at bang

suprefan
08-24-2007, 07:25 PM
And its been mentioned quite a bit...

brando4n82
08-24-2007, 07:30 PM
it's just too bad he's not worth mentioning

caco0283
08-25-2007, 04:44 PM
And its been mentioned quite a bit...

not from any sources i can count on

it's just too bad he's not worth mentioning

he was very entertaining at coachella.....i wish he played on time

miseducation
08-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Okay gentlemen. New info.

First - Tickets on sale this saturday, that's concrete. As is Kanye/Smashing Pumpkins.

Second, the rumors (given by someone who called that tickets would be on sale before we got confirmation):

- The Roots
- The Bravery (sucks)
- Spoon
- Explosions in the Sky

Less verifiable rumors are saying:

- The Flaming Lips
- Chromeo

Other names are also mentioned, I don't know them and don't care about them.

I imagine we'd need a few more electronic acts considering that website said (but no longer says) that it's an "electronic music festival."

caco0283
08-30-2007, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=miseducation;284871]Okay gentlemen. New info.

First - Tickets on sale this saturday, that's concrete. As is Kanye/Smashing Pumpkins.

Second, the rumors (given by someone who called that tickets would be on sale before we got confirmation):

- The Roots
- The Bravery (sucks)
- Spoon
- Explosions in the Sky

Less verifiable rumors are saying:

- The Flaming Lips
- Chromeo

QUOTE]

now thats sick

HunterGather
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Is the lineup going to be released before tickets go on sale??

I'd love to get early bird tickets, but not be tricked by a fucked lineup!

HunterGather
08-30-2007, 01:13 PM
From Billboard.com ....

Kanye West and Smashing Pumpkins will headline the 2007 Bang! Music Festival, to be held Nov. 10-11 at Miami's Bayfront Park Amphitheatre. Tickets go on sale Saturday (Sept. 1).

Thirty acts are expected to perform at the Haddad Productions-steered event, which is expanding to two days this year. Confirmed so far are the Bravery, Riverboat Gamblers, Automatic Loveletter and Kevens.

psychic friend
08-30-2007, 01:14 PM
I hope the $2 water is more appreciated now. after 8 years.

caco0283
08-30-2007, 01:21 PM

hater

miseducation
08-30-2007, 02:09 PM

Not just $2 water - but $2 water in the desert. Psychic, drinking that makes me feel like I'm sipping pure happiness. I still very often think about what it's like to drink water when you crave it at Coachella. It makes drinking water at other times seem a lot less satisfying.

Now that the HydroPorn is out of my system. That confirmed lineup is pretty ehh so far. AND that whole mess about 30 bands sounds like only one or stages.

One or two stages equals the grand suckage.

HunterGather
08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
I'd hope its 4 stages and a tent like last year!!
Thats what was so cool! Each stage was a different genre!
I can't go without a breaks tent, man!

HunterGather
08-31-2007, 07:42 PM
They updated their site again. Tickets go on sale tomorrow, ticketmaster yada yada.
No full lineup, but they do show some artists playing for sure:
Kanye West, Smashing Pumpkins, Explosions In The Sky, The Bravery, Spoon, Kevono(sp?), Automatic Loveletter, Riverboat Gamblers.

This does NOT look promising, esepcially with the possibility of no multiple stages...BANG may have officially jumped the shark :(

miseducation
08-31-2007, 07:54 PM
Agreed. Maybe if Spoon and Kanye were the same day and Chromeo was also confirmed then MAYBE I'd consider that one day. (Side note - I live across the street)

These guys jumped the shark big time. A once promising festival now reduced to an excuse in money making where the target market is absolutely nobody.

What kind of a stupid festival would completely ignore Miami's fervent taste for electronica? Just put up a 2 more stages and spend an extra 100 grand on DJs and you'll definitely increase ticket-sales like 3 fold.

At least 5000-10000 people in Miami are always on cue to go to whatever festival they can go take ecstasy at. Ignoring those people makes you a shitty business man and bad festival thrower.

Congratulations Bang, you've officially alienated half your market by being lazy and stupid. These acts you booked aren't so bad - don't be so stupid that you can't actually complete planning the damn thing.

You heard it here first, this is the last year of Bang.

summerkid
08-31-2007, 07:56 PM
well its not like its been around for a long time like street scene which really jumped the shark this year and before anyone says they jumped the shark in 2005 when they moved it to qalcalm all I have to do is point to that lineup The Pixies, The White Stripes, The Flaming Lips, Spoon, Snoop Dogg, Deathcab, International Noise Conspiracy, Method Man etc etc etc.

HunterGather
08-31-2007, 08:37 PM
Bjork and or Basement Jaxx would save this festival :D
But sadly, that's not saying much...

idrive1life
09-01-2007, 07:11 AM
I was right that they will have Spoon. ugh Kanye West and the not so real Smashing Pumpkins. I'd wait on the full lineup before I make decisions on this. But that 2 headliners arrrggh for me (even wth Spoon - I'll probably just go to Talleyrand then?)

HunterGather
09-01-2007, 07:38 AM
Damnit. Tickets are on sale now, but the full lineup has yet to be posted!

orbit
09-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Well, most electronic acts of past years haven't been THAT good anyway.

There's lots of breaks talent in the southeast, hopefully Bang will realize that.

Willay
09-03-2007, 05:39 AM
Ok people, why would you not headline with electronica? Its Miami... what the fuck are you doing throwers of Bang? What the fuck are you doing... all the acts SUCK, every single one of em, well... explosions in the sky are good, but I downloaded music from all these bands and they all SUCK, I can't believe this is happening :(

caco0283
09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
so two day vip passes are 450 and a two day pass is 145-165

on ticketmaster it only shows Pumpkins playing and Kanye

suprefan
09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
So after looking around a bit this is all thats announced? I know the girl who sings in Automatic Loveletter, hahah so weird to see them on a festival bill.

Automatic Loveletter
Kanye West
Spoon
Riverboat Gamblers
Kevens
The Bravery
The Smashing Pumpkins
Explosions in The Sky

Willay
09-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Ok everyone, its been confirmed, there will be NO EDM at Bang this year. Apparantly Haddad Productions is run by some rich kid who inherited alot of money and he went into debt because of the last 2 Bang Music Festivals (tiesto lights n daft lights on 2 dif. stages in 2006, they're so awesome that it has to cost alot of money probably) so this year they are having it all on one stage at BayFront Park Amphitheater, and it will be all pop / rock / rap to draw in a "reliable" crowd so that this kid can pull himself out of debt which he won't because ALL of Miami is boycotting it... anyways, Paul Van Dyk and Eric Prydz will be at SPACE on Nov. 10th (first day of new shitty bang) which will counter that, also that night and week are a ton of other people (guetta, kleinenburg, etc.) so the clubs have already thought this one through. Thank god for Miami nightlife otherwise it would've been a shitty weekend spending 165 dollars +gas, water, food, rolls, hotel, etc. Now it will cost maybe 70 bucks for my weekend :) Hope this helps, peace!

PLUR
Keepin' the dream alive! (Bang 2006)
-Willay

HunterGather
09-06-2007, 02:47 AM
You have no idea how much I was looking forward to this since last years fest ended...
I mean, it had so much potential.
I had this crazy idea that the lineup would be something like this:
Kanye West, The Roots, whichever Marley brother is touring right now..i think its steven..., Kaskade, Basement Jaxx, Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Chemical Brothers, Bjork, Justice, Busy P, Digitalism, Bloc Party, TV On The Radio.......

Not necessarily all of them, but they all seemed like good choices....

The full lineup isn't even out yet, and already.....BANG, R.I.P.

P.S.
If you happen to nab Basement Jaxx or Bjork, you will get my money that weekend....

I'm not sure who I'm talking to. Thinking out loud is all

caco0283
09-06-2007, 11:07 AM
I would die with Enur was there

KcueZMZMVk8

suprefan
09-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Man they screwed up on this royally, another festival to go into extinction it looks like.

malcolmjamalawesome
09-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Ok everyone, its been confirmed, there will be NO EDM at Bang this year. Apparantly Haddad Productions is run by some rich kid who inherited alot of money and he went into debt because of the last 2 Bang Music Festivals (tiesto lights n daft lights on 2 dif. stages in 2006, they're so awesome that it has to cost alot of money probably) so this year they are having it all on one stage at BayFront Park Amphitheater, and it will be all pop / rock / rap to draw in a "reliable" crowd so that this kid can pull himself out of debt which he won't because ALL of Miami is boycotting it... anyways, Paul Van Dyk and Eric Prydz will be at SPACE on Nov. 10th (first day of new shitty bang) which will counter that, also that night and week are a ton of other people (guetta, kleinenburg, etc.) so the clubs have already thought this one through. Thank god for Miami nightlife otherwise it would've been a shitty weekend spending 165 dollars +gas, water, food, rolls, hotel, etc. Now it will cost maybe 70 bucks for my weekend :) Hope this helps, peace!

PLUR
Keepin' the dream alive! (Bang 2006)
-Willay
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7408/blowuphardfu1.jpg

PLUR indeed, my friend. PLUR indeed.

HunterGather
09-14-2007, 04:11 AM
ooh, their website is now like up and running with a menu and all that good stuff. Except no lineup or anything just yet.
Whenever u try to click on the links, the "IN CONSCTRUCION" picture animation stays there.
Hopefully by monday at least the lineup comes out!

Ardentbiscuit
09-15-2007, 01:13 PM
If you watch the website and don't enter it tells you a bunch of the line up..

Smashing Pumpkins
Kanye West
Kevens
Spoon
Explosions in the Sky
Automatic Loveletter
Riverboat Gamblers
Chromeo
Spacebar
The Roots
The Bravery

But if you click in it says line up under construction..

It's 2 days now so obviously there are going to be more bands, so far I think the line up is kinda blah..

suprefan
09-15-2007, 02:11 PM
So after looking around a bit this is all thats announced? I know the girl who sings in Automatic Loveletter, hahah so weird to see them on a festival bill.

Automatic Loveletter
Kanye West
Spoon
Riverboat Gamblers
Kevens
The Bravery
The Smashing Pumpkins
Explosions in The Sky

Gee look what I found if you LOOK ABOVE YOUR POST.

The Roots, Spacebar and Chromeo are decent additions.

Ardentbiscuit
09-15-2007, 03:59 PM
I noticed before looking but then I realized they had added Spacebar, roots and Chromeo since you posted it so I left it! Sorry!

Honestly, if I am going to go to Florida I would probably hit the Ultra Music Festival instead because it's more my style of music.

Can't wait til they announce the line up..

Wonder if the Langerado is going to have a good line up for 2008.

Speaking of festivals, is Riottt.com going to do that Be the Riottt! again?

Hmm, okay I'm babbling on now.

HunterGather
10-06-2007, 09:34 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
So like, I still check the BANG site regularly for updates and stuff.
The site recently was more or less functional and up and running (even though the lineup still said MORE TBA).

So this lovely morning I decided to check the site again and was greeted with this message:

"BANG Music Festival 2007 has been Postponed..

Refunds available at Point of Purchase."

I guess ticket sales really are that bad!
Wooo! Maybe they can work out some kinks to this..............
Or I'm just getting ahead of myself.

pinguinotonto
10-06-2007, 10:34 AM
lol that sucks. Even last year would have been a failure if Daft PUnk wasn't there.

HunterGather
10-06-2007, 10:37 AM
I dunno man.
The people who werent there for Daft were there for Duran Duran :D

It was an awesome festival and I remember thinking how I was most definantly going to come back in 2008, but as you can see....

But I'm going to do Ultra in March tho fo sho

orbit
10-06-2007, 10:42 AM
Ultra is pretty bad.

I bet Ultra 2008 will have 85% of the 2007 lineup.

pinguinotonto
10-06-2007, 06:32 PM
i remember reading articles about Bang 2006 afterwards, and they said that it was a flop, and that it barely made any profit, and that only profit was because of daft punk.

HunterGather
10-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I remember it being crowded, but not THAT crowded. Which was kinda nice.
And for Miami, it was actually rather nice and not that hot as I thought it would be.

pinguinotonto
10-06-2007, 07:41 PM
o yeah dude, my experience there was awesome. other than all the crazy raver kids, it was really fun.

orbit
10-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Future Sound of Breaks is the best festival in Miami.

Brent
10-07-2007, 07:33 AM
hmmmmm. Yikes.

goodgrl
10-07-2007, 09:06 AM
I just checked its website to see if they released the rest of its line-up,
it says bang is postponed. anyone know why?

so is it money matters or did a headliner pull out?

and yes I read previous posts & googled.
just wonderin' if there was anyone on here from miami that
prob heard sumthin' on their local radio stations